Thursday, November 03, 2011

Una Familia Con Suerte #22 Thu 11/3/11 Don't set up your sister-in-law without asking her first.

After meeting cute in the elevator, Tomas and Pina both get out at the penthouse. He goes to apologize to Pancho (who tells him to shape up and stop drinking) and Pina goes to ask Vince why he doesn't want Candy on her radio show.

Pancho's press conference goes well. He says all families have skeletons in the closet; that until recently he was a regular common guy with money troubles and his sweet sister was working to help him with the bills; that he loves his family! He charms the reporters. Rebe grudgingly admits it wasn't bad.

Big Boy tells Pancho: Chela is a panther because of jealousy. Pancho hits him.

The bald guy (Chacho) reveals that it was he who sent the flowers, and that he's loved Chela for a long time. Pancho is charmed and enthusiastic about this swain for his sister-in-law. It makes him go give Chela advice: "You're still young and good looking, you need somebody to kiss and caress you, you need to marry ..." and then, making the mistake of raising and lowering his eyebrows coquettishly he coos: "Love is closer than you think."

He asks one of the maids to take over making dinner, and calls Rebe and begs off tonight's etiquette/dinner lessons. He takes Chela (dressed like a gigantic kiwi) to a restaurant - but first, leaving the house, he sees Alex lurking and tells him to leave. Alex says he loves Lupita.

Ana starts to write a song about loving somebody out of one's social class! "Who is it?!" Candy asks, offering to give Ana a sexy makeover. Ana says she won't change her personality for any boy. (Lupe, still sulking over Tomas, also notices Ana has a crush on somebody.)

Monica yells at her dad for inviting the Irabien family to come talk about her supposedly impending wedding without asking her!! She's crying and yelling: "I'm not sure I want to marry him." Daddy won't hear that and orders her not to show your doubts in front of the guests. Enzo and Vince toast to the wedding; Pina says the kids are awfully young to marry. Vince: "But, remember, WE were that young..." Pina: "Uh, yeah, that's why I recommend they wait!" Monica runs to her room. Pepe calls! and at the same time Freddy knocks at her door. She doesn't pick up the phone. She tells Freddy she feels pressured.

Chela and Pancho chat at the restaurant. "Since you signed the contract everything has changed," she complains. "You don't know how things are with your kids. We used to tell each other everything. Now we're distant." At her urging, he tells her about the biz with the Arabs. She offers to cook for the visitors, that will soften them up.

Pancho tells Rebeka to leave the Arabs in his hands - trust him! He also tells her he wants Chela to have a rest. Rebeka thinks that's a nice idea. She hires him a babysitter - and sends the babysitter to Chela without even asking first!

His buddies come to the office; Pancho tells Chacho, "Chela is ready to fall in love!" Pancho coaches his friend in words of love.

Candy in her pink stretchy suit bewitches Vince comes over - she taunts and teases him. He says he'd like to see her naturalita (nude). He tells Enzo Candy is in love with him! Enzo thinks she can be used as a weapon against Pancho! (In fact, Candy does think Vince awfully cute, especially those blue eyes...)

Labels:


Comments:
"Dressed like a gigantic kiwi"...yikes, Melinama. You can cut to the bone, lady.

Glad to see the Candela/Vince romance heating up...best part of the show...other than your and Julie's fine recaps.
 

Thanks so much Melinama! I also laughed at the giant kiwi line. Chela needs a makeover, badly. Poor Kojak doesn't stand a chance since now Chela thinks Pancho has some romantic interest in her.

Candy and Vince will be fun to watch. They are both attracted to each other, and trying to manipulate each other for other purposes.
 

Thanks for the recap. Poor Chela. I hope the Arab dinner is the start of her makeover. I kind of like Kojak and think it's sweet that he sees her beauty through those lumpy sweaters.
 

Poor Chela, I had to laugh when the waiter removed her shawl and she still had a sweater underneath. How drab. She looked much lovelier when she finally took the frumpy sweater off too. I like Niece's idea about the Arab dinner being the start of her makeover. Not sure how that would work out but my fingers are crossed.

Vince and Candy are a hoot. He couldn't resist gleefully clapping his hands and rubbing them together at the prospect of meeting up with her again.

Vivi, I agree that poor Kojak is going to fare the worst of Pancho and Chela's misunderstanding.

Hooray, we even got a scene with Abeja and Popeye. At last they got to sneak out and meet without those pesky humans around.

Hee, looks like Monica's got it bad for Pepe.

Thanks Melinama!
 

Abejita and Popeye are my favorite characters in this whole thing! They are so cute and both are smaller than my cats.

I hope there is no ridiculous faux pas in front of the Arab investors. Like having pork on the menu.
 

Thanks Melinama! I was very distracted last night and every time I looked at the TV something confusing was happening... the only things I got right were a) Monica doesn't want to get married yet, b) Chela misread Pancho's signals, and c) Chacho LOVES Chela! LOL!

Administrative announcement: I'm starting a new (temporary) job a week from Monday. I doubt that I'll be able to continue doing two recaps a week even if they're puny, because I may fall behind on my viewing.

Of course I can still post a discussion header for Tuesday, and the Friday recaps will probably be be posted on weekends rather than Friday nights.

I am a little bit surprised (and bummed) that this show hasn't picked up more viewers yet; but it took a few months for LFMB to gather much of a following here on Caray too, and look how that turned out.
 

Tks so much CHF

Do we know this TN is low on viewers?. We don't have a lot of commenters so I guess that's some indication.

I started watching as the intro to Fuerza & it really started to interest me, where Teresa never did. I could only devote myself to the 9PM novela but now it's the 8PM & 9PM novela. I like Familia better. It's different & the humor is sth I get in most cases. Even if I don't get it, it's fun to watch.

I can't wait for Chela's knock um dead gorgeous makeover. I guess it will take another SHARPE mans interest in Chela to get Pancho's attention. From the synopsis, that would be Enzo, someone that should make Pancho VERY jealous.

UA, you mean Arabs don't eat chicharrones?

Any faux pas that Pancho makes will probably be enjoyed by the Arabs, he will come across as a real person, not some stuffed shirt.

Variopinta
 

I don't know if it's low on viewers in general, but it seems to be low on viewers within the Caray universe, which surprises me because we've enjoyed this kind of humor before. It's very coherent and clever and well written, too; even the fluffier episodes are still fun.

The graphics are horrible, though. (You know, like that animated thing with the donkey "honk honk" sound effect.) Too cheesy for me. I was really turned off by them at first. But I don't like the graphics for most of the telenovelas. There's usually a big shiny puffy heart or something corny like that.
 

Thank you for the recap! I am following this novela as a "secondary" show (I usually watch it, but if something has to give, I'll miss a night). I am mostly interested in Vince and Candy's story, but they're all funny.

Thank you for keeping up the recaps, I really appreciate it, even though there are days when I barely am able to keep up. (But I usually do manage!) This is a cute show and I hope it'll pick up more viewers.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder