Monday, November 07, 2011

Una Familia Con Suerte #24 Mon 11/7/11 "I have lava in my veins, little butterfly!"

Enters Candy with the barrio pot brigade yelling "We love you Pancho!" Rebe calls time out and yells at Pancho (Francisco) in private - "You're brilliant except when it comes to your family. With this circus, your credibility is shot. If you can't control your family, how can you control Irabien?" When he says they came to watch his back, she says "At Avon, I'll always have your back. You were managing perfectly well on your own."

Back at the circus Candy tells Arnold she has a mountain of ideas for the company. Vince asks her for a private massage - but not here! "Want me to put on my Catgirl uniform?"

Pancho to Rebe: "Chacho is my consultant, philoshoper. Chela is my boat and my anchor." Turns out, he wants work for all his kids (except Temo). He even wants his dog working at Avon (he has a good nose).

The accountaint tells Vince and Enzo "We made the decision - this meeting is informative, not a debate." "We will keep spending as before." "No. From now on, all expenses must be okayed by me, Rebe or Pancho." Vince, Arnold and Enzo leave; they complain about the "horde of nacos" invasion.

Arnold is stroking Vince when Pancho enters; he and Vince commence yelling at each other. Vince: "You want me to take you seriously, ha ha ha. You did this as revenge because I threw your sister-in-law out the other day." Pancho hears Chela was in Rebe's office. Vince insinuates that Chela might have been stealing things. Pancho punches him.

As usual, (1) Chela tells dead sister I love him in my bones and veins. Forgive me!" (2) Monica is chased down by Pepe at the elevator. She says "Keep dreaming, mechanico." "I dream of you every night."

Pina spending the day in bed, fretting that the magic drops were just a placebo and they didn't work! Adoracion drinks the rest of the not-very-magical flask.

Rebe pours out her woes to Barbara, who finds it all funny, especially the part where Rebe is so jealous of Chela!

Pancho's family talks about the Arab visit. Candy will prepare a "special number" for them. Chela will need money to make a "feast fit for kings" for them.

Vince walks and complains to his dog. Candy appears from behind a tree and whispers alluringly: "I have lava in my veins, little butterfly. You know what you and I could do?" When she tires of taunting him she leaves and he hits his sore nose on a tree.

Pancho has a credit card now - Chela offers us a public service announcement: "Be careful with that, credit cards can be a menace." He tells her HE sent the nanny -- so she wouldn't work so hard. He tells her to dress up sexy tonight, "like you did the other night when you looked like a giant kiwi," she asks why, he says it's a secret. Uh-oh.

Pepe gets Monica's friend Kari to help him out: "Naco, you're driving her crazy. But she will never give in - because she has a boyfriend, and because of her father - they are indivisible because her mom died so young. They adore each other." He catches Monica - asks if she'd like to go out with him - she says she's busy - he reminds her "you owe me a favor. Sit for a minute. I didn't know about your mom... I lost my mom too, I was older, she died when Temo was born. I had 12 years with her. I know how sad it is when your jefa (affectionate joke, means boss-lady) leaves and the world... I don't know what I would have done without my dad. So I understand." She runs away crying.

Candy and Pina sit over a snack. "You look sad, what's the matter? Problems with your husband?" "Yes, my husband doesn't want me." "Reconquer him! I know what you have to buy."

Vince is very nervous, his friends can't decide what he should do about Candy. He decides Avon should hire her! Arnold calls Candy and makes an appointment for tomorrow. Chela thinks it's a trick.

Rebeca asks Pancho to try out his English. It's not so good. He says no worries, he knows how to make himself understood. Ana shows up sad, nothing happens.

Tomorrow: Pina tries her pole dancing dressed in leather!

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for getting this up so soon. Wow! What a great recap, thanks.

This was a fun episode! I look forward to Chela's "makeover" and more ridiculous antics between Vince and Candy.
 

Hmm, Candy is flirting with Vince and encouraging Pina to keep trying with him at the same time. Interesting strategy... if only I could figure out Candy's goal!
 

Thanks Melinama!

That was actually a pretty touching scene with Monica and Pepe. I really like that Monica's BFF tells Pepe everything to help out the cause of true love.

I also can't figure out Candy's game. I'm not sure if she even knows what she wants though.

Chela looked really nice for her date. Too bad it was with Chucho and not Pancho!
 

I have two theories about Candy's plan:

1. She really wants to help Pina/get Vince off her case, so she's trying to warm him up and send him home to his wife.

2. She wants to split them up by making Pina look ever more ridiculous.

3. She doesn't have a plan and just enjoys mischief. That this is raising the stakes on both sides of the marriage is merely incidental.

OK, that was three theories. I'm not great at counting.
 

Thank you so much Melinama for the wonderful recap. I have been struggling thru telenovelas and just discovered this site. I love this tn. So funny! I like Sergio. I am watching DA late night on Univision, at least he is not destroying cell phones in this one. I think that Rebecca is starting for fall for Pancho and that she is very jealous of Chela. Wonder if Candy and Pina will end up as Bffs.

Madelaine
 

Vince is more considerate of Abeja than Enzo is of Monica. Vince doesn't go for getting rid of the puppies or hiding the pregnancy, while Enzo is pressuring Monica into a marriage she clearly doesn't want - yet.

Julie, I vote No. 3. Candela justs likes shaking things up.
 

Yeah, I'm not happy with Enzo at all. Not that Vince is any role model either, but at least Freddie seems able to take care of himself so far. Monica is a nervous wreck and she's even telling Enzo what she's upset about and he STILL isn't there for her at all.

The irony is that he's always said that he does everything for Monica's future. Making her marry someone when she isn't ready is obviously not for HER future... it's for Enzo's future.

Why doesn't Enzo just marry Vince himself? That'd solve everybody's problems.
 

Tks so much CHF

So funny when Popeye enjoyed the office lunch.

Arnaldo's eyes went right to Candy's
chest.

Love this TN

Variopinta
 

Oh - I feel I'd be remiss if I didn't react to Pancho punching Vince.

Here it my reaction: YAY!!!

I hope Vince gets punched lots of times before this thing is done.
 

Melinama, thanks for the recap.

Julie, #3 for me if we are voting.

Rosemary
 

Sorry for the late comment, I just got around to watching this episode. It was a good one. Pepe and Monica were adorable. Well...mostly Pepe was adorable but they are a cute couple.

Madeline, welcome!! It's great to have a new commenter for this novela. It's fun isn't it? And what a completely different role for Sergio. I like your theory about Candy and Pina ending up as BFFs, that would completely unhinge Vince.

I agree that Candy's motives are a mystery. However it's a lot of fun watching her mix it up. I think I'll go with theory #3. Now that she is unemployed she's probably bored.

Thanks Melinama. I like how you are able to sum up entire rambling scenes in just a sentence or two. I wish I could figure out how to do that.
 

I forgot to say your title is terrific. It looks like Candy might be one of the most quotable characters in this show.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder