Thursday, November 03, 2011

La Fuerza del Destino #63 Wed 11/02/11 Oh, dear; what can I do? Baby's in Black and I'm Feeling Blue

Recap by Urban Anthropologist


Since I covered our villana's first wedding it's strangely appropriate that I cover the second one. Some dialogue will be paraphrased and please provide any missing details. Gracias.

Antes

Lucrazia chews out Boozy Floozy for her behavior at the party. Ivan explains to Camilo about his decision and “When you have a son you'll understand.” then asks him to witness the wedding. David goes off to give those nacos an etiquette lesson.


Nuevo

Casa Curiel, redux: Carlota tells Lucia what happened at the party.

Carlota: You'd never imagine it. In front of everyone, in front of the world in the full light of day, she was drinking and she said with some nerve [mayor descaro] that she had a child with Ivan ten years ago and who knows what other terrible things. [barbaridades]
Lucia: No puede ser, Abuela.
Carlota: People's jaws dropped and your mother was furious. I understand your sacrifice for the child., but –
Lucia: Don't say anything, I beg of you. You said nothing about the necklace?
Carlota: No, but tomorrow I will send a check for what was paid.
Lucia: No, no, don't do that.
Carlota: Why not? Besides, with what money will we pay the loan?
Lucia: It's that Camilo bought the necklace but he doesn't want anyone to know.
Carlota: Camilo? And with what money?
Lucia: I suppose with his arroros [not sure I heard this correctly]
Carlota: All the more reason to pay him.
Lucia: Abuela, por favor, he had the best intentions.
Carlota: I don't doubt it, but I will give him the money. And you should not have accepted it.


Casa McGuire: Camilo takes a call from Lucia, who has to tell him she spilled the frijoles about the necklace. He's not happy about this. I think his comment about Ivan was that he would think he had other intentions.


Pool, a few days later: Ivan watches Alex at his swim lesson as the Boozy Floozy tries on various dresses for her imaginary wedding day. Lucia sits on a bench looking at what should have been her engagement ring.


Casa Galvan: Camilo is dressed to his nines for the enshacklement . He tells Antolin that JJ wants to talk to him. That JJ told him two weeks ago. Antolin speculates on what JJ wants before swallowing a bite of his food, then slaps Camilo on the arm saying “Give Ivan my condolences.”

While he's at it he can give Ivan ours, too.


Casa McGuire: Benito – who has been away visiting his family for the past few weeks – arrives and compliment's Ivan's formal clothes. When he gets excited at the prospect of Ivan marrying Lucia, Ivan gives him the bad news. In the garden, Boozy Floozy arrives with Lucrazia and Carlota. She chose the strapless white dress with the short ruffled skirt. Tony introduces them to the magistrate. I think the viewers are going to be sick. We all know Ivan already is.


Casa Curiel: Lucia – dressed in black – looks at the diamond ring and starts to cry.


Casa McGuire: The ceremony is almost over. It ends with the magistrate handing the pen to Ivan, who looks aside as though he's hoping for a way out. Suspense music begins. He signs and hands the pen back. The magistrate hands it to Boozy Floozy, who is gloating over this. The magistrate comments that it is traditional for the couple to kiss. As Boozy Floozy grabs Ivan to kiss him – clearly against his will – Bruno runs in and knocks over the stand holding the champagne bucket. The ice spills, the cork pops, and champagne spills all over the grass. We briefly cut to a shot of the crying Lucia, then back to the non-party where we briefly see Tony shake the magistrate's hand as a servant carries the champagne bucket away. She didn't miss a thing.

Benito: Ivan, should we get more champagne?
Carlota: It's not necessary, Benito. There is nothing to celebrate.
Boozy Floozy: Yes, I want some.
Carlota: Maripaz, you won in that you got married, right? Be satisfied with that.
Boozy Floozy (pouting): Mama...
Lucrazia: Your grandmother is right. You ruined Señor Anthony's other party. You are in no position to make demands.
Tony: Excuse me if I'm interrupting, but we're leaving tomorrow and I want to take the privilege of seeing you out. Doña Carlota, this will not be the last goodbye, but hasta la lluego.
Carlota: Yes, I hope so. It's such a pleasure to know you.
Tony: The pleasure is all mine. Camilo will have my address and phone numbers. Ask him and I'm just a phone call away.
Carlota: Thank you.
Tony (shaking her hand): Doña Lucrezia, I hope you will be very happy at your ranch.
Lucrazia: God willing, Don Anthony, and good luck to you.
Ivan (taking her hands): Doña Carlota, if there is anything you need, call us.
Carlota: We're going to miss you. And don't forget that we'll always hope you come to visit us. You're going, but you will have all our affection.
Ivan: I am leaving everything, including my heart. Take care of yourselves. (turning to Lucrazia and shaking her hand) Doña Lucrezia, I'm glad we could resolve our differences.
Lucrazia: Thank you. Take good care of Maripaz. She isn't perfect, but she really loves you. (Boozy Floozy gloats at this)
Ivan: Don't worry. She won't lack for anything in the EU. However, for the moment, would you please take her back to the hotel?
Boozy Floozy: Hotel? Aren't I going to stay here?
Ivan: No. You need to pack your bags. Benito will pick you up in the morning.
Boozy Floozy: But why?
Lucrazia: Daughter, please...
Boozy Floozy: And when are we having our wedding night?
Carlota (in a stage whisper): For God, why don't you shut your mouth? Every time you open it you spew out stupidities!
Boozy Floozy: I?
Ivan: Maripaz, ja. Since we're just among family, I can say this. You know perfectly well why we got married. You've accepted the rules of the game.
Boozy Floozy: You are going to be sorry. I swear you are going to be sorry. (turns away and exits)
Lucrazia: Maripaz. (to Ivan) Please, excuse her one more time. Con permiso, and have a good trip.
Carlota: Son, I don't know what to say to you.
Ivan: No need to.
Carlota: God be with you. (She starts to leave) Camilo, please come to see me in the morning.
Camilo: It'll have to be in the afternoon because I will have to take leave of Ivan and Anthony.
Carlota: Very well.
Tony: Doña Carlota, allow me to see you out. (they exit)
Camilo: Well, it's done.
Ivan: Yes. Thanks for everything, Camilo. I'd better pack my bags.
Camilo: See you later. (Ivan exits)
Benito: It's a wedding spot, but it's more like a funeral.
Camilo: That's the least of it. I only hope that Ivan won't be miserable for the rest of his life. That either he resigns himself or divorces this woman before she makes any more of these little scenes.
Benito (laughing ironically): He'll going to sleep dreaming of divorce.
Tony: Ivan?
Camilo: Ivan left. I have to leave, too, Don Antony. I'll be back in the morning.
Tony: Thanks.
Benito: Sir, is Ivan OK?
Tony: What OK?
Benito: I know that for everyone this is the end of the world.
Tony: You don't have papers? (Benito shakes his head) My lawyer will take care of it.

The cake remains uncut and uneaten. Isn't there a superstition about that?


Commercial Break that leads with a promo for the Latin Grammys.

Casa Lomieli: Alex doesn't want to go. Gerry is trying to be positive and Carolina is surprisingly restrained.

Casa McGuire: Tony talks to Bruno about the spilled champagne, but he's certainly not angry with him. “You know you did a bad thing with the champagne. I also wanted to throw that champagne at that....oh, well” They settle on the couch and he calls JJ. He apologises for not having invited him, but that this was a private ceremony with family only. JJ understands. Tony explains that they are leaving for LA the next day and that Camilo will be in charge. JJ seems pleased with this, then tells Esther he wants to see Judith when she returns. (She is teaching a catechism class).

Casa Curiel: Carlota and Lucrazia talk in front of Don Teodoro's portrait.

Lucrazia: And Lucia?
Carlota: In her bedroom. She hasn't come out of it.
Lucrazia: I imagine she is very sad.
Carlota: Yes. No way would she be able to dance for joy.
Lucrazia: I'm sorry, too. Believe me. But I think this is the best solution.
Carlota: Are you going to say goodbye to Maripaz in the morning?
Lucrazia: No, I don't think so. They are catching an early flight.
Carlota: Good.
Lucrazia: At least we have put one problem behind us.
Carlota: Yes, and what will happen to Ivan?
Lucrazia: Ivan is a man. It's up to him to bring her peace.
Carlota: Only by putting rat poison in the coffee. (exits)

Lucrazia sort of shrugs while looking at the portrait. Don Teodoro's expression is now one of approval.


Casa Mondragon: Esther tells JJ that Judith has come back. He starts to compliment her and she looks suspicious. He pours himself a forbidden drink as he tells her that now that Camilo will be in charge of the McGuire interests she can date him again. She tries to explain that he broke with her and it was because he isn't in love with her.

JJ: You will do as I say. Now go. (Judith exits)
Esther: How can you be so cruel to your own daughter? I'm tired of you treating us as though we were your slaves. I won't accept your behavior anymore. If you don't change your behavior now I will hate you and despite my religious beliefs I will divorce you! Do you understand?
JJ: You dare to annoy me?
Esther: Better you don't annoy me because I'm tired of your maltreatment and your selfishness. What have you done to your children? Where are they? You threw them out into the street like dogs. I'm sure that one day you will try to do that to me. (getting up) And don't forget that half of everything you have is mine. Mine! (exits)
JJ: And now what fly has bitten her? She must be going crazy.

JJ, you really still don't get it, do you? You're obviously afraid of women. The same fear you tried to instill in David.


Casa Galvan: Camilo, Carmen, and Arcelia talk about Maripaz.

Arcelia: Therefore, it was a sad wedding?
Camilo: You can't imagine it, Mama.
Arcelia: Poor Ivan. He must have been drinking to agree to this. When the judge asked if he accepted this bitch...
Camilo: I thought at the last minute he would say no.
Carmen: Poor guy. Now he must feel ground into the floor.
Camilo: Yes. I imagine that Lucia feels the same.
Carmen: The only one who found any happiness is Maripaz. What luck she has. She landed the best catch in Alamos.
Arcelia: I wouldn't be so sure. I don't think that girl will be happy. Ivan does not love her. Not even a little. That will be her punishment.
Carmen: Maybe. But the good life she'll have. Nobody can take that away. She'll have the best designer clothes, live in a mansion like a queen...
Camilo (angry, getting up): I better get to bed. I have to be up early to see them off. (kisses his mother and exits)
Carmen: Can you imagine, Mama? This chick right now must be imagining what she will buy first in the United States?
Arcelia: Ay, Carmen, when are you going to understand that not everything in life is money? That there are other things that are more important? Like affection, peace, and not hurting anyone? You can't buy any of that anywhere in the world.
Carmen: OK, but there is something I don't understand. Camilo is named the general manager of the McGuire company and I still have to find work as a servant.
Arcelia: You have to work and you have to do something. And you don't have the education or manners to do much of anything.
Carmen: I could take English classes or computer classes. Or whatever.
Arcelia: If you're serious I could talk to your brothers.
Carmen: And why do I need their approval? I'm of age. Why aren't you supporting me in this?
Arcelia: In this house they maintain you. They would pay for your classes. You think this is free? No. And that's the truth.

Lily Tomlin's Edith Anne just gave that her special touch.


Casa Curiel / Casa McGuire: Lucia can't sleep so she gets up to look out the window. Both she and Ivan pick up their phones, then put them back down. Ivan punches the pillow in frustration.


Commercial Break that leads with a promos for this weekend's Sabado Gigante and MQB's semi-final. Break out the Kleenex while you still have time.

Casa Lomieli, morning: Ivan arrives to pick up Alex, who is crying.

Alex: Ivan, I don't want to go.
Ivan: I understand, but think of it as a futbol game. Sometimes you lose and sometimes you win.
Alex: What do I win by going?
Ivan: You're winning all my love and affection. Every day it will be more and more. (He kisses and hugs him)

Carolina goes to the window as they leave. She's wearing dark glasses, but appears to be crying, too. Ivan manhugs Camilo as Benito puts Alex's suitcase in the car. Lucia, wearing Jade's headscarf from El Clon, watches from around the corner and cries like one of the sorrowing women in a passion play. She leans against the stone wall, remembers the good times, and cries harder, finally sitting down on the pavement.


Casa Lomieli: Antolin arrives to see Carolina; Gerry tells him she is upset and he leaves them alone. She removes the shades. He attempts to embrace her.

Carolina (pushing him away): Don't [?] I'm not in the mood to talk to anybody.
Antolin (embracing her from behind): I had to come because of what's happening. Go ahead and cry, Princesa. Cry as much as you have to. All the tears you have. I will be here at your side. (kisses her hair) I'm reminding you you're not alone. Alex has gone, but you have me. Always.
Carolina: [something unintelligible] You're so good to me.
Antolin: I'm not good. But I love you. You're hurting so I hurt, too. We will get past this.
Carolina: I can't, I can't.
Antolin: Yes, you can. You have to. If you don't you will make me very sad. (Holds her face in his hands to face him) Cry all you want now and tomorrow you and I will start a new life. I promise.

She continues to cry and he embraces her as the sappy music begins.


Casa Curiel: Camilo and Lucia talk. She's crying, too, and Camilo embraces her.

Lucia: They left, didn't they?
Camilo: Yes, they've gone. Lucia, what's wrong? You are an intelligent, noble woman. You have every right to make a new life.
Lucia: You're saying this because you love me. [quieres]
Camilo: Of course I love you. Eventually the sadness will pass, then resignation, and it will only be a memory. Animo.
Lucia: I'll survive but this really hurts.
Camilo: Yes, I know. Listen to me. You have every right to your life. Totally.
Lucia: Thank you. (embraces him briefly. His expression looks a little guilty. It should.) You came to see Grandmother, didn't you?
Camilo: Yes. Animo, por favor. I don't like seeing you like this. I'll go to see your grandmother. (releases her and starts to go inside)
Lucia: Camilo, wait. (joins him to go inside)


Commercial Break leading with a promo for Immortals. The exit photo includes the crow; the return photo is of Lucia and Ivan.


Casa Curiel: Carlota tries to repay Camilo for the redemption of the necklace. Lucia sits at the same table observing this exchange.

Carlota (angry): No! No, y no! No matter what you are under no obligation to use your own money to do this for me. I'm grateful but I can't accept!
Camilo: Please, Doña Carlota, don't despise me. Let me do this for you because you've been so good to me. You haven't forgotten that I help take care of your ranch.
Carlota: You think nobody else can do better? If I help it's for the good of the ranch. I don't need favors. On the contrary, you need a hand. (hands him a check) Here is the check and we'll conclude this matter.
Camilo: No, Señora, no way. I can't. (gently shoves it back)
Carlota: Camilo, you're making me angry. Take it or I'll hit you! (raises her hand)
Camilo (smiling and laughing a little uncomfortably): Don't be angry, Señora. I'll take it. Thanks. (Lucia smiles at this)
Carlota: Thank you. With all my heart.
Camilo: I did this because I love [quiero] Lucia. (looks at her) I've been very worried.
Carlota (alert, and looking closely at him): I understand you. Now we have concluded this business. What do I owe you for your administrative services?
Camilo: Señora, how can you think of paying me?
Carlota (frustrated): I need to pay you a salary for that! (takes a breath) Well, how are things at the ranch?
Camilo: We've lost most of the corn, but the chiles are doing well. It will be a good harvest. [cosecha] Only, let me say something. I don't mean to annoy you, but there is a little problem.
Carlota: What?
Camilo: La Señora Lucrezia. I've talked to the workers and she countermands my orders. This isn't good. The workers are uncomfortable. They need one boss, one who can take charge. Doña Carlota, you need to decide. It's either her or me.

Carlota rolls her eyes because she knows he's right.


Rancho Socorro: Lucrazia insults Gerry's work until he tells her he won't take it anymore and suggests she get someone else to finish the job. She insults his intelligence further by saying she's just stating an opinion. Very P/A and condescending. Carmen flirts with Ezekiel, finally lying that the father of her child is out of the country on business. Lucrazia catches them in the act but she is prevented from really reaming them out when Carlota calls:

Carlota: Where are you, Lucrezia?
Lucrazia: Looking at the work on the ranch house. You wouldn't believe it but I made a few little observations and Gerardo got mad and left. He had a tantrum [berrinche] and said to go to hell.
Carlota: No doubt you finally pushed him out with your accursed criticism.
Lucrazia: But I only said....
Carlota: Ja, ja! I just called to tell you that effective immediately you will make no decisions about the ranch or the house. I want you to leave the workers alone. That also means Camilo.
Lucrazia (laughing): How? Are you saying that this muerto de hambre is more important than your own daughter?
Carlota: This “muerto de hambre” as you call him is the administrator. Only he will make decisions about the lands because only he knows what to do with them.
Lucrazia: This is a the last straw. [colmo]
Carlota: No, Lucrezia, this is not the last straw, it's an order!
Lucrazia: But you can't talk to me that way!
Carlota: Here it is: It's your fault we lost so much of the crop and I will not let the rest follow the same path.
Lucrazia: It's not fair that you talk to me that way. Mama? Mama!

Realizing that Carlota has ended the call, Lucrezia walks back to the house in a snit.

Casa Curiel: Lucia faints as Carlota tries to explain her decision. Carlota yells for the housekeeper.



Commercial Break starting with a promo for Protagonistas


Casa Mondragon: Antolin arrives and JJ tries to ingratiate himself with him. He actually offers him a job as his right-hand man. Antolin thinks he's looking for a hit man, but JJ denies it. He goes on insulting his own sons and instead talking up Camilo as a possible future Ag Ass president. Antolin is suspicious as to where this is going. “If I accept, how much will you pay me?”


Casa Curiel: Gloria runs in; she and Carlota pick Lucia up from the floor. She comes to. Gloria says something about Lucia not eating anything lately, but Carlota's instincts say that Lucia might be embarazada. Lucia recalls that they only went once without protection [Hija, that's all it takes]. Carlota tells her they're going to the doctor. Gloria returns with a cup of tea.


Los Angeles: We get some panoramic views before they arrive at the McGuire Mansion. Maria, the housekeeper, comes out to greet them. Tony makes the introductions. Maria is happy at the sight of Tony's grandson and new dog. Not so much at Boozy Floozy, who is openly rude to her. They go inside into the marble entrance hall. Maria informs Tony that the rooms are ready and the dinner menu is prepared.

Boozy Floozy: Good because after the trip I want to rest a bit and I don't like waiting long for dinner. (she heads for the stairs) Now, where is my husband's bedroom?
Ivan: Maripaz, wait.

As she stops and turns around, Tony suggests to Alex they look at the garden. He looks over his shoulder slightly as they and Bruno go out.

Ivan (to Maria): Those are my father's bags; they go to his room. Those are Señora Maripaz' bags; they go to the guest room.
Maria: Si, Señor. (complies)
Boozy Floozy: You're putting me in a guest room? You're want to make me look ridiculous to the whole world?
Ivan: I said I would marry you solely for my son. Between you and I there is absolutely nothing.
Boozy Floozy: But I am your wife and you can't put me in some miserable guest room.
Ivan: It's not a miserable room, I assure you. You have the title [papel] as my wife. But only the title. Nothing more. You will not lack for money or accommodation, but there will never be intimate relations.
Boozy Floozy: Are you afraid I will convince you?
Ivan: No. Simply, you don't interest me.
Boozy Floozy: Then I demand the master bedroom.
Ivan: No. That is my father's. And mine is mine and no one else's.
Boozy Floozy: Have you forgotten that I have custody of Alex and I can take him away from you?
Ivan: You are mistaken. From the moment we were married we shared custody. And if you don't behave yourself I will get a divorce and sue for full custody. Don't forget we're in another country with different laws. If your behavior in or out of this house or with our son isn't untouchable any judge will see that I'm in the right.
Boozy Floozy: Do you think your manner isn't untouchable? That you put me in a guest room and refuse to have relations with me?
Ivan: We're not going to argue about this. If necessary we'll see a lawyer. Go up to your room.
Boozy Floozy: And if I want something?
Ivan: Call Maria.
Boozy Floozy: You are going to regret this.
Ivan: No. You are going to regret forcing me to renounce the only and true love of my life.
Boozy Floozy: If your talking about Lucia, she can find someone else. I don't think she'd be content to live with a memory.
Ivan: I would never ask her to. But if she finds someone else I hope he's better than me.

As Boozy Floozy flounces up the stairs, Ivan looks as though he's anticipating the next battle.


Avances:

Carlota tells Camilo that Lucia is pregnant. She later tells Lucia that the baby will need a father. Ivan reaches for his cell phone to call... Lucia?


Vocabulary:

animar to cheer up. [Personally, I would take the imperative of this as an insult]
barbaridad stupid or awful thing
berrinche tantrum
colmo the limit; the last straw
cosecha harvest
descaro nerve, as in gall or chutzpah
papel title

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks so much Urban. Great job on your second MP wedding. :)

So they went to L.A. afterall. Let the games begin! Love how Ivan isn't taking any of MP's bs now that they are married and on his home turf.

Lucia said that she and Ivan had unprotected sex only once, and because they knew they were about to get married (so it wouldn't have mattered had she gotten pregnant). I really hope it's his and not the rapist's (who I'm sure is burnt to a near crisp Saul).

I hope we're done with all the weeping. There was way too much of it last night. Ya, basta! But I'm sure we'll get a few more tears out of Lucia now that she's preggers, unemployed and alone.

Camilo said he bought the necklace using his savings (ahorros). I can add that in for you. I wonder if that's true or if he used some of his loan money. He also said that had it not been for Carly, he wouldn't have gotten the job as ranch administrator, so it was a way of thanking her. But Carly definitely understood at that moment that he has it bad for Lucia.
 

Esther! 'bout dang time you stand up for your self and you kids. Keep it up.

Bruno. Nice move with the champagne. But i was hoping it'd spray on MP.

Ivan. At least you're smart enough to threaten back and use this move to LA to your advantage.

LA. Your music stinks. Surely there's something better to signify the US.

MP. I hope you get fat. Bitch.
 

Thanks so much! Great recap, and I love the title, too.

At least for your second villainess wedding you got more comedy. I thought there were a lot of funny lines in this episode; the writers must have decided they needed to make this hideous derailment of the main romance a bit lighter and not so grim.

Maripaz has lost all touch with reality, hasn't she? She thought once she got Ivan to sign the marriage papers, all would be swell? Now I hope he tells her she needs to get a job and pay her share of the family expenses.

JJ scares me. He really does see his family as his slaves and doesn't understand why they wouldn't want to just follow his every order. I guess what scares me more is that I've known people in real life who are that self-absorbed. Why does anyone let him have so much power?

I, too, am pretty certain that Saul is the rapist (or raper, as Dick on Veronica Mars would say). We saw the guy's arm, and part of his body in a dim shot from a distance, and it was definitely someone of his type; fairly young and fit with some muscle. Not as big as Gordo.
 

What rapist are we talking about? What did I miss?
 

Chuchi- Lucia was drugged and raped last week. She doesn't realize it. Carly and Cleto suspect since they found her the next morning, and without her panties, but they are keeping mum about it.
 

Wow! I guess I missed an episode last week. Can't keep track of all these TN's. That really changes the whole pregnancy thing.
Thanks Vivi
 

Wow, Maripaz has either been married to or slept with all 3 of JJ's sons. LOL
 

I think the LA move was specifically to get Maripaz on US turf to derail her. Ivan has no other reason to do this. No judge in the US would hesitate to look at the facts of this case and not only grant Ivan an immediate divorce but full custody and a restraining order.

And as a bonus might even deport Maripaz if she commits another vehicular homicide. We know she has no interest in going on the wagon or being celibate.

What he should see a lawyer about immediately is getting all of his assets in Tony's name just in case Maripaz is in any position to take advantage of the community property laws.

It looks like Bruno will have a few more protectors among the household staff.

As soon as Judith thinks about MP having boinked two of her brothers and was married to the third, she will be seriously squicked out. I'm actually surprised that JJ hasn't tried to boink Boozy Floozy himself in the name of one-upmanship over David.
 

Wonderful recap, UA. And appropriate that you got another Boozy Floozy wedding.

I really enjoy your line by line conversation recaps.

I was so glad that Ivan dissed Boozy Floozy.

I think I was most annoyed with her last night when she treated Tony's staff like crap.

Beech.
 

Say what!!!!Iván says to Camilo, "when you have a son, you'll understand", he has a hija, that doesn't count?????? Now I'm really pissed at Iván, asshole.

Wrong again, I didn't think they would get to LA.

Wow, MP just can't get any on any of her honeymoons. I guess marriage isn't for her, better to peddle her wares elsewhere.

Loved the look on JJ's face when Ester told him off, like "wha hapen"? Long overdue.

Variopinta
 

Camilo doesn't have any children. Does he? He's divorced but I didn't think there were any kids involved. It's still pretty condescending when people say "when you have children you'll understand."

I don't think Maripaz realizes how stupid she was to marry Ivan. Now the custody order is dissolved and she's got nothing to hold over him to get anything she wants. He doesn't have to support her shopping habits or give her any affection. He's free to make her miserable in a million ways, and he's got so much dirt on her that he should easily be able to control her and get custody of Alex when the time comes.

She'd have been much better off leaving him alone and collecting her monthly stipend, but no, she just has to make Lucia miserable.
 

Variopinta- I don't think he meant "son" so much as "child." That's the problem when the gender neutral word is also the masculine version of the word.

It's still condescending, but better than the "you can have OTHER kids" line that Camilo and so many others were feeding Ivan. Like one child can replace another.
 

UA, thanks so much. Your recaps are great, I love the dialogue and even the commercial breaks.

Boozy Floozy is going to love living with Ivan in LA (not). Let the games begin.

Rosemary
 

And making Lucia miserable is precisely her intention. She can't be happy so she makes sure nobody around her can be. Note how she does precisely what she is told not to do by her mother and grandmother.

People like this will never be happy.
 

Carmen's another who perpetually makes me want to smack her. Someone should give her a mirror so she can see how vulgar and low-class those snotty expressions she makes look. Never mind, she wouldn't understand. And then with her sense of entitlement...she's really so insulted and doesn't see why she should have to discuss what she wants with her brothers?! Um, because it's THEIR money you want to spend? They've enabled her too long already.
 

This is probably the answer to why Lucrazia is the way she is: Carlota probably overindulged her as a child out of guilt about her sperm donor and by the time she realized it was a mistake it was too late.
 

Thanks for the recap UA. I am salivating at the thought of some good punishment from Ivan towards Maripaz.

"You will regret this!" MP has uttered this line so many times to others that is refreshing to see someone use it against her.

Camp Camilo - Party of 1
Aka Vitriol Quazi
 

Vivi
I had a senior moment thinking that Lecita was Camilo's, forgot she belongs to Carmen.

Variopinta
 

Sorry I am late with this, Urban, wonderful and expressive recap, so well written.
I am glad I am not the only one who thinks Teodoro's expressions change!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder