Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Una Familia Con Suerte #58-59 Tue 12/27/11 Vince and Beto sweat; Ana yells.

I cooked dozens and dozens of Hanukah doughnuts tonight for a party, then cleaned up, then watched the show, and then blogged it. I don't have time to proofread it, sorry!

Pina rewards Candy with 2 spa passes for finding Abeja. She and Vince tell Adoracion, "Take this devil dog, with hate in his eyes, away!"

Rebeca misses much of Chela's in-the-dark monologue (which she, and we, have heard dozens of times) as she dozes in Pancho's bed ("in MY house" Chela barks). When Rebe sort of wakes up, Chela yells louder. "What an idiotic excuse, that your house burned, right, like I believe that."

Chela stalks out of the house crying. Rebeca staggers into Pancho's room, still dizzy. She knows the kids hate her. She and Pancho kiss. Pepe enters without knocking and grins at them.

In the barrio, Chela cries at Jessenia. She seems ready to move on but Jessenia eggs her on until: "I'll never accept that I've lost Pancho."

Pepe wants to open a auto shop with Tomas.

Adoracion comes to Pancho's house and says the "usurper" (the false Abeja) got her fired.

Vince calls Candy on their new secret cellphones. He's on the roof with binoculars. He reads her more poetry, pretending he wrote it.

Only Pepe stands up for his dad; the other kids say: "she goes or we go." Regardless, Pancho says she stays till the next day.

Pancho dreams: he's kissing Rebe, but suddenly Rebe turns into Chela. Then Rebe kisses Vince, Pancho screams, NO! Beto arrives in the dream saying: "I told you everything in life turns out badly and ends in death!" Pancho wakes up, hears shouting, and opens the door: there's Rebe, bleeding. "Chela stabbed me with a knife." No, it's another dream! He wakes up again and staggers into the next room, waking Rebe. He tells the dreams.

Enzo dreams of Violeta, Monica's mom. Now we find out she didn't die - she left him!

Pina sits alone in the living room. Freddy comes in and nicely asks what she's doing. "Waiting for dawn... That Tasmanian demon wasn't Abeja. But how are you?" "Did I tell you I asked Moni to marry me? And she said no." "Well, you don't like her much." "But wouldn't she make me a good wife?" "She's unstable." Pina thinks they're too young, anyway, then reminds him "You're the most important thing in my life... after the dog. Let her go to the grocer's son, there are lots of pretty girls out there."

Pancho brings Rebe breakfast in bed. She's still sick from the pill, her house is burnt and Chela hates her.

Candy comes and tells Pancho the show Pina Opina will, today, be half her and half Pina for the first time.

Adoracion comes in with the usurpadora. She cries to Ana: "I miss the shouting, I miss my home." Tomas comes in, she throws herself into his arms.

At the dog psychiatrist Pina says her dog has gone crazy. Vince is there, but he's texting Candy. The doc says they will soon be the happy grandparents of six puppies.

Ana, confused as usual, tells Lupe "I like Manuel, sort of, but there's tension with the other guys now."

"Carmen Matahari" (Candy) enters the spa, two VIP passes in hand. Close behind, "Bergerac" (Vince). Both have hats over their eyes. Bergerac says his wife is dead. Matahari: "My husband is not dead." "I am sorry to hear that." "He went off with his taichi master." "Sorry." "I'll get over it." She lets Bergerac have her second pass.

Wait, how did Vicente get into the lady's steam room? Candy: "Tell me a poem." "I didn't bring the book." He tells her about Mesoamerican spa rites: The temascal purifies body and soul...

... naturally, down the hall come Pina and her friend! Candy rushes out and says "Don't go in there, it's cold and there's fungus! It smells bad, like a rotten egg!"

Rebe and Pancho take a meeting with the director of the school Rebe is recommending for Temo. This woman, supposedly German, is scary looking and humorless, maybe a transsexual. She says Temo will have to take an admission exam. "But Temo doesn't know any German." "He'll take a class in the afternoons." When they leave, Pancho derides the director, she's like a badly-paid sergeant, he's not sure about this, he'll have to talk it over with Chela. Rebe starts up with her speech, "you want Chela," Pancho gets pissed and leaves.

Back at the spa: while Candy works hard to convince Cati and Pina not to go in the steam room, Vince gets so well boiled, he faints and the paramedics have to come for him. Mouth-to-mouth, oh no! Only from Candy! Vince goes running through the lady's dressing room; then Candy runs through the men's dressing room. She kisses Vince there and Pina and Cati are about to bust in and see! But they get intercepted by another guy who reminds them it's the men's room.

At Avon the receptionist flirts with Pepe again, and again, Moni sees them and is very jealous.

Uh-oh, Rebe left her cosmetics bag at Pancho's house. She goes back for it and encounters the crying Adoracion. Then Pancho comes in. He tells her, offhandedly, that Chela has a boyfriend. She says that changes things - but then why hasn't Chela come back to the house?

In the barrio, Chela runs into a guy who says he's lost. "You and me both," Chela mutters. As she's giving him directions Ana sees the two together; she runs after the guy to scold him. Then she scolds Chela for having a boyfriend; then she says she wants to stay with Chela in the old neighborhood.

Beto has a wife! He's ironing, so he must be hen-pecked. The wife, Maria, yells: her clothes are old, he mustn't leave a single wrinkle while ironing, he hasn't paid the rent, his love is worth nothing to her.

Pina is having no luck at all making her own breakfast. Everything boils over and burns. "I quit!" She tells Vince the eggs are well cooked, they've been on for 48 minutes. He spits out the coffee, perhaps made from socks. She says, "Then you make breakfast next time! ... I miss Adoracion, I need her!"

Ana yells at Rebe. Yikes, she is so so rude! "You have no business here, leave and never come back. It's your fault our family is a disaster. We will never accept you, never." Lupe comes in and tries to reason with Ana, who turns on her and yells, "You were always dad's favorite."

Beto enters Pancho's office sweating. "My beloved wife has wanted me to ask you to eat with us for a long time..." So Pancho goes to dinner and is assaulted by the bossy wife while Beto cooks and serves in an apron. The wife, Maria, flirts disgustingly and disparages Beto's cooking. Then she presses Pancho hard to give her husband a promotion and raise. Pancho: "Yes, he deserves it, but since we are cutting costs, it would look strange." Beto apologizes later; Pancho says "I'll give you a 20 percent raise since otherwise your wife will kill you!" Now he knows why Beto is so nervous all the time.

Enzo yells at Vince: "You abandoned our 'plans' just to chase a skirt." In fact, Vince had forgotten about their plans (to buy a majority share of Avon) - and anyway he doesn't see what marriage has to do with it. "Why are you so insistent that your daughter marry Freddy?" "Because I don't want Moni to end up doing what my wife did - leaving. I loved Violeta with all my soul." He tells Vince she isn't dead, and cries.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you Melinama for the wonderful fast recap for a two hour episode, amid all the baking!
Loved this episode. Yes, the director of the school Rebe and Pancho went to is German. They were funny with the German, Her accent was wonderful, and Pancho was a hoot saying "Guten Morgen" (Good Morning) and Danke (Thank you). I wonder if the director is German in real life.

Ana and Temo were so rude. I am glad Pepe and Lupita tried to reason with them. I am glad that Lupe finally told Ana that Pancho is in love with Rebe,and that the heart wants what the heart wants.

Candy and Vins looked like a scene from a 40's film noir movie lol. They take so many chances they will be caught one of these days.

Chela should have gotten the hint by now, she will probably never stop. And Jessina egging her on doesn't help her at all.

Poor Pina, she needs to rehire Adoracion. She is so domestically challenged. The eggs were probably rubber and that toast looked awful and when she couldn't operate the blender, I was laughing so hard.

So Enzo actually has feelings. I wonder why his wife left him?

And Pina is right, I hope Frauddie and Moni never get married.
 

Tks Melinama,

Loved Pepe when he caught Pancho & Rebeca, he waved at her & had such a cute grin on his face.

I'll be glad when the 2 hr episodes are over, hard to stay focused. I know the recappers will also.

I wonder if Monica knows about her mother leaving, weren't she & Pepe discussing the death of their mothers?

Variopinta
 

Melinama, thanks for the recap. What a cute title.

Pepe's pride in his pop's macking skills was soooo cute. When he caught Pancho kissing Rebe, he was just beaming while Pancho was embarrassed. I loved this father-son moment.

As for Ana, I'm so annoyed at her rudeness to Rebe I almost wish she would wind up dating Frauddie.

Poor Beto, his wife is one scary lady. I don't get Enzo. The wife he loved deserted him, so he doesn't want Moni to be with the one she loves; that's logical - not. The guy asking for Chela for directions was cute; I wonder if he'll show up again.
 

Thanks so much for the recap. Also thanks to Julie for Friday's. These long double-headers are a lot to cover, especially in the midst of holiday happenings. We appreciate it!

I love Pepe. He is adorable. I wish he would teach his bratty young siblings to adopt his happy, easygoing attitude. Great job raising such rude kids, Chela. That should really make their dad want to marry you.

The inside of Enzo's head must be a very dark and twisted place. His wife abandoned him, so he wants his daughter to marry a man she doesn't love so she won't abandon him?! QHT?! Does he think that Violeta left him because he was poor back then, and she would have stayed had he been rich? I suspect Moni will be mad when she finds out he lied to her about mommy's death...wonder how long we'll have to wait for Violeta to show up.

Pina cooking breakfast was the highlight of the episode for me. She should do cooking segments on her show. Martha Stewart who?
 

Thanks Melinama. You remind me of the saying "If you want something done ask a busy person to do it". Reading about your dozens of homemade doughnuts made my mouth water.

Pina in the kitchen was hilarious. She does great physical humor. I also enjoyed the slapstick/noir scenes with Vince and Candy.

Wow, quite a revelation that Enzo's wife is alive! I know he's trying but he's a crappy dad, lying about Monica's mom and then trying to arrange marriage to a loser like Freddy.

Beto's wife is played by the actress that was the incredibly sweet mom in Querida Enemiga. This role is quite a change for her. Yikes, what a harpy!
 

Beto's harpy shrew wife was kind of a downer for me. Is that supposed to be comedy? I just found it sad.

Did Elena stop crying, or is she just crying at home now? I'm sort of looking forward to seeing how she gets revenge on the Fraudster.

In an odd twist, I actually found Freddie's scene with Pina kind of sweet. Pina, unlikely voice of reason. I can forgive her thinking Frauddie has any worth (unlike silly Elena and Ana) because she is his mother. Even she places him second to the dog.
 

I have to say that I found the father-son high-fiveing over Pancho kissing Rebe the Robot to be a little creepy...a car, or a futbol game, sure -- and then Pepe cutesy waving to Rebe as if maybe he's gonna get some too if he just puts on a cute enough face? That was rude and demeaning to Rebe. I don't think I'd give Chela all the blame for the kids being outspoken. I think their father demonstrates that behavior to them pretty sufficiently and it's likely a part of the code of their social group (to make a sweeping generalization) to not back down from anyone, speak truth to power, etc. As much as they love Chela, their father seems to be their main model for how to behave in the world, and he has a pretty good habit of running his mouth, as he's demonstrated on Rebe himself several times when she's said or done something he didn't like. Even though she's called "aunt," I'm not sure sometimes if Chela has so much a motherly role as that of a trusted servant. I'm beginning to get tired of the Candy/Vince thing. The stunts they get into are getting old. I've liked the Candy character so far, and am pleasantly surprised at Alicia Machado's acting skills (though I'm no drama critic), but her character is beginning to make me sad. She started as a strong self-assured female but now I can't help asking "Is she really that stupid?" I found the whole episode at the spa unexciting, it wasn't really surprising or fun...here we go again, Candy and Vince dodging Pina. It's really a sad situation. I wish Candy would have more respect for Pina. Candy is beginning to look like a self-indulgent hypocrite. People doing something stupid every once in a while is funny, but laughing at people who just do one stupid thing after another starts to seem sad/pathetic, and I actually start to feel guilty laughing at them, as if laughing at the mentally-challenged. Sorry, I don't mean to sound sour, even with all that I still enjoy the show and there's still a long way to go. I fell asleep right after Ana's yelling at Lupita, I think. Thank you for filling in the rest for me.
-- JR
 

Donuts! Now I want one.

I don't think Jessenia is helping. It's one thing to offer moral support to a friend who has a realistic goal, and it's another thing to encourage someone in a mission that only seems to be prolonging everyone's misery.

I like the way Adoracion took advantage of her own misery as an excuse to fling herself into Tomas's arms. She's no rocket scientist, but she's resourceful. Rebeca was sort of nice to her, maybe she'll end up hiring her and adopting Unbeja.

Ana - extremely rude. Like Jessenia, by trying to promote a Chela/Pancho relationship she's really not doing anybody any favors. Maybe her "sort of" liking Manuel will teach her a lesson about trying too hard to be with someone when you're not really into it. (Or maybe it will work out, who knows. I don't see any chemistry, though.)

On the other hand, Rebeca complains so much about Pancho's alleged "feelings" for Chela that she may eventually talk him into it.

I don't get how "Bergerac" works for Vince. Didn't Cyrano have a big nose?

Thanks, Sylvia, for identifying Beto's wife. I knew she was familiar (especially her voice) but I couldn't place her!

Maybe we should fix up Chela with Beto. She lives to serve, and Beto could use a break. There will be the small matter of what to do with Mrs. Beto. Perhaps we should lock Vincent up with her for a little while until he realizes how lucky he is to have Pina.

It's incorrect to make coffee from socks? Wait, is that what I've been doing wrong all this time??
 

Julie, I think Chela and Beto would drive each other nuts always trying to outserve each other. Chela would be the perfect wife for Enzo because no matter what she would NEVER leave. He has abandonment issues. However I do love the idea of locking Vince and Mrs. Beto (Martita I think) up together. Very Parent Trap-ish and could be quite therapeutic for both of them.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder