Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #67 Tue 1/3/12 Vins totally loses his shit

[This episode was two hours long, but even less happened in it than in a normal one-hour version]

Candi is still sobbing in Chela's lap about her Vins predicament, and Chela reminds her that the man has publicly denied loving her on several occasions. This seems to make at least a bit of an impression.

Pancho is on Vins' case again, a prelude to the breakdown. He gives Vins his meanest squint and extracts a promise to never see the Bombon again.

Vins is already breaking up. He's with Enzo and his other friend, and they're dishing like it was Sex in the City. They warn him not to get too close to Candi, which obviously makes no impression whatsoever. They tell him that Pina will eat him alive if she finds out, and we learn that Pina actually owns the house and everything.

The next morning, we're treated to a hilarious breakfast with Pina and breakdown-Vince (let's call this neurotic side of him Wince). He's talking gibberish, pouring orange juice on his ham, and slathering his toast with butter, raw egg, and strawberry yogurt. As if he weren't enough of a wreck already, Candi shows up and Ado hollers like she always does when someone arrives. Pina says WHAT? Wince says oh, that's Nandy. He chokes on his delicious breakfast and both ladies start pounding on his back, ostensibly to clear the blockage. Pina leaves on some business or something, and Wince tries to tell Candi that he can't see her anymore. She freaks, and informs him that he's going to lose this "mujeron," this gypsy body (?), this caramel bonbon. Nice to see her with such a positive self-image.

Pancho is getting rock-bottom-nothing done at work, thanks to barfy-cute flirting with Beca, throwing kisses and such crap.

Ana lays the guilt on pretty thick with Pancho, blaming him for Chela's departure from the household.

Similarly, Candi is getting very little done at the radio station. She's distracted, and Pina chews her out. Then she decides to take the call from Vins, something sure to calm her down.

At his office, Wince has begun to hallucinate, seeing Candi posing on his monitor, in his address book, and even in the test patterns on the television. Predictably, the real bonbon shows up and he proclaims her to be a phantasm ("are you radioactive?").

We see what a terrible show Pina Opina really is, as the host steamrolls her poor guest into supporting some weird black-hen diet.

And that's just about it!

Labels:


Comments:
HI Ezra, I am trying to catch up fast here so I can jump in on Monday to recap. Here in New Mexico, Familia has only been one hour long yesterday and today. Are you getting a different program set up in the east? I will study the previous recaps a bit to see if I can get on the right track.
Thanks for posting your recap. It looks like the action takes one or two sentences so capturing slang phrases is the game to play. I appreciate how difficult all this work you and Melinama have been doing holding this telenovela together with Julia and Julie.
 

Best recap title ever!
 

Ez, great recap man, thank you. I agree with Sara, what a perfect title.

I don't think this was a two-hour episode, although it might have felt like it. Vince was a scream tonight; it was his night to shine.
 

Thanks Ezra for the great recap. I missed most of this episode loved your title. I only saw the part with Vins or should I say Wince putting all the horrible things on his toast lol.
 

Heh, Pina and Ado lost a real opportunity when they saved Vice from choking.

I tuned in at 8 and didn't feel I had missed anything, plotwise, so if there was an hour before that I'm not feeling especially bereft. Tonight's looks more interesting.

On the other post Melinama did yesterday about the two-hour episodes, someone named JPcruzer volunteered and asked for contact info... between JP and CherylNewNex we may actually be getting a full slate of recappers! Wheeee!!

As of last night TVguide.com was saying we'll be back to one hour again starting Monday the 16th at 8, but it also said CME would be on at 7, so maybe that's not good information.
 

Ez it was just one hour, I was sitting next to you. You were so tired it FELT like two hours. Vince was an absolute riot. I wonder why Pina owns everything? Gee, you left out all the teary Chela scenes, I wonder why?
 

LOL! Love the title Ezra. Such an accurate description of Vince's state last night. Sendel was fun to watch as he fell apart in front of everyone's eyes.

I am baffled as to why Candy, who has an inflated sense of her desirability (well, maybe she's right), has such low self esteem that she would allow herself to be a man's mistress, with no promises of a legit commitment.

I wanted to slap Ana. Ya, basta! Pancho has explained that he has NO romantic feelings for Chela over and over again, and Ana is old enough to understand. Rebe, as stiff as she is, has done NOTHING to Ana or her family. She has no reason to see her as a potentially evil stepmother.
 

I absolutely love this show, I could not stop laughing last night at Vince, with Vince. Absolutely hilarous. Who would have thunk it!!!

I must be with Ezra because I dont remember Chela's crying, I guess I had my own tears from laughing at Vince. Or have I become immune to Chela?

And thank you, I could not understand the conversation between Pina and her guest, again I will say it's because I was still laughing.
 

Gracias Ezra,

Sergio is hysterical.

Maybe Chela has FINALLY resigned herself that Pancho loves Rebeca. However, I do believe he will fall for Chela in the end, I guess that's about 100 episodes from now.
 

Love the title....What Chela and other women often don't realize until it's too late is, if a married man don't leave home within 6 months after saying they will......never do. Chela will be Vins fantasy, but not his wife

Two hours is a long time to watch a TV show....but I spent 4 hours watching my home state Va Tech Hokies lose the Sugar Bowl last night....

I guess we will watch what's worth watching....
 

Thanks, Ezra. I didn't catch that Pina owns the house. I thought that it was on Vince's aunt Fernanda's property, but Pina actually owns it...wonder why.

That breakfast was so funny. I think I was making the same face as Pina.

Other than that I found this episode kinda boring. Chela is annoying, I don't care about Candy's love problems, and I find Pancho's and Rebeca's romance very dull.

Plus, I just don't like Pancho very much. Something about his hair situation plus the way he licks his lips and scrunches his nose looks skeezy to me.

Well, now I'm being too negative. Something positive: I really liked the fabric of Arnoldo's jacket.
 

Either I was too tired last night to pick up much (after a truly exhilirating episode of Cuando Me Enamoro) or everyone just said the same old, same old, but I didn't get much new vocab last night. Aside from Vins, who was babbling nonsense which cannot be looked up.

cacarear - to crow, to brag

jamelgo - nag, hack (of the horsy kind)

atorarse - to get stuck, to choke

alhajas - jewels

a hurtadillas - sneakily



p.s. my WV is "introode"...what everyone in telenovelas does constantly
 

I got the names mixed up....I said Chela, but I meant Candy....
Blame it on my lack of name recognition, not my eyes..lol
 

Thanks Ezra. This episode was a blast and Vince was a fool. I think I've only seen Sendel as a villain so its fun to see him in this.
 

Did anyone understand what was going on in that Pina Opina interview? She was nagging the guy about black or white hens and making him choose, and he was annoyed, and some diet thing...what in heck was she on about?
 

Ezra, thanks for the recap. If Pina owns the house and everything, I wonder why oh why she's put up with Vince all these years.
 

Julia, I gathered that Pina's guest Rene Franco is a famous host/interviewer who recently lost weight. Pina was hounding him about his method of weight loss. He kept saying it was through meditation and good diet. She kept asking him was it liposuction, tummy staples, etc. She finally asked him if he went to the brujos at Catemaco for "Cleansing by Chicken" and asked him if it was a black chicken or a white chicken. The significance of this choice eludes me but I guess the important thing is that he admitted to the cleansing.

Brujos of Catemaco

Limpia Con Gallinas
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder