Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #94 Tue 1/24/12 Alexandra Guzman makes herself at home at la casita de los Lopez

I take over recapping just as Pancho's friend in his undershirt pulls out the defibrillators he probably bought at Harbor Freight and almost gives Mystery Mascara Mama a big shock - but decides she hasn't had a heart attack. The Mystery Mama turns out to be the famous singer Alejandra Guzman who flaps her wings so annoyingly at the start of every episode.
  • Ana asks Freddy if he wants the same from her that he wanted from Elena - and if not, what? He claims he doesn't want to go to bed with her. "Why? Because I'm not attractive, not at your level? ..." "What do you want me to say?" "Why do you want to be my boyfriend?" He compliments her and there's more kissing.
  • Chela, still livid that Enzzo dares to twirl the dog around her (or something like that - actually he offered chocolate), yells when she picks up the phone, but it's Pancho - he has a big problem!

    Chela meets him at the undershirt doctor's place. The undershirt doctor thinks Guzman just hyperventilated and needs to breathe into a paper bag (my mom had panic attacks and that's what she did).

    Chela and Pancho decide to take care of her at home until she's better. Suddenly the crazed singer wakes up yelling at the universe, why can't she have what she wants - which is to be a famous singer but also have a normal life. She is quite angry and nutty. Luckily she faints again.

    Pancho slept on the couch. Sometime in the night all the mascara got sucked off Guzman's face. She wakes up confused...

    ... The breakfasting Lopez family is surprised to hear someone yelling about kidnapping. Guzman threatens Pancho with a drinking glass and says she's a warrior. And doesn't want breakfast. Chela sweetly talks to her like she's a scared baby. Guzman remembers being terrified by the press after her concert and running...
  • Moni says she saw her mother, for sure! They looked in each others' eyes. Pepe can't believe the mom would then simply disappear.

    Moni is surprised that Freddy apologized. Pepe figures he did it so he could keep being the Avon driver.

    Then Pepe asks Moni if she'd like to live with him. She likes the idea, but where? How about a little apartment? She loves the idea. She's worried about her dad killing her when she tells him.
  • The two guys in berets are wearing striped pajamas so you know they're in jail. They call Vince and sigh about how great it was to meet Candy. He says they owe him his money back.
  • Guzman's keepers are despairing, they too think she's been kidnapped. She doesn't want Chela and Pancho to tell anybody where she is. Pancho calls Rebe: he doesn't go to work, but there is a meeting he has to go to. Why doesn't he tell her what's going on?
  • Back to the Lopez household, where everyone wonders who's hidden in the back room. Guzman whines about her life, she never sees her family, she wants to disappear, she's missed all the birthdays and homework and graduations, she's tired of hotels.

    Chela tries to cheer her up. Pancho says he'll call her mother Sylvia, but she doesn't want her mom to see her this way. She decides she wants to stay with them a while.
  • Why did Abejita's white puppies turn brown? Melita tells Temo she wants to be like golfer Lorena Ochoa, who's coming to Avon for the important meeting. Temo talks soccer.
  • Enzzo tells Arnoldo he likes a woman! But he can't tell Vince because he's made so much fun of him about Candy. "She's very attractive, but of 'another level.' "
  • Chela and Pancho chat with Guzman about family. She was alone a lot when she was little because her mother was famous too, I guess. She whines more about what she never got. She wants to use "tu" with them, and to hide for a few days and live normally, she'll pretend to be her own sister (except for the tattoos).

    Pancho says he doesn't want to lie to his kids, but it's too late anyway, they were all eavesdropping. He tells them to tell nobody they're harboring a superstar. They give her one of their famous bear hugs.

    Chela gossips with Guzman, who upon figuring out that Chela's in love with her brother-in-law who's in love with somebody else, wisely suggests: "Why not find some other guy? They're makin' them thangs every day." [Quote from the Sweet Potato Queens.]
  • Big meeting. Vince is furious to see Sandrucha there; she tells him she has a new position courtesy of the Pres. Temo shows up to get an autograph from the golfer. The golfer's manager happens to have one and gives it to Temo, whom he finds cuter than I do.

    Vince is indignante, even more so when he realizes Temo wants the photo for Meli! A big fight almost breaks out in front of the perplexed golfer-manager, who then invites Temo to the dinner (and Temo invites Meli).
  • Ana and Lupe, in a gratuitous plunging-bathing-suit scene, see on TV that there is a big fuss being made about Guzman's supposed kidnapping. Guzman rolls her eyes when they tell her.

Tomorrow: a lot of policemen with guns come to rescue Guzman from Pancho.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you so much for this funny recap CHF. I am kind of liking the Alejandra Guzman subplot. I love how this family treats her, like one of their own, the way they all do with anyone in trouble.

Wow, Enzzo has fallen for Chela hard. He has been in such a funk lately, I thought he would never find anyone. Chela needs to take Alejandra's advice. It's funny that Chela kept Enzzo's flowers. I thought she would have pitched them in the trash, but she enjoys talking to them lol. I love how they moon about each other. Chela ought to give him a chance.

I wonder too what Ana sees in Frauddie. At least he apologized to Pepe. And Pepe moving in with Moni? There will be fireworks.
 

Gracias!

Chela needs to open her eyes. Enzo is a hell of a catch.. at least from the packaging standpoint.

Pancho has a lot more patience with kids than I ever would have; most parents would be furious if their child interrupted a business meeting. But Temo will certainly be a perfect boyfriend when he grows up.
 

This recap was so funny Melinama. I was totally thrown for a loop when Alejandra Guzman came busting in on the scene at the end of the first hour, bringing all kinds of crazy with her. Wow! That was totally unexpected.

By the way, her real life mom is famous actress Silvia Pinal, who many of us last saw playing the heroine's beloved aunt/mother of the villainess, Tia Isabel (aka Tizzy) in Soy Tu Duena. Made me wonder how much of this whining about her life as a superstar, and her life as the daughter of a star, was true.

Nice to see Armando Ariaza playing barrio doc "Armando" after last seeing him in Llena de Amor as a beloved "poli-naco", and before that as the villain in Mi Pecado opposite Daniela Castro. I wonder if he'll show up again?

Enzo is going to blow a gasket when Pepe and Moni tell him they intend to move in together. Very modern, no?
 

Thanks so much Melinama. Your perspective is always such a hoot. It is very funny and endearing the way Los Lopez are always willing to take care of lost souls. No doubt when Chela discovers that aspect of Enzo she will allow herself to fall for him.

Vivi, I wondered about Alejandra Guzman's alluding to her difficult childhood. When she mentioned she was going to pass herself off as her own sister I wondered if she meant Silvia Pasquel.

I hope this isn't the last we see of Doc Armando.
 

This Part 2 was incredibly boring and simplistic. And so off plot I have to wonder what the writers are being paid for.

And stalking-Chela-Monster still lusting after Pancho hearing a dropped-from-the-sky superstar suggesting she move on. As did the spirit world too, from a previous episode: tortured candles and fire. . .

Please, can we move on??
 

Melinama, thanks for the recap. Loved the Sweet Potato Queens quote!
La Paloma
 

Loved the recap. But I'm confused. Utterly confused. Way too much to try to figure out in this novella. Too many moving parts. Maybe it will settle down when it goes back to being just an hour long.
 

Thank you for a great recap.

I have loved this novela since day one, every ounce of it, I have never fastforwarded through any scenes and have sat quietly and laughingly for one hour or two hours.

For the first time yesterday, I shut it off. I could not take the Guzman subplot and I hope it's over quickly.

I am anticipating the Chela/Enzzo lovematch, it looks like it's going to be sensational, and very romantic.
 

I agree that I hope Alejandra Guzman moves on soon, but it must have been a real treat for the Mexican audience in Mexico to see her. It would have been just as random as Madonna showing up on an episode of "Friends" (perhaps she did) in the 90s, and just as exciting for an audience familiar with her.

But I want to get back to our "real" story, especially the developments between Chela and Enzo.
 

By the way, the Alejandra Guzman story may indeed get tied to our larger story as the "handler" freaking out to the police was the record producer father of Ana's bandmate/pretendiente. I am sure the band and Alejandra will get to jam with each other at some point.
 

Good recap, of part 2........I like the way you and Ezra saw the humorous side of this show. In reality this is a comedy, trying to be a drama telanovela.

Way more comedy than meaningful drama.....
From the part one recap, it seams like this telanovela is turning into a fashion show too...

I am watching tonight, don't know if there will be enough cleavage to hold me for two hours....
We will see
 

Many thanks for the Sweet Potato Queens quote. That's a keeper. As are your point by point recaps. Always witty and you never waste our time (though this telenovela often does). Thanks Melinama.
 

Temo is just so annoying. He's a brat who plays like he is so cute. Ick. Guess being the baby of the family is a factor but I could do without him.

I too noticed Guzman's mascara was gone in the morning. Quite a feat since it was all over her face when she went to bed.
 

Thanks Melinama. Boy am I glad this is our last week of doubles.

Yet another Querida Enemiga actor shows up - the golfer's manager was Zulema's disappointing husband.

Alejandra - why?? I really hate bringing real-person drama into fiction. I too was annoyed and bored. OK, so it drags Manuel's dad back into the story, but I'd rather have a good solid short story than a long one with uninteresting subplots. (Yes, I know that battle has already been lost and we still have many moons to go!)

Madelaine on Chela's flowers - "I thought she would have pitched them in the trash, but she enjoys talking to them lol." LOL indeed! Yes, it does seem as though she's grateful for their company.

Speaking of Chela, just imagine how she will react when she finds out about Enzo's past - that he's a former naco passing himself as a fresota; that he's lied to his child; and he's intentionally kept his child away from her mother. Those are going to be three GIGANTIC things to piss her off all at the same time. He may not survive!!

Julie
 

Julie, I agree. I remember years ago Angelica Maria played both her character and herself in a novela (the "herself" was for about a week) and I found it monumentally annoying. There was no good reason for it and no memorable plot point.
 

Thanks for the excellent recap! I loved the Sweet Potato Queens line, too.

What a nutty episode. I smell producer/network strong-arming; I can't believe the writers would have thought to put in such a jarringly out-of-place storyline on their own, and I hate that AG is playing herself. Get me back to fantasyland.

DELIGHTED to see Dr. Armando, though, odd as that clinic situation was. In fact, *cough*cough*, I think I might be coming down with something. I need a checkup. Paging Dr. Armando!

He can stay, his patient needs to drift back on out of the show.

Am I imagining it, or is Fraidy keeping his tongue in his mouth more since he started falling for Ana and decided to apologize to Pepe? He's still a total dweeb, though. I love how Meli always outsmarts him. I also love how Pepe is never fooled by him..."oh, he only apologized so he can still be the race driver. Whatever." Yet Fraidy persists in believing he's on top of the world.

What the heck, Arnoldo? ANA? Can't he fall in love with the sweet receptionist or something, or maybe Ado?

Enzo is so much better now that he's worrying about his own love life instead of Moni's. I still wish he'd shave that silly mustache. Of course, then he'd really look as young as the actor is.
 

Los Vocabs:

armar una cámara húngara - to brawl (especially on the fútbol field)

emperifollar - to gussy up, tart up

salir el peine - to come to light, be revealed

chuletas - pork chops

chupón - baby pacifier

facilota - woman of easy virtue

patatús - fainting spell
 

Heads up. PBS News Hour (6 PM in most places) is doing a segment tonight, "Why watching a telenovela can be good for your health."
 

Thanks CHF, Great recap and as I said on Ezra's part I, I love all the goofiness of this TN, I don't really care who or what silly plot line they throw in at this point. I totally enjoy the actors who seem to be truly enjoying themselves. The jokes and sight gags are all fun. I like Alejandra Guzman even better with no makeup. She is actually quite pretty which you would not guess just seeing her as bat lady in the opening roll.
 

Did anyone else tear their eyes away from Enzo's great abs or silly mustache to get a good look at his dreamy midnight blue eyes? Hmmmmm, I'm just saying, a simple brain transplant might make this guy a real keeper.
 

Melinama, thanks for a fun recap. Loved the snark.

Enzzo, what do you mean Chela is of a different level? Don't forget you started from that level yourself.
 

Enzo has eyes??

Julie
 

Enzo definitely has keeper potential. The characters are more interesting when we have more backstory and greyness of good/bad.

The bandits in their striped jammies in jail were too funny. How have those idiots survived so long, and how did Vince find them? Why didn't our other strapping men get striped jammies when they had to stay in jail?
 

Looks like most of the cast of Familia was on El Gordo Y La Flaca today. I missed most of, just catching the last ten minutes. They seem like a really fun group and clearly like each other. Enzo is moustacheless and...wow! He demonstrated some martial arts moves and some impressive hip-rotating dance moves. Oh my.

Lupita is incredibly poised. I think she said this is her first telenovela.
 

Que the hell is going on with the schedule tonight??

The episode started early (I don't know how early) and was already in full swing by 7 when my recording started. It also ended a few minutes before 8 and now LQNPA is on.

?? Argh.
 

Oh - futbol after LQNPA at 9ET. All righty then; carry on.
 

Crap; that means the telenovelas will be on LATE here. So was there one hour of UFCS or two?

I guess I may as well go get some errands done after work. Sigh. I'm too tired to do stuff; I just want to collapse in front of the televisor.
 

Apparently it was the full two hours and they started an hour early, dangit. Well, at least the west coasters are forewarned!
 

There were 2 hours of Familia tonight and 1 hour of LQNPA. Here in the East, Familia was on 6-8, and LQNPA is on 8-9 right now. Luckily, my dvr caught the time change and so I just watched my Familia recodring. I still think there were a few minutes missing (like it started at 5:55 or something), but I don't think I missed much important for those few minutes. Since the game starts at 9pm EST (6pm Pacific), I'm not sure what the schedule is going to look like in other regions.
 

jeez. well, Jim our new recapper was going to do the 7 pm hour tonight, but we didn't know it started at 6, so nobody did that hour.
 

Melinama- Do you want me to do a quickie recap of the 1st hour?
 

OK. The first hour is up.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder