Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #103-104 Tue 1/31/12 apocalyptic events including pregnancy and illiquidity

  • I was happy to re-watch Monica pointing out to her dad: "What do you know, the boy you so detested is the very person who is now defending you and who has convinced me to forgive you." She thanks her dad for her life. Beautiful.
  • On the other hand, it was painful to watch Pina laying into Candy in the backyard; her misery and fury extinguish the narcissistic delight Candy has been wallowing in following the previous night's Vince-snogging.

    Pina spits out the news: she's pregnant. Candy narcissistically exclaims: "No, oh no, it can't be! Why, just last night..."

    "You're just one more in a 20 year parade of Vicente's lovers. A vulgar, filthy hussy just like Sandra and all the others. My husband's whore. Or do you prefer bed-friend? Or concubine? Mugrosa!

    "I'm going to bear his child, and the child will need a father. I demand you bring this to an end if you have any of the dignity or integrity your brother has!" !!??

    Candy whines, "Vince loves me!" "A woman as common as you? You've just fallen into his trap, all married men say 'my wife doesn't understand me, I love you.' It's just to get you into bed. Vince loves me and we have never stopped having relations, how do you think I got pregnant?"

    I'm afraid Pina will blow up or have a fury miscarriage. Candy runs away.
  • Blissfully ignorant of the homefront massacre, at Avon Vince boasts and pirouettes on his tippy toes, yelling to his buddies about getting his ashes so roundly hauled by Miau girl! He says he'll divorce Pina.

    Enzzo tells them how extraordinary Chela is and that she gave him wonderful advice.

    Arnoldo says he's disgusted by the cursi way the two of them are gushing. They say he, Arnoldo, must never have been in love.

    The Pesketeers gossip on and on. Do they ever work? Do men really spend hours gossiping about their crushes? Kafka and irony are invoked by Arnold, how would Enzzo and Vince like to have PANCHO as an in-law!?
  • Lupita can't get a moment's peace, everybody is blah blah blah and bear hugs. Pancho's strategy of trying to make Lupe feel better by reminding her he went through the death of a spouse too, I dunno, not so good - let's not forget he had eight sad years of celibacy in consequence. None of this is helpful.

    A sobbing Candy interrupts the scene because she runs past in her radioactively orange jumpsuit. Pancho goes after her and says "We all told you so!" Candy promises to break it off with Vince.
  • Violeta the gigantic shiny Amazon-Barbie visits her daughter Monica. Jeez, those implants are so large and hard they may split her skin.

    Monica wants to know who her biological father is. The mother does not want to tell. Sensing impending reproach, the self-exonerating brain in charge of the mouth located above those shiny knockers cranks up the exculpations: "IT'S NOT MY FAULT!"

    "Not so fast, 'Mama' - you abandoned me. You wanted to abort me. Have you forgotten, 'Mama'?"

    The mother says the guy who knocked her up (ie Monica's dad) is not important and that he disappeared when he found out she was pregnant. Moni: "Neither of my parents wanted me born. It was a car washer who wanted me."

    The mother sighs and says "I should never have left him." Moni sensibly points out: "He was so in love with you, but you despised him for being a car-washer." "But now after all my years of talking about myself with shrinks I know he's the love of my life." "I think he's in love with another woman."
  • Ana and Temo are both polite and even kindly towards Rebeca when she arrives to give Lupe more lectures about tolerating adversity and to dump inspirational books on her.

    Luckily for Lupita the lectures are truncated when Lamberto, who actually works, calls Rebe to say there's suddenly an apocolyptic liquidity problem at Avon. Rebe and Pancho go off to Avon together.
  • Candy sobs on her bed like a teenager. When Vince calls she throws his phone across the room causing him (still gossiping and boasting in his all-male kaffee klatch) incredulous dismay. He can't believe she won't answer, he's even a little suspicious!

    Sobbing, she tells Chela she had sex with Vince because he said he'd divorce Vince. "I want to be married, I want to be his wife, is that a sin?" "No, the sin is to destroy a home." "Well as it happens, I won't be destroying anything - Pina is pregnant. She told me I should make him hate me."
  • Meanwhile, across the greensward Pina sends Adoracion to the market for (a) huge bunches of flowers and (b) Vince's favorite cake. The maid protests: "He doesn't deserve it." Pina whispers: she'll struggle for Vince's love with the powerful weapon of pregnancy.
  • Freddy leaves flowers on Alex's grave, crying and saying: "I am an imbecile and an idiot, I wish you were here to scold me as you always did."

    Karin arrives with flowers and sweetly consoles him; they leave together. Watch out, Ana!

    Karin tells Freddy he's odious and reminds him how badly he behaved. He's embarrassed. "That Freddy you were could never love anyone." He sheepishly agrees but says it's different now. Karin says she's the world's best Cupid and will help him with Ana.
  • At the market, Chato the Narizón (we might say schnozzola) tells Chacho, "women are an enigma." Adoracion arrives and the Schnozz reassumes his reproachful amnesia: "Who is that? I know a Goya, a Chucha, but I don't know this person. Neither of them would have dropped a flowerpot on my head."

    He doesn't believe it wasn't her and bewails his lost neurons. Clearly he has none too many to spare.
  • I can't bear to tell you about the cursi scene between the awful Temo and Meli.
  • At Avon Berto sobs: the business has done badly with its investments and there isn't money for Pancho's project, whatever it is. Pancho cares, but Vince doesn't - in fact, Vince is glad the business is failing because it means Pancho's rising star is now falling.

    The lights go out in the conference room. Chicken Little, I mean Berto, thinks it's the end of the world. The telephones are out too and so, we soon see, is the elevator: it stops and Pancho and Vince are trapped together.

    As always, enjoyable insults fly. "You are vulgar, ordinary and incompetent." "Well you're a vain, overweening adulterer." They take off their coats and commence punching. Blood! Curtain falls.

Labels:


Comments:
Fabulous! I loved:
*radioactively orange jumpsuit (indeed it was.)
*gigantic Amazon Barbie
*Lamberto, who actually works!!

I never thought I would enjoy one of the "comedies", but I'm really liking UFCS.

Now off to do my recapping stint!
 

Wow! You got this up fast Melinama, and it was so funny.

Pina really ripped Candy a new one, didn't she? That was brutal.

Lupita looked relieved to finally get all those intruders out of her room. Hopefully, they will give her a few hours peace.

I really like Karina. I hope there is a galan for her soon. She's always helping everyone else with their issues.

Loved gigantic Amazon Barbie. Poor Violeta. How many more nicknames will we come with for her? :) She did NOT like hearing that Enzo might be sweet on someone who is not her. I can't wait for the first stare down between her and Chela. Hope Chela wears her super high heels that day.
 

I get in an early comment......quick recap, thanks.
The one hour shows are easier to watch.

Vivi lets see how many nick names we can come up with for my NEW favorite Telanovela Actress. Violeta the Amazon Queen.

Judy B., Rebe is officially yesterday's news, my heart belongs to the Big V. and my eyes are all over her.... This Telanovela does not have many shots of the females walking away from the cameras....Someone should write the director.

Sara, the CC3 really works,10 min after the show started, she was asleep on the sofa, and I was all alone brushing up on my Spanish....giante pecho
 

Thank you Melinama for this wonderful fast recap. ITA with you about Pina. I was worried she would have a miscarriage too. I don't like what she did to Candy, but understand why she did. Why is she not ripping into Vins, thats where the blame should go to, after all Pina said that there were other lovers beside Candy over the years. I can't understand why Pina keeps wanting Vins, when she should realize by now he doesn't love her. It is just sad all the way around.

Didn't Rebe give Lupe books on how to deal with grief and death? I thought that is what Rebe told her. They should give Lupe some room to breathe and cope with her grief and then if keeps going on, maybe suggest therapy.

ITA about Karina. She is a good friend to Moni and Freddie. I am still wondering what happened to Elena?

The three Pesketeers are too funny. Now instead of plotting and planning they are talking about their love lives. lol. I thought for a minute Arnold would spill the beans about who he was in love with when Enzzo and Vins asked him. Instead Arnold said he loved them lol.

I still want to know why they call Chela senora instead of senorita? Is it cause she is older and they only address younger women as senorita? Thanks.
 

Madelaine- I do think it's an age and responsibility thing. Chela is seen as a head of a household (ama de casa), and that's a señora in people’s minds. I remember in En Nombre del Amor, the older, unmarried Tia Carloca always reminded people to call her señorita when they insisted on calling her señora. It was always shown as being ridiculous when she did it because of her age (and also I think because of her high level in the community).
 

Great recap, every word of it.

Tonight's episode with Pina's tirade makes me wonder if the Amazonian is one of Vin's conquest.

Rosemary
 

This is quite possibly the funniest line I've ever read - 'The self-exonerating brain in charge of the mouth located above those shiny knockers cranks up the exculpations: "IT'S NOT MY FAULT!" ' Oh my goodness, it is just brilliant!!

I liked this episode, maybe because there was some actual strife going on. I didn't enjoy Pina lighting into Candy like that, but I thought it felt very realistic. When someone thinks they are losing someone they love they tend to use all weapons at their disposal. Pina can not yet see that she would be better off without Vince, so she is still trying to hold onto him. I kind of got her fury.

Super recap. Thank you.
 

Thank you Vivi, I didn't know if it was an age thing, cause Chela isn't that old, but being in charge of the house makes more sense to me. So it is respect, thank you for telling me.
 

I felt really bad for Ado last night. Chato is a jerk.

Rosemary--¡Ay! Amazon Barbie with Sparkly Boobs as one of Vince's conquest! I assume that would throw all kinds of wrenches into the works.

And it wouldn't be a Sara comment without a stupid question: Do we know who Arnold is in love with?
 

Sara, Pina did say that Vin had been making sheet music elsewhere for the last 20 years. That comment is what caught my attention about the Amazonian.

Rosemary
 

Sensing impending reproach, the self-exonerating brain in charge of the mouth located above those shiny knockers cranks up the exculpations: "IT'S NOT MY FAULT!"

I know Sylvia mentioned it, but it bears repeating...that is just a gem. In fact it should go on the sidebar. Can you put yourself on the sidebar Melinama? You should.

I'm intrigued by the messages in this one. Although they've portrayed the Vince/Candy romance as endearing; there is the strong counter-message that you do not mess with married men and you do not break up a marriage. So clearly the only way to resolve this is for Pina to realize she and Vince would be better off apart.

Somehow I have trouble believing this baby is going to make it full-term. Seems like we're in the tragic middle of this supposed comedy.

@Sara...Arnoldo was in love with Rebe and told her so, confessing that his gay act was just a sham. Then after giving Ana kissing lessons, he thought he was in love with Ana. Double yuck. So honestly, don't know who he was talking about. But it wasn't a guy.
 

Muchas gracias por el recap.

Poor Lupita. When the whole family was crowded around saying, "we will never leave you alone!" she looked like she was thinking "PLEASE leave me alone!" She might have to start pretending she's totally over it and happy just so they'll leave her alone and she can cry in peace.

Karina is awesome. She's a very good friend. I'd like to see her more involved in the story.

Pancho and Vins fighting is getting very tiresome. Why couldn't it have been Chela and Enzo stuck in the elevator together?
 

Great recap.

First, yes men do spend time like that talking about women and their personal issues, ask my boss, especially when he sees a young skinny woman.

Second, gigantic Amazon Barbie, excellent. I'm sure she will become one of Vince's conquest promptly, and this will bring her crazy on, like in Triunfo.

Third, I absolutely loved Pina's scenes with Candy. Way to go Pina, hey if Candy can't take it, then she shouldn't play. Pina can do better, and Candy should watch out what goes around comes around.

I crack up how everyone skips through Temo's scenes, while I do not skip, I do read my emails while he's on.

I love how they are taking this from a straight comedy to a potential "darkside". I simply love this TN and I hope they don't mess it up too badly.
 

Thank you Judy B!

I thought Mel and Temo were cute too. But then ... I haven't been watching since October.
 

I think Meli and Ramona are cute, but Temo grates on my nerves. I think HE (or the director) thinks he's super cute, but ugh. He is the worst. At least Pancho's lecture seemed to take effect and he's more polite to Rebe now. I did think Temo formally bowing to her was kind of funny. I just really don't need to see "romance" scenes between 8-year-olds.
 

Kind of off topic, but Temo and Meli have reminded me that I have some friends who met in 3rd grade and became "sweethearts" (as much as little kids can be I guess) and even had a pretend wedding. They stayed together through adolescence and even joined the Israeli Army together so they could serve at the same time. After getting out of the army they got married and had their first child. They moved to the U.S. and had two more kids. Their three sons are now grown up, my friends are grandparents and are still together all these years. I've known them over 20 years now. I guess what I'm saying is, sure it's a stretch for little kids to "fall in love", but I guess it can happen.
 

Aw Sylvia, that's a lovely story of life long love. Even going to war together! May Temo and Meli have many happy years together.

I hope we have some more of our lighter storylines tonight. Between the three Uni shows last night, I was feeling a bit like Lupe by the end. I need either some real romance (I'm not talking about Rogelio giving puppy dog eyes between cracking his whip on LQNPA), or some laughs. None of the tns are providing enough of that right now.

But I agree that, although Pina's rage should have been directed at Vince, Candy deserved it. ITA that if she can't take the heat, she should have never gotten wedged against the stove in the kitchen with Vince.
 

Hear hear! for puppy love. If I had my druthers, I'd still be with my "fiancé" from first grade. Your story totally makes sense to me, Sylvia. Alas, my dad was a civil engineer for Dupont and we moved every year during the time the company was expanding. No long-term romances or friendships lasted.
 

Melinama, thanks for a blow-by-blow recap. I missed last night's episode. I loved your "brain and shiny knockers" crack too.

Enjoyed all the comments. I wonder if Vince for once will do the right thing and tell Pina he'll be a father to the baby but there's no chance for them.

I want my comedy back.
 

Sylvia, What a sweet story. Thank you for sharing.
 

Go Pina. And go away Candy with your T & A.

Pina laying into Candy was nothing compared to what could have happened: acid in the face, knife wounds,
scalping, scarring.

I also am tired of the men fighting. Boring!! Guess the writers have run out of words.

I agree with whoever said it would have been much more interesting to have Chela & potential new beau stuck in the elevator.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder