Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #115-116 Wed 2/8/12

I heartily enjoy the recap... Pina catches Vins and Candi making out and gets it recorded... Beto jumps out of his pants singing and dancing for joy, because the great inaki gasco wants to invest, which could pull them out of debt... Chela meets Enzo in the gym, but is disappointed to find him in his business suit (he's got to meet with the great Inaki)

Why the hell did Pina give Arnoldo the phone? Dollars to donuts she hasn't made any copies of this legally crucial file. Oh. She doesn't know how, and she needs his help. Aren't there some eggheads (or at least, people capable of using a phone) who could help her who *aren't* friends of Vins? She could take it to a cell-phone shop or something to get their help. In Mexico you can hardly walk a block on the street or 200 feet inside a mall without running into a cell store or kiosk. Nonetheless, it's downloading, and I'm reminded of that stupid ad on Univision where a woman can't come to lunch with her friend because she's waiting for videos to download (what, were cute cat videos more important than your friend?)

Pancho is nice to Enzo now that the man (regrettably for us) saved Temo. Awkward phrasing from this conversation: "I take off my hat to you with all my heart." They hug, yay! Rebe and Beto are happy to see this.

Rocky was busy so he let Chela teach Zumba. But she dreams about Enzo. Weirdly, her romantic flashback has this random side-shot of Pancho. Clearly symbolic. Glad that triangle's opened up. I love how quickly stuff gets resolved in this show.

At the meeting: Enzo walks in and demands Pina's phone. She hands it to him. I hope it actually downloaded. NO WAY! Have we just met Pina's future love interest? Inaki walks in and kisses her hand as Vins grumpily looks on.

Pepe and Moni are shopping for their new pad. Pepe: what are you going to cook for me? My aunt has some tips.

Inaki flirts with Pina, and Avon flirts with Inaki. They boast of their plans for greater production... what a turn-on. Vins feels left out (I think), and in the end won't even shake the man's hand goodbye. Beto proclaims the meeting a huge success (He likes Pina/Pancho as a team), but Vins yells "nononono, lambiscon!" He thinks that it only went through because Pina was flirting with the man. Fortunately, he gets shot down by everyone in the room (including Enzo), much like a hang-glider hitting flak. Vins flips and says that Pina's just a dilettante who knows nothing about business (just like Pancho). He threatens to kill her, and then, once he's left in the empty meeting room, he angrily eats all the snacks from the meeting.


Ana gets a call from her producer, which saves us having to watch Candi moan about the video. Oh wait, she gets a quiet solo mournful flashback after Ana leaves. Oh well.

Mamazon is off to San Diego. Moni is sad about her weird and depressed mom, but happy that she and Pepe now have kitchen appliances and other household consumer goods to share together.

Vins and Arnold have a cute scene. Arnold gives him whiskey, which calms him down a bit. Vins whines that he's going to lose everything. Arnold cleverly reminds him that he once said he'd give up everything for "Miau." BUSTED! In reply, Vins utters a few words that will clearly bite him in the ass: Pina will never, never, never defeat me!

The Cha-Cha cronies (chacho and chato, or is it the other way around?) are chatting with Pancho about Chela and Rebe when Pina walks in and chases them away. She wants to talk about Freddy and Ana... She doesn't like their relationship, and she knows that Pancho feels the same way. She proposes an alliance to nip it off in the bud. He's still mad about the car incident and won't have anyone so much as implying that his daughter isn't an awesome chick.

Enzo is making out with Chela when (didn't this already happen once) Temo wanders by, sees them, and starts screaming. Hate that kid. We are "treated" to a scene wherein he sobs in bed and Chela tries to convince him Enzo has changed. "don't you think your aunt deserves to be happy?" ... "but what about me? me?" I hit fast forward.
Oh, btw, Manuel's dad changed his mind and now he will give them an album, but they have to change their image, starting with Ana. He wants her to become "sexy." The words "I want to see you sensual, attractive" seem a little insulting to me, but w/e, Ana's pretty happy with it.

Pina takes her son out to a nice restaurant to chew him out over his "betrayal," dating Ana. Then she lightens up a bit, and admits that she just puts up a hard front for Vins. She's actually very sad about the loss of those 20 years spinning by Vins' side. Side note: I actually like this outfit.
Arnold comes to Pancho and Rebe looking for help. "It's Vins. I've already administered many doses of whiskey, but he's not getting better." Vins is making him choose sides, but he supports Pina unconditionally. He doesn't want to get killed or fired, so he's come for help. Also, he admits up-front that he threw some dogs at Rebe and promises that that's over with. Pancho, too, is rather up-front and asks what was with the whole fake-gay thing. I don't totally understand his answer, but I think he's saying that his old boss really had the hots for him and gave him a choice: your body or your job. He said no, so she fired him and told all the other beauty businesses that he was guilty of sexual harassment. And that (I don't really understand why), he says, is the reason why I fell in with those buzzards who tried to take you down, and I'm so sorry (he didn't want to lose his job again). But why did you put on the gay act? I got it from a Mauricio Garces movie, modisto de senoritas, with Irma Lozano. Some help here? Anyway, Pancho brightens up like the sunshine at the mention of a movie he loved, and Rebe looks similarly touched. Then he gets a call (it's Ana, calling from the studio) and acts ULTRA-GAY! He hangs up and goes back to speaking normally. It's clear that positively no one (except maybe Ana... ew) respects him, not even the receptionist.

Ado wants Chato to meet her mom and make the relationship real, and he *freaks out*. He literally has a cow (and judging by the expression in the picture I saved, it comes out sideways)... Either he has serious concerns about the future of their relationship or he's holding in a mega fart. I don't know if I'm giddy from staying up so late, but that thought really cracked me up. I laughed out loud.
Uh-oh, Ana wants Arnold to make her sexy. Avast, mateys, there be awkward moments on the horizon. He thinks she should be like Blondie. I snicker.

Enzo admits to Chela that he was a car-washer. He fell in love with Mamazon and loved her like crazy, but she turned out to be unstable. She got pregnant by some other rich kid, and wanted to get an abortion, but Enzo said no and that's why there's a Monica. Also, he drops the L-bomb on Chela and she looks a bit uncomfortable, but pleased.

------at this point something weird happened to the recording. next thing, Panch and Rebe are in a bubble-bath-----

Also at this point I just got too tired to go on. I'll finish up in the morning! Sorry, guys...

Second part opens with a fun little party at Pepe/Moni's place when everyone brings them household goods. Enzo again demonstrates that he is reformed, by bringing a colossal microwave. Once everyone has arrived, Ana has an announcement: she's going to marry Freddy. Also, she's pregnant! ----------------------------------------------- *NOT*, which doesn't seem like a very appropriate joke to make in front of your dad. My mom says it's like telling a bomb joke to a TSA official.

Elena shows up like the half-wit low-rent villainess she tries to be, and makes a fruitless attempt at raining on the parade.

Arnold consoles Pina, and in the process is visited by a goofy voice in his head informing him that these new feelings of desire for Pina are totally wrong. This is probably a healthy thing... the goofy voice in my head seldom has any good advice.

Vins shows up at his house in time for a brief confrontation. He grabs the pooch, praising her for being "the only creature in this house incapable of betraying me..." Pina, who has just been making plans to install something in the house (new locks?) lays into him and tells him that she'll get custody of the dog, too. Freddy takes the dog and tries to cover her ears to prevent her from hearing the ugliness.

Arnold is worried about what would happen if Vins knew about his feelings for Pina, and has a black-and-white vision of Vins shooting him.

Pancho admits to Chela that he got jealous when he saw her with Rinaldi.

Pina is on the phone with the men who are going to install some "very sophisticated equipment," when Ado shows up behind her. She shrieks "asustacion" (I love these names) but proceeds to console her over Chato, who apparently doesn't like her anymore.

Next we see Chato's side. He's moping over what happened, and explains to Chacho something that he says very quickly and very slurred, without subtitles. I didn't catch it.

After swearing her into secrecy, Arnold admits to Rebe that he's in love with Pina.

The show goes out on that... I can't wait to see the sophisticated equipment.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you Ezra for the snarky first recap I was lol. Pina did give the phone to Arnold, who plugged it into his computer and made a copy of the photo files. I don't know if they downloaded it to a external drive.

Temo needs to just shut up already. I am glad he is alive, but please your Aunt and Daddy are not in love, they love you, and they want you to understand they have their own lives. Have you got that little one, now be a good boy and I'll make you some hot chocolate. lol.

Loved how Arnold had that nice talk with Rebe and Pancho. No more Three Pesketeers. Enzzo is not part of that anymore. Now at least we have some back story on Arnold. Love how he sticks up for Pina.

I laughed out loud at the meeting with Inaki. Vins and his signs,they were too funny. I love how Pina and Pancho ran that meeting and Rebe and Enzzo with their input.

I lol everytime Vins drinks "mi whiskey" he makes this ha ha sound it is too funny. OT I notice when Sergio Sendel does a part, he seems to be drinking whiskey. Even in DA I can't remember him drinking tequila it always looked like whiskey, same thing in MEPS. It is always whiskey.
 

Temo showed his a$$ last night. What a little pain in the tuchus/thuchis.
 

I'll read later, just wanted to post these ratings from Mex. Looks like Familia is popular there.

Ratings Mexico: Lunes 30 de enero, 2011

Esperanza Del CorazonA pesar de ser la ULTIMA SEMANA de Esperanza Del Corazon, el publico simplemente no muestra interes por saber como terminaran sus personajes.

Vemos que Abismo de Pasion se recupero un poco y Una Familia Con Suerte se sigue imponiendo como la telenovela mas vista de Mexico, mientras La Que No Podia Amar siga dando su luchita.

En Azteca, las cosas estan feas para La Mujer de Judas que no lograr cautivar a la audiencia de su antecesora y las Huerfanas siguen dando honor al titulo de la novela.

Vean los ratings completos a continuacion…

Una Familia Con Suerte 25.8
Abismo de Pasion 23.4
La Que No Podia Amar 22.9
Amorcito Corazon 15.6
Esperanza Del Corazon (SEMANA FINAL) 12.7
A Corazon Abierto 11.6
La Mujer De Judas 10.3
Huerfanas 7.1

Ratings proporcionados por Lupita Martinez en el programa radial “Formula Espectacular.”
Opina
 

Gracias Vario! I am always interested in ratings info! I'm glad UFCS is doing well.
 

Fun recap Ezra - loved the mega fart comment. Quite fitting.

And thanks Varipinta for the rating info. I was looking on the internet the other day for local ratings for Family and couldn't find anything.

As for that Temo - its all can do to keep from jumping up and smacking him - if only I could.
 

Thank you for the rest of your marvelous recap Ezra. Loved when Arnold had a "reaction" to hugging Pina lol. He seems to fall in love with any woman near him. But Pina is more his age. But if he told Rebe that he is in love with Pina he must be.

Loved how Enzzo told Chela he loves her. She did look confused but very happy. They are being interruped now all the time like Pancho and Rebe lol.

Loved the talk Enzzo had with Pancho about Chela. Now everything is out in the open and they can finally, hopefully get along.

Loved the housewarming party with Moni and Pepe. Everyone showed up and they got really great gifts, except Elena who is a downer. Poor Lupe, I know she was thinking this should have been her party with Alex. Oh and I really liked Tomas channeling Pancho with the pillow doll lol. He does a pretty good Pancho.

Pina really needs to let Freddie live his life as far as Ana goes.

Loved Arnold taking Ana to get her "disco" attire. And to mention Blondie lol. She was never disco. Maybe Donna Summer, but not Blondie.
 

I haven't had time yet to see the show but I love the recap. It makes me anxious to see the meeting & Chela's fantasy. I like these pairings (Chela/Enzo & Pancho/Rebe) I hope that Pancho slipping into Chela's fantasy & Pancho admitting to being jealous when he sees Chela with Enzo are not little anvils waiting to fall on the heads of the lovers.

Arnold -- it's hard to follow his loyalties & his crushes. I like him & Pina together -- but that little voice has been busy -- telling him that his feelings for Ana were wrong, now telling him that his feelings for Pina are wrong -- and all this just weeks after he was head over heels for Rebe. He needs to get his hormones in hand. Maybe all that gay acting has somehow confused his impulses.

Güera
 

Ezra, thanks for the great commentary and wonderful screenshots.

"Much like a hang glider hitting flak" (great image)...and I agree that Pina was looking appropriately chic and Chanel last night. Maybe she will ditch the little girl tutu skirts now that she is ditching Vins and the hopeless dream of a good marriage with him.

Sorry to hear the "goofy voice" in your head doesn't give you good advice...I've heard that hectoring voice described as the Joan Crawford voice. Mine has more of a top sergeant feel.

Guess one reason this telenovela is so long is it will take Vins months and months of suffering to redeem himself. Fine with me.
 

Ezra, great recap. Nice photos.

My favorite scene last night was Arnold's black/white vision of dodging bullets from Vince's gun. I can't take Arnold's crush on Pina seriously. Rebe, Ana, and now Pina? Nope, not buying it.
 

Damn, I missed the Great Amazon Queen again....I am going to Best Buy, this weekend, got to get a Tivo.

P.S. C'mon Y'all, stop the child bashing, If we still had the old fashion corporal punishment, Temo would be an angel, or a devil with a sore butt.
 

Thanks so much Ezra. I like Pina's new biz attire too-- the pants and the loose tie. It's totally Pina, but it works.

I'm glad that Enzo had that honest conversation with Pancho. He said just what I did yesterday-- that in essence Chela is Pancho's wife. But he went deeper and pointed out how Pancho wants it all-- his lover/g-friend Rebe, and his housewife Chela and he's jealous of Enzo for taking Chela away from being devoted to his every need. Much like Temo.

I felt sad for Lupe, but I appreciate the realistic way the writers are portraying her grief.

Pancho mimicking Arnold’s deep “heterosexual” voice was hilarious!
 

GAH! The shot of Temo scared the hell outta me! Great recap Ezra, truly funny stuff.

I thought Rebe looked terrific in the white dress she wore to the party. Like Vivi, I enjoyed the party and also thought felt sympathetic to Lupita, her tearing up from missing Alex seemed very realistic and heartbreaking. Too bad nobody thought to ask her to dance.

I wish Elena would go away and take Temo with her.
 

OMG, that picture of Temo! LOL! Excellent skills Ezra!

Jarocha
 

Variopinta: UFCS will be over next week in Mexico, that's why they are having pretty good ratings right now. The last episodes usually bring alot of viewers.

Those ratings were for last week, this week they have had even better numbers:

Abismo de pasión:27.0
Una familia con suerte:26.5
La que no podía amar:22.5
Amorcito corazón:17.2
Un refugio para el amor:15.0
A corazon abierto:11.0
La mujer de Judas:9.1
Huérfanas:8.1

TVyNovelas is pretty bias towards Televisa (logical, since they belong to Televisa), it's not fair to judge Azteca novelas in the same light because they don't have the same reach in the country. They would never be able to pull off the same numbers even if every tv with an Azteca signal had their novelas on all the time.

Jarocha
 

Ezra, you made me laugh out loud, too. Good thing I thought to read this at home before I came to work.

Temo is completely insufferable and I wish he would vanish, but it totally serves Chela right that the behavior she taught him is coming back to bite her. I don't think she's helping things by rushing to fuss over him when he throws these tantrums, either. She interrupted her date with Enzo and rewarded Temo with lots of attention. Just what he wanted. She should have rolled her eyes at him and gone off with Enzo.

I loved the housewarming party. Poor Lupita, but at least she's mature enough to just cry quietly and not ruin everyone else's good time.

That "sexy" bath scene is just begging to be on The Soup.
 

Does anyone know what Pancho means when he says "colgando la lampara"? He's said it before and I haven't a clue.

My husband is the oldest of 8 and his last sibling - a boy - was whiny and spoiled when young, immature - no one could stand him. Fortunately he got better with age. BUT he was never as bad as that brat TEMO. His backside needs a good warming. I agree that Chela running to him and leaving Enzo plantado at the door just played into the brat's hands.
 

"Colgando de la lámpara" is on the vocab list I've been jotting down but haven't posted yet. I have a bunch of words and phrases I've taken note of but haven't looked up or figured out...these double episodes are cutting into my research time! I will get to it one of these days. Maybe even today.

The way he says it I've wondered if he means it like "hanging out to dry" or something. Or maybe he'd just like to hang people like Enzo. Anyone who's actually familiar with this phrase as an idiom, please chime in! I'd like to know, too.
 

Pancho did own up to spoiling Temo, particularly because he was just a newborn baby when Laura died. That led to more than normal coddling. Rebe suggested that they have him see a psychologist, but Pancho didn't seem overjoyed about that suggestion. Instead, he tried to reason with Temo again by giving him three options:
a)Pancho breaks up with Rebe, everything stays the same, but Pnacho will be sad.
b) Rebe moves in with all of them. (Temo gave that a BIG thumbs down.)
c) Pancho moves out to live with Rebe.

Temo said that all the options suck, but I think he really wants option a, but had enough sense to acknowledge that he wouldn't want Pancho to be sad. He's really going to flip when eventually Enzo proposes to Chela. We know it's coming eventually.
 

I'd forgotten about that, Vivi! Actually I loved Temo's suggestion D: Pancho marries Rebe, Chela marries Enzo, and they all leave Temo alone. Yes, throw him back down the well! Sell him into slavery! Maybe after a stint in a Chinese factory he'd appreciate his life a little more.
 

My favorite parts are still (at least for now) Enzo & Chela. I loved his offhand response when Chela asked him about Violetta
-- what do you want to know?
-- everything
-- Is that all?

I also loved his response when the phone call from Pancho interrupted the near kiss. It was so natural a portrayal of his frustration.

I also enjoy Arnold -- that switching voices and mannerisms from macho to gay was hilarious.

Gotta go see the second half. I'm looking forward to the housewarming party -- and to Elena's snark. I love to watch her so that I can hiss at her.

Güera
 

By the way: For the CME fans, the new Carlos Moreno production has changed its name. It is no longer Lidia de Amor. The new name is Amor Bravío.

Jarocha
 

Thanks Julia for your thoughts on "colgando de la lampara". Looking forward to your vocab list. This TN is so full of slang its hard to keep up with.
 

Thank you for the recap! I thought I was the only who hoped for a second (just a iny tsecond) that it would be Temo's last appearance on the show.

I don't know how to feel about Pina. Just when I'm starting to like her, she backslides. I was so proud of her gathering her strength and her team to fight Vicente and his cruelty...then she turns around and acts like a you-know-what to Ana for having the nerve to be dating her son. I can understand her making the whole family guilty by association, but I truly hope that she comes to realize that Candy's the only Lopez who deserves her wrath.

Speaking of Candy, have you notice that her bedroom seems more appropriate for a 15-year-old teenager than a 30-something-year-old woman. An reflection of her maturity level?

Again, great recap! I'm so happy that there's a website here for English-speakers. I don't have CC3English captions, and I don't always catch all the terms and phrases. Thank you very much.

P.S. From what my husband has told me, "colgando de la lampara," literally, "hanging up the lamp" means to "get it done already." Or, as we would say, to "just hang it up."
 

Jarocha, thanks for the update on the new telenovela. I'll be keeping my eyes open for it. I wonder if he will use some of the same writers as in CME?
 

SugarLily, welcome and thanks! Hanging up the lamp = getting it done already. I'll add it to the list.

I like that Pina is a complicated figure who makes efforts at improving her life but can't turn it all around on a dime. It's more believable. I appreciate the shades of gray, that she's appealing in many ways but also has some real flaws.

Enzo is delightfully funny. He slips in a lot of hilarious gestures and responses without necessarily drawing a lot of attention to them. It's a real contrast with Pancho, who is all BIG!LOUD!FUN!HAHAHA! most of the time. I like Enzo's style much better. Pancho irritates me almost as much as his spoiled young puppetmaster son does.
 

Ezra, you're brilliant! And for all two hours...all the recapers are heroic.

Poor poor poor, Temo! ("Temo needs to just shut up already. I am glad he is alive, but ..." This line alone kept me laughing and laughing~)

I can't recall a previous telenovela kid everyone was so sick of.

Maybe they'll write him off to boarding school soon?
 

THat's option "E"
 

The site where is got the ratings is novelalounge.com, I don't think it has anything to do with Televisa.

Lidia de amor o Amor Bravío
no importa,
it has Cristian de la Fuente!!!!! If I can't have FC, CdlF wil do just fine. Also has Silvia Navarro, I like her a lot.
 

Haha, thanks guys... that photo of Temo could be used to convince high-schoolers to use contraception, methinks.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder