Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #143-144 Wed 2/29/12 in which Berto gives advice everybody should take (breath deeply and get over yourself)

I missed the first bit of the show. By the time I got the machine working, Enzo was trying to get Vince to tell a secret. Vince sympathetically (!) notes, "you're really broken up about Chela."

Vince tells Enzo that Pancho is Fer's son. And that he falsified the DNA results. "Actually I didn't do it, I paid a tech to do it. Now you see why I need your - discretion." If Pancho is Fer's son, he will inherit her Avon holdings.

Enzo's stunned by Vince's bold skulduggery. "What if your aunt finds out?" "How can she? The tech is now living happily in Australia with koalas and kangaroos. But the worst of it is, Pancho and I are cousins!" Enzo laughs. Luckily Candy is not really Pancho's brother or Vince would be in love with his first cousin. But Ana and Freddie -- are they cousins for real?

Speaking of the King of Rome, Freddy is beaming at Ana at the Lopez dinner table. A big pink box is carried in; Ana lifts the box and there's a cake under it, and on the cake is her new cd called "Una Familia Con Suerte," with pictures of: Laura, Pancho, I dunno who, Rebe, Chela, Pepe and Moni, Sandrucha, Candy with somebody behind her I can't recognize, and Ana. I would have thought her BAND members would get on the cover not her random family members. But I don't make the news, I just report it. Freddy is proud of Ana, she is looking forward to touring and press coverage etc. Candy decides to help out and appoints herself manager and representative of Ana Lopez.

Tomas is in jail thinking his sister killed Dud. Elena has - wait for it - AMNESIA! She is calling Tomas but he can't answer - because he's in jail, duh.

Chela admits to Pancho she liked kissing him.

Fer's doctor must have proposed to her and she must not have said yes (yet). Lupe tells the doc there seems to be a cloud of love around them. "I adore Fer, I've loved her for years," he says - and for once somebody overhears something to their advantage! Fer creeps in and tells the doc she loves him too.

Rebe is not enjoying dinner with Mike and is drinking a lot of Tequila. She's pissed thinking Pancho is lovin' Chela (must have seen them kissing). Rebe drinks more tequila. "Remember our first kiss, at the beach," Mike mutters revoltingly. He makes Rebe close her eyes. "Remember the sun, the ocean, our love..."

He closes in with his pink lipstick and she doesn't pull away, but she doesn't reciprocate with enthusiasm. Yuk, he's a terrible kisser! Somebody hiding behind a handy column is taking pictures.

Finally Rebe recoils and says, "Wouldn't you have preferred kissing a corpse? With this, you've killed the memory of our first kiss. I'm angry and confused and I don't want to be here." She stalks out. Mike calls his assistant Lidia Hot Pants and she joins him at the restaurant. When he tells her he kissed Rebe, she gets mad, says she's jealous, and leaves.

Pancho is staggering around disturbed by Chela's love.

Vince asks Enzo to put the love-nest apartment in Candy's name, because she wants it that way. Enzo gives him 'egg eyes.'

Arnold can't get in touch with Pina in Brussels, he's worried about her. He notices Rebeca is in the dumps. "A few days ago I was excited about marrying Pancho, now I want to forget him."

In the meeting, Enzo tells Pancho he broke up with Chela. They're very chummy now that they got blotto together. Rebe comes in and won't look up.

Tomas is let out of his cell and taken to a guy in charge who points out Tomas was caught with a bloody towel, cleaning some murder weapon (boy, this is all new to me, I haven't watched since last Wednesday). I guess Tomas thinks his sister (an amnesiac, remember...) killed the Dud: Tomas therefore "admits" he killed the guy (to save his sister from hanging for it).

The Avon and Belle Face meeting is no laugh riot. Everybody is formal and nobody looks up. The real value of Belle Face has been established. Vince says Pina can't be at the meeting. Mike admits (I'm not sure why) that he committed fraud in the past and let Rebe take the blame; he praises her and says she is honest etc. Vince complains it isn't relevant.

Vince and Pancho shout childishly at each other in the meeting. Arnold tells everybody to breathe deeply and relax.

Elsewhere, Lupita has evil foreboding while, in prison, Tomas signs his confession and cries.

Rebe coldly informs Chela: "Now you have a clear field to get what you've always wanted." But on her way in to see Pancho, Chela runs into Enzo; he drops his papers, their hands touch, they have a long moment nose to nose. And, I am thrilled to see, the episode ends, it's just one hour tonight! Hurrah!

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks so much Melinama for the very fast recap. Elena doesn't have amnesia per se. Her and Christian (the dead guy) were drugged and when Elena woke up Christian was dead, lying in a pool of blood coming from his head, with a bloody candleholder nearby. Tomas cleaned it, but kept the towel. It is too bad the maid saw him. He is taking the blame for Elena of course, but she didn't kill him. Elena and Christian were being followed by someone. I hope they find out who really killed Christan.

I loved Dona Fer and Dr. Octavio, they are very cute together.

So now Enzzo knows what Vince has done. I am glad Enzzo knows. Maybe he will rat him out to Pancho and Dona Fer.

Loved the Chela Enzzo moment. They still look very much in love. I hope Chela wakes up and goes with Enzzo.

What is up with Pancho and that nervous tic of his shoulder and eyes? It is too funny when he does it.

I think the album cover probably is of the family because the songs are about her family. When she wrote one of the songs they performed earlier, it was about what was going on with the family.
 

Can we assume that there really was a "music from UFCS" CD and that was product placement? lol

Melinama, thanks for the recap. I have the same question are Ojos and Pollis for real cousins?! Surely not. They did sleep together, right?

I liked how you described the column as "handy". Nice of that restaurant to put it there.

According to my DVR the schedule looks the same next week, but then the DVR didn't show LQNPA following soccer until Tuesday.
 

Sara-they are cousins but second cousins. And they did sleep together.
 

Thanks, Melinama! Golly gee, you have missed a lot if you haven't watched in a week. That's a nice thing about this show...the plot moves right along!

The other members of Sin Ton Ni Son must be THRILLED with their new album. Sheesh. I know the Lopez clan is an uber special snowflake family but they aren't the ones slaving away in the studio.

Great ending with Chela and Enzo shooting sparks. I hope I don't have to recap them screwing it up. They have so much chemistry and potential, whereas Chela with Pancho has all the romance of a mutt chasing and slobbering on the mailman, hoping to finally get a pat on the head and a dog biscuit.

Once again, great police work. Aren't they going to check the security camera footage and interview the staff and maybe figure out that Tomas didn't arrive at the hotel until hours after Cris died? I hope he gets a decent lawyer.
 

Thanks Melinama. Wonderfully succinct recap yet hilarious as always.

Blech, I totally agree that Mike is a terrible kisser. He doesn't even try. He's a lazy kisser (and probably lover) and a cheat. Run Rebe, run!

Do we have two mysterious watchers? Someone was watching Christian and Elena and likely drugged them. Tonight someone was watching Mike and Rebe.

What a boring album cover.

Julie, "Chela with Pancho has all the romance of a mutt chasing and slobbering on the mailman, hoping to finally get a pat on the head and a dog biscuit." Well you certainly summed up their relationship nicely, hee!
 

Thanks Melinama. That was fast & thorough. How wonderful to have a one hour episode. i love this show but these marathons are hard.

Ana & Freddy? Second cousins is not as bad as first cousins -- but still. Someone on this site once speculated about Freddy's parentage -- but after that sweet farewell between Pina & Vince when they signed the divorce papers and they both told each other that they had chosen the right partner to produce Freddy. Well that seems clear. On the other hand what if Vince isn't who HE thinks he is?

So it looked as if the kiss with Mike settled things for Rebe. If I got it right she didn't feel anything from that kiss. Too bad Pancho & Chela aren't quite there.

Güera
 

Güera-Thanks for your insight into Vince and who he might be. I know it's second cousins but for me that still has an ick factor.
 

Cap'n Sylvia-ITA with you about the watcher. That is really weird. It seems the watcher is targeting people either close to Pancho or people from Avon.

I am with y'all about Mike and Rebe and the kiss. It was very yukky. There was no chemistry at all. There wasn't with Pancho and Chela either.

I like how Arnold told everyone to take a deep breath in and out. lol
 

Wow thanks for fast and great recap.

I do hope Enzzo turns Vince in and tells Chela the truth.

Arath always seems to do that eye rolling thing in his novelas. He did in constantly in Zacatillo when he played 2 characters.

Pepe - I am wondering did he really suffer a hand injury and they wrote that in? Usually with these type of injuries the person is cured the next day.

Even though I fastforward with Elena, I can't imagine who would want to kill Christian and how that snuck up on this TN.

Another question during the japanese scenes was that Arath's wife?
 

Japanese scenes? I missed that I guess.

It never occurred to me that all the watchers were the same. I assumed that the one who drugged Cristian & Elena was the wife or someone getting revenge for her -- or an old lover. Anyway I though that one was a love triangle thing. But..... if all the watchers are the same could it be that Napoleon guy getting back at Candy??
-- or Ines trying to destroy everyone around Fernanda? -- or Violetta just being crazy & trying to destroy Pepe? -- or all of the above?

Güera


They sure have served up a bunch of
 

Sorry no japanese scenes last night, but previously in this TN. I always wanted to ask if that was his wife and always forgot.
 

Melinama, thanks once again. I always enjoy your take on these TN.

Nellie, I think you are referring to the Japanese scenes where Pancho is learning to use chopsticks - that is Rebe dressed as a geisha, face paint and all. They were preparing for meeting with some people from Japan.

Rosemary
 

I didn't catch many new words last night.

no hay pex - no problem. "Pex" seems to mean "fart" so this is not a phrase for polite company

occiso - murder victim

Does anyone know what "dejar de seis" or "dejar de a seis" means? I heard that last night but can't find a meaning for it. It didn't seem to be meant literally.
 

Thanks Melinama. Loved the title and the clear, succint and funny recap. Gets the job done and amuses while doing it. Works for me.

Missed this and after hearing about the Mike/Rebe kiss, quite glad that I did.

Julia, your vocab question is a puzzler. Maybe our guy recapper, J.R.? who understands Mexican slang can help us.
 

Guera- I too thought it must be Napoleon. This guy must be really bad. I know Candy is terrified of him. There was a comment the other day that Candy has a radio show and was in a scandal with the Meow Parlor, but maybe Napoleon was in prison or in a forgein country and didn't keep up with Candy until now.
 

Thanks, Melinama. If you haven't watched in a week, then you missed some pretty substantial stuff, most of which has alread blown over. :-)

Guera, I don't think Vince and Pina said they chose the right person to PRODUCE Freddy. They each said they chose the right partner to be his parent. This nitpick may or may not be significant - I've wondered if he might be adopted himself.

Julia - Chela-mutt chasing Pancho-mailman - LOL! All too sadly accurate. Might there be a flip-flop on the horizon - with Pancho pining for Chela, and Chela otherwise occupied?

"dejar de seis" - maybe it's something like deep-sixing something, i.e., burying it? (I don't remember the context).
 

Thanks but there was a japanese businessman that came in, and Vince told her he was Pancho and Pancho had to play the chauffeur. I am wondering if that actress is Arath's real wife. I think they must have had a hoot filming that.
 

I think that was indeed his wife (Susy Lu) who played Midori.
 

Melinama, thanks for a fine recap. Glad you had a chance for a break from the 2-hour episodes.

I'm still ticked at the Pancho and Chela kissing, and now Rebe and Mike. Ick, enough!

I sure hope Tomas' prison scenes start getting funny. How ironic that just when he finally has his makeover, he winds up in prison duds.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder