Monday, February 13, 2012

La Que No Podía Amar #35 Lunes 2/13/12 Let All the Poisons That Lurk In the Mud Hatch Out... Pero con Calma

Refrito
We're treated to the kiss that closed the last episode.
Nuevo
Hotel: Lady Chatterley returns to the hotel and Mellors follows her to her room, finally flopping onto her bed, saying that her bed is for him alone. Seems that the stablehand doesn't know his place.
Hacienda de Fuerte, Master Bedroom: Margarito knocks on Rogelio's door and is told he can enter anytime. Ana Paula tells him that they have decided to look for his parents. He's so excited she almost can't get him to understand that it could take a while. It could take a week; it could take a year. Then he could be as happy as any other child with parents. He asks whether they aren't happy with him. Ana Paula tells him “Of course we are” and hugs him. Rogelio looks a little doubtful until he sees how happy the two of them look.
Hotel: Lady Chatterley pulls Mellors off the bed and tries to kiss him off again, only to have him start to strip off his shirt in a failed attempt to tempt her. She tells him a final No and Never. He finally decides to preserve what dignity he has and departs. She's clearly upset as she closes the door behind him.
Hacienda de Fuerte, Ana Paula's room: That night Margarito goes into Ana Paula's room crying, afraid to know why his parents abandoned him. Was it because they didn't love him? Ana Paula tries to comfort him, saying there could be many reasons for this, but that the most important thing is that he does have other people who care about him. Consuelo, Maria, Consuelo, and Rogelio. Margarito doesn't think Rogelio cares for him, but notes that things have been better lately. Ana Paula hugs the child as the half moon glows outside.
Margarito kisses her in the morning before she gets up. He bolts out the window when Rogelio knocks on the door and climbs over the balcony rail. Yikes, he's taking after the stablehand.
Ana Paula: I'm coming. In a second. (puts on a bedjacket before opening the door) Momentito. (sees that it's Rogelio, so releases the other door) Rogelio, I was still asleep; forgive me. Come in.
Rogelio (entering): Don't worry. Just came to wake you up, wish you good morning, and for kissing because I want you to know that those kisses made me the happiest man in the world. (Their love theme begins as he kisses her again. She breaks it, not quite ready)
Ana Paula: Rogelio, we're in my room. I'm still in PJ's.
Rogelio (a little confused): Yes, I know. Why are you afraid?
Ana Paula: Well, at the least because I don't know how you look at me out of my normal clothes.
Rogelio: Well, then I'll leave you to dress but I'll wait for you out on the terrace because we're going to ride. (exits)
Ay, Ana Paula, like you never saw him staring at the mounds of vanilla ice cream and knew he was thinking about the cherries.
San Gabriel, Restaurant: A gentleman in a white jacket bids farewell to Vainessa, shakes her hand, and departs. Esteban congratulates her on her first successful business deal and tells her that it will get easier with practice. Her excitement fades when he mentions how proud her father would be of her. We wonder why.
Hacienda del Fuerte, Grassy Area: Ana Paula rides the untethered horse around the grass as Rogelio keeps turning the wheelchair so as to not take his eyes off her. Margarito runs nearer the horse until he's tired, then sits next to Rogelio, who ruffles his hair and kisses the top of his head as though he were his own child. Hugo watches all this.
Casa Galván, Office: Sinthia, in a tight off-black dress more suitable for evening, tells Vainessa about last night. Vainessa is a little incredulous. She's wearing the same plunging neckline purple dress from breakfast. Somebody's been watching Sexo en la Ciudad.
Sinthia: Then Gustavo and I kissed. I never knew that a kiss could move me so much!
Vainessa: Really? Calm down. I can't believe it was that good.
Sinthia: Yes. Before I hooked up with David I had a very passionate relationship and I never thought I could feel anything like that again, but –
Vainessa: Wait, wait... this passionate relationship with whom?
Sinthia: Eh... ay...it wasn't going to work because we're very different. But yesterday with Gustavo we danced – nothing more. We kissed. I felt something different, so real –
Vainessa: Sinthia, that's crazy. The craziest thing I know.
Sinthia: That's unimportant. It doesn't matter because I believe that Gustavo is the man for me.
Vainessa: Enough to dump David?
Sinthia: David doesn't appeal to me at all; you know that. If you can find me a way to recover my inheritance without having to marry him, that's my solution.
Vainessa looks bemused. We are, too. Could Lady Chatterley be tired of slumming?
Hacienda de Fuerte, under the big tree: The riding lesson over, Rogelio and Ana Paula sit on a red-and-white checkered picnic drop with a basket as she pours wine for him. Hugo plays with Margarito in the background.
Rogelio: Gracias.
Ana Paula: Gracias a ti, Rogelio. I'm very happy.
Rogelio: I am, too. I hadn't counted on actually having a relationship, but now I think it's important we talk about everything. If this is to work with you at my side as I want – forever – you need to know we could find out that I won't be able to have children.
A serious leitmotif in a minor key underscores a long mutual stare.

Casa Galván, Office: Vainessa looks at the file including the testamento and points out a few interesting details to Sinthia.
Vainessa: Something tells me that if Rogelio finds out that your husband can't manage your inheritance he can take legal action.
Sinthia: But I'd still be married.
Vainessa: Yes, you'd have your inheritance but not necessarily with David. The will says “with a capable man.” Now, do you think that Gustavo is this capable man?
Sinthia: Perhaps I can find out more before rushing into marriage with David.
Vainessa: Do it, do it. Perhaps Gustavo will help you recover your inheritance.
Sinthia: Yes, but you have to help me. Because I'm not letting that traipadora sister-in-law get half a peso of what belongs to me.
Hacienda de Fuerte: Sinthia would be shocked at this conversation.
Ana Paula: I know that in your condition you can't have children.
Rogelio: Is that important?
Ana Paula: Of course I'd like to have children. But if our relationship works I know how we can work things out.
Rogelio: Are you sure?
Ana Paula: Yes. (turns around and watches Hugo and Margarito) Know what? If Margarito's parents can't be found, he can become our first adoptive child.
Rogelio (incredulous at first, then laughs): The first?
Ana Paula: Yes! Then later we'd want a little girl. Also, two or three more...(as he laughs) Imagine the happiness we could give to them. And them to us.
Rogelio: Of course! Un Regimento del Fuerte. I can't believe I'm thinking this way! Caramba.
Ana Paula: Rogelio, If I had been in Vanessa's place when you suffered the accident it wouldn't have been the same. If that had been me, nothing would have been more important than being at your side.
They exchange a meaningful glance during their love theme.
Tuxtla, Casa de Helena: Tia MentiRosa is incredulous that Vainessa had the gall to fire Dani again from this same job. MentiRosa screams about unfair this is and threatens to confront her. Dani tries to explain about Fed being in serious condition in the hospital and she doesn't want to trouble him with this or suffer any more humiliation. Dani finally leaves. MentiRosa then tells Helena she's going to the hospital to tell Fed that Ana Paula is his daughter. But what if that news makes him worse? How can it; he's in a hospital! But all MentiRosa cares about is the dinero she thinks she's entitled to (meaning Ana Paula's rightful inheritance).
Hospital: Elsa la Vaca – looking like a villainess out of I, Claudius – taunts Fed that his daughter doesn't want to see him. Vainessa quickly proves her wrong by arriving to talk to her father. Alone. La Vaca doesn't look happy at that one. They say a snake bit her once... and died.
Hacienda de Fuerte, living room: Ana Paula and Rogelio get back. Miguel, Consuelo, Maria, and Margarito enter and Miguel wants to know whether everything is OK and why were they all called together. Rogelio tells them that he wants them to know how happy he is with Ana Paula. He kisses her in front of them all and she does not resist or even hesitate. Applause from all except Miguel, who is the only person confused at what he's seeing. After they break the kiss, Ana Paula excuses herself and leaves. Margarito asks why she split; Maria suggests that the applause embarrassed her. Miguel is curious, and Rogelio pensively asks them to leave her alone for a while.
Hospital: Vainessa and Fed are alone. She is still having a hard time dealing with her parents' past relationship issues. Fed tells her he would never have done anything to hurt her. Had things gone well with her mother, this wouldn't be an issue now. But he was a young man and looked for love and understanding elsewhere. He wasn't proud of this. He finishes by telling her that when he started to file for divorce Elsie the Cow threatened to take her far away so he would never see her again. Vainessa is impactada.
Hacienda de Fuerte, Ana Paula's room: Ana Paula looks at the shell necklace asking “Gustavo, why can't I forget you? Even though you're not here?”
Casa Durán: El Principe de las Pestañas is spreading butter on toast while telling his sister about how great a first date he had with Lady Chatterley. She's pleased he had a good time, thinks that Sinthia is attractive, but tells him to be careful so this doesn't turn out the same as with Ana. He loses both enthusiasm and appetite at this one. Mercedes still has her bloomers in a knot over this and it's getting old real fast (and not just for us this time).
Hacienda de Fuerte: Rogelio enters Ana Paula's room and she puts the necklace back in the drawer. She's upset at how fast things seem to be going.
Rogelio: What happened, Paula? Why did you run out of the salon?
Ana Paula: I don't know. Everything was alright but I was suddenly afraid. [She's got Anvil ESP] I suddenly felt powerless. I don't know.
Rogelio: Be calm. Why do you believe you're powerless?
Ana Paula: Because I'm very afraid. Too many things are happening in too little time I don't think I can handle it. I wish we could move faster.
Rogelio (taking her hands): Be calm. Take things as you want to. But you need to know that this happens because this is our [???] If I've done something that upset or displeased you –
Ana Paula: No. The kiss –
Rogelio: Was that it? Were you upset by the kiss I just gave you?
Ana Paula: No, it wasn't that. I just know if it isn't too soon to forget everything that happened in the beginning.
Lagrimas.
Hospital: Fed cries, telling Vainessa that he never wanted her to be hurt. She forgives him (finally!) but begs him to make things right with her mother, who is still full of anger. She doesn't understand how they could have lived together all those years filled with such hate. Vainessa, we hate to say this, but this is how you and Esteban would have been in a few years.
Hacienda de Fuerte, Ana Paula's room: Vainessa would really hate this.
Rogelio (wiping away her tears): Don't be upset. Nothing happened. We're understanding each other. There is no need for fear. You are a strong woman. Capable. You were making your own life. You sacrificed it to help your brother. Who does that? Nobody.
Ana Paula: It's... know what? Before I saw this as a sacrifice; you know that. But, looking at how you treat me, I don't see it that way. (He kisses her hand.) But it doesn't mean that I can love you.
Rogelio: I know. I don't want this fast, but calmly. And I promise you I'll let you do that.
He continues to dry her tears and we start wondering who is the stronger of the two.
Hospital: Mercedes appears to be giving Sinthia the grand tour as they talk about Gustavo. Mercedes tells her that it would please her immensely if she could make him forget that Ana. Sinthia smiles like she knows whom she's talking about.
Hacienda de Fuerte, Cocina: There's a bag of Tostitos on the table as Maria fills a platter that surrounds a bowl of guacamole (although the produce baskets still dominate the table; someone at the ad agency isn't happy about this). She and Ana Paula talk about Rogelio and how he's changed. Ana Paula says she can't believe he's the same person she met in the beginning. Miguel enters, saying something about being hungry. Maria dips a chip, talks about prepping some chiles, and walks off , leaving Miguel and Ana Paula alone. They talk about how life goes on. Finally, she tells him he shouldn't be using Maripaz to forget about Dani. He tells her he's been up front with Maripaz about this stuff, but then she asks whether he's been honest about having been in jail. Gotcha.
Esteban's Office: Esteban says a few words about the matter of David and the fisherman (zzzz) and when Gustavo yawns, asks him what time he got to bed. He tells him, late, but everything is OK. He then tells Gustavo that Sinthia's brother is Rogelio Montero, whom Vainessa once almost married (he means the first time) but never forgot. Gustavo intends to still see Sinthia, but needs time to forget Ana.
Restaurant: David waits for Sinthia, who blocks the door before Efrain and tells him to wait outside before sashaying into the place. David is eager to hear how the wedding plans are progressing, but gets curious about the bandage on her elbow. She tells him it's nothing. He wants to get married as soon as possible. When he takes out the ring box she looks like a deer in the headlights. Efrain looks like a stag about to charge with antlers fully positioned when David puts the ring on her hand and kisses it. She has an expression of seeing the jail door closing and the key out of reach. This is not a Valentine's Day jewelry commercial.
Hacienda del Fuerte, living room: Rogelio and Ana Paula play with Margarito, ending with a little pillow fight as though he were their child. It looks like a coming attractions of a loving family (which means that the Anvil Watch begins). Skelator enters and is not happy to see this; all stops dead when his presence is felt. His “They said you were looking for me” may as well have been “You rang?” Ana Paula and Margarito leave the two men alone. Rogelio asks Bruno if he was there the day that Margarito's parents abandoned him; it was the day of his (original) engagement party. He says he doesn't remember, saying he knew that Maria was and why are you asking? Rogelio tries to explain that he and Ana Paula are hoping to find the child's parents. Bruno claims not to know who the boy's mother was; he appears to be sincere. He changes the subject, saying that he knows Rogelio married Ana Paula to rile Vainessa, but why did she accept him? Rogelio tells him that the most important thing he needs to know is that Ana Paula is his wife, he loves her, and he won't tolerate any other man trying to interfere with that. Take that, Skelator. (Una vez mas).
Restaurant: Lady Chatterley is panicking now, telling Lord ShadyDeal that the wedding can be in five or six months. He's surprised, but she tells him that it can be sooner if Rogelio surrenders her inheritance first. She starts to talk about the will. He's surprised and asks her how she got Rogelio to give her a copy. She says she didn't and what does it matter how she got it? Well, Milady, Lord ShadyDeal can rat you out to His Lordship (your brother) even if he tries not to. He starts to kiss her and stroke her hair. Mellors is watching from the doorway and we wonder whether Lord ShadyDeal can see him. Those fireworks are still waiting to explode.
Hacienda de Fuerta: Margarito hands a drawing to Rogelio... of him on a horse. Ominous music plays as Rogelio gets a flashback of the accident. A dark look comes over his face, but he doesn't give in to what that means. As the boy runs off to do something Ana Paula thanks Rogelio for being so understanding.
Ana Paula: Rogelio, I want to thank you for being so understanding with me.
Rogelio: Well, I want to make sure that the kiss didn't make you feel bad.
Ana Paula: No. One day you said to me that I don't know it all yet. I want you to know that I discovered finally that it pleased me. Very much.

Sonrisas during the love theme.
San Gabriel, Cafe: Miguel tells Maripaz about the accident and being in prison. He's not explaining this well at all. She's not happy at having been kept in the dark about this and gets up from the table freaking out. Macaria brings over a plate of something and wonders where Maripaz is. This won't end well.
Hospital: Elsa la Vaca wants to know when Fed is getting out of the hospital. She complains about the food served there. He doesn't know yet. He's also not eager to return to the combative life they shouldn't have together. She also isn't happy that Vainessa forgave him or that she wants them to make up over this, finally telling him that she will only forgive him if she lost her memory of him cheating on her (Alzheimer's, anyone?). MentiRosa is approaching the room and carefully steps back when Elsa exits with a cry of disgust. MentiRosa catches her breath before approaching the door, relieved that the cow is returning to the homestead.
Hacienda de Fuerte: Rogelio actually smiles at the drawing. This would not have happened 30 or even 20 episodes ago.
Ana Paula: And that smile?
Rogelio: If I smile, why do I smile; if not you ask why not, and –
Ana Paula: No, no, no. If I prefer to see you smile all I have to know is how to make you do it.
Rogelio: Then it must be you. All that you do is for good. You know I never felt this way before.
Ana Paula: May I? (holds out her hand and he hands her the drawing)
Rogelio: I was thinking whether you'd like us to go to Boca del Cielo,
Ana Paula: That might be OK, but I'd prefer that my aunt be with us. Perhaps because she was so enthusiastic about that trip.
Rogelio: You want her to be a chaperon. (as she turns away) That's alright; I'm willing to be patient.
Ana Paula (sitting on couch): Muchas gracias. (Rogelio sighs) What's up?
Rogelio: Paula, you trust your aunt completely.
Ana Paula: Of course; why not?
Rogelio: Because she may not be as sick as she appears to you. It's occurred to me that she uses this as a pretext to blackmail you.
Ana Paula looks impactada, but doesn't see this as a challenge.
Hospital: MentiRosa carefully enters Fed's room, closing the door behind her.
MentiRosa: Holà, Federico. Do you remember me?Fed: Rosaura?MentiRosa: Yes. The sister of Mariana Flores.Fed: I can't believe after so many years... What are you doing here? How did you find me?MentiRosa: These days it's pretty easy.Fed: Where is Mariana? Did she come with you? (MentiRosa hesitates) Please, Rosaura, tell me. Where is Mariana?MentiRosa: My sister died.
Fed looks like he's going to cry.
Hacienda de Fuerte, living room: We've been hoping for this conversation.
Ana Paula: Rogelio, how can you think this about my aunt? After her taking care of me and Miguel all our lives this is very difficult.
Rogelio: I know, I'm sorry, but not all is as it seems.
Ana Paula: It is. It is. And I am eternally grateful for all she's done for us. She gave up love to take care of Miguel and me. Rogelio, I don't want you to think bad of my family. Above all my aunt.
Rogelio: Perdon. I don't want to offend you; I was just thinking of you.
Ana Paula: No. Forgive me, too. But when it comes to defending my kin, I must.
Rogelio: Well, then, if your aunt is not sick as she says, why does she – wait. If she is, why don't we help her? Find her the best cardiologist.
Now, that's the way, Rogelio.
Hospital: Fed is still OK.
Fed: You know where she went away to?
MentiRosa: She was at her wits' end when she broke up with you. I looked for you, but I was told you went to Chiapas.
Fed: Yes, I was there with my daughter but it was too late to save my marriage.
MentiRosa: Well, at least you were able to be happy. My sister suffered a great deal. And since she died more than ten years ago I took care of her children.
Fed: Her children? Did you say her
children? She only had a son. Miguel.
MentiRosa: No. She later had a precious baby girl.
Fed (silently): Una hija?
Hacienda de Fuerte: One step at a time...
Ana Paula: I'd be grateful to take her the doctor but she's a good person. But what do I say to get her to go?
Rogelio: That you were going along with me.
Ana Paula: Yes, like that.
Rogelio: Well, it's a [deal?]
Ana Paula: Well, also you told me that when we see Vanessa again you'd like me to get along with her.
Rogelio: I told you that?
Ana Paula: Yes. It feels impossible because she hates me.
Rogelio: But why do you want this?
Ana Paula: Let's say one should make peace with enemies.
Rogelio: You think that?
Ana Paula (kneeling in front of him and taking his hands): The only thing I want is for you to be at peace and not have problems with Vanessa.
Rogelio: Tell me something, Paula. You don't feel the tiniest bit of jealousy?
Ana Paula: No. Because I know you don't truly love her or you would have married her no matter what happened in the past. Also because she's now in charge of her father's company.
Rogelio: You're worried I'll have to deal with her?
Ana Paula: Frankly, yes. That's why I don't want problems between you. Rogelio, I want you to try to get along with Vanessa.
He looks thoughtful at her words, but doubtful at the possibility of success.
Hospital: Uno secreto desaparacio
Fed: Therefore...
MentiRosa: Yes, Federico. My sister's baby girl is your daughter.
And that's no lie.

Avances
Rivalries come to light and the war of hearts begins.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you so much UA for this great recap, loved your title. My favorite line was the vanilla ice cream and cherries lol. I am starting to like Rohell a little bit. He is being extremely nice to Margarito and being really patient with the Cupcake. He is starting to treat Margarito as his own. If Vivi is right and the arrow is pointing to Rohell as being the father, maybe it was a one night stand and Rohell never knew the mother was pregnant.

Maripaz should rethink being with Miguel. At least he told her the truth.

Poor Dany I hope she finds a better job than the one she had with Fed. I just hope the recommendation Rohell is going to give her isn't for David's company.

Gus is really taken with Sin. I think Sin is really taken with Gus too, but how will she juggle both Effer and Gus? David is so dead to her, she was avoiding kissing him at all costs and when he put that ring on her finger she looked like she wanted to hurl lol. I agree with Jardinera that Mersnotty needs to have her nose checked. I think her "sniffer" is out of wack. lol.

So the truth is out now with Fed and Rosaura. So Miguel is older than the Cupcake. I thought it was the reverse. Poor Fed with all this aggravation in his hospital room I am really shocked he doesn't have another heart attack.
La Vaca needs to stay away until he is stronger. At least Vainy forgave him, but wait till she finds out about the Cupcake. I am glad Fed knows about the Cupcake and the Tia is going to milk this for all she is worth. I hope Rohell pushes the issue of the Tia seeing a cardiologist but she will find some way around it I'm sure.

So Sin just has to get married to get her inheritance, her husband won't control it. That is good at least. She wouldn't want to have Mr Shady Deal (loved that name for him) lol to get his shady hands on her money.
 

Awesome recap UA. Loved the "Lord ShadyDeal" and "His Lordship" nickmaes for David and Rog. I especially liked this sentence, "Ay, Ana Paula, like you never saw him staring at the mounds of vanilla ice cream and knew he was thinking about the cherries." LOL.

Rog was so excited to come to AP's room to give her a morning kiss. The poor cupcake was flustered at his eagerness to kiss her. Probably because she had just woken up and had morning breath.

The anvils are lining up for sure and now that Cinthia seems to have figured out which 'Ana' Mercedes talked about, let the games begin.

Now that Rosaura told Fed he has a daughter, will she tell him who it is?

I'm still leaning on Rog being Margarito's father.
 

Loved Rog telling AP about Rosaura's emotional blackmail. She should take him up on seeing a cardiologist to end her fake illness charade. That was a smart move on Rog's part.
 

That was quick UA, tks so much.
I was really surprised that Miguel is older. I figured Their Mom was pregnant with AP when she married & had Miguel later. Wonder who the husband was?

Rogelio is playing AP just right.

Can't wait til Tia goes to the Cardiologist. Rogelio wasn't buying her BS about the sick friend either.

Word veri
farse, je,je
 

Urban A:

You didn't miss a beat with this excellent recap. Lady Chatterley and her lover are in for a rough go it seems to me. I think Cinthia feels more for Efrain than she wants to admit to herself.

Loved you description of David's proposal of marriage—and Cinthia's response.

EJ
 

"Ay, Ana Paula, like you never saw him staring at the mounds of vanilla ice cream and knew he was thinking about the cherries.

---
Sidebar worthy!!!

Some things are falling into place for me:
*GusGus always using Ana and Rohell always using Paula: I don't think it clicked with Sin when Mersnotty said something about "that damn Ana."

*GusGus and the fisherman storyline: will this be the ammo Sin needs to prove David is not "competent"?

I was shocked Fede remembered MentiRosa.
 

Thanks, guys. I did get a big head start on this because I found the entire episode online. With the other site bookmarked I now have the ability to do next Monday's the same way.

Variopinta, I thought the same thing and that Miguel would be about two years younger than Ana Paula. It still feels like that because he's so immature. Maripaz could do better than him as well. He needs to face his alcohol issues and grow up, although he has had moments when he seems to see some of what Rogelio sees. Trees, though, rather than the forest.

I don't know that Sinthia will try to juggle Efrain and Gus. Gus is someone Rogelio might approve of, as he knows him and knows that he's honest. He may even know about Gus' mission to save the fishing community (I also hope he likes seafood). The fact that Gus isn't rich doesn't have to be an issue. But Efrain is always at the hacienda. Let's hope that Consuelo is an expert with chorizos...

I have to go back and add a line about Elsie; BRB.
 

Let's hope that Consuelo is an expert with chorizos...
---
Vive le double entendre
 

UA, this was amazing. Your translating the various, important conversations is so appreciated! I thought the entire recap was brillant.

"Could Lady Chatterley be tired of slumming?", "anvil ESP" and Skeletor's shades of "you rang" (definitely Lurch) were but a few of my favorite lines.

I think Sin is now "Efrain free". I think she realizes she is in a difficult enough poosition trying to juggle Gus and David. She never fought for her love with Efrain (if indeed it was love) and he was the most dispensible. In her scenes with David, as Madelaine and others noted, she seemed as scared and nervous as a caged animal. She is desperate to gain her freedom and inheritance, otherwise she would have dropped David cold. Not only does she have absolutely no feelings for David, it's as though she can hardly bear his touch.

Is Sin really feeling love for Gus or was he (literally) her knight in shining armor. He saved her from assault and could she be mistaking her feelings of gratitute and desperation for love? Hmmmm.

I liked Ana and Rogelio's scenes. If he is Margarito's father, it will come as a complete surprise. I don't think Rogelio would ever walk away from his child.

Can't wait to see what happens.

Thanks again UA - this was fabulous.

Diana
 

I had the same thought about Rogelio; he understands responsibility the same way that Ana Paula does. He would never walk away from his own child.

He was never fated to be with Vainessa and that's why (from a karmic perspective) he had the accident. Imagine her as a stepmother.
 

Thanks so much for the humor filled recap Urban.

That Daddy Arrow over Rogelio's head is getting bigger and bigger. I agree, that he does not know he has a kid-- the description Maria gave of the mother wasn't detailed enough for anyone to guess who she was. I have no idea how they're going to find her.

Cynthia is a complex character. For sure she senses that something is off with David. I'm guessing she will dump him soon, since she can't even stand to be in the same room. She seems genuinely smitten with Gus and this seems to be lessening her dependence on Effer for affection/passion/whatever it is they have. Unfortunately for Effer, I think he's in love with her.

In the conversation between AP and Rog, she was telling him that it was Tia MentiRosa who told her she and Vain should get along. Both AP and Rog felt this was a strange request. I hope Roge digs deeper about why Tia is so keen for a Vain-AP friendship. Good thinking on his part about the heart specialist.

We always knew Miguel was older. When we first got the clue the AP and Vain were sisters. In a series of scenes right after the other we had: Miguel remembering how his parents fought all the time AFTER AP was born, then the dad left them and later died; AP saying she was too young to remember their dad (meaning she was younger than Miguel), but saying that her mom was a SECRETARY; Tia saying to herself that Miguel and AP were likely so different because the had different dads; and Elsa and Fed arguing about the SECRETARY he had that affair with over 20 years ago.

I hope that Fed and AP have some real bonding time together and that he does kick the bucket right after reconciling with her. It's clear he really loved her mom.
 

...that Fed DOESN'T kick the bucket... (I really don't want the guy to die, but would love for Elsa to bite it.)
 

UA, thanks for the great recap. Thanks so much for posting it so quickly.

I agree with Sara. I don't think Sinthia has any idea that "Ana" is "Paula".

I think we have been told in the past the fact that Miguel's dad knew or suspected he was not AP's father is why AP said her father was always distant, never close, with her.
 

AP never knew her father. It's Cythia who has spoken about the distant father.
 

Vivi, thanks for the reminder about Miguel's memories of childhood; I had forgotten that part.

I don't know that Sinthia knows what love actually is. It seems to me that she was ignored by her father and I'm going to guess that she lost her mother very young. Or could her mother also have also favored Rogelio? I've never heard her mention her mother, but maybe I missed that moment.

She's never been to college, never taken the Grand Tour, so what chance has Sinthia ever had to meet men to fall in love with? It's all hormones with Efrain. She's in lust with him and they have nothing else in common. Her instincts about disclosure to Vainessa appear to be right, so whom can she even talk to about this? Nobody.

Gustavo is handsome, brave, smart, honorable, and he can bust a move on the dance floor. Sounds like a Principe Azul in the making.
 

UA, thanks a million for this great recap.

I'm probably all alone in this, but I was very disappointed in Rogelio for summoning everyone together to watch him kiss Ana Paula.

"Rogelio: Was that it? Were you upset by the kiss I just gave you?
Ana Paula: No, it wasn't that.


Well it was for me. I thought it was both embarrassing and lame (sorry). Now had Bruno been one of the witnesses, I could have seen the point. It would have still been cursi but would would have at least served a useful purpose.

Poor David is certainly not very good at interpreting body language, is he?

I wonder if the nurses are monitoring Fed's ECG at the nurses station. Must be quite a show with his parade of visitors.

Carlos
 

ISTA Carlos!
 

I thought it a little odd also for the audience for the kiss. WTFWT

I kind of thought that Cinthia DID have a bell ringing moment about the name Ana.

Odd also that when they introduced themselves, ni Gustavo ni Cinthia used last names.

Pobre Federico, if I had to deal with Elsa & then Rosaura, I would pull the plug on my own life support.
 

Thanks for the recap UA. I loved your analysis of Vainy's comment about how could her parents live together with such hate (Sweetie that's what you did with Esteban).

Yes, Carlos I too thought the audience kiss was odd and creepy.
 

So know we know why Ana Paula's mom gave her 2 first names: to confuse everyone.

And why with all their good, home made tortillas that could be fried up would they eat Tostitas with ingredients that can't be pronounced? All hail product placement.

Next time I kiss a boy, I expect applause for my efforts.

Kelly
 

Carlos, I sort of agree, but I'd cut him some slack for being high on discovering that he's still worthy. He spent the last seven years thinking he will be alone for the rest of his life. The idea that he can be loved by a young, beautiful woman is something that went out of his head. And he knows what's being said behind his back, so he must feel like he's back from the dead.

If I were Fed's doctor I'd probably keep visitors out for a few days. MentiRosa hasn't upset him yet; let's hope nothing happens tonight that does.

And I hope Ana Paula asks Rogelio when he last saw a doctor who might be able to help him.
 

Good point UA. Was it ever mentioned that Rohell had surgery after his accident, or did they just tell him he was paralyzed and that was it? If he has some feeling in his legs he may just need some surgery to walk again. I also wonder if his not being able to have children is because he was injured from the accident or maybe he just thinks he can't because he is paralyzed?
 

He may think that perhaps the paralysis would prevent him being an effective parent in that he couldn't play sports or run after a child. That doesn't mean that the relevant parts don't work because I'm betting they do.

Not to mention how much psychology is involved in all this.
 

Rogelio does have feeling, we saw his leg move at least once & he stood up once even though he did fall flat on his face.
 

He's already said so the first time
Ana Paula gave him therapy. What he needs now is a specialist and a plan. We know he has the motivation.
 

Please see elenco post. Mesnotty's ex Ernesto is the spinal specialist.
 

I think Rogelio y AP should make a trip to DF for the best doctors & hospitals, I assume they have the best. Anyway a trip together would be the best for them, alone.
 

Thank you so much for a wonderful recap, UA! You did this lovely, poignant episode justice, and with some funny snark too! :D

LOL about the vanilla ice cream and cherries reference. You are BAD! LOL.

Aw, Rohellio, Rohellio, you are just like an eager child in this episode. The scene where he wakes her up at 6 in the morning, just because he can't wait any longer to thank her for everything and to kiss her again--it's so sweet and at the same time, so heartbreaking, because as you say UA, he's been feeling dead for so long and he still can't believe this is happening. Aw, Rogelio, Rogelio. Enjoy it while it lasts, we all see the anvil being moved into position.

I agree that it was weird for him to have an announcement where he gathered everyone together, but I agree with you, UA, he's just high on life and can't contain himself. I actually think he didn't plan ahead of time to kiss her (possibly not, anyway) in front of everyone. He just did it because he was SOOOOOO HAPPY and he can't keep it in anymore. And I agree, after knowing what everyone has been saying behind his back all these years, he couldn't help broadcasting this new development to the world.

I think Miguel knew about AP's new turn with Rohell before Rohell made the "announcement" to everyone else. Perhaps that was cut off of the copy you saw? Miguel is alone with AP and Rohell and says that he knows he has no right to interfere (or something) but that this is his sister and he wants to make sure she's happy. Rohell affably says he understands, and that if AP needs anything, that Miguel as the brother would be person she could go to. (Or something. I'm just going from my memory.)

I can't believe that David can't pick up on Sinthia's extreme uncomfortableness around him, and reluctance. I guess he's just high on life at the moment as well. He should be paying better attention! LOL.
 

Interesting Sara, that will surely be a factor & even more interesting how it comes about. It has to be after Gustavo enters the picture at the den of Rogelio.

word veri
arresson, as in a reason to go on
 

Thank you UA for the great recap. I loved the vanilla icecream and cherries reference too. I laughed out loud and m daughter wanted to know what I was laughing at. I had to tell her she wouldn't get it.

Didn't Rog tell AP that he couldn't have kids yesterday? And then she agreed with him, saying they could adopt instead. So maybe he can't do it. One would thing that since AP is a nurse, she would know all the details about this kind of thing. I'm you all and hope he goes to a specialist and gets better. If Magarito ends up being Rog's son, then he will have a blood heir to pass on the estate to.

I got the impression that Cynthia did not figured out that Ana is the same person as Paula. And that also could be why the writers had them using different names for her; so that they wouldn't be able to know too early that she is the same woman.

I would think that if Rog ends up being able to walk, they will have AP fall in love before he does. Then there will be no question that it mattered to her if he stays in a chair.
 

cathyx,

"One would thing that since AP is a nurse, she would know all the details about this kind of thing."

AP doesn't even know or suspect that Tia is faking it. I think. due to Rogelio that will chg soon.

Hmmm, maybe that's how Rogelio meets Dr. Ernesto.
 

Let's look at it this way: This is a Televisa novela which -- by definition -- is a fairy tale for grown-ups. If Rapunzel's prince can regain his sight after being blinded on thorns, Ana Paula's lord can walk and sire children after 7 years in a wheelchair.

I don't recall any mention of surgery during the flashback about the accident. That flashback was all about Vainessa's rejection and nothing else.

As for Sinthia's apparent recognition at hearing "Ana", there was really no good reason for it because that has to be a way common name. Unless she is just desperate to find anything against Ana Paula to prove to Rogelio that she's looking to take him for everything.

On another note... since Margarito mentioned the doves, who else thinks Rogelio is going to get her a whole flock of them?
 

Gawd just don't let them have a love scene in the dovecote a la LFDD. Ew.
 

Oh please no more chicken coop sex. I hope those things aren't ADA accessible. Now if wants to pull that whip out again, that'd be ok.

Kelly
 

I loved this recap, Urban. Loved the "leitmotif with minor chords" awfully classy for a TN.
I was not sure that Cinthia actually knew which Ana. I doubt it because there would have been more of a response. I am sure she would have gotten very excited and validated Mercedes opinion. She would not have held back.
 

Wow UA: great recap!

"A serious leitmotif in a minor key underscores a long mutual stare." I was listening to Margaret Juntwait announce Die Götterdämerung on Saturday and her synopsis read just like a telenovela.

"looking like a villainess out of I, Claudius"—so true, I was wondering where I had seen that type before.

As for the "Ana"/"Paula" thing, I am with Barbara & cathyx. The way the scene played, they left a pregnant pause while we waited for Cindy to come out with "tal....(pause)...Ana". Which I think was supposed to be suspenseful. If she had said "...Paula", then the jig would have been up. But Cindy doesn't know our girl as Ana. She's been Paula to everyone at the hacienda, hence the opportunity for obfuscation. I think by the time our gal is recognized by Rogelio et al as "Ana Paula", her real, full name, then we will have some closure and resolution. In he meantime, I think they are using the confusion as a plot device.
 

UA: ditto on all the pulled quotes. This was a really great and scathing recap. My favorite line was ""looking like a villainess out of I, Claudius". Dunno why, but it was and you nailed it! Dumb and clutsy calling in the family for some silly kiss in front of them all. Screen filler.
 

Elsie the Cow has the malevolence of Livia but lacks the intelligence. Not to mention the sangre fria.

LXV, I was at the HD broadcast with two friends on Saturday afternoon. If you haven't done so check out the Met's website for this production. Lots of great stuff, especially our new Siegfried!

However, leitmotifs are very common in novelas. FELS and TdA had them for most of the characters and for certain situations. I think certain composers particularly like to do them. Wagner new that was the start of something big.
 

Hi, I'm new here. :))

Where can I find Capitulo 34?

I only found Cap 35 and 36...:(

Violeta
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder