Thursday, March 22, 2012

Abismo de pasión #8 3/23/12: Fina Arango would be a classic case for the 'Laura' show... que pase la desgraciada!! and Orangina... well, send her to Iraq so the men can 'treat her right'


Tonight's recap courtesy of Marta Ivett (and it's a doozy).

Repeat of scene with Augusto and Gabino at the farm… Augusto rips the contract…
 
Repeat of scene with Carmina fainting out in town square… ‘la calle esta dura’.. falls.
 
Repeat scene of the ONLY Town Dr, married to the ONLY Town Gossip (or is she?) with Carmina, he tells her he is pretty sure she is pregnant… her hair more Medusa like than ever…  he gives her a speech about motherhood being the most wonderful thing to happen to a woman… (well, it is, but not for all people) She makes him swear for his life he won’t tell a soul, not even his wife… he agrees.
 
Fina asks Gabino how Augusto reacted to the contract cancellation…  seemed in agreement… good. It is best for all that we have no relationship between him and me (what is this about? Are you interested in him as a man? Will you nag him just as much?)… btw, whose house is the little blue bonnet cottage?  She is sure it is not his, he could not afford it in his dreams…  IF it was Rosendo’s I want to sell it right away… nope, it was not his… But Rosendo met there with his ‘dame’. No, he just rented it for 3 months, and the owner is not an important detail.
 
Fina asks Antonia for Damian, she thinks he left, but not sure where he went…
 
Orangina goes to see MrCoward at farm, but she gets the turn down of the decade, he wants her to move out of his house ASAP… she can’t even tell him what she came to say… he can only say he wants to spend time with his daughter, she is his ONLY daughter (well, man, you have not behaved like it in days!). She is ALL I have.. (and now you notice!) … she gives him the killer stare as she watches him rush home…
 
At home, Blanca is there to visit Elisa, but Lolita tells her that Elisa went out to play, just in time for MrCoward to listen to that response… He starts nagging that he wanted to spend time with his daughter, she is not to blame for the MISTAKES of her mother. Blanca won’t let him get away with that offense toward Este… but he is not interested in her opinion…
 
Gabino seems to be taking it easy and gets to work late… Mara (the secretary) tells him they brought Rosendo’s baggage, she needs him to take it home… but he quickly thinks on his toes and takes the baggage away first, taking the plane tickets and hiding them in the office before he takes the suitcase to the house.
 
Little Paloma and Elisa walking through town, she just doesn’t like her aunt Carmina, she does not want her living with them, she wants Paloma’s grandma to make it so that Carmina leaves and her mom comes back… (AWWWWWWW) Paloma is not sure her grandma can make that happen… I miss my mom, I want to see her, I want to be with her!!  Paloma says you are lucky that you got to meet your mom, and you still have your dad.
 
Elsewhere in another street in town, the boys are talking (Gael and Damian)
Gael keeps self-pitying himself saying Damian still has his mom and Padre Lupe, who is his uncle. Damian says my uncle Lupe is very good with you… Gael says its not the same because he is nothing of mine (ni modo son, but Lupe is more your family than anyone else)  I really have no family… But even if I have no family I do have friends…You, Elisa and now even Paloma… (and here come the girls… sweet smiles exchanged between Damian and Elisa, they are about to kiss when out shouts Fina from her car…) right there smack in middle of town a shouting fight ensues between Fina and all the kids… She repeats her order that he must not see ‘this girl’… Damian refutes that Elisa is his friend… She repeats even louder that he can’t be friends with the woman who took his father from them… Elisa yells that her mom did not kill anyone!! Fina shouts the same words again. My mom is good! You are a liar!! SHUT UP!! (Gael jumps in the argument) Don’t yell at her!! (He is going to make a habit of this, isn’t he?) You don’t butt in, you scum(muerto de hambre)!... Damian pleads to her to stop, they are his friends… She says you are just going from bad to worse, now it turns out you are even friends with the granddaughter of the town witch… LETS GO.!! (as Fina drags Damian in the vehicle and they take off, Gael and the girls are watching them go.. Gael has his arms around the girls… Gael tells Elisa not to pay attention to her, she is just crazy. Elisa says everyone says she (my mom) is evil/bad… and its not true! Its not true!...
 
At Castanon house, MrCoward is sitting in his desk waiting for Elisa to come home… knock on door… he happily goes to open the door saying he has to apologize to her (he thinks its Elisa at the door.. psych! Its Orangina with a very depressed face)… big let down in his face.. ‘what do you want?’  She has to talk to him about something… she wanted to tell him at the farm. But he did not let her, he pushed her away.. he clears it up for her, I did not push you away, you were leaving… and that is the best thing still… that you just leave…  she has changed her mind… pleads with him… have to make you understand I love you… he does not want to hear her marketing pitch… She continues trying to get him to give her a chance… she begs… to no avail… SHUT UP!! I don’t want you to talk about that! If it was not the time or place before, NOW ISN’T EITHER!!
Ora: precisely because all that has happened, I have to show yo how much I love you and you need me to erase the memory of Estefania! I can give you what my sister could not! I can give you children of your own!! (aw gawd!! Don’t go there!! please for Elisa’s sake don’t go there!!)
He is in disbelief…
Elisa is not your kid… Elisa is daughter of Este and Rosie…
You are lying. Elisa is my daughter! I am her father!
Are you sure? Do you know how long Este and Rosie were together?
I don’t want to keep listening to you. (but you keep listening, you SHMUCK!!!)
When I asked Este why Elisa had no trait of yours, she said there was no good reason for there to be any! (OUCH!! SLAPP!! That’s the least you deserve, Orangina!!)
SHUT UP ALREADY!!
There are truths that hurt too much, don’t they? Why don’t you go get a paternity test with Elisa? (even better just go to the Maury show!!)
Never.
You prefer to stay with the doubt, don’t you? Deep inside You know it is true, Elisa is not your kid..
(she gets dragged/thrown out of the office, have to say that is probably the most sensible thing MrCoward did all episode.. drag that piece of trash out of his office)… he looks at a photo of Este and shrieks his eyes in pain…
 
At Arango mansion things are not better at all…
Damian is summoned to go to his room and not come out until she feels like it..
ITS NOT FAIR MOM!! ITS NOT FAIR THAT YOU DON’T LET ME BE WITH ELISA!!
How many times do we need to hear Fina say ‘esa nina es la hija de la senora que tiene la culpa de que tu padre ya no este con nosotros!!’
NO ES CIERTO!! THE ONLY ONE TO BLAME FOR THAT IS YOU!! (you go Damian!!)
What are you saying??
The truth, mama!! My dad left for your own fault! Because you were always fighting / nagging at him!! My dad left because he was not happy with you!! (SLAPP!!! Definitely this is the episode of slaps… or there is a clearance sale on slaps at La Ermita’s ONLY Tiendita)
 
Back to Augusto watching Este’s photo… he gets up, clears up his nose, wipes with his sleeve, serves himself a TON (at least 10 oz) of ‘errr… apple juice?.. NOT!!’  … gulps it down … just as Elisa is coming to the house she hears as his dad gulps some more apple juice down, crashes his glass and destroys the frame with the picture of Este… (stupid man… stupid man… that’s all I will say… he is listening to the woman who is selfish enough to care only about her own feelings…) … Elisa comes in… is very sweet to him, but he is still mad at what he heard from Orangina, so he yells at her GET OUT!!
 
Elisa goes to her bed crying.. Lolita gets concerned and asks her why she cries… my dad does not love me… how can you say that? He told me he wanted to be with you… he kicked me out of his office.. he told me very bad things.. no, he does not love me…
 
Damian asks Antonia to take a letter for Elisa for him, she is afraid of losing her job if Fina finds out… Damian blackmails her into taking the letter to Elisa.. tomorrow… when I go to the mercado.
 
Back at Castano manor… and Orangina and the jewels… she caresses them, she does look coo coo…  In comes a totally drunk Augusto… she acts offended, he needs to talk to her… Elisa is outside the door… he takes Orangina a bit roughly… and she likes it!!
 
Next morning… at breakfast, MrCoward and Elisa are having a very quiet breakfast, no words exchanged at all… out comes Orangina with the happy announcement (NOT!) that ‘papito’ and I are going to the town judge office to get married…  (you could hear a pin drop at that table in that moment)… well, out comes Lolita as Elisa is asking her dad for confirmation .. .is it true you are going to marry my Tia Carmina? (and we get the sound effect delayed with Lolita dropping the dish she was just bringing to Elisa…) He confirms, she runs away upset… (have to note that to add insult to injury Orangina is wearing a glowing white dress this time)  Orangina realizes Lolita is totally stiff, frozen at the news just heard… Orangina snaps her fingers at Lolita and asks her to begin cleaning the mess… MrCoward follows his pattern and reprimands Orangina on telling Elisa so quickly… she was going to find out soon enough anyway, weren’t you going to tell her?  .. I don’t know!... if you want to change your mind I don’t mind (really?) lets go.
 
Lolita is about started getting her color and breath back.. My God, what is happening in this house?
 
At the Dr house, he and his wife are talking about Orangina.. she has a reputation of a ho… she thinks she is ‘la divina garza envuelta en huevo’ (which is the spanish preferred way of saying she thinks she is all that … do you want me to find out about her? .. no, just curious.. I just ran into her in town and think maybe with the death of her sister she might be a bit unprotected.
 
Elisa knocks the door at Lucio/Blanca’s madly… Elisa tells Blanca what her dad is doing.. Blanca thinks Elisa is just kidding… I want to stay here.. I don’t want to live in that house anymore!! …
 
At the civil registry, even the judge is in disbelief that they want to get married … not very usual for a man to marry his own sister in law so quickly after his wife’s death.. you will need two witnesses… (Mr Coward turns around and summons the two unfortunate people who were just there… to be the witnesses)…
 
The newlyweds return home… Blanca has brought Elisa home. Blanca sends Elisa to her room… She gets confirmation that they just got married… Blanca feels the duty to let them know this is all affecting Elisa… she tells them about Elisa’s wish not to live with them… MrCoward and Orangina say no that is not necessary, this is her house and we are her family. (if I had a family like that I would like to live with the horses…)
Blanca offers to let Elisa live with them as she asked… but Mr Coward will have none of that. He basically shows her the door, won’t even let her say goodbye to Elisa… As Blanca is gone, Orangina tries to get cuddly with MrCoward only to be turned down again… (why did he marry her then?) on her way home outside Blanca turns around and Elisa and her share a goodbye wave of hands and blown kisses… so tender a moment…
 
Antonia brings the letter from Damian to Elisa to Lolita… Lolita is with Braulio and there is obvious attraction from Antonia toward Braulio… she wants Lolita to take the letter to Elisa while she keeps Braulio company… (yeah right!) Lolita warns Braulio with a stare… LOL
 
Elisa tells Lolita that her dad is a liar because he had promised her that Orangina would leave and now he married her instead… she will stay here forever.. why did he have to marry her? … Lolita cannot find the right words to console her herself, but she brought something that will make her happy.. a letter from Damian.. she will even wait for a response to send to him… But hurry, Antonia has to go soon (yeah right Lolita, its not quite true, is it?)
 
Padre Lupe came to see Fina only to get nagged about not spending enough time with her now that Rosie is gone.. he tells her that he is her brother but he is also a priest… he came to ask her why she was offensive to Elisa again in town.. Fina nags the same stuff over again (I won’t repeat).. he yells at her that it is not possible (I would say not reasonable, human, decent, etc etc) that she obsesses with harming  a little creature like that… don’t make her suffer even more than she is suffering! … / a little creature that is just like her mother! And she reminds me of everything that happened!! / Assuming you do have reasons to hate Estefania like you do, it is not that little girl’s fault!!  / I don’t want her and my son to be close!! I don’t want them to relate!!  / I will remind you of the words I told you once, referring to Gael.. Damian is the one who will decide who he is friends with!!  Whether you like it or not!! / we will see about that.  / there is no way to get you to reason… (here comes the town gossip Begona with the gossip of the decade!! She totally ignores Padre Lupe, but he won’t let her get away with that ‘you don’t change.. ever’.. / no padrecito, this is too good gossip and I can’t hold it in!! Augusto and Carmina Bouvier got married!! (I could see Padre Lupe was about to fall backwards and I was about to yell ‘TIMMMBBEERRRRRRR!!!’.. but no, he took it standing…
 
Antonia brings Elisa’s answer to Damian…. He gets alarmed when he reads it…
 
Padre Lupe is at Castanon manor to talk to Carmina… he had been debating to come talk to her or not.. but her marriage made him decide.. Orangina (who is still wearing the white dress she got married in, making her teeth glow even whiter) comments on news flying fast around this town… he is intrigued to find out how she convinced Augusto to do this…  lets say circumstances gave me a hand in it… you have no forgiveness from God… I am only in pursuit of my own happiness… even with the price tag of unfairly and deliberately muddying the name and reputation of your own sister?? (have to note that the rage/anger is making Padre Lupe look just as orange as Orangina, it must be contagious),  Because we both know she was not Rosie’s lover and she was not escaping with him.. by the way, what was Este doing in that car?  (just giving the dashboard a nice armour all polishing…) … I have no clue… you should, you could not wait to leave this cursed town, wasn’t that what you told me? … I told you in the confessionary booth (how convenient) and you cannot repeat it, because I am not a believer but you are! .. .I hope God someday can forgive you… and haven’t you thought that it was precisely God who took my sister out of my way so I could be happy with the man I love?? … (he has lost his cool) DON”T BLASPHEME!! … (white teeth shining brightly) know what? I am fed up! I am tired of hearing your sermons, so please find your own way out and leave me in peace…. You get my screws lose, woman… (starts to leave but turns around with one final punchline) I seriously doubt you will find your peace and you will find that happiness you are searching for… may God have pity on you
 
Lolita comes to Elisa’s room to let her know dinner is ready, but she realizes Elisa is gone and gets immediately on panic mode…
 
Damian on horse meets Elisa outside her house…  he asks her if she is sure she wants to leave… she does not care where, just anywhere they won’t find her. He will go with her, he does not want to stay at his house either.. .don’t you want me to go with you? of course I do!!... he helps her on horse in front of him and they ride together… awwwww!!
 
Orangina was waiting for MrCoward in bedroom.. he rejects her again.. he is not ready to live as a couple… well last night you did not need any time… was drunk… and you are going to tell me you did not know what you were doing… still have Este’s memory too fresh… well, that is the point, I can help you forget her.. and forget all she did to you. and I can give you all that she could never give you… (Lolita in her best timing moment ever, comes to tell MrCoward that Elisa has left.. and took some clothes..)
 
Fina goes to church house looking for Damian… isn’t he with your kid? .. Gael is here, replies Lupe… Fina just buzzes out, without even saying good bye… good night, sis…
 
MrCoward is doing same at Lucio’s house… Elisa is not here.. Blanca says she was afraid something like this would happen, and it s your fault Augusto!! You have only cared about yourself and your own grief but you have taken no time to give your own daughter a little support and comfort!! And now to top it off you marry Carmina just a few days after burrying your wife!! In those conditions it is more than understandable that the little girl is confused and unsettled!..
 
At church Gael tells Padre Lupe he has not seen Damian all day… Lolita arrives asking Lupe if Elisa and Gael might be together… no, Gael is here… Lupe asks Gael if he knows where Elisa could be… maybe with Damian.. Lupe says that’s what I am afraid of. Will go to the Arango hacienda, have a feeling Troy will burn tonight… sends lolita back to Castano house to wait for Elisa…
 
Paloma asks Elisa and Damian what they are doing out on horse at this hour… she tells them about a cave nearby and gives them an oil lamp… spend the night there and then tomorrow you can go elsewhere…
Fina barges in castano house looking for Damian… Orangina confronts her saying Lolita is telling the truth.. her son is not here, neither Elisa… Fina starts with the usual offenses toward Elisa being just like her mother… in comes MrCoward, this time he has found some backbone to shut Fina down . I won’t allow you to come here to insult my daughter! … coming to tell the truth is no insult. I am certain your daughter convinced Damian to run away with her, just like your wife did with my husband. … what if it was the other way around and Rosie harassed Este? You told me yourself that Rosie had always been in love with Este. What I don’t get is why you married him, knowing he never loved you… don’t try to justify ho Este. And Elisa…    I won’t let you blame Elisa for anything.. but your son.. I do think he is guilty, he inherited the bad habits of his father. … I won’t allow you to say that! Damian is innocent! Let me give you some free advice… when your daughter shows up, do whatever you can to prevent her from becoming another Este!! (second woman MrCoward has to shove out of his place)
 
Previews: Apparently Ramona has forced Paloma to come tell MrCoward where the kids are and they are found. OMG!! Fina slaps Elisa… and tells Damian they are leaving on a trip, Damian yells to her TE ODIO!!!… the car is leaving, Elisa, Paloma and Gael are holding hands blocking the road, but apparently Gabino, the driver, avoids them.. not before Damian yells at Elisa that they will always be friends, and Elisa responds the same way.
 
WOW!! Action packed!!

Labels:


Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Marta, what an amazingly detailed and terrific recap! I am agog, truly. You have so many wonderful comments but I do have a favorite: "if I had a family like that I would like to live with the horses…" Very droll my dear.

Oh my goodness, what an episode!! I was completely gobsmacked when Carmeany told Augusto that Elisa was not his daughter. Whoa, I was NOT expecting that. What a diabolical move to drive a wedge between father and daughter.

I am in a constant self-argument about whom I hate more, Carmeany or Fina, but tonight Orangina shot to the head of the hate-list, with Fina a close second. Augusto is right up there too. What a dumb, stupid, insensitive man he is. I love the nickname MrCoward for him. Yes he IS.

Super Marta, thanks again for your wonderful recap and your trademark detailed dialogue.
 

Verrrrrry nicely done, Marta! Terrific recap, and I thank you for it. *hats off*

Last week was a bust and I had no time at all to get into Abismo, so over the past couple of days I’ve had a catch-up marathon with my recordings and boy, I was not disappointed! I was hooked within the first 20 minutes, and the kids were a HUGE part of that. Great little actors! And finally finding a namesake (Estefania) that wasn’t either a shady roach or a nasty piece of work was absolutely awesome – though my delight was short-lived because she crashed and burned before the ink was dry on her contract. Drats. I think I’m getting a complex.

My three favorite moments from last night were: 1) precious Damian yells the real score at his crazy @zz mama (and I paraphrase) (No, you’re the one who sucks! YOU suck!); 2) Blanca yells the real score at Augie (No, you’re the one who sucks! YOU suck!); and 3) Damian takes Elisa away from Hell House #2 on his mighty steed. Aww!

I tell you, Caray-mates, one thing is perfectly clear in La ErmitaVille – the kids mean absolutely crap (to everyone but the help and the Padre). Rosendo calling Damian “mi vida” as he left him there to suffer under the withered paw of his out-of-control mother... really, dude? If your son was your life, as bad as it looked, you would’ve taken him to be with you and your slut-ho unless he had a mom like Estefy. And Augusto the Lame, Father of the Year, not even once trying to help his baby girl through her mama’s death. So worried about the scandal of his wife running off with another man that he marries her sister before Estefy is even cold in the ground. ?? Er, que? Can you spell Dumb Donkey.

And what a sister, eh? Winner of the Lowest of the Low Even When It Comes to a Ho Award, Carrr-mi-na, who went from looking like a barrel of Agent Orange in that tangerine dress to a Creamsicle in that white one. And now she’s having Rosendo’s baby, pobrecito (the kid, not her). We can only hope that her venom doesn’t affect the poor fetus though I have a terrible feeling it will…

Hahaha, the Lolita/Braulio/Antonia triangle tickled me a bit. Ruh-roh! Lita betta have some kind of plan fermenting between those pigtails of hers… :) Loved Marta’s references to The Maury Show and Armour All. LMAO!

I guess I’ve railed on enough for now. Even though it’s obvious things are going to go rotten for our kids, I still can’t wait for tonight’s Epi. Thanks again, Marta. :)
 

I'm with you, Sylvia.

Carmeany, Fina, or Augie -- the top of the Hate List is up for grabs. Grrrrrr.
 

Thank you so much Marta. This episode is the pits. If this had been my recap night it would have been riddled with the F word and other palabrotas. You are a class act and got through it beautifully. It's been mentioned but I liked the line about living with the horses too.

Carmeany is a lyin' succubus ho from the pits of hell. She's jumped ahead of Vainy, Merry Piece and IvanaHo on my scale of TN evil beeches.
 

Good work, Marta. This is stellar.

Carmina's true colors are showing and wouldn't even change if she died in a fire (my current prediction). She is a true sociopath.

Those poor kids.

All the adults belong on Jerry Springer. The judge should have refused to marry McCoward and Carmeany. Padre Guadalupe really has his hands full with this bunch.
 

You rocked this recap Marta. What an episode. I fluctuated between EWWWW and ARGGHHH for the whole hour.

"What a dumb, stupid, insensitive man he is. I love the nickname MrCoward for him." Oh yeah, Sylvia. THAT!! I could NOT take those "love" scenes--just icky as the kids would say.

The triumvirate of The Queen of Darkness, Orangina and El Stupido are really going to try my patience in this TN. I'll need to invest in a throw away pillow I can beat to a pulp watching them.

Could not believe Carmina pulled out the "she's not your daughter". Anvil...please position yourself. Lord help me, that poor Elisa doesn't deserve that jerk as a father. I'm thinkg at this point Padre Lupe should just adopt them all. And Gael will realize he's possibly the lucky one in the group.

(Speaking of Gael--I had a lousy day yesterday. Wish I was 10 and got one of his comforting hugs--he's so good at it.)

Tonight, I will be prepared: pillow for punching, beanie for the crud these people are doling out and plenty of kleenex. And maybe a good stiff something for when it' s all over.
 

Marta: Marvelous. Period.

I would not have known where to begin with this sordid mess but you certainly did. As always. And, with a clear voice and sensitive touch. Gracias.

A few of my favorites were "her hair more Medusa like than ever…" and ..."Padre Lupe was about to fall backwards and I was about to yell ‘TIMMMBBEERRRRRRR!!!’.. but no, he took it standing". Poor Padre. I was waiting to see if the poor man had a stroke.

Color me dismayed and disheartened at the dastardly events of last night. Carmina's loathsome lie to Augusto about dear Elisa was an evil stroke of genius. ITA with you Sylvia, what a shocker.

As much as I hate Carmina and Fina, I think I hate Augusto more. Carmina and Fina are inherently evil, Augusto has made the choice to be. In the space of several days he has cast aside everything in his life he believed in and held sacred - his marriage, his wife and his child. Breaking his child's heart is to me unforgiveable.

Thank God for Blanca and Antonia. Stephe, I also loved Blanca's rant at Augie. Well deserved and then some, right?

UA, "those poor kids" is right. daisy ITA with "I'm thinkg at this point Padre Lupe should just adopt them all". Yup.

Remind me never to ask Gabino to hide anything. He throws the incriminating evidence in a drawer and stands a file up to "hide" them. Yeah, no one will ever look there for anything.

Off tomorrow, will look forward to catching up Monday.

Diana
 

thanks for comments everyone.
I agree that we have a 'who is more villain' contest ...
Blanca is just about as stupid as they come, and is super cruel to her son, super nasty to everyone else.
Carmina is the one who caused this whole mess, basically (well, it was Rosie but he is dead now).. and she would have been behind Fina in the villain UP UNTIL LAST NIGHT when she pulled that crap about Elisa not being Augie's daughter... that was PURE NASTY!!
and I agree with Diana, that Augusto is also filling the role of villain because he is quickly believing everything that tastes like Orange and totally throwing a perfect life away (had a loving wife, loving daughter, great friend, great family business, etc etc.. a perfect life) and because he CHOSE to believe ORangina and Fina, he is throwing it all away by CHOICE.

I LOVED the scenes with Damian picking up Elisa, helping her on the horse and riding away with her... I am surprised Gael didn't just go out running when Lolita told Padre Elisa had gone away.
 

Sylvia, loved the "you suck"/"no, YOU suck" theme. Such a high level of discourse. :)

I think Augie's got an Othello thing going on -- homely, married to a much younger woman, etc. Several remarks have been made about how he's ALWAYS been jealous -- so while he may have chosen to be a jerk, I don't think it happened overnight. Of course Iago the Orange knows just what buttons to push.
 

I agree with Stephe that the kids seem to mean nothing to the adults that should be most concerned with them... except Padre Lupe and Estefania, who is dead now...
paternity grade?
Rosie... well, he was a B+ until he decided to give it all up and leave Damian behind with that witch of a mother... so he went from B+ to F-
Fina... well she has been D- for the whole thing... she cares about Damian but shows it in ALL the WRONG ways...
Padre Lupe...awwww he is an A+++
Estefania was a perfect A+++, she did not mean to leave Elisa behind, she was going to be right back and she meant it.
Augie, or rather MrCoward... well, he was a B+ then all heck broke loose, he abandoned Elisa then he remembered her and was about to make a comeback to B+ but Orangina got there first and turned him into a F-- since he would rather believe all the manure that comes out of that rotten orange than be a parent for his daughter who just lost the one being who loved her most.
if anyone wants to move to a town where they can see 'how to be a parent', they better not have La Ermita on their list of possibilities.
 

Blue lass, you got a point, Augie has always had the JEALOUSY defect label... and Orangina, after living with them X amount of years, definitely knows what color strings to pull on him to make him dance to the tune she plays.
I am REALLY worried about Elisa... the only refuge she finds Lolita in the house, and Lucio and Blanca, her godparents... but how long are these folks going to survive MrCoward, the OrangePlague(Carm) and MrsObsessed(Fina)? that is a mighty storm to confront, and as time passes those folks will make the town more and more toxic for Elisa.
 

Thanks Marta, you really capture the energy in this episode... I'm almost breathless after reading your recap.

I'm not surprised at anything Carmina does or says. She's soulless and now desperate... not admirable, but a very efficient combination.

The thing that disturbs and annoys me most in this episode is Augusto rejecting any thought of DNA testing and yet summarily rejecting his daughter. What kind of twisted thinking is that?

I was surprised but pleased that the Dr. didn't reveal Carmina's pregnancy to Begoña. Way to go Doc.

Carlos
 

You all hit the nail on the head. I soooo agree.

And where Fina's concerned, there isn't a laxative big enough on the Yucatan to relieve her level of constipation. Where the heck did all that Eviltude come from??? I wonder if they will ever go back a little further into her background, and if so, what could possibly be there...
 

Stephe, i have a feeling they are painting Rosie as one who was forced to marry Fina (why? that's tbd) and then looked elsewhere for what he did not find at home... so she has dug her own hole... and if she is living a nightmare now, that is just the fruit she is sowing for a lifelong (at least over a decade) of spending all her time accusing and pursuing Rosie, trying to make him feel for her what he could not, especially once she became the obsessed compulsive 'make the nightmare for yourself even if it is not really there' dumb a__ she has become.
 

is anyone seeing on their email the recap i sent for ElTal for yesterday?
 

Marta, thanks for this detailed and snarky recap of a sad episode. I feel so bad for the little ones who have to deal with the idiocy of the adults!

Gynecology was not my specialty, but I wonder why in TNs the prodrome for pregnancy is always fainting. (All guys are kinda wannabe gynecologists. . .aren't they??)

Carmina surely has the upper hand in the sociopathic corner so far, neatly covering her pregnancy by Rosendo with a romp with Augusto, and in effect, getting rid of Elisa with the lie that she is not Augusto's daughter. This gal is one sick bitch.

And what about that great wedding night?

David
 

Marta- I see the El Tal e-mail and will post it now.
 

Marta-

Many thanks for all the details in this action packed episode. Alf is a crazy b*tch, but it's Augie's parenting that bugs me the most since he is withdrawing his love. Even Alf tells Damian that she loves him. Poor Elisa.

I have to give Orangina credit for masterfully manipulating the situation for her benefit. Well played. I am so waiting for the fireworks when somewhere down the line, 15 years/120 episodes or so from now, when Augie realizes he was WRONG, STUPID and has been had by Orangina. It would be too much to wish that Elisa refuses to forgive him, but I'm sure she will grow into a sweet, forgiving woman.
 

interesting that in the credits both Damian and Elisa wear the amulets that he had bought for his parents so i am guessing he will give her one tonight at some point.
 

I was also impressed by how the little actors went toe to toe with the old pro actors in their confrontation scenes. Even with slaps thrown in.
 

I am so waiting for the fireworks when somewhere down the line, 15 years/120 episodes or so from now, when Augie realizes he was WRONG, STUPID and has been had by Orangina. It would be too much to wish that Elisa refuses to forgive him, but I'm sure she will grow into a sweet, forgiving woman.

Vivi, i am afraid that if StupidCoward felt like shooting himself when he thought his wife had betrayed him, imagine how he will feel when he realizes his wife was an angel and his daughter has been suffering the consequences of his mistake for YEARS... i dont think we would get to a scene where Elisa can forgive him in person... he would either kill himself(since he realizes he dug his own demise) or be killed...
I don't really remember what happened to him in Canaveral so this is my guess based on what he was about to do with the 'betrayal' announcement.
 

can we put a bestseller book on 'how to slap your kids (and someone else's kids! ARGGHHH!!!) silly' on some online store? there seems to be some of that going last night and per previews into tonight's ep.
 

or rather how to slap your kids into going from loving you to hating you in the blink of an eye.
 

Marta:

Such detail in your recap and so much action in this episode! Wow, and thank you for all your work in capturing the story.

Others have already praised your comments but I have a few that I want to highlight.

Begonia is a malicious little beast but I did not understand this conversation:

"She makes him swear for his life he won’t tell a soul, not even his wife… he agrees." Why WOULD he tell his wife? What about confidentiality?

Marta, remember a couple of weeks ago you and I agreed that we could have been knocked over by a feather? Well, that's how I felt again last night, when after one roll in the hay, Augusto el Estupido goes out and marries his sister-in-law. Thank heavens for your detail or I would have thought that I missed something in the dialogue, but I swear the explanation just was not there. We went from "Move out of my house, to a bottle of apple juice, to a horizontal tango, to "I'm getting married in the morning. Dins-dong the bells are going to ring!...". There was no segue—was there???

And Marta, this scene broke my heart:

"Little Paloma and Elisa walking through town, she just doesn’t like her aunt Carmina, she does not want her living with them, she wants Paloma’s grandma to make it so that Carmina leaves and her mom comes back… (AWWWWWWW)" You really caught the longing in little Elisa's voice and face in that scene.

Well, this episode made me grumpy in so many ways. I must be getting into Abismo.

EJ
 

At one point in that terribly romantic (NOT) pre-wedding conversation, when Carmina asked if he wanted to change his mind, Augusto said he "would not go back on his word." So apparently he promised matrimony while he was drunk. (I'm picturing him sobby and remorseful after the rough trade.)

PLEASE get us out of suffering-kiddie-land and into gratuitous shirtlessness. I've had enough child abuse: BRING ON THE LOVE TRIANGLE/RHOMBUS/HEXAGON.
 

Diana:

ITA re: Augusto. Weak, vile, misogynist coward. Augie, I have some advice for you. "Anyone who immediately believes the worst of his partner should not be with that person. Either they have lost your trust through some misdeed(s) or you are unable to trust or love."

Augusto is the most horrid thing in our new TN. He makes my skin crawl.

EJ
 

PLEASE get us out of suffering-kiddie-land and into gratuitous shirtlessness. I've had enough child abuse: BRING ON THE LOVE TRIANGLE/RHOMBUS/HEXAGON.

ITA, if in order to watch these wonderful little actors at their craft we MUST WATCH THEM ENDURE SUCH ABUSE, then BRING ON THE ADULTS!!! at least watching ADULTS being accused and trying to defend themselves will not make us PARENTS in the audience scream and SUFFER along with the kids! STOP THE INSANITY PLEASE!!
 

I am looking forward to keep watching all 4 of these little actors grow on camera in front of our eyes and develop into the lead actors/actresses of the next generation... all 4 are MAH-VELOUS!!
 

there are some scenes i can't get myself to erase from my DVDR, like when Elisa is running, Gael after her, Paloma after Gael and Damian meets her and hugs her... awww. i won't be able to erase that 1 minute in a long time...
and also when Padre confronted Orangina in last night's ep... too good a scene... I have to give it to Sabinne, she could do a psycho selfish villainess and still deliver it in a slightly different 'angle' in every novela.
 

Thanks Blue Lass. I missed that comment from Augusto the Worthless.

I see. Mr Honorable PROMISED while drunk and incapacitated to marry the Orange Sociopath. That explains EVERYTHING!

I, too, am ready for the child abuse to end. I have plenty of material to use to explain the insecurities and neuroses of Elisa, Damian and Gael as they grow up in this Toxic town. Hell, after the childhood tragedies of these three (plus Paloma) we viewers will probably cut them a lot of slack in the stupid behavior department when they are young adults.

EJ
 

Marta:

Our comments just passed. We said the same thing in different words, I think.

Grin.

EJ
 

EJ, ITA about the 'plenty of material to explain the insecurities and neuroses (and i will add low self-esteem) of these kids as grown-ups...'
my 15 credit hrs in psychology while i got my engr degree should come in handy there... its all fairly fresh in my mind when i am watching novelas where we can analyze the characters with enough background information as these.
 

Super Marta, you live up to your name once again! This was terrific! I loved all the detail and your own clever asides. My favorite -- Lupe's reaction to the news of Orangina and MrCoward's nuptials:

"(I could see Padre Lupe was about to fall backwards and I was about to yell ‘TIMMMBBEERRRRRRR!!!’."

I guess MrCoward (perfect name, BTW) was acting in accordance with the slightly passé TN rule #693: You boink it, you buy it.

Where are the eavesdroppers when you really need them? Like when Lupe is yelling "We both know she (Este) wasn't Rosie's lover!"

As others have said, Blanca's telling MrCoward his verdades was a thing of beauty.

David,
Belatedly -- loved your Winston Churchill quotes. Thanks!

As for your comment today --

"Gynecology was not my specialty, but I wonder why in TNs the prodrome for pregnancy is always fainting."

Technically, the succubus's FIRST symptom was NAUSEA. Of course, since she was with Gabino at the time, it was easy to misinterpret it. [I was among those hoping that the subsequent faint was the result of a soon-to-be-fatal malady, one which might also explain orangeitude; I looked forward to the whites of her eyes turning lemony.]

Since the scenes in the credits only show three young women -- Paloma, Elisa and Altair's not yet introduced character -- I wonder if Carmina's pregnancy is doomed.
 

Oooo I hope she falls down the stairs...
 

That's so Blue Lass of you -- always thinking of your damned Bingo card!
 

I think I would want her to fall down the stairs even if it *weren't* on my bingo card. On the other hand, being eaten by jackals would also be nice. ;}
 

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a Staircase of Death in any of these homes.
 

Great recap Marta!

I should be studying for my test instead but I thought it was too wonderful to miss lol.

And you are all right. We needed something to explain the neuroses lol.

Jarocha
 

Marta:
OT
Teasing you regarding your psychology studies—Did you see the television commercials from the 1990's, "A mind is a terrible thing to waste?"

Hahahaha. My father, who was a NASA physicist and engineer, suggested that my doctoral studies in Psychology at UC Berkeley were less meaningful than basketweaving classes. In fact, he claimed, basketweaving was a more practical enterprise, because at least you can carry water in a well-woven basket.

Like Rodney Dangerfield, I didn't get a lot of respect for psychology at home. JAJAJAJAJAJA! Dad would have been SO much happier if I had become an engineer.

EJ
 

Blue Lass, Novela and Vivi:

Now girls, in Carmina's case I say that we do not need (except for Bingo) a staircase of death.

Sigh. There are (sadly) so many ways to die. I hear that cave diving in cenotes is quite dangerous. Also, it has been said that habaneros cover the taste of many strong poisons. A handful of childrens' marbles, strategically placed on a sidewalk in front of Father 'Lupe's church could cause a dreadful fall. Some have reported that overtanning not only gives one skin the texture of fine Cordoban leather but it can also case fatal skin cancers.

Carmina is written as a sociopath. I predict a dreadful end for her. We might just have to wait for a while, it only being the second week of the TN and all.

EJ
 

"Technically, the succubus's FIRST symptom was NAUSEA. Of course, since she was with Gabino at the time, it was easy to misinterpret it."

I am now mopping up my afternoon tea from my desk.

David--thought crossed my mind too on the fainting. I was having twins, and had severe anemia at the beginning, and I still never fainted, or even felt faint. I guess it's just one of those cues they figure we'll pick up on even if it's technically not very accurate.

I'll agree, that though I hate to lose these amazing young actors and their sweet faces, I want adult "children" that can start slapping back. ( Oh, and, like Blue Lass, the shirtless thing too.) Even in a fictional setting, I can't take abuse or ignore towards children.
 

of course that kid will not be born, and of course wie will have one of our fav kids, my guess is Elisa, blamed for the 'unborn baby'... that must be in a bingo card somewhere, right?
 

I want adult "children" that can start slapping back. ( Oh, and, like Blue Lass, the shirtless thing too.)
My sentiments exactly... LETS GET READY TO RUMBLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
 

What an incredible recap, Marta. Thanks so much for the fabulous detail. I was reminded of how much happened in this one hour episode. I wish Familia would tighten up like this. Great job!
 

Perhaps it will emerge that MrCoward's habaneros withered after Elisa was conceived. That would explain why Earth Mother Estefanía had no other children.

When the Succubus realizes she can't pin the pregnancy on MrC, she has to SOLVE THE PROBLEM. (Bringing her a few squares further along on the path to HELL.)
 

Thank you, Marta! Love your title suggestion. Somehow I don't think Orangina would get the same warm reception as sweet what's-er-name from that other show.

This show is hard to watch. I found myself hoping all the kids would run away and live on their own, Boxcar Children style. Well, Padre Loopy and Ramona could visit them from time to time, being careful to never disclose their location to the horrid ones.

Gael is such a sweetheart I think it will be painful to see him grown up and undoubtedly in unrequited love with Elisa.

That Instawedding just dropped my jaw to the floor. Ughusto is a never-ending source of bad decisions.
 

Marta-
Thank you for the great recap. Well done!

It was an action packed show. I love these children and will be very sad after we are despuesed. They are such awesome actors. I, too, am tired of the emotional abuse these kids are suffering.

The Orange One is the master of scheming. Just for telling McCoward that Elisa is probably Rosendo's, she better have a deliciously horrible end. (note: I know he is Mr. Coward by my brain wants to read that as McCoward)

Lucky Carmina that McCoward bedded her. Now she can claim the baby is McCoward's. Ugh......



Am I the only person who has a hard time with the word verification? Sometimes these are IMPOSSIBLE to read, IMO. I am know on my third try to prove I am not a robot. Gah!
 

BTW, a belated shout-out to the (fictional) Yucatan police for their non-investigation of the circumstances of a fatal accident involving two of the most prominent citizens of La Ermita.

No one even opened Rosie's suitcase. (Well if they had, they'd have found the names on the plane ticket -- and then they'd have to rewrite the whole novela.)

No one troubled to determine the direction in which the car was heading.

No one questioned the tracks left by Ramona's cart or even asked MrCoward if there were any witnesses.
 

Novela Maven:

Love your story line, esp. if by "Solve the problem," you mean that Carmina arranges for Disgusto to suffer an unfortunate accident.

Surely you don't mean that Orangina would off the doctor?

EJ
 

Doris, not only are you not the only one being driven crazy by these word verifications, but WE are not the only ones. I was on a completely different blog the other day, and its denizens were gnashing their teeth over the same thing. Why does it have to be so hard???
 

EJ, I mean that Orangina would commit the ultimate TN sin -- she would ABORT the pregnancy if it were a hindrance to her.
 

By the way, for those of you who like quotes, I believe I have found the Fundamental Theorem upon which the entire science of telenovelas is based:

"Women and money are the two most sought after and least understood of any two things we have." Will Rogers

Doris, I have trouble sometimes reading the verification words, but I may be part robot on my mother's side.

David
 

wow, Julia! where do i begin...
This show is hard to watch. I found myself hoping all the kids would run away and live on their own, Boxcar Children style. Well, Padre Loopy and Ramona could visit them from time to time, being careful to never disclose their location to the horrid ones.
I can see a whole new novela story that begins exactly the same way this one does... and we have Paloma and Gael joining Damian and Elisa, the 4some move to an undisclosed town, where Ramona, Padre Lupe, Lucio, Blanca and Lolita visit them often, (not together because that would raise all kinds of curious folks brows)
Elisa visits with her dead mom at an undisclosed broom closet (very much like in Papa Corazon or more recently Cuidado con el Angel novelas)... that way we can watch them interact and Elisa has her mom around... then we would have to come up with a different storyline in the time jump since BOTH Damian and Gael would grow up near Elisa and Paloma... but I like where that is heading...


Gael is such a sweetheart I think it will be painful to see him grown up and undoubtedly in unrequited love with Elisa.
ITA, and you can tell from previews that Mark T does a good job in portraying his pain once Damian is around and Elisa turns her attention to him...
and there will be another twist to the Gael story... i won't say more.

That Instawedding just dropped my jaw to the floor. Ughusto is a never-ending source of bad decisions. (good analogy!)
 

EJ:

"Carmina is written as a sociopath"

I don't know if she is being written as one or if Sabine is playing her like that. I didn't get that impression from Azela Robinson's take on the character but I think Carmina and Blanca are more extreme than their Cañaveral counterparts so it might be the direction they are going here.

Jarocha
 

I agree, Jarocha, in Canaveral the Carmina counterpart seemed to be acting constantly in survival mode, making things up as she went along, not ill intentioned as we ahve sociopath Carmina here.
 

OT but we had another earthquake this morning, only 5.4 this time, and we are probably going to surpass 100 aftershocks from tuesday's today, probably in a couple of hours.

It's been a weird couple of days.

Jarocha
 

That sounds absolutely nerve-wracking, Jarocha! Stay safe!

The news reports here are saying there was (amazingly) not much damage and few injuries. Is that true?
 

Marta:

"in Canaveral the Carmina counterpart seemed to be acting constantly in survival mode, making things up as she went along"

Yes, this was how I saw it too. She seemed to be a bit of a pathological liar and couldn't help but say the first thing that came to her mind to get out of trouble. The problem was that she ended up creating a mess that she was too coward to fix.

She was also desperate for happiness and hopelessly in love with the Augusto/Fausto character.

Jarocha
 

Julia: Yes, there were no reports of any serious injuries. Mexico City's building structures are well prepared for earthquakes so we have pretty good alarm systems and we are also well trained on how to respond so we stayed calm. The bad experience of a pretty bad earthquake in 1985 taught the country, but especially this city, how to prepare and respond in these cases.

Several houses were damaged in the rural areas of Guerrero and Oaxaca though, but no severe injuries yet.

Jarocha
 

Jarocha- Thanks for checking in. So glad that you are safe, and that so many were safe because the country actually learned its lesson from the 1985 quake.
 

Our hopes for you and everyone there Jarocha that everything quiets soon. Be safe.
 

Do these people have phones?

DNA/paternity tests? It is difficult to figure out which decade they're in.

Jarocha - I am glad you are allright after the earthquakes. I had seen the news story on our TV, after the first one. I remember the Big One of 1985 and how that brought about improved building codes in Mexico City.

marta I - I was thinking "Boxcar Children" last night, too!

Carmina the sociopath over CdP version--- Telerisa's motto must surely be "over the top, and as much as possible" with all their current remakes. I still haven't figured out who their demographic market is.... Mexico, the U.S., or Europe/Easter Europe.
 

Oops ... typo ... I meant Eastern Europe.
 

Marta, an amazing recap of a brain-bending, heart-rending episode. I agree, cowardly Augie has leapfrogged over Orangina and Fina in his weak-willed evil.

Painful to see the children be so completely disregarded. Their bond should be unbreakable (or will love and hormones cause a rupture?)

Jarocha, glad to hear you're alright.

La Paloma
 

Thank you all for your kind words. Things are quite normal here aside from those few shakes every now and then, so no need to worry :).

Doris:

"Do these people have phones?

DNA/paternity tests? It is difficult to figure out which decade they're in."

They should be in the late 90's if we are jumping to our characters in their 20's. Cañaveral's main was set in 1996 and going by the character's ages the backstory was probably set in 1983/1984, so I expect a simmilar time jump.

Jarocha
 

This makes me wonder if/how they plan to incorporate cell phones later in the story. People in small towns didn't have cell phones in the late 90's but these people should have them by now in 2012.

Jarocha
 

I'm not feeling sorry for Augusto. As I've said before, if he REALLY loved Estefania as a person and not as a trophy he would not have instantly and immediately believed Alfonsina's story that Rosendo & Estefania were having an affair.

And I can't feel his pain that Elisa might not be his child, because "Estefania was running around with Rosendo."

1) All ya gotta do is have a DNA test.

2) Even if Elisa IS Rosendo's child, Augusto raised her and loved her as if she were his own.

And why is Augusto so quick to believe lies about his wife and child? So, I do not feel sorry for him at all.
 

Good point about the police's non-investigation of the accident. And I think the Padre should adopt Elisa and Damaian. I'm still trying to figure out how he could be Fina's brother.

Ughgusto (love that one) will go insane when down the road he realizes he was lied to by Carmeany. And I don't disagree that she will somehow arrange to lose the baby and blame Elisa. That would be Mi Pecado all over again.
 

NovelaMaven said: Perhaps it will emerge that MrCoward's habaneros withered after Elisa was conceived. LOL! I wish. Oh how I wish! And I totally agree about the "police investigation" concerning the fatalities. I mean wow.

Rosendo and Estefy are blasted lucky that anyone even came to the accident site at all, the way things were going. Augie the Lame just up and left (the way he snatched Estefy and moved her regardless of any injuries she had from being THROWN FROM THE CAR would have killed her if the crash hadn't, gah), and the Three Stooges (Augie, Fina, and TangeloHo) just stood around the old homestead for I don't know how long a'wailing and a'weeping and letting the dead lay out in rain.

I'm still so pissed about how Elisa was treated in that scene, I can't see straight. As much as I love watching the kids, it will be a relief when they grow up. All this child abuse is just horrid. Elisa and Damian were completely ignored during the most terrible moment of their lives. Unforgivable.

Very glad you're safe, Jarocha.
 

Marta..this was clearly another one of your well-written, beautifully detailed recaps...but I couldn't read it. Last night's episode was so painful, reliving it was out of the question. Once Orangina started in to question Elise's paternity, it was over for me.

So, along with the rest of you, I'm ready for adult swagger and shirtlessness.

And Julia, thanks for "Uhgusto". Mike and Emilia and I had lunch today, when they passed thru Columbus, and among other things talked about how bright and funny you are.
 

Amazing recap, Marta!!! Well done, indeed.

I haven't watched many TN's since Teresa (my fave) but started watching Talisman (ugh) and Abismo caught my eye and I'm so glad it did. It is fantastic. I have to admit I'm still watching Talisman -- why? have no idea.

One observation I had from this episode: how did the good Dr. determine she was preggers? She still had on all her clothes when she came to. Did he figure this out by taking her pulse? Am I missing something?

And that sleazy bedroom scene with MrCoward and Orangina --- EEEEEWWWW!! so sleazy! eeek!

Kudos to all the recappers. This is going to be one heck of a story. Wheeeeeee!
 

P del B, The doc told Carmina he had done some studies while she was passed out -- among them presumably a serum, ie blood, pregnancy test.
 

This episode completely threw me off. Orangina telling Ughusto Elisa's not his daughter, then they later get cozy between the sheets(I shudder thinking about that!)and THEN getting married! That is exactly what Orangina wanted though. Supposedly she's in love with her cunado, and now she conveniently has a father for her baby.

I liked the scene where Damian hoisted Elisa up onto his horse and away they went. From the looks of the avances they are found rather quickly, because we see Damian being whisked off by his Wicked Witch of La Ermita mother. So does this mean the end of the child actors and the appearances of Angelique, David, Mark, and Livia? I'll miss the child actors, they are some of the more convincing ones.

Darn word verification! I spend more time figuring out the letters than I do typing up my comment...
 

"Technically, the succubus's FIRST symptom was NAUSEA. Of course, since she was with Gabino at the time, it was easy to misinterpret it."

I am now mopping up my afternoon tea from my desk.

LOL I would have too if i had not finished my coffee already.. great line NM!!! so true!!
 

Hi everyone, I'm so sorry I missed this fun and rousing conversation today. So many hilarious comments! You guys are a hoot.

I'll admit that when Disgusto and Carmeany showed up at brekkies and announced to Elisa they were getting married I did a rewind looking for meses despues. But NOOOOOO, it really was the next morning.

Based on Diana's analysis of Ughusto he is now at the top of my hate list, stupid, weak idiot that he is.

I agree with the diagnosis that McCoward's (can't decide which nickname I like best) habaneros have withered on the vine.

Jarocha, I heard about the subsequent earthquake on the news and thought about you. I'm glad to hear that you and your friends are OK.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder