Friday, March 09, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #155-156 Thu 3/8/12 If this is luck, I don’t want any.

*Pancho’s boudoir. Mood: intimate and uncomfortable.*
Pancho: Since we’re novios, let’s be bed buddies.
Chela: Hold yer horsies, buckaroo. How can I hop in the sack with you when I still feel guilty about my teenybopper crush on you that neither you nor my sister would have paid any mind to had you known about it, because who cares? But how did you not ditch Laurita for me, with my alluring clown makeup and saloon girl getup at your wedding? Let me blather on about my soul awhile.
Pancho’s face: This is boring.
*Casa Rebe. Mood: slimy.*
Rebe: You know I’m just snoozling you for spite, right? But qué the hey, I’ll drink the orange Kool-Aid.
IckyMicky: Works for me, bebeh.
*Upscale restaurant. Mood: not as romantic as Lidia would prefer.*
Lidia: DROOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL. ¡Eres lo máximo!
Enzo: Stop; you’re making me blush. Tell me about yourself.
Lidia: Blah blah Mike Mike Mike blah Rebeca blah Mike Mike Mike. Also, Graciela. But how ‘bout you and me?
{Anyone else find it telling that when she is asked about herself, she talks about IckyMicky?}
Enzo: You think we have a lot in common?
Lidia: DROOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!
*Another upscale restaurant. Mood: Fakey nicey.*
Inez: My near-death experienced changed me! Now I am not a bitter shrewish hag! Let’s forget the past and be besties!
Fernanda: Sure, sweetie, sure.
Inez: Also, I want to go eat, pray, love in Italy. Only you can run my business for me!
Fernanda: Actually, Pancho does all that these days.
Inez: Bwahahahaha! While she is in the loo, I will wave this bottle of poison all over and rant about killing her, then spike her drink!
Octavio: HEY THERE, Inez old bean! How nice of you to supply the condiments! Say, I hear the nosh in prison is to die for!
Inez: Drat.
*Enzo’s automobile, in front of Lidia’s hotel. Mood: Still not as romantic as Lidia would like, although the music is on her side.*
Lidia: Graaaaaciaaaassss. {Flutter, flutter, suggestive slow peck.}
Enzo: Eh.
*Restaurant.*
Police: You’re under arrest, Inez de la Borbolla!
Inez: Don’t you know who I am?
Police: Duh, I just said your name.
Fernanda: Why, Inez, why?
Inez: My husband’s feelings for you are your fault! I’ll get you, my pretty!
Fernanda: Octavio, mi amor! You saved my life!
*Next morning, café. Mood: shock.*
Orangatan: Look at the paper! Inez arrested!
Rebe: Gasp!
*Casa CandyBarbie, sin Candy. Mood: bleak.*
Concepción: Is there any news about Candy?
Vins: She called her brother and said she’s fine.
*Rustic dungeon cave. Mood: antagonistic.*
Deb: Here, call your family and loverboy and tell them you’re peachy keen.
Candy: What if I don’t wanna?
Deb beats the crap out of her own associate, just to demonstrate.
*Casa Lopez, breakfast table. Mood: upbeat. Only about 50 decibels.*
Pepe: Gotta go take my exam. ¡Que el mate no me mate!
Ana: I’m going back to school, too, but for some reason I can’t start again until next term. But the album is actually selling!
Chela: Yes, I hassle everyone about it when they just want to buy a new lipstick.
Candy, via phone: SOB! I’m fine! SOB! Absolutely great! SOB! Gotta go!
Everyone: ¡Hay gato encerrado!
*Avon. Mood: usual exec meeting mind vacation.*
Everyone: Qué the heck was Inez thinking?!
Lidia: She did try it once before. Also, I have discovered Avon’s line of swimwear!
Enzo: Someone better tell Pancho.
Everyone but Enzo: Not it!
Vins, into phone: Pina? You’re at the airport?! Sending the magic carpet ahora mismo!
*University.*
Moni: My mom wants me to go visit her. Ugh.
Pepe: Well, she is your mother. I can’t bring myself to check my test score on this publically posted list.
Moni: Lemme look. Ohhh… I’m so sorry… You passed!
Pepe: Wheeee! Steal the list for my scrapbook!
*Casa Lopez.*
Fernanda: The tests are in. It was potassium chloride. Octavio saved my life! I gotta go to the station.
Pancho: I’ll go with you!
Fernanda: You’d better go to work. Belle Face shares will be bargain basement on this news!
*Pancho’s office.*
Mendoza: Here’s a drawing of the woman from the security video.
Pancho: GASP! Cristián’s wife?! {They hadn’t considered that possibility?}
*Jail. Mood: hostile.*
Tomás, to sad cellmate: You’re still awaiting trial because you can’t afford freaking photocopies?!
Lead thug: I want money, lots and lots of money! Also, I have seen too many gang movies.
Tom: No.
Thug: Let’s discuss our incentive program. Here, have a toothbrush shiv to the gut.
Nice cellmate: Noooo! Help!
*Pancho’s office.*
Pancho, on phone: Lupita! It was Carla! Get over here and bring Pepe!
Enzo: Ya wanna get to the meeting any year now? Look! Belle Face’s shares have plummeted, but so have Avon’s, because of the merger talks!
Mendoza: Got any more of those yummy sandwiches?
*Casa Lopez. Mood: anxious.*
Ana: How’s the hot romance with my pops?
Chela: Ay, I don’t know. I have this niggling feeling an outside observer would find it weird, pathetic, and downright unromantic, if not a little creepy and totally ill-advised. But how about a happier topic? I’m worried about Candy. What if Napoleón has her?
Ana: Egad!
*Dank cave with magical hairstyle-preserving powers*
Deb: Here, get yourself all purdy in this fancy dress. Napo’s on his way!
*Avon conference room.*
Pancho: “(/$UJLDLF )((#//”!”&=$??”OWOEIUBR OIU¨W$/)(/”==)”(#up”#=)(“=nv iouippiuu!!!!!!!
Rebe: Calm down and shut up.
Pancho: shriekety shriek shriek blah blah blah y la manga del muerto. Also, I’m holding a press conference.
Vins: I do not approve.
Lamberto, on phone: Arnoldo! Hie thee to the conference room! We need a calm, mature adult!
Arnoldo: You called?
Pancho: Gimme a press conference! Now!
*Pancho’s office.*
Pepe, Moni, and Lupita: What’s happening? We know whodunit? Can we get Tomás out of the slammer now?
Mendoza: Whoa, whoa, whoa. What’s the rush, kids? There are sandwiches to be eaten at leisure.
Mendoza, on phone: What? Where is he?
Mendoza, to others, dead calm: Well, Tommy’s been seriously wounded. He’s in sick bay.
Lupita: ¿¡QUÉ!?
*Avon conference room.*
Arnold: It’ll take at least two hours to set up a press conference.
Pancho: ONE hour! Before the stock market closes! And write me up a brilliant press release while you’re making all the arrangements and the rest of us sit here shrieking pointlessly!
Vins: Oh, look, here’s your whole family! Where’s the band and the naco food? It’s a party!
Lupita: Daddy! Tommy’s in bad shape!
*Casa Irabién. Mood: pensive (damn, he was going for thoughtful).
Freddie: Oy. What to do? What to do?
Ding dong.
Ado: Hey, Ana! Guess what! La patrona’s coming home! Whoo-hooo!!!
Freddie: Ana, I know you’re all bummed and all, but the thing is, I have this opportunity…
Vins: Ana, any news about Candy?
*Avon conference room, sans Familia Lopez.*
Somehow everyone fights the urge to chuck Vins down the elevator shaft. He leaves, possibly sensing they may not fight it forever.
Lidia: Let’s have a private snoozle over here in the corner, Enzo. Or better yet, in my suite.
Enzo: Hmmm.
Cheez-It: Pancho is such a brilliant visionary, deciding to have a press conference to calm the shareholders! {Who are all these shareholders? Don’t Fernanda, Pina, and Vins hold most of the shares? Do Enzo and Arnoldo have any?}
Rebe: Oh, you Cheese Whiz! Way to recognize Pancho’s awesomeness!
Not-Better Cheddar: Let’s go to Miami ASAP.
*Jail.*
Even Tomás’s shirtlessness isn’t helping this New Luke. He’s unconscious. Lupita flashes back to Alex’s (QEPD) death. Dang, now I miss Alex all over again. Lupita prays and kisses Tom’s hand.
*Absurdly fake-looking cave.*
Deb: There, all fluffed and puffed. Let’s go.
*Teatro Morelos.*
The mafiamobiles park right in front and are joined by Napoleón’s motorcade. He steps out. EW! He’s like three times Candy’s age!
Candy: Whaddaya want?
Nappy: To be your genie in a bottle! I can make you a queen! Make your dreams come true! Fulfil your kinkiest fantasies!
Candy: What I want is for you to leave me alone!
*Sidewalk.*
Temo is trying to hawk CDs, but is getting no takers.
Ana: Temo, you are the best!
Temo: I haven’t actually sold any.
Meli cruises by in her royal chariot and Temo hurries to pack up. Slo-mo run and hug. Okay, enough already.
*Casa Irabién.*
Vins: PINA!!!!!!!
Turns out Yuyis and marido de Yuyis did in fact bite it.
Vins: What about Miniyuyis?
Pina: I want to get custody. She’ll live with us.
Vins: Well, with the rest of you.
Pina is sobbing very realistically.
Outside, Temo comforts a teary Meli, who works up what look like real tears.
*Jail.*
Tomás wakes up.
Lupita: Cristián’s wife did it! We’ll get you out of here! In the meantime, I will not leave your side, even for a minute!
Guard: Time’s up!
Lupita: Good thing you didn’t die! It would be weird copping a feel with a corpse!
Tomás: Almost like Madonna, you are like a Virgen! {Let’s assume he means in the religiously comforting sense. Though why the obsession with those ladies’ sexual inexperience to the point that it is how they are labeled forevermore, I will never understand.}
*Mafia Mansion. Mood: perturbed.*
Napoleón: I hired the orchestra just for you!
Candy: I hate classical music! Why would I want to be kidnapped for your stupid concert? Take your cheesy sentiments and shove them, Sappy Nappy!
*Casa Lopez*
Ana: Pollis might go to the U.S. I am friqueando!
Pancho, via phone: Tom is hurt!
Chela: Friqueando!
Ana: Friqueando more!
Temo: Meli’s parents died!
Well, that was calming.
*Casa Irabién.*
Vins is so nice to Pina, she’s perplexed and distracted from her grief.
*Pancho’s office.*
Fernanda: Try to stay calm.
Pancho: Have you even met me? I’m going to announce at the press conference that the merger is off.
Fernanda: I’d never tell you what to do or anything, but no. Now the merger suits us more than ever. Announce it’s a done deal; then the stock price will shoot back up. Only if you want to, of course.
*Avon lobby. Mood: cool.*
Lidia: Oh, hello there, Graciela. Did you perchance take note of the snoozly way in which Enzo and I were strolling?
Chela: Dislike.
Enzo: Good day, madam.
Chela: Good day, sir.
*Casa Irabién.*
Arnold: Oh, my! Isn’t this a surprisingly cozy scene?
Vins: This is a family snuggle only. Git out!
Pina: (YAWN) I’m so tired. I’ll call you later (wink, wink).
Pina, mentally: Oh. Em. Gee! Who to choose?!
Vins sweeps Pina into his arms and up the stairs.
Freddie: OMG.
*Camp Napo.*
Napoleón: Here´s one choice. You leave and return with Vins, and maybe he gets our special spa treatments. Your brother might get a little percussive massage as well.
Candy: Oy.
*Avon press conference.*
Pancho: Avon’s better than ever! Blah blah blah merger is still on!
Fernanda: Pancho is the best!
Rebe: Swoon!
*Pancho’s reception desk.*
Chela: Sooooo, Ketita! You probably hear a lot of gossip, huh! Anything on the grapevine about Rinaldi and what’s-er-guts? Not that I care, of course.
Ketita: Oooh la la!
*Lidia’s suite.*
Lidia: Let’s get drunk in the middle of the afternoon when we’re supposed to be dealing with a company crisis.
Enzo: Why are we doing this?
Lidia: Whatever flimsy excuse suits you. Are you picking up what I’m putting down yet? I’m wearing myself out with the hair tossing and leg crossing and suggestive comments and drooling.
Enzo: Oh, what the heck.
*Pancho’s office.*
Fernanda: Pancho is such a great orator!
Me: Are you deaf?
Fern: I have a good P.I. Maybe he can find Candy.
Me: And look how your missing child case is going. Are you sure he’s any good?
Pancho: I still think the medalla is a good clue. We need to find out how my parents got it.
*Casa Popular.*
Ana: The good news is, we know who killed Cris. The bad news is, your brother’s nearly dead. No, you can’t visit. Only one person could see him, so Lupita did.
Elena: Maldita Lupita!
Ana: Sure, blame her! This is all your fault! Also, it seems to me the wife was trying to kill BOTH of you! Think about that!
Elena: What is this word “think”?
Ana: Let me get you started: If you hadn’t been such a money-grubbing sleazebucket, those poor children wouldn’t be losing both their parents and your brother wouldn’t be dying!
*Mobster Mansion.*
Candy: Fine. For some reason I value Vins’s life, so I’ll tell him I’m in love with you and we’re getting married.
Crappy Nappy: BraVA. Ya gotta be convincing.
Candy: Oh, let me just tell you exactly HOW MUCH I love you.
Napo: Candy, mi amor!
*Casa Lopez.*
Pepe: Here, Lupita, take the magic medal and give it to Tomás.
Lupita: I prayed for him not to die like Alex.
Pepe: Woo-woo! Is that amor I hear?
Lupita: As if. I will never love again! I will wander the moors alone forever!
Pepe and Moni: Good grief. Not literally.
*Sidewalk in front of Cris’s home.*
Wifey Carla: Blasted dude left me alone with kids to care for!
She flashes back to going into the hotel room and seeing him dead on the floor. Carla snaps back as police cars surround her. She’s not excited about the field trip they want to take her on. She rants that this is a mistake.
*Avon.*
Lamberto: The paperwork is ready to be signed for the merger.
Pancho: No time. Gotta jet. Tomorrow.
Lamberto: It will probably be a disaster anyway.
*Avon elevator.*
Pancho and Chela: Are you jealous of how lovey-dovey we are?
Cheese Nips and Rebe: No, no, WE are SO HAPPY TOGETHER.
Pancho. Ha. Rebe looks miserable.
IckyMicky: SO HAPPY. We are going to live together in sexy, sexy Miami.
Pancho and Chela: Sounds dreamy. Too bad you won’t be as deliriously united as we will be.
Cheeto: I will ravish Rebe right here in the elevator if I can manage it, just to be obnoxious.

Labels:


Comments:
Omigosh Julia! This was so funny! Loved all the cheezy snack references and the dialogue "translations" were hilarious and spot on.

I don't care how nice Vins is, Pina can do better.
 

This is. one of my favorite recaps of all time.
 

Ditto what Sara and Melinama said. Julia, the was pure recapping gold! I could not stop laughing. LOL!

I also don't understand how the wife wasn't one of the first suspects, and how the lawyer didn't even know what she looked like and had to depend on Pancho's identification. But, hey, this is a "comedy" and comedies don't have to have logic.

Now, if only they would bring back a bit more comedy into our "comedy." I had to reach for my tissues multiple times last night-- Pina crying over her sister (although her faces to Freddy as Vince pawed her were hilarious); Meli crying; Lupita reliving Alex's death. Ya, basta!

One of my favorite moments last night was when Lidia was laying the compliments on thick with Enzo and he blushed, but then gave himself a couple of self satisfied kisses on the cheek. The guy does deserve an ego stroke. Let him enjoy it while Chela continues to live out her stupid Pancho fantasy.

It looks like that fantasy is already starting to be tarnished. I think that whole elevator scene showed Chela that Pancho's "relationship" with her has everything to do with his jealousy over Rebe and Mike. Hope Enzo isn't having too much fun with Lidia by the time Chela realizes what she passed up.

Poor Candy. Not sure how she'll get out of this mess, but maybe it will force her to grow up some.
 

I have to echo Melinama's line and say this is one of my favorite recaps of all time. And I have read some real gems as you know.

Great structure but I still have to point out a few delicious lines.

Pancho's boudoir. Mood: intimate and uncomfortable.
But que the hey, I'll drink the orange Kool-Aid.
Don't you know who I am? Police: Duh, I just said your name.
Are you picking up what I’m putting down yet? I’m wearing myself out with the hair tossing and leg crossing and suggestive comments and drooling.

Well, I could go on an on, but this was just a tour de force. Real Julia Genius. Thanks amiga.
 

OMG, Julia. This is terrific! I loved every line. The scene setting moods were clever. The title was spot on. And new nicknames -- Orangatan & CandyBarbie --

Pina's face was so funny as Vins kept pawing at her.

I like Temo& Meli together. I thought their scenes were cute - both the happy hug & the sobbing sharing.

Did you notice Vince's pirouettes as he exited the board meeting? Was there a hidden message in the music-- the Nutcracker???

Once again, Julia, thank you for an early morning chuckle. This was great.

Güera
 

Oh Julia this was priceless, I am still laughing. It was a really sad scene with Pina crying, but the faces she was making was priceless.

Glad that they know who killed Cristian. Now maybe Tomas will be released.

Sappy Nappy too funny. I like the actor, but Sappy Nappy could be Candy's GrandPaPa.

I agree I think Chela is having a lot of doubt. Before she would have jumped right into bed with Pancho, but who would have thought she would wait. Amazing.This is a rebound thing with all of them.

Inez going to jail was too funny. Loved how Octavio caught her right in the act.

Loved how Ana really gave it to Elena. Elena still thinks none of this is her fault, I wonder if she will ever get it.

Liked Temo and Meli too. It was very sad, but now she has someone her own age to commune with.

Liked the elevator scene with IckyMikey/Rebe, Pancho/Chela. So much regret there. Oh Enzzo, sigh.
Lidia is still all IckyMickey.

I too wonder how Candy is going to get out of this. I love how she is protecting Pancho and Vice, the two most important men in her life. I wonder what they can do to save her?
 

Julia I echo the other comments about the awesomeness of this recap. I particularly loved who you inserted yourself in the narrative!
 

Great recap! So sorry I missed the show last night! Seems like a lot happened. Will catch it tonight and for some flash backs.
 

Didn't Cristaian's wife also say that she walked in to find him already dead? Is there still more to this story?
 

Anon- It does seem that it could have been someone else that killed Cris. But at least with the wife's testimony, they'll know that Cris was dead and Elena was out cold, even before Tomas got there, making him innocent. I hope they don't drag out this mystery.
 

I think what killed Cris was hitting his head when he fell, not the drugs or someone finishing him off later. Maybe his wife (or someone else?) only meant to ruin his night, not to kill him. It did look like he was already dead when she walked in.

I'm so glad Pina is back. She nearly had me crying along with her, yet made me laugh an instant later. Step away, Vins. You don't deserve her.

Napoleon keeps using that word "love." I do not think it means what he thinks it means.
 

I haven't seen the episode where Cris bites it. So, what did the audience see? I thought his head got bashed in by a candle stick or something. So, he just fell and hit his head? Why did everyone jump to the murder conclusion?
 

Julia, let me add the 12 or 13th accolades. This was indeed the funniest recap I have read too. Just brilliant. We needed the pure comedy from you since the writers are not giving out anymore.

Is Familia going to be cancelled here because of the new starting Abyss?? I am still worried they will cancel the wrong bomb.

Does Napster really think the way to show love and adoration is to encase your loved one in a smarmy cave surrounded by threatening toughs? Apparently, since that is what he does. And the classic music scene was the funniest moment that didn't come from Julia's golden pen. Bravo, amigita, bravo.
 

Vivi, I saw Cristian hit his head in a flash back since I was'nt here for the original killing scene either. It is entirely possible that the coffee table clip was the blow that took him out. I hope Tomas gets out before they decide it was Elena's fault. She is at fault for being the most stupid character in the script. They are really sucking the life out of this drama. It is not especially characteristic of this story to work scenes too long.
 

Cheryl- Don't worry. It's El Talisman that is being moved to the daytime. Familia is still on during prime time, and is still TWO HOURS!
 

As I recall, Cris keeled over from the drugs, hitting his head and knocking the candlestick to the floor on the way down. The police didn't investigate too closely; Tom was caught running from the room and signed a confession. He looked dead when Elena was staring at him in horror and trying to call for help before she passed out, too. That was before anyone else had a chance to come in. I think it was an accidental murder. Manslaughter, I guess.

Fortunately, most plotlines in this show move pretty fast, so Tom should be out and reformed in no time. Maybe this will improve his attitude about his normal life.
 

Julia, thanks for all the laughs. Loved all the cheese snark, especially "Cheez-It." I loved all the beauties already pointed out, but also:

"Even Tomas shirtlessness isn't helping this New Luke. He's unconscious."

"Dark cave with magical hairstyle preserving powers."

"Maldita Lupita!"

That was very shabby treatment of Arnold at the Irabiens. Pina better do some damage-control quick.
 

Julia:

This was a wonderful recap. Superb, really. Loved how you treated L'Gran Orange—you made him sound self important and ridiculous—and he was.

There were so many wonderful lines, but my favorite was at the very beginning, "Pacho's boudoir. Mood: intimate and uncomfortable." Perfectly spoken.

I am sorry if I offend, but Chela is absurd to me. I can see why Enzzo likes her after dealing with whack-a$$ Violeta but she is so regressed with Pancho that it is nauseating. The foot bath, the overcooking, the incessant neediness.!Ya basta!

As you said, Julia, "It looks like that fantasy is already starting to be tarnished. I think that whole elevator scene showed Chela that Pancho's "relationship" with her has everything to do with his jealousy over Rebe and Mike."

Thanks, again, to you Julia, for a truly great recap and to all the UFCS recappers who have had to deal with the bullshi# two-hour programming slot.

EJ
 

Not offending me EJ. I'm right there with you!
 

Enzo deserves someone who's really into him and not hung up on someone else. Chela is a fool. I think he could do better (call me, Enzo!). However, she's the fool he wants, so I hope she comes to her senses.
 

With so much still left, I hope they write someone in who is worthy of Enzo.
 

Julia, that was fabulous! The only way to find any humor in this show any more is to make your own... and you did.

Regarding Cristian's death, I know he hit his head when he fell... but I didn't see any candlestick/lamp at that time. (Maybe I missed it.) But it was on the floor in the morning.

I'm not sure how the sketch artist was able to come up with such an accurate picture of her face, considering she was wearing a hat and big sunglasses.

I haven't seen the episode yet but will be working on the recap this afternoon.

And I'm REALLY disappointed that we'll still be doing two-hour episodes into the foreseeable future. I can't take much more of this.
 

Sorry, by "her" I meant Mrs. Cristian.
 

Sorry everyone,

Yet again I have been sidetracked about a thousand times trying to do the recap. It's not that difficult and it doesn't even take that long to do; in fact, it's half-written in my head already. I just haven't been able to settle down long enough to get it done.

I'll put the recap up tomorrow, but I'm going to have to consider how much longer I can do this. My heart just isn't in it any more. :-(
 

Totally understand, Julie. Whatever you can do; whenever you can do it. I'll be disappointed if you don't want to recap anymore, but I understand that, too. The two-hour epis are killer and life does intervene.

I'm not at all sure about the candlestick. I remember seeing it but now I don't know when in the timeline it appeared. Guess we'll find out eventually.
 

I remember the candlestick when Tomas picked it up and wiped it clean and put it back with the others. I don't recall the pool of blood by his head, until Tomas was cleaning that candlestick, I beleive there was blood on the candlestick and that is what Tomas wiped off.
 

Julie, I too am finding this schedule insane and infuriating. But I'd be heartbroken to lose you. I think we can survive by: watching the show less (I only watch two days a week now), relying on each others recaps to stay current, and remember - write only as much as you want.
 

I'd be heartbroken to quit, and I don't intend to. But this two hour stuff is just insane.

The recap is almost done. I'll post it in a bit.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder