Sunday, May 06, 2012

Telenovelas and Hulu (in HD, with CCs!)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, I sure didn't know about it. I hope it's okay to post this here. This is an easy, accessible way to catch up on your telenovela viewing. Often the episodes have HD and CCs. (But not always CCs.)

I did some screenshots from two telenovelas that we've covered here. Notice the HD (click on image to see full size) and the closed captions!

Click on image to see the FULL SIZE HD version. This is from Hulu.com's "most popular episode ever" of La que no podía amar. Cap. 35, as it happens. (I guess Hulu users are Rogelianas!)

A random episode (one of the more popular ones for Hulu) of Soy tú Dueña. Fernando Colunga in HD! (Again, click on image to see full HD image.)

I signed up for Hulu Plus (because I'm a fool) and that's when you get the HD. I don't know if the CCs are dependent on having a Hulu Plus account or not. I do know that before I signed up, it looked like they only had the last week or so of episodes (I only checked LQNPA at that point). When I signed up for Hulu Plus, all of a sudden all 90 episodes (that's what they said) of LQNPA were available, all in HD, most (but not all) with CCs. I also quickly checked and all of Teresa is on Hulu, as is La Fuerza del destino, Eva Luna, Una Familia Con Suerte, Abismo de Pasion, and I forget what else. If a show is currently airing (like LQNPA) they only have the episodes that have currently aired on Univision. So you can't watch ahead. However, they did have yesterday's (Friday's) episode of LQNPA.

This is great for if you miss an episode, or if you want to check out an old series (like Soy tú dueña or whatever) and follow our recaps here. No worrying about the episodes being taken down, as I think all of these episodes are ad-supported.

I watched these on my computer, but apparently you can get them on your iPod and other devices. I think the episodes are heavily copy-protected, so you'll have a hard time getting a copy for an unsupported device.

Here is the Latino section of Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/latino?src=topnav

Will update when I find out more, and if anyone else finds out something interesting, please let us know! :D

Labels:


Comments:
Great item Elvira. I use Hulu, now Hulu+, when I either miss all or some of the current TN I'm watching (or just want to rewatch--enjoying Sebastian R's classic meltdown on Teresa once again was wonderful to see). Hulu+ I like since you have the episode by the next morning and I just watch on my Kindle Fire.
 

Thanks for the info. I sometimes forget to record LQNPA and now I can catch up.
 

I also use Hulu+. I normally watch Telemundo (which is NOT on Hulu - darn!), but I've been watching La Fuerza del Destino. I'm about halfway through. Whenever there's a particularly good episode, I go back and read the recaps that are all labeled by Episode number (at least for that novela). I don't normally get anything in HD, so I really enjoy this. Now, if I couldn't only find a way to get Telemundo in HD!
 

Wow! Great find, Elvira!

I don't suppose they put up an episode before it airs on TV?
 

Julie, it's usually the day AFTER.
 

Wow what great information. Thank you so much. I missed the last episode of Zacatillo, I wonder if I can view it.
 

Thanks. Great info.
 

Yeah, I noticed that! So cool.

HULU is where I watch all of my Korean dramas, and I'm happier than a pig in slop that I can now see telenovelas in the same place.

"Teresa" (which I missed), here I come! ahahahaha
 

Aaah, I feared as much, Hombre. Oh well. It's still cool to have a second chance to watch those "very special episodes" that I have such a knack for missing! Thanks.
 

You guys are so lucky to live in the US. You can get so many nice channels and if that weren't enough you can watch video streaming in HD on Hulu and other sites.

In Brazil you only have 5 options of cable/satellite companies. None of them have channles in spanish much less Mexican soaps. And of course, we can't access Hulu or any other US video site. In the US you have plenty of DVRs and DVD recorders to choose from. They are so cheap anyone can buy one. In Brazil there is no such thing. You guys are so lucky and don't even know it.
 

Ah! Forgot to mention that broadband in Brazil is a joke! You can pay a fortune to have access to good download but no money gets you an upload that lets you share videos bigger than 10 minutes. Our postal service is horrible. You buy a DVD on Amazon and it takes 3 MONTHS to arrive here IF it ISN'T stolen by the postman himself!

Living in the US is a blessing! Try living in Brazil and you'll see what I mean. For instance, a Sony digital camera here costs R$800. The minimum monthly wage is R$500! Do the math!...
 

Ah! I like La Que No Podia Amar (I watch it on dailymotion). The author went crazy and made Rogelio do thin gs he wouldn't do. Oh well... things will get better...

Thanks for this blog. It's really entertaining!
 

Yes I use Hulu+ for the captions in spanish! Since I never end up catching a show when it airs on tv, its perfect for me
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder