Friday, May 11, 2012

Una Familia Con Suerte #245-246 Thu 5/10/12 Fernanda sings her swan song, dressed as a flamingo.


Happy fun repeat of wedding dancing and horsetacular departure.

Lo nuevo:

Alone, in a quiet room…
Moni: I still love you and always will. Say, nice jewelry. I sincerely hope you will end up very happy with Frida even though you’re only marrying her out of spite.
Pepe: That is totally not how it is (and if I say it enough, maybe I can convince myself).
Moni: If you say so. Lemme give you a kiss goodbye. SWAK! Aha! You do still love me! Good luck with Frida.
Pepe: Crap, now what?

Babypalooza…
Fernanda: What sweet babies you are! Abue loves you, although your parents seem a little indifferent, what with their not bothering to think up names for you and all. Say, why did those nutjobs make the nursery spin?
Pancho, RebeJr, RebeSr: Oh noes! Fernanda is sick!

Da hood…
Pep boy: Well, that was a lovely time, even though my sisters had to break up your stupid fight.
Frida: Love ya.
Pepe: I love you, too.
Frida: Thanks, liar.
Pepe: Crap, now what?

Honeymoon heaven…
Enzo: I have a secret, and I’m not going to tell you!
Chela: Whatever. Paquito needs a sister. Let’s get to it, bombon.

The room of doom…
Pancho: Let’s go to the hospital!
Fernanda: No! I want to die here! I’m sick of the hospital set! Gather the family round and promise you won’t run Avon into the ground!
Doc Oc: It’s been wonderful, mi amor.
Fernanda: I’m so sorry I’m leaving you alone.

Afterglow…
Enzo: Salud, mi amor! Do not answer that phone!
Chela: They know we’re on our honeymoon; they wouldn’t call if it weren’t important… Egad! Doña Fer is dying!

Big house…
Vile Vice, alone: ‘Bout time you croaked, old thing.
Rest of family: Sob! Don’t die!

Pina’s place…
Pina and Sebastián: slurp smack swak slobber
Ado: Wooo-hoooo!!!
Pina: Good NIGHT, Voyeuración.
Ado: Looks like you’ll be having a BETTER night.
Pina: Good idea. Off we go, Sebas.

She isn’t resting in peace yet; she’s still smelling the sulfur…
Vice: How dare you not give me everything I ever wanted and don’t deserve, you mean old witch! You’re lucky you won’t live to see me ruin that upstart Pancho!
Fernanda: I will not allow it! All your problems are your own fault, you selfish greedy loveless ingrate! Okay, enough of you. Bring back the people who actually love me so I can say goodbye.

Fernanda says sweet things to everyone individually…well, she doesn’t get to Chela, Enzo, Candy, or MamaRebe, but maybe she didn’t have anything to say to them…and then that’s that. Everyone sobs. Long scene of Doc Oc saying goodbye, in which you can totally see Fernanda breathing. She moves her eyes a little, too. I know, I should pretend I don’t see it, but I don’t want to dwell on the dying. Rebe comes and reassures Doc Oc that they are his family and he isn’t left alone.

Outside…
Vile Vice: Now’s my chance, while he’s all weak and vulnerable, bwahahahaha!!!

Next day…funeral home…everyone in black and looking blue…
Pancho gives a short tribute which is nice and yet somehow manages to be more about him than about Fernanda.
Frida doesn’t let the circumstances stop her from being nasty and jealous of Moni, although they do refrain from brawling on the coffin. Moni hugs Pepe longer than Frida finds necessary and reminds Pepe that she loves him.
Freddy also hugs Ana, but for once Adrián isn’t hanging on her like a barnacle and snarling at Freddy.

Vice’s Avon lair…
Señor Don David: Dude, I can walk through the lobby and corridors of Avon with a cartoon face and not be stopped. Disabling the security cameras and using the distraction of a fire alarm to shuffle millions of monies into an offshore account and make it look like Pancho did it is a piece of cake.
Vice: Awesome. Now let’s just stroll out, whistling and looking all nonchalant and totally innocent.
So the lights are flashing and the alarms sounding and the sprinklers soaking everything, and Vice and Señor Don David are in the server room working the black magic. Yeah, no one will be suspect Vice, even though pretty much everyone else is at the funeral. Cartoonface takes the opportunity to shake more money out of Vice. Too bad Tomás isn’t on security detail now!

Back at the house…
Fernanda joins Laurita in the family shrine. It’s handy how the shrine is right next to the bar. Also, that is a freakishly nonreflective mirror behind the bar. What is that supposed to be?

Casa ChelaEnzo…
Enzo: I still have a surprise for you! But I’m still not telling you! It’s in Monterrey.
Chela: Okay, I’ll go find out tomorrow.

Restaurant…
Freddy: Bad form not to go to the funeral, Dads.
Vice: I hate dead people. Plus, los Lopez. Yuck.
Freddy: Enough. Boo, Ana is marrying that barnacle.
Vice: Bummer, dude. What’s the scene with Karina?
Freddy: Baby went buh-bye. So that’s that.
Vice: No baby! Hello, Ana! Go for it!

Casa Pina…
Ado: Soooo, Sebas…how was it?!?!
Sebas: None of your beeswax, you adorable weirdo.
Pina: Get lost, Ado dear.

Restaurant…
Freddy: How is it you were so desperate to be with Candy, and then it’s over, just like that?
Vice: When the chase is over, the thrill is gone. Gotta find fresh meat.
Freddy: Ew. So you’ve found new prey?
Vice: Nah, just a little snack of roadkill here and there.
Freddy: So why are you so giddy?
Vice: Bwahahahahaha!!! Er, I mean, no reason.

Lovey dovey supportive Pancho and Rebe scene. Those babies are so cute.

Avon…where somehow everything is not soaked…
And we learn that the property Pancho bought actually has four separate homes. One is Lupita’s guardería (has anyone been working there lately?), one is Chacho’s place, one is Tomas’s, and one is empty. He offers it to Pina for the Pipa foundation.

Monterrey…
Enzo presents to Chela the beautiful and huge palace he has bought for them. It even seems to come with pets! She does not seem sufficiently thrilled. I’ll take it and you, Enzo.

Casa Lopez…
Ana: Get lost, corn hair! I’m not interested in anything you have to say!
Kari: I just want Freddy to be happy. He loves you.
Ana: Well, that train has left the station!
Kari: I lost the baby!
Ana: Oh, no! What happened? That’s so sad! Why did you tell me this?
Kari: Truly, I want Freddy to be happy.

Building K…
Pepe: This episode needs some perking up, so here I am answering the door in a towel.
Moni: Now that is a view I can appreciate! Oopsie, dropped my keys down there by my shapely gams. Be a dear and pick them up? I brought breakfast.
Peppy: I’ll run get dressed.
Moni: No need.

Avon…
Lamberto: There’s been a fraud!
Pancho: Gasp!
Lamby: Yep, lots o’dough, off to vacation in the Caymans. And it looks like you did it.
Pancho: That’s ridiculous! Why would I steal from myself? Wait a minute…Iracheta!

Monterrey mansion…
Chela: Ummm…it’s nice and all, but who said I wanted to move to Monterrey?
Enzo: I’ve missed you so much! And I really like the job here. I don’t have to spend the whole day listening to Vice whine.
Chela: But we should make big decisions like this together!
Enzo: Fine, I’ll just sell the house then. Pout.

Telephony…
Ana: Freddy, I can’t believe you sent corn hair to tell me about the baby!
Freddy: I did no such thing! Hello?!

Avon…
Pancho: How dare you!
Vice: Who, me? I am so sweet and innocent!
Pancho: You are not fooling anyone! Look at this!
Vice: Wow! You stole a lot of money!
Pancho: AAAAAARRRRRGHHHHH!!!!

Building K…
Moni: You’re so much like your father, which I am contractually obligated to say because Pancho Lopez is the source of all goodness and must be praised at every opportunity. Yet fortunately you are not that much like him, so I love you and find you attractive.
Pepe: Fab. So, why are you here?
Moni: Just want to see how you’re holding up. So, are you really going to marry Frida? Do you love her?
Pepe: Of course!
Moni: You’re a terrible liar. Let me feel you up whilst reminding you that you love me me me.
Pepe: What are you doing?
Moni: Seducing you. Is it working?
Pepe: Yep.

PIPA headquarters/guardería…
Sebas: Great place, but stupid name for your charity.
Pina: Whatever. It’s going to be awesome.
Sebas: We gotta go. Avon emergency.
Pina: Well, the mascara will have to clump a minute longer. Ana, are you really going to marry that barnacle? Freddy loves you. Give him another chance.

Babyville…
Rebe Sr: I really like Pablo, but I’m suspicious. Why is a young guy into an old thing like me?
Rebe Jr: I want to meet him.
Rebe Sr: Hey, babies! Want to meet your new stepgrandpa?

Monterrey, telecom office…
Enzo: Why are you still talking? I’ll sell the house. Grr. But I’m too busy to talk about it.
Chela: I’m not mad about the house; I’m annoyed that you made the decision without talking to me!
Enzo: I said I’d sell it! I’m busy!
Chela: You’re not listening to me! We’ll move here! It’s horrible being separated!
Enzo: Yay!

Avon…
Pancho: It had to have been Vice! He’s out to get me!
Sebas: But how did he get into the account? It isn’t easy to do. And it’s a lot of money, more than anyone would expect to steal without it being noticed.
Pancho: We need an auditor to look into it.
Sebas: We have to move fast, before someone accuses you of embezzling it.

Building K, lovey dovey afterglow…
Moni: Ahhhh. We cannot be separated.
Doorbell: Ring!
Moni: Do not answer that!
Peppy: I have never seen a telenovela, so I think it’s probably a neighbor.
Frida: Dartañan! SMOOCH!
Pepe: Gulp.
Frida: Breakfast for two… a purse… AHA! I accuse La Francesa, in the bedroom, with the…lead pipe, let’s say.
Pepe: Calm down, okay?
Frida: Have you met me?
Moni: Whoa there, Tasmanian devil. I will just wrap myself in the sheet and step aside whilst my lover and his fiancée wrestle in my bed.

Casa Lopez…
Rebe: Hola, Pablo. What exactly are your intentions? My mother is very enthusiastic about your relationship.
Pablo: Me, too.
Rebe: I doubt it.

Building K…
Pepe’s forehead is bleeding and he’s got Frida in a headlock, with his legs wrapped around her. Moni leaves them alone for a chat.
Frida: Do you even remember that we are engaged? You just run right over here to fall in bed with her?
Pepe: I’m really sorry for hurting you.
Frida: I am heartbroken!
In the sala, on phone…
Moni: Daddy, that’s great that Chela and the baby are moving into the royal palace in Monterrey! What’s also great is that we are not on videophone!
Enzo: Yay, we will all live together!
Moni: Er, I am not going to be moving to Monterrey. It would make my renewed boinkage with Pepe so much less convenient.

Guardería garden…oh good, Lupita seems to have other adults working there…
Lupita: What’s wrong, Ana?
Ana: I don’t know what to do! Kari told me the baby is difunto!

Building K…
Frida: This is all my fault. I knew you were only with me to spite la francesa. Do not try to comfort me! Goodbye! This is not over! Slam!
Pepe: Well, that was a disaster. I should probably be less impulsive. Moni, will you forgive me for how I treated you?
Moni: You’ll have to work really hard for it.
Pepe: Getting started right now, smooch.

Avances: Vice is vile, yet Candy kisses him. Pancho is arrested.

Labels:


Comments:
Oh, Julia you are in rare form tonight. I hate that Dona Fer is dead, and Vice what a horrible so and so. I did like how they all said goodbye to her. Doc Oc looks so lost, poor guy, but I know Pancho and familia will take care of him.

The Moni, Pepe, Frida thing, oh, my. Loved your comment about Pepe in that towel and how Moni accidently on purpose dropped those keys lol. You could just tell where that was going. Frida, can't stand her, she just should have left. I really thought she knocked Pepe out.

I really like the nicknames that Pina comes up with for Ado. Voyeracion is a new one, too funny.

I would take Enzzo and that house too. It was beautiful, reminds me of old Southern Plantations in Louisiana.

I like how Pina has changed. I like the work dynamic her and Pancho have. And Sebastian he can trust as much as Enzzo.

And Kari coming to talk to Ana, who knew. Maybe she finally woke up, listened to Freddy yesterday, and decided he really does love Ana. Good for her. Better than Frida that's for sure, even though Pepe should have not agreed to marry Frida. I am glad Moni and Pepe are together again. They have some things to work out though.

I don't like this fraud thing and Pancho being arrested. I hope Vice roasts in you know where.
 

Sorry for kind of glossing over Fernanda's death and funeral. It was too sad, and I was in no mood. Descanse en paz, Doña Fer.

I didn't really like that Pepe hooked up with Moni again BEFORE breaking things off with Frida, but oh, well. At least that farce is over now. I do want Frida to find someone good who loves her back. Maybe after she goes shopping for some dignity.

If Enzo and Chela are going to be living the high life in Monterrey, maybe Pepe and Moni should move into their Toluca house.
 

Julia, your recap is absolutely brilliant. I think this is a great format for dealing with the two hour episodes. Good grief they go on forever.

I'm cool with you glossing over Doña Fer's death. Those funeral scenes are usually interminable.

I thought it was funny how Chela was so miffed at Enzo buying the house, yet she happily made all the wedding arrangements without including him. I think she's kind of a control freak which is understandable.

Thanks again Julia. Well done.
 

Well, thanks to my DVR doing something weird, I missed this episode, which was too bad. I kind of got the jist from the recap, but there were a few scenes that in Mexico were said to be pretty special, so I wanted to know if you guys thought the same.
They were the scenes with Dona Fernanda dying.

One of the reasons these scenes were said to be special was because they were Alicia Rodriguez's last scenes as an actress.
Alicia Rodriguez told the media that this would be her last show and that she was retiring from acting. Upon her retirement, it was said that there was a huge tribute to her in Mexico with Juan Osorio, not only in charge, but also as MC.
I think Rodriguez said in an interview that Osorio called her specifically to play this character. Too bad I missed the end.
What sorts of things or words of wisdom did she give the family, especially Pancho and Rebeca?
 

Loved this recap! It was concise and snarky.

I'm so glad that Moni made her move. Sorry Frida -- but you knew what you were getting into. I wonder what mischief she has planned. She is not going down without a fight. But she's a good kid underneath and she'll come around. I hope they find a new galan for her.

Thanks, JPC, for the info about Fernanda's goodbye being the actress' real swan song. It makes those long blessings even more poignant.

Güera
 

Julia...another gem. Yes, this format is perfect for these interminable double episodes, but it takes a really clever, witty person to pull it off, and that is clearly you m'dear.

I saw part of this and was relieved to see Fernanda in a little less makeup for her swan song. She looked much more beautiful without that wretched fire engine red lipstick and über-heavy black eyeliner. I found her wrinkles and creases quite real and beautiful in their naturalness.

The over-arching message was really hammered home again. FAMILY IS EVERYTHING. And sticking together will get you through the worst in life. The assembled Lopez family was very loud in their grief and I was relieved when Octavio asked for a little time alone with his dear departed wife.

And amused to see that the home in Merida appears to be the same one (with a new set of paint) as the manse in Sortilegio. And the red façade of the Lopez home is just like the façade of the auntie's house in Llena de Amor. Good way to use old footage I guess.

JP, Fernanda basically gave a little bit of advice to each person..."follow your heart, it will never lead you wrong", "love each other", "do your best" etc. and made the sign of the cross over each one. Temo was incredibly loud in his grief...really over the top, even for him, but he looked genuinely upset. I'm not a Temo fan but he really brings it, energy-wise.

Once we got to Vins and his rat-a-tat style with the weird cartoon hacker I called it a day.
 

PS Great title also. Such a clever play on words.
 

Julia this was wonderful. Your wit and humor really show through in this style. I'm also glad you glossed over Dona Fer's death.

Vice is horrible. I wonder if he'll go to jail for all of his antics and being a jerk in general.
 

Thanks so much Julia. I was sad to see Fernanda go, but I really felt bad for Doc Oc. I hope he lets the family take care of him.

I can't even talk about Vince. His a**holishness has reached new limits. Not even the death of his aunt was enough to move him. I almost want something to happen to Fred, since he is the other person (besides himself) that Vince cares about.

Good for Moni seducing Pepe back. Not like it was really hard. Frida just needs to collect her dignity and move on.
 

"with the…lead pipe, let’s say." Hahahaha!

That makes twice that Enzo bought a house without consulting Chela. Granted they were two excellent choices, but maybe she'd like to have a say in where she lives!

And yes, Temo was way too loud.
 

JP - someone posted elsewhere on Caray over the weekend that you can catch episodes you missed on Hulu Plus. That might be a way you can see Fernanda's grand exit (she really did a good job).
 

I was sure that this was one of those no real villain pieces where everyone would be rehabilitated in the end. I thought that somewhere, sometime, someone would get through to him that he is the cause of all his own problems. I actually thought that Candy scored that point with him once. -- But he is really going too far now. I couldn't believe the way he taunted Fernanda as she lay dying by letting her know that he was going to destroy Pancho. What a cad!

Güera
 

Julia

I read your post to 3 of my guys here at the job, and we cannot stop laughing. I wanted to say thank you. For a loooonnnnggg TN, you just perked it up, especially with the sadness of losing Dona Fer. But I guess it had to happen for Vince to become Vince Dastardly, but at least this time Enzo is not Muttley.
 

I can't even guess what will happen to Vice. Being mean to one's mother is normally an automatic death sentence in a telenovela; Fernanda wasn't Vice's mother, but she was his generous benefactor, allowing him to use Avon's coffers for all of his personal expenses. I figure that ought to count for something.

So I won't be shocked if something very bad happens to him.

If this were a true comedy, I'd expect him to be rehabilitated, but this "comedy" has made several trips to the ugly well already and it'll probably make a few more.

For Candy's sake (since she's already been widowed by a felon) I'd still PREFER that he had some kind of epiphany; but unless he comes down with Nice Guy Flu or something, I don't see how it could happen.

Oh! Maybe this would be a good time for him to get that form of short-term-memory amnesia. If he can never remember his wife, she'll never go stale on him and he'll never lose interest!
 

OMG Julie -- love it!
 

Julia - awesome recap. My favorite line: "I have never seen a telenovela so it's probably a neighbor."

Can't believe Vince was so heartless with Dona Fer. No happy ending for him.
 

Julia, I want to hire you to recap my life. It would be sooooo much more interesting.
 

I'd love to, Blue Lass. I'll follow you around, Intrepid Reporter-style, and write it up with ample commentary. It will be much more interesting than my own life.

I think Vicente might be beyond hope, too. I suspect he may end up poor and alone, having alienated everyone who cared about him. After all his raging on about Pancho not deserving power and riches, it seems only fair that it be beat into him that he doesn't deserve them and furthermore is not as ENTITLED to them as he would like to think.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder