Thursday, May 10, 2012

El Talismán #72 Thu 5/10/12 Friqueando en Fresno


El Tal: Friqui Camila, Friqui Sarita

Pedro is detailing to Camila his alternate Plan B for everybody’s life, in which he and Mariana adopt Santiago, which gives Camila another chance to say “¿¿QUÉ??” really loud. She tells him this is not the brightest idea he has ever had, which is saying a lot.

Out on the lawn, Sarita is screeching to the Padre about Gabriel’s lack of enthusiasm for her Barbie Dream House Wedding. Margarito tries to interrupt, but Sarita is totally plotzing and won’t let him leave. Finally the Padre disentangles himself by promising to speak very firmly to Gab, and Margarito drags him off to intervene in the latest Pedro-Camila dustup.

Gabriel has a bro-talk with Juancho over a manly wheelbarrow full of stuff. He confesses that he’s feeling pressured to marry Sarita. Juancho asks if she’s preggers -- well, no. Then what’s the big deal? Gab explains that the Padre was like a father to both of them at the orphanage, which makes the whole thing sound kind of incestuous, but anyway, his opinion counts big and he doesn’t think he can go against it. Juancho observes that he’s in a world of hurt, then, isn’t he?

Apartamento Bermudez: Friqui Mariana, Friqui Elvira

Manuel has pulled out his Headshrinking Your Pretend Daughter handbook and is leading Mariana through some kind of senseless visualization exercise. He walks her through opening the little suitcase…seeing the baby clothes…taking them out…then he asks her if she “senses a living being near her.” Dude, that’s not a therapy session; it’s a séance. Apparently Mariana thinks so too, and she jumps up off the couch chittering that she doesn’t want to remember, doesn’t want to know, doesn’t care who she was before – Daddy, can’t we just go back to LA? I want to be Magaly again! Maybe he skipped to the past-life regression chapter.  

Next he tries to get her into some art therapy, but all she comes up with is a piece of typing paper covered with squiggles in number-two pencil. He could at least have given her some crayons, jeez. Her disappointing artwork gets her so overwrought that he has to sedate her. Then he bops off to his real job and leaves her alone, virtually guaranteeing that someone crazy will come knockin’.

Sure enough, ding-dong: it’s Elvira! She starts off only half-crazed and manages to squeak out a coherent sentence or two about how Mariana owes her money, but Mariana isn’t buying it. I don’t even know who *I* am, she says, so how am I supposed to know who *you* are? Elvira starts panting and rolling her eyes. I’m your adoptive father’s ex-girlfriend, she says – at least I was until my ratty sister broke us up! I thought it was the other way around, Mariana replies calmly. That sedative is really working for her. Elvira cycles through a colorful series of marmot-calls before Mariana finally tells her to leave or she will call the police.

Abogados de los Negrete: Non-Friqui Lucrezia, Which Is Friqui in Itself

The lawyer asks Lucrezia a lot of pointed questions about whether she is signing over her portion of El Traz of her own free will, whether she is under any compulsion, etc. Amazingly she appears dramatically less crazy than usual, so the lawyer has no choice but to approve the transfer. Tonio is pleased.

Lucrezia reminds her brother that his part of this deal is to separate Pedro from “those two witches.” Hmm, let’s see: when Tonio started “helping” her Pedro had less than one actual 3-D wife, and now he has two. Not only are things not resolved, but they don’t even seem to be moving in the right direction. Think, girl.

El Traz: Friqui Pig

Pigorio’s been popping the poison pills at an even higher frequency than usual, and it’s not going well. He topples sideways on the bed and sends Val for a doctor, but Val goes right to Tonio, who says that no doctor crosses the threshold without his express approval.

Meanwhile, Doris flaps into her daughters’ room and makes some vague maternal noises. Fabi tells her Tonio threatened to send her away, and Doris points out that she is menor de edad and can’t be sent anywhere without her mother’s approval. The girls say they want to come and live with Doris, but she makes excuses and flaps away again. Fabi tells Flo that clearly Mom is not an option; they’ll have to make other plans.

Police Station: Friqui Santiago

The social worker tells Santi that they are working on finding him some nice foster parents who actually know how many people they are married to. Santi is hysterical, and not in a good way. Hell no, he won’t go! He only wants Pedro and Margarito! Remind me: why does anybody want to adopt this kid? He appears to have no personality whatsoever and he makes a lot of noise.

Oficina Star-Crossed: Friqui María

Manuel sidles up to María – well, frontals up, actually – and plants a nice hot kiss on her. She doesn’t exactly kiss him back, but she doesn’t exactly resist either. I still love you, he tells her, as much as I did the first time I saw you – and don’t deny it, you love me, too! She says she doesn’t deny it, but she doesn’t want to talk about love. She made a promise to her sister. What promise? She breaks away and runs out the door. Then they both wander around for a while talking out loud to themselves, which is a great advertisement for the psychiatric services at The Only Hospital in Fresno.

Manuel’s maunderings are interrupted by Raúl, who dashes in to have a quick conversation about how cute it is that Manuel’s trying to win María back and oh, by the way, I’m Mariana’s godfather and Pigorio killed her baby. (Now was that so hard? We couldn’t have done this a little sooner, maybe?) Then my captions say [SONIDO DE BIPPER] and he runs off.

Avance:

Lucrezia is threatening to kill Camila, but for which of the many available reasons is not clear. [Yawn.]

Labels:


Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

I just finished watching today's episode and what a treat to find this snappy hilarious recap waiting for me here. My favorite line:

"He walks her through opening the little suitcase…seeing the baby clothes…taking them out…then he asks her if she “senses a living being near her.” Dude, that’s not a therapy session; it’s a séance.

Elvira was especially entertaining. The day off must have been good for her because she brought her A game today. Her meeting with a befuddled Mariana was such a hoot.

The best line of the episode belonged to Doris as she hurried off after a motherly chat with her daughters:

"¡Besos, Espiritu Santo, amén, a dormir temprano!"

Warm, motherly, and to the point.

Bravo, Doris. You're my candidate for mother of the year.

Am I the only one a little creeped out by Dr. Bermúdez?

A prediction:

Angel will pursue Sarita... but will he score?

Carlos
 

Thanks Blue Lass for this wonderful recap, Madame Gasbag will just not give up on EL CHEQUE. I hated her squeals and trying to put one over on Mariana. Glad Mariana stood her ground.

Loved the kiss of Dr. Maria and Dr. Manuel, it was sweet, but ended too soon darn it. I think Maria should break that promise To Madame Gasbag and just go for it.

So Val has switched sides I see, Tonio told him to look at him, he is the only PATRON at Alcatrash. So maybe Pigorio will die now, unless someone else (maybe the Piglet) can save him.

Lucrazy I thought was actually being more sane than usual, but now with the advances, hum , not so much.
 

Oh, I didn't like Sarita this epi, and I don't like what is going on with Gabe either. They used to have such a stable relationship.

Glad Dr. Raul told Dr Manuel about Mariana. Hopefully Mariana sees Dr Raul soon and maybe something will come back to her.
 

Madelaine, you and I saw that kiss quit differently. I thought that Manuel was being a bit overly-aggressive and I thought the he was somewhat pushy with Mariana, too. Tonight I thought his demeanor was almost sinister... not warm at all.

Carlos
 

Pretty Friquin Good, Blue!

Loved:
-whole thing sounds kind of incestuous
-Elvira cycles through a colorful series of marmot-calls
-Before she started helping Pedro had less than one 3D wife, now he has two. Think girl!

So funny you mentioned how Doris flapped in. I kept thinking how much she looked like a butterfly flitting around with an amputated wing.

I also share your sentiments about Santiago. I want to like him. I want to care. But he is so screechy. This can't be the same cute Andrecito from CME, it just can't.

Quien es Juancho? Did they hire him to replace Carlito?

Thanks again. What a treat to come home to!

Rosemary la Otra
 

Carlos, I kind of agree about the kiss, but she didn't push him away, jus' sayin' and I agree with you about him being way too aggressive with Mariana. I wonder if he thinks if he pushes her hard enough she will remember something. He has been handling her with kid gloves so far, I hope maybe Dr. Raul can help her more. Carlos, I wonder what that was that Dr. Manuel did with Mariana, it wasn't hypnotism, really but maybe being in a calm place where she could focus maybe on that suitcase. That does hold the key to alot of her memories about the baby.
 

About the kiss: Maria didn't even pucker. She was so stiff. He kept trying to get her to warm up, but she has too many scruples for her own good. It would be sad if she missed out on true love out of loyalty to her crazy sister.

What bothered me most about the therapy session was that Mariana put her cowboy boots on the beautiful couch!
 

Rosemary la Otra you are too funny about the cowboy boots lol.

You are right Maria didn't even pucker, I don't know if she expected him to kiss her or not. I really think she needs to kick Madame Gasbag to the curb and Madame needs to get a job, like Julia said the other day, so she could stop looking for, wait for it, MI CHEQUE! lol. I bet El Viral would try to sell ice water to the devil.
 

Doris is the best. She just has very efficient maternal instincts. The anti-helicopter parent and still better than Antonio.

But not as much fun as Elvira. She could've demanded a job and sense of purpose, but went for the check instead. Consistant at least. What happened to Rita? I'd ask about Renato but I don't care. These women are more interesting.

Kelly
 

Hey Blue Lass, what a romping fun recap. My favorite line: "Elvira cycles through a colorful series of marmot-calls before Mariana finally tells her to leave or she will call the police."

I thought Elvira was really on her game in this episode. I loved her looks of bewilderment when Mariana asked her logical questions. Yet it didn't take her long to find her crazy again.

Sarita honey, you have a great relationship now. Why change it?? Well, if Angel makes a play for her maybe it will make Gabriel jealous and he and Sarita can come to some sort of agreement.

Second favorite line: "oh, by the way, I’m Mariana’s godfather and Pigorio killed her baby. (Now was that so hard? We couldn’t have done this a little sooner, maybe?)" Oh if only it were so easy! He could have extrapolated a bit if only his bipper hadn't gone off.

Carlos, I can't decide if I'm put off by Dr. Bermudez or not. His groping of Maria is completely inappropriate at work. However this is a telenovela so...

Blue Lass, your Frigueando in Fresno theme is a hoot and absolutely perfect for this episode. Well done.
 

I guess I missed Gabriel telling Sarita he was not wanting to get married. What did he say to her? Are they broken up? I agree with Sylvia that jealousy over Angel could make Gabe change his mind about monogomy pretty quick. However, I thought Angel would go for Flor.
 

RlaO- Gabe and Sarita are not broken up. Padre caught them en flagrante and insisted they get married. Sarita wants to Gabe doesn't cause he isn't ready. I too think Angel will go for Flor, he hinted at it a couple of epi's ago.
 

Also, I think Armando asked Angel if he liked Flor and Angel said yes, but he needed to get to know someone better before starting a relationship. (Unlike *some* people Armando!) Angel is not ready to commit, so sensible.
 

Thanks so much Blue Lass. Like Sylvia I loved your "oh, by the way, I’m Mariana’s godfather and Pigorio killed her baby. (Now was that so hard? We couldn’t have done this a little sooner, maybe?)" Yes they should have done it much earlier but at least its out there now.

I hope the writers don't allow Tony to kill the Pig. Though I know TN rules would prevent a good character, Mariana, from killing a bad character (but Juan Soler's character did kill Auggie in self-defense), I want to see her testimony but him in jail. Then one of the jailhouse thugs can take him out.
 

Cap'n you are so right. I think the most level headed people on the *hot mess of a TN* is Maria, Angel and Dr. Raul. The rest of them have one sort of problem or another. I like how Angel looked at Flor, you can tell her likes her, but unlike Armando is taking his time. I wonder if there will be another jaunt into Alcatrash with these two? And ya know Angel is always the one that suggests it. lol.

I don't want Tony to kill the Pig either, and besides we need to snark on *this Pig* some more. I think it would be better if he paid for all of his sins along with Valentin in a prison with a gang like El Jeffe from LFDD.
 

Karen you are right, I really don't think Mariana is going to kill him, but when she remembers there will be hell to pay in one way or another.

I'm wondering since I didn't see much of the start of this TN, I couldn't stomach the beating Mariana took, does Tonio the Beltbuckle know what his Pig of a Papa did to her? It would explain alot about his wanting to kill the Pig besides wanting all of Alcatrash.
 

Off topic, I just watched a hilarious movie, Blue Demon contra las diabólicas (1968), starring Ana Martin (with big red hair) and David Reynoso, Pigorio's real-life dad. He sounded and looked so much like Pigorio I had to look it up. What a scream.
 

I am doing today's recap (Friday) and it will be up sometime tomorrow (Saturday).

Cap'n that movie sounds like a gas. I have to check it out.
 

Thanks for the great welcome back, everybody! We had a big storm and lost our internet *right* after I posted, so I'm just getting caught up now...

Carlos, I agree that Manuel gave off a kind of creepy vibe in this epi. Hopefully it's just temporary.

R la O, Juancho is sort of a spare peon that's been on the edges of the action for a while. I think they just drag him in when they need a conversation partner.

I, too, missed whatever explains how Sarita found out Gabe wasn't so keen. But I couldn't get to Wednesday's epi, so maybe it was then.
 

Blue Lass, lucky for us you were able to post before you lost your internet!

Looks like I will be taking off right after today's episode so I'll catch up on today's recap sometime on Sunday.
 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but in answer to your question Madelaine I think Tony knows his Dad did it. Mariana thought that once she got pregnant, Tony would divorce his wife (when will these poor TN women learn). She later finds out Tony's plan was to knock her up so he could get El Tal b/c the child would be the sole heir; she confronts him, he grabs her face and they break up. Enter Pedro as husband.

Bottom line, since Tony didn't love Mariana, he didn't seem to care that his father murdered his child. He seems to directed his anger at Pedro.
 

Blue Lass,

"...Juancho is sort of a spare peon..."

Does that mean that we may get to see another Ford explode?

Carlos
 

Well, Carlos, I guess it depends on how many they can spare. ;}
 

I hope they don't get any extra tías, though.
 

Thank you so much Karen, yeah I missed about two weeks of this TN and didn't know what happened with Tonio and Mariana after she lost the baby. He seemed to care so much for his girls, at the time, I thought he would have cared about the baby too, but I see it was a means to an end. And his anger is misplaced against Pedro, but that has to do with El Talisman. I still want the Pig to have a horrible demise.
 

Oh, and Cameela too, that's one thing that is strange. I thought at first he wanted to get El Tal from her too, but she doesn't have El Tal anymore, so I guess he likes women he can never have.
 

Working on Friday's recap now. It will be up sometime this evening. Sorry for the wait. Had to recap UFCS too.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder