Tuesday, June 05, 2012

El Talismán #90 Tue 6/5/12 The Return of Rita and Rennie and Who Shivs a Git about the Rest?



Recap by Rosemary la Otra

Camila has her ear to Lu's door.  She hears Antonio say that in order to bring Lu back from the dead, they'll say she lost her memory.  “Like Mariana?” Lu asks.  Antonio gets up to leave so Camila faces the plants and faceplants.

The door is ajar so Camila sneaks a peek startling Lu.  Oops, Camila faceplants again just before Lu gets to the door to look out.  She is met by Valentin with the food.  She blames him for spying on her.  He denies it, but she is convinced someone was out there.

Camila runs away through the peacock field, showing another advantage tall women have:   they don't have to wear spiked heels as their daily casual walk-around-an-hacienda footwear.   Mumbling her disbelief that Lu is alive, she is dizzy, praying for help and trying desperately to get back before Belt realizes she's gone.  She runs into Valentin who asks if she's been out to the empty cabanas.  She pleads ignorance (so basically Camila being Camila) saying no, she was only out for a short walk.  He tells her to be careful, lots of dangerous animals (Has there been a death by peacock attack yet in any of the telenovelas?)

Pedro is filling Manuel in on Santiago's activities with Mariana.  Manuel says he is not ordinarily a vengeful person, but now...  Pedro explains how the Negrete's have gotten away with so many crimes because nobody dares cross them.  Manuel combs his fingers through his hair channeling his not-so-handsome-brother-of-Juan-Soler-look and says “Well, that's over!”.  Super Pedro sides with Mighty Manuel while Reasonable Maria encourages them to not take risks. They talk about having a funeral.

Doris is recommending Pig stay calm, don't worry about Antonio.  “How can I not worry about him when I know he is trying to trip me up?”  “Don't worry.  Antonio is busy trying to get back Camila.”  She presses TB+50 for an explanation as to what he was doing last night.  He says “I told you, I was at the Fres-Ho House”.  She says she doesn't believe him.

In walks Pancho with a genuine Kool-Aid pitcher and Pig's Bigger/Faster/Stronger meds.  Pig says he needs them so he can give Antonio a fight.

Antonio gets a call from Dr. Doh-mo that Pig should be completely paralyzed in less than 2 weeks.  Good!  Since WE won't be here in 2 weeks, and want to see this!

Antonio goes storming into Camila's empty room with Doris on his heels taunting him with “Ah, she abandoned you?”

You know that tingling you get when you sit with your legs crossed too long?  Well, Pig has it big time. Pancho reminds him the doc said to expect this side effect. “Give it a few days and you'll feel like a champion.” Pig oinks “I hope so because I'd rather die than be left paralyzed.”  LOL

Flor's baaaaack and pulls up in her car just as the primos pull up in theirs.  They say they came to visit Camila.  Flor is sweet with them and says “Make yourselves at home”.  As if, in that place. They follow her in.

Domitila dressed like a lemon is sour to Tracy dressed like a lime.  “Don't be mean.  Tell me what's going on.  Is Camila okay?”  Just then Belt barges in with a “Where's my wife?”.  They say last they saw, she was in her room.  Here comes Camila in the nick of time. He gets mad and she retorts that she is his wife, not his prisoner.  Oh ya?  He says she needs to ask permission before leaving her room.  He grabs her and is pulling her along when Armando, Angel and Flor hear the daily obligatory “Suelteme”. Army is concerned and tries to defend his sister. A heated exchange between the youngens and Belt occurs. Camila talks everyone down saying she's fine.  Belt tells them to all mind their business and, when alone with Camila, commends her for “behaving”.  She says she only did it so he wouldn't hurt her brother.  He said “I'm glad you know I can hurt all the ones you love, especially your baby.”

Have you ever wondered whatever happened to those One-Hour Fotomats?  Well, they do One-Hour Funerals now.  There is Padre conducting a service.  Santiago's got the trembling mouth thing down. This is sad.

Elvira sighting!  She walks in unannounced to Maria's office.  Maria is at the funeral so just her assistant is there.
        Elv – Is she with Dr. Manuel?
        Asst. - I'm sorry, I can't give you that information.  You may leave a message.
        Elv – Let me ask you something.  Mi hermana y Manuel....are they happy?
        Asst. - perplexed
        Elv – (in a huff) Ah, you don't have to answer me. 
    LOL

The funeral is over and the aforementioned happy couple are standing about talking about getting married sooner than later.  Reasonable Maria says “okay, but let's wait for this to go away”.  (Grief?  The coffin?)  Also, she needs to tell Elvira.

Santiago is telling Pedro that he saw Camila.  He says they are trying to find out if Lu is alive.  Pedro doesn't want them to get involved. He asks Santiago to promise he won't go to Alcatraz anymore.  Santiago honestly says he cannot make that promise as Camila is expecting his help.  Ahhhhhh.

The pig is feeling a bit better and saying he doesn't have time to lie around.  But let's hope he has time to talk to Captain Bomber Jacket (does this count as one of UA's men in uniform?) who just showed up to question him.  He tells him of Mariana's death and that he has proof  Pig was the last to see her alive (does Luminol work on grease splatters too?). Pig says the one you need to question is Pedro.  He gets rid of the women who love him.  Look what he did to my daughter.  First solve my daughter's murder, then we'll talk about Mariana.

Out comes Belt after berating Camila and asks what's going on.  The captain said he came about Mariana.  Belt's loose lips say “we don't know anything about how she died”.  Captain says “I just now told your father she'd died.  How did you know?”   Antonio quickly covers his arse with a reply of overhearing workers gossiping and we're done here.  The captain leaves with the threat of a subpoena.

Valentin goes running back to Lu saying he didn't see anybody but Camila on the grounds, and she was up closer to the house. Why is he so loyal to this kook even after she popped him over the head with that Festivus Pole, or rainstick, or  whatever it was?

Elvira is sitting in a chair contemplating why Manuel couldn't be happy with her, like he is with Maria. The doorbell rings.  It's RENNIE!!!  Elvira gets overly dramatic and he tells her to calm down.  He just wants the divorce.  (Please please please get back together!  Look into each others eyes and see the promise (if not the dollar signs) of what you saw before.)(Think how enjoyable these last 2 weeks would be if we had a Renvira coupling.)

And now, as an added bonus, here's RITA!!!  She's wearing a cute swimming suit cover as a dress and opening the door to Dr. Doh-mo. They have an interesting proposal to discuss.  It involves getting money from Elvira!!!  LOL  LOL

Rennie is offering Elvira his apartment in exchange for a divorce.  He says he's tired of Fresno (ain't we all?).  All she'd have to do is pay the rest of his mortgage for one year, and she'd own that apartment. Elvira balks at this.
      Ren – Okay, well even if we don't get divorced you cease to exist to me.
      Elv – Oh , so you can run around with other women?
      Ren – No, so I can marry Rita.    (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
      Elv – Con tu sobrina? 
      Ren – No, she is not my niece.  She is the woman I love.

Elvira struggles for breath, then goes ballistic.  “YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS!” 

Back with Rita, she's asking Dr. Doh “Oh btw, did that handsome Antonio ever hire you for your medical services?  And does that include killing people?”  “Yes and yes”, says Dr. Doh, “but in Pig's case, he is a bad guy so I am doing the world a favor by speeding up his death.”  LOL!  

Back at El Tal, Pedro is talking to Margarito when a 20 watt energy saver light bulb turns on.  “I bet Antonio blackmailed Camila into marrying him.”  Duh!!!!!!!!  He thinks he'll go talk to Elvira.  Sigh.

Los Dos Hogs (not to be confused with Dos Hogares) are in Hog I's study.  Hog II is telling Papa Hog to calm down and don't worry about the police.  It's not like Papa had anything to do with Mariana's death.  Hog I says “Callate, Pancho, you don't know anything.” Pancho's all “huh?”.  Hog I says “Listen, Pancho, would you want to know if I had something to do with her death?”  Pancho scurries away with church music blasting in his head.

Lime Tracy comes to visit Camila, who gives her una carta for Santiago, but don't ask any questions. Tracy delivers it as promised.  It reads:  “It's true, Lucrecia is in the cabins at the end of Alcatraz.  Please tell Pedro.”

On the way back, Tracy sees Shattered Pancho who only wants a hug.

Santiago runs to tell Pedro that Lu is alive.  Pedro shows up at the cabana just as Lu is freaking out about being caged up.  Pedro says “The dead one is not dead.  She's more alive than ever.”

Recap by Rosemary la Otra          Posted by Blue Lass

Avances:
Lu is happy to see Pedro.  Pedro sets up a meeting with Belt and Camila and introduces his new novia, Lu.

Labels:


Comments:
Ai, amiga -- a virtuosa effort. So many delights, but I'll limit myself to my top three:

“Camila faces the plants and faceplants.”

“Manuel combs his fingers through his hair channeling his not-so-handsome-brother-of-Juan-Soler-look.”

“Reasonable Maria says ‘Okay, but let's wait for this to go away.’ (Grief? The coffin?)”

And really, those peacocks are freaking me out. At one point I even thought I saw a small gnu skulking around in the avocado grove. It's like Alice in Wonderland on crack.
 

I love your title!!! OK I have to read the recap now. I watched the episode and I've been dying to comment.
 

Nice! I was hoping to hear more about the lions and tigers and bears roaming around Fresno, but whatever. Doubt the sheep are all that dangerous but maybe Blue Lass's gnu is mad at his agent too and looking to take it out on someone.

But now we know why there we didn't see Claudio's and Tia Patty's funeral. It was too fast. We were too busy rolling our eyes at what everyone else was doing and missed it.

Kelly
 

R la O, this was a super, and super-hilarious recap. You simply MUST continue recapping somewhere, somehow.

"Domitila dressed like a lemon is sour to Tracy dressed like a lime." Snort! That's funny. "One-hour funerals", double snort!!

I liked when Valentin warned Camila about the dangerous animals. I was thinking cows, or that gnu, Camila in uncharacteristic sarcasm asked "vipers?" But I definitely like the attack by peacock idea. They are certainly assaulting our ears!

Manuel and Juan Soler...how about Manuel and Emilio Estevez? They look an awful lot alike too.

Pig would rather die than be paralyzed. Hee, be careful what you wish for TB!

Kudos to Panchito for not wanting to hear what Papa Hog did to Mariana. But a real man would have asked and then taken the proper steps. Oh well, baby steps for Panchito. For now a big hug from Tracy will have to do. I'm confident Panchito will eventually do the right thing, especially if it involves food. Maybe if Santiago is his little bro he can marry Tracy and she can cook for both of them happily ever after.

Thanks again Rosemary!
 

Kelly, thank you for the explanation on Patty and Claudio's funerals. It makes total sense.
 

Oh, and stupid Rennie, he almost had Elvira until he mentioned wanting to marry Rita. Stupid Rennie and Stupid Elvira really do deserve each other, LOL!! Wait until Rita hears about Ren's newest FUBAR, she's going to blow a gasket.
 

Gracias a mi amiga azul otra vez for posting this for me. Alice in Wonderland on crack! lol. Without giving away my finale poem, let me just say you almost nailed it!

Sylvia - love your comments! This actually was a fun episode. I thought the whole Rennie, Elvira, Rita, Dr. Dohmo scenes were hysterical. And I don't think it's in comparison. They really were funny!

Kelly - sorry, no lions and tigers and bears, but we can go with peacocks and gnus and vipers, oh my.
 

I forgot to say I also love Blue Lass's comment about Alice in Wonderland on crack. And here I was all these years thinking they were on magic mushrooms. Good grief I'm old school!!

I had to laugh at Doc Doh Mo being miffed that Rita did not give him props for being a real doc (once), while in the same breath he blithely commented that yes, he would kill El Pig for the good of mankind. This TN is getting quite hilarious in is final daze, er days.
 

Congratulations, RLO, what a fun episode to recap and you made it a fun read. Just when we thought Rennie and Rita were gone for good, here they are again. Bravo!

Others have already posted my favorites, but I liked the crack about tall women don't have to wear spiked heels for walking around the hacienda. Even so, Camila running wasn't as fast as Valentin walking.

Remember in Young Frankenstein how Igor kept popping up unexpectedly? I thought of him when Valentin showed up in front of Camila, even though they were both coming from the same direction.

Yep, we want to see the inglorious end to El TB+50. I dunno, he still seems overall pretty healthy to me, but let's go with the flow here.

Yesterday I commented that Arm & Ang didn't want to go to El Alkie because they weren't welcome there. I said it wasn't like they could walk right up and ring the doorbell and go in--and dam* if they didn't!

Antonio is losing it. First he tells Camila not to consort with the servants and now he's blaming the servants for not knowing where she is. Can't have it both ways, buddy.

Loved the One-Hour Funerals. Maybe they'll have a Special for Don Gregorio--a Ten Minute Funeral.

Loved the 20 watt energy saver light bulb turns on. Poor Pedro he really has been a dunce through most of this tn. At least Santiago delivered the note safely and Pedro read it. This tells us we really *are* getting to the end. Fifty episodes ago, Santiago would have lost it or someone would have taken it away from him and burned it in an ashtray.

No one will believe this, but my word verification (besides a photo of no. 4) is--and I swear--nucheque. It must be Elvira trying anywhich way she can to get that check including sending telepathic messages to us through Google. Alas, we can't help you, dear Elvira.

Anita
 

Nucheque? NUCHEQUE? OMG I'm laughing so hard right now. It is a sign. Of what I don't know. I'm hiding my check book and I suggest you all do the same!
 

Nucheque? As in: the old cheque didn't go through, I need a nucheque? Excellent word verification!

I didn't think of that with Valentin, but he did end up in front of Camila even though he was just getting to Lu's when she was leaving. Odd. What a good comparison: Igor. Wasn't your hump on the other side?

50 episodes ago not only would Santiago have lost the check or what have you, but we would have had to watch it over and over. Remember how they used to repeat scenes? Now they are just throwing it at us.

I swear if this whole show had focused more on the Rita/ Rennie/ Elvira shenanigans, it would have been a hit. Did anyone else besides me raise both their hands in a "Yes" pose when it was Rennie at the door?

I feel so guilty getting this episode when Pobre Azul got Mariana shot through the heart and rolled in a blanket.

R la O
 

It should have been Pig-in-a-Blanket!
 

Haha! Good one, Sylvia!

I was feeling sad for the actors, especially after Blue said they were talking about them even on the Spanish blogs.

It's like that poor basketball team that is down by 40 but they just keep playing because they have to. I really think most of these actors, especially Aaron, Rafa, and Julieta deserved better. I don't know how Aaron is seemingly keeping up his good attitude. I guess it's called professionalism. I wouldn't know.

Off to bed and hoping none of us have any scary peacock dreams.

Thanks for the laughs.
 

G'night Rosemary.

I think the actors will be OK. After all, the show must go on. You're right, it is professionalism and teamwork.

When Elvira answered the door and was SHOCKED to see Rennie I wondered, do they not have peepholes for their doors? And if not can they not ask "Who is it?" Sheesh. Idiots.

Julia, your locks aren't doing any good without the peepholes. Are they just not installing them?
 

Thank you so much RlaO for this great recap. I so agree with the Cap'n that you should continue recapping. This whole recap was so funny, I was cracking up.

At least they had a funeral for Mariana. I thought it would never happen.

I laughed so hard when Rennie showed up at the Virus' and told her Rita wasn't his neice and he wanted to marry her lol. And of course she screeched like crazy. I wonder if "Doc" Doh-mo knows about the previous plot with the Prince of Darkness to poison the Pig's pills with the help of the Virus. I smell a little chantaje. lol.

Now Pedro grows the avacadoes, what took him so long??? And Santiago he had them all along. What a great kid. But I swear he does look like the Pig.

And El Capitan, sigh, I really like him. I loved how he didn't back down from the Pig. And the supoena, good deal. I hope they send the forensics team to Altrash. Unfortunely, luminol doesn't pick up bacon grease, but blood oh, yeah. She didn't bleed much though did she? Oh, and I think it may pick up sperm, yew. I just thought of that. Too much law and order I think.

The only animals at Altrash to be afraid of are the Pig and The Prince of Darkness and Valentin. What was that with him running to Ms Crazy. He tells her everything.

Oh, and RlaO love your title it is so perfect.

Oh, and Anita, I too laughed at your word verification too funny. I am with the Cap'n I hid my checkbook lol.
 

RlaO
Scream of A recap recap, girl. You had me in stitches. Who gnu? OK, I want us to compile a list of your comments regarding Rita's dresses, right from the first, where I believe I recall you commented, "I think she forgot her pants." This time you have got her in a swim suit cover up.

With the lemon and lime, gnus and peacocks and one hour funeral processing this was social commentary as much as recap.

Thanks again, Rosemary. I am waiting for you out here at Swan Winery.

La Infanta Azul
I didn't know that ET was being slammed in the
Spanish speaking blogs. Which do you read?
 

Hi EJ, don't remember where I saw it, but I was desperately hunting online for any inside information on when the final would be, and I came across a Spanish chat board. Someone said it was in últimos capítulos, and the first response was YA ERA HORA!!!! It went downhill from there.

Thanks for the sympathy, R la O. I'll take it. :)
 

Thanks, Madelaine for the kind remarks. I'm glad you got a roar, too, when Rennie showed up. Too funny!

With my joke about if Luminol picked up bacon grease splatters too, I was wondering just what evidence they have that Pig was the last one to see Mariana. Is it Santiago's testimony?

Who gnu? Really, EJ? We're gonna go there? lol Loved your label of "social commentary". I'll wear it!

I thought of you and Sylvia this morning while watching the news. Looks like SLC will finally be getting a Trader Joes! Now you need to remind me what we were talking about that was so good there. Alas, I will not be able to buy Two Buck Chuck, as Utah's liquor laws don't allow that sin.

So, I guess we'll have to meet at Swan's. I actually spoke with my Cousin Sandy a while back and she said she'd love to take us on a tour, but the wine testing room is just a metal shed her dad and his step sons put up in one afternoon. She is coming to visit me pretty quick here. Maybe we can firm up a month that I head out there for a weekend at that time. Will keep you in the loop!
 

Great recap.

But apparently I have a fever, or have been transplanted to an alternate universe. Was that my imagination, was I dreaming, is this really happening, PEDRO, PEDRO FROM FRESNO now has cajones? The writers found and put PEDRO's brain back along with thinking process. I could not believe the advances. PEDRO WITH A BRAIN WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT.
 

Nellie - You weren't dreaming. There was a flicker, a brief flicker. Then he said he better go talk to Elvira as she is the key to all this. As if she'll fess up to him.

Imagine how sexy he'd be with that smile AND a brain? Maybe today!
 

What a treat this morning... 3 Rs, Renato, Rita, and Rosemary la O.

Poor Pig. How would you react if your Dr. gave you a new medication and told you that it might result in a bit of paralysis of the arms and legs? Yikes!

I thought that Flo looked so cute in that little outfit she had on yesterday. Uh oh... now I'm sounding like Augusto (Abismo).

Carlos
 

Thanks, Carlos! I like the 3 R's!

Flor did look cute in that strapless minidress, but juxtaposed with El Capitan in his puffy Bomber Jacket, one of them was dressed wrong for that day's weather.
 

A tangent, but a related one: Verizon FiOS's EPG has what appears to be the final episode of Largate! scheduled for Friday, June 15. I'm not seeing anything official about this anywhere, but it fits a rough 100-episode run and the usual 4-6 week ultimos capitulos run...can any of you check this against your providers' EPGs?
 

Bill, we are assuming the June 15 episode is indeed the last -- especially as it is running for 2 hours that day.

Whew!
 

Sorry for the late post; it was a long day. But your recap was wonderful R la O. And as others have noted, you must continue to do this. You are hilarious and a natural.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

But you talk to yourself, and that's a little disturbing.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder