Saturday, June 30, 2012

Abismo de pasión #78 6/29/12: Give Me One Reason to Leave Here and I'll Turn Right Back Around (And You Can See Me Turning)

Alternative Titles

Luke, I'm Not Your Father
If You Leave Me, You'll Miss A Good Thing
And I Am Telling You (You're Not Going...With Him)
B*tch Betta Have My Money
I Got My Mind on My Money and My Money on My Mind
Clueless or Clue (Your Choice)
If You Leave Me Now, You'll Take Away the Biggest Part of Me

Church Rectory-Gael Kravitz has just busted Damien out and told Alfonsina that Damien has asked Agosto for Elisa’s hand in marriage.  Alfonsina says, “It’s impossible!”  Yeah, it’s true mama, says Damien. I’m just waiting on Agosto to make his decision.  Alfonsina can’t believe that Agosto is allowing Damien on his property.  Damien says that Agosto is able to put away the past, unlike his mother.  She reminds him that Agosto tried to kill him.  He didn’t mean it to do it.  It was all my fault for trying to sneak and marry his daughter.  But, we’re totally buds now that I’m being honest with him.  Gael, now thoroughly pleased with himself for causing grief for Dam, pats his “friend” on the back and promptly excuses himself.  Primero Muerta!  Alfonsina says that she will die before she allows Damien to marry that girl.  I don’t need your cash; I’m educated! I will renounce your name! Alfonsina’s mouth drops open and slams into her chest.  “Hold up!  You don’t want my money?  Who raised you?”  She says that she will have a heart attack.  Well, good night, ma, cuz Elisa and my father-in-law are waiting.  I’ve got to get back to the reception.  Good Luck with that heart attack.  There’s the phone, call 911 if you need anything.  Alfonsina takes her medication. 

Casa de Castanon Home Office-Carmina’s wedding hair looks very pretty, but she is irate!  Agosto and Camina are in the office discussing he and Elisa leaving town.  He tells Carmina that she is not part of the plans that he has with Elisa.  You’re crazy if you think you’re leaving me here and running off with Elisa. (Run, this means she’s going to kill you!)  Not only am I leaving, says Agosto, but you won’t get fifty cents out of me.  You’re in the prime of your life.  Find another gravy train. Carmina tells him that for many years she has been with him through the bad times.  You’re not going to give me any of the cash from selling the property? That’s what I said and that’s what I meant.  Agosto….tick tock tick tock, I’m afraid to say it, but I think you’re time might be up soon.  Stop talking.  Sometimes men don’t know when they’ve gone too far.  Anyways, Carmina says that she is willing to do ANYTHING to stop Agosto from leaving.   

Church-Gael walks into the church and finds Lupe down on his knees praying.  As you may recall, Lupe is freaked out about what Carmina revealed to him about Horacio being Blanca’s murderer.  Lupe tells Gael that he won’t be going to the reception. He asks him to send his apologies to everyone.  He tells Gael that it was wrong of him (Lupe) to encourage Dolores to marry Horacio.  Gael, I need to be alone while I have my nervous breakdown, but don’t worry about me.  I’ll be alright eventually.  Gael tells him that Alfonsina is waiting for him.   Padre asks him to apologize to her as well, then picks up his hat and leaves. 

Reception-Delores is sitting alone and the bride and groom’s table when Elisa goes over and sits down.  Elisa tells Dolores that she looks very beautiful.  Dolores thanks her.  Where’s my groom? (That’s what I wanted to know).  He’s in the house with my father.  Dolores tells Elisa that it’s the best party she’s ever had.  Elisa tells Delores that she loves her very much.  Delores tells Elisa that she loves her too.  Elisa tells Dolores that she needs to speak to her about something important in the morning (after the wedding night). 

Casa de Arango Home Office-Gabino is waiting in office for Alfonsina arrives.  Alfonsina starts yelling about Agosto.  Weeks ago, she told Gabby to find some dirt on Agosto and Agosto is still Mr. Clean.  Gabby says that he hasn’t had the opportunity to do some damage because he’s been trying to solve problems at the procesadora.  What the hell are you talking about?   Gabby tells her that they didn’t get the raw materials in, so the machinery was shut down.  They also didn’t get the habaneros because they couldn’t pay for them.  He tells her that the company is losing money.  Nothing like this ever happened under Rosendo and under him (Gabby) the profits doubled. 

Reception-Why is Damien still Gael’s friend?  Anyways the two of them sit down at a table with the Paloma and Elisa.  Paloma wants to know why Lupe isn’t there.  Gael tells her that the priest sends his apologies.  Paloma and Gael excuse themselves to go speak with Delores (because she had been asking for the padre).  Elisa feels Damien’s tension and asks him what’s wrong.  He tells her about the heated discussion that he had with his mother at Lupe’s house.  They are both wearing their amulets (how cute), but she’s  not wearing wedding hair.  When is she going to lose that halo braid?  It bugs me.  Hmmmmm.  Now that I’m with you, I feel better.  He asks if she would like to dance.  No, she wants to talk to him about something important.  She grabs his hand and leads him away from the party. 

Casa de Arango Home Office-Gabino (he is so hot) opens the door and lets Guido in.  Guido starts yelling at Gabby about making trouble at the procesadora.  After cussing Gabby out a bit, Alfonsina asks Guido to sit down.  He begins to tell her of all of the problems he is having at the procesadora.  The checks are rubber and the banks are stamping everything NSF (not that this re-capper has ever seen such a check-I had to look up the meaning for research).  Anyways, Guido assures Alfonsina that he would clear things up in the morning.  Alfonsina drops the bomb that all of her money has been located because Guido gave the order to transfer all of her money out of the country.  Guido leaps from his seat!  How’d my cash get in your bank account? And you better give me an explanation that I can believe!

Elisa’s Bedroom-Elisa leads Damien into her bedroom.  He protests because he’s promised to keep her pure until their wedding day.  This will only give Agosto another reason to use Damien for target practice.  Dam, calm little Dam down.  That’s not what I brought you here for.  Elisa tells Dam that her father never even considered allowing her to marry Damien.  She explains that Agosto wants to take her away from La Ermita.   They are going to sell everything and leave.  Agosto has changed.  He’s very nice to her and they are going away together.  Damien looks shocked.  Where does this leave me?  Damien, I love you with all of my soul (just not as much as I love my daddy).  She touches his face and gives him a little hug.  She tells him that he can’t image what it feels like to grow up without a father’s love.  She explains that her father has rejected him all of her life (even after her mother died).  Damien has shown a lot of restraint today, because Elisa would be the third person (behind his mother and Gael) on my list of people to punch in the face.  I take that back, she would be number one on the list of people to punch.  Commercial.

Back in Elisa’s Bedroom-I was raised like an orphan.  I’ve given up everything for you!  My mommy, Florencia, my job, my hacienda and my money.  Did I mention that I gave up all of my money for you?  And most of all, I gave up all of my money for you.  Why can’t you do the same?  What about us, Elisa?  Elisa tells Damien that she promised her father that they would leave together and never come back.  Tonight is goodbye.  Damien tells her that she isn’t leaving La Ermita with her father; Damien is taking her with him, even if she doesn’t want to go.   

Casa de Arango Home Office-Guido swears to Alfonsina that he did not transfer the funds into his account.  It’s a surprise to him.  He doesn’t have an explanation.  She points out that he signed all the documents and demands that he admit everything.  He says that he can’t admit something he didn’t do, but he will get the proof.  He marches out of the office and leaves Gabby and Alfonsina alone.  Gabby takes the opportunity to drive home the point that Guido robbed her.  Don’t be a fool!  He’s lying! He’s a player. He’s trying to treat you like a hayseed.  I want my job back.  She tells Gabby to leave. 

Casa de Arango Home Paolo’s Bedroom-Whoa!  Paolo is wearing nothing but a short itty bitty white towel…now let that sink down in your spirit for a minute.  Swirl that all around in your loins.  From now on, I am going to need a two-minute warning to prepare myself before watching scenes like this.  This week, I’m not going to church until Sunday, so I will take the opportunity to describe what I see.  What?  I’m almost like a reporter.  Paolo comes out of the bedroom all oiled up..I mean all wet.  Guido barges into his room and interrupts what could have potentially have been a fantastic drying off scene.  Guido is saying something like I don’t understand how this could have happened.  He tells his Paolo that Alfonsina is accusing him of transferring his money out of the country.  Who cares?  The cameraman has decided to follow Guido at this time, but fortunately not for long.  We cut to Paolo who is standing in front of his headboard putting gel or more oil in his hair.  His arm is up, so at his point, we get a clear shot of all of his muscles from the waist up.  He has waxed every bit of hair from his glistening body.  I don’t know what the shoulder muscles are called, but he definitely has a big pair of them.  I’m not a fan of “waxed hairless Ken Doll type”, but he’s rockin’ it.  Anyways Paolo, pretending not to know how this happened, asks “but how”?  Darn it!  This places the camera back on Guido.  Tell me something Paolo, he asks, did you have anything to do with this?  Now, you’re cooking with grease, Guido.  The camera goes back to Paolo, who is still oiled/wet from the shower.  He feigns hurt that his brother suspects him.  Paolo says that there is no way that he could have accessed the account.  Is he going to need someone to help him dry off?  Can I be that person?  Again, I am not a fan of wax look, but geez!  Guido sits down on the bed.  The camera shows us a full body shot.  Guido believes his brother and asks for his help in clearing his name.  He was just asking because lighting has struck twice.  Guido blames Gabby and Paolo “agrees with him”.  The brothers hug.

Elisa’s Bedroom-Elisa and Damien are still dressed, but he’s getting to her.  Damien is sweet-talking quick and tries begging.  I am a big fan of a begging man.  If that doesn’t work…she’s gay.  He sits her on his lap.  He asks her not to leave with her father.  He wants her to leave with him.  They will go to a place where no one knows them and they can be in love.  I’ll go. I’d leave RIGHT THEN.   It takes everything that she can to pull herself away from him.  Ummmm, he would have had my clothes off by now.  He would have won.  I don’t know how she can stand it.  She begs him not to make her choose between him and her father (there’s no competition).  Agosto wants to buy some land and they will start over.  Elisa can’t reject her father.  He wants to know when Agosto plans to leave.  She tells him that she doesn’t know.  She agreed to leave after the wedding.  Damien promises to come back tomorrow and she will have to choose between him and her father.   He will die fighting for her.  I LOVE DAMIEN. He turns to leave, but she pulls him back to her and sucks his lips off. 

Agosto’s Office-Damien barges into Agosto’s office and cusses him out.  He accuses Agosto of manipulating him until he could get Elisa out of town.  Agosto, silently listens to Damien and calmly drinks his wine.  He’s probably wondering when the police will return his gun so he can shoot Damien again.  Damien tells him that he tried to be up front with him, but it didn’t work.  Damien says that he is taking Elisa. 

Elisa’s Bedroom-Carmina barges into Elisa’s bedroom and cusses her out.  She’s mad about Elisa stealing Agosto.  Carmina tells Elisa that she won’t allow her to take away her only reason for living.  Leave me in peace!  Carmina tells her that Estefania should have taken Elisa with her so that Elisa could have died along with her.  Carmina, that was just mean!  Commericial.

Casa de Arango Home Office-Paolo enters Alfonsina’s office.  Paolo tells her that this was exactly what happened in Mexico.  Guido lost the family’s money.  Paolo is a ssssssssssnake.  He tells her that the Guido almost went to jail for fraud.  He gives her the names and phone numbers of Guido’s associates in Mexico. He tells her to call them; they will tell him the truth.  She wants to know why he is sharing this with her.  Paolo tells her that Guido’s plan was to marry Damien off to Florencia so that he would have access to her money.  Now that Damien and Florencia are done, Guido will now try to get her to fall in love with him.  He says that he tired of Guido acting superior to him and his double moral standards.  I wish Paolo had an “s” in his name.  Well, he’s got one today.  Ssssssssssnakolo. 

Casa de Mickey and Mallory-Gabby tells Ingrid that Alfonsina knows that the money was transferred out of the country.  Ingrid is worried that the money can be transferred back to them.  He tells her not to worry because the money can only be traced back to Guido.  Ingrid wants her share so she can bounce from La Ermita.  Request stamp Denied.  They can’t touch that money for many years.  Paolo and Gabby can’t leave either because it will look as if they’ve got something to hide.  Ingrid’s upset because she doesn’t have any money (Gabby stole all of hers).  He assures her that all of her money is safe in an account under his name. 

Elisa Bedroom-Elisa is packing her ugliest clothes into the suitcase.  Agosto enters her bedroom.  He wants to discuss Damien.  He wants to know if she will change her mind at the last minute.  She promises not to choose Damien over her father.  Dolores come in, sees the luggage and wants to know what’s up?  Agosto tells Dolores that he and Elisa are about to leave La Ermita today.  He tells her that he told Elisa not to tell anyone. 

Witch Mountain-Paloma tells Ramona that Elisa and Agosto are leaving La Ermita for good.  Ramona says that Agosto can’t leave La Ermita without knowing the truth. 

Elisa’s Bedroom-All I’m saying is that Horacio may not have done the job on the boda de noche because Delores is balling over Elisa leaving.  Like deep sobs.  Like somebody died.  Elisa didn’t tell Dolores because she didn’t want to ruin the wedding, but she can leave in peace because Dolores married a good man.  A man that loves her and will give Dolores some kids.  She says that Dolores will forget her as soon as she pushes out the first baby.  Dolores doesn’t think so. 

Rectory-Gael comes out of the bathroom; shirtless.  He must not work out, because he’s always filmed in flashes.  We never get a good look at him.  Maybe he has moobs (man boobs).  Anyways, Damien is quickly packing his bags when Gael walks in.  He’s going to block Elisa from leaving with her father.  Agosto will have to kill him this time.  Can I be Damien and Gabby’s girlfriend?  Don’t judge me.  Damien runs into his uncle.  Lupe asks what the suitcases are for.  Adios, uncle.  Thanks for everything.  Where are you going?  I don’t know.  Gael runs out of the room.  Do you know where Damien is going?  Yeppers.  He’s going to steal Elisa.  Commercial. 

Elisa’s Bedroom-This chick is still packing those ugly clothes that she wears.  She packs the picture of her mother and Blanca.  Horacio must have told Dolores that they will get the house until it’s sold because Dolores has stopped crying.  She voluntarily removes Elisa’s suitcase from the bed.  Dolores wants to know if Elisa is leaving with Damien or Agosto.  Elisa doesn’t know.  Dolores tells her that it’s obvious that she does not want to leave with her father.  Elisa says that Damien has promised to come for her even if her father kills him.  Normally, I would take Agosto’s side, but in this case, I would encourage her to leave with Damien.  Ummmm Damien can do things that fathers can’t do.  Ummmm, well, he can do things with her that would be illegal in most countries for a father to do.  And he’s a great begger.  I love beggars.  Anyways, Dolores tells her that if Damien says that he’s coming….Damien is coming.  Expect him.  Dolores hopes that Damien comes before they leave. 

Alfonsina’s Bedroom-Alfonsina tells Guido that she wants him to admit his guilt and give back all over benjamins.  Guido tells Alfonsina that he loves her and that her mistrust hurts him.  Now?  Now? He tells her?  Dude!  This makes you look totally guilty!  I wouldn’t believe you either.  She opens the door and invites him out of her bedroom. 

Master Bedroom Casa de Arango-Agosto takes his suitcase off of the bed.  Carmina begs him not to leave and blocks the way.  She wants him to take her with him.  He will have to kill her before he abandons her like a dog.  He tells her dead or alive, it’s her decision and shoves her out of the way.  She screams for Agosto not to leave her. 

Alfonsina’s Bedroom Guido tries to tell Alfonsina that he’s innocent and again, declares his feelings for her.   They are in still in front to the opened door.  He touches her face and tries to kiss her.  IDIOT!!!!!!   He assures her that he would never hurt her.  She rejects his attempt (as she should), and asks him what kind of woman do you think I am?  She’s only ever been in love with one man and that man was Saint Rosendo Arango, her dead husband.   In her life there is room for no other man.  Ummm, I have some guest waiting for you in the foyer. 

Casa de Arango Foyer-Guido is certainly going to jail.  Do Not Pass Go.  Do Not Collect $200.  When they step out of the bedroom, Florencia runs over to her father.  “I don’t understand what’s going on!”  Gabby informs Guido that the police are waiting for him.  This episode is so awesome.  SSSSSSSSSPaolo, Gabby, Maru, Braulio, Florencia are there too.  It’s like a Colombo mystery and all of the suspects are in the foyer.  Maybe I mean it’s like the Clue game.  Guido turns to Alfonsina.   I am going to give you one more opportunity Guido.  Tell me how my money got into your account and we forget all this happened.  I don’t know.  Please believe me!  She brings up the incident in Mexico.  She tells him that she called all of his business associates in Mexico and she is still reeling from all that she’s learned.  He sunk everybody.  He confirms that it happened.  His associates accused him of fraud, but they couldn’t prove it.  She tells him that she’s enough proof to make him rot in jail. 

Casa de Tovar-Dr. Tovar is in his house and in his bed.  Mrs. Kravitz asks if he would like her to bring him breakfast in bed.  He says that he just wants to take a shower.  She asks why he made them leave the reception so quickly.  It was rude.  She wants to know about his conversation with Agosto.  He tells her that Agosto tells him that he was going to leave the party.  Since Agosto was leaving, Dr. Tovar didn’t think that they should stay. 

Casa de Arango Foyer Guido is still insisting that he hasn’t done anything.  He says that there is no proof against him.  Maru has bought the paperwork and copies of the checks with Guido’s signature.  This proves that he took all of the money from the procesadora accounts.  Large amounts of money have been withdrawn for no reason.  Guido agrees that the signatures look like his; but insists they he did not sign the documents.  He blames Gabby.  This is awesome!  SSSSSSSSSSSPaolo agrees that Gabby could have had something to do with this.  Gabby says that Paolo is just upset because Gabby fired him.  Gabby says that Alfonsina made him do it.  He says that since Guido took over, Gabby was not allowed in any of the business deals.  Braulio steps forward and defends Gabby.  He even says that when Gabby ran the company, not a single penny disappeared.  Alfonsina tells Guido to admit the truth.  Florencia begs her father to give the money back and stop this.  Guido says that he can’t believe that his own kid doesn’t believe him.  I didn’t steal anything!  In that case, accept the consequences, says Alfonsina, she tells the cops to take him away.    

Casa de Castanon-Agosto asks Elisa if she is ready to go.  He grabs her bags and tells her that he will burn, I mean put the ugly clothes in the van while she says goodbye to Dolores.  Yeah!  Damien barges in.  Agosto demands to know what he’s doing there.  Damien says that he’s come for Elisa.   He asks Elisa if she’s going with him or if she’s going with her father.  He tells Elisa that this time Agosto will have to kill him, because that’s the only way she’s leaving La Ermita without him. Agosto pimp slapped Damien….or was it a bitch slapped? I don’t know.  Alls I know is that Damien went down, but he got up again.  He tells Agosto to kill him, but he’s taking Elisa with him. Only death will keep him from her.  I love Damien.  Elisa tells her father that she can’t let Damien go.  She’s gonna choose Damien.  Good choice!  Damien tells Agosto to give them one good reason besides my father sleeping with your wife that I can’t sleep with your daughter.  Carmina comes in and demands that Agosto tell them the truth.  Agosto tells her to be quiet!  Carmina tells them that they have the same father.  Yes, Pinky, you have been making out with your sister!  Well, in my opinion, that is a good reason.  Credits.


Labels:


Comments:
Thank you Cynderella.

Finally, the non truth is revealed. That took forever.
 

oh, and poor Guido. He has no friends or family who will stand up for him.
 

I wait all Saturday for your wonderful recaps Cynderella. And this one did not disappoint. I can't possible single out all the quips I loved. To be perfectly honest, this was one of my least favorite episodes: wayyyyyy too much bawling, the whole trapping Guido thing has me irate, and I'm just sick of the heroine. But I knew you would somehow make the recap hysterical, and you didn't disappoint.

At least we only got bug-eyes from Weepsa and Dam over the big reveal...I'm sure it followed with some major retching or heading for the nearest bottle of Listerine to wash their mouths out.

So everyone will stay in town, W/D are kaput for now, poor Padre will be having an even worse nervous breakdown, and my guess is Dam will go back to mumsy (tail between his legs) and pick up with Flo, disappointing Gabs once again in running the plant.

Speaking of which...sorry Cynderella, in this day and age, it may take a bit, but the money movement can be traced when it gets moved to offshore accounts. If Guido gets accused, that should be the first thing they start to do ( but then again his is a TN). The fact it has his NAME on the account--yikes. Either II will start looking for it herself to grab or the authorities will find. Your Novia kind of goofed up there.

Lord help me, I hope all the waterworks don't continue ad nauseum on Monday. I fear this big shake-up will keep our dear Kenia from surfacing any time soon.
 

Come on Daisy, you have to admit that this episode was awesome. I found how dumb or how EVIL everyone is in this episode. Usually, Paolo just sits around looking pretty, but he was the biggest jerk in this episode. He sank his brother. Loved it! I really enjoyed writing about it.
 

Damien kept begging Elisa to stay with him and was willing to die for her. That was cute too. Oh well, they won't be kissing each other for a while. LOL
 

Cynderella thanks for another great recap. Since I couldn't see this episode, I had a blast reading your take especially in light of daisynjay's comments. Also your song title and movie quotes were hilarious.

Wow, Paolo used to be only a rapey snake and he's Ssssssssssnakolo. Love it.

Now that one of the big lie's is out in the open I wonder how long will it take for the truth to come out.Like many, its not the Dam/Elisa story and the re-partnering mess I'm concerned about its the Orange Menace. Her demise should start happening now.

Daisynjay - ITA the Guido trap is annoying. Now that the poor sod has been abandoned by everyone and going to jail, it will be fun to see what transpires. As Carlos noted about Guido's framers - Gabino, Paolo, and Ingrid demonstrate the innate problems with most parasites... they overwhelm and ultimately destroy their hosts. Then what? I think the next step is the three of them tryinng to feed off one another.

EJ (from a few posts back) thanks for the difficult task of choosing our first location. How about the Seychelles off the coast of Madagascar? I hope you and our table team like it click here
 

There was a beautiful song sung at Delores' wedding. Can someone tell me the name?

Great episode and brilliant recap! Thanks.
 

Cynderalla: Great recap.

I'm now looking at Ramona as Superman. Will she arrive in time to save the day, or will she get bumped off before she can open her mouth?
 

Song at wedding: Sabor a mi.

It is lovely!
 

Cyn--YOU STUCK THE LANDING!! I thought of you when Paolow was strutting around in that towel. And I'll admit it, I was totally jealous you got this episode. lol

I loved all of your commentary but I most loved your glee during the Gweedo scene. "This is awesome!" You did a great job with the whole recap.

I'm pretty sure Toad landed a bitch slap on Damian.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Sabor a Mi sung by Gloria Estefan and Jose Feliciano
 

And a more traditional version
 

Cynderella:
Thank you for an excellent recap. For heaven's sake will Elisa never stop crying? I am so tired of her sniveling. Maybe now she really will leave with Augusto.

Daisynjay...i know nothing about these matters of high finance but why couldn't they track the money somehow? Also, why would it take years before Gaby and ING could access their share? Couldn't some expert identify a forged signature?
Also, it seems they would have financila checks and balances in place to prevent such a fraud from happening. I mean the REAL La Anita is a pretty good size company and exports its products to many other countries. I think we are talking about a fairly large amount of money here. Finally, why would Alfie pay for a car for her daughter-in-law to be from the company general fund? That seems like a very poor idea to me. Again, though, I do not know anything about money matters. Your thoughts?

Cynderella, yesterday I proposed that maybe sssPaolo is a con man who has been playing us all. After recapping this show, what do you think? Do think he still has the rest of the money he stole for Guido stashed somewhere?

Karen: Seychelles it is. The place looks great and I have never been before. Our team will look good here, I am sure. We had better get busy. Poor Flo has got to break Guido out of jail, stich up Uncle sssPaolo for the embezzlemnt and fraud and take down Alfie. She has her work cut out for her!

Pasofino, do not even give voice to the thought that my friend Ramona could be offed. I cannot stand it. She and Lolita (who just married that murderer Horacio) are my favorites! I am still hoping that Ramona has a live and hopping mad Kenia stashed in a herb-drying hut over past the blue lagoon.

Otherwise I really don't want her to come bubbling to the surface NOW. EEEEEEW. It has been several weeks. Nastiness.

EJ
 

The version with the Trio Los Panchos and Edye Gorme is my absolute fave! I have the album downloaded and listen to it so many times. There are many, many classic songs on that disc.

Thank you for posting it.

As for the story, the only good thing going right now is the Lovely Lolita. I just love her.
 

What?!?? Man, this is one weirded out whacky telenovela. The whole busting Guido bit was wild. And Paolo was in cahoots with Gabino? Really?

Totally enjoyed your waxing rhapsodic (pun!) on Paolo's semi-nude oiled up scene. I don't care much for the male plucked chicken look either, but the Paolo actor certainly carries it off!

And if you think they are trying to hide something about Gael's physique, you must not have seen Mark Tacher's shower pic. He's not as built up as some of the other actors, but believe you me he looks just fine!

I have lots of head scratching to do, although I have to give kudos to the actors for totally turning everything upside down. I love the unexpected. And I love seeing Arrogant Alfie dealing ineffectively with the huge crime perpetrated against her. It couldn't happen to a more deserving victim, IMO. That makes the TN so much more pleasant to watch. Now if only Carmina would get a few more big servings of just deserts real soon.

BTW - last night hubby accidentally referred to Carmeany as Carnita. It's perfect LOL! Well roasted and crispy LOL!

Since daddy Guido is in jail anyway, doesn't that let Flo off the hook? And if Paolo is such an effective embezzler, why isn't he off in the Cayman's rolling in the dough rather than having parked in that dead-end little town?
 

Thought I would add that "Sabor a Mi" as sung by Luis Miguel (LuisMi) is also quite beautiful. He, too, has a disc with many classic and beautiful songs.

It's funny that there never seems to be any improvement in the way they dress Elisa.
 

Um, that would be - I have to give kudos to the WRITERS for totally turning everything upside down.
 

I"ll look up that LuisMi version Anon6:44! He did the Triunfo theme song and I adore it.

I was dismayed to see Elisa back in those shorts again last night.
 

LOL, Audrey! I hope Carmeany does become a Carnita. I hope she roasts!!

I agree with you about turning things upside down. This TN has not been dull!
 

Cynderella - Thank you for the great recap. This was a great episode because I FFWD--> thru all the crying scenes and got done watching my recording way fast. The rest of the stuff I watched was all BAM!, POW! KAZAM! SHAZAM! (yes, I grew up watching Batman)

."He assures her that all of her money is safe in an account under his name." I doubt Ingrid will ever see any of that $.

Elisa was giving up Damian for her father? Elisa is the poster child for Co-Dependents Anonymous. She is definitely suffering some variety of Stockholm Syndrome. Eejit. Good thing Dam showed up in time. Thank you, writers. Fresh bananas for you next week.

The Paolo/Snakolo towel scene was completely gratuitous and appreciated, in spite of icky hairless chest and baby oil. ;o)
 

TA about Paolo's waxed chest. Yuck.

So if the accounting shows that Guido transferred the money to his account, can't he just replace it? And how did they use his signature?
 

Doris, by the way you just spelled 'eejit', you would not by any chance be IRISH, would ye?

I have been saying about Elisa for weeks, "Aye, sheez jest an eejit."

Those SHORTS! Remember, now, that Blanca taught her to custom tailor all her clothes to her own specifications. We have no one to blame for the length or cut of Elisa's special 'fits but Elisa herself.

And CathyX, what will be the outcome of the non truth? Have you a guess? Cynderella?
 

How long will it take for someone to ask for another DNA test? The doctor knows that Carmina snatched the last result from his hand. Surely he will suggest to Damian that they get another one. But I guess that's too rational an outcome for a TN. We need to get ready for many, many more tears. Tragic -- for Viewerville!
 

Elna June, my guess will be Dam becomes so despondent that he marries Flo, Elisa stays single. On TNs, men are allowed to have sex with someone else, but women aren't. But since Flo is sterile, in the end when everything is revealed, they will get a divorce and Dam will finally marry Elisa.
 

Cynderella--Thank you for making me laugh...several times. A real gift!
 

Gracias, Cynderella.

This story is going completely off the rails with Elisa being willing to renounce her love for Damian and leave La Ermita with Assgusto. Now that the Big Lie is about to be revealed as the Absolute Truth all hell will break loose.

So where will Dr Tovar be when he is needed? At the mercy of Mrs Kravitz I shouldn't wonder.
 

Cynderella- This was hilarious. I really liked this episode and you made it even better.

Dam scored lots of points with me last night. I admire his restraint in not striking Elisa-- instead he rationally pointed out that he has given up his one living parent, as well as his family business for her. I liked that move when he sat her on his lap. Wish that could have gone somewhere. *Sigh*

I can't imagine what he and Elisa will do with this lie about them being siblings. Can we really have a THIRD DNA test go awry?! That would be too much for the audience to take.

Poor Padre Lupe. It's time for him and Ramona to start spilling some beans and giving people a clue.

Guido is sumpremely stupid to not be convinced that his brother is behind this fraud. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Well, Guido has been made a fool of by Guido twice, and now it's landed his silver fox butt in jail. At least this frees up Flor, since I don't see Alfie having any mercy for Guido.
 

elna june - Irish by ancestry (maternal grandparents came over on the boat) but I've read my share of Irish chick lit. ;o)

Elisa's "Daisy Dukes" are actually the current fashion, probably helped along by a Katy Perry song 'California Girls' (". . . Daisy Dukes, bikini on top. . . "). I heard on TV this past week that short shorts will continue to be the 'it' look for shorts, so our Elisa is quite the trendsetter. Ack. Back in my day (ack! ack!) we used to call them Hot Pants. "Hot", indeed. LOL

"Can we really have a THIRD DNA test go awry?! That would be too much for the audience to take." Vivi in DC - LOL! I'd settle for a third test just so they could get the correct answer.
 

Yes, the hot pants are indeed back in style. I was out in a club area last night and all the 20-something girls were wearing either mini skirts (the tight spandex kind), short flirty dresses with cutouts in the back, or hot pants. All with high heels, and this was their club wear.
 

Tell me about hot pants. I was shopping for shorts for my 14 year old. It was almost impossible to find ones that didn't have her butt cheeks hanging out of them.
 

Those false eyelashes on Elisa are taking on a life of their own. They were casting super harsh/dark shadows over her face last night. Aren't the lighting people paying attention? They couldn't be more obvious and it's making her look freakish. (it's not just the costumes and boobs)
 

It was never said (in the novela) that the La Anita funds were transferred to Guido (that was an error in the recap [Thursday's?]), but rather that they were transferred (w/ Guido's signature) to an account outside of Mexico (al extranjero).
 

Also - Paolo bragged that he could write his brother's signature so good that no one could tell the difference.

And - Gabino warned all involved that it could be a long time - as in more than a year - before they could touch the money so as to avoid any chance of suspicion.
 

Cyn, LOVED the recap! You're a very funny lady. I was gonna close down Guido's table because he is so stupid, but now I feel sorry for him so a pitcher of mai tais is on the way.
Seychelles? Count me in!

More later...
 

Cap'n, I'm coming over to Guido's table. Not just because I love mai tais, but I feel bad for Guido. He's a trusting guy and he's getting reamed for it. Also, I need to talk to him about his being in love with such a witch. He needs to be set straight about that.
 

Sharkbait and CathyX, I demand that you abandon that Guido table and seek counseling immediately. Unlike Agosto, Guido has all of the facts to come to the correct conclusion.

1. Your brother worked at your company in Mexico and all of the money was embezzled and sent off shore. According to Guido himself and Paolo (the EXACT same thing happened in Mexico). Guido now works in La Ermita AND once again, he and his brother are working for the same company. According to both Guido and Paolo, the EXACT same thing is happening again. Well, Duh.

2. Secondly, Guido has been with women before (evidenced by his daugther). Everyone knows when you piss a woman off you should do one of the following to save yourself: a. apologize immediately b. shut up and stop talking immediately c. cover the family jewels d. Run

He's an idiot. Please don't sit at an idiot's table.
 

You never try to kiss and angry woman. You will only get hurt and I'm not talking about your feelings. Kissing angry women does not calm them down, it only makes them want to kill you. At least it doesn't work for me.
 

P.S. I did not mean to imply that anyone who sits at Guido's table is an idiot. I was calling Guido an idiot.
 

Uh oh cathtx, we're in trouble now! We had better grab our pitcher and make a run for it

Cyn, don't worry, of course we know you weren't calling us idiots, even if we do sympathize with poor stupid Guido. He's lucky Fina didn't rip his lips off. She's the undisputed queen of the smackdown.
 

Cynderella, but there's mai tais here. And the pitcher is only half empty.

Ok, seriously, who is going to help Guido once he's in jail? He's too new in town to have any allies.
 

HELLO from Winter Garden FL!!
reporting the whole gang made it to my mom's alive, well and in one piece ... thank God!...
it was a blessing that my car's AC had been dead for months and months and it came back to life right before our trip so we were not dying of heat... that was definitely a sign of God.
Thank you Cynderella for the recap. obviously i missed friday night's ep so this will definitely put me up to speed for tomorrow.
 

i will try to comment on the recap from fri and comments tonight or tomorrow morning.
 

ok thanks so much cynderella!!

ok LOVED your take on Paolo's towel scenes, reminds me of some Guy Ecker white towel picture at the beach and all the commotion it caused back during La Mentira in 99

ITA with Vivi that Guido has all the clues to put the picture together: what was the common denominator between the two 'frauds'? PAOLO!!

now Padre's nervous breakdown will only get worse.
Now Gael will feel he has the way free to Elisa and will probably brag to Padre that he will go after Elisa now that Dam is out of the run... then Loopy will have to tell him that the same reason that puts Dam out of the run would put HIM out since he is also an Arango. sigh!....
and no, Gael does not have big boobies, just look at his People mag picture... he is dam fine...
 

Cynderella:

I am in complete agreement with you on the kaaw(kissing an angry woman).
The few times it happened to me when I was angry it just made me madder. It always made me feel like the reason for my being angry was being dismissed out of hand.
That is no way to end an argument.
EJ
 

marta - I'm so glad you are in Florida safe and sound. You will definitely need to get the A/C fixed on your car, for living in Florida. Otherwise, the humidity will be unbearable. JMHO of course.
 

Marta
So glad you arrived in Florida safe and sound and with AC. Sounds like a miracle to me! Good luck getting settled.
EJ
 

Cynderella, just wonderful, you bring such energy and fun to your recaps. My favorite line wasn’t one of your funny quips but, “I love Damian,” because I think I do too! He never lets Alfie get the best of him, isn’t sidetracked by her machinations, and besides one low blow, usually puts mommy dearest in place with a touch of irony, not cruelty. He has renounced his money, his job and his name…..and I believe him! He calmly told Elisa all the reasons that she should leave with him, and listening, she was able to make the RIGHT decision! WHAT A GUY! I’m just waiting for a little chemistry to drop down on them, but it can’t happen now, oh dear! Cynderella, incredible job as always, I love your work!

Again, I say that the producers have polluted the story line by casting actors who are too old for the parts they are playing. It is reasonable to think that an unsophisticated 18-year-old woman might be convinced to leave home with her father, but with Elisa’s makeup and garb, she looks far to “worldly” to be running off with her father!

I’m not sure what to think about Guido, is Paulo such a master deceiver that even the most sophisticated businessman could be fooled? In real life, scammers fool very smart people every day, OR would even a child be able to see Paulo’s embezzling game? During this rough spell Guido supporters are welcome to join us at the Augusto table, we are used to the gently tossed slings and arrows of criticism and are waiting hopefully that we might throw our supply of paper bags in the recycle bin and walk out of the cantina with our heads held (slightly)high! For now though, look for us at the table nearest to the back door, the best spot for a quick exodus.

Marta, so glad you have made it to Florida safely. For those who don’t know, Winter Garden is little village paradise……a small, well preserved, turn of the century Florida resort town on a gorgeous lake know for its antique boat houses. To our superwoman recapper Marta, from all of us I’m sure, good luck in your new location, you deserve some peace and quiet after the last few months!
 

I think Damian should change his name to Castañón after the boda, ( and we know there will be one!) that would really get Alfie's goat, that is if she is hasn't been killed by Gambino by that time. I'd love to see that! 
 

thanks everyone!
sandy, i dont know if to call WG still a little village but it is very peaceful... there has been quite a bit of construction around lately, they evevn widened the main road West Colonial to three lanes each way...
but it has pretty much everything we need... and if i can work from home/my mom's place, it is very different with no commute.

if i did not say it before, i agree with cyn and everyone, right about now, I LOVE Damian and his approach here. IT was very nasty from Elisa to have hidden from him her real plans. and he has reacted very well to that situation.
now lets see how that 'lie with flavor of truth out of the bag' lasts.
 

Morning EJ. Sorry I didn't answer your questions until now--"enjoying" some time off on a long weekend--with high heat and ozoine warnings making my sinuses act up. Blech, but at least I'm not at work.

The whole question on this embezzlement and the ease that it seemed to be done with does boggle the mind, but I do have to remind myself that this is a family-owned business. That makes it more susceptible to fraud and shenanigans since there are probably not the checks and balances in place to assure this sort of thing doesn't happen. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a financial lead in this business lends to the ease of doing this sort of thing. Alfi may have the checkbook, but I don't take her as an accountant in any sense of the word.

In the U.S., the checks and balances are crazy on firms, and most modern day firms have bought into layers of passwords and "safeboots" that can trace back movement of emails or money movements. Working in financials at the global firm I am at(and we have a big office in Mexico City) can be sometimes down-right maddening trying to remember all the separate passwords for each systemn site, the peer review required on documents, etc. Even then, people have tried a few things over the years...always getting caught.

I'm not familiar with standards of just running a company within Mexico/Yucatan. The problems that Guido had with his former company do make me head scratch since he had investors, which leads me to think it had to be a bigger operation and should have had more checks in place versus Alfi's operation.

My guess is that the rules are being played fast and loose right now for the sake of the plot. But like I said previously, it wouldnt' take a rocket scientist to trace the money movement, and the fact it is in an account in Gab's name ( so stoooopid) will conviently free our white-haired cutie ( though non-too-bright I'm realizing).

Cathyx: I'm thinking you may be on to the next plot twist with Dam heading back to Flo. And I'm guessing we get Ramona's prediction that Gael and Pal won't work out with Elisa heading in Gael's direction. Question will be how long the deception stays in play. Funny thing, I'm not sure these two pairings are all that bad and make more sense to me. But that's not the planned plot, so....
 

marta, I am glad you hear that you finally made it to Winter Garden. That seemed like a long trip for you.

I can't remember who said it, but I like the idea of Ramona hiding Kenia and Kenia showing up at a very inopportune time to stick it to Carnita. (Love that Audrey, kudos to hubs.)

Now that Paolo has proven himself to be a dirty double crosser, EJ's theory that he could be hiding the original moolah makes even more sense. He showed that it's not just the money for him, but he also wants to stick it to his older brother. Ick, what a sibling.

Sandy, thanks for the invite. Cathyx and I might have to grab out pitcher and head on over. Or maybe we should combine tables, "The Dismal Daddy" faction. Although Guido's not SO bad as a dad (except for spoiling Flor dreadfully), he's just a very bad businessman and criminally pathetic judge of character.
 

daisynjay, just read your comment. Thank you for taking the time to explain that financial stuff to us. I know zilch about such things.
 

Glad you arrived safely AND with AC, Marta. :-)
 

I'm not going to go to the Augusto table. I do have some standards, lol.

Guido is at least a nice guy who isn't hurtful. He might be a little slow on reading people, but that doesn't make him a bad guy. I'll hold onto the pitcher of mai tais at the Guido table and hope he gets educated on human behavior while he's in the pokey.
 

On Augusto, I guess I have a different philosophy, as long as someone doesn't commit an "unforgivable" sin like pre-meditated murder or true pedophilia, there is always hope that they can change!  What's the point of psychotherapy, AA or prison ministries, etc. if there is no hope that people can move toward the light! A changeless world would be a truly sad one!  
 

Thank you for the recap Cynderella.

The Elisa leaving with her dad plot is strange. It didn't happen in Cañaveral but I think they are just trying for more time to fill episodes.

Sandy I haven't seen enough of the novela to figure out the ages of these characters (especially when you have a 38 year old Zepeda supposedly being close in age to a 23 year old Boyer) but I don't think having a 20 something running with her father to be so far-fetched. Especially considering that Elisa didn't go to college and doesn't have a permanent job she is tied to. I think Elisa has created an over-attachement to her father due to the complicated nature of their relationship and the loss of her mother (and later her godmother). What I don't understand is how the writers think we will buy into her and Damián being each others only option when she obviously doesn't care enough to be with him if she has to choose between him and her dad.

Jarocha
 

I'm having the same problem with this. There is no logic to Elisa looking to leave with a father who rejected and abused her from virtually the moment her mother died.
 

Jarocha, bingo! "What I don't understand is how the writers think we will buy into her and Damián being each others only option when she obviously doesn't care enough to be with him if she has to choose between him and her dad." What's wrong? I thought it might be her age/look, but maybe not. We didn't think Teresa ( Angelique B) really loved Arturo in Teresa either. Is it the actress? It isn't so much her choice, it's that we don't see sparkling chemistry in the Damian/ Elisa pairing on the good days.  
 

I actually thought Teresa and Arturo had alot of chemistry, the problem some people had with buying her love for Arturo was for the things Teresa did to him (like marrying him for money first or seducing Fernando when said money was gone) not because the couple lacked chemistry. There were alot of fans for the coupling back then and that was the reason the finale chosen was them together (even if many believe the character didn't deserve it).

I think the problem with Damián and Elisa is that they have spent so much more time apart than together. We are meant to believe they love each other when we weren't shown really why they are even inlove at all. The novela has added 50 episodes to the original story and changed various things but it seems those 50 extra episodes are filled with obstacles and problems for the couple, none of that extra time is being used for them simply being together as a couple.

And I do think they lack chemistry but I don't know if the problem is precisely that the problems I just mentioned with the writing doesn't allow them to build it or if the actors are the issue. I personally have bigger issues with Zepeda than Boyer (although the writing for her character is more erratic) but that's because of his age and because of the way he plays him so serious all the time when I was used to the other version where the character was more lively and boyish.

Jarocha
 

Gah, so many repetitive words in that post. That's what I get for writing quickly and not proof reading what I post when I'm tired.

Jarocha
 

And sorry, the novela has actually added 68 episodes to the original story.

Jarocha
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder