Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Abismo de pasión #86 7/11/12: of waterworks, blunt objects (or ones we would like to have at hand to hit AssGuss and Dam on head) and gag bags...

 Recap by Martaivette
Tonight’s ep is all about different levels of three things: waterworks, blunt objects and gag bags…
waterworks (5 levels): small bathroom faucet drop by drop leak, water fountain stream, kitchen sink faucet stream, firehose and Niagara falls
blunt objects(5 levels): finger tips, big cooking spoon, skillet, caveman club and full size hammer
gag bags (5 levels): bakery single donut bag, lunch paper bag, groceries paper bag, 13 lb trash bag, and contractor bag
ah yes, we did have some treat with shirtless Paolo, Damian and at the end an even better shirtless Gabino, but I will digress. I was not in mood trying to send consolation to Gael via telepathy…
Refrito:
BeGoneYa gloats to the other woman (well, you would be laughing so hard at her expense you might have the 1st level waterworks going but she deserves to be hit with blunt level 2 object)… ‘my husband is a great man’ then walks in the cafeteria and finds Inmundo and II hugging, makes the wrong conclusion and then has the ‘wanna get away?’ moment (she probably wants to hide her face in gag bag no. 3) when Inmundo tells her II just lost her daughter, the dead woman floating in the lake. ‘pobre mujer!’
Gabino at blue house receives a very traumatized II(ww #2), Gab spits his tequila all over (needs bo #3)… it was my daughter!. the dead body of a woman in the lake was my daughter! And Carmina killed her!! I want you to kill her!!
AssGus arrives home and is miffed at still finding Carmina there… (AG, I will gladly hand you BO # 4)
What are you still doing here?? GET OUT!! / what can I do to have you forgive me? / nothing short of winning the top prize for disappearing act. / (CHA-SHUN!!, out comes her armed with the shotgun) /what are you doing with that? / it was in your study. / it was locked with key! /not anymore. (C points the sg at herself own neck in a show of intention to commit suicide, ok woman, spare us any more anxiety and do it already!)/ I will shoot and you will deal with the remorse for the rest of your life / go ahead (andale!)
Lo Nuevo:
A:If you think you should do that is because you cannot live with your conscience. andale! Shoot!.. what are you waiting for?... (Carmina falls to the floor either a) stressed out, b) low on iron blood level, or c) overwhelmed and exhausted at lifting the shotgun ) it is the last night you spend here at the quinta. No more extended reservations. I have been already too lenient with you.
Gabino arrives to quinta… brings Assgusto the contract of sale of Cielo Abierto. AssG wants to keep it to read it over. Gab tries to convince him to sign now.. here is the CERTIFIED check!.. I told you I want to read it. / I hope you don’t back off on the deal because you won’t find a better buyer/deal.
At Lucio’s, Lucio argues with AssGusto, you are an idiot If you sell the farm to Gab… But I need the money to pay Elisa’s debt! (get BO no. 3 ready, please someone!)  Gab is willing to buy it! / you are making a huge mistake! / I have no choice (ok, HIT HIM with BO #3! Or hand over GB no. 2). It really hurts to have to sell the lands I have worked since I was young (believe me, man when I am done with BO #4 with you you will REALLY be hurting!). I feel like a failure, as a farmer, as a man, and even as a father. (WW no. 2 moment for audience.. NOT!) / you don’t have to feel that way, I know your daughter feels proud of you despite everything. (now it is ww no.1 moment for audience) / even if she has forgiven me I have been away from her so long that I don’t know how to deal with her (Another blow with BO #3, please!) / that will come naturally. How is it going so far? / well, we have been getting close and we talked calmly. All we need is for Carmina to leave. After that we will be fine, I want to dedicate completely to building our relationship / happy to hear that.
Elisa/Lolita… they are still discussing Carmina’s lies about Elisa’s origin.. Lolita mad about Carmina’s lies for so long. / you are right, I have plenty reason to hate my aunt but I don’t want to waste my time in hatreds that will only make me more bitter… (ok BO no.2 with Elisa so she will stop that pitty ride!) / ’ahi viene la senora’ …(looks at Carmina) you have not packed your bags, right?... (in runs BeGoneYa to tell Carmina in front of Elisa and Lolita that the dead woman is Kenya, the one that was your husband’s lover).. Elisa and Lolita impactadas (ww no. 1, if any, they are totally frozen with the news), so is Carmina (this one needs a half dozen valiums, or to be knocked out with BO no5).
At bar, AssGusto is drinking again, tells waiter he is waiting for someone else …  In comes Damian. AssGusto had called for him to come meet him.  AssGus puts out his hand for a handshake, Dam reluctant to accept since last time was not so nicely received. Don’t understand why you called me to come if all was said last time we met / no, not all was said. I wanted to talk to you face to face as once you requested it.  I know you are a man through and through, not as your father. (COUGH COUGH!) / I am not in mood to talk about my father (ok, bo no.3 with him) / we have to talk about him! He put his passion ahead of everything else… You have no idea the pride I feel about my daughter, my Elisa, she is a warrior, a fighter. She has lived through struggles she did not deserve, but she is still going on. She is beautiful, strong, loyal, has many qualities. / Don A, I know who is Elisa real well. I fell in love with her for all you are saying and much more. And for the same reasons my life is falling apart for having to force myself to stop loving her. / you don’t have to. / Why are you telling me this? / your dad is not here, I don’t know if it is much value to you, but I am here for you. I know you since you were kid playing in my backyard. You climbed our trees to get the birds for Elisa. I respect you. I recognize as an old man I still have things to learn from you. Dam, I am not your father but from now on I want to consider you my son (arm stretched again and this time Dam smiles and shakes it) (awww… ww no. 3 at least on audience’s side, well, at least for those who can stomach AssGusto’s rebirth and Dam’s opinion of Elisa even with his acting so stoopid).
CB 1
Gael walking down sidewalk, near clinic, sort of stressed, runs into Inmundo..
G: Do you all know who it is?/ yes we know now… (I guess we never see the moment Gael finds out.. sigh!)
Still at bar, AssGus thanks Dam.. / well if you are happy for what I told you I need to tell you something else../ (Gael comes.. upset) /G:  the body we found is my sister Kenya… (Dam stands and hugs Gael in support. Gael visibly upset…)
At Castigo quinta, the four women are still slowly reacting (like in slow-mo)… Lolita reminds Elisa about the letter she found that Kenya had written for AssGusto where she wanted him to meet her at cenote… Elisa tells Lolita AssGus told her he never went to see Kenya. (Carmina is very scared)… Elisa says Kenya was desperate to talk to him… Elisa leaves, she has to go find Gael to be with him.
Carmina tries to make her exit to her room… BeGoneYa offers to accompany her, but Carmina says thanks but no thanks… BeGoneYa leaves. Lolita will go make tea. /thank you Lolita / but I will fix it for myself. All this has impressed me. If you want one go make it yourself. (one of my fav moments of the ep for sure, Lolita sure knows how to act defiant to Carmina, esp now that they know about her lies. Lolita is welcome to grab any BO she desires to smack Carmina on the head with it)
Gabino calls Carmina… II left him, she left town. / when did she leave? / last night. I came back and she was gone. But why so curious about her? / nothing, but her daughter showed up dead. They just identified the body a few hours ago. / do you want the blue house or not? / I don’t know / if you don’t need it I can stay / I need a place to live, besides that is MY house. / understood. (he hangs up, turns out II is there, seems they have a plan against Carmina or at least he is making II believe he is on board with it.)
CB 2
Ramona and Pal at hut, Ramona hopes they already identified the body. Now will you tell me what happened with Gael? / there is nothing to say, we just broke up. He will never stop thinking of Elisa. (would someone hand me BO no. 3 so I can smack Pal out of her pathetic attitude?) / So much worse for him, Elisa will never look at him, her love belongs to another and that will never change. / That changed, because Elisa and Dam can never love each other… funny you have not heard, it seems both are children of Rosie’s. (boy Pal, you are so behind in the town gossip… but you have been stuck on yourself) / where did you hear that nonsense? / Ah sure, THAT is silly (no, girl, YOU are stoopid, which is a different problem altogether), it gives Gael a hope to still be with Elisa. But I am the dumb that can never get anything right.. (You said it, girl!) / time to fix all this. Now even my own folks are involved-affected by it / what are you going to do now? / I know my game. But this time only death will stop me from telling the truth. (another empty vow from Ramona? We will see)
At Rectory Elisa comes to find Gael.. tells Loopy that Kenya was found dead at the lake… Loopy impactado (Gael and Dam come in, Loopy looks at him wordless, total eye to eye communication there) .. Elisa offers her support for Gael. I love you.. / I love you, Elisa. (hug) My Elisa. (Dam watches the hug/crying from behind, he closes the door and leaves). (ww no. 2 for audience?) Loopy suggests to Elisa to go find Dam. Gael begs her to stay for 5 min. (sad puppy face on Gael… here here, let Elisa go, I will  hug you myself) Loopy tries to say something else, but Gael tells him AssGus is waiting for him at church, Loopy hugs Gael and offers some comforting words, then leaves. (I’m on WW no.4, can’t help it)
E: I am sorry for what happened to Kenya. I imagine how you feel. You met her so recently and she was your sister.
G: Not only that. She was the only family I had.
E: We all are here, and we are (your family) too. Loopy, myself, Ingrid is your mother. (ww moment no 3 at least)
G: Ingrid. She is not my  mom just because she gave birth to me. (hmm... I guess II had that coming, even if it is rough to say about the grieving mother at this precise moment)
E: She must be suffering too. (exactly)
G: What suffering?! I am sure she is not feeling anything for what happened (well, Gael, you don’t really know, do you?)… everything is wrong, everything is … tangled… Ingrid came a while back asking for my help. I sent her away…(precisely why you should give her some slack right about now, ww no. 3 moment)
E: I know how it must hurt you .. I know it hurts to know she abandoned you. but she is your mother and she needs you. don’t let rancor drive/blind you. You don’t know what I would give to have my mother with me. (Memo to Elisa: this is NOT ALL ABOUT YOU! IT’S about GAEL, remember?) Don’t waste the chance to be near her. ( I am still trying to troubleshoot my ww no. 4 issue, not quite at no. 5 yet though)
Loopy/AssGus at church
Loopy: I thought you had forgotten how to make the sign of the cross.
A: its been a while but I did not forget. I remember when you told me I had gone away from God.
L: and I remember telling you that you had lost your faith.
A: It is not until now that I dare get on my knees and ask God for forgiveness for my mistakes.
L: You are a good man. ( ww no. 1 heading to no.2)
A: I not only ruined my daughter’s life but also the life of a young girl who died for my cause.
(ok first Lucio and now Loopy have to hear him on this self-blame stance.. GB no.3!!)
L: Don’t say that.
A: Maybe coming here is no use. (you are so far messed up, man, that you may be right, GB4!! GB4!!)
L: Don’t doubt God’s mercy. He will always give us forgiveness. God always listens, forgives and offers redemption to whoever is repentant of their sins. (is he somehow talking to Carmina as well?.. anyway sounds like GB no. 2 or ww no.3, depending on how you feel about AssGusto)
CB 3
Outside the butcher shop Horacio is just closing and walking away… runs into Dam on street… Dam is happy Horacio is doing well with the business… Horacio notices Dam is sad.. its Elisa (oh no, here we go again with self pity ww or gb no. 2). I knew she would go to Gael’s arms and I knew it would happen sooner or later but it is still tough to watch. / I know from Lolita that Elisa is suffering too / Yeah maybe but I knew Elisa would get over it. … about AssGus, I knew she would be able to forgive him… (Dam leaves not wanting to talk about Elisa anymore). (ww or gb no. 2)
At confessional in church.. (the ww and/or gb continues… but I still say hit AssGusto with BO no.3 and take him out of his misery)
A: Kenya was pretty and seductive. She confused me. I could not get her out of my head.
L: For the love of God, she was younger than your daughter.
A: I could not help it.
L: Did you have anything to do with her?
A: Not further than a kiss… I think she killed herself when I broke up any contact with her.
L: (not agreeing that AssGus is to blame for Kenya’s death.. loudly) in any case, if she killed herself, it was on her own initiative/decision. She always knew you were married and much older and your relationship was impossible.
A: I could have dealt with her in a different way. I did not have the sensibility or the reasoning to do things the right way. I feel responsible.
L: YOU are not!! Even if you keep blaming yourself, … (makes the sign of the cross to finish rite of reconciliation..) .. I hope your soul will find some peace.
CB 4
Ramona shows up at Castigo Manor’s backyard. Lolita finds her.
Ramona came to find AssGusto. Lolita has no idea when he will be back. Invites Ramona to coffee in kitchen. Ramona accepts. But at that moment Horacio gets home, Ramona gives him the sting stare ( I am sure she would rather have BO no.3 at hand) tells Lolita she changed her mind about the coffee, will leave instead. Just tell AssGusto to go find me at my house, have something very important to tell him. Lolita barks at Horacio  and reminds him that Ramona always said there is something fishy about him.
AssGus and Loopy at church.
Now that I am here, wan t to talk to you about something else… about Carmina. When everything was cleared, at that moment I was so confused I could not ask you… what?... how you knew Carmina had lied about Elisa’s origin. … Just my intuition.... But you were so sure, you were willing to talk if she would not. She only talked because she felt threatened… I already told you, it was just a sixth sense! I will repeat to you what I told Elisa. I knew your wife Stefie very well, and know she would not have lied to you about something so important. You have always believed the contrary, but Stefie never failed you, never betrayed you, she only loved YOU. … what are you trying to tell me father? Don’t give me half stories… so sorry, AssGusto, but I can’t tell you anymore than I have already told you (dang! That is just like hitting AG with BO no.3)… I feel like you have something else important to tell me… I only can tell you to go talk to Ramona… Ramona? What does she have to do with all this? … you just do as I say, go find her! It is time to clear everything up!... (and please!! For the love of GOD!!, don’t have any accidents, get accidentally shot or thrown from your horse on the way, lets get this done once and for all!! Or I will kill you myself with BO no. 5!!)
Quique arrives home and finds Sabrina with Paolo there (Ok, Paolo is shirtless but I am not in the mood, sorry), gets mad and wants to kick him out. But Sabrina does not let him kick out Paolo. Quique goes on to his room, Paolo tells Sabrina not to worry, that Quique is just mad that Flo sent him packing again (someone please hand me BO no. 3 and I will kick Paolo out of the Tovar house myself!)..
At Dam’s bedroom Flo is planning their future life in Mex City (yes, again!!)… Dam says WHOA!! don’t go so fast, we will talk to my uncle Loopy to begin the planning of the wedding… I am dying to be your wife, to sleep with you every night… (they sleep together again, again Dam is shirtless but I am more sick than turned on by it because of his company… excuse me I have to run to the bathroom or look for GB no.4)… During the lovemaking, Dam calls her Elisa, Flo gets mad and  shuts the door and yells at her that it is the pits that he thinks of Elisa… I will remind you Elisa is my sister, my love for her cannot exist, so you don’t have to be jealous. Right now the only woman for me is you.  (GB no.2 or better moment)
AssGus goes to Elisa’s room, notices she hides something when she realizes he is there, he gets mad and reminds her they agreed to have no secrets for each other(ok, is this the man who kept to himself that he believed her to be Rosie’s child for how many years? Hit him with BO no.3 please!)… Elisa was hiding the letter she had found from Kenya. AssGus asks why did you not tell me until now?…you did not want to hear anything else about Kenya, and I did not want you to fall in her game again… I had no idea Kenya’s situation would go so far with me (BO no.2 moment or GB no.2)… what happened with Kenya was not your fault (oh please, don’t start again!)…. Some time you blamed me about your mother’s death… lets not talk about anything bad… I talked to Dam… (Elisa not happy about that) what did you tell him? … the truth, that I cared about him, that I respected him… I don’t want you to talk to him about me… but dear, Dam is a good man, and he is very much in love with you, and I would like you to find the happiness you have never had (hmmm. Gb no.2?)… thank you for worrying about me… I love you… I love you more dad.. (he leaves, she cries and grabs her amulet… FF>>)
 (ww no.2 AND gb no.2 at same time)
Lolita runs into AssGusto… Did Carmina leave? / yes, but she did not take her bags/oranges/passionfruit/ apricots/peaches/habaneros/orange no.3 self-tanning spray with her. Dona Ramona came looking for you, said for you to go see her because she has something important to tell you. / about what? / she just said that. (again, please no accidents, getting shot, falling off the horse, or rescuing anyone on your way please!)
Carmina finds Gabino digging a hole… / what are you doing? / I am digging your grave, Carmina. Sorry but Ingrid asked me to kill you for what you did to her daughter. (shoots an empty gun? .. had to laugh this was the funniest moment of the episode, Carmina’s face is priceless…)
AssGus sitting by the edge of the lake, which is a creepy location for reading Kenya’s letter, which is mostly a love declaration, ‘my life has no meaning without you..’ (no word about Carmina or about wanting to talk to him about Stefie or Elisa or anything else)
Ramona comes to him and says she had been waiting for him... here is where they found Kenya, right?… Kenya? I Did not know they had identified the body… Lolita told me you came looking for me, and Loopy wanted me to talk to you. It is for the same thing, right? … what I wanted to tell you was that Elisa and Damian are not siblings… I know that already. I am just surprised you know all these things… (Ramona tells him about the night Stefie and Rosie died, that the car was coming inbound, not outbound. AssGus does not want to hear whatever else she has to say (and if you don’t listen, man, I will personally kill you with BO no.5 right now and get YOUR and OUR agony over with!!)… You won’t go anywhere until I tell you everything I know about that  night, and then you make your own conclusions about who was supposed to be in the car with Rosie, if Stefie, or her sister.. Carmina.( THERE!! FINALLY!!! Now lets see if he can handle the TRUTH!! Good, cause I am tired already of swinging that skillet at his head by now!)
Prev:
A: What did Stefie say before dying? …
Gab pointing gun to Carmina.
Elisa walks into church to find Dam and Flo, Flo happily announces to Elisa that she and Dam will get married. Elisa very upset but dry eyes… Dam sad. (GB no.4 final moment of the night)
I was so busy getting all the wording but I did get to see some of the wordless facial acting on Gael, Loopy, Lucio and even Lolita… very nicely done… LOVED Salvador’s and Sabina’s faces in the last scene with Gab and Carmina too.
I am jumping for Joy that Ramona FINALLY was able to get with AssGusto!!

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you, Super Marta Miércoles! You were very wise to assemble all your tools before tackling this messy episode. Grand job, as always!

It's too bad you couldn't enjoy your boy Mark's face (that's the problem with recapping and trying to jot down the words), but you would have been proud. He did good.

I wonder who will end up buried in that freshly dug grave at the Blue House of Shame -- I'm so afraid Carmina will end up subletting that piece of property ...
 

I watch this show but don't always get the chance to comment. Notice Assgusto didn't tell Damian that he and Elisa are not brother and sister, I guess he assumed Damian knew. Also Marta- Assgusto was not drinking. He told the bartender after all the years of drinking he was giving it up, and the bartender was joking with him and saying he was his best customer. I beleive Assgusto asked for agua di limon or cafe.
 

Oh, and Marta loved the recap too. You always do a marvelous job.
 

thanks for noting that Madelaine, at that moment my grandson did not let me listen well to what AssGusto and the waiter were talking.
also, forgot a couple more things in Carmina's baggage: the witch hat, flying broom and her favorite trick or treat plastic pumpkin. BRIGHT ORANGE of course.

and I did get to see some of Mark's facial expression, could not miss it for the world. just could not stare at him too long without falling too far behind on the recap and since i am recapping real-time, no time to freeze.
 

Oh my, this was a most excellent recap. Another very talky Wednesday night. What a great theme, all the levels of waterworks, blunt objects and gag bags.

Hallelujah! Ramona finally decided to talk.

I loved the scene where Lolita told Carmina to make her own tea, bwahahaha!

Second favorite scene, when Gabino was digging the grave and informed Carmina it's hers. Yowza, I can't wait to see what happens next, although I'm fairly sure it will be NOTHING.

Marta, I laughed hard when you said "...lets get this done once and for all!! Or I will kill you myself with BO no. 5!!" I know the feeling amiga.

I'm sorry, but Paolo macking on Sabrina really grossed me out. The way he acted with her...blech! Marta, let's you and I grab Blunt Objects #2 and #3 and tag team Paolo, shall we? Who else wants to join in?

OK, by the end of this episode there was no way I could keep track of WW, BO and GB. Marta, how do you do it? I'm not sure but I enjoyed the heck out of it. Thank you Super Marta!
 

Stuff we learned:

The town learned Kenia is dead.

Augusto learned to get right before the Lord.

Elisa learned to make Kenia's death all about her.

Ramona learned to make Augusto finally listen to what she has to say.

Florencia learned Damian is lusting for his "sister."*


*Seriously, Florencia? Why (besides blackmail) would you want to be with a man who is dreaming of having sex with his sister? That's messed up. It would be wise to back off. I know you can't do that with Alfie blackmailing you and all, but still.
 

I love the blunt object thing, Marta. This series definitely deserves it.

That grave will be filled but we're stuck with the Orange Menace until the end, so it will be with her next victim. I'm sure that will be Assgusto now that he knows too much.
 

Elna June: I missed replying to you last night about those Black Widow Shoes. They can be found at The Pyramid Collection.
 

Marta, this was great. Loaded with humor and great wit. Very clever and tremendous fun "(and please!! For the love of GOD!!, don’t have any accidents, get accidentally shot or thrown from your horse on the way, lets get this done once and for all!!".

Like you, I was surprised (and puzzled) that we didn't get to see Gael's reaction to finding out it was Kenia.

Thank you for translating so much of the dialogue. I thought the good padre had the best lines of the evening. The truth: "I will repeat to you what I told Elisa. I knew your wife Stefie very well, and know she would not have lied to you about something so important. You have always believed the contrary, but Stefie never failed you, never betrayed you, she only loved YOU" - and nothing but the truth. I cheered at: "I thought you had forgotten how to make the sign of the cross" and "For the love of God, she was younger than your daughter". Excellent.

Ramona's withering glare at Horacio was bone chilling. More warning flares for Lolita...

So will Augie believe Ramona? I know I would pay careful heed to anything she had to say. I don't think his stubborness will evaporate quickly.

NovelaMaven:" I wonder who will end up buried in that freshly dug grave at the Blue House of Shame -- I'm so afraid Carmina will end up subletting that piece of property". Fabulous.

Sylvia, I'm with you and Marta. Paolo? A definite waste of space.

Thanks again Marta!

Diana
 

marta - Thank you for the recap. Your categories of WW, BO and GB are brilliant!

I noticed that camera lingering on the shotgun.

Madelaine - you are correct --Augusto at the bar refused alcohol and wanted coffee. Elisa went over to Damian's (a few episodes ago) to tell him they're not sibs and that is when she found him in bed with Flo, so she never told him.

I have a bad feeling about Augusto. Confession, apologizing and making peace with Damian, insisting on reading Gabino's sale conract. And that shotgun lurking in the room.

Is it my imagination or TV screen that Carmina is looking a bit less … orange?
 

Great recap with wonderful snark.

Well, Augusto ought to be able to put it together now. Lupe told him and now Ramona told him. Did Elisa ever tell him that Stefi had locked Carmina up in her room so that she couldn't get out. I don't remember.

Maybe the grave is for Kenia. But, the scene was worth the price of admission just to see the look on Carmina's face.
 

Pasofino,
Did Elisa ever tell him that Stefi had locked Carmina up in her room so that she couldn't get out. I don't remember.
no, but she told Ramona so Ramona will surely give AssGusto that pice of info also. that way he will realize that Stefie was blocking Carmina from escaping with Rosie, since he already knows Carmina was planning on leaving that day, just does not know it was WITH Rosie! it will make even more sense to him than it did to Elisa.
i dont want to spoil anything but i wonder (haven't seen any of these eps in advance) how they will change this version vs the original
 

Marta, how you continue to think of these brilliant ideas on your recaps just amazes me! How do you do it? This was definitely an episode of tears, frustration, anger---and that was just from viewerville! It was all the patio could do from drinking ourselves to oblivion.

Gael-my heart. In a way, sorry we didn't get that moment when he first heard of Kenia. I'm sure Mark would have knocked it out of the park. But he was tremendous in the scenes he had. And the look from Padre, awwww, I'm tearing. Gael just falling into quiet resignation that once again he feels "family-less". Maybe Elisa was ok to point out he does have family ( she should take a lessen on not falling into a pity party herself for sure), but I get where he hasn't warmed to II. From his discussions with Kenia, he knew she wasn't the most loving mother. Unless II has some sort of transformation, I'm not sure I want him to get all lovey-dovey with her anyway. If she stays the same money-grubber, she'll just use him. And she'll have to deal with me if she pulls that!

I'll join in the group that thinks Asshat may not be long for this world. Starting to feel like we all felt when we just knew Kenia was going to be a goner. Though I thought the grave digging scene was rather ingenious ( and I swear I could hear Cynderella's squeals of delight at a shirtless Gabs), I agree that we are most likely stuck with Creamsicle for the long haul.

And there's the letter---the blasted letter. So all the wrong people know about it, and Asshat takes it. He burns paternity results, but betting he doesn't destroy the letter. If Carmina doesn't get him, the police will.

So Dam Stoopid still doesn't know he's not Elisa's sibling-boo hoo. Frankly, even after his little slip up with Flo, he went right back into "got to have me some" mode. And he gets shook up by a Gael/Elisa hug...yeah, right.

I want to see QuiQui "qik" Paolo's ass (excuse my french).He needs to lose that ugly shirt first. That make-out scene was uncomfortable to watch.

And I just wish Weepsa2 ( Pal) would just suck it up already. I was a bit put off by her crying at work--we've all had those days. You don't sit crying at work--you just don't. But just once, I would like to see a strong YOUNG girl after shedding a few tears, pull herself together, straighten out the spine and say "Ok, I'm hurt, but I will move on. I don't need a man to be worth something."

Bad enough we will have Weepsa1 going at it I'm sure over the pending wedding news.

Thank you Ramona!! Finally!! This may be the confrontation of all confrontations when Asshat goes against Creamsicle on that one. And the anvils are edging ever closer....
 

Super Marta Miercoles, outstanding! My only wish is that we could have had your set of tools: waterworks, blunt objects and gag bags at the beginning, I think viewerville could crafted a better novela! You amaze me, you must be the most responsible person in the world, I love every minute of your recaps.

Doris, I’m thinking Carmina is less orange as well, and more cagey and scary too. The lingering camera shot of the shotgun was ominous. Yes, Augusto’s attempt to get his life in order doesn’t bode well for him!

Sylvia, if Marta’s busy, I’ll help with the blunt objects on Paulo, what a slime ball! Diana, yes, you’re right, he is truly a “waste of space”!!

A question, is Flor in on the “steal Sabrina’s baby plot”? She can’t be because she doesn’t know yet, right? At this point she’s just going to try her unsuccessful pregnancy plot again, knowing that she is really infertile. You have to admit, if not using one of Marta’s gag bags, we’ll have to snicker if Dam falls for the same ploy twice in one novela! ....Really!!
 

If Edmundo figures out that his daughter is embarazada, that plot could go right out the window.
 

A question, is Flor in on the “steal Sabrina’s baby plot”? She can’t be because she doesn’t know yet, right?
----------------

Florencia not only knows about the Sabrina baby plot, she's the mastermind. She's the one who told Paolo to get cozy with Sabrina, then when the time comes for Florencia to have her "baby," they would just take Sabrina's instead and make Sabrina believe her baby died.
 

Thanks Anon207, I missed that, and it makes a huge difference!
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

yes anon is right, Flo is not only in on it, she actually is the one that came up with the plan.. and if not for her blackmailing Paolo into doing it (since if they don't, not only she has no Dam but none of them has any money at all, and they all enjoy the 'good life', esp those two), they would have to be packing their bags to leave the hacienda.
what Flo does not now (at least i dont think she knows) is that Paolo and Gabino are the ones responsible for the 'desfalco' at the procesadora.
 

Thank you, Marta. Brilliant as usual. I loved the Blunt Object theme and " Did Carmina leave? / yes, but she did not take her bags/oranges/passionfruit/ apricots/peaches/habaneros/orange no.3 self-tanning spray with her. " was just inspired. I also like the additions to the list that you put in the comments.

ToadHead has made up with Elisa, made peace with Dam and the Lord. He's a goner for sure (pure conjecture.)
 

Gabino is probably the character with the most choices at this moment. He has three middle-aged women wanting him to be their loyal dog and he can ‘out’ any one of them anytime, but is that the ‘right’ move for him?
Lets see…
II: she knows about the plane tickets, she knows he has been teaming with Alfie on other stuff and she knows the blue house is Carmina’s and about Carmina and Rosie’s affair. As far as getting power and/or money, that would only happen if they use Gael and Gael is willing to claim the half of the Arango empire he is entitled to, but Gabino knows Gael better than that, so he knows Gael would only do that if forced/trapped into doing it, if at all. So II does not have the sure-thing potential of power/money that Alfie has.

Carmina: well, he certainly knows all about her, and most of what he knows AssGusto would be thrilled to find out. As long as he knows stuff about Carmina and either AssGusto and/or Alfie is around, the secrets he holds on Carmina are very valuable. But won’t get him the fortune he wants or the power he dreams of having.

Alfonsina… well, he did burn the green house for her and he knows she has played dirty several times to keep Damian and Elisa apart. Besides, he wants her fortune and her properties… and her power most of all, and as long as she is alive he has a slim chance at becoming the owner of the hacienda.

So who will he chose to ‘out’? my money is on II, he will team with Carmina and II will end up ending up in the hole he just dug.
 

Muchas gracias Marta. I enjoyed your recounting of all of these important conversations last night. Although the half finished conversations (Dam/Augie, Dam/Horacio) where the half-sibs lie wasn't revealed to Dam, really drove me batty. I would have been ready to throw my show at the tv had Romona not finally gotten out some new info to Augie.

I have no idea what Gab will do with the grave or who will end up there. What a great cliffhanger!
 

Although the half finished conversations (Dam/Augie, Dam/Horacio) where the half-sibs lie wasn't revealed to Dam, really drove me batty.
---
Ditto. I should be used to it since it is a much used convention on TNs, but I'm not.

When I show TNs in class it is always fun to listen to my students groan and shout "Tell him/her!!!!"
 

another reason for Gab to 'out' II, is the Gael origin would die with her since Loopy would never reveal it and Carmina has no good reason to... so Alfie would not be in danger of losing her 'reputation/power' in La Ermita. Besides he would win major points with Alfie if II just fades away.
 

Another question, did Rosendo actually deed the property to Carmina? I thought he failed to sign the papers. Carmina thinks the casita belongs to her and has been swaggering around about it, I know.

Gabino hates Alfonsina, but I don’t think he’d kill her yet, they are locked in some strange non-sexual sadomasochistic struggle. Just using novela law, it’s not time for Carmina to go, she will meet her fate in the ultimas semanas. II is logical, she has gotten a little messy lately, screaming at the office, etc. Of course, dear Kenia could be the one, she is already dead! I hate for her to be buried on the Arango property, she needs to be in a church grave yard, a concrete angel.

UA, what happened to your re-casting of the blockbusters? I couldn’t find it. Casablanca isn’t really a blockbuster, but it would be fun to recast with latin actors.
 

Sandy, i like your idea of Kenya becoming a concrete angel in the church grounds somewhere...
 

i think if Gabino knew for sure that Rosendo did not get around to signing the blue house over to Carmina he would have used that against her, so as far as i will assume, Carmina is indeed the owner of the blue house.
 

Does Carmina know about Gael being Rosendo's? I can't keep up with details very well.
 

Thanks Marta, this is great. I always admire your translations and enjoyed the various intensity level classifications and magnitudes. We happen to be experiencing level 5 waterworks here today. Had to turn back on way to work this morning because of street flooding. At the moment we have our own moat with waves lapping at the front and back porches.

Well I thought for sure our Augusto was going to get tagged out last night and I still don't have much hope for his long-term survival prospects.

How is it possible that Damián still doesn't know that Elisa is not his sister? I couldn't understand why Augusto didn't tell him.

Ingrid wasn't much of a loving mother for a live Kenia but she certainly makes one heck of a vengeful mother now that Kenia's dead.

Carlos
 

Carlos,
AssGusto was going to tell Dam about Elisa and him not being siblings, but at that very moment Gael showed up to tell them that the dead woman floater was his sister Kenya so the opportunity evaporated right then and there.
and I agree that II was not a model mother while Kenya was alive, but now she is using Kenya's death to have Gabino 'out' Carmina... not sure if more for getting Carmina out of the way or for actual vengeance on Kenya's death. but i will give her the benefit of the doubt and say she does care about Kenya's loss in her very own way of loving her kids.
 

I ask Viewerville to ponder the following unsavory questions: Why is Agusto attracted to younger women like Kenyia? What exactly are his feelings for his daughter Elisa? Why was Elisa ready to go live happily ever after with Augusto and dump her passion, Damian? Is there an unhealthy relationship, at least on a psychological level, between father and daughter?
 

Hi, MartaIvette:

Well, you did a super job on a dialogue FILLED capitulo. I needed every one of your blunt objects on multiple occasions. I felt like I was playing 'Whack A Mole" last night, Hahahahah. WW, BO and GB indeed!

To whom does the grave belong?

What a cliffhanger!

Thanks again, Marta! I am glad you recapped this episode!

EJ
 

Anon@1:08:

You have hit upon a very hot topic on this site. We have been pondering just this question here for many weeks. We have ranted about it and raved about it in many a post over many days.

To summarize, many of the bloggers here believe that Augusto is presented as having an unhealthy and unsavory attachment to teenage girls. Many of us found Elisa's willingness to run away with her father/not father to be creepily reminiscent of Nobokov's Lolita. Many of the bloggers here have examined Augusto's character and have found it to be flawed in the extreme and perhaps fouled as well. As a fictional character, his psychology is open to endless debate as to an actual diagnosis, but in virtually no case would his be considered a healthy and well balanced personality.

Some of the bloggers here hold strongly to the belief that all persons deserve a chance at redemption up until their very last breath. Presumably, those persons are pleased with Augusto's confession in the church and before his God last night.

Some bloggers would desire to see such a repentance lived out in a form of behavior that demonstrated sincerity.

Most of us would agree that according to Telenovela Law as we understand it, Augusto is not long for this world.

Elna June
 

Could part of the issue be that Elisa is dressed too damn sexy? Although Flor dresses in those clingly dresses and tops, and I never get a creepy feeling between her and Guido, even when she's hugging/hanging on to her papa.

Yes, Augie's history of being attracted to young women/teen girls adds majorly to the creep factor. As does the fact that for most of Elisa's life, he has not believed her to be his daughter, but instead a blow-up doll version of his dead wife.

But there has never been any overt incidents/hints that he feels anything sexual for Elisa. Which is a relief.
 

Sandy in TN, it got buried quickly on the weekend because the lead page is only so long.

Televisa Remakes -- Classic Movie Edition 1.
 

Marta..so sorry to be getting here late to read your excellent recap and chuckle at your STRONG reactions to the action. Don't hold back, amiga mia. Go for it!!

Always appreciate the detail and the work it entails. Doubly appreciative since my VCR does not record the CC's for some reason. Mind you, it's good not to have the crutch of the captions, but rewarding to have confirmation of my understanding when I read your well-crafted recap.

Gracias Marta Miercoles!
 

Vivi- I agree that a combination of wardrobe and chest enhancements make every scene with Ms Boyer look somehow more sexualized than it should. Since Dam and she are no longer wearing the amulets, I expect her wardrobe to continue to test the limits of propriety. She only dresses well when she and Dam are together.

Flor's wardrobe is a "I'm proud of my cute figure" statement. Elisa's wardrobe just says "Hey! Boobies!"
 

OH EM GEEE!! Sara, your last line is hylarious!!! and so true!!
 

I totally agree Sara. I also want to give kudos to EJ and Vivi for their thoughtful responses earlier. Augusto totally creeps me out but not in "that" way. I blame the wardrobe department, not Augusto, for making me even consider that Elisa and Augie's relationship might be anything other than father and daughter.
 

Oh I really love your recaps. I don't want Carmeany to die yet, she has a lot of evil secrets yet to be divulged.Correct me if I am mistaken but there was one blogger that has mentioned something about Carmeany accusing Eliza of killing her baby brother and it was her? Is this right?
 

Hi Anon, Elisa was just a little girl at the time. She wanted to have a pool party for her birthday and to be mean Carmeany drained it. Later she got mad at Elisa and was chasing her to beat her. Elisa ran by the empty pool, Carmeany tripped and fell splat! Face down in the empty pool. So it's all Elisa's fault the baby died according to Carmeany. Poor little Elisa cried and cried (no surprise) for her dead little brother.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder