Saturday, July 21, 2012

Refugio Para el Amor #75 Fri 7/20/12 Luci determined to go back home and forget but not forgive; Coo-Coo Rosa practices selective listening; Dumb-Hunk acts even dumber‏


Recap by Marta Ivett

Too little, too late, dumb boy...
Ariche/Rod (from here on named ‘DUMB-USELESS-Head’ [DUH])…
Is it true there won’t be a wedding?
Yes, but don’t be angry.
You lied to me! You are not a friend! You did not fulfill your promise!
But I want us to stay friends… look at me. Don’t you want us to stay being friends?

A long overdue intro meeting
Paz/Pato (who I will refer to as Wheelchair Prince Charming [WPC] from here on out) greet cordially.
WPC says Luci is very important to him.
Paz tells him he is very well returned… you are as nice/good as my daughter had told me.

Rosa sends Frigida to walk Paz out. WPC asks Rosa what Paz came for.
Rosa is visibly put off by Paz’s visit, grinds her teeth wondering angrily why Paz came.
WPC: Surely because you treated her daughter so harshly/bad. (You tell her my prince!)

On her way out Paz thanks Mati for making it so she could see Rosa.
And above all for caring for my daughter. Mati says Luciana makes it so everyone likes/cares for her.
Frigida comes and yells at Paz to leave already.
Bruja!! (Magda yells right in her face. LOL!)

Coo-Coo selective listening but son paralized, not blind or deaf
Back inside, Rosa confirms WPC’s guess.
WPC: I love you, mom, but I am not stoopid. I know you were at least partly responsible for DUH’s divorce, and knowing it deeply disappoints me.

More Coo-Coo selective listening
WPC leaves and Connie comes in.
Rosa begins to babble that she is at peace after Paz’s visit. I know well my position and hers.
Connie questions the truth in that statement.
C: You change moods like you change outfits. (I would say more like she is bipolar/psychotic)
(they both express plans to leave, these two treat each other as nosy sisters)
R: I am not a teen anymore and you are not my mom. (I am getting here a vibe that Connie is older)

At San Fran el Alto
Don Aqui is mad, talking to himself about Procopio’s bad job. His new guy arrives and Don Aqui brags that he is the most powerful man in town and in the nearby galaxies (LOL!)… the gossip ladies arrive and
Aquiles says ‘eramos muchos y pario my abuela’ (we were too many already and grandma had another)

Luci/Marianita
Luci suggest they talk to Lic Linares so he can help locate Marianita's mom.

Back to DUH/Ariche
Please say something to me.
I gave you the ball my grandpa made for me.
Do you want it back?
No, what you give is not asked for in return, and I gave it to you because I love you.
Thank you, I will save it then as something very valuable to me.
No, don’t save it away, play with it (yeah, DUH, Knock your own head with it until you snap out of your DUMB trance!). It needs to be played with.
So we are still friends?
I say yes, but if you will not marry Luci anymore, I don’t know.

…  (small scene with Jana, Lula and Boris)

Ariche/DUH
I will tell u something. Pay attention. I am speaking from my heart. I will always watch over Luci, her mom and you.
I will too watch Luci and her mom, also Dona Magda.
You are brave, you even ate a worm.
You ate one too.
Yes I am brave. I don’t even mind that I won’t get on the plane now that there won’t be a wedding.
How about I take you for ride on the plane?
Yeah? Que padre!! Then I will use my new outfit (the one for the wedding) on the plane ride!
Deal!

Vio, you must be either blind or really really SLOW
In Vio’s room.. Vio upset, they leave her alone with Polo.
P: How about we take your mom sightseeing somewhere?
V: I haven’t even had time to think about it. I have been out of it, maybe its anguish over the chance my mom will discover my lie that I have kept for so many years.
P: How about telling her the truth? A job is an honest way to earn a living. She will understand.
V: Maybe you are right.
P: Can I ask you something personal?.. What happened with your dad?
V: Once when I was little, mom said my dad died. And well, after we came to the capital, then the subject came up again and she said he had left, abandoned us before he even found out I was on the way.
P: Wouldn’t you like to know about him?
V: Don’t know. But I don’t want to talk about it.
P: Sorry.

Gala in her office… her secretary is still reporting to her on the fraud at TL. Gala not interested anymore.
Rosa calls Gala. Rosa asks her not to come over. Will see you at your apt, nothing serious, just don’t want anyone to find out we are meeting frequently. … Gala hangs up with Rosa, calls Julie. Gala tells her Rosa is coming to loft, Julie not willing to cancel a date with an Italian hunk for a visit from Rosa.

DUH/Ariche…
Ariche tells DUH Luci is studying for her test at Estelita’s house. DUH seems happily surprised about it.
A: Don’t make her angry/upset. eh?
DUH: Of course not.
DUH turns around and there is Luci with Marianita. DUH asks to speak to her.
Marianita says her magic wand does work. There you have DUH, Luciana!
Luci says will go leave the kids and come back right away. DUH will wait for her.

Vicky is tackled/dragged into the toilet paper supply room by Aldo (is that his executive office? Lol!)..
‘I am an important exec (Dream on, boy!). Now I am Max’s personal assistant, so we still can see each other in hiding’. Vicki not so convinced. Aldo insists, ‘What do you want me to do if I like you?!’ Vicky admits she likes him too but is totally freaked out about ‘mi osito’. She sneaks out but Max sees her right at door.
M: What are you doing in that room? (He repeats the question and she comes up with excuse was looking for restroom.) ‘Down the hall on the right.’
Max looks back to the room door, very suspicious of what was going on in that room.

How many times do we need to watch a scene like this before pride gives in to love between these two?
Luci gives DUH back his pretty present box minus the bow (the one he sent with a cell phone, wallet with money and credit card). He is miffed instantly. Says he came to talk, to try to settle/fix things between them. And she welcomes him that way??. She says she will also return the money he sent Paz. He says the money was not for her, it was for Paz. Luci says WE (you go girl!) never accept money we didn’t earn.
R: I am opening a communication so we can talk about what we feel and expect from each other.
L: I expected much of you. I put my life in your hands. Gave you my heart. And for What? For what, DUH?
R: Then there is nothing to say between us. Of these memories… there is nothing left?
L: Not anymore. That is why I want you to take them. I don’t want to see you again.
R: I should not have come to find you. It is clear it is all over between us.
L: Yes, it’s over. (he starts to leave but turns around)
R: I am leaving… loving you more than my life. But if you don’t want me at your side anymore, I can’t do anything else. Goodbye, Luciana.
L: (after he is away) Goodbye, mushashon.
(These two have prides bigger than the grand canyon.)
(In come Paz, Estelita and Magda, DUH briefly greets them on his way out. Paz tells Luci right away that she comes from visiting RETL. Luci impactada.)
‘Yes Luci, I went to see the woman that has hurt you so much.’
Paz leaves. Magda and Estelita can’t tell Luci what Paz talked to Rosa about, but something DID happen because Paz was very quiet the whole way back.

Give it up, Padre. Send this woman to the nut house or a monastery so she can pray away her sins for a year.
Rosa visits Padre, tells him calm came back to the TL family.
‘You know that won’t happen until you do what you need to.’
‘Paz came to visit me. She understood that the best is she return to town with Luci.’
‘Luci returning to her hometown will not solve the problem and you know it.’
Coo-cooRosa acts as if she did not hear him at all. Kisses his hand and leaves.

Ariche/Marianita (such a sweet 30 second conversation)…
Mariana tells Ariche he is right, if you wish things hard enough, they come true. All we need now is for my mom to come back. Ari tells Mar DUH has a plane and offered to give him a ride, and maybe he could use the plane to go find her mom.

Frig/Mati…
Frig surprised Rosa received Paz with red carpet trmt, in the library ‘como si fuera la gran senora’ (as if she were the Grand Damme).
Mati rants at her ‘don’t talk about what you don’t know.’
Frig brags ‘as maitre’d of this house I know every move in the house, even a few secrets of the family.'

Back to San Fran el Alto
Aquiles receives the gossip girls… calls them ‘los heraldos de San Fran el alto’ (‘El Heraldo’ is the main newspaper in Mexico)… the ladies tell him the priest was very ill but is getting better… Aquiles is not at all interested in a priest health report, ‘Don’t you have something better to do?’... 'You are in nasty mood lately.' They also tell him Procopio is now working (or did they say ‘fooling’? LOL!) with Dona Lucha..(is this the heavy woman?)

Luci and Paz at Vio’s
Luci pokes Paz for info. Luci is miffed Paz went to confront Rosa. Paz is not afraid of Rosa. Dignity is above anything else. Can’t let that Senora behave like that with you. Luci says it was pointless to go see her. What did you expect? I don’t get it. Why did you go see that lady if I won’t see her ever again?

Rosa arrives at Gala’s loft, and Julie IS there (I guess the gossip won over the date with the Italian hunk after all). Rosa came to tell them the latest news. About Paz’s visit. Julie surprised Rosa let that ‘gentuza’ come in her house.
-       She came to reprieve me and defend her daughter.
-       Those people don’t have limits.
-       Paz dared go find DUH to reprieve him.
-       Did DUH listen to her?
-       Don’t know. But now more than ever we have to accelerate the plans so you will marry DUH. While Luci and her mom are still here we run a high risk.

Thick headed DUH won't let himself wiggle. Mama's boy also practices selective listening.
DUH arrives at office mad at himself for trying to talk to Luci. Tells his friends Luci welcomed him by returning his presents. That Luci said she wanted nothing of his.
‘You just divorced and expect her to treat you as her best friend? As if nothing happened?’
DUH still mad/jealous. Blames Claudio Linares for him (DUH) not being able to get anywhere with Luci.They ask him not to talk silly. (But we see him remembering what he saw in the car.)
‘I saw them hugging, and no-one will take that (image) from my head. I saw them!!’

DUH: I will forget Luci, ‘a como de lugar’.
His friends say ‘Tough luck dude, she is the woman you love most in your life.’
‘DID love! Starting today I will forget her. You choose the antro we will go to. Today, I pick up my life of before. Luci Jacinto is over for good.’
His friends give up, they will go out to an antro.

Luci and Vio
Luci still questioning why Paz went to see Rosa. Vio agrees, there was no good reason.
Luci will speak to Lic Linares to get everything settled for her test so we can go back to town asap. Ariche tells her DUH promised to give him a ride in the plane.

Rosa tells Gala and Julie she worries that every time things are getting back in order, something happens to stir things up again. Julie comments ‘these two’ are trepadora/tramps. Gala is tired of this fight, Rosa says ‘You find strength wherever, but DUH and you must marry asap. Think of a plan, you can count on me. Gala, I want you to be DUH’s wife. Only you. But only IF you help me. I can’t make it happen alone. DUH is yours.’
‘Yes, Rosa E. DUH is mine. Only mine.’

Intimidating Max gives Vicky another terror stint
Vicky in her room at home, Max calls, she is nervous… he wants to see her. She is reluctant, how will I tell my dad I have to leave now? … ‘That is your problem, not mine. Meet me in an hour.’

Aldo comes in and is fantasizing about his new job and their relationship. He thinks Max will send him to manage the INFERNO, Aldo talks about the changes he has already thought about for the place… Max is in no mood for Aldo’s antics and snaps him out of it.. ‘The one that will decide on your fantasy job is me. You wanted to work for me? Then you’ll follow my every order. Tonight you’ll drive me to a commitment I have.’

Aldo leaves Max’s office, Aldo calls Vicky on phone… Vicky gets even more scared.. wants them to hang up. She tells him it’s her dad (does not tell him she will meet Max). Vicki’s dad asks her who she was talking to. She has to go out right away. HE thinks it’s with Aldo. She comes up with the story that a friend just broke up with her boyfriend and is very sad, have to go talk to her. She has to plead several times.

Poor WPC keeps giving coo-coo mom a bit of a break
Jana, Boris and WPC… apparently they told him about Jana forgetting/losing her work and them having to do it over but finished it on time. Boris admits she is distracted.
P: Ay little sis. You don’t lose your head because you have it attached.
Jana tells him Lula helped them since she knows how to work powerpoint.
WPC is glad Jana and Lula recovered their friendship. A true friendship is worth it.
J: Luci is a very true friend for you, right?
P: I hope she won’t forget me now that she is leaving town.
J: Did she tell you she is leaving?
P: No. She didn’t have to. She has nothing to do here anymore.. (enumerates all the bad things that happened to her in the city: the antro, the bad treatment at TL, his brother’s ordeal…). If I was her I would leave too.
Rosa walks in right then: Where would you go, dear?  (WPC stays quiet)…
Rosa is planning another meal together… (this woman is definitely on cloud nine hundred seventy four).
WPC tells her not everyone since DUH does not want to come back to this house.
Coo-coo Rosa is again in disbelief saying DUH will need her so he will be back.
Jana calls Max, waiting for him for dinner. Max, in car with Aldo, says won’t be home in time for dinner.

Aldo drives Max to meeting place. Max treats him like crap, not as a nephew. Aldo is miffed… has to stay and wait in the car. Then taxi pulls up right behind. Aldo sees Vicky get out of taxi and gets very angry.

It's Always hard to say goodbye
Luci asks Estelita what happened with Rosa.. Magda comes in… will go buy bread. But bread here will never be as delicious as in SFelAlto. Estelita says it is very good. She sends the kids with Magda. Luci tells Estelita everything that happened here (at Mex City) was bad. Estelita tells Luci ‘not everything that happened was bad.'  Paz met WPC. Paz said WPC is very nice, she could see it in his eyes. Luci says WPC is very nice. Estelita will miss them all. Luci agrees that she is glad she did meet them (Estelita, Claudio, Marianita) and she also found love, her only and true love.

You can't sweat out the dumbness, dude
DUH is working out in treadmill. Cell rings. Marcos and Gabe will stop to pick him up in half an hour.

Speaking of dumb dudes
Aldo has been waiting for 32 mins, getting impatient. Inside, Vicky and Max in bed.. Max harshly says want to see you tomorrow again, but won’t say the time until tomorrow. Vicky reluctant, how will I get off work? Can we make it after work hours? Boss yelled at her... Max just wants to toast. Vicky nervous.

Coo-Coo tries again her fantasy family dinner
At dinner table, Rosa says starting tonight, want to eat all together. The meals no longer will be served in bedrooms. We will all dine together in dining room. Family discipline is back and everyone should behave. Brigida congratulates her on the new rule. Prince is not so happy and snaps back at Brigida. Brigida tells Rosa, Luci sat at Rosa’s spot in table the other day she came and Rosa felt bad. Rosa is miffed they all allowed it. WPC tells mom Luci had no intention to sit at her spot. Max asked her to. Prince adds that at that time Luci WAS Mrs. TL.

Hard truths
Magda and the kids are back with bread.
Door knock… It is Flor, Marcial’s wife, and she is not coming for a tea party. Flor asks for Vio. Magda says Vio went to work. Flor tells Magda she is the wife of the man courting her daughter Violeta. Magda tells her again that Vio left for her work as a nurse. Flor laughs, tells her Vio is no nurse, she is a ‘cabaretera de quinta!’ (lowlife bar waitress)

Luci tells Estelita she will ask Claudio Linares to send her the results of the test by mail. Estelita is sure she will pass.

Marianita answers the phone, they think it is Lic Linares, but when Luci answers, it's DUH, not Claudio. And DUH is not a happy camper.

Previews:
Luci says leaving to SanFran in two days.Gala more than willing to follow Rosa’s plan. Gala is trapping DUH in his apartment.


--Marta Ivett

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks so much Marta! This was great.

Poor Magda found out about Vio's married boyfriend and job in the worst way possible. I did enjoy her calling Frigida a witch to her face and looking almost like she was going to strike her.

Rod sounded exactly like crazy Rosa last nigth. In fact, I think she mumbled the same thing to herself about Max and Aurora-- "I saw them!" Poor, stupid fool. I like your nickname for him, DUH is right. Even Marcos and Gabe can understand why Luci would not be welcoming him with open arms, and doubt this Linares story.

Max is having a fine time torturing Aldo and Vicky. He knew Aldo would see Vicky enter and know what's going on. I really feel bad for Vicky.

Did you see Boris' face during the crazy family dinner? Like he could not believe how BSC Rosa is. He may want to reconsider wanting to join that family, even as great as Hannah is.
 

Marta- thanks for this great recap. Rosa and her not listening/loving in a fantasy world act, is spooky. Selective hearing indeed. I feel so sorry for the family having to put up with her. Poor Pato, no more meals in his room. That is his refuge in the house away from crazy Rosa. Loved how Pato snapped on Frigid.

Agree with you Vivi, about Max and forcing Aldo to see that Vicky was meeting him. He likes twisting the knife, but I also agree poor Vicky. That poor girl is terrified. She is afraid to make any moves anymore. I loved her spunk too, and now that is out the window.

So another plot and plan with the three brujas and *dead to me* Rod will fall for it. He is easily led around by the nose. Speaking of DTMR he is very DUH. How many times has Luci tried to return that box? Like three times before already. Luci has never wavered on that, she has constantly tried to give it back. Also I can see why she won't talk to him, but she is being way too stubborn too. At least this time, it looked like Rod, maybe, would have listened. He probably wouldn't have beleived anything she said either. DTMR is also stubborn in the I'm done with her department. He keeps coming back, even though he keeps saying that's it for him. Marcos and Gabe were so right about him. What did he expect, especially after the way DTMR treated her.

Poor Magda. Flor so planned that, cause she knew Vio wouldn't be there. She'd be at work. Now Vio is going to have to do some 'splaining.

Those Chisme Ladies in Het Het are too funny. Maybe they wanted to make the Don jealous about Copio, lol. I do like Dona Luchita, she is sooo funny.

Ariche is a gem. Love how he always defends Luci. Rod seems as if he does love Ariche. Maybe Ariche will be the catalyst that brings them back together somehow. Rod sure has a soft spot for Ariche.
 

Luci is being stubborn, but I think I would be the same in her shoes. If Rod would just start out one of these conversations by simply saying I'm sorry, I think the conversation would go somewhere. But even this time, he came off all haughty, like I graced you with my important presence so that we can talk, and YOU should be happy about it. NOT!

Yeah, Rod should remember that Luci wanted to give him back that box, even when they were happily together. Why would she want to keep it now that they are apart?
 

LOL Vivi- I graced you with my presence, so true. He is very haughty. It's annoying. I agree to about what you said, about him saying he is sorry. I guess he never thought of that. But he did listen to Max's advice. That was a first. And you are right about the box, she was never going to keep it. And you know, even if she had kept it and used it he would have held that against her too. Luci can't win.
 

Totally agree Madelaine and Vivi,
Poor Pato, no more meals in his room. That is his refuge in the house away from crazy Rosa.indeed.
and also about Rod should start the convo with 'i am sorry i let you down BIG TIME.' then try to shut his mouth and listen to her version... but every time she tried to start explaining, he would cut her off and say IS IT TRUE OR NOT?? like she had a grand total of 3 seconds to explain anything to him... Look, MR, put some pionino (is that the umbrella shaped powdery desert they have in Mex that Don Aquiles mentioned to the ladies?) in his mouth after the initial appology and let her do all the talking. he deserves to be bashed a little, no, a LOT, and he should take it like a man, if he indeed thinks he is such a MAN just because he punches a bag and wears a suit. But until he does that and stops listening to the wrong team, he will be DTMR in my book too.
 

Kinda liked this Capitulo but is seems to me we are at a stalemate. 70 some episodes into this and this great luv affair is sputtering on fumes. Don't like the writers making Rod such a dummy, or in this case just an emotional retrograde. He simply acts like a kid on a play ground that throws rocks at a girl cause he loves her and then can't understand the girls negative reaction. At this point wandering just what kind of woman loca mama would pick out for Patricio...Julie? Getting the vibe that everything is kinda of status quo, like what happens from here. Rod getting back with Gagme might be more than I can stomach, especially if Gagme's big plan is to get him drunk and slide into bed with camera and later reveal she's starting to faint a lot. And what about Luci's fainting? What happened there? Is she going to go back to Het Het and go into a big old coma with some mystery Telenovela ailment? At least Archie and Don A are funny. The guy playing Don A must be loving the role after all the serious stuff he has been in. His clothes really look sharp. Where is Don Cerapio, at a funeral convention? Did he hire Procopio knowing Don A would come unglued?
 

Anon 11:23- Rod and Luci are definitely at a stalemate and something has to happen to bring them back together. Will it be Luci's likely pregnancy? Maybe.

But there are other elements of the plot that are moving and have potential-- Claudio's fraud case; the Luci-Cludio hija/papa reveal; Max torturing Vicky and Aldo; the fallout from the Vio job/boyfriend reveal; Marcial's undercover investigation into Inferno...
 

As for Don Serapio, he supposedly is ill and in Chihuaha for tests. This is so unexpected, and we haven't seen the actor at all, that it makes me wonder if the actor got sick in real life and had to leave the cast. He's a well known character actor, so it's strange that he left so suddenly and we never saw him tell the other characters he was leaving. We just have Theo reporting updates to Paz and Magda.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thanks for the recap Marta! A lot of your comments were exactly what I was thinking in my head while watching last night. 

-Ariche and Rod: I love Ariche in this opening scene. I think it would be awesome to have an Ariche in my life. He really put Rod through the ringer by bringing up the spit trato, the pelota and served it all with a side of steaming hot kid guilt. Awesome scenes right there. Go Ariche go! But be careful...I wouldn't trust that spit trato about the plane ride Ariche...look how that turned out last time. :-(

I am once again, and who isn't, in love with Pato in this capitulo. His exchange with Rosa in the library was great. But just like you said Marta, selective hearing just makes it useless. At this point, I think Pato is talking to a brick wall. Rosa doesn't want to admit fault and so she won't. Womp womp...

Another great "oh snap!" moment in this capitulo: when Magda calling Frigida a bruja! I think Magda is a straight shooting lady that says everything we wish we could say (and are already yelling at the TV screen anyway).

When Juli said that "people like that" (ie: Luci and Paz) "have no limits" I wanted to crawl into the TV screen and say "Really?!?!?! Pot...meet Kettle." I'm pretty sure that Juli and Gala have the least amount of limits of anyone. They go to any length to get what they want. 

And I just have to bring up something that I only just now noticed. Of course Rod has mirrors everywhere in his gym. Homeboy cannot do anything in his gym if he cannot see himself in a mirror. That treadmill scene last night was just a bit silly...
 

Gracias Vivi. Wonderful recap and love the verbatim dialog, always!!

I'm starting to feel frustrated about why we should be pulling for such an arrogant S.O.B. to win such a sweet, strong woman like Luci. Except for his little exchange with Ariche ( and honestly who wouldn't melt around that cutie), there is just nothing endearing or "attractive" about how DUH acts. By attractive, I mean his manners, the way he speaks, how he understands how others feel who don't agree with him, etc. Usually the galan is the opposite of the nutcase parents, but this guy mimics way too much of their same behavior. Luci HUGS someone and he that qualifies for betrayal. I just get steamed thinking about it. Heck, even his friends are sick of him. Poor guys have to work with him too.
He can run on that treadmill all he wants, doing nothing for me right now. Forgive me, but I find myself actually cheering Gala to win over this moron. He deserves the hell of a shrew as a wife and Julie as a mother-in-law. Maybe it will make those humility brain cells kick in.


Now for our true hero, Pato, oh my stars. He has got to get out of that chair sooner than later and start really putting some people in their place. I hate that he's almost captive in that Den of Demented.

Rosa's Rules of Residence are a scream. Man, there are going to be several people in that house developing ulcers from having to put up with those "family meals". She is so far gone, those smiles she now flashes are just eery. That woman has made and confirmed her reservation for a nice padded room.

We have a lot of episodes to go. Hope it doesn't drag with too much of the same thing.
 

Daisynjay- This recap was by Marta, not me. We get her wonderful signature conversation captures.
 

I feel so cheated of the Thursday drama. But TGIF anyway. Since I saw the advances re Gagme and DUH, I am beginning to lose hope that the real lovebirds would be together again.I wonder if the writers would replace DUH with Pato. Not that it looks promising but I hope first true love would prevail. I feel so sad, what with the same thing happening to Abismo.
 

Thanks Vivi. So sorry Marta--gracias. I'd blame it on the sinus headache, but I just plain didn't catch it. so bad.
 

Hello All!! Marta as usual awesome recap.Thank you. Flor makes me sick. Why blame the mistress? The husband is the one who strayed,go Loraina Bubbet on him and leave Vio alone. Flor really has no shame. It was obvious Magda was clueless and yet she kept behaving like DUH and his mother.I don't get a read on Aldo. Is he good or bad? He is crazy about Vicky and knowing the obvious must be driving him mad.Max is like one of those characters you read about who commit crimes nobody believes. "No not Sr Tl,he could never do that.Rape a girl for what? He has all these women at his disposal,he doesn't need to rape and kill anyone." Come into my web says the spider to the fly.
The man is a sadist and I agree with Vivi, he wants to warn and torture Aldo.He and Rosa so deserve each other.

Olive
 

You could almost and I mean almost cut the moron some slack with that scene with Ariche. That is the Rod we originally met until he lost his mind thanks to a does of poison from his mother. That little guy has a ton of dignity and pride like Luci, Paz and Magda.

I keep remembering that DUH once promised Marianita that he would help find her mother and i vaguely remember him making a phone call. Now Luci is going to put Claudio on the case and he always seems to get results.

Why am I not surprised that our muscle bound galan has it fixated in his head that there is something going on between Claudio and Luci based on the flimsiest evidence. When he ultimately finds out the truth it is going to be a double blow for him particularly if he finds himself yoked to that scheming cow Gala with her barnacle like mother hanging on for all that dinero.

Any day now it is obvious to me that Rosa is going to start priest hunting, looking for one who will forgive her her sins and not tell her some home truths. I do wish the good Padre would just tell her to get the H**l out of his office lest the roof of the church cave in.

Aldo really needs to have a ton of bricks fall on him. Vicki has told him repeatedly to leave her alone, that Max is dangerous but does he listen? No. All the bad stuff that is happening to Vicki is all his fault. Max is treating them both like someone pulling the wings off a butterfly.

Once again we get a view of the jealous side of Rosa when she found out that Luci had sat at her place at the table (thanks to the bat like bruja). I'm surprised she didn't order the chair fumigated.

Poor Boris he looked like a deer caught in the headlights. Here he was thinking to have a nice little family dinner with Jana and what he gets is Rosa handing out orders like a drill sergeant, a barrage of sniping remarks. Perhaps Mati should hand out a roll of Tums after every meal.
 

Thanks for your recap Marta. I so appreciate your dialogues.
As Vivi noted, Rod is acting like he's God's gift to Luci and then surprised she doesn't swoon at the sight of him.

I'm w/daisynjay, GS has again created such an obnoxious character that I have no desire to see him with Luci. Gala is perfect for him. And his recent foolishness about Claudio just seals it for me.

Rosa is now selectively listening. Can't wait until her crazy world starts unraveling.
 

I'm with daisynjay and Karen too, Rod has been such a dimwit that it's hard to see how Luci can EVER look past that. Interesting how Luci bests him verbally every time he catches her by surprise. If this TN wasn't written in such a traditional manner, I'd hope for Pato/Luci, but doubt that's happening. Not sure how Rod can redeem himself.
Does anyone see Claudio/Paz as a couple, or is that too out there?
Vivi, I liked your term "chalet of fear," Max is really scary. Haven't quite gotten over that scene.
Marta, excellent recap and thanks to all recappers for your time and great wit.
Clara
 

Clara, I was mentioning a possible Claudio/Paz match up the other day after he was so happy about being part of the gathering with Luci and her family. I don't think it would be too out there. I sort of like it better than he and Melissa which they seem to be hinting at. Even he and Magda would be cool-- love her, she's such a stitch.
 

Actually I don't think we have to worry about a Melissa hook up or any other for Claudio. I think he is a one woman man and that was his adored Aurora. He still talks to her picture and while he may gallant and charming I think he will be happy just to be a member of Luci's family. And he ill let Melissa down gently.

I am seriously worried however about this story drifting into cliche territory with Rosa and Gagme plotting and scheming to lure Rod back into her web. We know Luci is preggers and Gala could easily fake it and Rosa the baby thief would have no qualms about doing it again if when she finds out the domestica is pregnant. I hope they don't go that way.

It does occur to me that if Luci goes back to Het Het all communication with the dimwit and his loca mama will be cut off and he will never find out about the baby. I'm betting Luci doesn't go back to her beloved pueblo in two days.
 

Olive,
I so love your social psych analysis of Max ..
Max is like one of those characters you read about who commit crimes nobody believes. "No not Sr Tl,he could never do that.Rape a girl for what? He has all these women at his disposal,he doesn't need to rape and kill anyone." Come into my web says the spider to the fly.
The man is a sadist and I agree with Vivi, he wants to warn and torture Aldo.He and Rosa so deserve each other.

Totally agree, this man is a sadist, even if he does have a soft spot for his sons and for Aurora/Luci. everyone else he manipulates like marionettes to achieve his objectives.
 

for those thinking the novela is stalling... hang in there, things will pick up within a week. and it will get much more interesting. i promise. no details though. you will need to wait for that.
 

Marta - thanks for all the detail. My favorite lol: "You can't sweat out the dumbness, dude."

I feel so sorry for Vicki, though she was wrong to fool around with a married man to begin with. She wanted fancy restaurants and nice trips, but instead she's now pretty much Max's captive. But Aldo's crafty, so I guessing he'll find a way to block Max.
 

I wonder whether Rosa would melt if the padre doused her with holy water?

I'm sure there's excommunication in her future and I certainly wouldn't put it past her to steal Luci's baby for Gala. Who will be as bad a mother as Sinthia on LQNPA.
 

Really fun recap Marta. Fun to have the "Marta Voice" show up on Refugio. Coo coo - ROTFLOL! Wow - so we have a full cadre of recappers now? Cool!

I agree - DUH can't sweat out the dumbass. A galán I love to hate. Nothing remotely attractive about this galán - sorry, over developed muscles do nothing for me especially if accompanied by a brain the size of a pea.

I just get the Ugh feeling that we are in for a fake pregnancy and railroad Rod into marriage scenario. And so unpleasant since it's a repeat! And who stands up the bride at the alter anyway? We knew there was something seriously wrong with Rod that he waited until the signing of the marriage document to tell Gala that he wasn't marrying her. Who does that? Only a nimRod.

But it was Rod himself who let his mother create a schism between him and Luci, and it'll be Rod himself again letting his mother push him into marrying Gala again if that's what happens. The guy deserves all this crap if he doesn't take charge of his own life. I just want him to suffer LOL!

I found the declarations of "eternal love as I leave you" to be in horrible taste. Again, who does that?
 

Someone as loco as his mother.
 

Decie Girl, Saints preserve us from another baby kidnapping. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

UA you are too funny. Dios Mio, she should burst into flames if the holy water, even touched the tip of her finger. I think she would be like the Tangelo-O over there in Abismo, like Decie Girl said the roof of the church would finally collapse upon her demonic head.
 

Let's see, there hasn't been an exorcism since Abrazame Muy Fuerte in 2000. I think we're overdue.
 

Funny that anyone would think this novela is stalling. I find it moving at a fine pace, every episode advances one or more of the core stories. Yes, we are impatient for dimRod to earn the truth about Luci and her shocking career :-) and for Claudio to learn that his child is alive but most novela spend weeks regurgitating information we already know. In many novelas Paz would have rehashed what happened in the library with Magda and Estralita but this novela has admirably avoided all that time wasting.
 

daisynjay, sorry, I missed your earlier Claudio/Paz comment. Same scene got me thinking, where Claudio waxing rhapsodic about the norteno people. And, of course, their daughter in common. But where would they live?
Yes, Magda is a hoot.
Somehow these and other side plots interest me more now than Rod/Gala/Luci/Rod sweating dumbness.
Clara
 

Marta, thanks so much for this. Your dialogues help me so much. I confess I nearly threw the remote at the TV when Rod and Luci were arguing over the present. I mean come on people--you love each other!

And Rosa--mama mia, she is a total wack job with no conscience. She either needs to get some help or get what is coming to her right away. I am just about out of patience with her.

Now as far as Gala goes--if Max goes down for the fraud he framed Linares for and lots of money comes Claudio's way will that make Luci rich and Rod poor? Don't think Gala and Julie will be so into Rod if his Daddy's in the slammer....

I have never watched a tn all the way through--how long are they? I am trying to stay patient, but lately I've been so frustrated I want to fast forward through parts of the episode. Especially in Rod's DUH moments.

Happy watching...
 

Marta---You can't sweat out the dumbness dude--that ones great

Audrey---over developed muscles with a brain the size of a pea---another great one.

Now my comment---A lot of heavy comments, I'll make mine short. I said before that Hot Bod Rod/pea brain will go back to gagme/Gala before he comes to his senses with sweet Luciana. We all know that Luciana is pregant. What would happen if Gagme gets pregnant before pea brain realizes that he threw a beautiful diamond away?
the gringo
 

Anna,

The typical novela can last anywhere from 6 months to in very, very rare cases two years. Normally they end up close to a year. Episode are an hour and referred to as Chapters. This one is 165 chapters or about 5 months so it is moving much faster than many who often drag through the middle and throw everything but the kitchen sink into the last couple of weeks.

The galan is alway a moron who throw away the young heroine until close to the end and most of them end up with an elaborate wedding scene. As a cheat when you look at the opening credits the first two names over the title will be the galan and girl who are destined to be together.

And all of us with years of novela watching are often tempted to heave the remote through the TV.
 

If a telenovela moves you to want to throw the remote, instead of laughing uncontrollably (e.g. El Talisman), then it's doing its job right. Most of it is agony, with some sweet moments thrown in between, until the payoff at the end. It makes you want to come back each night to see how things are progressing. A good tn also knows how to space out the sweet stuff so that the agony isn't unbearable.
 

so true vivi, but it kinda makes us tn viewers sounds crazy to watch all this agony lol

yeah agree that the pacing is pretty good, and IMHO the side stories are interesting enough as well so I'm not just waiting to see what happens to the usual love triangle

hahahah did not kno that a tn actually had an exorcism before , that makes me laugh

yeah max just perplexes, haven't figured out whether I want him to have an anvil or not. maybe redemption?

thanks for the recap martha!

jlk
 

Hi Marta and everyone....just got back from Charlotte and grandchildren, so it was nice to have all the dialogue Marta, and catch up on what I missed.

Had to laugh at all your nicknames for our characters, and like everyone else, loved "you can't sweat out the dumbness..."

Chuckled also at Gretchen!'s remark on the mirrors in Rod's workout room. Supposedly the mirrors are there so the weight trainer can check his form. However, the truth is, guys love to look at themselves and admire their muscles as they work out. Until I started working in a gym, I had no idea the fellas were so fixated on their mirror images. Makes us gals with our make-up and hair dryers look casual by comparison.

Dreading the temporary triumph of Gala, Julie and Rosalena, but I guess we have to suffer before we have the requisite much yearned for happy ending.

Certainly hope it also involves some exquisitely lovely young woman for Pato as he is so deserving.

Thanks again Marta...not only for jumping in and helping out on the team but for doing double duty as an Abismo recapper as well. While working full-time. And with at least one daughter still at home, no? You must be the Energizer Bunny.
 

Also, thanks for the info on el Heraldo being the main newspaper in Mexico. Know there are a lot of "in" cultural jokes I don't get, and this is one of them.
 

JudyB,
actually i have all three daughters and grandson with me at my mom's and we will be moving to a nearby 3-2 apartment within a month. So i have all three daughters with me and my grandson, but the good news is that, at least for now, my company will let me work from home since they have no offices in FL.
 

Mama mia...you are Superwoman Marta! And the world needs more like you. Hope your family realizes how lucky they are.
 

Gringo says: "What would happen if Gagme gets pregnant before pea brain realizes that he threw a beautiful diamond away?"

Unfortunately this is a common cliché, and as such needs to be added to UA's blog post. Basically - the galán's ex-fiance, ex-girlfriend or so-to-be-ex wife becomes pregnant (it's either someone else's kid or a fake pregnancy) and so he "does his duty" and decides to make a family for this kid-on-the-way. In the meantime, the heroine discovers she is in fact (really) pregnant by the galán, and in an act of supremely mis-guided sacrifice, hides the information from the galán and goes off to have and raise the child without him knowing, reasoning somehow, that the other child deserves the father more.

Triunfo de Amor (which was a total farce) used this exact scenario. Us TN watchers, unfortunately, tend to expect this very popular cliché.

The thing is, Rod has already thrown the beautiful diamond away. He just hasn't figured out that he did the throwing, not someone else.
 

Audrey,

You admirably summed up the whole TN pregnancy thing. Add to that the dim bulb galan finds out his one true love is pregnant and immediately assumes it's some other dude. In this case Rod would think it must be Claudio since there really are no other candidates (unusual in itself that the beautiful young gal has no other handsome guys hovering around). Yes we all know there is a secret admirer but he definitely could not do much other than love her from afar. I really do wish Rod had some heavy duty competition.
 

Decie Girl and Audrey- like your takes on the whole pregnancy thing as far as TN's go. I like Decie Girl's idea of maybe the girl having more than one guy like her. Pato I know is in love with Luci, but he really can't do anything about it. I wish someone would give *dead to me Rod* a run for his money. Let him chase after the girl, thinking she has the attentions of someone else. But then again, he is thinking Claudio is doing this, so we'll have to wait and see what else *dead to me Rod* has up his sleeve.

I too like the pairing of Paz/Claudio, but I agree with the person who stated the other day, that Claudio is still missing his wife Aurora and constantly talks to her picture, so I don't know if they will ever have another love interest for him. I too agree Magda is a hoot, she is one of my favorite characters.
 

Actually i want Paz and Mati to live with Rod and Luci eventually after the FIN comes around. Paz is grandma and noone deserves to be near the grandkids more than her, and Mati is great company for Paz and will keep her away from the lovebirds... while they together are best babysitting team ever.
hmmm. I really want Pato to find a deserving significant other for himself. and Mati will definitely keep in touch with him too, or maybe she will stay with him. that would work too.
 

JudyB: I'm Marta's daughter, I am waiting for a video for a friend to upload and was reading this stuff (Since my bloody internet disconnected and repairing connection cancels an already slow YouTube uploading.
I am very greatful for all my mom does, She IS Freagin awesomee! I appreciate all she does, ever since we were born, and I try to find ways to help her and pray to God that I'll be able to help her with stuff

So Thank you mom for all you do! We all love you!! Roro too <3

My mom really does help out people's hope for humanity ^^

Ah and I'm the kid who refers to Augusto as Jackie Chan, don't hate my mom for it, hatte me XD
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder