Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Abismo de pasión #105 8/8/12: Some lessons to learn for some of our characters... and Many of us leave Dam's table for being a sell-out



 Recap by Marta!!


To Gael/Elisa: No worse deaf than he/she who does not want to listen…
Paloma upset at finding Elisa and Gael. I’m burying only friend I had in life… (would be easier for Coyote to finally trap the roadrunner than get Paloma to listen to Elisa/Gael now, crystal clear what she saw, she leaves upset)
G: You are not really taking anything away from her. She knows I have loved you always.
E: But I cant stay still, knowing she is suffering on my account.
G: Don’t tell me you want to cancel on Paloma’s account.
E: I thought Paloma would understand you are my only hope in life.
G: What I want YOU to understand is you are the only hope I have to be happy in life.

To Gael/Elisa/Lucio/Maru: Next time check before you spend days trying to prevent someone from leaving town…

Elisa and Gael at Lucio’s. Elisa is about to Lucio that she and Gael will get married. But Padre Loopy arrives to interrupt her.  Loopy says they don’t need to do it (take the signatures to bishop). He has to go, it is his duty. God knows what he does. And if at this time to change landscape, then he will. Priests don’t belong anywhere, we are servants of God who need to follow our calling wherever.  Padre grabs the papers… Elisa insists they will go see the bishop. Loopy says the ones who don’t get it are you. I DO want to leave and that’s final. He takes the signature papers.  Gael sad, Elisa seems not quite given up yet.  Loopy leaves and Maru gets home.
To Paloma: Next time better heed a witch’s advice/predictions.
Ramona and Paloma at hut, Ramona does not notice Pal is upset… Paloma does not want to see Elisa. What is wrong with you.
Now you must be happy. You guessed what you predicted so many times. You were right when you said Gael would never be mine.
 What are you saying?
 Gael is getting married to her. The man I have loved most in life is marrying her. Go ahead and brag in my face you told me so.
 I better stay until you calm down.
 Don’t touch me. Just leave. I want to be alone.
 Have it your way.
Gael/Elisa at cafetin… both feel bad that Loopy did not want them to help keep him at LaErmita.  Why didn’t you tell Lucio we are getting married. Because Maru was there. Elisa wants to talk to Paloma, not the moment, she is too angry and won’t listen. We’ll try to talk to her tomorrow.
Paolo/BegoneYa… Paolo wants to go straight to Sabrina’s room (this man must get some sicko satisfaction at sneaking into his girls’ bedrooms unannounced), BeGoneYa says no, I better go get her.  Paolo tries to win points with BegoneYa with some compliments to her beauty inherited by Sabrina.
To Maru/Lucio: don't think it so hard before you let your feelings out in the open..... two less lonely people in the world and its going to be fine.
M: it was no use to gather all those signatures, no?
L: Right. Well, we did what we could.
I better go.
Don’t you want to stay for dinner?
Don’t you have a better pretext than I don’t want to be alone?
It is the only pretext I find to say I like your company. I am old, not much to offer, but the truth is I need to find a meaning for my life. 
Elisa not enough?
Sure she is all I have, but someday she will make her life away from me and someday she will find a good husband to care for her and she won’t need me. That is why I want to find my own reason to move forward.
What do you mean exactly? 
Not sure myself, but for now I would like for you and I to be together more time.  (kisses on cheek)
To Lolita: about the same advice i gave Gael/Elisa in beginning... no worse deaf ...
Lolita talks to Elisa about Paloma being upset she and Gael are getting married. 
I can’t play with Gael to cancel wedding just because Paloma is upset.
Then you will have to choose between them because you won’t be able to keep both.
But even if I stepped aside Gael would not go back with her. Paloma said herself she was going to give it a shot with Enrique Tovar. Lolita will support Elisa, even if is not in agreement with Elisa’s decision.
At hut, Paloma upset enough to try to poison herself with the herbs… (or at least thinking about it and mixing them up)
To Dam Stoopid: Never surrender… NEVER… or... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on Dam Stoopid....
Hacienda A, Damian runs in and barks at Alfo for ripping Elisa’s check. Alfie immediately assumes Elisa told him what happened. Dam says Lucio told him. Not Elisa.
Why did you not accept the payment?  Alfie says I am no dumb to not know the money she brought me came from you.  Dam admits he did. And we get a back and forth negotiation scene where Alfie agrees to give Elisa back her IOU and the title of the Greenhouse lands she inherited from Stefie, in exchange for Dam: 1) staying in La Ermita, 2) staying at the head of the procesadora and 3) getting married to Flo by church (sounds of record player screeching here) oh hell no!! then no deal. Think about it. (Jeopardy music begins to be heard) Alright. You win.  ( At our Patio’s Damian supporters table while everyone leaves with sad faces… our hero has just sold himself out… ) But I want mine to be the last church wedding my uncle Loopy does at the church. What if that is after Flo starts showing her belly?  You can draw a smily face on it for all I care. Alfie is certain he will follow up on his word.
To II: Never take their word of your boyfriend when he says you are acting all freaky and then says I got everything taken care of…
II/Gab at house of M&M… II scared Fina will find her and have her killed, wants her money to leave town YESTERDAY!! Gabino says no need to get all freaked out, Alfie doesn’t even know they are a team.
Cute quote: ‘Of course she would have defended me (from getting fired at the procesa by Dam) but I did not ask her to. I had already told her I was going to leave the procesa because I will take over management of Cielo abierto soon. Of course she asked me to keep looking for you. But I came up with any silly ol’ excuse, as I always do.
Please give me my money so I can leave. Don’t you see they can charge me with murder? I WANT TO LEAVE!!
You wont go anywhere! You are staying here until I say so… I already have Cielo Abierto and have an hacienda so I wont leave this darn town.I won’t give up all I have accomplished just because one freeked out woman asks me to. I will take care of Alfie.
Elisa, you should know better than stick around when ... Pop goes the sleazel.  
Elisa mad at her for telling Paloma Elisa and Gael are getting hitched. TangelHo undermines it, no big deal, or was it a secret?. Don’t know why but all this reminds me of something that happened long ago with your mom, your dad, and myself. Do you remember how many times you barked at me for having married your dad? Paloma is basically your sister… when I married Augie, your mother had died… but the girl who is almost like your sister is alive still.  (Elisa is upset after TangelHo leaves)
Quique, don't follow the lead of Dam Stoopid and Gael ...
At hotel, DrT and Quique… Quique feels bad he should not have told Paloma about DrT and BeGoneYa. DrT says don’t feel bad, I realized your mother will never change. Quique says you should make your mind, either accept her complete with her gossip queen tiara, or just get divorced once and for all. DrT tells Quique he has no problem with him and Paloma. Quique gets honest, says he can’t get Flo out of his head. DrT asks why did you invite Pal? Not fair you utilize Paloma.
Flo, if you want Dam to break the umbilical chord with Alfie, you better not let him talk to her alone...
Dam and Flo in bedroom.  Flo happy as a pickle that she and Dam are packing to leave LaErmita for good. Dam says don’t pull out the streamers just yet. we will have to stay in LaErmita. Flo floored with disappointment/anger. What was it now? Did her bp dip? Did her botox deflate?  He reminds her she said she would be with him anywhere. OK, We will stay here at the hacienda(Flo looks more like she would like a lightning to take her out of her misery). 
Ramona, don't leave Paloma alone when she is upset... didn't she and Gael roll in the cenote mudd last time you did?
Ramona and Pal at hut.. Ramona does not realize Pal is not responding to her call. Ramona sees Paloma unconscious in table, then sees the empty bottles and gets really alarmed.. what have you done??! Ay Dios Mio no me la quites!! Por lo que mas quieras, despierta!!
Loopy, lower your expectations of Dam as long as he lives in the hacienda...
Dam visits Loopy.  Loopy celebrates the rare visit by Dam.. There’s been a change of plans. Flo and I will stay at LaErmita. After an initial confusion, Loopy says again you do what your mother wanted. Had to do stop a major injustice.  How did she convince you now? …I would like to talk about it, but I want to ask you a favor. I would like for my wedding to be the last one you do in LaErmita… you had told me you did not want to marry by church... I had to... I hope your sacrifice is worth it… I am sure it is..
Outside church gates, Damian and Gael, both riding horses in different directions exchange killer stares.
By far my favorite scene of the night…
Loopy asks Gael not to talk about his transfer anymore. Gael has given up on trying to make him do something he does not want to do.  Gael, you will have to find somewhere else to live. .. I thought so. Tomorrow I will go find a place to live, not only for me, but for Elisa too. … Loopy is mad that Gael and Elisa are getting married. She needs me and I need her too! Well I NEED YOU TOO, but not just because of that you and I are going to get married!! (phew! I was beginning to worry for Loopy’s sanity) Marriage is not based only on needs of people!! It is an upside down world!! And you all are trying to make me lose my mind by Dam planning to marry a woman he does not love and you planning to marry a woman who does not love you!! Elisa and I will make a good marriage because I will put all my effort on it!! You know I have always wanted to do it. Please don’t deny me your support now. No matter what you tell me, I am not wasting the only chance I have to be happy.  FINE!! For all I care, Damian and you can do whatever you want!!.. Both of you can Go grab each other and strangle each other to death!! But No way will I be involved!! I won’t conduct that sacrilege…  FOR EITHER OF YOU TWO!!
 Elisa, you better heed Paloma’s advice and think about yourself only… your tear ducts will thank you.
Elisa sad in her room… Lolita comes to check on her…  can’t stop thinking of Paloma, wont rest until I can speak to her. We both know she loves you very much and that love is stronger than anything else. You will see she will understand. I hope so. When is the wedding? Not sure, but before Loopy leaves town. And you plan to live here at quinta? Yes. This has always been my house. Lets go away, Elisa.  No use holding on to (the house) given the way things are with your aunt. You need a bit of peace and tranquility. You are right.
The young at heart giving relationship opinions to the stoppid at gossip
Sabrina hurries to pack her bags… BegoneYa comes to her room and she hides her suitcase. BegoneYa comments Sabrina gets figidy when Paolo comes to see her.  BeGoneYa still hopeful DrT will change his mind.  Would not want you to do something crazy to try to make your dad accept that wedding.  Mom, we are in other times. (slips that Flo is preggers).. ay no, poor quique, now understand his sadness. I hope at least you can be happy. Sabrina shows her lack of maturity and relationship experience by saying BegoneYa and DrT separation is only temporary. BegoneYa is not so sure.
Paolo, Paolo… you should pack your bags… you don’t know who you are messing with…
Paolo calls TangelHo… in what language should I tell you I don’t want to talk to you? Need to see you to say goodbye.. you leaving LaErmita?... yes, sooner than you think. .. have a good trip… I know I have done a lot of stupid stuff. Please say you will meet with me before I leave. (she hangs up)
Flo urges her uncle Paolo to take her old boyfriend’s sister away.  Flo tells Paolo Dam and she already married by civil law. Paolo assures her Sabrina is willing to elope with him any moment he asks her. Flo depends on him. Paolo says the 8 months ahead will be a real heavy load for him. Flo says take care of her pregnancy. Remember that baby will be mine.
Ramona arrives at DrT’s house in a hurry, QUique is there but not DrT. Paloma is dying!! Quique sad.
Previews:
There is a lot of flash scenes, but the one scene we can see is DrT visiting Guido at hotel saying he is going to ‘kill that guy’ (referring to Paolo?) and Elisa asking Lucio to assure her Dam does not know (perhaps about the loan deal with Alfonsina?)

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you Super Miercoles Marta! I loved the thorough recap with lots of luscious details. I think all the mystery Anons will be satisfied tonight with your cornucopia of conversation translations. Awesome recap!

Oh man, I hate to say this but the sleazel had a point when she was sticking it to Elisa about stealing Paloma's man. Sure, the details aren't the same, but still...Great job writers adding a little comparative edginess to the mix.

Marta, thank you for translating Gael's and Padre's conversation about Padre marrying the kids. Sheesh, those guys were talking so fast my head was spinning.

OK, I am really getting worried for Sabrina about now. I didn't care about her too much before, but Flo and Paolo are truly diabolical. Tick tick tick...
 

Marta hits a home run!! And my gratitude on getting those fast-talking conversations explained. Son came in last night for a few days, so listening to him and listening to...well. I was lost.

Saddest part of last night? From the conversations, we can pretty much glean where all the relationships may wind up: Dam/Elisa, Flo/QuiQui, and Pal/Gael ( the last two I really hate). Maybe it's the actors involved, or how the writers are doing this story, but they all seem wrong for each other, yet there is that TN force-feeding of couples at play. Almost makes you want to stop watching, but I came this far.

Dam Stooopppid strikes again, and Flo makes me want to slap her silly. But my guess is since we keep getting this 3 month hint, Sabrina won't keep the baby and Flow will be out of luck. Probably best for the poor little thing.

What is with Be-gon-ya and tea? How many times a day does Sabrina have to drink that stuff?

I always love the Padre and Gael scenes, but lord that was sad. I understand Padre's frustration, but I wish he hadn't been so hard on Gael. He does seem to take his frustration out on him more than any of the other kiddies...well, that's what parents do.

Pal--really? I don't buy the " I'd rather die than lose the love of my life who doesn't love me back." Sorry, always hate putting a woman into that plot as if there is no life without a man in it. Argh.

This one is trying my patience, but hoping things will get better. May start a table for those who are just done with the plot but we'll keep hanging in to see the baddies get their end.
 

Daisynjay, your last line makes me remember what we were going through with ElTal... we liked some of the actors but the plotlines and the leading lady/male were making us want to give it up... and we did when the network moved it to daytime and this one started. I am with you, I like the Quique/Pal coupling so much more, they would be SO RIGHT for each other... Flo could just go away with her family, maybe her dad could put some sense into her when she finds herself lost with noone except him...
the one that would worry me is Gael...
I LOVED how Loopy exploded to Gael saying both he and Dam wanted Loopy to put the nails in their coffins and he refused to do it!! He loves them both too much to take that job without a fight. GO LOOPY!! I have been sitting at his table since last night..

sorry the recap did not have much snark, i typed as fast as i could as i watched then after a whole day with my mother at the hospital i was totally exhausted. Her BP was real high (168) and she was taken in via ambulance night before last. Everything is alright now thank God.
 

Oh Marta, I am so relieved your mother is all right. What a trooper you were to do the recap! And it was wonderful. Period. The title was inspired.

I keep envisioning Paloma, slumped over the table, eyes open. In retrospect, everyone was aware she is obsessed with Gael. It should have occured to Gael and Elisa caution needed to be taken, but even they could not forsee this tragedy.

daisy, you are likely spot on with your projected pairings. I was sad that QuiQui admitted he is still not over Flor. I guess my one question is will Flor be redeemed? If she does anything to harm Sabrina or Sabrina's child, the chances are slim to none. I like QuiQui but he and Paloma seem destined to be second, not first choices.

Diana
 

Thank you for the recap, Marta. I might have to watch my recording of this episode, after all.
"To Dam Stoopid: Never surrender… NEVER…" LOL That gave me a "Galaxy Quest" moment . . .

Since Ramona has a sixth sense of doom, why didn't she see Paloma's suicide attempt coming?

Flor has time to become redeemable. Like, three months, which is plenty of time before she should 'start showing.'
* After Gweeedo figures out how to prove his innocence and Sabrina falls down some stairs (escaleracide!) and has a miscarriage, Flor finally gets fed up with Alfonsina's 110% control of Flo & nieto and says, "Take your son, your money, your control issues, and shove it. I'm outta here." And with a flourish, she pulls the preggers pillow out from under her dress and "lanza Nerfazos" Alfi with it, right in Alf's cara impactada. There will be a small dent in the Botox from the impact, but the makeup dept. will fix that during the next commercial break.

* Let the record stand that absolutely none of my predictions or theories of ANY telenovela have been correct, so don't put your money on this one, either.
 

Oh, Marta, don't even think of apologizing. Glad everything is ok with your Mom. We are so grateful you even thought of us let alone were able to put together a great recap.
 

marta - I posted my comment before I read the others, and just now saw that your Mom went to hospital. I'm glad she is okay! What a scare. Good thing you are living near her.
 

Doris, i am actually living with her for another few days, but i will be as close to her or even closer than my brother/sis in law when i move to my own apt just down the road from her place. and to whoever said Winter Garden is a lovely pretty area, they are soooo right now that we have had about a month to drive around... it is indeed lovely around here... so peaceful and enjoyable to drive around. can't wait to find a lake area where i can rent a row boat on a saturday afternoon and enjoy the views.
 

Thanks, Marta! Grace under pressure as always.

Daisy, love the idea of a Venganza Table. Maybe we can save a seat for Horacio, just in case...
 

Blue, he may need a place of honor as I'm convinced he will be a major factor in their demise or undoings.

I also vote we go play darts when II goes on another of her shrill explosions. I'm sorry, she made the cats leave the patio last night ( at least mine). Witch.
 

Marta, I'm so glad to hear that your mother is OK. An even bigger thanks to you for managing to power through your recap with all this on your mind.

I hope we have more Horacio tonight. That dude looked loaded for bear last time we saw him.
 

Horacio will definitely make it back to town and target Carmina and Gabino ... i believe he has his mind set on 'if i will go down i will take them down with me so my Lolita and the good guys are safe'.
 

Thanks so much for the fantastic recap Marta, and under such stressful conditions. I'm sending good wishes for your mom.

I didn't watch again last night. Can't believe that Pal would attempt suicide. This is exactly what Ramona was trying to avoid happening. I just want one, just one, of these young people to have a healthy attitude about moving on and starting over, alone or with someone else and really mean it (not like Elisa).
 

Super Miercoles Marta, again, you were the person for the job today. I have the hardest time understanding Padre Lupe and Carmina, so glad your Spanish skills were available. Glad your mom is OK! I was the one who talked about the beauty of Winter Park. My girlfriend has written a book entitled, Winter Park Chain of Lakes (Boathouses Past and Present), by Sullivan, it should be in the gift shops in the area, or most likely in the local library. It is a history of the boathouses with either photos or pencil drawings of all of them, you should pick it up for a browse through before your Saturday afternoon boat trip!

Doris, funny comments on Flor. Her character IS a little different. For a person who is planning a baby kidnapping, she is being played sympathetically by the script and actress. Florencia, dear girl, is Dam, the mama’s boy, (sorry Dam!) really worth living with, Alfie, on which the movie, Monster-in-Law was based...... in La Ermita, a pueblo that you hate, for the rest of your life? You are beautiful, you have hundreds of other options, think about this!

When is Horacio going to arrive? Is he WALKING back to La Ermita? We need him back to shake things up and quickly! Wouldn’t it be funny if our little murderer is the hero of our beloved Passion Pit!!! I’d love to join the amigos at the Horacio table, but I’m being treated for Table-Shock, after the loss of our shaggy patient/project, Augusto, and have been told to avoid tables until I make a complete recovery! However, I must ask, what are you drinking?
 

Super Marta...every time I think you can't amaze me any more....you do! Can't imagine blasting out a recap after taking your mom to the hospital and being, understandably, worried sick. You must have the fastest fingers in the West to be able to get down all those 100 mile and hour conversations. Bouquets of flowers to you, love, and prayers and more prayers for your good mama.
 

Marta, glad you mother is better and thanks for doing the recap in light of your other concerns.

I guess the Pal suicide attempt could make us think that she will end up w/Gael but I want to hope that this is her wake-up call on reality. She's obsessed w/him and that's not love and he doesn't love her. Having them get together after this will be very creepy and I really hope these sorry writers don't go there.

Sylvia - ITA about the Orange Menace's comments to Elisa. Even a broken (or sick, twisted, demented) clock can be right twice a day and she was right about this marry Gael foolishness.

Though Dam is weak, he was trying to bargain for Elisa and has no skills to do so as his mother is the queen of manipulation. I saw this scene as Fina sealing her fate, which will be very bad. When all of her machinations come to the fore, I don't see Dam speaking to her again.
 

Marta, I'm so glad that your mom is better... what a great loyal daughter you are.

I loved the recap. What a challenging scene between Gael and Padre Lupe. I sat there with my mouth gaping. You did such a good job translating that.

Paloma OD'd on herbs? Yikes! I would not have thought that she would try to do herself in. I thought perhaps she was whipping up a philtre for Gael.

Poor Dam was clearly out of his league trying to bargain with his mom. I enjoyed that he told her that he picked up his blackmailing skills from her. She almost beamed with pride.

Carlos
 

Marta: You are an artist. Thanks.

I so don't get Paloma. How many ways does he have to say "no". This act of drama isn't going to get her anywhere. Elisa is so guilt-ridden about EVERYTHING already. There is no explanation for it. Why can't Elisa turn to Gael - he loves her and shows it. So, he has less to lose than Damián, but, so what.

Who will Sabrina end up with? She is going to be an enduring tragedy in the Ermita.
 

Sandy, the Horacio Table (tequila sunrises) was folded up a while back. But for the Venganza Table, I suggest we keep our cool with La Ermita Iced Tea (like Long Island Iced Tea, but with tequila.) And if any of those botoxed harpies try to come over, we snap our fans in unison.
 

Wonderful recap, Marta-- thank you! So glad your mom is back home with you. What a night you must have had.
 

Now that I've finally seen this, have to say my favorite scene was Don Lucio and Maru. Oh my, the light in his eyes. I would have been an absolute molten puddle at his feet. Admired Maru for managing to keep her calm.
 

Greetings all. They showed episode 143 in Mexico last night, and they are still flashing "ultimas semanas". So, we must be going well past the 146 or 150 episodes I had seen rumored. I have even seen references to finishing in Sept which would imply at least 160 episodes? But I had also read August.

I'll let you know if I notice ultimos capitulos. I assume they also use the "ultimos capitulos" announcements in Mexico?

Please don't kill the messenger! (Audrey ducks)
 

Best wishes for your Mom, Marta! Wow - scary incident! I'm so glad she's better, and I'm glad you are getting happily settled in Winter Park - it sounds lovely.
 

Marta:
First, I am glad your Mother is OK. I would never have the energy to write a recap after being at the hospital to attend to a loved one, and this is the second, or perhaps third time you have done it—THIS YEAR. We are very lucky to have such a committed contributor on our Caray Team. Thank you Super Marta. I am sending my kindest thoughts to you and your Mom. And goo luck finding a perfect place in lovely Winter Garden. It sounds like a lovely town you have chosen for yourself.

Second, thank you for the Gael/Loopy translations in this recap. I would have had to rewind three times to get half of those rapid fire conversations! Furthermore, when the Padre got sarcastic with Gael I though I was hearing things.

EJ
 

I so agree with this observation on Paloma, dear Karen...

"She's obsessed w/him and that's not love and he doesn't love her. Having them get together after this will be very creepy and I really hope these sorry writers don't go there".

Remember when I thought (foolishly) that we could take Flo to the Seychelles and turn her into a (semi)worthy Blonde Ninja Feminista to oppose Alfonsina?

I was so mistaken. There is not a feminista bone in one of the bodies of the writers of our now plotless show. All women must have men, or at least one man to define them. It so grates on my every last nerve.

Our dear friend Novela Maven keeps trying to soothe my fevered brow when I get worked up about story ATTITUDE (we know there is no plot) by reminding me, "it is all make believe". So far I haven't been able to let go of wrangling some sense into the belief systems that surround our characters if not their actual stories, which make no sense at all.

I know, amiga, I should probably join the Table on the Patio wearing the beanies that say, "I Believe It All". I am sure I would be much less frustrated.

EJ
 

Oh, Audrey:

I would never kill the messenger. But 160 episodes. Holy fillerama, Batman!

I may have to snail mail Ramona and ask her for some soothing herbs.

Thanks for the news, Audrey.

EJ
 

So, I finally watched this episode. I have to give Carmina credit for pointing out to Elisa the difference between Stef/Aug/Carmina and Pal/Gael/Elisa, in that Paloma is still alive.

I do not see how Paloma and Elisa can be BFFs after Elisa has stabbed her in the back by getting engaged to Gael. Bad form, Elisa, in spite of the fact that you know Gael doesn't care about Paloma. Very bad form.

I am rather disgusted with Elisa (as IF she cares) and hope she is wracked with guilt over Paloma.

The co-dependency on this show of women needing men is absolutely disgusting. I'm starting a table in a corner of the patio, and saving a seat for elna june. Maru seems to be the only female who does not *need* a man, nor is her identity wrapped up in being with/without a guy. Yes, she has a crush on Don Lucio and would love for him to "carry her milk" for the rest of her life, but she knows she would be fine without him, too.

I am adding the horses to the "stoopid" list. If those horses had any brains, they would have kicked and bucked and thrown those eejits Gael & Dam off their backs.
 

Ramona doesn't need a man, and she's kind of like a woman.
 

True Blue Lass. But have you noticed she is ALWAYS grumpy!? (on the plus side she doesn't cry)
 

I know what you are saying, doris with the women suffering a co-dependency epidemic except for Maru and Ramona. But Maru has shown that you can be close to the man you love without pushing yourself inside his shirt (to say it one way). Maru is contempt with seeing Don Lucio on a regular basis and eating with him, bringing him little treats, accompanying him around town, etc. you don't have to be married with him or share a bed with him to have a friendly relationship with a man, even if you know you actually are in love with him. I know it must be hard for someone younger than Maru, like Paloma, but wouldn't it be better to be around him, even if not as a couple than not being around him at all because the friendship bond has been damaged beyond repair? IF she does not find a different way to react, she will lose not only him as a friend, but Elisa also. And even if Elisa an Gael end up splitting again, the friendships will be gone for good.
 

The writers have dug themselves a hole of sorts, Paloma has tried to kill herself over Gael, if they are together in the end, what type of message does that send.....a very dangerous one!

Karen, “I saw this [manipulation] scene as Fina sealing her fate, which will be very bad. When all of her machinations come to the fore, I don't see Dam speaking to her again.” I am praying that this is true!! I am really more worried about Alfie’s fate than anyone’s.

Did we ever figure out what happened to Kenia’s car? I don't know why details like that worry me!

Blue Lass, Long Island Iced Tea sounds wonderful! How is your arm?
 

EJ, daisynjay, Marta, and Doris - I would love to crash the writers room and give them some pointers on character development for programing aimed at women. The co-dependency theme is quite disturbing especially when most the women who don't need men are Agent Orange and Fina. And though NM's creates more sanity for those who watch TNs, EJ don't be hard on yourself for wanting logical characters. The better TNs, especially those not extended, give us that.

And yes Marta for someone as young and immature as Pal to be friends w/Gael especially after getting too close may be impossible.

Sandy - Since TNs can be very cruel w/their punishment of female villains, I think we can assured that Fina will have some type of horrible fate b/c of manipulation of her son and cruelty to Stephie and Elisa. My biggest question is will she survive? Though she hasn't killed anyone (yet), she has destroyed lives.
 

Doris:

I am headed for the corner table right now. Let's make some mojitos over here, shall we? My daughter makes a mean mojito!

Sandy, you are too right with this comment, "Paloma has tried to kill herself over Gael, if they are together in the end, what type of message does that send.....a very dangerous one"! C'mon over to the corner table. Doris and I have a mojito waiting for you.

EJ
 

I'm voting for Fina to end up paralyzed and dependent. That would really fry her bonbons.

Arm's all better, Sandy -- thanks!
 

Karen,
sometimes the worst punishment for people who have acted so WRONG towards others just because they assumed the wrong thing... is to live with it for the rest of their lives... and have to make it up to the people they hurt... I really would not be surprised Dam won't want to see or talk to her again, but that is not Dam... he will forgive and as hard as it can be to believe, i think Elisa would too, just for the sake of living in peace from that moment on out. Elisa would do it for him as much as for her, so he would not be caught in the middle between the women he cares so much about. THen again, a more realistic option woudl be anything but that, maybe even Dam and Elisa willing to have her around but Alfie herself choses to move away out of her own guilt/conscience. She would visit every now and then... like Catalina did at the end of Corazon Salvaje 93 where she went to live with the nuns.
 

elna june - Mojitos for you, me and Sandy, and anyone else who is tired of these sniveling co-dependent man-dependent females.
 

Should we combine the Venganza and Feminista tables, or would that be too volatile?
 

marta - I would love to see Alfonsina punishment be that she stay in La Ermita, broke and power-less, unable to afford any more Botox, working in a taqueria making the taco shells, and Dam never speaking to her again NOR allowing her to have ANY contact with her ... ~nietos~. We know this will not happen . . . but a viewer can dream.
 

Marta/Karen: “Alfie herself choses to move away out of her own guilt/conscience.” Not wanting to give away the ending of Doña Barbara, but one of the parties did just that....and that is why I applaud that novela for the best ending EVER! I fear that this won’t be the case for Alfonsina.

Yes, we must combine the Feminista/Venganza table and have Braulio there as the “volatility control officer,” I think we might need him!

Mojito....Long Island Ice Tea.....Mojito......Long Island Ice Tea.....have to think about this!

Neighbor Doris, “I would love to see Alfonsina punishment be that she stay in La Ermita, broke and power-less, unable to afford any more Botox, working in a taqueria making the taco shells, and Dam never speaking to her again NOR allowing her to have ANY contact with her ... ~nietos~.” This is a good ending!
 

i am heading over to that table in a flash! mojitos... Long Island Ice Tea... i can bring some peach snaps too... such tough decisions we have to make at the Patio, right? lol Do we get to decide who survives in the end too?
If Horacio comes back to help get rid of the pest, i really want him to survive in the end somehow, and he will hand over Lolita to Braulio voluntarily then dissappear into the sunset... how's that? maybe hook up with Flo who had the same idea?
 

marta et al - has anyone with a past like Horacio's actually NOT died by the Por Fin?
 

good point, doris. can't think of any character like him that survived the end of the novela.
 

Thanks, Marta! I wish the best for your mom. I just dealt with the opposite thing, my mom's bp was 60 over 30. Scary.

I loved "for Dam to break the umbilical cord". Amen!

Also "Did her Botox deflated?" Lol

But my favorite was "fool me twice, shame on Dam Stoopid".

Doris - escaleracide!

Blue - I will take a La Ermita Iced Tea at the Feminista table. I like the idea of not needing to wear my bra.

I haven't caught the episode yet. 2 questions: is the Gael/Dam/horses circling scene the one from the previews? And, did Dam really say that about a smiley face on the belly? Or was that Marta's snark?

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and excellent cyber party yesterday!

R la O
 

Rosemary,
no the horseriding dare was NOT the one in the opening/closing credits. and yes the smiley face was all my own...
 

or should i say the horseriders face-off...
 

I have been waiting for that horse face-off, but not as much as the shirtless arm wrestling. I hope I haven't missed that.

Good one about the smiley face!
 

Oh my gosh! I just watched my recording, up to Padre's melt down. Just brilliant. I was laughing the whole way through. "If you three want to jump over a cliff, then grab hands and jump together!"
 

I am grabbing two pitchers just to make sure, one of mojitos, the other of Long ITs, and heading over to the feminista venganza table to wait for the shirtless arm-wrestling scene. Is there some leftover birthday cake?
 

Cap'n, you crack me up.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder