Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Por ella soy Eva #30 8/28/12

I missed the very beginning. I came in here: by accident Mutt calls his fiance Angelica (he has both girls on his screen saver) instead of Paty baby. We need a new Wednesday recapper, Jim can't do it any more.
  • Pluto is having an al fresco lunch with Helena, who is warmly and trustingly confiding in him. Eva is late -- she's doing her makeup with Mimi and complaining: "I have to get out of this disguise, Pluto is making a play for MY Helena." "You can't! If you show up they'll throw you in jail and he'll have a clear path. And besides, you haven't found one clue to the fraud. And another thing, Helena is not YOURS, she is not a thing, don't be so macho. Eva and I will teach you, Juan Carlos, not to be such a jerk." JC says he never thought, before he knew Mimi, that a man and a woman could actually be friends.

    Eva arrives at the intimate lunch Helena is having with Pluto. Pluto has a surprise: he has talked to Max Montes, supposedly Eva's great love, and Max denies having ever known Eva. Eva bursts into tears: "All men are alike! They promise you eternal love and then pretend to forget you!" Good one. Pluto is about to call Max and put Eva on the phone but Eva cries more and says, "no more humilliations, at my age I can't take it."

    Back at Mimi's, JC says: I have to find Max Montes! And I've figured out a way to separate Pluto and Helena" He calls Antonia: "It occurred to me you should go back to GI, it's your business. Take care of your weight and go back to work. You have too much talent to stay home." Tony (eating) says she'll go back. "Don't say it was my idea." "I was thinking about it anyway - I just needed a little push. You're my Pepe Grillo." (That's Jimeny Cricket.)

  • Adriano's baby love lounges on his desk and whines until he agrees to go to the dance hall with her. He is exhausted (or hungover).
    Paty baby has dragged Santi out to a disco. He thinks they don't have the momey for a huge wedding. She doesn't care. "Borrow it! I'll organize the loan," she decress.

    Meanwhile, elsewhere in the same disco, Adriano feels out of place, the strobe lights make him dizzy. His baby love shows up looking fabulous. He wants him at the VIP area where the pictures are getting taken. She wants the whole world to see them together. She jumps up and down, "Dance with me!" she orders. He is getting into it when Santi sees him. Impactado! When Adriano hears that Paty baby and Santi think he's with his daughter, it embarrasses him, he stops dancing and goes home. She mopes for a nanosecond and then keeps dancing. He, though, mopes all the way home into his palace and guzzles booze. Maybe he'll have a heart attack. He looks to his fish for consolation.

  • Evil gramps is meeting with a private investigator or a lawyer who has found some mysterious information to discredit Helena and make it easier for him to get custody of Lalo. "I need time to prepare for battle and what you've given me is perfect."
    He sneaks the mysterious papers home and snarls at his wife. Then, that evening as Helena is saying goodnight to Lalo evil gramps lurks in the hallway and insults Helena, who says she'll soon have the money she owes him. Her mom warns her the dad is scheming. Helena: "I thought she saw Juan Carlos. I've been thinking about him a lot."
  • Marcela and her husband watch their kids go off with a bunch more kids. This clueless husband asks her: "Does it look to you like there are more women studying these days? Are all those women taking classes in cooking?" "Honey, would you like us to move to Iran?"
  • Antonia comes to GI and announces to her dismayed husband: "This isn't a visit, I've decided to come back to work." "Uh but your health? you need to rest more." "No. I can be your right hand in the Playa Majagua project." "That's Helena's job." "We'll see about that..."
    Rebe has redone Antonia's huge office in pink and is very chummy with her. She poisons Tony against Helena: "She's a devil!" "Let's put her in her place!"

    Naturally Tony overhears the tail end of a gossipy chat between Helena and her friend with the bangs, who has a boyfriend "Mau" and is in a hurry to have the relationship progress because her train is leaving." When Tony hears H. say about JC: "The love I feel for him is impossible," she thinks the impossible love is with TONY'S HUSBAND PLUTO. She comes in and says she's taking over Helena's project and insinuates Helena plagiarized from the famous thesis. Helena: "Are you firing me?" "No, but you'll be working for me. I'll need your help less every day."


  • Eva asks Tony why she is acting so crazy. Tony says Helena is after her husband. Eva tries to talk her down. "Leave Helena along, don't be paranoid. Your jealousy will ruin your marrage. Control yourself."
  • Pluto tells Onesimo he's furious his wife is back, it will just make things more 'complicated' with Helena. "Find her an apartment right now!" he orders Onesimo, who infers Pluto has already scored. He finds a great, expensive apartment ("What a great love nest it will be!" Pluto tells Helena he's cleared up the problems with Lucia's apartment and also has found a nice place for Helena and Lalo. "I can't accept, your wife is jealous." "It's just a game we play, theatrical jealousy, actually we are madly in love with each other." ??


    He takes her to see this big fancy apartment. She says "It's great, but I can't pay the deposit or the rent. I can't accept it." "This is my friend's apartment, he's out of the country and wants a good housesitter who can pay a minimum amount." We leave with her grinning ear to ear at her good luck and him looking pretty pleased with his plans.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, CHF, I was lost in the conversation between Plutarco and Onesimo. I think Adriano is starting to recognize he can no longer keep up with sweet young things. The scene in the disco made him feel way out of place. Maybe this is paving the way for him to give Mimi a chance, although I don't know what she sees in him. Ah, the heart wants what the heart wants
 

Thank you for the recap, CHF. Tonight's show hasn't broadcast here yet, so I don't have any comments about it.

Last week, we talked about Eva's stockings - that she falls and bangs up her legs all the time but never gets a run in her stockings. So yesterday I e-mailed Camil and jokingly asked what brand stockings Eva wears - all the chicas on Caray! want stockings like that that don't run.

Today he answered. "Las medías desde luego que sí se corren (get runs) pero gracias a la magia de la TV y el presupuesto (budget) de Televisa no tenemos problema."

Alas, no Kevlar pantyhose.

 

Thank you for the recap! It cleared up a lot of puzzlement for me.

I am also quite impressed with Paula H and her email correspondence with the divine JC.

I love this tn but the evil gramps storyline is depressing.

Mil in NC
 

I haven't watched this yet either, so will wait to read the recap, but like Mil in NC, impressed that Jaime is your penpal Paula.
 

CHF- thanks for this fab recap. Loved Adriano at the disco. It was too funny when he couldn't keep up. That Paola will give him an infarto if he isn't careful. I think Adriano is very lonely. It was sad when he was with the fish drinking.

I am glad Antonia is having a great friendship with Mimi and Eva. They both have done so much for her. I like the fact she is improving for herself and not someone else. I like her new "luke" but that office. It looked like a hair salon.

Poor Helena. I really hope she isn't going to get reamed by Antonia. I hope the jig is up for Pluto, but it will be while I think. It would be great if Helena could compare her work with Antonia's thesis. This way they could catch Pluto out. He plagerized from both.

Ugh, we got to see Eduardo the Bastardo, and I wonder what sort of "evidence" he has on Helena? Could it be the bar thing with Diego? I think he went to see a lawyer cause it seemed Eduardo the Bastardo had some sort of court paper. He really didn't want Silvia to see it and rat it out to Helena. I hope Helena pays off that mortgage soon. Maybe that is what he has on her. Even though Silvia is the one that did that, NOT Helena.

Why was Onesima worried about Lucia? He said something like she is my enemy/could be my enemy? It was too funny, and that tie of his has got to go! It looks like it was made for the Jolly Green Giant, it is soooo loong, lol.

Paula, wonderful that you email Camil. I too wondered about those pantyhose, lol. If it was a normal woman that fell ther would be ladders of runners, lol.
 

Great recap Melinama. Paula- Add me to those impressed by your correspondence with Camil. How cool!

Any episode with Bastardo puts me in a bad mood. There was way too much of him last night, plus he was planning to hurt Helena. Boooo!

Mads- The reason why Onesima is worried about Lucia is because he came into her and Helena's tour company office, pretending to be a client. That's how he stole a copy of Helena's project. If she remembers him, then she can tie him back to the theft of the project. The funny part is, she wasn't even speaking to him when she said "I know you from somewhere." She was speaking to Santi who had just walked by a second before.
 

Thanks Vivi- I missed that epi when Onesimo took Helena's project. I always wondered how Pluto got his hands on it.
 

Yes, it was a thrill to hear from Camil. All of you, if you have something to say, I'd encourage you to e-mail him, fans@jaimecamil.com . It doesn't need to be in Spanish - his English is superb. He has said that he really values SPECIFIC feedback about his acting. Once in a scene in LEPerez, the way he said "No! Platinos!" was so funny, it still made me laugh three days later. I told him that and he responded to that e-mail too. It's probably a refreshing change for all the "Te adoro! Te amo!" e-mail he must get all the time.
 

Thanks so much for the recap. I was sorry to see Antonia fall so easily into the vampire lover's trap. I hope that Eva & Mimi can keep working on Tony's confidence so that she is no so easily roused to jealousy. She was pretty funny as she confronted Helena and staked her claim on Plutarco.

Eduardo! Ugh! I hate that storyline. What can he have on Helena? Morals? (Diego's house alone at night?) Fraud? (the charges of plagiarism?) I don't think it's fiscal -- Helena said last night (I think) that she has paid off that mortgage. Could Eduardo have run down the absentee father and got him to sign ove parental rights to Eduardo????????

Oh- and add me to those who are awed by your email exchange, Paula.


 

Thanks, CHF!

The best moment for me last night was when Marcela suggested to Fernando that they move to Iran. (I have a better idea: Fernando can move to Iran by himself. Or just out of state. Let's see how well he can fend for himself.

I thought either Eduardo or the lawyer/detective did say something about Lalito's father, but I'm not sure what. Whatever the paper in the blue folder was (looked like an order from the Family Court) is supposed to "buy him some time" for something bigger, apparently. So if I had to guess, that paper gives Ed temporary custody of the kid while something bigger is in the works.

I have a pretty dismal success rate with predictions, so I'm probably wrong. But from the avances it looks like we'll find out about that paper tonight.
 

Yes, Julie, that Iran remark was priceless. Fernando is such an ass.

Güera
 

Donna, about the mortgage. You were close. Helena said that now she is up-to-date on the payments. There was a scare earlier because they were behind on the payments.
 

Okay..Paula or anybody who's up to speed on Mexican slang...When Eduardo was talking to his lawyer and the fellow was telling him the case wouldn't be a slam-dunk, he seemed to express it by saying "no es un enchilame un otro gordo".

Translation? thanks in advance

Melinama, always enjoy your recaps. You don't drown us in details and always land some zingers. For some reason "he looks to his fish for consolation" just cracked me up. And coming back to that cold, über-sized , lonely house had to be a lesson of some kind for our paunchy executive. Bring on Mimi!
 

Judy, I found it! http://swearindf.blogspot.com/2009/09/enchilame-otra.html

"Enchilar gordas (to add chili to gorditas) is an easy task that requires no attention or skills of any kind. It can be done one gordita after the other without taking much time and without a problem. Thus, when Chilangos want to convey that a task does require attention, skills, and time, they say ¿a poco crees que es de "enchílame otra"?, which means "do you really think this is as easy as adding chili to another gordita?" An alternative is esto no es de "enchílame otra."

 

Does anyone want to recap tonight? If no one with posting access steps forward, I'll put up a discussion post. If anyone without access wants to write a recap, I'll be happy to move it into the body of the post. As always, please alert us here on Tuesday's thread if you plan to recap Wednesday's show, so you don't duplicate effort.
 

Oooh thanks Paula. Knew I could count on you and your computer investigation skills (if not your native speaker skills of which you have a lot also). Muchas gracias amiga mia.

Of course, come to think of it, I have no idea what a "gordita" is (not the gordita in the song "Mi Gordita Linda" that's for sure). I'll have to look it up. Must be some great finger food.
 

Okay, looked it up. Now I'm hungry!
 

Hi, Paula,

I can recap tonight and Wednesdays from here on after if you want, please let me know.
 

Thanks for the translation. I would have been lost without it.
 

Thank you so much, Jefa, for stepping into the void. I'm sure we'll enjoy your recaps.

For tonight, I'll put up an empty blog post. You can put your recap into it like you did before, and I'll move it into the main part of the post.

For the future, the Blog Mom needs to get you set up in blogger, so you can post directly yourself. Her e-mail address used to be on this page, but I can't find it there now. Please e-mail me at paulah88@hotmail.com and I'll put you two in touch.

Welcome aboard, and again, thank you for picking up the baton.
 

It is indeed my pleasure.
I will try my best not to disappoint.
Unfortunately I can't open Wednesday's page.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder