Friday, August 31, 2012

Refugio Para el Amor #104 Fri 8/31/12 Leading man begins showing backbone.. too little too late? ... the set-up for a 'memorable family dinner' and our Luci hears 'you are the heir of half of TL empire'

Lo refrito:
Melissa and Claudio: he did not want the money but now he is ready to retake his business work.
NotSoDimRod and Luci: she tells him how she found out, Paz told her and Claudio when she realized how much Rosa had hurt Luci knowing who she was. He asks why did she do it, Luci says that is a question only she can give you the answer to. She apologizes for telling him a truth that did not really belong to her.
NSDTMR: Forgive me Luciana, forgive me for all the harm we have caused you… and I, instead of minimizing your pain, I have hurt you even more!... please forgive me!... Forgive me!... (I have to say Gabriel Soto has come a LOOOONGGG way from the cardboard actor he used to be).

Lo Nuevo:
NSDTMR: I don’t deserve that you even look at me. I deserve what I have… and what I am. I deserve to be married to a woman I do not love… a woman I repulse. I deserve to live at her side, thinking about you always, each instant. Thinking of the happiness I left here (behind).
(Luci hugs him and they cry hard together… again, great acting on both… totally unexpected by me on the Gabriel side).
Paz and Magda arrive. Paz is really surprised to see Rod there… Rod stands up and looks at her.
NSDTMR: Forgive me, Senora. Now I understand why you told me that my mother would never accept her (Luci) and that it would bring lots of trouble for the two of us, mostly lots of suffering for Luciana. You asked me to defend her from everyone and I did not do it. I let you down… Thank you. For having given so much love to Luciana all these years (Luci is moved behind him, cries more)…  For having been a true mother for her… (Paz realizes he knows the truth)… You don’t know how much it pains me all the harm we caused Luciana. How it pains me to have allowed them to separate us.
Paz: What is done is done (Lo hecho, hecho esta)
NSDTMR: (turns back to Luci) Forgive me, Luciana… I will never finish apologizing to you… ever. And although I am sure your father will support you, you can always count on me… for everything. I will see that you  and my son never need anything… (holds her hand but is about to fall apart crying) Take care of yourself … and of our son… (kisses her on cheek, is totally disheveled as he kisses Paz’s hand)… Goodbye Senora. (walks slowly out the door… Luci falls to floor crying desperately. Paz embraces her…)

At Gala’s apt, Gala is so angry she can’t even eat. Valentina runs in with the newspaper headline about Claudio being found innocent and getting half of the fortune of the TL’s. Julie again comments that the ‘chacha’ will get half of ‘OUR fortune!’.
Fernanda could not find Rod at the club… Gala concludes Rod went to find Luciana and gets even angrier (if that is possible). (ok, she ‘s mad… so what’s new?... welcome to the group of women who force a man to marry them only to make themselves more miserable than ever… again she treats Valentina worse than a dog…  pathetic… move on…)

Vio and Ofelia talk about Lastra being a man you gotta be careful with.  Vio calls Aldo, maybe he can protect them… (>>> NOT!!!) he will meet them at the NFERNO.

At Nicole’s beauty shop, for a change,(… NOT!!)... Vicky is nervous about the news as she is reminded by this woman client who is really annoying and is only worried that it must be terrible to have to hand over half of your fortune to a stranger…  zzzz… move on.

Rod arrives at the offices [walking like a zombie], just missing Pato who left a second before down the elevator at other side of front desk.

At Het Het Paz is worried about Rod going to confront his mother and Rosa will be even more out of control than she is now. Luci says don’t worry, that woman won’t harm us more. She did my mother Aurora because she was alone. But not me, I have you all, my father and now… even Rodrigo himself. She won’t harm me or my baby. (Magda smiles confident)

Rod interrupts the Max/Oscar/Boys meeting… need to talk to Max alone… (they all leave)
R: Why did you hide from me that my mother had given away Luciana when she was a baby? Now I understand the hatred of Claudio Linares toward us!! And know something, dad? In his place I would hate you the same!!! Or even more!! (credits song) My mother gave Luciana away, and then lied saying she was born dead?? How could my mother do that, papa?? Who is she?? Who is that cruel and merciless woman?? Who??!! (he sits on floor totally devastated) Who is my mother, papa?? That can’t be my mother!... I can’t believe my mother is that criminal. Help me…
M: Rodrigo… your mother was a wonderful woman… But she always carried on her a terrible sin… envy. Claudio and Aurora were our associates. But above all, our friends. Their marriage was so loving and strong, admirable. They really loved each other. And it showed. Your mother was bothered by that but she tolerated it because she had one thing over Aurora. Her sons … you and Patricio. But when she found out (Aurora) was pregnant, Claudio was in prison and she (Aurora) relied on your mother. The admiration I felt for Aurora led your mother to think that Aurora and I were lovers. She hated her terribly. I did not pay enough attention to her at the moment, and she thought that the baby girl could be my child, so she decided to give her away.
R: Why didn’t you tell me? Why did you keep quiet something so terrible? Why did you allow my mother to abuse Luciana, who ultimately, was her innocent victim??
M: I swear I ignored that! I did not know Luci was Claudio’s child and above all I ignored what your mother had done! I did not know Aurora’s child was alive and that your mother had given her away! I too was impactado by the news!
R: You should have told me when you found out.
M: Yes I should have, but your mother is not well. Her envy and jealousy have become an illness that is destroying her slowly. Your mother is ill. She is terrified her sons might find out what she was capable of doing!
R: You should have told me, papa! I would have saved my marriage! I would have defended Luciana! (have to tell you boy, woudhave shouldhave doesn’t do any good now) This world of lies have taken us all to be infinitely miserable. At least this sin of my mother’s has made me the most disgraced man. What good do my tears do now, papa, if my whole life won’t be enough for me to regret?
M: You are in your right to confront us and judge us. But I will ask you to forgive your mother. She is not well in her reason! The doctor told me already when he ordered so many tests on her.
R: I don’t know papa. I don’t’ know what I will do. I suddenly feel like I just lost my mother. (they embrace)

Rosa asks Patricio for his father… There is no one at home… (enumerates where everyone is)… and I… they all leave me alone…
P: Mama, these days are very complicated. The session for Linares is not easy.
R: Of course it is not easy. Your father should never have accepted that sentence.
P: It is a sentence, mama. There is no debating possible!
R: I know. But all I know is that your father’s power must be good for something!
P: In front of a judge and jury, mother, there is not much power can be good for. They are the absolute power.
R: You are so smart and so naïve at the same time!...
P: Why do you say that? Because I still believe in people? In institution (In law and order)? In civility?
R: That sounds so nice, but practical life is not like that.
P: It is not practice, mother, it is a matter of life. If you don’t live honorably and with integrity, I don’t see any reason to live it.
R: You are forgetting about moral and religion. That is the most important. To play the role you got handed with faith. With respect for your family and with good examples. And don’t tell me the example of Claudio Linares is loable.
P: I don’t know him, mother. But I saw in his eyes a determination to show he is an honorable man… and he showed it. For some reason the jury declared it to be true.
R: Ay Patricio, enough! Lets not let Claudio Linares become the table talk subject!
P: Linares won’t be the table talk subject… he will become the new associate of my father’s.

Claudio and Melissa… he will be real busy taking over possession over what he has been given. But he won’t miss her thesis defense. She leaves elated that he will be there for her.

At Het Het Ariche returns, he had gone to his grandma and she helped him with homework. He invites them to go to church with him and his grandma. They will. Luci is trying to glue together the vase that broke. Luci tells him Rod left. He feels sad, wanted to give Rod a slingshot he has in his hands. But Ariche is sure Rod will return soon. Luci won’t bet on that. A while later they work on Ariche’s first piggy bank work. They will teach the baby to save
(Luci won’t let Ariche teach the baby to eat worms… LOL!)

Rod gets to his loft, straight to shower, won’t pay attention to Gala yelling at him. Then he comes out dressed to ride his motorbike… he does not want to hear anything about Rosa or about her (Gala). Gala keeps on yelling (her favorite way of communicating)… HE is able to shove her out of the way without hurting her (I was afraid for a moment he would push her and she would blame him for losing the baby… phew! … Rod goes out for a ride, is mad as hell, I was afraid he would have an accident … phew 2!!)…

Rosa again talks to Pato about not knowing about Rod… She says Gala keeps calling her looking for him.
P: Gala was so anxious to marry Rod, no? Now they are married! And issues between married couples are issues between the two of them!. (Nuff said!! This guy rocks!!)
(Everyone left Rosa alone again.. So Rosa will eat at Pato’s room with him… Pato seems to feel bad for her being left alone again… she wants to take another pill to fall asleep, this alarms Pato a bit… she is looking forward to tomorrow’s meal together as a family, want to keep them all together as long as she can now that she sees them going their separate ways)
P: Mama… I will never leave you alone. I will always be with you… (never.. always… tough promises to fulfill, Pato.. careful what you promise this crazy woman) … (Rosa says when he falls in love…) I am in love!.. but my life is tied to this chair, and not everyone will want to share their life with me… (Rosa tries to cheer him up but.. asks him did he say he is in love?) If I were not in love, mother, I would already have died of sadness… (she wants to know if he will tell her who is the fortunate girl.. ME!!! ME!!... tough chance marta!)… No!   (LOL!!)

Max and Oscar At TL offices,. Oscar heard about Rosa planning another family dinner. Max tells Oscar that Rod already found out about Rosa and baby Luci… they both know Rod will confront Rosa. And once Rod talks to Rosa, Max worries, things in our family life will never be the same.

Aldo tries to mention to Max about business matters (wants to have a ‘junta’ with Max about their 'association')… Max is not in mood for ‘meetings’ with Aldo. Sends Aldo to ‘NFERNO’  (funny, in spanish, a way of sending someone packing is to say ‘vete al infierno’ which sounds almost the same as what Max said)

Connie visits Pato in his room, and he shows her his progress with his hand and forehand. She is gladly impressed. These two do care about each other and can smile together, which Pato needs right about now. He wants her to keep it a secret.

At Het Het Luci can’t stop thinking of Rod. Paz says its because you still love him very much. Claudio arrives. Everyone is surprised. He wanted to come let Luci know about what happened at the trial and everything that will come from that. They tell Claudio Rod came over. Luci told Rod about him being her father and about Rosa giving her away. Claudio says that is ok. He would have found out. Luci says Rod was so sad, disheveled. Luci thinks she caused that pain for him. Claudio says no, it wasn’t you, Rosa caused us all that pain.

Max is remembering the judge reading the sentence about the 50% of the TL empire. And then remembers Rod confronting him about hiding the fact Rosa gave Luci away and Rod saying in Claudio’s place he would hate them the same or more..
Vicky arrives. Max is not in mood to talk about Vicky’s problems. He wants to relax and have a good time with her… she wants to talk about her present and future… Max says your present is me… and as long as you make me happy you will have a future… PATHETIC girl, DREADFUL monster…

Rosa wakes up late, and for a change, everyone have left her alone, except Mati who is there to listen to her… The family went to the club… but Max assured Mati everyone would come back in time for the family dinner… (Pato stayed behind to have his therapy). Rosa says want this day to be unforgettable for everyone (you say it and you don’t know it RosaE…)

At club, Melissa tells them about her pro test, Boris mentions to Jana that he will be going to the family dinners once they are married… then makes another scene to Jana and finally tells her it was a fight with Lorenzo that got him the blow on the face the other day. Jana says if we split it won’t be for anyone else but for his attitude. He puts as excuse he is really in love.

Connie, Max and Oscar talk about RosaE’s health and her plan for the family meal… zzzzzz… Oscar changes the subject about the session to Claudio… Max gets mad instantly. Connie seems to defend Claudio so Max takes it on her… He is finding it hard to give Linares several Million Dollars just like that. ITs a big blow for the business! COnnie adds: And to your pride/ego, Max! Oscar changes the subject, mostly to protect Connie, saying it was a good move to put some of the business and assets in his sons and Rosa’s name.

At the vecindad, everyone is about to head out to Xochimilco(sp?) to buy a bigger basket for the taco business… Lorenzo got a neighbor to lend them his/her truck/van (payment: fill the gas tank)… but as they leave, the basket where they have their picnic stuff is HUGE HUGE!!

At Het Het, Claudio gives Luci/Paz a copy of his will. Paz gets nervous about the subject of death. Claudio is just taking some precautions. Tells Luci she is his only relative, and thus, his universal heir. Everything he has will be for her and his grandchild’s… to share with whoever she wants. She says she does not want to change her lifestyle, she likes to earn her own money. Claudio is really proud of that, but she should know she counts on his properties and very soon with half of the fortune of the TL family. Paz and Luci impactadas.

Previews are awesome:
Rod confronts Rosa. Rosa is shocked, make that double shocked at entering dining room.
Then the dinner takes on an unexpected tone… seems there are two sides/parties at/around that dinner table… Gala and Julie sitting at table with Frigida standing behind them… Connie and Melissa are also sitting at table… and on other side Rod (killer stare/stand), Pato, Max, Jana and Padre standing behind them…  
Claudio urges Luci: You have to be prepared to face-off with the TorresLanda's!
Let the WWIII games BEGIN!!

Labels:


Comments:
Now the 64K penny question...
does everyone/anyone believe Max's version of the 20 yrs ago story?
1: Claudio, Max, Rosa and Aurora were great friends except Rosa always sinned of envy/jealousy.
2: Auro found out she was preggers AFTER Claudio was in jail
3: RE misinterpreted the 'admiration' Max felt for Aurora as an affair between them.
4: Rosa's jealousy drove her to give away Aurora's child

Somehow I have to say I DO believe Max. He convinced me in his confession to Rod, and it does agree with his argument to RosaE a while back when she at first accused him that Luci was HIS child.
 

I believe what Max left out of his story-telling to Rod was his own jealousy of Claudio... both for having Aurora (maybe he did really admire Aurora as a loving trusting wife and felt jealous of Claudio if RosaE was a 'stalker' controlling wife) and also for Claudio's money (i recall this week we heard Max tell Oscar that Claudio put in the money and Max put in the 'business savy' in their original partnership...


 

Thanks Marta for your excellent rendering of tonight's very, very satisfying proceedings. I agree that Soto is developing into a sensitive actor in this TN. It's a bit like the growing talent we see in William Levy. I am liking Rod, the lights are finally turning on in his head while the wise Pato has always been paying attention to the truth. Poor old Rod: he has blown Luciana's dedication to him off, his mama is stark raving mad and evil, his harpy of a wifey is totally intolerable and he's about to find out his beloved and loving Pa is a lying, stealing, sex driven monster. Strangely the family love still pours into their scenes. Gotta love it!
 

a couple of comments.
dont like that orange sweater on Gabriel, it washes off his tan, he even looks pale sick...

What is wrong with Roberto Blandon's voice when Max talks to Rod? does he have a cold?

And a little inspiration by a former forum friend from the La Mentira forum with convo between Juan del Diablo and Demetrio Azunzolo: my own original convo between Rosa Elena Torreslanda and Alfonsina Arango...

RE: how are you? have not seen you since we went to boarding school together. Did you have the perfect family you were dreaming of?
AA: I was hoping for it... until i realized I could not control my husband, i stalked the life out of him, monitoring his every move, until he ended up having lovers, and at least one child out of wedlock ... i ended up sending my son away to school to separate him from the daughter of the woman who killed my husband by convincing him to run away from me. [FLI-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-iP!!]
RE: Well, maybe you should have prayed more and been tougher on your son instead of sending him away. With him away you would not be able to organize family meals together as you would if you kept more control over your family.
AA: well, did that work for you?
RE: Can't say it did. My husband also had a child out of wedlock, or so i thought, and i stole that baby and gave her away, [God already forgave me for that by the way], only for her to show up at my door 20 yrs later [our father who art..]... she ended up marrying my son and taking him away... and when i finally separated her from my son by getting his former fiancee to get him drunk and sleep with him and get pregnant with his baby... then my already forgiven by God sin came to light and i lost all my children for good.
AA: that is what i am trying to prevent in my own case, that the daughter of the woman who took my husband away will take away my son the same way. [FLI-i-i-i-i-i-i-ip!!] Anyway, do you think your 'sacrifices' and prayers worked? is your family as happy and as loving of you as you expected?
RE: Maybe not, but as long as we keep the 'faith' and 'religion' and 'morals', then not everything is lost... 'Our Father tho art..'
AA: what does 'faith' and 'morals' get you if everyone seems to be looking for excuses to not be home with you?
RE: we are still a perfect family and God will help me make my sons 'see the light'...
AA: hmmm... i don't really see anything i can learn from you so i won't waste my time here... I will talk to you later... have to go buy some more flip-flip fans...

 

Marta- Thanks for this great recap. I don't think it is too late for Rod the Hot Bod. I think he has finally come to realize what his life is really all about and how he was conned out of his happiness. I don't blame him for being angry and I think too that he will be kinder to Claudio now that he knows the truth.

Can't wait for Monday for that family dinner. So Melissa was in the previews. I can't wait for the J'accuse moment. I hope they all gang up on our Rosa. Teach her a lesson hopefully, but she will just deny, deny as she usually does.

Poor Luci now she knows Rod has no clue about her true origins or what his mother did to her. She is heartbroken thinking of all that could have been, if Rosa la loca hadn't interfered. Loved how Rod thanked Paz for taking such good care of Luci all those years and is still doing now. Loved Paz's response to him too.

Gagme and her screaming has got to go. Can't stand her. But we know he will be stuck with her for awhile, unfortuntely. I lower the volume on the tv when she comes on. It is sooo loud and screechy.

Pato is wonderful, what a great guy. So many brains and those looks. I love the way this actor emotes. He could pull off being a major galan I have to say. Not all the ladies are into brawn, jus' sayin. I love how he always gives it back to his la loca of a Mama. She just can't buffalo him and she can't stand it.

Boris needs to go too. Can't stand him. He thinks he owns Jana. She ought to dump him and let Lula have him.
 

So it seems to me that mad Rosie is going for the brain tumor excuse to get herself off the hook for all her evil deeds. I want just a little revenge, now is that asking for too much? Th pie carts haven't been as punishing or humiliating as they seemed several years ago. She should at least have to know that her falandering husband has been a hot lover with someone else. The shame on her children's faces would be a nice touch. It might wipe that sanctmonious smirk off her face.
I wish Connie would stand up and walk into a real life with Oscar too.
 

Great recap, Marta. Loved the "zzzzz...," your asides, and the detailed rendering of some really crucial conversations in this one.

I also liked the way the writers handled Rodrigo and Luciana's meeting, as well as the wise and calming words they gave Max to say to Rodrigo when he returned. Of course then Max turned around and treated Vicky like the lowest of dishrags. Ugh.

Rod's confession of fault and amends making were just what one would want from someone who had injured us through ignorance and rash action. If a priest had been there, he could have given him absolution for sure.

But best part of the recap...seeing
RECAP POSTED BY MARTAIVETT!!! You are now "official" sweet lady, and I'm so glad.
 

This was splendid Marta. My gracious--wonderful word for word translations. For us language challenged, that is so golden!! Gracias.

I was mesmerized watching the rehash and then the new scenes with LIghtningRod, Paz and Luci. Beautifully written and the acting, wow, did not expect that out of Gab either.

As for the scene with Max, again, one of those moments when it's almost frustrating to watch how caring Max can be ( though I agree, he conveniently left out his own envy of CL).
But what burns me continually is the use of this "illness" that Rosa has, which I'll give Max credit, he believes also it is an envy that has just gone too far. ( My spoil brat diagnosis). But whether spoiled, brain tumor or mental illness, her behaviors should NEVER have been glossed over, kept secret or not dealt with. That is unforgivable and to try and make others buy into that drives me nuts. She is hurting people, period and that needs to be stopped.And someone please tape down that finger when she wants to go into her morals rant.
I am hoping that is what this dinner finally does. Let Mati be the last "man" standing protect her Nina and think everyone is wrong to pick on her...

I LOVE the way Connie interacts with the kids. The lack of affection from their own mother is so nicely counteracted by her signs of affection and sheer joy at what they accomplish. She should move back to her place and take Pato and Janna with her.

How disgustingly presumptive of Boris to be talking being married. Boy, I thought he was a Dumbass in the making, now he's acting more like a Rosa in the making. Janna should have kicked him to the curb right there. But it worries me the more jealous and possessive he acts, the harder it will be for her to break it off. Is this guy going to go unhinged on us too? I can see that happening, dang it.

Monday will be so good. Pop the popcorn.
 

Fantastic recap!

No one has really laid a glove on Rosa loca yet and I don't think Rod is going to do it this time either even if the bebe giving away comes out. She will just cry and spin it that she wants what is best for her children and smile, have a headache and retire for rest. I think the one's that will come unglued are Julie and Gagme. There hold on the TL fortune will become tenuous at best. Julie, I think will be the first one to express doing violence to either Luci or both Luci and the bebe. Gala might conclude too that she might be better off without Rod the clod because except for money he is no value to her because he is back in Luci mode.

Is this shades of Eva Luna...will CL be prepping Luciana to head his portion of the TL holdings. That would be the biggest payback off all. Luci in charge of Torreslanda.

Wondering also if the couple that Luci and Rod helped when romping through the woods is going to play into this future, perhaps kidnapping of Luci or abdoning her in a deep forrest.
 

It's lonely here at the 'Not ready to forgive Rod' table. The boy just doesn't get it. He rightly has lots of blame for his mom but does he even remember the smackdown in the library, where he yelled and yelled and yelled at Luci. He didn't even consider letting her explain. Just easier to blame everyone else, huh, Rod? Why bother to think - he has people to do that.

And any idiot knows that you DO NOT get on a motorcycle, or behind the wheel of a car, when you are blind stinking angry. Not our idiot, obviously. There should have been a lead car like they use for wide loads with a sign that says, "CAUTION, RICH IDIOT WITH A TEMPER."

Luci will be receiving a load of iron skillets from the Martins as a wedding present. Rod's head is hard enough to shatter iron!

There, I feel better.....
 

Thanks, SuperMarta for an excellent recap. Thanks make so much more sense after reading your recaps.
 

Marta- Brilliant recap. Can't wait to see the episode and it looks like I'll have a doozy to recap on Monday.
 

I loved the Max/Rod scene. Max is an amazing father, he always knows what to say to try and help his kids and his story about the past has been consistent. Sometimes i think there is a bit of nostalgia on his part wishing things had been different. i've often thought that Rosa probably drove him to commit fraud because apparently she always had to one up Aurora and Claudio was already rich. Max is smart enough to recognize how sick she is but because he loves her so much he gives her too much slack, just as Conny does. I think her craziness hurts him as much as it does her other victims.

So Rod goes back to hell house and the she devil goes on one of her tirades demanding to know where he'd been, why he didn't answer the phone and on and on. I too was worried that he might shove her out of the way and cause a problem with her brat (her words, not mine). I could see an accident happening with that bike ride but thankfully they chose not to go that way. He has ridden his bike before when he was angry and now that his gym isn't available to him he has no other outlet. He gets a couple of points for his behavior in Het Het but he has a long way to go before he is worth Luci. With the amount of time left he is sure to screw up a few more times, he is after all Rosa's son.

Poor Pato with Rosa telling him she would be there every day of his life. Couldn't wish a worse fate on someone and thank the Lord he has enough brains not to name names when quizzed about his OTL.

Typical Luci not to want anything to do with Claudio's fortune She should consider that her child will be the true Torreslanda heir and with what he inherits from Rod and from Claudio the corporation will be in the TL's hands, just saying.

So Aldo is going to help the barrio folks with the Lastra problem - I don't think so. He is pretty much all talk and his telling Vicki to seek some kind of security from Max since she can't have him wasn't too smart. You could see that Vicki was going to hit up Max for money for her own salon when she showed up for her weekly dose of abuse. Guess no one told her the TL's are only half as rich as they used to be.

If Gagme and Drulie were as smart as they think they are they'd be out shopping and maxing out that American Express black card ASAP. Their money train is going to slow down and now that Gagme's bun is not going to be the firstborn things aren't as rosy as they both thought they would be. For the life of me i don't know WTH Gagme was thinking to marry a man she knows doesn't love her and never will and then think he would evolve into a doting husband. She has consigned herself to a loveless sexless marriage. Guess misery does love company because while she is dishing it out it will come right back around to her.


 

Whew, made it through last night with only one box of Kleenex by my side. Martaivett, you turned in a pulitzer-prize winning recap, with all the sturm und drang, and quiet moments to boot.

I wished Rod hadn't left Luci the way he did, in her state, but I guess there was nothing else he could do or say. That orange top did nothing for him, nor me.

Marta--as for the 64K penny question, yes on all four counts. No. 2 might still be unclear to those who are not familiar with conjugal visits in Mexican jails (or on the Good Wife). I think Conny or RE mentioned in one of RE's rants that Aurora got or learned she was pregnant after Linares went to jail.

Yep, it could be that Max went for the embezzlement and fraud accusation against his friend Claudio because RE wanted the finer things in life and couldn't wait for them.

Also, I LOVED your convo between Alphonsina (and I'm not watching Abismal) and RE. I could just see them sitting in the TL parlour with Frigida serving coffee and hanging around within earshot.

Call me Drulie as well, whenever Pato comes into view. But am having a hard time deciding whether I want to spend more time with Cristian de la Fuente or Brandon P. (regardless of age--theirs or mine)

Max's downfall in his kids eyes, but especially Jana will be his "relationship" (abuse) of Vicky, culpability in framing Claudio and his dirty dealings at the INFERNO. But they can't blame him for being a bad father. He's taken both his boys into the business and dotes on Jana.

Boris had mentioned being married to Jana in an earlier episode and that grossed her out. For his own good, he should stop bringing it up, but we all agree he should exit stage left before Lor gets into any more trouble over him. Poor Jana, too much of RE has rubbed off on her for her to go running immediately into Lor's arms and defy mumsy. Those two are still worlds apart; they only have attraction going for them.
Anita
 

Thank you for the recap, Martaivett. Your dialogue coverage is so complete!

The solution to Rosa and Max's angst is right in front of them; but then the story would be over.

What was with that super action hero outfit Rod was wearing to go cycling?
 

Thanks for the SUPER recap---SUPER MARTA. Great line "PATHETIC GIRL, DREADFUL MONSTER."

anonymous 10:11---Luci in charge of Torreslanda--sounds good right about now.

Emilia--- "caution, rich idot with a temper." ITA, he never should be on a motorcycle in that condition. He's a danger to both himself and others.

Decie Girl---"he gets a couple of points for his behavior in Het Het but he has a long way to go before he is worth Luci." I totally agree.

Can't wait for the family dinner on monday.
the gringo
 

Thanks for the great Marta. Loved your dialogues and the improvised one b/t Rosa and Fina!

In regard to your question about Max, after watching him in the trial build up this past week, its clear to me that his version of events is as skewed as he is. Just like Rosa rationalizes her crimes, he puts on this facade that he's the victim of Claudio when he knows full well he is the criminal. When Pato dared to question him, he gave his son the Godfather kiss, and we are privy to his constant abuse of Vicky. His fatherly kindness is becoming a small facet of who he is b/c in the other areas of his life he's a tyrant. And I still would not be surprised if he tried to kill CL before the end of the TN to keep him from getting the company/money. With regard to CL, he's just as ill/crazy as Rosa.

And I wish those around Rosa would stop rationalizing her evil. She knows what she's doing and lies when caught.
 

Emilia and Emarie, when i saw him come out with the riding suit, i was asking myself the same question... 'what's up with the superhero suit?' then i remembered Rodrigo, as well as Gabriel Soto in real life, are riders and enjoy the thrills... but the motorcycle ride reminded me of the Rocky movies where he would get behind the wheel of his sport car and ride when Micki... and when Apollo died. Emilia, LOVED your sign .. CAUTION, RICH IDIOT WITH A TEMPER!.

I too know that ROd has a long way to go, but i think his reaction to 'the truth' did win him some points. Yes, he left Luci devastated when he left, but now she can see that she is not the only victim here... she is the only INNOCENT victim, but he too is suffering for all he did.

And I am so totally with Karen, hate that everyone is rationalizing/justifying Rosa for being 'sick' or 'not well'. Enough! She knows EXACTLY what she did, what she is doing and she is only digging herself a bigger and bigger hole by justifying herself to her family with 'i did it for my children, for my family, for my belief in GOD'. Like Rod told her, you are not really doing it for believing in God if you are fighting God's will.
Now i am beginning to fear that in order to have complete peaceful 'finale', both Max and Rosa need to be goners...
have a feeling what Mati predicted for Rosa will be true at some point, she will be all alone with only Mati to care for her. Which is what I believe Rosa dreads/fears the most, to end up alone. that is why she keeps nagging when everyone is doing their own thing and 'leaves me alone'. Pato was making faces when she was nagging talking to him, but i think Pato is worrying about her 'illness' causing that behavior.
 

I agree that Rosa fears being alone hence her constant insistence on the family all being together at the dinner table and even those suggestions that they all go to the club like they used to. Rosa can not face the fact that her children are growing up and away from her. Make that her sons are growing away from her, she always treats Jana as a nuisance. If she had not meddled in his life Rod and Luci would be happy and her little grandchild would be part of her life. By her own actions she has set it up so that no one in their right mind will want to be anywhere near her.
 

The rest of the Torreslandas enable Rosa for either or both of the following reasons: They are in denial or they fear the consequences of challenging her. Many families in their situation fear that any change from the status quo will be worse, so they keep quiet, acquiesce, enable, passive/aggress, whatever it takes to get them through the day. Some spouses of people like this get off on believing that they are the healthy ones in this relationship, but they are no better off than the toxic drama queens (or kings) they enable. Adult or near-adult kids say to themselves "It's only X months before I can move out; what's the point of rocking the boat?"

Because Pato is clearly the most physically vulnerable of the TL kids, he's the one with the biggest motive to demand change. He needs to influence Max about it, if he can. Or he should hire a full-time caregiver and driver and move now.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder