Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Por ella soy Eva #74 10/29/12

Well, the novela production studio gets some more mileage out of their much-in-demand hospital set, as we get a lot of Helena scenes this episode. She's still trying to deal with the midnight visitation from Juan. She persists in telling her Mom that the appearance was real and smiles like a goon. Mom says it must have been a dream (an explanation that has rarely convinced anyone). Then the nurse arrives and Mom tells her "my daughter's messed up - she's seeing things that aren't real." It turns out hallucinations are a possible side effect of the anesthesia they gave her, but Helena isn't having any of it. Then the doctor (chubby guy in lab coat with white beard equals instant credibility) arrives and tells her the exact same thing the nurse did. He gives her some low-level psychotherapy for free - "maybe seeing visions of Juan means you haven't coped with his death yet."

Mimi continues to overextend herself to get Adriano's attention, but Eva arrives and puts an end to that. Adriano takes Eva to his office - he has a present for her. He just about blows an artery trying to get out a file from his cabinet - his own investigations on Juan's fraud!

This is certainly an interesting tactic to get Eva to love him. Adriano hands over the file and mentions that he's sure Santi and Fernie had nothing to do with the fraud - they were just dupes (well, they sure are dopes). He gives her the file and she swears silence. Then he asks her "well, don't I deserve a premiosito?" and he gets a cute fist bump. Eva exits, and Adriano pathetically sniffs the hand that just got the fist-bump.

Offering yet more proof of how very poorly-designed the GI office is, Eva slams into Rebeca at an intersection. They need one of those convex see-all-ways mirrors that they put at corners in the hospital. The secret file goes flying, Rebe gets a look, and she gets her evil-planning face. Oops.

Helena is still moping about her late-night revelation. Mom: if you keep this up, how will you remake your life? Do it for yourself and Lalito, learn to live without Juan just you like you advised me to learn to live without my awful husband.

Fernie is actively failing to assemble a new office chair and refuses to accept the instructions or his wife's help. He falls on his butt and everyone laughs, even him! It's nice to see them happy.

Rebe is "more sure every day" that Pluto was involved in the Juan Carlos fraud... She tells him "I forsee a cell in your future, dark and full of rats." You want a war, Pluto, you'll get one - a nuclear war!

Bad Grandpa busts into his former home to be a grump - Eva is playing with Lalito, and he lets her know that he won't allow her to get in "his" house to mess with with "his" grandson. Fortunately, Grandma grows a pair and informs him that it STILL isn't his house and he'd better go.

Juan and Mimi - Juan plans for tomorrow to be the day he drops the disguise. He sings a song of joy: no more boobies, no more heels, hooray! Tomorrow!

Plutarco bursts into the hospital room with a heap of roses. He says "I love you so much," and angles for a kiss but gets SHUT DOWN. He tries to look like he's content with the bone she throws him "don't think about the past - you are my present," but you can see the smoke coming out of his ears.

Marcela gets a fat bonus check. Fernie doesn't take it so well. Get a  grip!

I don't understand why Juan's dad gets to be so bossy. He's giving Juan's mom instructions. Aren't they divorced or something? But it looks like she wants to go ahead and make a theater comeback anyway. Good for her!

NOOO, Helena kisses Pluto and Eva appears. Helena says they're novios!


Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, Ezra.

No, Juan's parents aren't divorced, which is probably part of the reason for Eugenia's breakdown. It's obvious that she hasn't exactly thrived in their marriage. What with giving up her career and knowing about his other family and all. :P
 

Ezra- thanks for the great recap. Ugh, stalker Pluti will never give up on Helena. The poor thing needs to tell him, I'm so NOT into you. I like Silvia, don't get me wrong, but I don't think she realizes how bad Helena had it for JC. I know Silvia wants Helena to be strong, and she was pushing all of JC's faults, but Helena is so not over JC.

That scene was funny with Adri and Eva with Adri kissing his fist after Eva left, too funny. Adri looked like he wanted to give in to Mimi. Mimi is sure using her "enchantments" every chance she gets, lol.

So Bad Dad is pushing it again. I am glad Silvia stood up to him and told him, this is so not his house! He looked sad after he left, surprisingly. I wish they'd show how he got the way he is.

So now Rebeca is going to go digging into the fraud. I wonder if she will inadvertantly be helping JC if she finds out anything, especially since Rebeca and Eva constantly bump into each other in the hallway, lol. Rebeca and Pluti sure are evil adversaries.

I don't think Eva will reveal herself yet. There is still too much to discover about the fraud.
 

I got so frustrated with Sylvia last night, making Helena's life decisions for her. But what bugged me the most is that when Juan spoke to Helena, he stressed, ordered, begged, and implored that she not tell ANYONE that he was alive. And five minutes after he left, she told Sylvia. ARRGGG! And within an hour, Helena went from walking in the clouds to collapsing into tears.
 

I've been frustrated with Silvia too. Sure - assuming that JC is dead, Helena will have to get over him. But that has to happen on her own timetable and not Silvia's or Pluto's (or, heaven forbid, Lucia's - she's got the attention span of a gnat).

And even if Helena DOES get over JC, does that mean she needs a new boyfriend right away? And that the boyfriend has to be the first guy who offers??

And (I know I ask this every telenovela) does Pluto REALLY think it's a good idea to set himself up as Rebound Man?

And what's his hurry, anyway? I know he's an impatient oaf, but how does he not realize that he's overplaying his hand? A smarter guy would back off a bit. Maybe Pluto's racing against some secret deadline we don't know about.
 

Ezra..this was one of your best. Great lines in each and every paragraph. Darned funny, informative and as treat to read. I'll look forward to watching this later (if we still have power) and watching Fernie fall on his butt.
 

I have to tell myself to back off every time I get mad at Silvia for her urging Helena to move on & for singing the praises of Pluti. If the world were as she sees it she would be doing the right thing in trying to get Helena to get over JC. It's hard for us to listen because we know what she doesn't. On the other hand I don't get why she thinks that in order to move on Helena needs another man.

One thing I like is the way Silvia is starting to stand up to Eduardo. Also it looks like Eugenia is starting to stand up for herself with Modesto.

I also liked the moment that Fer & Marsela shared after the chair collapsed. He looks so sweet when he really smiles -- as opposed to those forced smiles which we see so often when he feels humiliated by his wife's success.

Güera
 

Güera, I think it just hits a very sore spot for me.

A very dear friend had always had a very bad relationship with her mother. The mother died when my friend was 40 due to the mother's lifestyle. My friend took a long time in the grieving process because of all the baggage and complications. After about a year, her friends and family started pushing her, like, "You should be over this by now." That just made the recovery process all the more difficult for her.

So when I see Helena's own mother pressuring her, only a few MONTHS after she's lost the love of her life, to move on, forget about Juan, and act as if Juan never happened... well, it just strikes a nerve for me.
 

Thanks for the recap, Ezra!

I'm in agreement with everyone that Silvia needs to stop her pushing! Enough! But I was amazed and impressed with Silvia when she talked to Eduardo - wow, she was great. And Eduardo is really softening up. Looking forward to seeing some redemption there.

Mil in NC
 

It's a sore spot for me too. I want to scream hysterically, "STOP TELLING ME HOW TO FEEL!!!!"
 

Madelaine and Ezra - It's been fun getting caught up through your recaps. I haven't been able to watch. Thanks for all the details.
 

Ezra - I loved your recap and your humor!
I messed up my taping last night, so all I saw was the very last "we're novios" scene, so I'm very grateful for your filling me in.
 

Thanks so much Ezra. This was a wonderful recap.

ITA with those annoyed that people keep telling Helena that she HAS to move on, and on to Pluti. Leave the woman alone already!

I also loved the sweet scenes between Fer and Marcela after he made his goof with the home office chair. It's nice to see them in those moments. It makes it easier to understabd why she stays with him. But he needs to get over the job envy, jealousy, and machismo.
 

Thanks, Ezra. Low level psychotherapy for free. hahah. I could use that.

wow. I had a whole different take from you guys on the scene between Silvia and Helena. I found it so moving... Silvia trying to help her daughter get over being stuck in the past while Helena struggles to hold onto something that seemingly can't be real. Lucero plays a completely likeable character. I do agree that even without knowing that Pluto is a putz, Silvia doesn't need to be pushing him on her.

I also enjoyed Silvia kicking Bad Dad out of Helena's house. The only thing missing was the finger snap in his face.

And yes, Vivi, I agree there were some really sweet scenes between Marcela and Fernando. I thought she was wrong to harangue him about reading the chair assembly instructions (she already knows he's not going to), but she apologized and he didn't hold it against her. When those two click, they really click and it's easy to see why she stays with him.


 

Elena has just gone through a major physical & emotional trauma, is lying weak and disoriented in bed, and then "Mama" lays on the sternest lecture I've ever heard her deliver. What's up with THAT Sylvia!!!! I agree with you all, Helena doesn't need a man to move on; certainly not now. But later on at home, Sylvia re-scored some major points by standing up to mean Papa. (BTW, I loved the wrestling match between Lailo & Eva--priceless!) You recappers rock! Hope things are 'ok' with everyone back East affected by the storm.
 

Thanks for the recap, Ezra. There were some stellar lines in this one.

Eva wrestling with Lalito was funny. As he said, "you don't play like the other old ladies," or something to that effect.

"Adriano pathetically sniffs the hand that just got the fist-bump." I cracked up over Adri's facial expressions in this scene. He can really deliver the goofy, yet heartfelt emotions.

Glad for Ferni and Marcelea to have some sweet moments together, rather than just frustration all the time.

La Paloma
 

Ezra, great job on this recap with lots of delightful lines! I am so far behind in watching that it's wonderful to have the C2 blog to read AND get a good chuckle!

Plutarco makes me gag. That said, Marcelo Córdoba is one of my favorites and he's really convincing me he's a mega-jerk. Great acting.

Hubby watched Eva tonight (I was watching this one) and wonders if the actor will ever be able to play a guy again after this role, Camil is so good at this one.

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder