Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Por ella soy Eva #87 11/20/12: More of the Same of Everything

Tonight we just got more of the same on all fronts. For instance, Claudia continues to bug Eugenia and Modesto continues to evade any discussion about it.

Pluto continues to hammer away about Juan Carlos's fraud. He has hired a money launderer to continue convincing Adri of Juan's villainy. The accomplice says the 3 mil which went into Juan's mother's account is - gone. Pluto pretends astonishment.

Eva: "It can't have disappeared into the air." Adri: "Juan was much more than a thief, he had this all planned, he even involved his mother. The investigation is over, I won't have Eugenia and Modesto bothered, they're my friends and their son was a cretin."

Adri gets so upset he faints. An ambulance is called. He's ok for now, but Eva reminds him his sister died young. He agrees to go see his cardiologist. Pluto wants Adri to retire: "I'll take care of everything." Eva: "No kisses, no anything for you, Adri, it would be bad for your heart. Go home and rest."

There may be a real-life rock star, Erik Rubin, showing up soon.

Mimi goes to visit the convalescing Adri, who is attracted to her but resists temptation.

Mimi and Juan continue to have no ideas about how to proceed.

Adri asks Renato to become his assistant, Renato is thrilled. Adri: "I've always been in complete control but I'm not young any more. Soon I'll marry and I want to enjoy my conjugal life. ... you know, when Juan Carlos was alive, he was like my right hand."

Pluto lunches with his money-laundering accomplice and insists on his silence and discretion: "You should disappear from Mexico for a while -- if Eva gets Adri to reopen the investigation I want you far away. But I'll probably need you for the fake construction company Fixa I'm going to use to defraud Grupo Imperio." Possibly important: Pluto admits to the guy that the money is in his home safe. The friend congratulates Pluto on the death of Antonia: "How lucky that you were widowed so early."

Lucia continues to be an idiot. She gets a compliment from Renato: "It doesn't matter what you wear, you're always cute." He tells her he's gonna be Adri's right-hand man but it's a big secret. Lucia the twit: "I see myself as wife of the vice-president." He gets a text from his mom but won't answer it.

Pluto continues with his evil little projects. Eva continues to talk him down to Helena. Tomorrow they'll sign with his fake construction company Fixa which is going to destroy the Playa Majagua project and put more money in Pluto's safe.

The fake thesis Pluto bought has convinced Helena that neither he nor Antonia stole any ideas from her. Eva wants to read it but Helena says Pluto gets first dibs.

Santi and Fer continue to do no work and gossip a lot.

Eugnia tells her husband she's going back to acting. He doesn't think she's ready: she should cancel her plans and they should talk... "later."

Eva goes to find Raul Mendozo (I think that was the money launderer) but the secretary says: "He's on a long vacation, I don't know where."

Fer continues to be an idiot.

Rebeca calls Renata "Cinderella" and insults him. He asks why she's humiliating him. She says, "because you came from a low-class neighborhood." "So did you" "Well, I didn't choose where to be burn, but I am like an aristocrat now." He leers: "You want me." "I doubt you're the man you pretend to be." "I'll prove it to you." She tells Adri that Renato is gay. Adri is astonished.

Labels:


Comments:
Wow, Melinama thanks for this wonderful and fast recap. Ah, so is Renato really gay? This is interesting. And Renato really does want JC's life. He wants exactly everything at least at G.I. that JC had. All except the women that is. Lucia needs to wake up. I dont' like that the writers made her such a dunce.

Modesto what a putz. He needs to man up and make some decisions, especially about Claudia, and Modesto is going against the doctor's orders to let Eugenia go back to work. She ought to do it anyway, the heck with Modesto.

I am really bothered by how much Pluti has already gotten away with. He needs to get caught in something soon, like yesterday. Enough with him always getting away with everything.
 

I'm starting to fear this is going to be one of those novelas in which the good guys are tediously tortured for months on end with no victories at all and then they triumph in the last couple of hours. That would be very boring.
 

Thanks for the quick, quality recap, Melinama. And thanks to Ezra for yesterday's summary.

Interesting that Rebeca and Renato are becoming adversaries. The new version of the "three musketeers" isn't doing any of them much good.

I really like Eugenia and am just disgusted with Modesto. He keeps making excuses and never really pays attention to any of his family.

Pluti is a nasty piece of work who needs a truckoad of anvils NOW.

La Paloma
 

Suddenly everybody is interested in Toni's thesis again, all on the same day. Pluto, Eva, and Sylvia who puts it in a pile of books for the babysitter to... put away? get rid of? I didn't catch it. I suspect this means Helena won't be able to find it, so she'll go to the university to get another copy because Pluto loaned it to her. And then probably we'll be teased with her discovering the differences, but somehow Pluto will snatch it before she reads it.

Eugenia seems to be reaching her limit with Modesto. She herself said that he did nothing to help her regain her senses, until Eva pushed for it, as if it was convenient for her to be "out of it."

About Erik Rubin. I know nothing about his music. But the motorcycle part is accurate. He, Camil, and about four other guys frequently go on long rides together. In fact they did a 2-week ride through South Africa a few years ago. He seems to be one of Camil's closer friends.

 

Thanks, Melinama. "Mimi and Juan continue to have no ideas about how to proceed." For some reason, this line struck me as really funny - because they have had no ideas since... um... that time when they decided to put Juan in a dress, I guess. Or, all the additional ideas they've had (most of them unrelated to his actual mission) have only made Juan's situation more complicated.

Madelaine, I think we still don't know for sure that Renato is gay, but Rebeca sure thinks so. He is trying awfully hard to hide it, though. I hate that suit he wore last night. Made him look like a waiter. (I noticed he didn't wear his scarf. Maybe his ears were burning.)

Good catch on the thesis/book thing, Paula. I didn't understand the point of that scene (didn't realize the thesis got thrown into that pile), but it makes sense.
 

You know... it also occurs me that we don't know for sure that Renato is Modesto's son/Claudia's brother. All signs point to it, of course, but we got burned on that in FELS with Bonbon Girl and Sad Housekeeper (I can't remember their names any more). I can think of one other man who might be Renato's long-lost dad.

Think about it. Renato feels entitled to a high-ranking spot in the company (like JC's old position) due to his family connections... and there's a man at GI who has fooled around enough over the years that he just might have a son he doesn't know about.

This is just wild speculation on my part and I'm usually wrong about these things... plus, if Adri is Renato's dad, then who is Modesto's other son? I keep wanting it to be Pluto - that would explain a lot - but that doesn't seem to be the case.

(Just this second I thought of someone else Modesto's son could be, but I don't think I want to say yet.)
 

Last night Renato wasn't wearing a scarf, but Lucia WAS! LOL! She was trying to impress Renato with her new look (a copy of his), which is why he told her she always looks cute, no matter what she wears.

I still think Renato is Modesto's wayward bastard son, who left home and won't contact them. If the writers throw some other curveball, I will be surprised.

I do wonder why Rebe is so sure he's gay, when she hasn't seen even half of the odd behaviors we've seen, and even WE aren't 100% sure.


 

Oh, LOL. I didn't even notice what Lucia was wearing (obviously).

When Modesto and Eugenia were at GI last week, did they run into Renato? I guess they didn't. THAT would have been telling!

I wonder if Rebeca has seen Renato somewhere else or has heard about him from someone else (maybe Angelica) to make her SO SURE he's gay.
 

Thanks Melinama. Fast & fun.

I think that Rebecca told Adri that Renato is gay just to throw him off the scent about finding her & Renato so up in each other's face that they almost ended in a clinch. At least that looked to me like some hot interplay between them.

I loved the way that Eugenia reacted to Modesto when he tried to tell her to put off her appointment with her agent until he & she had a chance to talk. She reminded him of how "too busy" he was to talk about Claudia -- so he's probably "too busy" to talk about her decision to go back to work.

Do we know yet who it is that keeps calling Renato? I suspect that it is Carmen and that Renato is the long lost son - but do we know anything?

I was glad to see Adri so befuddled by his attraction to Mimi. He held out again -- but she left him blubbering "what's happening to me?

Güera
 

Thank you for the recap! I did not like Adri losing consciousness at his desk and the hint that it could be something serious. Guess I like the character too much and hate hospital/illness plots/scenes. We have had enough "illness" already.

Jarifa
 

Melinama - Thanks.

If Renato isn't JC's brother, I'll be shocked. I like that Eva shut down Rebecca's taunts to Renato. But I do think Renato, as he resents JC because Modesto preferred him to Renato, would gladly join in Pluto's dastardly plans. I don't want a PSA, but it would be nice if he were gay, came out of the closet, and demanded his rights not to be harrassed by Rebecca. I think Lucia would still be willing to chase him, trying to reorient him.

Enough of Fer. If a bus ran over him, that would be fine with me.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder