Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Por ella soy Eva #125 1/15/13: In Which Pluto, Like Many Rotten Scoundrels, Thinks a Fower Arrangement Will Make Up for His Being a Tool

Eugenia is asleep in the hospital and her weak, clueless husband hovers over her. The doctor tells him: "Somebody's been changing her medicine!!" Stupid Modesto wonders if she did it herself. When she wakes up he does not tell her about the switched medicine.

Eduardo orders Helena to marry Pluto! "He's the best you're gonna get. All women need a man so they won't get lost. You need a man to take care of you." "Don't you respect us at all?" "Don't start with your feminist bull. You poisoned your mom with it." "You had her in hell for 30 years, I saw you mistreat her, insult her, put her down. You wrecked the best years of her life, you beat her till she aborted a child, you don't call that damage?" It's very satisfying scolding. "You have no moral right to tell me what to do. And leave mom in peace. She's putting her life back together. The best you can do for her is give her the divorce." Silvia enters: "Eduardo, if you want to see Lalo he's in the park." "I want to talk." "But I don't, and I have a lawyer coming." After Ed leaves, Silvia annoyingly stands up for him: "He cares about you, Helena." FF>>

Ikky Daniel smarms all over Jennifer, making out aggressively outside her house. She says they should leave, her parents might see. He says she's a woman now and should put out, and, she should wear sexy clothes for him too. Then she asks: "Where were you yesterday when I went to the movies with parents?" "I was with my mother! I think only of you!" He asks what she wants to do, the answer is clearly supposed to be "hump you, you hunk," but actually she tells him she wants french fries and a movie. He implies she doesn't need any french fries. "What, am I fat?"

After the movie Daniel points out the heroine "did everything for the passion of her guy. Could you do crazy things for love? I could!" They are right inside the house, he won't let up, finally she pushes him out the door. Then Fer comes and wants a talk. "Are you still my princess? How are things? We never talk. I like Daniel, it's ok with me if you marry him." "DAD that's not on the horizon. Do you want to know if we..." "NO I do NOT want to know. I trust Daniel." "Do you trust ME, dad?"

Dagoberto comes to see Mimi at the pension. He asks the desk lad about Eva, particularly asking where she works. There is ominous music. In the back, JC asks how she feels: Mimi says she doesn't want Dagoberto, really, but she remembers... "Aw, your problem is, you're not getting any." "No, my problem is that I like Adri." "I'll tell him it's you who loves him (and who gave him that night of passion)." "Don't you dare."

Changing the subject, JC is deliriously glad Helena blew off Pluto. Mimi warns him: "It's like baseball, it's not over till it's over." "Don't spoil my happy moment." He floats happily into Grupo Imperio in the morning.

Eugenia and Modesto come home, Claudia kisses her father, ignoring Eugenia, who pointedly looked her way and asked: "Who could have been so cruel as to treat me this way?" Claudia looks guilty.

In Helena's office there is a giant flower arrangement from Pluto, he comes along to beg for another chance. Helena: "I ask you not to make this difficult. Let's see each other as little as possible." "You're my life, my future, don't leave me." "My decision is made!" She leaves, he tells himself she WILL marry him.

Eva perches next to her eager suitor in Adri's office and informs him that at the anniversary bash "we are NOT going to share a room." Adri says he can't wait to marry and give the business to Pluto. Eva is impactada: "Back up - what did I hear?" "Pluto will take over so you and I can travel the planet." "Thanks for consulting me! You think I want to go to those horrible places? I'm not going any farther than the nice Mexican resorts. And anyway, it's old people who retire, you have a lot more juice in you. And Pluto is not up to it! Now I'm in a bad humor, no kiss for you, you make decisions like a kindergardener."

The maid Chepino tells Modesto she didn't mess with the medicine and wants to tell him she saw Claudia do it, but he won't listen. He lies to Eugenia when she comes in but after he leaves she gets the truth out of Chepina. The two of them know it was Claudia that did it, and also Claudia that pulled the "casting" caper. Eugenia: "She's so young to be so evil. But I still feel sorry for her, she's sad for the death of her mother."

Dagoberto tells Mimi he's looking for work. "Why don't you find a new, naive young girl and make her promises about her career and then betray her!?!" "Don't be bitter, I'll prove I've changed."


Labels:


Comments:
Melinama, thanks for this fast fab recap. So glad Eugenia now knows who switched those pills. YAY! But she is still reluctant to do anything about it. She still feels sorry for Claudia, I must say Claudia did look a mite guilty.

Modesto, what a putz. He is truly an idiot. I can't beleive he wouldn't listen to Chepina. He needs that fork.

Loved, loved, loved how Helena stood up to both Bastardo and Pluti. YAY! I really thought she would cave to Pluti there for a minute but no, thank goodness. I did like the flower arrangement though. Those birds of paradise were gorgeous. Hate Pluti in this stalker mode.

Loved how Eva told Adri about not letting Pluti have the company. Too funny, and loved what she said about staying in the Mexican resorts. I didn't like that Pluti is now threatening Eva. I hope Eva keeps those eyes on him.

Renato and Eva were so funny. I hope later, JC gets to know Renato.

Don't like all these questions that Dagoberto keeps asking about Eva. I smell trouble ahead.
 

Thanks so much Melinama? Not just for the great recap buy also for taking some extra time to dig into some of those speedy conversations and share with us. I get a few key words, but often miss the meaning.

I agree with Madelaine that 'Dogbert' is up to something and trouble is ahead for Mimi....maybe even Eva. How is Mimi going to help Eva...how is Eva going to help Helena, if Mimi gets side tracked with Dogbert? They all need to work together as a team to get proof of Pluty's fraud!

I'm so glad Chepina and Eugenia are now on the same page about the pills and Claudia's destructive behavior. I'm also glad,that Helena stood up to her dad. Renato even scored a few more points by asking Eva how Eugenia was doing. Was Eva saying something like ''he moves so fast, it must be his hair?" Gertie
 

Thanks Melinama. You know, yesterday when I suggested that Modesto would assume Chepina was the one who switched the pills, I couldn't have guessed that he would surpass even that level of douchbaggery. Not only did he accuse Chepina, but first he accuses Eugenia of doing it to herself, and then refuses to believe Chepina that Claudia is the culprit! The same girl who just the other day told him to his face that she wishes it had been Eugenia who had died, and not her mom. Por Dios!

It was so satisfying to see Helena tell Bastardo off, and good. I could see some of Silvia's point about Bastardo having always cared for Helena financially, and Lalito financially and emotionally. But really, is that really enough reason to keep a relationship with a man who is toxic-- who tries at every turn to tear Helena's self esteem down and tries to turn his grandson into a chauvinist?

I want Daniel gone, NOW! I’m totally getting a rapist vibe from him. Plus, he’s trying to ruin Jennifer’s self image. It was so poignant when Fer said he trusts Daniel, and Jennifer asks doesn’t he trust her (which is more important).

 

Thank you, Melinama. I tuned in just as Modesto was interrogating Chepina. I guess I had too much faith in him yesterday when I said there was no way he could blame her, considering that she'd given him the blanks to be tested when she could have given him the real meds instead (if she'd been the culprit).

I'm very impressed with JC/Eva's stamina in fending Adriano off. Anyone else would have either given in or broken off the relationship by now!

Silvia's putting too much stock in the fact that Bastardo supported Helena and Lalito financially. By his own sexist logic, it's his responsibility, his duty, his pride to take care of his family. (Because, by his own sexist logic, they are incapable of taking care of themselves.) However, taking care of someone includes helping them grow. He has been doing the opposite. FAIL!

I'm still eagerly awaiting the day when Adriano gives Pluti the business.
 

Thank you for the recap! I love Helena finally telling all of the truth and nothing but the truth to her dad and Plutarco. I didn't love her mother putting the guilt trip on her about her and Lalito being Bastardo's only family, etc. Helena also has suffered too much and should keep her distance from the nut.

Lucia was as obnoxious as ever. She just can't keep her mouth shut. At least she made Rebeca happy. The only part I enjoyed with her was when Rebeca told her she "smelled like single woman" which just upset her more.

I also liked Mimi telling JC in reference to Helena and his relationship with her that "it's never over till its over" so that he doesn't count his chickens way too soon. It was fun watching him celebrate and addressing the sad clown portrait on the wall.

Dagoberto is clearly up to no good. Mimi should have bounced him out of there by now.

Eva just can't let Renato's "copete" alone. I love how she keeps trying to smash it down.

Jarifa
 

Didn't it aggravate y'all when Daniel told Jennifer to dress sexy and lay off the donuts?
 

OK, I'll be back with substantive comments, but I just wanted to say I love the title to pieces.
 

Oooo Eva had so many great moments, and the bad guys had so many creepy ones. That Pluti is really starting to freak me out with the pop-eyes and drooling.

I actually thought Silvia was pretty reasonable -- she said that Eduardo was entitled to have an opinion about Helena's life, but Helena didn't have to take it seriously. And she's still going through with el divorcio; that's what counts.

I love the way Eva interacts with Renato -- they are my favorite "couple." At the end of the conversation, I think Eva was asking herself how he brushes his hair to make it do that, it must be very energetic.
 

Yes, Melinama, the Daniel comments were very disturbing because we all know where this is going if some event or person doesn't prevent him from getting her isolated somewhere. Wouldn't it be great if he simply left town with Claudia?

Jarifa
 

I thought it was creepy the way he said she looked "más mujer, más sexy" in the checked dress, when actually she kind of looks like a 6-year-old girl.
 

Thank you, Melinama. I continue to appreciate all the conversation recaps you throw in. And yes, stupid Modesto, indeed. I think if he scrunches up his face in disgust anymore it's going to implode on him. He is the passive other side of the coin to Bastardo's active misogyny. Hate them both. Yeah, it was a VERY satisfying scolding, Helena telling off her father. I agree with Blue Lass. I thought Silvia was reasonable in her looking out for her ex (love calling him that). But I agree with other people also, that he's been horrible to Helena and so if she writes him off for her own health he has no one to blame but himself. He continues to have learned nothing from all this, and actually I'm sometimes glad because it means Silvia will never go back to him. I do LOVE the new Silvia.

Plutarco is getting kinda creepy. He has always been so in control of himself. It seems a little far-fetched, but I suppose it'll create some dramatic cliffhangers there at the end. I don't want the end to come. Este corazón se eleva y ya no quiere aterrizar.

 

And thanks, Ezra, for the comments about your chickens yesterday. What an interesting comparison to Rebeca and Angelica's behavior.
 

Melinama, thanks for another quick and quality recap.

All these men who know it all and need to control their women. Pluti is going to crack one of these days, but I fear he's going to try to hurt Helena in the process. He should stick with Rebe while he can. She would be willing to stroke his tender little ego, along with other body parts.

Daniel is another guy looking to do damage to his woman. I like Jennifer being her own person and hope she stays strong.

Lots of good interplay between all the characters in this TN.

The Modesto actor is usually so good and kind and smooth. I wonder if he enjoys getting to play someone with a few more flaws?

La Paloma
 

YES, Melinama, Daniel's remarks wree extremely aggravating. I guess they felt as though we hadn't seen enough different kinds of examples of bad ways men can treat women, so they're throwing those in at more or less the last minute.

Interesting that he insinuated that Jennifer's getting fat. We haven't heard a lot of fat insults ever since Antonia died. I don't miss that kind of talk, but I really miss Antonia :...(
 

Melinama, I too didn't like what Daniel said to Jennifer. She is so grounded, I don't want him putting ideas in her head. I don't like him anyway he does have that rapey/stalker vibe. I too like what Jennifer said to her Dad, you trust him? What about me? Fern should just be thinking of Jennifer NOT Daniel. I too miss Antonia. I wish she would come back and haunt Pluti.
 

PLEASE not another bulimia storyline, PLEASE.
 

Oh, yes, Madelaine -- a ghost-Antonia would be wonderful!
 

Blue- there was a ghostly sighting of Antonia once, before Pluti removed all her stuff from the house. I want her to come back and really haunt him until he is completely batty : ).
 

Melinama, great job. You got to recap a great episode.
Daniel and "Dog"berto are both working on my nerves.
Ithabill, Pluti is continuing with his stalker like behavior. He is a creep to the Nth degree. I hope that Helena stays strong.
 

I almost spit out my coffee with laughter when I read the comment that Modesto has reached a "new level of douchbaggery" but it was well worth it.

To Julie's comment of looking forward to when Adri gives PLuty the business, do we mean THE business or the bidness? Gertie
 

Thank you for the recap.

Ooh! Pluto now blames Eva for why Helena dumped him. Not good. We speculated that Pluto would try to murder Juan when he discovered Juan is alive. Now it seems like he might try to get rid of Juan/Eva long before that. If not murder, then some other foul play.

Pluto has always held is act together in front of Helena, until she dumped him. Then she got to see his ugly side: aggressive, domineering, condescending (he was always that way but hid it well). He is almost directly telling her, "I don't care what you want; you're going to marry me whether you like it or not!" With this change, holding her ground is the very LEAST she should be doing! Anyone with two working brain cells should see that this can turn very ugly very fast.

 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

I found this site totally by accident, but as a fan of PESE, I have to add my two cents...(or pesos, si Usted quiere). I have to say that my Spanish was very functional in the 1980s, gone by the 1990s and "coming back to me now" (thanks Celine),and thanks to the show.

I love the nicknames you've given some of the characters. What's Rebecca's, y por favor no me digas que es Blanca Nieve!!!

I watch PESE on Hulu because I don't have access to it in my area. Well, it plays here but my cable access is limited to basic crap. I love it, and I'm thinking of working on a paper on "emancipation of women in Mexico" as seen in the telenovella (thus was doing research when I found your site).

First I was hooked on the show, now on your take of it. Caray, indeed!

Well, con permiso, as they say!
 

Propio, Annick. Bienvenida. Estás en tu casa. Tonight's recap will be up soon, if it's not up already. See ya' there.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder