Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Por ella soy Eva #130 1/22/13: Mimi is The Dog That Doesn't Have Two Sandwiches.

  • Eva continues to ask every dame in sight: What is "that," the thing women want from men? "Stuffed animals." "Too bad you can't ask Juan Carlos, he knew how to conquer a queen, he was divine!"

  • Barging into a content-free conference between the bescarved Renato and the besotted Adri, Mimi asks: "What does Eva have that I don't have? Would you have gone for me if Eva had never existed?"

    "Well then I wouldn't have known you. But really - you're sexy and you smell good, but I'm in love with Her! With Her essence! She understands me as no woman has ever understood me."

    Mimi watches him with tears in her eyes and leaves promising she'll never bring this up again: "Adios."

  • Helena tells Eva: a second version of Antonio's thesis has surfaced.

  • Mimi's hard-working receptionist tells her Dagoberto is gone, having left a rose and a (stupidly rhyming) note. Mimi tells Juan she'd hoped Dagoberto could be a distraction from her unrequited love of Adri, and now, nothing!

    Juan tries to cheer her up but she refuses: "Let me suffer! Don't interrupt. I continue... I'm the dog with two sandwiches that gets neither of them." He tries to tell her about life being full of flowers but she points out he's never brought her flowers, not once, so he should just shut up.

  • Eugenia tells Eva it was Renato who ratted on Claudia. Eugenia laughs about the "it" that a woman wants, but she doesn't tell JC what it is.

  • Reb mocks Pluto for working late. "You haven't worked so hard since we initiated the jacuzzi business meetings a decade ago." She nibbles his tie. "Ugh, give it up, not even my wife the whale humiliated herself this way."

  • Helena reads the newly-discovered version of Antonia's thesis and calls Juan, marvelling: "It's completely different from the one I saw before. Nothing in it is like my project. It couldn't have been the basis of Playa Majagua, so GI robbed me openly. I don't know if this is enough to prove it. I used to blame you, but if it wasn't you, then who?" She lets it slip that she broke her engagement to Pluto.

    She wonders who changed the thesis to coincide with her project. She reluctantly agrees to have coffee with Juan the next day. Helena prays: "Help me not lose my head over him again." Juan prays: "Give me a hand, help me win back the love of my life."

  • Renato mulls the encoded disk he pilfered from Rebeca.

  • Fer looks bitter and bored in his bib at the dinner table while Marcela drones on about liking her job and the camera dotingly focuses on their quart of LALA MILK.

  • Rebe and Pluto squabble as usual. Hapless hacker Felix shows up with a cd for her. Pluto snatches it, Rebe snatches it back, it falls, Felix crushes it under his heel. Rebe says it's just photos of Ricky Martin.

    Pluto: "How long have you been working here, Felix? Who gave you your job? How has she conquered you?" "I needed the money for my ancient grandma."

    Pluto is so pissed he pays Onesimo to hire thugs to mug Felix. They grab him, beat him up, Onesimo gives him his severance pay as he lies bleeding on the sidewalk.

  • Claudia sulks in bed. She tells Eugenia: "My mom was afraid I'd end up with a married man the way she did." Eugenia promises not to tell Modesto something.

    Modesto wants to send Claudia to juvie. Eugenia doesn't.

  • When Onesimo drops in to see Rebeca at home (hoping for some payoff, or at least a drink), he finds out the guy he just beat up was one of Pluto's henchmen. Now he's afraid to meet the same fate.

    Rebe is sad that her plots have fizzled. "Onesimo honey, find proofs of perfidy with which I can torment Pluto." "But then next time the one who'll get beat up will be me. We need to find another way, so I don't get inculpated." She says their chance (for all sorts of things) will come at the Acapulco Anniversary bash. She won't bang him tonight, but she says they can use 'tu' now ...

  • Silvia wants nothing from Eduardo in the divorce. Helena disagrees: "You deserve something in exchange for all the years you took care of him." Silvia: "The donkey talks of ears..." She continues: "He's not well. Look in on him once in a while, Helena."

  • Pluto asks Mendoza to help him stick Rebe with the havoc his fake construction company will cause.

  • At the meeting, Rebecca announces there will be a costume ball in Acapulco! She needles Renato about his being gay.

  • Mendoza comes to talk to Eva alone after the meeting. Adri is eavesdropping...

  • Renato tells Rebe he's tired of her jibes. Rebe: "I'll tell Adri 'your right-hand man is gay.' Boom!" "Well I've got your dirty cd. Boom!"

Labels:


Comments:
How did Helena get her hands on Antonia's actual thesis?
 

Melinama, Fern ripped up the one that Marcela got from Helena which was the fake thesis, and Marcela went to the library and got a copy of Antionia's real thesis. That is how the real thesis surfaced.

I hate what Pluti did to Felix, no wonder Onesimo is so scared, and Rebe had to take a step back too. Loved Renato sticking it to Rebe Yay! I knew Renato was a good guy. Now maybe he can get that disc decoded and help nail Pluti to the wall.

Fern is still his usually grouchy self. I really wish, if he wants to stay with Marcela, to get some avacadoes and get a job he really loves. I think he would be much better off that way. Right now he resents any success that Marcela has.

Mimi was so sweet. I hated that she cried so much. Dogbert is still bad, and I hope he doesn't take some petty revenge on Mimi. It's sad about Mimi and Adri but I am really hoping once Eva "goes away" or whatever happens to Eva, that Adri will give Mimi a chance.

I can't wait for something to blow up in Pluti's face. It is wayyy past time for that. Hate the way he is stalking Helena and still calling her Mio.


 

Thank you for such a speedy recap. It was very eloquent.
I think that tomorrow nights episode won't be a filler. It looks interesting!
Marsela borrowed the thesis from Helena to assist in writing her own. Fern the fool tore it up, Marsela went to the university to make a copy of the original and gave the torn and the university copies back to,Helena.
 

Sorry to be repetitive my iPad didn't show all of the comments.
 

It's ok TJ, you added something I had left out : )
 

Thanks for the recap. It was very thorough.

This show is really heating up. Lots of good stuff. The thesis. The CD. I loved the parallel scenes where Helena is praying to God that she won't fall for Juan Carlos and he (JC) is praying that she will fall. He was very funny trying to make a deal with God.

Mimi was very sad when she said goodbye to Adri but it was pretty funny when she told JC to stop trying to cheer her up and just let her suffer. Sometimes it's just satisfying to wallow in your sadness for a while -- as long as you don't stay there.

That was also a nice scene between Eugenia & Claudia. They will end up fond of one another before this is over.

Güera
 

Awesome speedy recap. It has us all speculating !!

I work in IT. The mugging scene scared the crap out of me. But I'm not a hacker! Phew!

I'm concerned that Juan is more excited at the prospect of winning back Helena, than about the major breakthrough of Antonia's false thesis. Is he trying to help Helena or not? Is he trying to clear his name or not? Did I miss something? Or am I just impatient?

The fact that Renato has a recriminating CD is not just a boom. It's. BOOM! Nice going Renato. He better be a good guy. I still think he's on the fence and doesn't quite know which way to go. Gertie
 

I KNEW IT! Last night I predicted that everything would blow up at the 25th anniversary shindig. Now they say that the first event will be a costume party. We all know that whenever there is a costume party in a TN, big events happen.
 

Paula H~~~~ What about the costume parties in other TN's? The only one I ever saw was in CS 2009 and Regina got her medallion back from Juan del Diablo. Was there one on LFMB?
 

Thanks for the great recap! Wow, last night did a good job in reminding me just how dangerous and unstable Pluterco is and that Onesimo was acting as his "enforcer." It was so funny when Rebeca let him call her tu but then went on to corrrect his "naco" grammar. I also liked when Rebeca called Ricky Martin the Puerto Rican bon bon. Renato should keep the scarf outside of his suit jacket; neither look is good but this "inside the jacket" look is really goofy. I cannot wait for the masquerade party with JC/Eva!

Jarifa

 

Gracias por la recapitulación.

I hope that when Eva is gone, Mimi will find a way to comfort Adriano.
Has JC ever verbalized the difficult position he has put Adriano into? What was JC's reason for accepting Adriano's proposal in the first place?

I don't believe Dog-breath is gone for good, he's gone to get the scoop on Eva...trouble coming!

Eugenia will be the best thing that could happen to Claudia, and I hope to Renato, too. Oh, Virgincita, por favor, give Modesto a clue!, and Fern, and Eduardo, etc., etc., etc.

Sue in Florida
 

Thanks, Melinama! You covered all the bases very eloquently.

I love all the physical humor in this TN. Jaime Camil's dances, either as Eva or JC, always make me laugh out loud. Even in the opening credits, when he walks into the swimming pool, he does it *perfectly*. I never get tired of watching.
 

AND I LOVE MASQUERADE PARTIES. I can't wait! I hope they have a nice case of mistaken identity; that always livens things up.
 

Thanks for the fully packed, yet compact, recap.

Something keeps nagging at me that both Pluti and Rebe are under estimating Onesimo as they keep putting him down.

In the milk promo, the quart carton may show off the brand, but most families with teenagers end up buying milk in larger sizes.

I think Guera's right--if Claudia ever gives in a little, she and Eugenia could have a great relationship.

La Paloma
 

La Paloma--I completely agree with you about Onesimo. Neither Rebeca nor Pluterco seems to realize that Onesimo is NOT stupid.

Jarifa
 

Thanks for the recap, Melinama!

When I was watching the scene with Mimi crying and JC trying to cheer her up, it struck me that a girlfriend would reacted very differently. A girlfriend would have listened and acknowledged her pain, not try to jolly her up.

I too think we haven't seen the last of Dogbert.

Yay, Renato! Looking forward to the BOOM.

Mil in NC
 

My subtitles went BUM! And again BUM! Love it.

I also love the way they tie Onésimo's tie. It's a character all by itself. I'm only disappointed he won't appear at the masked ball in some way -- I assume he's staying behind, as Rebeca told him it would be a perfect time to toss Pluti's place to look for dirt.
 

The masquerade party is going to be so cool. It will also give Juan many options for showing up as yet another character if the writers go in that direction.

I agree with Jarifa, Renato needs to take the scarf outside of his jacket. That's a faux pas like tucking your Oxford shirt into your BVD's. Love his eyelashes though ...seriously!

I too love Jaime Camil stepping into the pool in the opening sequence. He's so handsome he makes that pool look good! Gertie
 

Thanks, Melinama. I forget that I can tune in earlier to see your recap than most. I agree with you guys about the pool in the opening sequence. I think that it's a classic, including Luceros' reaction to Camil's highjinks. It's how they are with each other in the show... when things are going well for them.

Mil in DC, I had the same reaction as you to the scene with JC and Mimi. I wasn't sure but I thought she was scolding him for not being more understanding. Or maybe I was projecting my own feelings because I thought he completely missed the boat in that conversation. All these months that Mimi has been listening and supporting him in his quest to win back (reconquistar) Helena, and the best he can do is bring up that life is roses? She had every reason to be upset with the double hit she took that day. Has he not been taking her feelings for Adriano seriously? Seriously?

 

I know of at least two masquerade parties on older telenovelas. In "Locura de Amor" there is a party for girls at the instituto, Enrique's on/off girlfriend is celoso and creates a problem at the party, Natalia was caught in the crossfire. The second was also a Juan Soler tn "La Otra" Cordelia has blackmailed Carlota into impersonating her. She goes on a cruise not knowing Alvaro and daughter Natalia are onboard to try to heal from Cordelia abandoning them. Carlota and Alvaro meet at a costume party on board the ship. She pretends to be Cordelia (although she is much nicer). I think there might have been a masquerade party in CS (the latest one)but that one was so hard to watch, I may have wished it to be so.
SFChicaBonita
 

This is only my third telenovela, but I do know that masquerade parties are a staple for shaking up American soaps. People can pretend to be something other than what they are. Or they can be themselves without anyone knowing. I was so excited to hear about that last night and look forward to the surprises.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder