Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Por ella soy Eva #120 1/8/13: Showdown Interruptus

Onesimo lunches with Rebeca. "It's time for you to put out. Pay me for my service - with your favors." "I want to be your business partner, not your squeeze. "I'm tired of being treated like a slave." "I'm sorry I treated you that way, I promise by the virgin it won't happen again. But that doesn't mean you can have my body... at least not yet...." She presses him to help her, but he plays hard to get.

Pluto to Adri, who's languishing because Eva is so mad: "Even though women think they're modern, we hold the reins." "But Eva is so fragile." "Still, you have to ride her." "But she's all I have, all I love." "We have to teach them that men rule."

Helena emails an apology to the offended officials of Playa Majagua. Pluto arrives: "Adri and I want to invite both of you to dinner to alleviate the bitterness of the meeting." Eva is not ready to forgive, but since Helena agrees, Eva does too.

Claudia is not interested in young Kevin, she wants Jennifer's boyfriend Daniel.

Eugenia's agent is visiting. She complains she hasn't gotten a call about the job she auditioned for. "Did Fanny Cano get the job?" Mr. Becker: "She's been dead a long time." Uh-oh, Eugenia is confused again. Becker looks worried. Then she wants to give him her audition video, forgetting he already has a copy. He calls and cancels her upcoming audition: "She's in no condition to work." He scuttles out of the house.

Eduardo has been sewing himself a suit, he thinks this will win Silvia back!???

Silvia walks with her boss, from whom with Helena's help she's buying the florist biz: "This is my first project that's just for me." She wishes the best for Eduardo but she's ready to move on.

Claudia is mean to Eugenia, what a viper! FF>>

Marcela is working on her long-abandoned thesis.

JC as usual complains to Mimi about how sick he is of being Eva FF>> Well, FF>> until Mimi gets upset! He asks if she's having her "days." She's furious: "I'm tired of your egoism, you think everything revolves around you. In all this time you never asked how things are going for me. You think I'm stone, I don't suffer? You're as bad as the rest of them."

JC apologizes sweetly: "You always seemed so cheery with your castanets. I forgot about you, Mimi, my best friend. I've learned a lot but I've got a long way to go." "You got that right." She's very mad but he wins her over.

She tells him about Dagoberto: "He discovered me when I was young, he promised me fame, but he didn't come through. I was accused of robbing money but I didn't do it." "Do you think he's changed?" "I dunno, usually people like that just get worse."

JC's Eva-phone rings, it's Helena: "Where are you, Eva? I need to talk to you." JC rushes to put on his boobs. From the bathroom Helena then calls the JC-phone, so JC answers in his JC voice. She is confused, she's doubting him again. She suggests he come to the restaurant and explain everything to Adri and Pluto. He agrees, even though he still has no proof. He takes his boobs off and heads for the restaurant.

Pluto, Helena, and Adri are still waiting for Eva at the restaurant. Adri explains to Helena that, due to the bad economy, "Playa Majagua has to save Grupo Imperio, we didn't tell you before because we didn't want to scare you."

Silvia is babysitting Lalo. Eduardo arrives in his new suit, with flowers. He asks her to dinner and is nice for half a minute, but when she says she can't leave Lalo alone he immediately starts insulting Helena. Silvia squints with fury. "I came to ask another chance." "We're getting a divorce." "Let's have coffee tomorrow and talk." She agrees. He goes back to his buddy, who says it's a fallacy that romance is for just until you get married. Most women want sweet touches all their lives.

Modesto to Claudia, Eugenia eavesdropping: "I'm selling your mother's house, I'll put the money in an account for you and I'll give you my name. You look so much like your mother." "You should have been with us, we would have been such a happy family."

Helena leaves the table again, ostensibly to call home. She meets Juan Carlos at the back of the restaurant. He's ready for the showdown, but she tells him to leave - "I just needed to know that you were willing to come. A lot has happened to make me doubt what I thought was true, I'm even suspicious of Adri now." "Your eyes tell me you haven't forgotten me." "But nobody's made me suffer like you." He says he'll spend the rest of his life making it up to her.

Back at the table Adri tells Pluto: "I'll give you the business after I marry Eva. I've always trusted you, you're family."

Fer is happy his family has forgiven him.

Pluto leaves the table and in the back of the restaurant sees Juan with Helena - but only from behind.

Labels:


Comments:
Melinama thanks for this wonderful recap. Oh noessss, Adri can't give the bidness to Pluti, que horror!!!! I want Pluti to be ruined, in rags, beggin' in the street, not having the bidness! I hope Pluti gets caught way before then. After what he said to Adri about dominating women, he sooo needs to go.

Claudia also needs to go. Poor Eugenia, she really does need those meds. I hope Eva comes for a little visit and notices what is up with Eugenia and gets her back on those meds pronto! Claudia and Daniel so deserve each other.

I think Onesimo has Rebe's number, lol. He ain't giving up no info, till she gives it up, lol. Now I wonder what she will do???

Good for Mimi going off on JC. I am glad she stood her ground, and he listened to her. He needs to reciprocate and it isn't all about him. He forgets that Mimi also has problems. I am glad they sat down and talked.

Wow, JC was actually going to confront Pluti and Adri. Amazing. Well, not so amazing. I think JC is sick to death of being Eva and wants to expose Pluti, but he still doesn't have enough evidence to nail him with. Loved that JC took Pluti's ring off Helena's finger and put his ring back on her finger. Now that Pluti spotted Helena and a guy, I hope JC doesn't get caught and scrams outta there!
 

Oh, and Bastardo will never learn. He just wants Silvia back to be the chief cook and bottle washer. I don't think he loves her at all. What a putz, way to go insulting your only daughter when your wife won't go to dinner with you. Where is that fork?
 

Thanks Fiddler, for the great detail. Especially Mimi's conversation with JC. Mimi has been cheery way beyond the call of duty....I'm so glad Juan sat down with her and just listened. I agree that her situation will get worse and I hope he can be a great fiend to her.

I also want to thank Jarifa for yesterday's quote from Theresa of Avila. It was a great quote and so fitting that it came from a dignified lady. The 'meds switch' is really messing up Eugenia. It makes me angry....I really hope Chepina or Eva discover it before she is harmed more.

I think Helena has finally reached the point of no return with PLuty. She would be out of her mind if she marries him now. I loved that Juan gave her back the ring....the ring that was almost thrown out a high rise window...into the ocean. What is PLuty going to do if he sees it on her finger?? Gertie
 

"I think Helena has finally reached the point of no return with PLuty." Yes Gertie, ITA. I think this episode was a turning point for Helena.

1. Helena told JC he didn't have to face Adri and Pluto now; knowing that he was WILLING to was enough. I think that convinced her on a profound level.

2. Helena actually said out loud that she has doubts about Plutarco. Considering that he is now on a downward slide, those doubts, now that she finally admitted them to herself, will only get stronger, not weaker.

3. Usually when Juan would say, "You don't love him; you love me," Helena would answer, "Pluto is a good man." This time, when Juan charged that, she didn't answer and her face said she agreed. And then she let Juan take off Pluto's ring and put on Juan's. That's a HUGE step!

As for Modesto's families... Claudia blames Eugenia for having an absentee father. Renato blames Juan because his father treated him like a nobody. Neither of them blame their mother who got involved with someone else's husband and had her children him. Nor do they blame Modesto who had his fun with two "wives" but never could man up to take any responsibility for either of them. No, no, no, you can't blame dear old dad or mommy dearest, it must be the fault of people who never even knew you existed!
 

Melinama, Thank you for the succinct recap and commentators for your adds and thoughts. Paula H.---especially enlightening.

So, when will we get "a break in the case" and from where will it come?

It is frustrating to see that neither Helena nor JC has has thought to dig a little deeper on the phantom construction company. The fact that they've never returned Helena's call would tend to force the issue, don't you think?
And how will any of the truth about Pluti's evil deeds come to light? I really wish there would be some hints along those lines. But at least Helena is expressing some doubts...at long last...about Pluti's actions. What is it she doubts, specifically? Could anyone figure that out?

Also agree about the need for JC to sweep in and save Eugenia...and do so quickly. It is painful to watch her continued suffering, worse than ever now....at the hands of that awful little brat.

Mimi is so wonderful and I' glad JC came around to giving her a kind and compassionate listening ear. I hope that ex-novio of hers goes away soon and doesn't cause any more damage in her life!







 

Thank you for the recap! My favorite part of this episode was Eva's reaction to Adri when he raised his voice to her: so hurt and offended. I loved the trembling lip, the whiney crying the calling out to "¡Cristo!", and the imitation of Adri as she explains it all to Marcela. What wonderful comedy!

Jarifa
 

Thank you for all the dialogue, Melinama. I find that helpful since I usually get the gist of what's said but miss some of the specifics. I was translating (and recounting) for someone who watched with me. I think I choked a little when I repeated Adriano's, "Eva is so fragile."

I hope Paula is right and we'll see Helena begin to disentangle herself from the Putz. Even if it goes slowly. What I hate is all this back and forth: I trust you, I don't trust you, you're great, don't treat me like a possession, yadda, yadda. And amen to Claudia and Renato putting the blame where it belongs, and not on people who didn't even know they existed.

I hate Bastardo so much... but sometimes I feel sorry for him. I may need to be lashed. But I NEVER want Silvia to go back to him. She deserves better.
 

Lovie,it, Jarifa!. Eva's quivering lip! JC is so into this role that he seems to know that a subtlety such as a feminine quivering lip might get to Adri. And how does Jaime Camil DO THAT so well?

I also got a kick out of the way Eva marched and clapped some little song into Helena s office early in the capitulo. I didn't get the words to the song but I did get that Eva was breaking up A PLuty-Helena kiss. Not once but twice! And Helena seemed to enjoy that kiss interruption not once but twice! Another good sign to add to Paula H 's list of good signs that Helena is on the path to dropping PLuty. Gertie
 

Gertie, I had forgotten about that clapping part. It was so funny. Eva and Helena were like two little kids.

Jarifa
 

Thanks so much Melinama. This was so much fun. --One of my favorite lines "He takes his boobs off and heads for the restaurant."

So now we know why Mimi was so ready to help JC when he showed up at her door. It was his story of being accused of something he didn't do -- something she had experienced herself. This meltdown by Mimi is serving to build one more brick into the newly constructed and improved character of our formerly errant galan.

I think that all of the macho idiots except Pluti are going to be reformed in the end. It's the main theme of this whole show. Even Eduardo is going to learn from his study of how to woo back Silvia.

Güera
 

Guera said, "This meltdown by Mimi is serving to build one more brick into the newly constructed and improved character of our formerly errant galan." Totally true and perfectly said!

Gertie asked, "How does Jaime Camil DO THAT so well?" Simple. He's Jaime Camil.

Dona Felipa asked, "So, when will we get 'a break in the case' and from where will it come?" There are eight weeks left in the show. I'm sure the big break will be in the last two weeks. What I can't decide is, which will happen first? Helena discovers that Eva is Juan and says, "I'll hate you forever"? Or Juan finds the big damning evidence against Pluto.

Ed is a puzzle too. For him to be this rotten, this late in the show, is not a good sign. He's being nicer, not because he has repented, but because he's concluded that it's the only method to get Sylvia back. No heart change there. I think the best we can hope for Ed is to redeem himself by dying a hero's death.
 

Melinama, thanks for this recap. It is getting harder and harder to keep up with the increasing pace. When Helena summoned both Eva and Juan to the restaurant, I thought we were headed for a split-personality/costume-changing/double-date caper this very week! I wonder if we will be teased with a few more near-misses in the coming weeks.

Once Adriano finds out what Pluti's been up to, he's gonna give him the business, all right. Just not the same kind of "business" Pluti has in mind.

Ithabill, I felt a little sorry for Eduardo too when he showed up with flowers in hand. (Cheap-looking, day-old flowers that looked like he stole them from a cemetary.) My sympathy evaporated shortly after he began speaking. I think Paula is right: the guy hasn't learned anything. He'll be lucky if he has a chance to redeem himself through death. (Perhaps with a donated organ. Obviously not the heart.)
 

Julie--loved your whole comment, lol, and especially the organ donation part, especially the heart. We wouldn't want anyone to be cursed with that heart, jus' sayin'.
 

Dona Felipa asked about Helena's doubts. Helena is aware that Pluto's done certain specific things that she doesn't like, and it's obvious that she's not attracted to him (not necessarily a reflection on his character, but significant when you're considering marriage).

For most people, the fact that he told her child that it's okay (good, in fact) to cheat would be reason enough to break off the engagement - not just feel doubt. Condescending to her, treating her like a childish fool, would be a huge turnoff, too. And then you factor in the suspicions JC shared with Helena about Pluto's part in the fraud, etc. and you have to wonder why it's taking her so long.

I figure the real problem is twofold: 1) her upbringing (i.e. the sad dynamic between Eduardo and Silvia) did not give her a good example of what a relationship between two adults should be like, and 2) she doesn't trust her own judgment. It wasn't until last night that she finally believed JC. For the past however many months, she's believed that he totally deceived her and that she's a poor judge of character.

If she can really truly have faith in JC now, her remaining "doubts" about Pluto should quickly dissolve into a healthy, full-fledged loathing.
 

Thank you, Melinama
I hope that for tonight's episode Helena and Silvia stay strong. Pluti is such a suffocating mate.
 

Thank you, Melinama

As sad as it may be I fear Eugenia will have a totla breakdown and Claudia will win. Her only hope may be to be hospitalized and to get a fresh set of meds. JC may be too involved in the current developments to notice her failing. After Claudia reks havoc on Eugenia she may set her sights on Daniel, and he on her, but only after he has had his way with young Jennifer.

We seem to be entering a dark time in the TN.

Sue in Florida
 

Melinama, that was an excellent recap and a springboard for so many great comments.

Kudos to JC for being ready to sacrifice his freedom. If Helena keeps that big knuckleduster ring of JC's on her finger, she could cut Pluti's face if she punched him.

If Claudia causes serious damage to Eugenia, will Modesto care enough to teach his daughter a lesson?

I totally agree with Guera: "He takes his boobs off and heads for the restaurant." was a stellar line.

La Paloma

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder