Friday, February 01, 2013

Amores Verdaderos #59 Thu 1/31/13 Do you feel what i feel? ... and... Odiosa and KenDrat put all the moves to boycott Vicky's commercial but...

Sorry, this has to  be long, a lot of Nikki jargon included.

Refritis:

Nikki’s piano teacher Maestra 'Vestidillo' (should be Estudillo) quits… Vicky questions Nikki, Nikki shrugs shoulders and asks Vicky not to hallucinate of being a super mom, she is ‘en al acido’ and nags at Vicky that she wanted to move to Europe but Vicky did not want her to.

Vicky summons Arriaga… slowly Frankie comes in to hear the last part of the argument… ‘when will you learn to respect Liliana??’

Vicky and Angel with Hugs leave, but not before Vicky orders Nikki to practice piano all day. She leaves very angry…

Frankie quietly sits at the piano and plays a classic piece (sorry, no idea of which one)… As soon as they hear it Vicky and Angel are back drooling for more… Lilli and Nikki both look on him with admiration.

Bravo!! It turns into a pretty funny scene with Angel’s ‘how it felt’ …

Vicky suggests Frankie teach Nikki to play the piano. But immediately Nikki spoils the fun by stating ‘a multi-use bodyguard, how cool is that?’ so Frankie says thanks but no thanks. SHE is not interested. Angel suggests Nikki might want to play ‘another instrument’… Vicky jumps in ‘you better not say anything’ (LOL!!)


Lo Nuevo:

At KenDrat’s, Dances arrives with a huge white teddy bear. KenDrat mocks his ‘detail’… he says I don’t buy stupid stuff… my boss sent this. Kendrat reads the card and gets pi__d…

K: What is wrong with stupid Briss?? I want a convertible!! A nice apartment!! (I want KenDrat to be transported to be wearing a dirty clown costume on Lets Make a Deal and be zonked with a old rusty car, or maybe a giant baby stroller to put her in it).

D: He is delighted with you, he says you are the ideal lover/mistress.

K: (turns from angry to depressed) I need to win more than his trust. Mostly now that the cellulite-queen of his wife wants to divorce him.

D: That is what you wanted, no?

K: Yeah! But the problem is Nil-Brain-Son does not want to leave MI. I have to put on a submissive attitude to later show my claws, and get him to marry me, then you and I will leave them all broke.

Dances wants to leave, she wants some playtime first… He is not in the mood… She is irritated at his attitude. HE says boss is waiting for me.

K: Your boss or the bland girl Beatriz? (that gets his attention) I know you better than anyone.

He leaves, now irritated himself. She has to keep the bear.


At office, Anibal is telling Antonio (his compadre) that for a moment he thought Antonio had betrayed him when Adri showed up, but when she told him that it was a medium/vidente who told her her daughter was alive, he realized Antonio had not spilled beans. Antonio assures him he will keep on being quiet. (nose growing?) Anibal also tells him he is set on finding Candelaria, which is the past he wants to revive.

Antonio asks him, once you find her, will you tell that love story to your daughters? Anibal stays quiet…


Paula is meeting with Investigator Pastrana. She talks to him as if she were his owner… as if she were DA and he were a suspect at the police station or trial. ‘You did well in assuring him you would find Candelaria Torres. But that is the last thing you will do. He must not know she had a daughter with him. You will give him a concrete report. (hands it to him, he reads and is shocked, she thinks ‘sorry Cristina, I had no choice’) HE asks ‘are you sure?’


Vicky and Angel arrive at the office. She asks Bea for coffee, even though Angel suggests she take tea to calm down, she insists on coffee.

Angel asks her about the cross pendant. She plays clueless, but she plays with it in her purse so it is ready. But she denies having thought of it. She asks him to wait for her outside. ‘No need to be in here, I am in no danger here.’ He is surprised and asks her if she is mad at him. She denies. As he walks out, Adriana calls Vicky. Vicky says have a busy day but want to come to the office? Adriana says no, just wanted to thank you for your support with my dad. Vicky promises she will help her find out the truth. Adriana will keep looking for the doctor who attended her delivery while she waits for permission to open the tomb. Now I have a reason to live.


At the house, Nikki is on phone with Jenni and passes on going out with her. Frankie is following her around. Catches her by piano. She now plays better than before. She asks him to play something for her. HE suggests she play. But she gets miffed and wants to walk out. He grabs her, she is about to play something but they just stare at each other, this time more content and civilized than ever before. She plays a little, then gives up quickly, saying piano is not for me. Frankie pulls her back, saying besides will, you need ‘feeling’. You have to ‘feel’ the music. … then he gets socratistic… ‘when you play you don’t need to look at the keys… and when you kiss you don’t need to look at the other lips. You have to let go with the music.’ Then they play a duet at two different chords with same melody. She is actually SMILING!!

Have to say not all men can wear a baby pink shirt and pink tie, but Frankie can pull it off… and he looks ‘REGIO!!’

HE walks away as if waking up from a dream… he repeats ‘you have to let yourself go with the music’… she repeats it and then walks to him, they slowly move closer… she asks ‘do you feel same as I? … that is all the incentive he needs, and he moves in for a kiss… HE says ‘you awake in me emotions I never felt before… Neta, captas?’ He wants to keep on playing piano, and has to insist before she yields. She plays much better and Tomasina almost drops the flower centerpiece she had in her arms at realizing it was Nikki playing. Tomasina thanks Frankie very much in getting the miracle no one else did. Tomasina leaves.

Fr: When you commit to something you eventually get it.

N: True. It is horrible to have to do things forced and not because you feel like it.

Fr: You can’t give up. I know you are going through a tough moment, mainly your parents situation.

N: It is a lot of things. Too many for me. Suddenly I feel it overwhelms me.

Fr: True. But life puts challenges in our path that we need to overcome. (walks to sit by her at piano) I just want you to know I am with you, and please, trust me always.

Nikki says ‘if I did not trust you, I would not have made an appointment at the clinic (weight control) you suggested.’ He is glad. He even offers to go with her. She likes that, but ‘don’t pressure me.’

‘I loved your telling me you want to be the man I would always trust. That is ‘hyper-heavy’ for me, Guzman. I always find it hard to trust men. I have had many bad experiences.’ He asks her what has happened. She says the boyfriends she has had have not been ‘good’. Have been ‘nefastos’. To top it off my dad betrayed my mom and today my aunt raised a mess with my ‘tatito’ granddad. I feel like all men in my life will let me down. (he gives her a support hug, swearing he will not let her down). If you let me down it will confirm all men are jerks.


Cris and Lilli meet in front of building. Lili has a violet plant as a thank you present for Paula. Cris will go with her to deliver it.

In her apartment, Paula is playing piano for Cris and Liliana. They are excited at her skill. ‘you play like the angels’… Paula says her mother was a piano teacher and she followed her footsteps.

Lilli tells them what happened with Nikki’s piano teacher. That Nikki treats employees like trash. This is enough fuel for Cris to nag about rich people… Lilliana tells them Frankie plays great. Paula almost flipped the piano when she stood up suddenly with pride oozing out of her nostrils. Liliana is drooling for Frankie and Paula keeps smiling pride. Suddenly Liliana realizes Frankie and Paula were playing the same song. Paula tries to do damage control saying it is a classic song.

Cris the fast mouth tells Paula that Lilli has a lot of admiration for Frankie, and that Frankie is very nice and handsome. Paula almost jumps back in the hole agreeing that Frankie is very handsome.

But quickly fixes it reminding them that she is Frankie and Bea’s mom’s friend. Liliana runs out to work. She is late now. Cris sends Angel a kiss.

Cris suggests to Paula to teach piano again. She just thought of something, it is a great idea… (Danger, Wil Robinson (a.k.a. Paula)!! Danger!!)


At the commercial shoot set (inside MI building), Vicky is getting irritated that the models are not in, Bea tells her that KenDrat is running late and the male model got his past paycheck and left. We see Odiosa and KenDrat on phone, Seems Odiosa is responsible that the male model is not showing up. KenDrat says it is a drag to have to show up knowing the commercial will not be done. When she hangs up, Odiosa’s son comes in to rat at her for boycotting MI. Why did you do something so vile? Odiosa says to gain time so that the vendor we sponsor will get ahead in the market. Why do you care? Her son says he admires Vicky for her talent and honesty. Odiosa gets irritated. The success of our company is thanks to my activities. I won’t allow anyone to question my strategies.. You stay in your area, drawing and coloring. HE insists it is not fair. What if Vicky finds out? Odiosa asks ‘will you tell her?’. He leaves in a huff, she says ‘if mothers could chose our children, I would certainly not have chosen this ‘lukewarm’ Estefano’.

Back at commercial set, Vicky is still trying to get a male model.

At reception Nil-Son arrives and asks if KenDrat arrived yet. Nil-Son asks about how she reacted to the bear. Dances lies through his teeth and grin, saying KenDrat was melting for him. ‘you won her over boss!’

(sorry, Gattorno looks so funny/childish with this chopped-up haircut)


At house, Polita finds Frankie in kitchen. Today is her day off, but since she already found love, she has no reason to leave the house. She is all over him, he has a face of disgust. In comes Liliana and watches some of it. He insists she knows how he feels for her. She says yeah but my heart has no ears (LOL!!) And if you don’t have a love interest now, let me be close to you. It can’t harm. Receiving love does not harm anyone. (she hugs him saying ‘I love you a lot and two mounds’ (te quiero un chorro y dos montones!’) In walks Nikki finding them hugging. ‘if you want to roll around, go do it out on the street!’.


At the greenhouse Liliana is crying her heart out… Frankie, can’t you tell I love you? I can’t stop thinking of you. You won’t even look at me. (She talks to the plants) he will always look at me like a little girl.


Back to kitchen. Polita tells Nikki don’t imagine things that are not. Frankie also tries to speak. But suddenly Nikki is the old Nikki, talking down to them like lowly house staff. Polita insists, to no avail. Frankie tries to ‘explain’. But Nikki says I don’t care if you are ‘friends with privileges’ but you respect MY house. ‘neta que que mega-oso me dan (truly, you both bore me to death). Frankie again tries to reason with her, saying it is not the moment for explanations if she is this angry. She agrees, not the moment, not now, not ever, ‘5th rate gorila’. You need brain surgery if you think I care ‘bout my employees personal life.

By the way, you Gorilita have the night free, go have a rooftop powow.

Polita gets excited, Guzman is about to smoke fire through his nostrils.


Back at commercial shoot, Vicky is still pacing a hole in the floor angry trying to resolve the male model situation. Angel offers to bring her a beverage, to no avail. In comes Nil-Son saying he heard the male model did not show up, offer his ‘help’ and next thing he says he has a dinner appointment with a cosmetic company owner. Vicky is a bit rough/dry with him and suggests he go on to his appointment, so he asks her not to be rough on him and says he would stay if she asked. Vicky says you picked the worst moment to talk about our ‘issues’, just GO. The producer comes to her saying they looked at all possibilities. She says what will I tell the client? If we don’t fulfill the contract, the penalty will be millions!!



At reception, KenDrat finally arrived. Nil-Son comes out of his office and says he needed to see her. She says come over to the dressing room with me. Then they don’t lose time. He is all over her. He asks what have you given me, I am crazy for you. She asks him to control himself.’ Thank you for the teddy bear. What a tender detail. I loved it’.

(oh yeah? I bet you would have liked a vacuum cleaner or toaster more), she shakes him off her. ‘I have to put brakes on what I feel for you’. A little tug of war ensues, she trying to leave, he pulling her back. Will sleep hugging the teddy tonight… thinking of you… she FINALLY leaves. He leaves soon after. She says ‘I will drive you so crazy you will WANT to divorce Vicky for me.’


Back at commercial set, the producer and director keep pressuring Vicky they have to start taping NOW… she hears Angel laughing (he has been trying on the male model jackets). Vicky turns around and looks at Angel with Hugs.


Back at house, Polita is stalking Nikki to try to explain. Nikki does not want to hear it. ‘Do I need to explain it with apples so you understand? I do not want to see ‘gorila’ or you at the house tonight. Polita then says she and Guerito can go out together tonight. She gets all excited. (Frankie is standing behind them, not happy about Polita’s idea)

Polita leaves them alone, Nikki asks ‘gusanito’ what is up with his not liking her giving them the night off. Frankie says don’t get your attitude. When I ask for time off for dealing with a personal issue, you refuse to grant it to me. Nikki claims this is different. Obviously about love. So enjoy your crazy night. It is not a suggestion, it is an order. I want you both to multiply together, by zero. (LOL!)

Polita asks Frankie if Nikki looks like she is not against them being together anymore. Frankie says Nikki is rather miffed believing they have ‘something’ going on together. And besides my being mad because it is not true, in my contract it states that relationships with other staff members is banned. Polita feels the glass of ice water but immediately gets over it and keeps on planning their outing tonight. She sings the same song she sang the other night. Frankie is not thrilled.


In her room, Nikki is making a mess on her dresser, ‘I knew it! I should never have trusted that 5th rate gorilla! Never! I thought he would not let me down but Guzman is same as all others! Why??! Why did I trust him? Because I am stupid… idiot…


In the kitchen, Polita tells Liliana that she and Frankie will go out tonight again. Frankie comes in saying ‘don’t count on it, maybe The Miss will change her mind and ask me to stay’. Polita says she can’t… Frankie says if that were the case I have to stay, I work for her.’ Liliana can’t help but smile. Frankie leaves. Polita is sure that she only has to keep trying. Liliana doubts the ‘nina fresa’ can notice her bodyguard. Be careful, you could be hurt bad. Polita thanks her for the advise, but she will keep on trying. She will jump for joy when he tells her he loves her. She will sing out her happiness… ‘mine, that macho is only for me’ (LOL!!)


At commercial set, Vicky asks Angel for a HUGE favor. I want YOU to be the model of my commercial. (He is frozen shocked)


Previews: Despite Odiosa’s and Kendrat’s best efforts… Vicky has another card up her sleeve… KenDrat is totally floored when Vicky says Angel with Hugs will be the male model in the commercial.

Labels:


Comments:
My former piano teacher, may she rest in peace, used to trim my nails if she thought they were too long! When Nikki plays the piano with those Lee press on nails, I imagine Mrs. Dakserhof spinning in her grave!!!!! That might be step one for a better sound, Nikki.

And I knew when Guzman and Nikki had their exchange about trust and confidence that it would be short lived....but 30 seconds? I get whiplash watching the relationship between these two.

Can't wait for your recap, Marvelous Marta!

Katy
 

I'm looking forward to your recap, Marta. I had some comprehension issues last night. I'm glad you're on the case.

Nikki's nails bother the stew out of me. The continuity crew forgot about them. Her manicure changes constantly. This week she had the multicolored tips in the house before she ran out and almost got hit. As the car drove away they miraculously became sea foam green.
 

PS that does not mean I hold it against the girl. I love her dearly. She and Jean Marie are my crushes.
 

Katy, yes, it was a mere minute of cease fire between Francisco and Nikki, wasn't it? And, I love, love Polita but please, the hard truth is that "he's just not that into you"! You are a wonderful woman but just not the right one for Frankie...

Sara, what a great eye you have to notice the nail polish color change...

I did not at all enjoy the new, not so much improved cranky Vicky last night. She was squashing any comments or joy the Angel tried to show last night. I'm glad to see she softened at the end.

Looks like we may have a model "walk-off". Kendho doesn't stand a chance.

Can't wait to see your recap Marta.

Diana
 

Lee's press-on nails. LOL Have not seen a TV ad for those in agaes!
Awwww... I enjoy watching for Nikki's fresa nails. They seem to be a different color every day.
 

Whoa whoa. I love every little fresa inch of Nikki. I guess I should clarify that my problem with her nails is actually that: My problem. Lol. I find Nikki's "luke" distracting and can't pay attention to the dialog. I want to take note of every little fresa detail. From her head thongs (a week or more ago) to her magical press ons.

Diana- I didn't like the new Vicky either. Don't be mad an Angel because he can resist and respects his marriage more than Nelson does yours.
 

I wonder if JA and Vikki actually will end up together by the end of this telenovela. We see them standing close in the opening credits, but never a true loving embrace like the Nikki/Guzmi scenes.
The 'amores verdaderos' may end up being JA's true love for Cris, and Vikki may find a true love for herself that is not adulterous.
 

Marta, can't wait for your take on this epi.

Diana~~~~ I'm with you about Polita and Vikki. I don't want Ms Vikki to turn into a resentful beyotch and Polita into a stalker of Guzmi. I want them both to stay as nice as they are.

Doris~~~~~ I too wonder about the couples. I just hope that Vikki doesn't stay with Furry Fornicator.It would take something huge for the Angel to leave Cris. I could see Cris leaving the Angel quicker than him leaving her, and it would take a long time for the Angel to get over that. He would be devastated if Cris ever left him for good. I just can't see it.
 

Hi Doris: I have been watching novelas and commenting here on Caray for about 5 years now so have far less viewing experience than many who recap and comment here.

From my rather limited experience, billing and opening credits usually reflect who will end with whom. No spoiler. The one exception of shows I have seen was Querida Enemiga, where Lorena did not end up with the lead galan, featured prominently in the credits and storyline (Gabe Soto). She ended up with another-Chef Hawt, rather than Hawt Doc. Of course the good Doctor had committed the unpardonable sin of sleeping with Lorena's best friend so...

There's been inappropriate remarks, bad decisions, tension and temptation between Vicky and the Angel but the truth is nothing has happened yet that they can't or haven't recovered from. There's a lot ahead so we will have to wait and see.

Diana
 

Diana - I know what you mean about those opening credits as a sign. Still.... perhaps he will remain as her faithful and loyal bodyguard and nothing more? It would be refreshing to see married adult protagonists stay within the boundaries of good character and their marriages. In the old days, it was called 'doing the right thing.'

At the end of "Castaway", when Tom Hanks returned home and found his wife had remarried, both people respected the new boundaries. It was such a display of good character (a rare thing in today's media entertainment) that I was cheering and grieving at the same time.

(DISCLAIMER - NOT that I support Vikki staying with the adulterous FF. Oh noes! I can haz divorce? I never ever endorse staying in a dead, unhealthy or abusive marriage.) Vikki might find someone else who is legally available if she divorces (I hope!!!) the FF.
 

Madelaine:

"I don't want Polita to turn into a stalker of Guzmi."

Um. That ship has sailed. ¿Neta?

{NM dodges behind piano to avoid the nerfazos and spitballs of all the Friends of Polita in the crowd.]
 

Thank you for the recap, marta!

I wonder if Vikki will put some Bailey's in her coffee? Can't imagine it in tea. Just sayin' . . .

Nikki must be channeling 'Zoe', the daughter on Cybil Shephard's old sit-com 'Cybil" with that piano playing. If you ever watched that show, you know what I'm talking about. lol

I guess Liliana didn't have (or read) that part of her employee contract about the ban on dating other staff.

 

Marta - Looking forward to your recap.

ITA on Polita and Vickie. Love Polita, but she's too grabbie with Guzmancito. Vickie was so tacky not to give Angel the cross in her purse - like a cranky spoiled kid. If Vickie ever gets all regal with Crissie again about her "professionalism" with Angel, I may have to reach in the screen and smack her.

Lili really shines, giving Guzmancito his space. Come on writers, send a good guy her way.

I didn't notice Nikki's nails until last night, but will keep up now.
 

Oh Marta "you need to stay on your side coloring". That's perfect! Thanks for clearing things up for me.

I hope we see more Estefano.

NovelaMaven- in the beginning I liked Polita and she's still cute but I hate that she's coming off as a dense lovesick fool.
 

doris:

"It would be refreshing to see married adult protagonists stay within the boundaries of good character and their marriages. In the old days, it was called 'doing the right thing.'"

Imho in the good old days people didn't have a choice but to find comfort in this "good thing" thing because they couldn't really leave their significant other anyway... Divorce wasn't an option because either it didn't exist or it was socially reprehensible. Not to mention that it was a nightmare financially, especially for the wife who usually didn't have an income/job. (Unfortunately the economical results of a divorce are still horrible, women and men can end up homeless or broke thanks to it.)

I think people should try to work on their relationships hard but I know we can't take anything for granted and sh*t can happen anytime. I can't reproach anyone for leaving a relationship, no matter how long they have been together. For example, my father had been married for more than a decade when he met my mother who'd just divorced her first husband. They've been together for more than 30 years. If they had done the right thing, now they would live in very unhappy marriages, and I wouldn't exist. (Which would be a huge loss for the world, neta. :))

There's one case in which I say people should try very, very, very hard to "do the right thing": when they have very young children. You were sooo much in love that you decided to breed together? Then stay together for a few more years, dammit. Unless the relationship is rotten to the core because in that case staying together for the sake of the kids would cause more harm than a simple divorce. (Like Bea and Leo.) But again, who am I to judge...

By the way...

"At the end of "Castaway", when Tom Hanks returned home and found his wife had remarried, both people respected the new boundaries."

If Helen Hunt's character hadn't had a little girl with her new husband, I'm 100% sure she would've left him for Tom Hanks in a heartbeat.

Cris and Angel have an adult daughter. A divorce would be still sad (IF they get divorced), but again, we can't get take things for granted. They are the typical example of two people who married too young. They had a good marriage in the time of blissful, uneventful countryside peace, but now that they are challenged by new intellectual and emotional impluses and experiences, they slowly started to grow apart. It isn't just about JA's attraction towards Vicky or his inappropriate actions or Cris's fears and insecurity. I firmly believe they aren't the same people who lived in the little house on the prairie anymore.
 

Marta~~~ Thank you so much for this fab recap and all the Nikki speak, lol. Loved the whole recap.

Poor Nikki, maybe this is the root of her whole problem, trusting men. All of them have let her down from her Fornicating Snappy Pappy, her heartless Grandpappy and her "boyfriends". On top of that she has self esteem issues. I hope she learns to trust again, but I think it will be some time. I want her to have faith in herself.

Aribeth~~~~ I agree with what you said about Vikki and the Angel. I just know it will be so painful for Angel with leaving Cris or Cris leaving him. Look how devatated he was when Cris left him before. Something really bad would have to happen for Angel to leave Cris. Not a spoiler, but I don't think Cris' misunderstandings will end. I think it will continue.

Pauwhiner, I am so fed up with her. She wants to "help" Cris???? I can't wait for the day that Candaleria shows up and tells Anyballs in person he's got another daughter. I can't wait for the Pauwhiner anvil, and ya know, she still hasn't helped her daughter Bea, since Bea left Cris'. I am glad that Felipe is there for Bea.
 

NovelaMaven~~~ You are so right. That ship has sailed. I just wish that Guzmi would take a stand, as Julia said the other day and start telling Polita no, and Nikki yes and explain about his past. He is wayyyy too ambigious. ; )
 

Thanks so much for the recap Marta, and for adding so many Nicki fresa-isms. I'm getting a little tired of this back and forth between Nicki and Guzman. I want some real forward movement.

As for Vicky and JA-- it might not be such a bad thing that she is trying to only have a professional relationship with him. He's the one who said they aren't friends, right? Then why does he want to hang out in her office all day, wear her granfather's necklace, and comment on what she should drink to relax? He should stick to his very own description of their relationship-- just about work.

Cris also needs to learn from her former mistakes and not get mixed up in Balvanera biz, especially when Paula's involved. It looks like she's planning on urging Paula to become Nicki's piano teacher. Paula would be crazy if she accepts it-- both Anibal and Guzman would be beyond livid if she did that.

So, are we thinking Paula gave the detective a false report that Cande is dead? I feel like I should have some sympathy for her, but she always does something that makes me dislike her more.
 

Vivi, the report saying Candelaria is dead is my guess as well. that way he would not be pursuing her any further since the book is closed there... BUt that would make the moment she actually shows up to stir the pot even more exciting.
 

Marta, I so appreciate your conversation translations and embedded vocabulary. They are so helpful! I enjoyed every word of your encompassing, splendid recap, especially your "Nikki-isms".

Your "pride oozing out of her nostrils" was absolute perfection. Paula was preening like a Cheshire cat...

I fear Frankie is going to have to be tougher with Polita and be more forceful in his assertion they are and will never be more than friends. She just isn't taking "no" for an answer, so he has to clarify things once and for all.

I cannot understand how Paula could love her children yet cover up what appears to be her dearest friend's paternity. She begs for abandoning her children yet she ensures Cris' will never know her father, her sisters or claim her place in the family.

Aribeth, as always, I enjoy your comments so very much. Marriage IS a committment and people should always try and make things work. But the truth is that things change and people grow apart. The things that bound them together initially no longer exist or they choose different paths that no longer give them common ground. Many are wiling to transition from love to friendship but some want more. I try not to judge because we never really know everything that goes on in people's lives.

I do draw the line when children, particularly young children are involved. Leaving to remarry someone else with very young children or when the mother is pregnant (which happened to my mother)is very disturbing to me.

I enjoy these discussions - what-ifs and speculations. We don't know much except there will likely be happy endings for some, but certainly not all!

Happy Friday!


Diana
 

Aribeth - I had forgotten about her child with the second husband, in that movie. So I definitely agree with you.

I think I just want Cris to get her head on straight and have a good life with JA because he clearly loves her and they are a nice family when Cris isn't going BSC. I hope Vikki will find someone who loves and values her.
I'm just not convinced JA and Vikki will end up together by the end of this telenovela.
 

Sara:

Before I forget --

I loved your description of Nikki's hair ornament from the other day: A "head thong." Perfect!

Anita, where would we put those in Meta Mart? In the Puchis Boutique, maybe? Or is it ART?
 

Diana~~~~ Amiga, you hit the nail on the head with Pauwhiner. This is so true, and that's why I can't stand her. She professes to love Cris like a daughter, and look what she has done, on top of not helping her daughter out either. The woman is shameful! All these secrets.

Vivi and Marta~~~ I agree with you two too, about Pauwhiner and the Cande is "dead" report, I so wouldn't put it past her. That's why I am so hoping Cande shows up at some point without Pauwhiner knowing. Then let the anvil drop on Pauwhiner.
 

Oh, and Estafano sure was indignant with Mama Odio, good for him. Maybe he will jump ship and go work for Vikki. That would sure please Jean Marie ; )
 

Marta - hilarious. Thanks for all the Nikki dialogue. I thought the show was kind of slow last night, but your recap is a blast. My favorite line: “Let's make a deal and be zonked with an old rusty car, or maybe a giant baby stroller to put her in it."

Nil-Son really is a cheap SOB with KendraHo. He could at least spring for a piece of jewelry - that Vickie could eventually trace back to him.

Cris thinks that Paula could eventually win over Anibal's family if they just got to know her. But Paula is nuts if she becomes Nikki's piano teacher. At first, I thought Guzmann was too harsh not to forgive like Beatriz, but Paula hasn't changed a bit over the years. Lying and cheating at the expense of her so-called love ones.

Vickie needs true love, which she’s been lacking in her 25 years with me-first Nil-Son, so I can understand her being more willing than Angel for them to go for it. But, especially since Vickie’s taken such a hard line on her father’s past adultery, she’s a hypocrite not to respect Angel’s marriage. Of course, Angel’s given her signals that he’s up for the taking. Angel’s a sweet guy that loves Cris and doesn’t want to live without her but also has all these new feelings and experiences with Vickie. In real life, I can’t stand married men who give off that “I’m available” vibe when their wife isn’t around.

As someone commented earlier, Angel should get another job but then we wouldn’t have this fun TN. :D
 

SuperMarta---Thank you for a super,
[SuperMarta] recap. You cleared up
some questions that I had, so thanks again.

Doris---I noticed [you couldn't help it] the three different colored drinks in the pitchers. My first thought was, are these people
so rich that one juice ar drink isn't enough---they need three to choose from?

Salsero's bangs do make him look like Spock. He looks ridiculous. He's a handsome guy but not looking like that.

NovelaMaven---High brow--Low brow--
Uni brow. LOL

The scenes with Nikki and Guzmancito at the piano last night were very sweet. For a moment, I thought that Guzman was going to take the bruja out of her and she would end up as sweet as Little Orchid---well not that sweet, but close. Ops, that didn't last long.
The bruja came right back in, a few scenes later. Carlos---you're gonna have to wait a while longer.
the gringo


 

Marvelous Marta,

Wonderful, detailed recap. I missed a lot of what Nikki said to P and G. and didn't really care, but I appreciate how you were able to report it all to us.

I have never been a fan of Nikki and doubt that I ever will be unless she makes a complete about face. As a mother of two daughters - both professionals -
who have always worked hard since they were in elementary school,
I have no patience for this
dribble.

I, like Vivi, but perhaps even more so, am SICK & TIRED of this endless back and forth with no good questions asked or answered..
just several intervals of passionate kissing. It seems these are put in there to satisfy a teenage audience.

Now, let's for a moment suppose that all is well with N and G. and they want to marry one another. What would be the future for them? Will he continue to be a body guard for the rest of his life and be a bodyguard for other rich women as is JA? I can see mega jealousy there. Or would he return to work in the military with relatively low pay? Or does he have a secret weapon in his quiver where he can take care of Nikki with a lucrative position? Or will Nikki contribute to the support of their
future family as do most women today?

With regard to Vicky's not returning the crucifix to JA, I see this as the first smart move she has made for a long time although I believe she made it in anger and childish retaliation.
If both reflect upon this gift, they should realize that they should leave well enough alone -
DANGER, DANGER! Nelson went biserk over it, and Chris might as well. JA should realize this.
Too much religion can be a bsd thing. I thought he was getting his head together, so I was surprised that he inquired about it ..although as Aribeth said yesterday, I am at times far too naive about these things.

Aribeth, that is an interesting story about your parents. For the most part, I believe that people should stay together. Often people go from the frying pan into the fire. However, there are other times when marriages simply do not work. I know several situations like yours where the second marriages have worked out beautifully. It is true that people who marry young
can turn into very different people as they mature.

I think of Paula as PAUCONNIVER now. I thought she was headed for possible redemption, but now she seems to be getting worse. I thought she wanted to regain her children and give up the old Geezer..apparently not. I actually love the scenes with Anibal and he offers us an intriguing mystery -- far more than the Pablum which Nikki is trying to feed me.

Love all the insightful comments.
 

Niecie MD---Right, Angel does give out the "I'm available" vibe. Why does he do that? He says that he loves Cris so much---and then the vibes. Is it a men will be men thing?
the gringo
 

Floridia - "With regard to Vicky's not returning the crucifix to JA, I see this as the first smart move she has made for a long time although I believe she made it in anger and childish retaliation." Yikes, you're right. I so don't want to see another explosion, from Cris or Nil-Son, over this.

 

i'm rooting for vicki and estafano. what is the age difference? (who cares!) sorry, jean marie. i'm not getting that estafano is gay!?
mod ant
 

Gringo - In Angel's case, I think he's so caught up into being with Vickie, that he forgets about Cris. (The medicine he needs is to see Cris acting likewise with another man.) In real life, I think some married men do it cause they really are habitual cheaters and others do it simply because they want to feel like they're still in the game; both are turn-offs.
 

ANOTHER COMMENT

I posted this by mistake on Monday's
post. Countless women reinvent themselves when their children are grown. Chris will find that she has much inner resourcefulness that she didn't realize she had. She is free to move on with a new phase of her life and share it with her beloved Angel. No need for gloom and doom with regard to her marriage.
 

My teenaged son deigned to watch last night's episode with me since he had absolutely NOTHING else to do, and afterward he said that he always feels like he wasted part of his life doing so! He just doesn't get that certain things have to be they way they are for the plot to advance. Why doesn't he get it? What are they teaching in high school these days anyway? :)

But I'm also a little bored with the Nikki/Guzman back-and-forth.

I also loved "head thong" as the name for that accessory!

Pretty much agree with all about Vikki's, Paula's and Polita's inappropriate behavior.

Thank you for this labor of love recappers!

TN4ever
 

I think Vicki went overboard with her treatment of JA. Sure, he asked that they have a professional relationship only. But that doesn't mean she needs to be overly rude to him. He is naturally over-exuberant about most things, so when he gushes over things she could just nod, look away and go on to the next thing. That "no opine!" was beyond rude. After all, he considers sitting in her office and bringing her tea as being part of his job. He would do it for any one he was guarding. His whole training as a bodyguard consisted of being told to stick to her side, just as Salsero sticks to the Furry one and Guzman to Nikki.

Polita is very stalkerish, but in an innocent way. Guzman knows this and as the (presumably) more sophisticated one, should have put a complete stop to her "attacks" the night she slept on his bed. Actually, he should've woken her up and made her go to her room. He needs to be stern with her if necessary, but he's a wimp. If he had pushed her away (gently) instead of hugging her, Nikki wouldn't have misunderstood. Nikki's self-esteem is so fragile right now (almost nonexistent) that this imagined betrayal, right after he said she could trust him, will send her in the opposite direction of her seeking help.

Paula is selfish, selfish, selfish.

The teddy bear gift was funny. Kendra overplayed her hand in convincing Nelson she is "in love" with him and can't live without him. He is so convinced he is irresistible to her, he doesn't have to ply her with riches (furs, cars, diamonds) to get her. His little "cheap" detalles (chocolates, teddy bear) appear to make her happy, so why bother? She's stuck! LOL

On the other hand, Nelson is stupid. Asks his wife to forgive him right in the middle of the commercial shoot, then bounces right over to attack Kendra ... at the workplace again! Idiot! I wish someone had walked in on them.
 

Marta, thanks for this hiper delightful, super amusing recap (neta).

Gringo,

"The bruja came right back in, a few scenes later. Carlos---you're gonna have to wait a while longer."

Not to worry, compared to some of the telenovias I've fallen for, Nikki at her very worst is a veritable angel.

Florida,

"I have never been a fan of Nikki and doubt that I ever will be..."

So you'll not be needing a reservation at the Nikki Support Group table tonight?

So now that Kendra will be doing a shoot with JA, will she be the next to fall under the spell of that Ipana smile? Might be fun to watch Cristina go after her.

Carlos
 

If Cris and Kendramera go at it my bet is in Cris.
 

Sara:

Yeah, Cris is a hellcat but Kendramera is so shiny, she's probably as slippery as a greased pig and hard to get a hold of.

[And sending Salsero to deliver the giant teddy bear -- ¡qué oso!]
 

That teddy bear and chocolates thing is awesome. Anonymous up there has it right: Kendra played that hand badly and she's going to get a few more chintzy gifts I think (or maybe FurFo is a cheapskate.)

Word verif: lenude
 

SO who do you think is close enough, informed enough and smart enough to figure out about Adriana and Liliana later on?

Also who is close enough, informed enough and smart enough to figure out about Paula, Candelaria and Anibal?

Any guesses? right at this moment i don't think anyone can fulfill all three (close enough, informed enough and/or smart enough...) so we will have a while to wait for these ropes to be untangled...

Smart enough: Guzman, Vicky (?)
Informed enough: hmmm... The Investigator for one, Padrino Antonio for the other. Paula won't talk, that is for sure.
Close enough: Cris? (LOL!!)
 

"lenude"?

I think that goes in the Art Aisle at MetaMart - le high brow section, natch.
 

Marta- Cris is close enough and informed enough about Paula that she should have figured out by now that Paula is Bea and Frank's mom. She just lacks the smarts. Alas!

 

Marta- I vote for Gilda. Quietly she gathers info...
 

Carlos,

Thanks for the courtesy of checking in with me about tonight. Please feel free to give my seat away - if I ever had one. Perhaps months down the road I can join you all and eat Humble Pie. I'll give plenty of notice.
 

Marta - Tomasina gets my vote for Adriana and Liliana. She's observant and that Chinese horoscope might tell her something.

So far if I'm not mistaken Guzman is the only one who's unraveled a mystery, with the bulimia. It's been right under Vickie's nose but she's never zeroed in. I vote for Guzman figuring out about Paula, Candelaria, and Anibal.
 

Florida,

Heh heh...

humble pie...at the Nikki table...

cute

Carlos
 

Just finished doing my thing on AB, now it's on to AV. Thank you Marvelous Marta. You always deliver.

Poor Polita, she is luchando por su amor--what others have been told to do for the one they love...but she just doesn't get it. It's funny that Lili thinks he's into Polita.

That oso grande reminded me of the osos we made fun of in at least one other tn--I think it was CME..Carlos, Vivi, HELP! I remember a huge bear sitting in a corner of a hospital room and we smirked that it looked just like the bear in another earlier tn. I wonder if they just dry cleaned this one and put him in a cellophane bag. No wonder Kenho was disgusted.

Ay, Novela Maven--We will have to have a Meta*Mart to accommodate the range of items we'll have for sale. Puchis Boutique will be a division of Meta*Mart that carries Ramerawear (much like Tal*Mart did). Would that satisfy?

Flash!!!I've just been texted that there is a line of Giant Osos available. They can ship us a dozen in a crate, individually wrapped in cellophane bags.

We will definitely have Humble Pie. A different flavor for evey day. Liver and Spinach will be the first one offered.

Sets of Multi-colored Press-on nails to suit every mood.

Paint-By-Number Angels (that's Jose Angel).
 

GREAT RECAP. VERY MUCH ENJOY CATCHING UP AND FINDING OUT WHAT LITTLE IMPORTANT THINGS I MISSED. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
 

Another great recap!
Does anyone besides me hope that they'll have an ugly-betty transformation for polita and let her end up with guzmansito. i know it's ridiculous but would be awesome! and i have no sympathy for vicki baby flirtin with angel. She needs to back off.
 

The oso made an appearance in Teresa. It was Arturo-Bear!!! I wonder if Guzmancito will run across it in KendraHo's place and feel a meta call of the blood...
 

Can blood and stuffing call each other?
 

Ok enough already Polita!! You're not being cute anymore. You're endangering your friend's job. You can't take no for an answer and Liliana is right, you might end up being hurt. 5th class Gorilla, please don't cater to her!!!! you are too nice to her. Polita, I beg of you leave him alone!!!!Guzmancito should have called Tomasina or Jean as witness that she camped out and fell asleep in his bed to make them aware of her "stalking" behavior towards Guzmancito.Liliana is too sweet and young for Guzmancito that is why I beg the writers to introduce somebody nice for her. I love the chemistry between Nikki and the ape. I love the Nikkiism and I now say ooookay like her to everybody. She is so funny and lovable and her snobbish front is only because she lacks confidence in herself and this is her way of fighting back and showing her jealousy. i cry when she cries. I want to adopt her. Sorry I can't hate her.
 

Thank you, Marta! It was a pleasure reading your recap (at my workplace, naturalmente :)).
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder