Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Por ella soy Eva #150 2/19/13: Daniel's future takes an unplanned turn

Update: Thanks for pointing out that Oropeza is Rebeca's last name, and Mendoza is Pluto's evil buddy with the bad facelift. I've corrected my errors!

Santi and Luci stammer and wriggle. Helena, saying she doesn't want to meddle, barges in with both feet and tries to convince them both to give love a chance.

Santi proposes to Luci that they go to a bar and throw a few back while "clarifying" things. While Luci is stammering and backing up she backs into Renato, who says sweetly he misses their friendship. "Friends, friends, what about LOVE?" she angrily asks the ceiling.

Will Jennifer be spared an unwelcome deflowering? Claudia has reformed (we know because she took off her angry headband) (but she's unconvincing as a good girl) and warns Marce and Eva that the virgin-despoiler Daniel is after Jennifer.

Marce and Eva go to find Fer, he's in his undershorts at Santi's. He gloats thinking Marcela wants him back, but really she wants him to call Daniel's parents (his former employers).

In the woods Jennifer reads her mother's note:
I understand why you're angry at what I've put up with, but for love I did stupid things. My love for him was greater than my love for myself. There's nothing wrong with love, but don't let your life rotate around somebody else. Never feel obligated to do 'things' or someday you'll lament losing yourself, you'll lament not having been able to say "I disagree."
Jennifer cries.

Meanwhile Marce is dumbfounded: Daniel's father knows all about his propensities! Turns out Daniel was expelled from school for abusing a girl -- "but he told us she asked for it," the father says -- "our poor son is a victim, too! Aren't you judging him harshly? And if you make a scandal everyone loses."

Fer begs Eva for the car - Eva says she's going along - Fer says he has to drive because women can't drive. Eva ignores him and they leave for the forest where the camping trip is going on and...

... where, alone together, Daniel and Jennifer prepare for her "first time" - i.e. he pushes her down on a towel in the grass. She pushes him off and says "not here, not now, let's wait till I'm of age." He grabs her and yells "You can't leave me like this" (the blue balls ploy). He throws her down. She runs away.

Fer and Eva arrive. Nobody knows where Jennifer is.

Meanwhile she is running as if she were on the set of "LOST." Daniel is in hot pursuit. She yells for her mom.

In typical novela fashion - just as Daniel closes in for the kill, Fer and Eva run up. Eva pounds Daniel. He yelps: "Why are you so strong, you freak?" Back at base camp, Daniel's father says: "If you denounce my son, Fernando, I'll have you in jail for fraud."

At home, Daniel's father yells at him: "This is the last time last time I protect you. You're going to military school." Daniel pokes at his cellphone, presumably punishing Jennifer by releasing his raunchy pictures of her onto the internet.

Home safe, Jennifer can't believe he was going to force her. Her mom consoles her: "He fooled us all." "I don't trust guys any more." "Don't be bitter, just be more careful: if a guy doesn't respect you, he isn't worth it."

Juan goes back to tell Eugenia and Claudia of the successful rescue. Claudia asks Eugenia to forgive her for everything. They embrace.

Mendoza is courted by two suitors. First Rebeca calls him, demanding his help in bringing down Pluto. "Stop getting me in plots," he says. "Yes, I could bring Pluto down, but what can YOU give ME?"

Then Pluto asks Mendoza to make sure Rebeca gets blamed for giving info to the competition. Mendoza counters: "Give me a lot of dough for what I've done already, for the corrupt FITSA fiddle and everything else."

Pluto offers 5% of his GI shares. However, Mendoza knows Pluto's planning to make those shares worthless. "FITSA is so risky, 5% is far too little, I've risked a lot." "No, 5% is very magnanimous."

Silvia has one cute suitor: he buys a plant and wants to have coffee with her. "I am just getting divorced, I'm not interested in dating, I enjoy being alone." "OK, but some day I'll be back to get another plant to keep this one company."

Will it be poor Renato who brings Helena down into the dust? While Mendoza and Pluto are bickering about payment, Renato comes in to talk about the upcoming meeting. "I have found irregularities, Helena seems implicated." "Denounce her at the meeting, you have my support." The villains laugh after Renato leaves. "The meeting will be an atomic bomb!"

Juan's gastritis is killing him. "Don't leave me, Mimi" he groans. Helena calls and invites him to join her at the pension. Amid embraces, Juan tries to face the awful Eva anvil but when Helena says "I'm so worried about the meeting tomorrow and Eva's the only support I've got," he chickens out again. [Which recapper is going to have the pleasure of this ghastly reveal?]

Luci and Santi meet at the bar. She: "I always have bad luck with guys because I choose the wrong ones." "It's been the same for me. First, I wanted the perfect wife that would impress my parents. Then I chose one that was the exact opposite."

In typical telenovela style, Santi's first fiancee Patty (the parent-approved upper-class blond) shows up JUST THEN! She hugs Santi, he looks confused, Lucia looks mortified and slips out. Santi seems to think ... but Panty introduces her HUSBAND, who is very cute. "Whoah, Patty, he is artistic, liberal, bohemian!?!?!"

"You helped me break away from seeking the ideal husband. My parents shouted about this match, but now they love him, he's a hard worker and he makes me laugh. We don't live in the big house I expected but..." "Patty, would you and I have been happy together?" "No, we weren't in love, we weren't even friends." After she leaves he looks happy. Plot breakthrough.

Pluto wants Onesimo to kill Rebeca. Or maybe he'll do it with his own hands.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, Melinama. Ah, "Lost." That scene did look familiar. Daniel asking Eva why she's so freakishly strong... hahaha

The scenes between mothers and daughters (well, almost daughter in Claudia's case) were beautiful. I found especially moving the one where Jennifer read Marcela's letter to her. Well done, PESE.

Juan's gastritis occurs too frequently not to have some special purpose, so I agree with those who think this will be the unleashing of the big anvil he has hanging over him. He has tried to tell Helena on many occasions, but then had a good reason/ chickened out on doing it. I give him credit for this.
 

This TN is well written. I don't know if you guys would consider what happened between Santiago and Patti bebe formulaic or not. But I thought it made an excellent way for Santi's further transformation to seem believable. The writers have saved a lot for us for the ultimas semanas, but at least it's not all coming down in the last 2 hours. That's so unsatisfying.
 

Ezra can't believe there will be enough time for Helena to forgive JC with the anvil falling so late. If it were me I would be furious! For a long time!
 

Thanks Melinama, for the quick and succint reacap!

I loved the letter that Marcela wrote to Jennifer. It echoed beautifully what Eugenia told Claudia. After Claudia's apology, it looks like all will be well with her and Eugenia.

Ithabill, I agree with you and the others that the recurrent gastritis is going to play a major role sometime soon.

Too bad Helena needed
Eva's support in the meeting tomorrow or JC could have finally revealed the truth.

From the disturbed look on his face Onésimo has a lot to think about with Pluterco's latest request and threat re: Rebeca.

Jarifa
 

Thanks, Melinama, for the tying tonight's action into a tidy bundle. The scene with Jennifer and Marce's letter was both touching and effective in giving Jennifer the needed backbone to resist Daniel.

Claudia's exchange with Eugenia was convincing to me and bodes well for their continued cordial relationship.

Juan was ready to confess to Helena. In order for her to forgive him, he will have to do something that saves her position or some kind of super hero deed. Don't know what--some meaningful sacrifice?

Fernando at least went to bat to protect his daughter. Sounded like dirty Dan's dad was trying to get him shipped off to military school before the police could nail him.

Enjoyed seeing Eva putting a chokehold on Daniel, although she/he had to stop and change shoes first!

La Paloma
 

Beautiful recap for a fast moving capitulo. Thanks Melinama! I lloved watching Eva run like a guy with those pink PF Flyers on. Hilarious.

I hate that Renato is being encouraged to take down Helena. It was probably the papers that uncle fester planted in her office. I think I heard Fester refer to said papers before the atomic bomb comment. Renato is a smart guy...he cannot feel good about this. We will see. Just like PLuty to have various people do his dirty work...at his best he does this sort of thing very well. But when he gets desperate and becomes, shall we say, hands on, he is his own worst enemy. He is still playing dangerously with most of his supposed allies. This greed on Pluty's part has got to catch up with him.

Yup, Eva ia going to stay Eva to save Helena's bacon...I agree with you folks on that one. What was Adri saying to PLuty from the golf course? Anything significant? Gertie
 

Oh yeah....Jenni running as if "she were on the set of 'Lost'" gave me the perfect laugh for an almost uncomfortable scene. Muchas gracias, Melinama! Gertie
 

Melinama: Thanks so much for this marvelous recap. Loved your zingers especially the "Lost" reference, and it did really look like that.

Mendoza did say he planted some type of papers in Helena's office to make her look like she is responsible for the Fitsa fraud. And Renato with that disc, I guess thinks now that Helena is responsible for the fraud too. Carumba!!! I agree with y'all Eva is gonna have to save Helena's bacon.

Loved Eva putting on those pink running shoes, lol, and the chokehold she gave Daniel was sooo goood. I must say. Glad that Fern and Eva were there to save Jennifer. I hope noone pays attention to those pics she sent Daniel and I beleive he called her fat again. What a putz. I hope he gets a really tough commander in military school.

Loved the letter Marcela gave to Jennifer and so glad it changed Jennifer's mind. Love Claudia being redeemed and her apologizing to Eugenia for everything she had done. Claudia I think will end up being the daughter that Eugenia never had.

Patti Bebe was a surprise this evening. She has changed so much. She used to be all snooty faluty, but now is down to earth. I wish that Lucia hadn't high tailed it out of there. Santi is in love with Lucia and I can't wait for them to be together at the end of this TN. Lucia also has it bad for Santi.

I really wonder what is going to happen with Marcela and Fern. I want them together, they have so much love, but I want Fern to grow up and be responsible. I want him to see that Marcela is one good bidness woman and to just accept that, and stop being macho.
 

Thanks for the recap, CHF.

The red sneakers may have been a shout-out to Camil's last TN (which hasn't aired in the US), Los Exitosos Perez, in which red sneakers are an important part of the definition of his character.

 

Thank you for the recap, Melinama.
I am glad that Daniel's anvil dropped and I hope that there is a technical glitch with his blackberry so that the pictures aren't posted to the internet.
For once Fern acted like he had some sense when he stood up to Daniel's father to defend Jennifer.
Question- Is Oropeza, Rebeca or Uncle Fester?



 

Great recap Melinama!

I loved the rescue scene. I was so happy that Fer got to take part in rescuing his daughter. But I hate the trouble Jennifer will have when those pics hit the internet. Ugh! Military school is not good enough for the creep. He would still be free to prey on other young girls. He needs to be put in jail (where he gets to be the sweet young thing preyed upon by others).

ITA that it will be the gastritis that give JC/Eva away. But since this reveal is being pushed to the bitter end, we won't have to wacth everyone being mad at him for a long stretch of episodes. Maybe they'll have a little time jump to allow everyone to forgive and move on.

I need Renato to start using those brain cells and ask himself if fraud is something Helena would do.
 

TJ: Oropeza is Mendoza.

Onesimo does have a heart in a way. I think he will do anything he can to save Rebe. I really don't think he will stand by while Pluti tries to plot and plan on killing her. Jarifa I am so with you there. I think maybe Onesimo is a little in lurrrvvve with Rebe and I still wonder what Onesimo did with the millions he stole from Pluti.

Vivi: So with you about Renato. I wish he would use his brain cells too. He knows that Rebe and Pluti are lovas, and he already knows what Rebe pulled. It wouldn't be too hard for him to make the connection that Pluti is bad to the bone.
 

Gertie: I think Adri mentioned something about Rebe in that phone call with Pluti, no exactly sure what it was. I loved how Adri put the phone down to make that shot, with his golf club, lol. I still think Adri is up to something besides having Eva make up her mind. It is just so out of character to be leaving his bidness the way he is, and only checking in like every now and then. For that reason I am curious to know what Adri is really up to.
 

Thanks, CHF! Each new episode is even juicier than the one before it. I love ultimos!

Gertie, Adriano said "My phone shows a bunch of missed calls from Rebeca, do you know what that's about?" and Pluto says "no, I fired her, she was up to her old tricks again." However, Adri didn't seem very surprised or concerned. At one point he had someone hold the phone for him so he could take a shot, then he resumed the call.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Oh - and - as for Renato, I noticed something interesting when he mentioned the fraud to Pluto and Mendoza.

He wanted to show them the evidence he had found, but P & M encouraged him to take ownership/responsibility and present it all at tomorrow's meeting. And Renato asked, "No matter who is involved? You're sure?" And Pluti & Mendoza said yes, no matter who.

But they didn't ask who, because they're sooooo sure they know everything he knows.

But I don't think they know that he has the Felix's CD. And I don't think even WE know what's on that disk. I thought Felix told Rebeca they could hack anybody's email with it... so maybe Renato's found something interesting in Pluto's email.
 

"Oropeza" is Rebecca's last name. Raul Mendoza is the left-hand man in Pluti's life, Onesimo being el numero uno, the right-hand mano. Both Rebecca and Pluti are trying to get Mendoza on their sides, with Pluti having the leverage at this time... though his 5% is rather not convincing, and Rebecca has her cuerpocito to offer, one that everyone appears to drool over.

Lost? Ha! Ha!

My guess is that Helena will forgive JC--has to, it's a telenovella--probably because she will see that as Eva JC was her best friend, and as JC he wants to be her best "man." She should realize that he meant what he said when he stated that he's been by her side all along. THAT was the truth, if everything else was a heap of (necessary) lies.
 

Actually last night Fer made me the maddest yet. His daughter is out of cell phone range, in the hands of a know scuzzbag when it comes to young virgins. And what does he do? Whine and rationalize and wheedle because he doesn't want to face Daniel's dad (outside his office). For me that was the lowest he has sunken. And yes, he did help rescue his daughter. But that's because Eva caught Daniel and detained him, then jumped out of the way when Fer arrived, so Fer could play the hero. Like during WWII, when the US forces captured a city (was it Paris?), but then stepped aside at the last minute so the native soldiers could appear to have won the victory.
 

How in the world does Pluti think that 5% share of G.I. will amount to a hill of beans with all this fraud he is planning, that is even less than what Eva has. No wonder Mendoza is so pithed. Maybe Adri is watching Pluti and deciding for himself what is going on.

Good point Julie about Renato and now I can't wait for tonight and this meeting to see what it is that Renato has found. When Renato popped that disk in the other day, it was mainly Helena's e-mails but I am wondering if these e-mails were before Pluti messed with the computer. He orginally encoded that disk.
 

I'm both looking foward to and dreading the meeting. Since there is so much mystery around what Renato knows and doesn't know, I'm looking forward to finally hearing him spill it. But I really dread seeing Helena put in the hot seat.

Paula- ITA about everything you said about Fer. But since I'm usually bashing him, I was looking hard for the positives from last night. :)
 

I think Pluti assumes that he is so much smarter than everyone else that he doesn't realize that Mendoza might have a plan "B" in case Pluto disappoints him (betrays him, doesn't offer enough money, tries to pay him off with the blanks in his safe, etc.). Plan B might not turn out too well for Pluto.

I had been thinking (as I mentioned earlier) that Renato may already have evidence in hand that incriminates Pluto. But it still seems way too early to reveal it at the meeting tonight. Adriano's relaxed attitude on the phone (while playing golf), being evasive when asked about Eva, and not pressing Pluto for any details at GI makes me think that he really is onto Pluto - maybe with Renato's help, maybe someone else's.

If I'm wrong about all this, which is usually the case, then I'd hate to think that he's still totally oblivious.

Regardless... now that Adri knows Pluto fired Rebeca, I wonder if he'll start taking her calls? I know I would!

Paula: I agree with you about Fernando. He didn't really get involved until it was extremely easy and safe to do so.

On the other hand, he did tell Marcela later at home that he wouldn't accept any hush money from Daniel's family over this. That took me by surprise. Apparently even Fernando draws the line somewhere.
 

The parents should have pressed charges. Daniel threw her down and would not take, "No" and then was chasing her through the woods when stopped.
 

Thanks Julie and Mad....for translating what Adri was saying to PLuty while putting on the green. I think The writers want us to think that Adri has already given up on Eva and GI....but I am with you guys. I'm not buying it.

I still do not look forward to this meeting where Helena is surely going to be accused of fraud. Gertie

 

I have a prediction. I'll post it now, in case tonight's cap adds hints in this direction. I'm on the west coast so I haven't seen tonight's cap yet.

We all wonder how Adri could recover from the discovery that Eva is Juan. Remember that before Juan was framed, Adri viewed him as a son.

I predict that Juan is discovered when he saves Adri from some MAJOR destruction invoked by Pluto - not just bankruptcy, but much worse. Like murder, prison, or national disgrace because of "proof" of detestable acts, publicized nation-wide (think Bernie Madoff). Adri will not only be grateful to Juan for saving him, but also will understand Juan's position when Pluto does the same thing to Adri.
 

Bold prediction Paula!! I also think that Juan will do something epic that saves Adri or GI and Adri will find a way to forgive Juan. I just can't guess how Juan will pull it off and Whether he will pull it off as Juan or Eva. I'd guess he pulls off saving Adri's butt and company as Eva. I don't think Eva is going to disappear. I think Adri will find out the truth that JC is Eva....ugh...I am already feeling for Adri (and Helena). Gertie
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder