Thursday, March 28, 2013

PEAM #14, 3/28/13: Lost Dog, Reward if Found

Happy Holidays, Passover and Easter to all who observe!!!

Rogue reminds Chucho not to harm a hair on the head of his precious puppy and gives him instructions on his booties and his blankets. (We already know how this is going to end up)

The Fussy Fuchsia Gals have welcomed Chucho into their circle.  They want to start fresh, they are a team.  He is a colleague.  Jessica is not too happy to hear that Chucho is no longer the enemy.  The ladies ask for forgiveness.  Chucho couldn’t be happier.  All for one and one for all!!!!


The Three Sillies are rating Jessica.  She is a 9, 9.5 and then mean Jessica tells the sillies that the secretaries made a pact with Chucho and she doesn’t agree.  The sillies babble on.  Fast forward

Sergeant Vero- (ATTENTION!!) is packing Valentina’s suitcase and giving orders, fold your uniform, no TV, if you don’t sleep, you can’t learn, after eating, no candy, blah, blah, blah.  After watching Vero, I feel as if I need therapy.
Vero notes that Elias is distracted.  He is tired because he has a lot of work.  Today he learned something important.   Vero smells a rat.

Jessica and the sillies want to use plan c. Why isn’t anyone working??? Jessica wants Chucho fired so that she could get her old job back.  She starts a stupid campaign.

Chucho apologizes again to Xochy for standing her up.  Xochy invites him out again tonight, but he can’t he is going to spend the evening with his daughter.
Onto the airport to get the dog.  Xochy is in 7th heaven.  Alma reminds Chucho to be careful with the dog.  Alma asks if he has heard from his baby’s mama and Chucho feels that no news is good news. 

The annoying taxi driver is waiting for his reward.  Chucho talks him into taking him to the airport.

Alma checks on Pati.  She is worried about Pati but Pati had a ball with the secretary.   Alma asks about her boyfriend and she dismisses it and says that she is waiting for her Prince Charming who could be the secretary.

Here comes Sanson.  The airport handlers couldn’t wait to turn him over.  Chucho lets him out of his cage and tells him to behave.  The taxi driver rushes him out of the airport and they drive to the office. Chucho bores the taxi driver with the story of him spending the first night with his daughter. yada, yada, yada. The taxi driver is only thinking about the reward that was offered on the radio.  The taxi driver asks for more money and Jesus is distracted, doesn’t close the door to the cage and we know the rest!  Sanson is in the warehouse unbeknownst to anyone. 
Jessica who is actually doing something other than kissing, humping or insulting someone.  She is given the once over by one of the workman who teases her about she and Fernando.

Chucho is beside himself, he knows that Rogue will kill him if he finds out about Sanson’s disappearance.  He asks the taxi driver to ride around and look for him.  The taxi driver is starting to annoy me.  Fernando is looking for Chucho.  Xochy lets him know that he went to the airport to get Sanson.    Fernando says that if anything happens to his “nephew” he will be fired.  He also needs for Chucho to pick up a file.
Rogue is drooling over pictures of his dog.  While Fern questions him as to why he sent Chucho to get him since he doesn’t want anyone near the dog. (The first intelligent thing that he has said in 14 episodes) Rogue says that the dog is on a higher level than him and wants to know why he is not working.  He is only working at Avon so that he doesn’t die of hunger, loser. The baby crying sound is so apropos.  Fern finds Sanson (and we know how this will end up) Sanson growls at Fern and Fern picks him up and stuffs him into his trunk, still feeling bad over his brother’s insults.  He is going to make his brother suffer.
He approaches Chucho in the parking lot and of course he doesn’t let on that he has the dog, what a low life!

Chucho asks Remiglio, taxi driver, if there are any new developments.  He is desperate.  The taxi driver asks for the umpteenth time for his reward and Chucho would rather die than be tortured by Rogue.  The taxi driver leaves all of the luggage with a woman who is selling something on the street.  She would like to receive more than a thank you from Chucho.

Elias gives Valentina a lollipop.  It’s their little secret. 
Rogue leaves the office and Chucho sneaks into the office behind a stack of boxes and charts.  He runs to Alma’s office.  Alma was not too happy that he ran into her office. But listens nonetheless. He tells her that Sanson is lost.  Alma will help him because Rogue adores that dog and she is Chucho’s guardian angel.

Fern takes Sanson to his house, where he acts like a wild dog, jumping onto furniture, knocking things down, and growling.  He locks him in his bathroom.  He calls his main squeeze, Jessica and tells her that he has Sanson.  He then breaks it down to her.  She doesn’t get it because she can’t multitask; you know listen, talk on the phone and file her nails.  Fern has the bright idea to offer a reward for the dog.  50 thousand dollars. I can’t believe that I am actually typing this!!!!

Poor Chucho is frantically searching for the dog.  This is painful to watch.  He looks everywhere.  Rogue is asking Alma why hasn’t the secretary arrived with Sanson.  Perhaps he is stuck in traffic.  Rogue wants to call Chucho on his cell.  He is dying to see his dog,  (Then why didn’t he go to pick him up himself, I have to remind myself, it's a telenovela, that’s why)
Rogue wants to speak to Sanson on the phone.  Chucho has to listen to this and make animal sounds as if he was Sanson.  Rogue says that Sanson sounds funny and he hopes that he isn’t sick.  Rogue asks Susana for the number of a vet.  Here comes Jessica, with some news.  A man called that he has Sanson and wants a ransom of $50, 000.
Viewerville, if I weren’t recapping tonight, I would have just fast-forwarded this whole episode.

Meanwhile Chucho is asking anyone and everyone if they have seen the dog,
Rogue is distraught and says that the idiot of a secretary lied to him and Jessica eggs him on.  It was a Good Samaritan who called.  Who, Jessica, oh she doesn’t know.  They called the warehouse and she answered.  Yeah right! Did they leave a number?  No, they will leave instructions.  Rogue is worried about Sanson like any parent worries for their child.  Jessica goes on about the voice of the Good Samaritan and does the happy dance when Alma and Rogue leave the office.
Poor Chucho calls to find out if there is any news and goes back to Avon to face the music.  He wants to tell Rogue the truth and when Rogue sees him he grabs him and Alma tries to stop him.  Rogue tells Chucho that Sanson was kidnapped.  Chucho is impactado!! 
Fern asks Jessica if Rogue believed her.  Yes, and he looked as if he was going to cry.  Fern is ecstatic that his brother is suffering.  If anything happens to Sanso, Rogue will have Chucho put in jail.
Rogue wants to fire Jesus, but Alma says that it’s not his fault.  Chucho has been demoted to the warehouse out of Rogue’s sight.  Rogue goes to get the money.

Coming attractions- Rogue looks for the money in the furniture of his basement and guess what?? It’s gone.

Labels:


Comments:
Just when I was enjoying this novela, tonight's episode had to happen. Talk about silly time.
 

TJ: What a wonderful recap. So funny and I do agree with you when does anyone ever work??? lol.

Hated the fact that poor Chuco was demoted. So unfair. Hated Fern stealing Sanson. But on the other hand, now we know why Fern is "working" at Avon. I hope Sanson tears up the place. The dog is really cute and who could blame him for growling at Fern. Jessica has turned into a Judas. I hope she never gets her job back.

Alma is Chuch's Guardian Angel. Hopefully, she can get him to keep his job as the secretary or maybe something more.

That taxi driver is like bad luck. If I were Chucho I would find another taxi driver.

Poor Chucho looking all over the place for Sanson. I did like the previews though where he gives his suspicions to Alma.

Loved the scene with Elias and Valentina and the secret lollipop. Had to laugh at your description of Vero, TJ. She is like a nightmare drill sargent.
 

Ok, it is official!
Whoever is in charge of the Closed Captions should be another character in the TN. I am sorry for everybody who depends on it to know what's going on, because now that I am watching, listening and reading, I find out that those captions ''leave a lot to be desired'' o sea, dejan mucho que desear!
And I am not talking about the countless typos, but to the translation, here's what I saw tonight:
RANCOR - RENCOR, but I am sure in english is more like GRUDGE, HARD FEELINGS
PLEBEIAN -PLEBEYO, peasant, commoner.
PLUS -ADEMAS , should BESIDES be more appropriate?
MY QUEEN- MI REINA... da'hling!
NIECE -SOBRINO, the right word is nephew (the dog has EGGPLANTS).
VOICELESS -AFÓNICO, doesn't HOARSE sounds better? The ''dog'' was not mute, Hey-sús was the one barking.

PLUS that, I saw another sponsor: CLOWN LOLLIPOP and I hated more than ever the sound effects (dog barking in Rogelio's office when there's no dog in sight, child crying when he saw the pictures, and so on...

Juárever!!

I thought I was nit-picking this TN but due to the FUN I AM HAVING, from now on I am using my MICROSCOPE! Agárrense!
 

Thank you, TJ. I like how you opened with "we already know how this is going to end up." The trajectory of this storyline is so obvious that I'm desperately hoping it will take an unexpected turn. :)

Sometimes people say "plus" instead of "besides." It's not wrong, exactly, but it's not as common.

And speaking of common, we NEVER say "plebeian" in the US. I mean, NEVER. You'll hear "aubergine" before you hear "plebeian."

"Voiceless" was definitely wrong, but "muted" (not mute) would have made sense. "Muted" just means "quiet" or "subdued." Though I would probably go with "subdued."

I notice a lot of gender errors in the captions. Like, more than one per night.
 

Speaking of dogs, I have some BINGO-was-his-name-O comments/questions:

1. Since I wasn't sure whether Avon should count as a "product placement" for Bingo purposes, I was glad to see the Clown-Pops. Now I can circle that square without guilt. :)

2. What about "theft of important object"? Does dognapping count? (If there is already a "kidnapping" square on another card, the answer has to be no; but if there isn't a kidnapping square then this might be a reasonable interpretation?)

3. "Disguise worn." Does Rogelio's Fancy Italian Jacket count as a disguise for Chucho? Does Xochi's jacket count as a disguise for Alma?

4. If a character travels from Chicago to Monterrey, does this count as "char travels outside Mexico"? Or does this refer only to outbound travel? (I will assume that any travel to Chicago that took place before our story began does not count.)

5. Come to think of it, if a TN (not this one) is set in Mexico City, could any out-of-town trip be considered "outside Mexico"?

6. I am personally setting a very high standard for "gratuitous shirtlessness" and "gratuitous lady in bikini or underwear," as far as gratuitousness is concerned, because if I don't then all I need is an important stolen object (like a dog) to have BINGO and it seems too soon for my fun to be over. :) As it is, I doubt I'll have a long wait because the "wedding derailed" square is looking promising too.
 

TJ, I doubly appreciate your recap. Missed tonight due to an conflict and find I really didn't miss much. Let's hope the silly stuff recedes a little bit.
La Paloma
 

Pablo, I did see the typos but I was too busy typing to list them all. Thank you. There are always typos, there doesn't seem to be any proofreading in closed captioning.
 

Tableta Jefa - thanks for the recap. Actually, this episode was much more hilarious in the original "El Secretario". Juan Pablo who played Emilio did a much better job at imitating a dog's bark than Fernando (Jesus) does here.
 

I don't have captions of anykind and when I recap I just listen and go by the characters body language. It helps my listening skills and if I get something wrong y'all can tell me : )
 

TJ....the recap was actually better than the episode...but I am cool with that! When I spend too much time admiring the set decorations and Benjamin Moore paint colors in Rogue's office, I know it is a weak episode for me. Your humorous comments make it all worthwhile. Looking forward to Valentina's first night with Pappa. You know, between Chucho, Alma, and Chatita, that kid will be over the moon with love and attention. It takes a village. Gertie
 

Very funny, Tablet Jefa.

I loved "The Fussy Fuchsia Gals" and your description of Jessica "She doesn’t get it because she can’t multitask; you know listen, talk on the phone and file her nails." It seemed to me though that she was not only dense -- but very honest. Fern's nefarious plan was hard for her to grasp at first because her natural inclination was to return lost property to its owner and her expectation was only to receive thanks for her effort. 

Nasty Fern was nonetheless funny. I'm enjoying watching his pompous cluelessness.


I actually enjoy the sound effects. I know, I know. that puts me in a tiny minority.

Rogue's over the top reaction to everything is another thing I enjoy watching. I thought his drooling over Sanson was very funny.

That's OK I'm happy with everything this morning -- including my caramel espresso -- SU is in the Elite Eight and they played very strong last night. Woo Hoo!

Congrats to you also JudyB. Still a couple of Florida teams left, Pablo, even if one went down last night.


Güera

 

Thanks, Tablet Jefa, for a very complete recap!

It seems that Televisa recycles more than props. A recycled Sansón? There was a bulldog named Sansón in LFMB that looks just like this Sansón. I wonder if he is a Televisa "property" or belongs to a cast or crew member.
What a star! What a career!

Anyway, my favorite part of the episode was Jesüs doing his dog imitations.

I am so happy I do not get subtitles. Those translations would be driving me crazy.

Jarifa
 

Pablo - great post. Yep, weak translations and I'm sure folks appreciate your corrections. Loved your nitpicking, and especially "Juárever" LOL!

Not following - just popped in to read the comments. [Waves to Madelaine]. I did have it on while cooking dinner. I am enjoying the Elias interpretation of his character, but otherwise don't pay much attention :)
 

I need to catch this episode on Hulu, which episode # was this?

Seems like Sexy Jessy was on a roll last night.....

HAPPY HAPPY Joy Joy !!!

Judy B. - Guera , your teams rocked last night..Congratulations to both of you.

Judy B., winning on the last shot of the game, like the Buckeyes have been doing, can send a fan to the liquor bottle.

Guera, I didn't give the Orangemen a snowballs's chance in a hot oven to win that game last night.

Sorry Nanette, but you and I have to sit out the rest of the dance this year. Your Hoosiers, and my Rams have stop dancing... Judy B. and Guera are still "kicking it" on the dance floor.

Somebody will have to dance with Cinderella...(Florida Gulf Coast)

Anon#1
 

Thanks.
I was starting to enjoy Pati and I didn't see her last night.
I'd like to see more of the city and this was a good excuse, though.

And another thing Univisión deleted (or maybe I blinked) was Sansón peeing on the couch. I wonder why they din't pixelate his ba**s. LOL
God, they're huge (for a dog that size, anyway!)

I am also starting to see ''local talent'' from Monterrey. The taxi driver, Petra selling Tootsies outside Avon, I hope to see more of them.
Also, speaking of product placement, I see the whole TN as a 150+ episode commercial sold to almost 10 countries, but also for Tribal the group. I heard that is coming to Houston in 2 weeks!!
 

Pablo - the original "El Secretario" is 152 episodes long. So, I'm guessing this will be the same length also.

I'm pretty sure Sanson did something on the sofa. Since Fernandito refused to sit on it while he was talking with Jessica on the phone.

JudyB - I'm not happy right now with the tourney. My team, Arizona, lost in a heartbreaking shot at the end. Now I'm down to only one team left to cheer for (Kansas). oh, the memories of the 80s when the Big 8 had three teams in the final four (KU, KSU and OU). That will never happen again.
 

who here remembers Duelo de Pasion? I remember that one was so awful that the only thing/character that kept us tuned in was the dog. I can't remember his name in the show, I think he was a german shephard.
 

Thanks so much TJ. I missed this episode last night because of a conflict, and was going to catch on Hulu, but with your great detail, I think I'll just pass. Seems I agree with you on there being a lot of fast-forward moments, and Vero, cannot take her.

Hope that little dickens makes Ferns life miserable. Looks like it's becoming "let's gang up on Rog" time between Patimelt and Fern. Good going guys.

Congrats Judy B. My Big Ten is twindling. Yish!

 

Well this is certainly the low point of this TN. Right? It can only go up from here. But, I'm an idiot, I'm still watching.

Lola
 

Even though Jessica is turning out to be a witch, I couldn't help but notice that she has amazing teeth! (among other things) Haha

Also, when Jesus and the taxi driver were outside, I noticed that one of the "bystanders" down the street was taking a picture of them. Too funny. I don't even think they are using extras for this. They looked like real bystanders. These things must be very low budget.

I hope the next episode is not more of the same, but it looks like it will be. Bummer.

Steve
 

Julie, I am counting “character travels out of country” but personally would look sternly on “character travels outside of Mexico.” There is indeed a kidnapping square, although I don’t have it, and I don’t count disguises unless the person is not recognized. Meanwhile, I agree with your high standard for “gratuitous shirtlessness” but am also adopting your liberal interpretation of “car accident” to count Chucho’s meet-cute with Ury. YMMV.
 

TJ, this was a hilarious recap for an episode you didn't even like! Way to deliver the goods!

I was folding laundry and packing while it was on so I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axle about the lost dog, but he seems to be able to take care of himself.

Pablo, love "juárever" -- perfect.
 

Thanks, Tablet Jefa. For an episode you didn't enjoy that much, your recap sure is excellent. I mean, it was quality recapping for any type of episode, but I'm glad you can channel your lack of enthusiasm into humor.

I have heard people say plebeian. What can I say; I hang with the sort of people who say stuff like that. Also rancor, although that is used more in writing than in conversation. People really do say plus for además a lot in English.

I shared Alma's frustration with Jesús. She tries so hard to help him, and he just keeps screwing up. That one totally was his fault, and preventable.

I don't think Jessiquita is a natural villain. She's miffed at losing her cushy job, and she has abysmal taste in novios, but it really didn't even occur to her to try to use Sansón to her advantage.
 

Fav part: Alma's campy behavior in the background while Rog was talking to Jesus/"Sanson".

Lee Fox: IU would have won had the game been played in Indy. They don't call it Hoosier Hysteria for nuthin' :)
 

pleb would be more like sth I would hear.

OK, it's silly, it's stupid & someone like Alma would never be attracted to someone like Jesus, he is not FC ---- (yet). He will get his macho back.

So sad, so far. Things not going well for Miami teams, the Heat run is over at 27, the hurricanes lost & by 10 points. My 2 last hopes play each other tonight. The Gators should prevail by a lot. I usually rout for the underdog but the Gators are my school.
 

Sanson has a huge set of huevos.
 

Maybe that's why Rogue loves and respects him so much.

I still can't figure out how Rogue got to be in charge of this place. I did like the detail of how he was supposed to call the Toluca office. I wonder who he will talk to there. Pancho? Rebe? Pina Amors? Probably not Moni :).
 

Julia, I had the same thought about the Toluca call.

Sorry Nanette -- They just couldn't find their way through the zone last night. And as for venues -- if they were in our Carrier Dome they would have had yet another opponent. They don't call it the Loud House for nothin' either.

Güera
 

Guera: don't really follow sports. Our office does a informal pool and I always pick the Indiana teams. We had four this year (yay!!)--I picked IU to win the whole thing--which, actually, was not totally out there--or so I hear.

 

Looked up Carrier Dome to see what team you were talking about. Congrats on your win.

I match our Hoosier Hysteria against your Loud House any day. ;)
 

TJ--This dognapping could have been a children's story. All it needed was pictures of lost Sanson wandering around the bodega and ta! all done. But you are better than that and we appreciate the time and trouble you took to delight us with all the shennanigans.

Poor little Val--her reward for having that drill sargent of a mother was the Clown lollipop (truth tell, I've never seen one). Vero also reminded her to floss after eating--well you have to agree, some of her instructions are healthy and wise, just not the way she delivers them. She's like a record needle stuck in the groove.

Pablo--you are cracking us up---the dog has eggplants (just like a sobrino would). I've decided to start a page of Pablo-isms in my Spanish folder (which also contains word origins--I love etymology). Yours are first rate and verrry instructive.

So, now we know that Fern is a useless hanger-on, hired on to do nothing as a promise to his father (??I think) to keep him from ending up on the streets. Rogue himself doesn't know much about how to run a business and that's why he *has* to hang on to Alma for-evva.

Alma's eyes should open up a little watching Rogue gush over his beloved dog--showing more attention to the picture of the dog than the real live woman he's supposed to be in love with. I hope her eyes stray toward Chulo Chucho sooner that later. But before she does, I want the hyper-antics to stop. He can be funny with just a smile.....

 

Thanks! Too much time on my hands is paying off, LOL
That thing about the ''placa dentobacteriana'' seems like deja vu for me, didn't she said the same phrase to Valentina once?
OK, so Rogelio is keeping Fernando after a promise to his father and the dog after a promise to his mother...
Que qué what?
When is he doing something for himself?

Regarding the Juárever thing, I wanted to emphasize because of the way Rogelio pronounce it, is very funny! I might start liking him just because of that word!
 

Variopinta - Alma is lonely and Jesus is nice. I think that's really the basis of her attraction to him at this point. I mean, look at the other men in her life. Sad to say, Rog really was the best of the bunch until Chulo showed up.

Pablo - when is Rog doing something for himself? LOL. I think the time he was spending with Paty was "doing something for himself." Also the time he spends doing illegal stuff. See, maybe he knows how to be just a tiny bit selfish. ;-)

Speaking of pretentious, I'm not good with accents, but doesn't Vero have a little bit of an accent? Is it a real accent, or is it more like when Madonna pretends she's British?
 

I also find it very funny when he says juárever. It's so out of character for a fancy high-ranking executive, and yet so in character for him, and his pronunciation is delightfully off.
 

I was also wondering about the way Vero talks. I can't tell if it is an accent or just an affectation related to her super rigid and contorted personality.
 

It's gotta be because the way she behaves, since her accent is, like everybody else in the TN, neutral. To have place in Monterrey, nobody has the ''norteño'' accent other people find (if you watched UN REFUGIO PARA EL AMOR probably noticed the stronggg! accent Televisa gave people from Chihuahua). People from México City have their own ''accent'' but in this TN I hear everything very neutral...
Like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, maybe accents are in the ears of the listener, LOL!
 

I thought she thounded like she had a little bit of a lithp. Jutht a little. It'th very thubtle though.
 

Jessica is so annoying! At first I felt bad for her being demoted but after the first episode I started to hate her. How she thinks she's the sexiest thing ever, UGH. I want her to be fired.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder