Thursday, March 07, 2013

Por ella soy Eva #161 3/7/13: Who Can Say if I've Been Changed for the Better; Because I Knew You, I Have Been Changed for Good.


Lucia tells Helena that Pluto and Rebeca have been lovers, but Helena is acting like she's in a trance.  She dismisses it saying Plutarco is a man, and it's natural for men to be unfaithful.  Lucia screeches her disbelief.

Juan Carlos, behind prison glass, is upset to hear from Santiago that Helena plans to marry Plutarco, but is ecstatic when he hears that she is carrying a child from JC.  He excuses himself to walk two paces away and do the happy dance. Santi says Pluto want to take Helena out of the country.  JC excuses himself to walk two paces and mope briefly against the wall.  Desperate, JC tells Santiago he has to get out of prison.  Santiago loses all calm as he shouts at JC to calm himself.  JC excuses himself again to roll on the floor saying he wants his mommy.

The business associates of G.I. are scandalized by the video of Pluto and Rebeca in the jacuzzi  reenacting Disney characters in such a perverse manner, and they get up to leave.  Rebeca tries to stop them justifying that they're going to formalize their relationship soon, but the associates are having none of it.  Pluto is furious.  Rebeca tells him that now more than ever they have to marry, but Pluto shouts that he's never going to marry her.  He dismisses Renato, who says he'll be in his office, but Pluto is firing him!  Renato smiles and swoops up a water bottle in that symbolic gesture that Julie explained but whose meaning I've again forgotten.  Rebeca threatens Pluto with giving his fake passports to JC, unless he agrees to marry her.  He tells her she's playing with fire, and he looms in menacingly.  She back peddles, saying that instead of a fancy wedding she'll be happy with a simple one, say, 100 people or so.



Eugenia and Claudia visit JC in prison.  Claudia is fascinated by JC, and tells him she loves the fact that he dressed as a woman all for love.  JC confesses to her that he never liked being an only child and he's happy to now have a sister and brother.  JC says that he cannot permit Helena to marry Plutarco and leave the country with Lalito and their child to be.  Eugenia says that they had planned to come to this prison tomorrow to present the monologue she's been working on.  JC gets an idea, and Eugenia is the only one that can help him.

Plutarco is on the phone yelling at Onesimo, calling him an animal, an imbecile, because the video with which Rebeca has been threatening him still exists.  He orders Onesimo to follow Rebeca, get the passports, and kill her, because if he doesn't the one to die will be Onesimo.

Renato gathers up Lucia and Santiago to help him follow Rebeca, because he knows she's about to do something drastic.  The three of them cram themselves into Renato's tiny car, while Rebeca drives away in what looks like a spacious Hummer.  Renato gets a call and leaves the two of them to follow her.

Santiago and Lucia follow Rebeca to the post office.  Rebeca is again bothering the Virgin, and the postal worker asks why she's talking to herself.  She insults him dismissively, as she would any peon, and tells him that the only one beside herself who can pick up the documents she's depositing is her friend Angelica Ortega.  She leaves the post office and before she can get in her car a masked man snatches her purse.  She goes postal and shouts something about this being what's wrong with this country.  Lucia goes into the post office and passes herself off as Angelica and gets the passports.  When Helena dazedly calls her to ask where she went, Lucia tells her that she found some very important evidence against Plutarco.

Lucia has brought Helena the evidence, but when she goes looking in her purse the documents are gone!  Lucia is distraught.  Helena continues to act like she's in a fog.

Eugenia and Claudia enter the prison with all their theatrical gear- wardrobe, makeup, wigs- which the guards examine. 

Pluto is on the phone again insulting Onesimo.  He wants Onesimo to arrange to have JC "undone" in prison and he wants to know if he's taken care of Mimi.  Onesimo informs him that Mimi has disappeared.

Our heroine has returned!  Eva, dressed in a daring blue caftan, is at the prison entrance with a dozen other women all clamoring about their visitation (it's conjugal visitation day).  She is inciting them with her "Todas somos mexicanas" schtick.  She gets let through the gate.

Lucia, Fernando, Santiago, and Renato are huddled together at Lucia's place listening to Lucia bemoan the loss of crucial evidence, when who should appear but our heroine.  JC asks about Mimi but no one has seen her; Fernando tells him not to worry, he'll look for her. Renato offers to put JC up in his apartment.  JC asks Lucia to find Helena and arrange a meeting for him to speak to her.

Smug, smug Pluto is congratulating himself to someone we can't see at first.  Pluto says he likes the sensation of power. Then Pluto offers the company to Fairbanks!  He proceeds to insult everyone as he tells Fairbanks that The Playa Majagua project will go ahead without any interference from the rabid ecologists, and that his future wife Helena will smooth things over with the local "aborigines."  He talks about being the only heir to the company, and that Fairbanks will then be the only owner.  When Fairbanks asks why he'd give up a successful company, Pluto tells him, "For me this business represents many years of humiliation."

Onesimo is with one of his thugs who tells him JC has escaped from prison.  The thug also tells him that the purse he stole from Rebeca didn't have the documents.  Masked, the two of them enter the post office and have the postal worker ransack through the post boxes while Onesimo ineptly brandishes his gun.  Onesimo picks up a copy of the magazine "Cara," and says to himself "They got married?" in a surprised voice.  Pluto calls and shouts at him that he's useless when he hears they can't find the passports.  Onesimo patiently waits for Pluto to stop insulting him before he breaks the bad news... JC has escaped from prison.

Modesto, Renato, and JC are together.  Modesto asks JC if he knows what he's doing.  JC confidently states yes... more or less.  Modesto asks for JC's forgiveness for turning his back on him when he was first accused of the fraud; a father ought to always protect his sons.  All is forgiven and there's a big hug while Renato smiles looking on.  JC's makeup is making Modesto nervous.  He's the proud father of one gay son and one who's a cross-dresser.

Rebeca calls Angelica for support, but Angelica is too busy getting her nails done.  Angelica suggests Rebeca go back to how she used to survive.  "That was a long time ago," Rebeca snaps, "I was a kleptomaniac but I've been rehabilitated."  She hangs up on Angelica.

Pluto is unraveling.  Nicely dressed in one of his shiny silver shark suits, he is shouting on the phone at the prison officials for letting that infeliz Juan Carlos escape.  He talks to himself: "Relajete.  Tranquilo.  Tranquilo."  But Antonia's ghost appears at his desk to recriminate him.  An Evalette comes into his office and in his sour mood he fires her.

Lucia shows up at Helena's office to arrange a meeting with JC.  But she is stammering her way to get to it when Pluto enters and kicks her out.  Pluto says he is in danger because that criminal Juan Carlos has escaped from prison and Pluto is sure he wants vengeance.  He wants to hurry things along.  He gives Helena the keys to his house and tells her to meet him there.  Helena agrees, while Lucia listens from the door thinking she has lost her chance to get Helena to meet with JC.

Rebeca shows up at the post office and is upset to hear the place has been ransacked.  But her documents weren't stolen because her friend already picked them up.  Rebeca is concerned because Angelica is still in the United States.  Who could have them?

Plutarco fires yet another Evalette.  He's in Adriano's office and there's chanting outside the door.  "Justice.  Justice."  It's all the women he's fired and they're picketing Grupo Imperio.  He calls Modesto to move up the signing of the papers for his inheritance from Adriano.

Onesimo is waiting for Rebeca.  He still wants to run away with her and the 3 million dollars to the Bahamas.  She steals his pistol out of his jacket.  But instead of making him angry that only makes him love her more.

Pluto, Helena, and Modesto are in Pluto's house to sign the papers transferring Grupo Imperio over to Pluto.  But Modesto says that first Adriano left a video for them.  Modesto plays it and in it Adriano accuses Pluto of betraying him and Grupo Imperio.  Pluto turns it off before it can finish and dismisses it, but Helena, no longer in her trance, has more evidence against him.  She shoves the fake passports at him.  Pluto is nervous, but says this doesn't mean anything.  He manhandles Helena when Juan Carlos bursts into the room.  Pluto says he is going to make sure Modesto, Juan Carlos, and Helena go to prison for the fraud. Modesto says there is someone else to testify against him.  Pluto mocks him, but out steps Adriano looking healthier than ever.  Helena smiles, clearly having been part of this scheme to give Pluto enough rope to hang himself.  Juan looks dumbfounded.






Labels:


Comments:
hey y'all. I realize that with all the excitement people will want to talk about the show. So here's the place while I write up the recap.
 

Thanks, Bill.
I'm too incoherent to say much of anything yet, except for one thing:

I KNEW it! I just KNEW Pluti was working with Fairbanks from the beginning!!

And I was so happy to see Adriano again... NOT as a ghost!

Ah, that was two things. I guess I'm beginning to regain my senses.

One more: I liked how, even as Helena's charade became increasingly transparent, Pluto was too drunk with his own delusions of grandeur to notice.

I'm going to try to sleep now. I don't think I'll have any luck, but I'll need all the strength I can get for tomorrow's finale (and more snow-shoveling).

I'm looking forward to your recap, Bill. I think it would take me ten days to write up all the stuff that happened tonight!
 

One of the best things to happen this week--seeing Adriano appear from behind the wall in Pluti's apartment, ALIVE! I also enjoyed seeing Eva in action one last time and hearing Antonia give Pluti one more ghostly speech.

I'll probably wear a matronly silky shirt dress, with strands of pearls and heels, for the finale. That, and a big smile.

La Paloma
 

Looking forward to the recap Bill.

One of the best endings to an episode, ever! Loved seeing Adri looking so healthy and happy, and Pluti looking just the opposite. It was also funny to see JC looking so clueless after jumping to all the wrong conclusions about Helena.

Also, who knew that Helena had pickpocket skills?! I was SO mad at Lucia for losing those passports, and yet it was Helena all along who picked them off of Lucia. LOL! And she kept such a good poker face as Lucia searched for them frantically. Well played Helena.
 

Yeah! Yeah! Adriano is alive! That was the best scene of the night -- fit and fine and dapper Adri popped out with a big smile. Yeah!

Vivi, I didn't quite put the passport thing together. Thanks. And, yes, Juan Carlos just stood there looking like a putz when Helena & Adriano had everything in hand all along.

It was actually fun to see Pluti"s meltdown. Power trip. Firing everybody. And a very satisfactory visit from the ghost of Antonia. Very nice episode.

Thanks Ithabill for knowing that we'd all be chomping at the bit to crow (mixed metaphor there) about our beloved Adriano. So thanks for putting up the comment page early.

Güera
 

I loved JC's happy dance when he found out Helena was having his baby. You gotta love the guy's humor. That is why Helena must find a way to get back with him!! I love Helena's black shirt with the shoulder cuts. It's not something I would wear to work ...but it is something I would wear...on a a really good day....with a reinforced, support bra..... Very cool. Gertie
 

Thank you ithabill for this opportunity to comment - early - that is, for me watching this via Hulu and on Mountain time - I don't have access yet to the final episode, but I am excited and a bit sad to see this gran finale! I've been "lurking" on Caray/Caray and its been lots of fun, thanks! I hope upcoming shows are as good as PESE! All of you recappers and commentators have been great! I will start watch the finale after work tomorrow:-( Anne from Salt Lake City -- I had to try and not read the comments from this last episode, but I couldn't help but see that Adriano is still alive:-)! Yeah!
 

Aaa ah! The gun is shooting blanks like PLuty!! Actually it is getting jammed. I hope no one gets shot in this TN and that gun becomes nothing more than a harmless comic device that gets the baddies in even more trouble....!. Gertie
 

Cool. It just finished up here in LA....Adri's return was beautifully played by him!! Awesome teamwork by Helena, Adri, Modesto, and tomorrow, I hope we find out who else...I also hope we find out the details. Gertie
 

Bill: Can't wait to read your always wonderful recap.

So loved this epi with the anvil of doom just hovering over Pluti and Adri is alive, YAY, I am so with the rest of you. I loved that he is alive and happy.

Julie: You sure called it about Fairbanks, I was sooo suprised to see that. He and Pluti working hand in hand.

I like the sort of Scooby Doo gang of Santi, Lucia, and Fern working together, too funny. Also Renato is such a good guy. I like how the brothers are getting along.

Best part of the epi besides Adri being alive, Pluti with all the hovering anvils, was EVA, her temporary return so to speak. I have missed her. I too think I will dress sort of Eva like with pearls, kitten heels and a simple shirt waist dress with a small belt and pearl earrings, lol.
 

My favorite part was when Helena told off Pluto - "DID YOU REALLY BELIEVE...???!!!"

Will the 2-hour finale be from 7-9, or from 8-10?

 

Paula:

The two hour finale tomorrow night is from 8:00pm to 10:00 pm.
 

Bill: Thanks so much for this magnificient recap and all the wonderful screencaps. My favorites of of Eva of course and the one of Antonia!! It was so good to see her again!

JC in prison was funny when he was talking to Santi. I did like his happy dance, finding out he is going to be a Papa, but finding out Helena was gonna "marry" Pluti when he went to the wall and was talking to himself, it reminded me of a scene from "Fiddler on the Roof", when Tevya was talking to God about on the other hand, lol. The funniest thing was when he was on the floor calling for his Mami, too funny.

I can't wait now for the finale to find out how this whole TN ties together. Thanks again Bill for all your fantastic recaps and especially for this one : )
 

One last thing Bill: Loved your title for this recap the shout out to the musical "Wicked".
 

Bill, thank you so much for the detailed recap! There was more action than I could keep up with when I was watching.

Eva looked like Moammar Ghaddafi in that getup. Too funny.

Adri's reappearance was comic perfection.
 

Nice to see Adriano enjoy his return the living. He must have Mimi hidden away in some love nest. Now if only Onemiso could find a place for he and Rebecca. Anaheim maybe?

Those junior Scoobies are doing a fine job. Aside from losing evidence that is.

Getting my Eugenia turban ready for tomorrow. And if I can't get that to work, I have some backup string to tie around my head in honor of Claudia's transformation. Her being nice, not the whole back of Daniel's car thing. never mind. Surely youtube has turban instructions.

Kelly
 

Thank you, Ithabill for the detailed recap. I loved the title.
I knew it, knew it, knew it, Adriano wasn't dead. I too did the Juan Carlos happy dance when I saw Adriano.
I hope that Rebeca ends up with Oneismo because the more she denies him the more turned on he gets.

 

Ithabill -- the recap was great. I loved the screen shots and the title. Very apt use of one of my faves. That seems to be the theme of this show. So many have been changed for the better. -- and some just changed -- but for good. Pluti for example he's gone so far round the bend he's lost himself for good. Actually that holds true for the other villains too -- Rebecca & Onesimo have totally lost their cool. I had been hoping for that last pair to end up together but now that Onesimo is a murderer I guess he can't be rewarded

Güera
 

Bill, first of all thank you for your fantastic recap that didn't miss a thing!

I am so happy that there is a two hour finale so that all of the loose ends can be tied up and we will know what happened to everyone.

My favorite scene was Adriano walking out as the ghost of himself with his little song looking as happy as ever.

I also loved Rebecca lifting Onésimo's gun and finding out her nickname as a girl had been "silken hands" because of her "talent."

With Pluterco facing all of the evidence and testimony against him, I wonder who he will take down with him.

Onésimo sure seemed tired of listening to Pluterco in this episode. Will Onésimo finally get his chance with Rebecca in the finale? :)

Jarifa
 

Great job with the recap Bill. I love that you gave us so much detail and such great pics. Thanks for taking so much time on it, and for all your other fun recaps of this tn.

Maybe Helena and Rebe should team up with their pickpocket skills? :)


 

Guera, I just saw Wicked for the first time at the Landmark Theatre in Syracuse.

I also am holding out for a happy ending for Rebeca and Onesimo. Don't know why. They're both despicable (said like Sylvester), but nevertheless I'm fond of both of them.

Gracias a todos for letting me share this gran adventura with all of you. I've enjoyed cada paso.
 

Thanks for the recap, Bill! And the screenshots were, as always, perfect. I still can't figure out how you do that, but I love it.

I can't believe they gave us
Eva back again, even if only for a little while -- I replayed her speech at the jail several times just to hear her voice. And I can't believe people keep brandishing guns that don't go off -- my bingo square is still sadly empty.

My favorite part of last night's epi was when Renato was dragging Santi & Lucía out to the parking garage and had to interrupt Santi's celebration: "Don't dance! Don't dance!" And Renato's grabbing the water bottle was great -- like he was saying, "I'm the MAN!"
 

OMG, he really did look like Qaddaffi, Julia -- too funny.

I have my blazer, necktie and chic scarf set aside for my Renato costume -- I was going to top (bottom?) it off with Bermuda shorts & tennishoes a la Acapulco Tourism Conference, but it's too cold. I can't do a copete but will compensate with a particularly intense pout.
 

Tks Ithabill & to all the great recapping by all our fantastic recappers.

So happy Adriano is alive with his cute little eyes that don't quite line up.

Going to miss Eva, but at least we will have FC. The comedies are very good, Familia was entertaining & this one really good, hopefully Amor manda will be too. It's produced by Juan Osorio, he did Familia.
 

Bill, my water bottle symbolism theory about segregation and/or AIDS a few weeks ago was only a guess - and admittedly it was a US-centric guess that might make no sense for Mexico at all.

And the way Renato took the bottle last night, it really did seem more like running with the baton.

I won't be able to finish reading till later, but I'll thank you right now for the recap and always going the extra mile with the photos!
 

Just cked my TV guide for Mon. It shows Amor Manda at 7, Amor Ver at 8 & Amor Bravio at 9, noticias at 10. That doesn't sound right. Is Lagrimas finished? I know when the programs chg, it takes awhile for the guides to get the message, Comcrap still shows Por Ella on Mon.
 

WOOHOO!

Adriano was telling the truth a few capitulos back...everything will be fine.

There were so many excellent moments, all mentioned already.

The appearance of Adriano, looking "so fine" affirms my suspicion that he and Helena have come to understand why JC became Eva, and remember that they both love him, Adriano often said as much.

Julie, good on you for seeing Fairbanks as a set of bookends to the story.

Thanks, Bill, for bringing us closer to closure and such style.

Sue in Florida
 

The ad they ran during last night's epi said Amor Manda debuts Monday at 8/7 central. I hope that's true!
 

Variopinta:

Due to the coming time change Saturday night/Sunday morning, ya know setting your clock one hour ahead is the reason why your cable grid is reading the way it is. Once the time change goes into affect all the TN's are at their normal times : )
 

Bill: Rebeca "goes postal" outside the post office... hahahaha

When One's gun jammed and then he stuck it in his pants, I was SURE he was going to shoot himself by mistake!

For the first few minutes after this episode ended, I wondered if anything was left over for tonight. Duh! There was just so much to take in. There's still plenty left. Like the gun Rebe took out of One's pants without him noticing right away... Marcela's job offer... the resolution of Adriano/Mimi, JC/Helena, Santi/Lucia, etc... and maybe a little coda for Daniel. (Dan was to go to a military school abroad. How long do you think he'll stay out of trouble there?)

And of course, justice for Rebeca, Onesimo, and Pluto. I wonder, do they have any shiny or animal print jumpsuits at the prison?
 

I thought Onesimo was going to shoot himself, too, the way he was handling that gun.

Isn't JC just going to be in way bigger trouble now for having escaped from prison? How on earth did he get into the Eva gear and slip into the group of visitors unnoticed?
 

Julia, I'm assuming his Mom left it for him somewhere...guess the guards didn't count the wigs on the way in!
 

What I still can't figure out is how Helena got the passports. Did Lucía just drop them somewhere by accident, and Helena picked them up?
 

That's a good one, Julie. Pluterco and Rebecca will surely be missing their special "looks" in the big house!

Jarifa
 

Thank you for the recap Bill, and all your recaps through the weeks. I'm so glad I "twisted your arm" into recapping because I enjoy your recaps so much!

I think for tonight's show, with a nod to Marcella and Fernando, I'll sit down with a big plate of chiliquiles, or at the very least, loaded nachos. And maybe just maybe, my choice will be reflected somewhere in the show, with Fernando cooking up a storm in some Miami taqueria.
 

I'm confused about the passports too. Did we all blink at the same time and miss where Helena somehow already knows the passports are in Lucia's purse and takes them out without Lucia knowing??

Maybe someone else (who we didn't know was in on this) snuck them away from Lucia and gave them to Helena first?

I was also confused about Juan's escape - how he got to the outfit, how he put it on without anyone seeing, and how this doesn't just get him into a lot more trouble.

Maybe it will all be explained tonight. It does seem as though there's some key piece of information missing.
 

ithabill...thank you so much for the quick turnaround and such a perfect re-cap...photos and all. Also, I'm so grateful for all of you wise folks who figured out Adriano was not dead! I was distraught much of this week...but now, so very happy. Can't wait to see how Pluti meets his demise. This novela has been so great...perhaps my all-time favorite. And all the recappers and commentators have been brilliant!
 

It does feel as though parts of the story have been edited out this week:
how Helena got the passports...
how Eugenia got Eva's clothes to JC...
how JC got dressed and escaped from jail...
why would Rebe allow Angela access to the passports when she is in LA?

Sue in Florida
 

Bill, I so enjoyed this recap especially with the screen grabs! I can tell you enjoy writing these as much as we enjoy reading them. So thank you for the wonderful work that went into this! Thanks also for capturing a photo of "Kadafi-Eva" too. What a crack up Julia...that's exactly what she looks like. She is ridiculously tall and with that turban she was hilariously scary.

Liked the way Bill described Helena as being in a trance and then snapping out of it when she whipped out the passports. The Stepford-wife Helena scared me a little but now I see that she was playing her role in Adri's sting operation.

Very brave of Helena to do that...putting herself in danger to get the evidence they needed to put PLuty away. I don't think she really knows how much danger. Only Onesimo seems to know how dangerous PLuty really is.

Another interesting thing about the Hlena character is that she had to do a bit of lying in front of her colleagues and we know how she feels about lying. Maybe it was less lying and more passivity on Helena's part...for example when Marci and Lucia were expecting her to call PLuty on his sh** and Helena didn't do it. Gertie
 

Sue, Rebeca gave Angelica access to the PO box in case Pluto killed her, with instructions to send it all to JC and the police. She wanted some insurance. I watched again the scene with Helena and Lucia, specifically looking for some sign on her face that she had taken the passports. But she had that same dumbed down Stepford (thanks, Gertie, that was spot on) expression even when Lucia was out of the room.

Paula, thank you for encouraging me to recap. I had so much fun with it. And it gave my friends one more reason to think me peculiar!
 

This morning my husband and I are still trying to sort out something from Rebe's conversation with Angelica. I think Angelica said something about "manitas de seda" and we're wondering if that was in reference to Rebe being a sort of pickpocket as evidenced in the way she obtained One's gun???
 

Sure was. "manitas de seda" are silken hands or hands of silk--Rebecca was known for her light touch.

Jarifa
 

Oh, and I forgot to mention that every time anyone refers to the infamous three million dollars, my captions say, "Tres melones!" And it cracks me up EVERY TIME. :D
 

The "manitas de seda" sounds a lot like a favorite dicho which also applies to Rebeca, spot on! I don't know whether that was intentional.

Aunque la mona se vista de seda, mona se queda.
Even though the monkey dresses in silk, he's still a monkey.

 

I thought "tres melones" was Onesimo's naco speak. It seemed P. and Rebe were often correcting his pronunciations.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder