Monday, July 29, 2013

PEAM #100 - 07/29/13 - Super Charged? or Super Silly?

Perhaps the Electricity We Hoped for with Jesús and Alma is seen here in the recent Albuquerque weather events!!

We look forward to the sweets that Alma has prepared for Jesús and the silliness to follow with Yuri, et.al.

Refrito: Pati does search about her dates and data of impregnation,
Elias and Vero argue, about the car, the child, the divorce, what else is new.

Pati and Cantú exchange fake pleasantries. Julio and Cardenas argue about his comportment regarding his BOSS Fernando resulting in the depressed Julio leaving in a huff of humiliation.  Jesica can't believe that the fight is over Xochi and not her! She questions, "Fernando, what does he see in the glassy eyed one??"

Alma and Valentina and Jesus arrive and Valentina calls her AMIGA she also compares Alma to the princess of Valentina's story with her Papi Jesús and when Rogelio arrives just in time to see Alma and Jesús kissing, Valentina calls him a gruñion (yep, you guessed it, GRUMPY) and Rogelio takes over the scene with his return to total power which no one can deny. Fernando and Xochi discuss and shyly flirt in his office.  All the new and old secretaries are in line to greet the returning Jefe.

In Fernando's office the brothers do a jumping, screaming silly routine.  All of a sudden, Rogelio gets serious and wonders why Jesus isn't dead yet. All he wants is HIS Alma back.


Xochi asks Jesus con mucho nervios.  She begins stuttering and Jesus ushers Xochi into the office of Alma.  She sputters about Natasha, and her fracaso (failure, disappointment) and with a barrage of giggles she wants to know if she is being considered for the post of secretary. Alma calmly assures her that of course she is, and Xochi is beside herself as usual.

Rogelio tells Fernando that he has the ultimate plan.

Alma wants to know if Jesús can work late and he tells her he will talk with Elias to be sure Valentina is taken care of so for certain he can help her with this WORK.

Rogelio insults Fernando that he has this master plan and needs wharevah.  He wants Alma back and the old plan to be resurrected but Fernando stands his ground pretty well, wharevah that ground is…

Elias tells Veronica that he wants Valentina permanently and she only wants that he give her the HOUSE.  She challenges him that access to Valentina must be worth more than his house to him...

Jesus, Valentina and Alma are chatting when Rogelio approaches and wants Alma in his office.  He wants her to tell him all that has happened while he was away and she says she cannot take time until tomorrow, she has to leave and she does while his curls wiggle in the wind.

Xochi talks to Cardenas and Ricardo approaches Maricela with a gift of music which she doesn't appreciate until it makes her dance inspire of herself.

Yuri in six pack abs and large towel answers his phone all wet for our viewing pleasure (as long as your beanie is strapped on tight) and makes plan to see Malvino and his henchman to discuss Picallili plans for Chucho.

Jesus shows up at Alma's door and finds a STAR with his name on it.  The door is unlocked, entering he finds a pathway of candles, he approaches the table and finds all the appetizers and sushi he could want with tiered plates of sweets and the BIG SWEET in the corner welcoming him in.  She has put on a private light show in her personal astroplane that flashes love for Jesus and the stars revolve.

The kissing transits the ads break and then we are rudely dumped into the car of the newest forward observers

Xochi and Fernando have an almost romantic see you tomorrow observed by Susana and Panfilo and we switch to Chatita looking into her well stocked refrigadora with the milk labels blurred like so many sexy bits.  Her little nephew shows up and tells her that the bounty was delivered by Alma and Jesus.

In the hospital the sillies and the well endowed horsey laughing one visit Señor Gomez (Gilberto) in his hospital bed. The monitors are all humming from hotness and humor when the doctor enters to remind them that Gomez really is a patient.

Paticake continúes to discover from her internet searching on the laptop how to act during her pregnancy with no alcohol, yaddah, yaddah as she runs into Rogelio so she switches to probing his vitamin intake to assess his readiness to spermdonate her intended surprise baby.  He wants whiskey, and thinks she is neurotic, she stutters that she is …. preggers, er she means anxious.  The clothes come off aimed at various furniture so it is clear he isn't picking up on any intentions of Patymelt who always, always knows how to distract him from thinking.

We occasionally see the perps (Malvino, et.al.) in the car down below Alma's penthouse on the street arguing over what happens next.

Jesus and Alma relax in what I assume is post-coital matching terry robes with matching trim, so cute.  They play that game of: I remember when you did something so sexy to get my attention. They pledge mutual love and happiness is theirs. For the moment at least.

Xochi shows up at a door and yells for Julio to open up.

Chatita calls Jesus not wanting to interrupt but with the earth shaking news that her refrigerator is full of mysterious food.  Jesus is able to tell her that he and Alma were the elves that filled her larder.  She talks to Alma and thanks them so finally, they get back to the big cuddle.

Panfilo is in Susana's apartment.  For what reason?

Xochi calls Ricardo to search for Julio who is still in the hospital and thinks Julio wants to be alone when Julio suddenly opens his door.  He is irritated about why she is there but she whines that she only wants to know how he is.  He doesn't let her off the hook but tells her straight out that he is depressed because she raised his hopes that he could be with her and now he can't because of her relationship with Jefe Fernando.  And her guilt is just hers to deal with. Nicely put, Julio, you are quite right.

Meanwhile Maricela is dancing by herself to loud music, the new disco, in her new digs when a neighbor comes to the door to complain and claims to be the niece of the Queen of England so she should turn down the music!! Tout Suite!!

Susana is pressing her case with Panfilo but he is remembering Chatita telling him to choose.  He suddenly says to Susana that he is worried about Chatita and leaves Susana sputtering.  End of AARP segment, I guess…

Last moments: Patimelt wakes up in Rogelio's bed trying to keep any sperm donation inside so she stands on her head against the wall.  Rogelio wakes up astonished and confused and she falls over onto the floor hoping the head stand lasted long enough.

At the palatial estates of Elias, he talks to Veronica, and tells her that he will give her the house in exchange for unlimited access to staying with Valentina. Veronica congratulates herself on such a good deal and she only wants Jesús anyway.

Chatita greets an solicitor who brings an embargo and what more for the apartment of Jesús.  Her able response is to wrap him in a sheet and usher him into her apartment where she bobs him repeatedly with a chamber pot.

Next time: Jesus is concerned with Chatita's chamber pot bobbing and Yuri is ready to hurt flowers this time to advance his plans of revenge on Jesús. His minions quake in fear of the damage to delicate blooms…

Labels:


Comments:
Cheryl, thanks for the super quick but complete recap and the wonderful photo illustration.

I didn't like :
Vero trading visitation for the house. How many ways can we say blackmail?

Xochi's screeching and stuttering.

I did like:
Panfilo leaving Susana for Chatita.

Paty standing on her head.

Alma's star show customized for Jesus.

Jarifa
 

Thanks Jarifa, I guess we have to wait a day or too for Yuri to execute his grand scheme and for Rogelio to launch his too. Meanwhile, Alma is sweet and Vero is a monster and Xochi makes me crazy with her tentativeness and Pati is treading on such dangerous ground. Susana and Chatita ought to both run the other way. I fear Panfilo will be a care burden before very long and so not so cute to either one of the ladies.
 

Wow, what an exciting picture! Just beautiful; thanks for sharing.

Cheryl, you are so speedy with your recap that PEAM hasn't even aired in my region yet. Sounds like lots of fun stuff happens tonight. I can't wait to see Patimelt standing on her head. That girl is certainly energetic.

I hope Jesus converts Uri to the good side soon, I'm kind of tired his picadillo/piccalilli rants. But I'll never tire of your most excellent recaps!
 

I meant a day or "Two" . I wish we had an easier way to edit on this blog.
 

Cheryl, I like the term "care burden". I have never heard it before and I fear you are right in terms of Panfilo. I also am not looking forward to Yuri and his revenge plans. Oh well on to the next episode!

Jarifa
 

So nice to see you back on the blog, Sylvia after your exciting sailing adventures this year. I am definitely going for speed these days and feel sometimes I do a better job going fast than worrying and wringing my hands over a recap for hours like I did in the beginning. It is more fun too!

Thanks for your kind words.
 

Thank you Cheryl for the photos. Wow!!! You can't mess with Mother Nature.
Not an exciting episode at all but as the title states Super Silly. I'm surprised that you got this one I usually get the fillers. Yawn. ;-)
Panfilo is now acting like a player, playing both of those babes. I'm not sure of he is a player or just afraid of Chatita.
I was disappointed with the final scene with Chatita and the banker. I thought that Jesus had straightened out the apartment situation, did Alma buy the apartment for him or maybe I'm wrong. He furnished it and I want to believe that there was a mix up at the bank and that Jesus was not a squatter.
 

Oops, sorry, if Panfilo is not of.
 

Cheryl, thank you for the reminder that the "quick and dirty" recaps are usually the best. I'll try to remember that when I recap Wed's ep of La Tempestad. I'm a little rusty.
 

Cheryl:

Thanks so much for this fab recap. If I could manage to cut my recaps down I would ; )

Loved the little romantic evening that Chucho and Alma had. How sweet.

I wonder if Rogue's "brilliant" plan is going to blow up in his face? I really hope it does.

Malvino following Chucho around is not going to be good, but then again, they tried to beat Chucho up before and failed big time.

I really think Xochi felt bad about what happened with Julio. About Xochi she is already a secretary, it might be that she is getting another type of promotion. Like Admin assistant or something. She is so very smart, maybe not about men, but she is with tidbits of knowledge. I hope she gets the promotion.
 

Cheryl thanks so much for your recap. You did a great job with bad material. And yes poor Panfilo does look to become a care burden. Poor Susana is 0 for 3 with her men as Sebastard and her former husband were not healthy either.

Wow just when I don't think Vero can't go any lower, she wants to manipulate Eli using her daughter again to get the house. Unless she really changes (like my man Salsero on AV), she needs to get her mommy-card revoked. And her continued delusions about Chucho are tiresome.

Add me to the list of those who thought that Chucho had dealt with his apt. But let's just add this to the list of bad things that could happen to our poor protagonist.
 

Oopsie, my dense comment about "quick and dirty" is definitely NOT a negative review of all the thorough, detailed and superb long recaps, because I love love LOVE the detail. Just wanted to clear the air here. Mads, I know what you mean about self-editing. It's not easy.
 

Thanks Cheryl. Beautiful, scary pics of the lightning show over town. I love watching those type events (from the safety of my home!), we had one not too long ago here in NE Ohio.

Kind of ambivalent about last night's episode. Guess I take some different sides on a few of the scenes.
I sort of found the prolonged "love" scenes with Chalma sort of Meh after awhile. Started cute, cut too short when it got actually romantic, then the reminiscing was like WTH? (Catch up for new viewers?)Could have cut some of that.

Then Julio - see, I'm not liking this attitude of his towards Xochi. She did go out with him and that raised his hopes that there might be something, but when he got serious oh so fast, she was honest and said she didn''t feel the same. Ah, sometimes you date with the idea of finding out if someone is for you! It's not always love at first site. I just think his righteous indignation is a bit much and he should know her well enough to know she isn't a Maricela or a vixen. He needs to get a grip. She gets enough grief from her mother.

I also take issue that suddenly we have the sniveling, shy Xochi back. WTH? again. She was all confident days ago. Feeling something for Ferny shouldn't do that--her giggle thing with Alma was totally out of where the character was at. Bring her back.

As to Vero--scum would be a step up for her. If I were the pond, I would tell her to go elsewhere with her awfulness. Using her daughter again! And she wonders why her daughter would rather stay with her Dads? Instead of wearing roadkill, I was she was one.

After all this time we have the apartment at risk? Hello? Buy furniture but never pay for where you're living? This should be interesting...or really stupid.

Daisynjay
 

I just love those pics Cheryl. I've never seen anything like that in real life.

Many thanks for the recap. I loved all the food Alma laid out. Wonder if they ate any of it? I would have preferred seeing them dig into that food, than take that boring trip down memory lane.

Daisy- ITA with all you said. Xochi shouldn't feel guilty, but she also shouldn't expect Julio to get over it instantly either. Julio is being over the top in his reaction. She's just not that into you. You can't blame her for that.
 

Almost caught up...!

Cheryl, I know what you mean about the "quick & dirties" vs. the "long & detailed." Both are wonderful in their ways. I'm glad we have a nice mix here.

Mads, thanks for the heads-up on the dance scene last Friday -- I wouldn't have missed that for the world! I think Genoveva was speaking with a Puerto Rican accent, but I'm not sure why.
 

And I'm glad we got our peppy song back, at least for a few episodes. It gets me in the right mood!
 

Cheryl, you always have the most gorgeous photos. Thank you for sharing them.

I still need to catch up on this one, but just finished Madelaine's weekend recap. Thanks, Madelaine.

Did anyone else notice what was on the big TV at the bar where Vero and Rogue were dancing Friday night? What we heard was our theme song, but on the TV screen in the background I could clearly see that the video was Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up." The Rickroll!!
 

Fabulous photos Cheryl. I never get tired of seeing your work. Hope you will always post something.

Lots of cute descriptions but my faves were:

[Julie} leving in a "huff of humiliation"

and describing Alma as the Big Sweet. Yes, she's a great big tall hunk of sweet. Just about has me in a diabetic coma sometimes. But pretty. Definitely pretty.

Wanted to strangle Vero last night for her crass blackmail of Elias. Right now she qualifies for Susanlynn's Waste of Oxygen award.

I miss those fabulous New Mexico skies Cheryl (lived in Albuquerque one summer back in the 60's) so extra thanks for those photos.
 

I got a kick out of "milk labels blurred like so many sexy bits." That's just what I thought of! I wonder if that was the same LaLa milk we saw countless times in PESE.

I was quite surprised (OK, maybe not) at Marisela being rude to her neighbor. Has Mari given any thought about returning to the cardboard shack? Because it's probably much easier and quicker to evict someone in fiction than it is in real life.

I keep wondering, why does Chatita always happen to have a chamber pot handy?

Regarding Xochi's nervous giggling - she was asking to be promoted to the position left open by Gilberto's unwilling retirement. I didn't her giggling problematic at all. If she had NOT been asking for something, THAT would have been a return to the Old Xochi; but in this case she wasn't being timid. She was actually being very forward. That's hard to do and I can forgive a few giggles for that!

I do think that Julio is overreacting. People like who they like, and they don't always like on the same timetable. Sometimes that hurts, but Julio is only hurting himself more.

As for recap length, I don't seem to have much control. Some nights I'm able to do a broad and concise recaps, but other nights I'm super-focused on every detail and am too wordy. I've never been able to figure out why. Mood? Diet? Phase of the moon? But the short ones usually are better, unless I've got a special "theme" going on or something like that.
 

The "theme" recaps are really, really fun -- but imagine if you had to come up with one every time!
 

I like all the different types of recaps. I'm glad we have variety. But my preferences are the detailed ones, because my Spanish still isn't good and I don't want to miss a thing.

I agree that Xochi did not lead Julio on. However, Xochi needs to remember back to how she felt when Jesus dumped her (and he did lead her on).

Once, when I was a kid, we were coming back from a visit at my aunt and uncle's northern Indiana lake cabin and we encountered the most beautiful lightening show I'd ever seen, It was lightening criss crossing the entire sky. I love storms (though not the damage they do). We don't get them here in So Cal--not like that. Thanks, Cheryl for the awesome pics.

Vero sucks swamp water. What a piece of work.

OT: watched the first half of LT last night. Within the first five minutes, saw four actors from AB: Dio, Ximena, Luzma and Amanda.

Nanette
 

AB actors: Cesar Evora, Mariana Van Rankin, Laura Carmine and Maria Sorte.
 

I was watching the last part of an episode of NCIS: Los Angeles the other night while waiting for MANDA, and the plot centered on an assassination plot against a Venezuelan politician -- he turned out to be none other than Big Ed Yanez! What a kick!
 

Thanks, Cheryl!

I thought Alma said that Xochi was being considered for the position Gil is unwillingly vacating. I'm not sure what exactly the job is, but I'm sure Xochi can do it better.

So Alma's Grand Surprise was a truckload of candles? Pretty, but snooze.

I was appalled by Marisnotty's behavior to her new neighbor. Leave it to Mari to kick a gift horse in the nuts. Why can't she just appreciate her new home and act decent?

Uri is boring me, all talk and no action, but he did inspire me to make peppers stuffed with picadillo, and it was delicious.

Vero is the worst. If Elias cedes the house, he should demand sole custody and termination of Vero's parental rights in exchange.
 

Xochitl's giggles were a nervous reaction to being in an unusual (for her) situation - asking for something for herself (Don Gil's position). She even muttered to herself that she thought Natasha would've helped her, so it was perfectly fine that she acted that way. Natasha HAS helped her, but it's a process and she's got a way to go to reach her full confidence potential.

Also, I also agree that Julio's reaction to her is over the top and uncalled for. She has nothing to feel guilty about, but she is a sensitive soul and feels for him. She told him from the beginning that she didn't feel the same for him. Even when she agreed to go out with him, she made it clear that it might not work and she may not ever reciprocate his feelings and he was all, "that's fine, I just want the opportunity." Well, opportunity this, Julio! LOL
 

Oops, I failed to give credit for these Weather Photos. Alas, they are NOT mine. I was in Wyoming when this happened in Albuquerque.

Thanks for filling in the detail that Xochi is trying for Gil's position. I would say an opportunity to use her brains, although he rarely did.
 

I wonder if Xochi will do a makeover when she gets the new job and doesn't have to wear a uniform anymore.

If Julio quit, there's a second vacancy in that department, right? Who will get it? Chucho? Introduction of a new character?
 

If Jesus decides not to take the Orion job, he could have Gil's job and Xochi could take over as Alma's PA.
 

But Xochi's been at the company longer, so if their qualifications are equal or similar, then Xochi should get first dibs on a promotion.
 

Not that these telenovelas ever follow proper hiring protocol, LOL! It's funny that Jesus doesn't seem interested in the position. Guess he's only got eyes for Alma right now.
 

But Jesus has the degree in finance. That would make a difference, I would think.
 

I think not too long ago Jesus actually reviewed one of Gil's reports and made corrections. He's probably overqualified for the job... but he's even more overqualified for the job he has now!
 

Oh right. I forgot that Jesus is actually degreed. I take it Xochi is not?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder