Wednesday, August 07, 2013

PEAM, Tuesday 8/6/13 (#106): Mouse Chase

Hey amiggies, I just got home from Six Flags and boy is my neck tired. We stayed a LOT later than I expected and I haven't even seen the episode yet and there is a good chance I won't be able to stay awake through the whole thing. (Also, my Internet connection appears to be constipated.)

BUT... commenters save the day! (Again)

Extra thanks to all who commented with details of the show. I've done my best to meld them all together into a coherent summary. If I have made a mess of it, please refer to comments below for the original, unmessed contributions!

Vero's visit and obnoxious outburst pushes Chucho over the edge. That gets his brain cells firing, finally. He pulls Aida into the closet and spills his guts about his Yuri problem.

Delia's cell phone is lying on her desk in her empty office. (This is not like Delia at all!) Aida calls and leaves Delia a detailed message about what's going on.

Next, Aida calls Alma and tells her that Chucho is very in love with her, and that he is in danger.

Alma, Elias, and Chatita (with help from Ray) figure out Jesus must be under threat from Yuri. Alma determines that everyone that Chucho cares about is in danger.

Vero tries to slime on Chucho again but he tells her to get out of his office and she says he isn't legally her father (that's Elias) and therefore has no rights. Meaning, it's up to Vero if he can see Val. (All Chucho has to do is get a DNA test and then Vero hasn't a leg to stand on.) He does not take the bait, tells her he will never love her, and has Aida drag her out of the office.

But before Vero leaves, Chucho begs her to take extra care of Val. Something in his voice or manner makes Vero believe that Val is in danger. She expresses these worries to Elias, adding to his certainty that Jesus is being threatened.

Meanwhile... Patymelt has turned into some sort of Mata Hari to try to get info out of Rogue. She's telling herself she's doing it for Alma, but it's still very self-serving. That's our Patymelt.

Elsewhere...

Fernando enlists Alejandra's help to create the perfect romantic setting for Xochi, and confesses he's never done the deed. Ale is shocked, but advises him to get rid of that silly mannequin (yay); speak with sincerity; dress well; smell good; and provide good food and wine, with flowers and candles.

Xochi asks Susana and Mari for advice about Fernando. Sue says that if Xochi loves Fernando and he loves her, then it will all work out in the lovemaking.

Sue and Mari are skeptical that Fer's love is sincere, but Xochi is sure of his love - until she arrives at his apartment and sees Ale exiting it. Tonight we'll see if this becomes a huge misunderstanding that breaks them up, or if Xochi will believe the truth.

Also:
Rico Suave (Ricardo) gives Mari a white chocolate covered strawberry with Mari's name on it.

Yuri Skypes with Chucho.

Next time: Valentina may be in harm's way again. OR IS SHE??

...........................

About the recap title: "Mouse Chase" is the original name of a roller coaster that is now known as Gotham City Gauntlet: Escape from Arkham Asylum. (It's a mouthful.) I figured odds are that someone was chasing someone in tonight's episode.

The ride itself is apparently known as a "wild mouse" coaster. I'd seen them before but never gone on any, thinking they looked really boring. Well, today I learned a lot about amusement park rides: looks can be deceiving. The big, sexy, huge twisty metal coasters give a wonderful fun ride after a really long wait, but you can practically walk right onto this relatively flat and innocuous-looking coaster with almost no waiting. And then you really get the crap scared out of you. It is awesome.

I wasn't planning on writing a mini-essay about roller coasters tonight, especially in lieu of a recap - but the surprise of a deceptive appearance is a major theme in this TN (and many others). You never know what terrors are lurking behind a pleasant face and nice manners. You never know when a Xochi will turn out to be a Natasha, or when a Dr. Marta will turn out to be a Dr. Loca. You'll wait for a long time to get near someone that looks really fantastic, and find out later that another, relatively plain-looking person is a diamond in the rough or a treasure in disguise. And you don't have to wait in a line or jump through hoops to get their attention, because you're the one they've been waiting for. All you have to do is show up.

(I realize that in order for this to work, you have to ignore Blanca Soto and Fernando Colunga. I also realize that it sounds as though I want to marry that roller coaster.)

Labels:


Comments:
Julie:

I hope you had a marvelous time and I hope your neck gets better.

Here is some of what happened.

Aida calls Delia and leaves her a voice mail, then she calls Alma and tells her that Chucho is very in love with her and he is in danger.

Alma figures out it is Yuri Petrovsky with a bit of help from Chatita and Elias and Alma determines that everyone close to Chucho that he cares about is in danger.

Vero tries to slime on Chucho again but he tells her to get out of his office and she tries to tell him that Valentina isn't really his. He doesn't believe her.

Ferny goes to Alejandra for advice about seduction I think. She kind of figures out he has never "done it" with a woman.

Rico Suave (Ricardo) gives Mari a white chocolate covered strawberry with Mari's name on it.

I'll let someone else comment on the rest. That is basically the high points I think. Except Yuri was on the Skype with Chucho.
 

Thank you, Mads!! Grr - in the time it took me to get back online I probably could have watched the episode! But I was too busy rebooting everything in sight to restore my connection. It's still kind of iffy. Has been since yesterday. Thanks AGAIN, Comcast.

So already Alma has figured out about Yuri. Too bad she wasn't this perceptive when she was with Rogelio!

What is it with Chucho's constant parade of visitors at work? What company allows this??
 

OK Pablo, I am not going to congratulate you on a great recap, because it wasn't good at all. This was a pretty good episode with lots going on. I really despise Uri for what he is doing to Jesus, but I amcertain he will get what nhe deserves in the end!
 

Julie, I rather liked your mini-essay on roller coasters. I am a real roller coaster fan and enjoy going to the boardwalk for 1907 nights, all rides $1, so I can ride the Giant Dipper over and over. There used to be a Wild Mouse ride and it was a true neck-snapper. I also like the free-fall rides (Double Shot, Drop Zone, etc.).

I think a Mouse Chase describes this telenovela perfectly.

I believe Mads got all the high points. Thank goodness Jesus finally pulled Aida into the closet and spilled his guts about his Yuri problem. I think Vero's visit and obnoxious outburst pushed him over the edge. She really is a harpy.

I like how Patymelt has turned into some sort of Mata Hari to try to get info out of Rogue. I think she's telling herself she's doing it for Alma, and she might be, but it's still very self-serving. That's our Patymelt.

I saw an interview with Marco Corleone (Yuri) and he said he and FC did all their own stunts for the confrontational scenes. Marco is a luchador (as we know), but he said FC is also very athletic and was keen to do the scenes himself, sans stunt double.
 

Let's see, stay late on a fun day out or watch a crazy TN...yep, you picked right and glad you had a wonderful time! Trust me, didn't miss much except that Chucho finally got the brain cells firing and told someone, thankfully it's Aida, what is going on. Could have saved himself a lot of anguish ( as from the previews, some major ugliness) if he just had told Delia in the first place.

I know we keep saying Vero is beyond the pale, but I swear, she continues to amaze at the depths she will go to for her own self-serving. I cut Patimelt slack more because she knows she has issues, and maybe now she may want to make some sort of amends ( and admittedly get something out of it.) Vero has no clue what a cretin she is and once again, it's using her daughter as the tool. just want something to hit her between the eyes...maybe one of those handy TN anvils.

Not sure I'm up for what we saw in previews last night. Glad they are wrapping this up ( hopefully), but it's going to be beanie imploding I'm betting.

Daisynjay
 

Julie- I'm glad you had a good yesterday. I love rollercoasters, and yes, those mouse chase rides are deceptively simple looking.

Last night we finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel when Alma, Elias, and Chatita with help from Ray, figured out Jesus must be under threat from Yuri. And the Aida called Alma to fill in the details with what Jesus confessed to her.

They are using a silly plot device by having Delia never be by her cell phone. We saw it lying on her desk in her empty office when Aida called. This is not like Delia at all, but it heightens and prolongs the drama. But Aida left her a detailed message about what's going on.

Vero was at her worst, as mentioned. She didn't say Jesus isn't the father of Val. She said he isn't legally her father (that's Elias) and therefore has no rights. Meaning, it's up to Vero if he can see Val. Jesus did not take the bait, told her he will never love her, had Aida drag her out of the office, but before she left he begged her to take extra care of Val in a way that made Vero believe that Val is in danger. She expressed these worries to Elias, which added to his certainty that Jesus is being threatened.
 

Fern enlisted the help of Alejandra to create the perfect romantic setting for Xochi, and confessed he's never done the deed. Ale was shocked but her advice included: getting rid of that silly mannequin (yay); speaking with sincerity; dressing well and smelling good; good food and wine; flowers and candles. Xochi sought advice from Susana and Mari and Sue basically said that if she loves him, and he loves her, then it will all work out in the lovemaking. But they were skeptical that Fer's love is sincere. Xochi was sure of his love...that is, until she arrived to his apartment and found Ale exiting it. Tonight we'll see if this becomes a huge misunderstanding that breaks them up, or if Xochi will believe the truth.
 

Julie, it sounds Ike you had a great time and that is a very good thing!! I too think "Mouse Chase" is a great title for this episode with Alma and Elias chasing around trying to find out what is going on with Jesus and the big rat Uri and his crew doing their own scurrying.

I liked Jesus saying that he thought of Chatita as a mother.
I knew I liked Aida from the start. She actually works and acts her age. It looks like the Uri plot line could be ending soon. Poor Valentina! From the promos it looks she is in harm's way again. Fernando and Xochi should provide some good laughs---I hope.

Jarifa
 

Julie:

I really liked your essay! I used to like rollercoasters but not so much anymore : )

Vivi:

Thanks for the Vero correction. Even if he has no "rights" cause Elias is listed as the legal father, all Chucho has to do is get a DNA test and then Vero hasn't a leg to stand on. I really hope he does that so Vero can't ban him from seeing Valentina.

Cap'n:

That's what I thought about Patymelt too, being Mata Hari, lol.
 

Julie, Thanks for putting up a discission post and thanks to Mads, Vivi, Cap'n, Daisyinjay, Jarifa for fleshing out the major information. Scornell1, Pablo's day is Wednesday so I hope we get to hear from him on tonight's episode. It's good to ride Mouse rides sometimes and this episode although revealing some pivotal information was not so earthshaking as some. I hope your neck is okay today and you mostly remember having fun!

The light at the end of the the Yuri tunnel seems to be Chucho getting back his groove. Whew! This has been uncomfortable watching the days of wuss.

I love Aida and her clear headed approach. Suddenly Alma uses her brain and Elias is clear that his bromance with Chucho is like brothers. Delia can show up with hand cuffs and we can move on... Please. But Veronica has definitely stepped into loco land. I can't wait for her to get entangled with Rogelio and get caught by Pati the luchadora.
 

Thank you, everyone, for pitching in when I had a big fail for the second week in a row! I will try consolidate this stuff together later on today so that we'll have a summary that we can go back and refer to later (you know, because it's such a complex plot to keep track of!).

My neck is fine now and the spinning has finally stopped. But I am now behind because I still haven't seen the episode yet nor even read Cheryl's recap for Monday.

It shouldn't matter whether Delia is in her office or not because she should be able to check her voicemail wherever she is, unless she's unconscious in a ditch or something. (Maybe Dr. Loca has her! That would be the perfect blending of two very stupid and annoying storylines.)

Thank goodness for Aida. Not only is she helping Chucho, she's bringing a dumb subplot to an end. It is nice, in comedies, that the irritating crises usually blow over pretty quickly.
 

Julie, I had forgotten about the Wild Mouse ride. We rode one at a park in Montreal waaaaay back when we went up there for Expo '67. (Yep, I'm old...) That was the best ride I had ever ridden, scary as all get out.

I too am hoping Delia gets the message and cooks Uri's goose. He's pretty ok to look at but when even I am aggravated by an accent it must be pretty bad.
 

Well, I am hoping for a conclusion to the Uri probably with chatita throwing a sheet over the big wrassler and knocking him around with one of her pots.

I'll point at my watch and say what time is it? Time to end this nonsense with Chucho/Alma breakup.
 

Great tie in with your day of fun! I must say I enjoy my mouse chases on the TV rather than snapping my old neck and eardrums around. I always enjoy the way you wrap up juarever shows up on the TN.
 

Great "save" Julie, finding a theme for this comedic mess all while dealing with Comcast problems and a sore neck.

At this point I'm only watching so I can talk about it with my Colombian friend who also watches. And because I like the group here.

I guess disgusting Vero will finally be redeemed because we can't have Valentina without her biological mom My hope is that she realizes, however late in the game, that Elias is a good man and that she'll endeavor to earn back his trust and love.

In the meantime, practicing recognizing preterit, imperfect, conditional, future and conditional verbs while watching! Oh, and enjoying odd bits like Fernando's seduction lessons. Good advice indeed!
 

If I were Alejandra my first bit of advice to Fer would be "Get rid of the mannequin!!" (Maybe it was and I didn't notice.)
 

Yes, Sylvia, it was her first piece of advice!
 

Fernando Colunga started out as a stuntman.
 

OT: Flaco told me he saw an ad for the new TN with Ariadne Diaz and Jose Ron. Does anyone know when it's going to be aired?

Nanette
 

Nanette- It's La Mujer de Vendaval, which will start on the 19th in the afternoons at 3pm, I believe.
 

I tried to distill all the helpful comments into a decent mini-recap. I still want to see this episode, if only for the rare treat of watching all the good guys put their heads together to figure something out!
 

Thanks Vivi. We were afraid it was going to replace one of the prime times.

I'm doing catch up, so, along with last night's ep, I watched the one where Uri was explaining to Jesus what he was going to do to Jesus' loved ones. By the end of the episode my ears were practically bleeding from the awful accent. It didn't bother me when he only had a few lines, but all that dialogue!

Julie: Brave you. I can only manage the coasters at Disneyland.
 

Julie- Great job with the stitched together recap!
 

Julie, I like the cobbled-together recap. It really works.
 

Julie:

I know I am late to comment, but loved your cobbled together summary. Marvelous! Thanks.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder