Thursday, September 05, 2013

PEAM #127-9/4/13: The Wedding We All Were Waiting For, Well, Not Really....Just Discua!


Recap by Pablo




May you dream with the little angels

Elías and Patricia talk about changes and sports. Every time she says something that she should be doing but she is not, Elías bring it up and she gets that she is failing that. 2 against 0 in the argument department. Elías is right, some women just talk because they have an opening in the middle of their  face they call a mouth.

In the other side of the city, Vero lifts the tortilla basket and Royer won't sleep with her tonight. Sex diet is the worse a man can try to do, specially when it is against his will. 

In Xóchitl's house we hear a -wink- and we see her hiding Discua from Fernando. Yes! You heard it right! Discua is now advertising the Discua-tronic, so if you can not have her, you can have her body, or at least try, because hers is not a body exercise can shape... wink! Did I hear false advertisement?

In the poor area of the city, Alma and Jesús are naked in bed. Looks like they already had ''a special night'', or maybe it was '' a special 5 minutes''? Juárever, while oozing honey from all the right places, we see Fireworks popping like poppies 
and saying something like love, commitment, trust, faithfulness, respect, western union, safe sex, and so on...

SIGH (yes, only 55 episodes left)

Xóchitl, to justify the reason she has disconnected the TV set so Fernando couldn't hear Discua's ad, has concocted a lie that later she will have to cover with another one and many more until they fall down like an avalanche. Finally she offers sex and that's the end of it, since no man in his right mind will never reject that, ever!! Looks like Alejandra is teaching her the right things.
After less than 5 minutes, when everything is over, she leaps from the bed and runs to ask Jesús if he can walk her down the Church's isle on her wedding day. Alma, who always wants to know more than she should, wants to buy her the wedding dress so they can talk on the way to the Boutique Esencia Española.

Since nobody had breakfast that morning, the Mamey water and the fruit salad remained untouched.
 
Royer vs. Vale

Vale has some clear glitter glue that supposedly will stain black and pretends to shake Rogelio's hand as a sign of peace, but he has ulterior motives too, and got a white mouse from Cantú, sneaks it in Vale's backpack so she can give everybody a scare once there... she will end up in detention, most surely! Sansón, the only sane one in that house, just barks!!

At school, while the teacher writes something on the blackboard, Vale takes out the mouse and everybody screams! Looks like the homework: Maps, rivers, lakes, colors, mountains, rivers, won't get done this time!

Vale vs. Royer

When Fernando comes to extend Rogelio the invitation,  he sees that his brother has a black face, and since he is not doing minstrel, that is most surely Valentina's work! Being Verónica's daughter, it doesn't surprise me much!

Rogelio, who doesn't pause even to go wash his face, makes fun of Xóchitl when he sees a big ''X'' on the invitation. In México, people call ''X'' to anything that has no value, or a value not yet determined, like in math, so calling her an ''X'' is  very disrespectful.

One week later (the wedding day)

Saúl Astudillo Malgesto, Elías' lawyer, is now helping Jesús too and together they open the envelope with the DNA results. It's true, Jesús is Valentina's father! Verónica doesn't care, since she can do, or think she can, anything she wants. Augusto summons Jesús to his office but this is the big wedding day and he wants to get off early. He takes Alma all dressed up and while parking, they have the most horrible encounter with a very demanding woman who yells to the parking boy so she can enter the building while he takes care of her car.

Augusta González vs. Erasmo the valet parking

Augusta, another daughter of Augusto, is probably worse than Melquiades.

Augusta vs. Jesús

Augusta is the vice president now and she will work with Jesús. She may be demanding and cranky, but we all know that Jesús has the superpower of melting the most hard icebergs and she  soon will be sighing for him! Am I wrong?
The good news, after the bad ones, are that Jesús will be pardoned and will not have to pay back everything he owes, when he accomplished all the goals Augusto has for him!

Xóchitl has no contacts

So when she wants to look good (without the glasses, according to her) she goes almost blind. She and Pánfilo would make a great couple!! And fall in a hole, hehe
She looks great in her wedding dress and her only three bridesmaids are Jéssica, Marisela and Susana, dressed in fire truck red. Jesús and Alma arrive first and when everybody was not expecting them anymore, Rogelio and Verónica get there too, surprising them. Vale runs to greet her Dad and the civil ceremony starts.

The whole song down memory lane 

While they get married, we get to hear the whole song ''Mi bello ángel'' while we are shown the most beautiful and romantic moments in the couple's life.

Love is in the air and in a whole collective sigh, Jesús, Alma, Oliverio, Jéssica, Pánfilo, Susana, Ricardo, Marisela, Elías, Patricia, join their souls, all of them except Rogelio and Verónica, of course...

I always end up doing everything myself, bombo!

Chatita and Saturnino in a hot car. So this is why they didn't get to the wedding on time. She is complaining that by the time they get there, they will be baptizing their first child! She can be so exaggerated some times!

Vero vs Patricia

During the wedding, and because Valentina's bladder is as small as a peanut and she drank a whole slushy, she asks Rogelio (¿!) to take her to the bathroom (shouldn't her mother be doing that!!!?). Verónica takes this godsend  opportunity to go and fight Patricia, who, without hair in her tongue fights back screaming louder! Alma, now the  wedding police, gets in the middle to stop them just in time. This isn't the place, wait until later, we could even bring a little pool with mud!

Ricardo vs Marisela

In all weddings, people get sensitive and wants to do the same, so Marisela approaches Ricardo, and he, fearing that she will insist yet one more time, is shocked that this time she says it's time to walk away from him, for good! He, of course, is speechless!!

What a beautiful Church!

Jesús, with crutches and all, walks Xóchitl to where Father Sunday (TOPIM) will deliver the ceremony to make this marriage one that can never be dissolved, except if he is involved in illegal business and hurts his little wee-wee so they don't spend any nights together, right? There's an exception for everything!
The Cousins from Durango, all five of them, are there TO SING ONE MORE TIME THAT WHOLE SONG!!! Please God help me and make me deaf even if it is temporarily! Thanks! 

Outside, Chatita arrives running with her new boyfriend, Saturnino. She is actually not that prone to fall in love quickly with all the men she encounters, but she and Saturnino are pretending, to see if that way Pánfilo could appreciate what he had and now has lost. Susana, playing jealous, tells him:
Hey, look at me, I am beautifuler and slightly younger!!

Cantú wants to warn Rogelio about Dick Novoman, or is it Nick Donovan? But Verónica has big ears and she listens. Every bit of information could be put to good use, so her good memory is saving that name for later...

Julio vs his own heart

Julio arrives to Aída's crying uncontrollably. He has lost the love of his life and there's nothing he can do about it. Aída holds him and hugs him, but his tears are running down his cheeks.

The buttocks that walk and wink

In Chatita's way, since she call Susana the long legged mosquito, Pánfilo cricket face and Ricardo the nose that speaks, I will call Discua the butt that walks. Well, that all we can see of her while she is approaching the couple about to be wed. So when Father Sunday asks, is there anybody who wants to say anything so this couple can not get married, speak now or forever hold your piece, Discua, in a very loud voice claims, I do, I do have something to say:

-Is this the eternal love you promised me, Licenciado? -wink-

Tomorrow: Discua came back just to stop the wedding? Really? WTH? I mean... How did she find out?

Labels:


Comments:
Pablo:

Thanks for this very witty and funny recap!

Discua who knew? I too wonder who told her about the wedding? I think Moronica had something to do with this. Poor Xochi.

I think Vivi is right, I too think that Alma has a little Chucho bun in the oven.

So now we have a bodus interruptus and a possible pregnancy. I think Julie will get her BINGO! ; )

I am glad that Mari told Rico Suave she is moving on, and I really felt sorry for Julio but it's time for him to move on too.

Augusta IS worse than Mal-Kiddy! Did she say she went to Harvard? I can't stand her already! She is snooty and mean.

I'm really hoping that Ferny stays with his Sushi and avoids the Biquit!
 

Many thinks for the recap! Glad the "Jesus and Alma loooovvvve each other" episode is over. That was like getting hit over the head repeatedly with Cupid's bow. Ow! We get it, we get it!

I doubt that Moronica told Disqua about the wedding. First, because I don't think she ever knew Disqua and second, there's nothing in it for her. Moronica is motivated by self-interest. She wouldn't care who Fernando married as long as it didn't affect her. Because the Rivadinera's are supposed to be wealthy society types, Disqua probably saw a notice in the newspaper. Though I like Xochi, I don't think Fernando is the man for her, so I'm not sorry to see Disqua show up.

Glad to see Maricela moving on. Ricardo is a heel.
 

Thanks!

I also think Discua read the paper (while exercising of course) but my question is, why show up or/and why now? It's been a long time and wasn't she supposed to be with the buddhists on the mountain? why is she back?
If Fernando moved on why should she care? She left, I guess he was free to do juárever he wanted with his life, right?
 

Thanks Pablo for all that you add to the episode! I just spent 1/2 hour on youtube looking up mamey water and los primos. (I love that song).

I've been a Discua fan until now. But the butt that walks and talks has betrayed my illusion of the good and gracious Biscuit. After Ferny begged for her understanding she left him in the cold and now wants to know where is forever love went? Hmph.

All in all it was a fun night. The blackened face and the white rat - - Oh, and I loved Vale's hair do at the wedding.
 

Pablo, thanks for a fantastic recap. "The butt that walks and winks" says it all re: Discua. You said it all so I don't have to! :)

Jarifa



 

LOL Thursday! Pablo recap time. Such material you had to work with last night and I snickered through this recap.

Xochi looked sweet ( though please lord, why couldn't she wear smaller glasses or get some blasted contacts!) and the wedding could have been sweet. But no, we get the clichéd plot with Buttus Interruptus. I agree, WTH? I hope this preview goes the way of a lot of the others we've had and be a total wash --Ferny will declare his love of Xochi and send Discua on her way.

How far will this war between Rog and Val go? Since he has the thought powers of a 7 year old too, I expect the pranks to get grosser, hopefully not much else. Maybe they should join forces and gang up on Vero? That woman is unhinged...and she just has to be the center of attention. Killing her to see all her "conquests" moving on with others I'm sure.

I felt bad for Julio but thought it was a bit much to go crying to a co-worker---but the writers need to pair these two I'm guessing and this is part of that hook up.

I'm starting to see a theme on your "first love" isn't necessarily your true love....clever writers. At least that's one cliché they did bury.

Daisynjay
 

Pablo, thank you for such a comical recap. I'm with Jarifa- the butt that walks and talks says it all. Discua reminds me of the cartoon character, a cop from the Cartoon Network, who is a walking talking butt, Assy McGee, or something like that. Why does Discua care? She left.
I agree with you regarding the song, I didn't want to hear it yet again and live.
Only 55 more to go. :-)
 

Very funny Pablo. Love your new nickname for Discua. I also don't understand why she would be upset about Fer getting married when she's the one who left him.

I thought Xochi looked great, minus the squinting. And her bridesmaids looked lovely in red. I also liked Vero's color block dress. Very different and modern looking. But I can't stand her.

One correction, it was Elias, not Rogue, who took Val to the restroom.
 

Yeah, you're right, I was probably writing when I heard:
Daddy, could you take me to the restroom please?
So I thought it was Roge, but she doesn't call him Daddy, at least not yet.
Anyway, Vero should have been the one taking her, since they both go to the same bathroom.

Regarding Discua, I thought of this when I saw the camera right behind her. They didn't want to show Discua's face but what better way to let us know who that woman was than showing her ginormous and anthropomorphic butt? And I mean disproportionate with the resto of her body.
I saw the butt hanging down like a huge pear wrapped in white wax paper (like the ones you order from the fruit of the month club) and said to myself, that's it!
Chatita, thanks for all the lessons in name calling you have given me, Discua is the butt that talks, and winks, and God knows what else, maybe chews gum and smokes? LOL!!

The way it moves when it walks it could be chewing gum altogether!
 

Pablo, "fruit of the month club" got me laughing again. You are too much!

Jarifa
 

Vero should have taken Val to the bathroom but I notice that Val never asks her mother for anything vital.
 

Ha ha, Pablo, solid gold as usual. The Butt That Walks indeed. I think you may have started a trend -- what else can we have? The Spectacles That Whisper, The Necktie That Cries, The Boobs That...well, they do everything, don't they?
 

Thanks, but I owe everything I know to Luisa Herrera, aka Chatita. LOL!
 

Pablo -- another home run. Your recaps are hilarious. "The butt that walks & winks" -- Perfect!!!!

One small correction. Augusto's promise of forgiving Jesús debt if he succeeds in the new sales goals (with the albatross of Augusta around his neck) came with a threat also. He's in big trouble if he doesn't meet the new goal.

So.... how will the Fernando / Xochi wedding and romance play out???
Several possibilities ...
1. --Fernando does go back to Discua and Julio gets Xochi back
2. --Fernando stands up to Discua and declares that Xochi is his real love
3. --Xochi runs because she thinks Fernando will dump her when Discua reappears -- several episodes where Fer tries to find his lost, bespectacled love
4. --the whole thing is a dream sequence where Xochi imagines the threat of Discua appearing.

And Hey - what happened to the mystery man from the previews a few days ago???

I, for one will be sad when the 55 episodes are done.
There is much to like in this show.

Güera

 

Thanks, I missed that, I guess I got distracted by Jesús' crutches.

OK, so here nobody stays with their first love, because they always find out that's not the real one, but, what about all those nights of passion? Are they gonna keep ''sampling'' with everybody until they settle down? Besides ''working'' at Avon, I also would like thet!! LOL!
Elías, for instance, has ''sampled'' Verónica, Marta, Marisela, Patricia, and who knows who is next!
 

I believe Maricela remains "unsampled."
 

Thanks, Pablo. I haven't had a chance to read this yet, but am looking forward to your "interpretation" of all the madness last night. Because that was one solid hour of insanity!

And yes indeedy, the bodus interruptus gives me a bingo. At last! And if Alma is PG, that gives me an additional double-bingo. I never thought it would happen! (The bingos, I mean. I figured someone was going to get pregnant sooner or later!)
 

Shouldn't they all?
After all, in this TNs everybody has to end up happy and with a baby, regardless in or out of wedlock. Remember Victoria from AV? She was almost 60 and had twins!! LOL!!
 

My bingo card has "fake pregnancy," which is a little more elusive (but nevertheless I usually get one. One of the characters does, I mean.)
 

Thanks for the recap, Pablo.


Rogue has more than met his match.

Alma seems to think she’s pregnant.

Looks like we were a little too happy that Elvis left. Disgusta is going to be worse.

They had a week and couldn’t get that girl some contacts?! Well, come to think of it, it takes about 7-10 days for me to get mine—but I order from the doctor and not 1-800-CONTACTS.

Love Xochi’s and Fern’s song.

Vero is a witch with a capital B—what else is new.

Yay to Mari for telling Ricardo she is done, baby, done.

The Julio/Aida scene was a bit jarring in the middle of the wedding scenes.

I’m so upset with Descua. No excuse for breaking up that wedding. SHE dumped HIM!!!

Just had to put my two cents in before reading everyone else’s comments.

Nanette
 

Pablo, you slay me. I always enjoy your recaps, but for some reason "saying something like love, commitment, trust, faithfulness, respect, western union, safe sex" made me laugh until it hurt. Western Union. I didn't think those doofy airwords could be made MORE funny to me, but that did it.

Why, Discua, why? Did Fernando tell her he would wait and pine for her forever? I think maybe he did. And she really expected him to? Did she WANT to leave him twisting in the wind, miserable without her forever? That seems like behavior unbecoming a Ser de Luz.

I got a kick out of Virus and Rogue talking about their "class"...right after Vero started a trailer park brawl during a wedding and Rogue has been his usual self. Yeah, no one else is their class...they have formed their own new low in classifications! If they lived in India, the untouchables would look down on them.

Alma is definitely knocked up. Either that or she has an irritable bowel. One of the two.
 

Hah! Another dyspeptic Pablo recap. You are going to be on double doses of Pepto and Prilosec before this is over! Calmate, calmate amigo. But love your humor.

I have to say I am very impressed with this little Valentina's sang-froid when working with live, icky animals. She appeared to actually hold a live frog before dumping it, and also a live white lab rat. Maybe it's all done digitally, but if it's for realz, this kid is a total pro.

Checked out of this early last night so missed the sighting of Discua's Harry and David's Premium Pear trasero, but I guess we knew something had to happen. Fernando and Xochi are just too sweet and happy at the moment.

Why did I leave? Because I was not ready to watch another horrid offspring take Melquiades place. Couldn't we have had a little break first? Jeez.

And Alma is definitely pregnant. Chucho said he saw a new light in her eyes, a new glow. So it's a done deal. In real life, you're so tired the first three months, ain't no light and no glow. But from four months on, gangbusters. I've never felt so good in my life. Ah to be pregnant again.

Thanks for the great recap Pablo. Now relax, take in a deep four-count breath and exhale verrrrry slowly. It will all be over soon. Really. Trust me.
 

Did you notice how Vale yanked her hand out of her mother’s when she saw Jesus?

Maybe that was why they showed that scene with Julio/Aida—Fern goes back to Discua and Xochi and Julio get together. I like Xochi with Fern, they’re very good together, like two kids sometimes.

JudyB: I’m with you about giving us a little breathing room before introducing us to someone worse than Elvis.
 

Just remembered. Xochi and Fern are legally married. It will be a little easier getting it dissolved than if they had finished the religious ceremony, but they'll still have to do that if Fern wants out.
 

I LOVE how Val is just so unflappable no matter what stupid tricks Rogue throws at her. Val is way cool. And the terrible acting of the other kids who were freaked out by the rat just highlighted how good her acting is for a young one.
 

Thanks for the info about "X," Pablo. I didn't know that. Not that Rogue needs any additional help to be insulting!

TJ - I haven't seen Cartoon Network in almost 5 years, but I remember Assy McGee. If I recall correctly, he also has the kind of speech impediment you'd expect from a talking butt. Pbththththt.

The question is, if Discua missed Fernando so much, why did she pick this time and place to confront him? It's not as though she didn't know how to get in touch with him.

I was not at all happy to meet another Augusto spawn. I'm tired of Orion, period.

Judy, as far as I know, most kids don't mind handling frogs and mice. I didn't! The frogs and mice don't always cooperate, though.

I did a double-take of my own when Rogue rubbed his hands all over his face after handling the mouse. That is VERY unsanitary, especially since mice will pee in your hand if they're scared. (Of course, if he'd washed his hands after handling the mouse he also would have washed the ink off of his hands!)
 

Well, my first-born a girl) had a fit over anything "icky", spiders, worms, mice, frogs. So I guess I just assumed. And HER first-born (a girl) is just like Mom.

Interesting info that mice will pee in your hand if scared. But still, urine is usually sterile. So...maybe Rogeio knows that. Riiiight.
 

A lot of little kids have no qualms about animals unless they are taught to. One of my little sisters was always trying to pick up bugs and snakes. One time she had a snake clutched by each end in her chubby little toddler hands and was about to take a bite out of the middle when I freaked out and smacked it away. She was younger than Val, but still. All curiosity, few hangups.
 

Well, mice also aren't fussy about where they step, so if you've had one in your hands, that's another reason to wash them. I had pet mice some years ago and noticed that, unlike hamsters which try to get as far away from their food dish as possible to poop, mice are much more... informal.
 

Good Job Pablo, renaming Discua to "Bootylicious" may be more applicable......

Hey, someone get Xochi a pair of contacts, let her hair stay down, and she can drive the #10 "Go Daddy" race car this weekend in Richmond. (No one will know the difference - She looks that much like Danica Patrick.)

Discua should not want Ferny now, because he is no longer a virgin, like she is....but Ferny may still want her... (It's always Something)

Alma and Jesuss are the most boring couple I have ever seen on a TN... someone needs to take that stupid red bucket, and hide it...BTW I can believe she sat with it on her head for so long...how dumb can you be.

JudyB. Are you ready for some Football....Ahhh! D.C. Ahhh! RG3

 

Yes, Lee...totally ready for the regular season to begin and to see RG3 in action again. However, I'm guessing Coach will put the kibosh on any creative scrambling for fear of another injury. Too bad, 'cause that's when he's really exciting to watch. Unlike our main lovebirds. (Although we know Colunga can do better...Alborada and Amor Real, I'm looking at you!)
 

Ah, Discua con su culo! May I offer for her theme music Sir Mix-a-lot's 1992 classic, "Baby Got Back."
http://youtu.be/kY84MRnxVzo

Thanks, Pablo, cool recap. Particularly appreciate the cultural implications of "X".
 

I wasn't sure why Alma couldn't see the setup before the musician arrived. What a setup, though...Chucho must have gotten the rest of the day off after the contest, to have time to make all those different dishes and do origami and clothes and candle shopping besides. Or, Chucho could have just led her into the bedroom and had her change into the new dress while she waited.

But I suppose the Love Bucket has in its contract that it gets a certain number of prominent appearances, so they had to work it in somehow.
 

Chucho turned the lights off, so she (theoretically) couldn't see anything. She should have been able to smell the food, candles, and flowers, though.

At least until the bucket. Then I'm sure everything just smelled like bucket.
 

So did Chucho just steal that bucket from the window washing crew? Or is it like a rule of etiquette that if a bucket falls on your head, you get to keep it?
 

I think the bucket is stalking him. Someday Chucho will realize that the bucket is his real destiny.
 

Oh, yes indeed. That is the real relationship story here. One day they will realize their feelings and have a dramatic conversation:

Chucho: Bucket, are you okay? You look a little pail.

Bucket: I feel so empty.

Chucho: Awww, why? Did you get dumped?

Bucket: I just feel like I have the capacity for so much more, you know?

Chucho: Let me handle this. To heck with the traditional man/woman relationship tradition; let's buck it. Now I'm sure that my alma lies not with Alma, but with you!

And then they live happily ever after as a superhero and his trusty bucket, zooming around and saving the world from floods and swamped boats and fires in clown-filled cabins.
 

That was so beautiful, Julia. :-)
 

Julia: why aren't you writing novelas?! I'd love to see one starring the bucket.
 

That was very good. Now Bucket Jr. can fall in love with the water hose, only to find out that have little in common...
 

LOL Julia!
 

Gracias Pablo, muchas carcajadas as usual

I thought Fernando looked quite dashing. Rogelio & Valentina continue to be the best couple. Had no idea the mouse was a real one & Rogelio actually touched it.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder