Sunday, September 15, 2013

Qué Bonito Amor #109 (Mex 147) Friday 9/13/13 Face To Face Once More, But Cheek to Cheek?



Capítulo 147 

While bustiered Wanda’s intriguing Coloso and Don Rigo with her eighth and ninth wonders of the world, those two fall for the oldest bar scam in the books and get stuck with a 20 thousand peso bill for their two bottles of champagne.  Colosso ends up having to sing to cover the cost.


Ana finds Mil Amores plinking the strings of his guitar and shows him the envelopes with the love letters he wrote her, she says.  It took her a bit, but she finally realized who wrote them.  He tells her something like true love is being patient,  and  that eventually it will be found out.  They profess their life-long love for each other while Siete Mares leaves the hospital and promises himself to concentrate on his job whenever he thinks he may be tempted to drown his sorrows over losing her.

Wendy’s screaming on the steps of the apartment complex brings Mancia and Suzanito out and they walk her to the hospital.  It just happens to be the same hospital in which Amalia is being treated. 

Salvador calls Justo to let him know that Maria and he are finally in El Lay.

When Justo realizes too much time has passed and that Wendy should have returned with her jewelery so that Amalia can afford the tests and the shots she needs, he says he needs to go out to find her.

Michael talks Santos into meeting the Mario Brothers, the two guys at the chop shop—er the prison’s mechanics’ bay.  He’s told he’s got to figure out how to fix a CHIP cycle if he wants to be taken seriously there as a mechanic.  After a while he’s got the cycle fixed and the motor purring--and he enters into career #3.

A bit later in the day, Derecho and Curtis pay a visit to Santos and tell him they’ve come to clear their conscience because they really aren’t sure that Santos is guilty of the crime.  He tells them off when he finds out they’re married now.  Aren’t they lucky, enjoying married life while the little people like him are wrongfully thrown into prison and left to rot, and their lives and the lives of their loved ones are totally destroyed, scolds Santos.    

Rodri looks tearfully at a picture of his dead mama, asking for advice for her lovelorn son.  He's decided he’ll do the adult thing and have a heart to heart to clear the air with Pal.  

Paloma is thinking to do the same, but Aaron and his cuz have plotted again and managed to wreck their well-intentioned plans to kiss and make up. Pal's dressed up cuz she's planned a surprise for Rod.  There’s a knock at the door.  She and Isa and Jalisquito all think it’s Rodrigo, but it’s really Aaron with a box of candies.  She hides behind the curtains with the lights out. They let “Rodri” in.  She races from behind the curtains, and then lays a humongous smooch on the guy.  Just then the real Rodri shows up, the lights are turned on and they all realize it’s Aaron she’s kissing.  Rod immediately thinks the worst of Paloma.  Aaron eats it up and goes with the positive flow.

Justo races out to to find Wendy and to get the nurse when Amalia begins having another attack.  He runs into Wendy who is just being brought into emergency and learns from her that Giuliano is back in Mexico City and tried to kill her.  She is raced off to the examining room.  

A bit later the doc comes back to tell Justo that they've got to operate right away to take the baby.  There's only one hitch:  they both cannot survive.  It will be either Wendy or the baby and Justo will have to be the one to decide.   Duhn-duhn-duhnnnnn! (Gotta say that for parts of Viewerville, that's not such a hard choice.)


Maria, meanwhile, finds a Spanish-speaking cop at the prison check-in desk, and tells him she’s there to see prisoner Santos Martinez de la Garza.  She gives him a letter to hand to him also.  Unfortunately, Santos is in another bad mood and again tells the guard that he refuses to see anybody.  He also refuses Maria’s letter.  Maria is totally despondent and says to tell him she’s staying there until he agrees to see her.  

Just then Curtis and Derecho come back from their chat with Santos.  She thinks he might really be innocent, she tells her new hubby.  Curtis then sees Maria, finds out she’s there but that Santos has refused to see her.  Derecho takes matters into his own hands at this point.  He goes back into the cell area and, pulling rank on him, forces Santos to come with him.  “—I say you’re going to speak to this visitor and that’s that!”  He throws Santos into what appears to be a conjugal visitation room.  Santos is griping to himself.  Maria enters and says he’s going to have to speak to her now whether he wants to or not.  He turns around, sees her standing there, and breaks into a big, goofy smile.



Labels:


Comments:
Wowzaa! That unhappy prisoner sure looks good on a motorcycle. [Note to JS' agent. Find him a role where he has to sit astride a motorcycle - and maybe a nice lady his age as well.]

Jar, gotta run, and may not have time to post again, but I'm sure it's a great recap.

What else could it be if it starts out .."While bustiered Wanda's intriguing Coloso and Don Rigo with her eighth and ninth wonders of the world.."
 

God spare me the lovelorn teens. I still want to know how in broad daylight the little imps managed to make the apartment pitch dark. Roddy has become as big an ass as his father and Assron and Vainessa need to be taken to a woodshed somewhere. My feeling here is that the little kids will get to Rod and make him understand what really went down. Then they can all go off to school and leave the rest of the air times for the equally screwed up adults.

I've actually come to like Wendy. She has learned some serious life lessons during her stay in povertyville. At the beginning you'd never believe she would offer to sell her mothers's jewelry to save that PITA Amelia.

Poor Justo first he is saddled with Amelia and her overly dramatic I'm dying bring me my ninas and then gets hit with the second most often asked question in Novelaland - should we save the mother or the child? The most popular of course is will you be my novia. If I'm Justo I say save my daughter. Lets' face it does the world need the spawn of OJ's family walking around.

So the Dumb Derechos are have pangs of guilt for probably sending and innocent man to prison too little too late. Liked Santos telling them off and Derecho for forcing him to see Maria.

When Santos was singing while he worked I kept thinking Maria would hear him and sing herself thus letting him know who his visitor was.

Who the heck is the actress playing the singer in the dive Coloso was in. Her face and voice are so familiar but I can't put a name to her and it's driving me nuts.

 

decie Girl....

it's a reunion of sorts on QBA of some of the members of the pop group Garibaldi ... Pilar Montenegro appears in a "participacion especial" as the singer who could win Colosso's heart (LOL) She is singing her latest song. Victor Noriega (Michael Johnson) and Sergio Meyer (Bruno) were also members of the 90's pop group.

Thank you all for the wonderful recaps.

Faye
 

Faye

Thanks for the info I knew I recognized Pilar but just couln't put the name to the face and body. LOL. Obviously she is not going to be Coloso's new lady love - that seems to be Angelic the waitress who is based in the DF. Seems to me I remember a lot of people coming out of Garibaldi.

Guess Mejia is giving everybody a chance to flog their musical chops. The only one who didn't sing was Daniela Romo. LOL
 

Anita/Faye: tks!
=====
Deciegirl: I was thinking the same thing about Spawn Of Bronzo.
 

Gracias, Jardinera.

"The baby or the mother" is probably the second novela situation I hate the most (The first one being that 99% of heroines are virgins). This is not a 21st century situation even in a second-rate hospital and especially for women of means and/or intelligence.

The Derechos better start getting a few brain cells going and Oscar also needs that. That bar scam is absolutely vile and not unique to Tijuana. I doubt that place would have the kind of "champagne" that justifies that price.

I've also had it with the teen angst stuff.
 

Thank you, Jardinera! You had me laughing as usual. :))

Amalia is something else. That woman always seems to have her "attacks" at the most inconvenient times. I've often thought she has them on purpose just to make sure she can keep the attention on herself. I know, I know. Not true, but this woman irks the heck out of me. I just can't bear the thought of her ending up with Justo.

Gotta say that this "game" Santos has played about not wanting to see Dumb Maria is really juvenile. It just doesn't suit him and seems to unbelievable.

Agree with Urban wrt "the mother or the baby". Really, writers?! Really? What kind of goofy story line is that?!

Fatima
 

Pilar Montenegro was in STuD. She played Arcelia the fake baby mama.


 

Thanks again, guys. Also, glad to have PM placed from STUD. I was driving me nuts!

=====
Yeah, the mama/baby choice isn't something now that you mention it, that really takes place much if at all --or at least I can't remember it being discussed. IN fact I don't remember it beyond being a theme in a Ben Casey, MD episode decades ago. Gawd, I am way beyond my sell by date, huh!
 

It makes me wonder about how many women see that in novelas (and wherever else) and get the idea that childbirth is more dangerous than it is.
 

Re Mama/baby choice. I *know* we had one recently. Was it in LQNPA? Or was it Betty in AV? All I remember was the look on the people's faces who had to make the decision. Seems to me I remember that both made it--was it in Refugio? HELP! My memory dims around this most overutilized dramatic moment. Didn't it used to be a Catholic policy which required the child to be saved or was that a myth? Seems to me the church would want the mother saved in order to produce more children, but I could be *really, really* wrong.

For a couple of moments there I really thought Amalia had bought the farm, or estancia, juarever and was truly wishing she had just gone quietly. I guess now, they will get the equipment they need to study her case, determine that with new (more expensive) and high powered experimental drugs, Amalia will be able to walk and talk again.

FWIW--I don't think Santos knew it was Maria waiting to see him. He was just in a funk about not wanting to see *anybody.* I don't think the guard ever mentioned the sex or the name of the person--it was just someone came to see you.

The letter might have come by mail and it was coincidental with Maria's arrival. Seems to me there was postage on it when it was returned to her.

For once Dumb and Dumber did the right thing. Truly, can't wait until tonight for their reunion--and that's saying a lot, because I will have to suffer through the esquincles and teen-angst, Amalia and her deathbed declarations and Wendy and Justo's life or death decision.

If anyone watched Uni's Mexico Fiesta last night, two of QBA's songs were featured...or I should say QBA has featured two of Mexico's most popular mariachi songs, "Si nos dejan," and Mexico Lindo (?) and Lucero sang Cielito Lindo. I didn't know any of the other ones. Too bad there wasn't more dancing.

 

Anita: Your brain is turning into memory jelly the same as mine! I know it was one or two ago. I
 

I cannot remember more than that! LOL l: ?/
 

Anita- It wasn't Refugio or AV. It was LQNPA, and most recently Corazon Indomable (Solita).

-Vivi (shuffling back into the shadows)
 

I've always love Si nos Dejan and awhile back there was a TN by that name if I remember. Seems to me Juan Pablo Gamboa was in it. Cielito Lindo is on my most hated list along with Funiculi Funicula based solely on the fact that all through grammar school during our music classes we had to sing one or the other of them. They became trite in my mind and I'm stuck there. Frankly Que Bonita is swiftly rushing to the same spot. LOL

The mother or child question seems to show up in every other TN. And if I remember correctly the Church did say save the child for what reason I will never know. I think it has to be a horrible dilemma for the medical staff and certainly for the family so it makes for good drama.

I agree that Santos probably did not know his visitor was Maria. He is still being an ass about claiming to be dead to everyone in his effort to save them. That melodramatic turn in his personality is probably from being around Amelia too much.

Frankly I don't care if the Roddy Paloma mess is ever fixed and only the imps can do it. I think it is a little intense for them as they are too young and no one seems to think it could easily lead to a teen pregnancy which would send Amelia to her grave.

One thing I did love about Friday was how it showcased how powerful Arturo and Jorge are as actors. They had boat loads of emotion to reveal and were both subtle and convincing unlike others who will not be named who over do everything or look constipated in concentration.
 

I'm peeved at missing that program; I hope they show it again.

Amalia became so annoying I wouldn't be upset if the writers offed her.
 

URBAN

Since Amelia is being played by Saint Angelica it is highly unlikely she will be offed or for that matter blind, or unable to walk. She'll survive to continue to meddle in her children's lives and God help them her nietos as well.
 

True, true.

I really wish their writers could find better ways to extend stories without going into the absurd.
 

URBAN

i wonder if the extension was caused by what i understand were very good ratings or by Jorge's injury.
 

Unknown. Just be comforted that the eye patch is off before the finale.
 

We've only got 14 episodes to go and he wore the patch for two weeks to it better happen soon. Can't figure how they can write it in.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder