Monday, October 07, 2013

PEAM #150 - 10/07/2013 - Can't You Hear the Laughter from Icky Robots & Violent Wedding Receptions & Evil Times Without End?


Our PEAM story has gotten so silly, so inane, I just couldn't help but start out tonight by bringing our thoughts to someone who deserves our thanks that an intelligent voice in the world speaks reason when so many others are speaking only madness and stupidity. I am Malala, I am Malala, I am Malala!!

Catching up… Jesica does a bit of pout and whine ruining her bride face while she chastises her parents for being late and scaring her that they were not coming. The priest says let's get on with this and everyone takes a seat.  Tracy places a jeweled if wrinkly hand on Jesus' thigh, sigh.  He plucks it off with dexterity.

Papa warns Cardy to be very careful with his daughter and Mommy rubs his bald head for good luck.  Both Cardy and Jesica cry with love as they begin their vows. Jesus explains to Valentina that people that love each other go through this ritual.

Alma and her Poppy talk about old times and his excitement to spoil his only grandchild. He seems happy to be getting a chance to be a better grandfather than he was a father. He can't wait to know if it is a boy or girl.  It will likely be one or the other so Alma tells him not to worry.

Already at the post ceremony reception.  Valentina wants to make friends with the robot baby and Tracy wants to drink tequila so she orders two when the waiter is hailed. She admits that she has a son but she never sees him.


The old sillies decide to roast the wedding novios. but rather gallantly introduce them. The beaming couple mount the stage and Rico gets to make a height joke by putting the speaker too low in front of Cardy.  Jesica saves him by dislodging the microphone and then they go to the floor waiting for Kiko to come to the piano.  Valentina sees butterflies while Kiko plays a stately version of chopsticks or something that Jesica can still turn into a sexy little dance. The Kiko/Val winking that starts seems to shock Jesus.

The tequila comes, Tracy gulps one and offers one to Jesus which he offers back to her.  Rogelio looks on with Patricia.  He offers to dance with her but she is surprised. Mad Veronica checks her iPad and mutters nasty remarks.  She is dressed in Devil's Red.

Cardy and Kiko hug and he asks his uncle Cardy who's the little dish.  Tracy's confession is that she was married but it didn't last long because she worked all the time.

The robot devil cries and ruins the atmosphere at the office staff's table. At least Fernando gets up and takes the stinky robot off stage. They joke about the baby and Xochi's lack of interest.  Ricardo swears that his new found inheritance are not going to change him.  Panfilo comes over to ask to talk to Susana.  And most disgustingly, the robotdevil spouts pee like a banquet fountain of orange juice, thankfully only in the men's room.  Fernando seems to have lost any reason but I am quite sure the writers have lost all of theirs.

Minerva asks Alma what kind of baby she prefers.  Not a robot, I say to myself.  But Alma wants a boy like Jesus and grandpa wants another Princessa to spoil like her.

Panfilo tries to apologize and talk to Susana who doesn't want to discuss further.  She comes back to say good night to the table.  Jesus asks hasn't Tracy tried to contact her son but she whines that he wants nothing to do with her.  For this she is immensely lonely which justifies her hitting on younger engaged men who are under her in the organization.

Relief, Jesica has turned her wedding dress into a stunning yellow and begins to sing and dance for the audience.  Young swain Kiko braves the harsh looks of Jesus and still asks Valentina to turn out on the dance floor with  him.  Jesus gets a call form Alma and is able to share the dance floor gala with Alma and her father. I would like the cell phone they use to show the entire party and details with a 100 mega pixel or so phone camera for Skype spectacular.

Rogelio and Pato burn up the dance floor and Rogelio is finally having fun when devil Veronica shows up at the door.  Xochi is having no such fun as devil robot demands bottle after bottle in order to stay quiet.

Kiko gets to do a bit of Michael Jackson moon walking for Valentina's benefit before the mesmerized wedding guests.  He further scares Jesus by removing his shirt.  He swears never to be a father-in-law.  Kiko wants to take Valentina off to talk but the preteen pre hormonal duo have to go ask papa Jesus.  He advises them not to dare go far.

Julio picks the perfect moment to scream over the music to Aida, does she want to be his girlfriend???  The music suddenly stops so everyone waits breathlessly for the answer, but Aida yells back, hell yes! Music resumes with gusto.

The kissing, dancing Rogelio and Patricia are assaulted by Veronica.  Pato wants to keep her hands off of the pregnant woman who declares she loves, loves Rogelio, he looks stunned like he often does.  Taking advantage of Pato's reluctance to deck a preggers nutcase, Veronica has no compunction to pull any punches.  Stupid ball gown fight ensues as they pull on each others hair extensions and we cut to half time.

Rogelio separates the battling lovelies, while Veronica tries to get her way with Rogelio.  Pato retreats long enough to get a pitcher of cold ice water to cool Veronica's ardor.  Pato leaves with a modicum of dignity while Veronica cries big crocodile tears.

Kiko and Valentina trade texting info.  Tracy tries to calm down Jesus who remains on scared papa alert.  Cardy and Jesica kiss and dance with great joy.

Patricia shows up at Alma's to plead her case that Rogelio told her that he loves her.  Alma urges caution but we can see that Patricia isn't listening to the warnings.

Tracy finally apologizes for her unprofessional behavior.  She notices that Rogelio and Jesus are not great friends but she says "eets not my bysnezz", it is for you to work out your professional relationship with Rogelio.  Jesus is all too dismissive of her bad behavior but worried about what will happen at Avon, and the party is over.

Cardy is treated to Jesica seductively sensational in a hot, red teddy while he thrills her with his flannel jammies. She crawls into the honeymoon bed with him. At least they are in love! Let the honeymoon begin!

Valentina tells Alma as she hands her a flower that Papa Jesus lurves her mucho.  Then she tells Alma all about the hunk Kiko she met at the wedding.  And how they exchanged cell phone numbers and she is going to dream of him all night. One can see that using sueño for both dreaming and sleeping can be a bit confusing here… I am just saying. Alma is totally charmed, Jesus seems threatened.  Funny he doesn't seem to set alarms off in his head for threats like Veronica's and Marta's sociopathic tendencies but a preteen crush is undoing him?

Jesica and Cardy have to face the mean ogre called erectile dysfunction Oh my.  At least she dismisses it and tries again.

Fernando sleeps and Xochi gets up grabs robot devil and I think she pulls the plug on the little darling… while Fernando sleeps on.  How is she going to explain killing Fernandito in the morning? Stay tuned.

Light dawns on Fernandito's death?  Fernando wakes up screaming that his son is dead.  Xochi gives in and says I only removed his batteries.  They begin to fight that the baby robot is HIS not theirs, he bought it, he takes care of it and she is going to keep the batteries until he comes to his senses.

Jesus drops off Valentina who gets her first text from Kiko and excuses herself.  Jesus wants to talk to Rogelio and then asks if Veronica is mistreating Valentina.  He makes a deal with the housekeeper that she will call and warn him if she observes any bad behavior toward Valentina.  Agreed, don't worry.

Avances:

Rogelio is buying an engagement ring, we all know it isn't for Veronica who is rallying her war cries to get Rogelio for herself by whatever means.

And Marta makes her move… looks like Chatita is going to be hurting from being hurled down the stairs or is she going to wake up dead in this jolly comedy?? Stay tuned for tomorrow's revelations.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, Cheryl for a very detailed recap of a very detailed episode. I did notice the "ultimas semanas" "last weeks" announcement at the end of tonight's episode. Is this the first time or have they been making that announcement already?

Shock of shocks I really enjoyed most of tonight's episode except for the Fernando with the stupid baby doll parts. I liked the fact that Jessica's dad gave Oliverio the warning. Jessica was at her best in her yellow dress at her Celia Cruz themed wedding. It was cute when Jesus reworked ¿Secretario yo? Jamas. ( Me a secretary? Never.) to "Suegro yo? Jamas. ( Me a father in law? Never.) when Kiko and Valentina showed a mutual interest. I was glad that Paty found a way to fight against Veronica with the water. I was hoping that Veronica wasn't going to get off just because she was pregnant.

Jarifa
 

I had nothing else to do and I like my TV on when I am in the kitchen, so I watched tonight's episode.

Since it is about to end, I think I will reschedule my things to be able to watch it the rest of the week when I was not doing it.

I still think is bad.

As bad as little Quico's role, made up by his father just to give him something to start in this profitable career. Playing piano? Impersonating Michael Jackson?

It looks like Valentina like girls, Rai is one that looked as a boy and this boy looks more like a girl to me. Is Valentina really 6 years old? Is she allowed to have a phone and text? Maybe I am unaware of that, but does this really happens in the everyday world?

Juárever.

If I were Pánfilo, I would have dumped both Susana and Chatita and try my best to woo Tracy. Old hen makes good broth, and this one has money too...


Mhm, I am counting the days for this thing to end. Sorry...

Oh, and Valentina asked Jesús why Jessica was black and both her parents white, seems like she is starting to like gossips too...
 

Thanks, Pablo, I agree this beastly story is almost over but not soon enough for us! Thanks for the catch on Valentina's question about Jesica's parents. The child is the only one with any good sense.

I appreciate all corrections and additions. I type the recap while I am watching and with this one I can't bear to watch it more than once so I do mess up some details.
 

Jarifa, I loved Pato throwing cold water on Veronica too, so well deserved. Actually the wedding festivities were a fun diversion.

I can't imagine a funny end to Veronica's unrequited love and incidental pregnancy if Rogelio presents a ring to Pticakes.
 

Thank you, Cheryl.
I didn't see the episode yet but read the recap first. I see that I didn't miss much. I'll catch up tomorrow night.
Jarifa- the ultimas semanas began towards the end of last week.
Pablo- great idea, Panfilo should go after Tracy but he is probably too old for her.

 

Cheryl:

Thanks so much for this splendid recap! Thanks for your late comment on my recap and Balloon Fest! I've seen pictures of it and those Balloons are very lovely.

I too liked the fact that Pato poured ice water all over Moronica. She so deserved that, and besides, she was THE WEDDING CRASHER! She was NOT invited. She just came to cause trouble as she usually does. Moronica is one horrible beyotch. I hope Rogue ends up with that bebe and Val ends up with Chucho and Alma. Chucho did say something about trying to get full custody of Valentina. It's about time.

Quico is very cute. His piano playing was great. I did like the Michael Jackson moon walk though, he is really good. By the way Pablo, Valentina is 7, and I agree a little too young to be texting and calling. Chucho did tell her she was limited to 30 minutes.

About the robot bebe. I thought it was cute at first, but now it is old. I don't think Xochi is going to change her mind about having kids anytime soon. Ferny should have really talked to her before going this route, but she did tell him beforehand she wasn't ready. And oh by the way, some babies do pee on you that way when you change their diapers. My daughter did it to me when she was a baby, and my nephew did it to me too. I learned the trick about keeping the diaper loosely on the privates until it was time to actually take the diaper off. It is messy ; )

I don't like the previews of Chatita. Marta needs to go already. She is way beyond BSC. I want that Doc to find out Marcia and Marta switched places, so Marta can go back to the manicomio, before she tries to hurt Val again.

Cheryl:

You are so right about Malala Yousafzai, that girl has so much courage and has been through so much. She is the voice of reason and thank you for mentioning her. Bravo to this courageous girl and I hope she succeeds at all she does!


 

Cheryl, thanks for a bright & funny recap of a terribly tedious episode. The only part I enjoyed was Rogue and Julio dancing while shouting "Chicle! Chicle!" If he's willing to make a fool of himself for Pati, then he really *has* changed. (And he appears to be quite a good dancer IRL.)

So now we have a fountain-peeing robot baby, a lascivious yanqui cougar, a pregnant lady wrestler, a shady lawyer who hits on the help, and they decide to add...an 8-year-old Lothario channeling a dead child molester? That dance was creepy as all get-out. And if he's any older than 8, it's even creepier. ULTIMAS SEMANAS, TAKE ME AWAAAAAAY...
 

I am going to blame being cranky due to old age (why not?), and so I dislike more then 80% of stuff I see on TV (and movies, but that's another story).

What bothers me with PEAM, besiides the usual, is that they keep adding and adding stuff that in my opinion, is not necessary.
Do we really need Tracy to come to Monterrey and connect with her lost long son? NO! Who benefit from that story? The super couple, who being as nosey as they are pretending they are helping want to know everything that is going on everywhere!
Do we really need Valentina, who is ''7'' to show romantic interest in a sissy boy who admires Michael Jackson? NO! Who benefit from that story? Jesús, who now is going to be even ''funnier'' trying to not take this ''relationship'' as most fathers do.

I am getting tired of all this cheating, making up characters that are not vital to the story just to make it longer. Alma should have the baby ASAP (but first marry, remember that this is a family TN and right now Alma is pregnant out of wedlock), Verónica needs to join Mart/cia in the house of laughter so the rest of Monterrey can be happy.

Please tell the writers to leave some plots for future TNs, they don't have to USE THEM ALL in just this one! Thanks!
 

Cheryl thanks for this recap. So few high point but happy for Julio. Moronica continues to be wretched but I'm psyched we are in the "ultimas semanas."
 

Thanks Cheryl. This was one interesting episode you got there...and did a great job working through all the antics.

I hate to admit, but I'm starting to get bored with this TN. I have to agree with Pablo that we seem to be getting people and plots that are just added, more than likely just to string this TN out.
The robot baby, c'mon. Why did Ferny, who was getting his act together, suddenly have to be made dumb with this thing? Stop it.

Thankfully the wedding wasn't ruined beyond repair. The dancing was cute and overall good time. However, though it may have been cute to throw in Chucho seeing his little girl have a crush for the first time, there was something just not quite right about Rico. For one thing, he looked @ 10 or 11 to me. To be honest, no self-respecting pre-teen would look at a first or second grader romantically. But I'm guessing we are now stuck with this "romance" as well?

And oh--surprise!!!--Val is going to get traumatized again. I jjst can't.... Yeah, much more of this and I won't be sorry to come to the point when we can stick a fork in this TN.

P.S. I still miss Elias.

 

Thanks, Cheryl!

Any episode that has good music and Julio, Rogue, and Jessica all dancing is a good episode to me. They should have shown more of that.

Quico is cute, but the storyline is ridiculous. He's in preteen mode, but Val is still very much a little girl, and they're both too young for any romantic nonsense. Why can't they just be friends? The writers seem out of ideas so they're coasting on random romance autopilot.

I liked when Pato dumped the ice water on Vero, too. She deserved it.

I'm glad Xochi took the batteries out of that stupid borgbaby, too, and that she finally talked directly to Fernando about it (even if she is still whining a lot of the time). Those two are so not ready for a baby.
 

OT: Is CI in ultimas semanas? What is the next TN? Is it the one with Ariadne Diaz and Jose Ron. I like AD well enough, but don’t care for JR. What is replacing PEAM? Will it be worth it to tune into either one? Or should I take a break until SN and/or Luc has a new one coming out?

Nanette

 

I thought the young "romance" the writers (Mejia?) were trying to create on QBA with the young Isabel and Jalisquito was inappropriate - and they were around 10 or 11. This is beyond ridiculous - Vale is supposedly only 7! What gives, writers?
 

Nanette:

The TN you are talking about La Mujer de Vendaval is on in the afternoon on Uni, 3 to 4 Eastern Time. I have been following it off and on, it really isn't bad. This is the best acting I have seen from Jose Ron I have to say. The TN has it's comedic moments but it is a drama, not bad really.
 

I think I saw something with Diaz and Ron after Cachito. 2pm.

I think the one that follows PEAM will be the one with Gloria Trevi, Libre para amar, remake of Canarios.
 

Oh, side note: I saw Pulling Strings last night, and I really liked it! Great Mexico City scenery, good mariachi music, funny, Jaime Camil being charming; what's not to like? I recommend it. It's only playing this week in the theater here.
 

Nanette,

CI is not in Ultimate Semanas. It ended in Mexico on Sunday. It still has a ways to go here. I don't know what is replacing it.

I have heard rumors about the one that was supposed to replace PEAM has had some problems, both in ratings and the health of the cast. There was another one that hasn't started filming yet, it starts I believe this week or next that might replace PEAM. We won't know for sure until we see promos for the new one.
 

Thank you, Cheryl, for the recap AND the reminder about Malala. I would like more Malalas and fewer Veronicas, both in real life and on TV.

Thanks also to Madelaine for your weekend recap. When I'm pressed for time, I should really give priority to reading the recaps and comments over watching the episode, because the comments are rewarding and the episodes seldom are...

What else to say? I know I said when this TN started that I really wanted a TN with a robot in it, but this little Tamagotchi was NOT what I had in mind. I was thinking something more like a robot to clean up and serve wine at Alma's place. (One deal-breaking feature I want in a robot is that it should NOT make peepee.) What a relief when Xochi finally took out the batteries.

And Veronica crashing the wedding to harrass Paty. Great. So she doesn't have a regular job and she doesn't take care of her child, but at least she keeps busy with hobbies. This is why she needs so much sleep. I was quite disgusted that Rog let her cry all over him after Paty dowsed her. She's lucky Paty didn't drown her.

All things considered, I thought Paty and Xochi both dealt with their problems the best way they possibly could.

I'm not particularly interested in seeing Valentina with a boyfriend, but Kiko's presence sure got an interesting story out of Zsa-Zsa, er, I mean Tracy, darlings.

Did anyone catch that? "I had a son, he played the piano too"? Remember the photo Xochi had of her alleged dad, the concert pianist, which (when she finally took it out of the frame) ended up being cut out from a magazine? Maybe that really was her father. (Barbara would have been a groupie or something.) That would make Tracy Xochi's grandmother.
 

...and an assassin, because I still can't forget that she was the one who killed Alma's mom!

OK, so PEAM ended way long ago in México and they have replaced with something. Because of Gloria Trevi and the ill cast that prone the bad ratings (they have to blame somebody right? but never the writers!) they are not showing that one here?

Did they ever aired ALMA DE HIERRO here? I saw some promos from when they aired it in México and looked good.
 

Cheryl: Loved the recap. Fav line: “or is she going to wake up dead in this jolly comedy??”

I’m a little behind in eps. Did Panfilo break up with Susana before going to the wedding with Chatita? Looked like he did it there.

Good on Pato for not wanting to engage with Vero out of respect for her condition. Pouring water on her—safe and also cooled that witch off. Must say Vero looked stunning—before she got water bombed.

Was a little uncomfortable with the Vale/Queco thing. Wished the boy had been her age. A mutual “baby” crush. I’m a little concerned. Pato had Vale preening in the mirror and now she’s mooning over an older boy.

And we had an AB moment with Cardy and Jess. Ugh!!

Re: the previews. My heart sank when I saw another scene of Vale crying. STOP IT ALREADY!!!

That preview I saw was edited. It looked like Jesus was showing the fight between Pato and Vero for Alma’s and Seb’s amusement. It would have been out of character—but funnier—than what he was actually showing them.

For some reason I though CI started before PEAM. Also, forgot that the AD/JR TN was on in the afternoons. Might switch over to the Azteca one that Flaco is watching once PEAM is over. Don't want to lose TN momentum.
 

Forgot to thank everyone for the TN info.

Gracias.
 

The one with Ariadne and Jose is on at 12:00/3:00. Who are Luc. and SN?
 

Lucero and Silvia Navarro?
 

Julie:

You have something there! I never thought of that either, the piano player. Hmmmm... another thing to think about ; ) And Tracy a Grandmama, now that would be interesting.
 

Yes, Silvia Navarro and Lucero.
 

Alma de Hierro doesn't sound familiar to me, but that doesn't mean it never aired here - if Univision didn't put it on their own schedule, they might have shown it on Telefutura (I think it's called UniMas now - I don't get that channel).

Wikipedia tells me that Alma de Hierro is what came after Pasion in Mexico. I distinctly remember that when Pasion ended on Univision, FELS started next. What a cruel, cruel transition that was...
 

And Tracy would be a bisabuela if you count the robo-baby. *shudder*
 

Alma de Hierro was shown in half-hour segments at 6 pm here, quite some time ago.

Just watched a little bit of this last night. Felt quite queasy seeing the trumped up romance between Val and that strange little boy playing the piano. They've allowed her to act like a semi-normal little girl up to now...do NOT like this new plot angle. Ack and double ack.

Cheryl, I applaud your decision to write as you watch and not do a re-watch. This one is not worth your time. But I am sorry I missed Rogelio and Julio's dance moves. I saw "Julio" doing a fabulous dance for the finale of Amorcito de Corazon. He is simply fantastic.

As are you, Multi-talented and Multi-Tasking Cheryl. Thanks.
 

Thanks Cheryl! Your recaps are always a complete delight. Your dry asides make me laugh every time.

The reception was a complete hoot. Never a dull moment with this crowd. I thought Tracy looked lovely in her blue outfit, good color for her. And the catfight...very satisfying because Moronica lost. Ha! I think Pato came out ahead on that one.

There was a funny continuity boo-boo. In the beginning Ricardo was on the stage introducing Los Novios, then he was at the table next to Xochi applauding Los Novios, then he was back on the stage with the microphone. With all these new plots are we seeing Ricardo's secret twin? Or maybe he is a time traveler? Nah, probably just bad editing, lol!

However, regarding fun editing, I had a good laugh when Jessica strolled into her honeymoon suite and the camera had a close-up of Cardenas with a big bunch of bananas in the foreground! Then more banana close-ups when Jess was consoling him. I think the camerawoman/man has a naughty sense of humor.

Xochi, thank you for removing BotBaby's batteries. I hate that story line.
 

P.S. I think Rogelio was buying a watch for Pato.

The dancing was terrific. I noticed our galan didn't have to bust out any moves. Poor FC has many things but rhythm and dance isn't one of them.
 

Sylvia, too funny! I didn't notice Ricardo's duplicate.

I did notice the bananas! Surprised we didn't pan to some blueberries or wilted flowers after...
 

Madam Cathcart, I do humbly offer my thanks for your "live blogged" recap and don't blame you one bit for not wanting to rewind and replay.

Does anyone the number of semanas that go into ultimas semanas? 6? 10?

"Quico" (as our captions spelled it) frankly gave me the creeps. Didn't Cardenas call him his nephew?

Madre Cardenas seems like one of the few decent characters on this show.We haven't seen much of her but she seems to be truly strong and a great mother to Oliverio.

The Fernando storyline needs to stop and soon. I'm not mad about Xochitl but am grateful she extracted the batteries.

Patricia was very resourceful in dumping the pitcher of ice water on Veronica as opposed to getting into a slugfest. The idea of a Veronica spawn by Rogelio is really grotesque.
 

Sylvia, I thought it was a watch Rogelio bought, too. Although if he only has one week to convince Paty he's serious, a ring probably would have been better.

javascript:;Mike, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was creeped out by the little lounge lizard. My calculations say we'll wind up the week before T'giving -- menos mal.
 

I thought the lounge lizard was cute when he was just the nephew playing piano for the first dance, but he lost me when he started sliming all over Val. Hasn't she suffered enough?
 

I think if Rogue is serious about getting Pato back, he should do something besides buy stuff for her. That's what their relationship has always been, and it's toxic. He's rich; she knows he can spend money on stuff; that doesn't show any change or commitment. But regardless, she should stay away from him until he deals with his Venomica problem, for sure.
 

The thing is, whether it's a ring or a watch, Rogelio is picking out the gift ALL BY HIMSELF. He always had Susana do it before. (Or maybe he picked out that necklace he sent Paty before, the one that Veronica intercepted when Paty sent it back.)

I'm hoping, for the sake of tonight's recap, that he picks out something really hideous.

In the avances, he was standing in front the wristwatches for sure. That doesn't mean that he isn't buying a ring, but it does seem odd.

Maybe he just wanted to know what time it was. Know what time it is, Rogue? Time to buy a ring!
 

He had Susana buy that necklace, too. I was surprised that he recognized it when Vero wore it. Susana must send him pictures of the stuff she buys so that he can pretend to have picked it himself. Although either she forgot, or he was too busy to look when he staged that aggressive engagement attack on Alma and Chucho picked the turquoise heart ring.
 

Funny how when Chucho bought a ring for Alma's engagement to him, he no longer thought she needed something Unique and Personal. He was all about the Standard Large Diamond.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder