Tuesday, October 08, 2013

La Tempestad, October 7, 2013. Capitulo 51. Hernan goes BSC


The butler tells Ernesto to keep his eyes on his little wifey. She's getting to chummy with Hernan.

Cande consoles DamFineInWhite. She tells him to recall the good times that he had with Madrina and the love they shared. They also talk about Marina. He doesn't think that he can get her back. Cande tells him to fight for her and not give up.

Marina is in her office and Hernan pops it. He thinks it's a crazy idea to break off the engagement. Marina says she only agreed to marry him because she had a special affection for him, but does not love him. Hernan insists that he can make her love him. (my dear boy, you are delusional) He begs for more time. Marina says if I agreed, it just wouldn't be right. We just need to end as friends. Hernan begs her not to break it off. She tells him that he has to accept it and returns the ring. He notices that she wasn't wearing the ring and asks why? Because I felt dishonest wearing it replies Marina. I know this is hurting you but I have to be sincere. This engagement cannot go on. He grabs her and tries to reason with her. She fights him off, yelling out that he's hurting her. Hernan ignores her plea and says that he won't accept it. You're mine! You belong to me! I cannot accept you being with another man. He tries kissing her, but she keeps fighting him off. I need you!, says Hernan. Marina says that he can't make her be with him. “You have to to forgive me, I'm desperate. No, replies Marina. This isn't the first time you acted this way and I don't like it. I'm sorry, but this cannot go on. She leaves and he stares at the ring.

Mercedes finds out that all the stock that she invested in, crashed. This will affect all her other businesses. They need to come up with a plan she tells her accountant.

Marina at the cave says that she misses DamFine and can't stand being away from his chiseled chest and muscular arms. DamFineInWhite appears and says “It's strange. I use to came here to meet up with you and now I come to feel closer to you. I know that I have made many mistakes. I did what I did, only thinking of you. In your happiness. It was my crazy way of trying to protect you. But just one word from you, and I will do anything to get you back. I will fight anything or anyone. You don't have to win what is already yours, replies Marina. I don't want to talk about the past. Let's just leave it behind us. That's all I want replies DamFineInWhite. Together forever says Marina. DamFineInWhite asks her to forgive him for hurting her. She just wants to start over again. Are you sure asks DamFineInWhite. Start again from zero? You promise? Yes, says Marina and she meets his velvety, lush lips for a kiss.

Hernan goes BSC. He starts destroying his home office and yells out “Why are you doing this to me!” I was going to change for you! To be another person for you and you left me for DamFine!

Becky tells Jose that she just needs finish up some last minute details before telling DamFine and Marina about their vacation. She's going to surprise them so they can't say no. Jose says when you put your mind to something, you make sure you get it. Becky says of course if things were different, I would respect Marina's decision. But I think that I am doing something that they wouldn't allow themselves to do. Jose tells Becky that she is a complete mystery to him. You are an advocate for love. You want Marina to marry DamFine and form a family but you reject love yourself. Becky says that love is not for everyone. Jose is willing to demonstrate to her how wonderful it can be to have someone love you and be at your side. But this time, we will do things your way. But I know with my affection and tenderness, I can win you over. So do you accept falling in love? (I see a lot of hands going up in the patio. If not her, pick me!)

Bea goes to take her medicine that Madrina made her and drops it. What am I going to do?

Mercedes gets a phone call from Ernesto who says it's great hearing your voice. If I had known it was you, I wouldn't have bothered to answer the phone replies Mercedes. He wants to know how her investments are going. She calls him an ingrate. You made the stock I just bought crash. Yes, replies Ernesto. I knew you couldn't pass up a good opportunity. You may have given me a hard hit, but you will not break me replies Mercedes. We shall see threatens Ernesto.

Ester/Hada recalls Hernan's words about reuniting her with DamFine.

Hernan finishes his hissy fit. He says from this moment on, he will stop being stupid. I am going to pursue you with all my might. You will be mine. YOU WILL ME MINE, MARINA!

DamFine doesn't know what he would do not having her by his side. I need your caresses and kisses. I like to feel useful by your side replies Marina. I need to feel that you love me and need me by your side. Love is magical. But it can cause pain when that love is taken from you. But it can also cure your soul. All the memories I had with you is what made me endure being away from you replies DamFine. I want you this way for the rest of my life. To hold you in my manly muscular arms and know it's not a dream. That we are together and need nothing else. They kiss again.

Ernesto and Ester/Hada are lunching at a restaurant. He asks her what is going on between her and Hernan? I don't know what you mean replies Ester/Hada. He's your favorite associate and we just get along. That is all. He reminds her that he will not tolerate any infidelity. In walks Mercedes and Mags. Ester/Hada spots them. I know that woman, but can't place her she tells herself. Mercedes and Mags are seated and Mercedes tells the waiter that her daughter will pick the drinks, but no alcohol. Ernesto hears this and says to himself that she has finally found her daughter. It's that same woman that put me in jail. He gets up from the table and Mercedes spots him. Does he have the nerve to approach me and say something to Mags wonders Mercedes.

DamFine and Marina tell Bea that they have decided to give it another go. (Like seeing them in each others arms was not a hint). We want you to be the first to know. Are you sure asks Bea to Marina. Very sure replies Marina. Now that we have reconciled, I feel at peace again. Did you finish things up with Hernan inquires Bea. Of course answers Marina. Before getting back with DamFine, I broke it off with Hernan. I don't want to play with his feelings. I respect the love that you and DamFine have, even though I think you will suffer replies Bea.

Ernesto does have the nerve and approaches both Mercedes and Mags. I can't believe my luck in seeing you so soon says Ernesto. He tells Mags that it's good seeing her again although thanks to her, he had to spend a night in jail. Mags gives him the stink eye. Mercedes tells him to leave her alone. He tells Mags that he will never forget a woman that hurt him. Who would have thought they would see each other again? He calls her Marina and she tells him she's Mags not Marina.

DamFine tells Bea he understands why she feels that way, but he only did it to protect her daughter. I wanted her to find happiness since I couldn't give it to her behind bars. I know your reasons, but why couldn't you tell her the truth asks Bea. I think lying to her was cruel. You didn't see her. Even though I may want to forget it, I can't.

Nereo comes to visit Hernan. Hernan wants to know if Nereo had anything to do with the death of Madrina. Why would you think that asks Nereo. Hernan says he's not stupid. He knows they found her body near the site where the girls were. Nereo admits to it. He says the old lady came across them. Fully ordered it. I followed her and she just fell down the cliff. I had nothing to do with it. Hernan is pleased. One less witness to worry about and a blow was delivered to DamFab.

DamFine pleads with Bea to understand. It may not have been the right thing to do, but what would you have done? Would you have wanted me to keep her by my side while I was in jail? For her to visit me in jail everyday knowing that she was tied to a man that could not give her all the happiness that she deserves? What would you have done? I don't know replies Bea. If you only saw Marina.... Marina reminds Bea that he only did it to protect her. DamFine tells Bea that now that he's back and realizes that they both still love each other, he just wants to make her happy for the rest of her life. Bea finally decides to accept it.

Ernesto is confused and asks Mags if her name is really Mags. Yes, replies Mercedes. I don't know why you are so surprised. But anyway, tell me who you are with? Another conquest? Another young girl. Are you scared of getting old? Your mistaken this time replies Ernesto. She is my wife. I never would have thought you would get married replies Mercedes. You see how funny life is. I would never have thought to see you in a fancy restaurant with your daughter Mags replies Ernesto. He calls Ester/Hada over and introduces her to Mercedes. Mercedes congratulates her on her pregnancy. She then introduces her to Mags. They shake hands and Ester/Hada holds it and stares at her. Ester/Hada starts hyperventilating and Ernesto asks if she's okay. She says that she suddenly feels sick, that she's out of breath. Can they go? Ernesto promises Mercedes and Mags that they will see each other again.

Lazaro and Jaz/Luz are buying ice cream when Rosy spots them. She wants to talk to them. Perhaps she was hasty in not accepting Jaz/Lu. Jaz/Lu asks if she's going to give them her blessing. Not right now, I'm still getting use to the idea. She says after they get married, they can come and live with her. We are a family. That way you don't have to pay rent and I will not be alone. She kisses Jaz/Lu.

DamFine is grateful for giving him another chance. He and Marina will not allow anyone or anything to get in their way. Marina asks Bea for her blessing and she gladly gives it to them. They all hug.

Lazaro tells Padre Tomas that he is surprised with his mom's new attitude. So is the Padre, but thinks she finally realized that Jaz/Lu is a great girl. Lazaro tells him that they want to get married as soon as possible. What's the rush asks Padre. There is no reason to wait. Jaz/Lu is free and my mom finally accepts her. There is nothing standing in our way. (oh, I think Rosy has a few aces up her sleeves)

Rosy tells herself that the only reason she accepted the upcoming marriage is because she had no choice. But wait until Jaz/Lu comes and lives here. What a surprise she will get. (oh, come off it already. I always say, when you point a finger at someone, you are also pointing 3 at yourself)

Fully wants to know what is happening to him. Damn that old woman. I am not crazy. Hernan pops in for a visit. What do you want asks Fully. I know you didn't come here to check on me. Your right replies Hernan. I came here to seek help in eliminating DamFab. Because of him, Marina broke our engagement. Fully tells Hernan he doesn't know anything about women. Hernan again says it's all DamFab's fault that she broke it off. I'm glad that you gave the orders to kill Madrina. I had to replies Fully. I knew that she would not keep her mouth shut. Hernan asks Fully, if he's in or out in destroying DamFab. When have I ever said no. Hernan says he wants DamFab dead.

The crew go and see DamFab. They remind him that there is a festival coming up for all the single people in town. Padre Tomas puts in on every year. They want to know if it's too early for them to go and have some fun since Madrina just died. DamFab assues them that it will not be a problem. Madrina would want them to continue on with their lives. She will also enjoy seeing them act ridiculous.


Becky is happy that Marina has finally accepted DamFab again. Marina is happy that Bea accepted their relationship and also gave them her blessing. Becky is ecstatic and says I have a present for you. I am organizing a trip for you and DamFab so that you guys can get some alone time. Marina doesn't think she can do it right now. Becky says you guys just got back together. He needs to be distracted with what just happened to his Madrina and you get to heal your heart in his manly muscular arms. Marina wants to check with DamFab first. Becky says fine, but I will not accept a “no” from you. You guys need to celebrate your happiness in private and I'm going to give it to you.

Ernesto doesn't understand why she was fine one minute and the next sick. Ester/Hada says I just felt out of breath, but I feel better now. Ernesto thinks it was because of Mercedes. There is no one else in this world that I hate more then that woman. Ester/Hada isn't listening. She wonders where she knows Mags from?

Bea asks the doctor how things are looking. He tells her that everything looks fine and that the tumor even shrunk. Bea says ever since I started taking the drops that Madrina gave me, I have felt so much better. He advises her to keep taking it. Bea tells him that she finished the drops. He tells her to have faith.

Ursula comes to visit Hernan. I just found out that Marina broke off the engagement. Hernan confirms it and says she did it without thinking about my feelings. Not caring if she hurt me. Ursula asks if he preferred if she was still with him, but didn't love him? I would have preferred DamFab came back dead replies Hernan. (By the look on Ursula's face, I'm thinking she's asking herself if she wants to board the crazy train with this guy?). There are things about me you don't know says Hernan. Well I can assure you that I want to know everything there is to know about you. She makes a move, but he doesn't think it's a good idea right now. She just wants him to forget about everything including Marina for now. Think about having a real woman in your arms. You are a woman that knows what she wants asks Hernan. You don't know me yet replies Ursula. And I would feel real bad if you rejected me. I liked you from the first moment I saw you and I know you liked me too. Hernan thinks it's not the right time since he just broke off with Marina. Ursula chooses to ignore him and makes her move. She kisses him and they move it to the desk.

Becky and Jose are having coffee at the hospital. Jose tells her that he found the perfect spot for Marina and DamFab's vacation. Becky is happy that Jose is helping her. Jose says that DamFab and Marina were both born for each other. It got me to thinking where I would like to take you. I thought of a bed on an island. (Becky, say yes! Run into his arms and agree. Please!). Becky is surprised and never thought that he would be so daring. I would just want to be with you. To talk and get to know you better. So with that idea, I found the perfect place for Marina and DamFab. Becky says that they are going to send them there so that they can celebrate their love. Jose is glad she agrees. He made the reservation already. He tells Becky that since Marina and DamFab are going on a trip, why don't you let me take you out dancing. He knows the perfect place.

Marina tells DamFab that Becky booked them for a vacation and they leave this very night. She hopes it doesn't bother him. If I told you no, it would be crazy of me. Why wouldn't I take this opportunity to be alone with you? I had doubts at first replies Marina. But we need this time to celebrate our love. To have peace. This will be our best medicine. DamFab says that one of the things he loves about her is her transparency. He knows that she will never lie to him. Marina thinks that they need to decide on their future. When enough times passes. That is if you agree. I will agree with anything you propose. What is it that you want asks DamFab. To get married replies Marina. My love, if you want, we can get married tomorrow. They kiss and laugh.

Manana: Marina and DamFab re-connect; Hernan is not happy that Marina and DamFab are on vacay; Fully asks Lazaro to kill DamFab.

Labels:


Comments:
Gloria:

Thank you so much for this splendid DamFine recap! I loved all the detail.

So glad DamFine and Marina are back together! It's been too long already, but just how long will this last? And Bea giving the blessing to them, who knew? Maybe she is getting over the Herny obsession? I will wait and see.

I knew it! About Ernesto confusing Mags with Marina. I bet he never knew Mercy had twins. The night he took Mags away from Mercy she had been holding her and he snatched her right out of Mercy's arms. Marina must have been in another room asleep. Won't ole Ernie be surprised when he finds out that they are twins. He has no clue.

Hada/Ester has pieces of DamFine, she keeps them in a memory bouquet, she's got pieces of DamFine and she just recognized, vaguely Mags as Marina. These phrases are a shout out to Three Dog Night's "Pieces of April", I thought of that song as soon as Hada/Ester got some of her memory back. I wonder how long it will be before she goes back to R-Lay-Dee.

Herny's break down was so stupid. Yeah, like he can make Marina love him. Marina es Mio, bwwwhaaaa. I'm so sick of him! He really belongs with Ursula. Maybe he will. I'm hoping ; )

Loving Jose and Becky. I think she is a true romantic, look how she is helping DamFine and Marina, whatever happened to her in the past really scarred her. I hope she takes Jose and runs with him. He is so Fine!

I don't trust SHUTUPROSY either. She will make poor Jaz/Lu's life hell.

As for the promos, is Herny going to have another hissy fit? I can't see Laz killing DamFine. I hope the Commandante is still in town and can put a stop to that. DamFine is like a cat, he has like nine lives. He's used up what four so far? But then again, every plan Herny has had for DamFine hasn't worked out! I hope that continues to hold!

OT: I saw a great silent movie on Sunday night called "Traffic In Souls" it was made in 1913, and the subject was trafficking in young women. Just like our TN here. Instead of kidnapping them, they offered these young women, many of them immigrants what sounded like legitmate jobs, only to find out later they were going to be prostitutes. They even filmed part of this movie on Ellis Island. It was quite interesting. Herny, Fully and Nereo along with Pervy Ernie are all traffickers in souls, no?
 

Thanks for the recap, Gloria.

BSC...that's funny!

Manly Masculine arms never gets old.

Cynderella

 

Thanks Gloria! Your recaps are always a spectacular mix of comprehensive details and your wry editorial comments. What a joy.

Oh boy, new we get to add "velvety, lush lips" to "chiseled chest" and "manly muscular arms". Works for me!

I love this saying, "when you point a finger at someone, you are also pointing 3 at yourself". How true! Looks like ShutUpRosy is turning from an annoying harpy into a malicious troll. Those kids should NOT move in with her.

I guess EsterHada didn't notice that Ernesto introduced Mercedes as one of his oldest friends and then later said she was his arch enemy.

Hernan and Ursula, love amongst the broken glass? Somehow that seems so apropos. (OK, I know the help probably cleaned up the glass, but still...) I was worried that Hernan was going to heave one of those stone balls through the glass window.
 

Thank you, Gloria another wonderful reading piece.
Madelaine- I'm with you. I don't trust shutuprosy one bit.
Cynderella- you are so right, the manly arms never gets old.
Wow- que the heck with Hernan. That was a massive tantrum. He will never get it. He and Ursula belong together.
Ernesto - what a jerk and I'm glad that he didn't know that Mercedes had twins. I love Mercedes' spirit. She is a tough cookie. I guess that Mercedes doesn't know Hada/Ester, they hadn't crossed paths, because she didn't flinch upon meeting her.
As has been previously said- Ximena makes a much better Mag than Marina. She seems to relish with the attitude of Magdalena.
 

I like that Magdalena seems to have some sort of spidey sense radar. She had some definite reactions to both Ernesto and Ester.
 

Loved this Gloria. You write exceptionally well and your comments are always on point "(my dear boy, you are delusional)". You captured the essence of this eventful episode perfectly. Also loved "velvety, lush lips" and "If not her, pick me!".

I'm a little confused about what Ernesto does or doesn't know. So, Ernesto didn't know there were twins? I wonder if this meeting will make him think further about it. Mags was defiant in her declaration she wasn't Marina. Color me confused.

Tablet jefa, I was shocked that Mercedes didn't recognize Ester! Like you, I had thought they had at least met before.

I loved your noting that Ester keeps pieces of DamFine in her memory bouquet, Madelaine. She certainly did sense something with Mags and it certainly wasn't warmth or friendship!

Jose and Becky are really heating up. And yes, Jose rightly senses there is a romantic being inside Becky, and he is doing everything he can to open her up to love's possibilities. Sigh. Wonder if we will ever get the background story?

Nothing left to say about Rosy as you summed it up sensationally Sylvia: "Looks like ShutUpRosy is turning from an annoying harpy into a malicious troll'. 'nuff said!

Ursula and Hernan's almost violent coupling of pure lust (mixed with vengence) was unsettling.

Looks like Dam and Marina will have one last getaway before Ester comes back...

Thanks again Gloria. This was great.

Diana
 

Super recap Gloria

Mercy & Ernie meet in the only restaurant in DF, I am afraid we are on the Mejia slide. Too bad Mercy never heard about diversifying your investments.

Hernein is certifiable. Sure, having Damguapo killed will make Marina love him. And Fulgencio wanted Laz out of
la trata de blancas , but now wants him to be a hit man, ¡Qué what!
I'm sure that wasn't Monica's idea.

The woman consoling Dam was Cande???
I thought Cande was a blond.


 

Gloria - Fine recap. Some of my favorites:

“…and you left me for DamFine!”

“Like seeing them in each others’ arms was not a hint.”

"I'm thinking she's asking herself if she wants to board the crazy train with this guy."

Ursula is no good, but I get a kick out of her and I think she does like Dam beyond just wanting to boink him. She doesn’t seem psycho like Hernan, so I'm wondering how far she'll go for him. Trying to break up Dam and Marina is one thing, but killing Dam is another.

Not getting a kick out of Rosario. I hope the Padre figures out she's up to no good, cause I think Jaz and Lucia are too sweet to get it.

Madelaine - Enjoyed your walk down "Pieces of April." Haven’t heard it in a long time.

I too am confused about how much Mercedes knows. Does she know Marina had Ernesto in jail for a night? Is that why she didn't question Ernesto when he told Mags he wouldn't forget what "she" did to him?

Variopinta - Cande has stopped wearing a wig so maybe that's why she looks different, but I don't remember if the wig was blonde.
 

Gloria -- What a DamFine recap! Thank you for all the details. Loved your asides.

LOL @ Hernan's hissy fit. I feel so bad for whoever had to clean up the mess he made. It makes me laugh how Hernan wants DamFab dead. What else is new? Fully and him should know by now that DamFab has more than nine lives. Oh and so much for Hernan's "love" for Marina. He had no problem sucking face with Ursula just hours after Marina broke up her engagement with him.

ShutUpRosy can't be trusted. I knew something fishy was going on when she had a change of heart all of sudden and asked the kids to move in with them.

ShutUpBea was getting on my last nerve. I yelled Shut Up Bea at the TV screen when said said that DamFab would only make Marina suffer. I'm glad she ended up accepting the relationship but I won't forgive her until she proves to me that she won't meddle in Marina's love life anymore.

I loved how the crew asked DamFab for permission to go the festival. Where was Lolo? He's been MIA for a while now. Guess the actor had the day off or something.

Loved the scene with Mercedes, Mags, EstherHada, and Ernesto at the The Only Restaurant In Mexico City. This is getting good.

Looking forward to the weekend getaway with Marina and DamFab. It should be DamFine.
 

Niecie -- Mercedes does know Marina sent Ernesto to jail for one night.
 

I was wondering who the dark haired woman was the other day, I guess I missed that trash of the wig. Is it only Mercy & Muñeca left?


 

Variopinta -- I was surprised to see Candy without the wig. She told Rebeca and Ursula she had a surprise the other day and I guess losing the wig was the surprise. As for who is still wearing a wig, along with Mercedes and Muñeca there is also Macario who is still sporting that awful black wig.
 

Who is the good looking crew member meeting with Dam? El Oso, Bagre & ?
 

Variopinta -- The crew members are Bagre, Oso, Lagarto, Lolo (the chubby one), Lazaro, and Gumaro (the cook).
 

How could I not mention Macario, the worlds worst wig, even worse than Teo in CI. Where did they dig up that thing?
 

Gloria - love 'DamFineInWhite; velvety lush lips,' along with the rest of your humorous recap. Thank you!


 

It was Lagarto, Salvador Ibarra, he was Dr Carlos Rey in MEPS. He was also in Amores Verdaderos, it doesn't say what character.
 

Mauricio, Lolo might be putting flowers on Mayuya's grave. He was the only other person in R-Lay-Dee who gave a hoot about her. Hopefully he'll hook up with the rest of the crew for the Fandango! (Can't wait. I love telenovela parties.) Didn't Jose tell Becky they were going to have dance lessons there? Wheeeee!
 

Variopinta -- Mejia and Mrs. Mejia must buy the wigs from the same place.
 

It must be the 2nd hand store.
 

Everyday I have this huge silly smile, as I'm reading recaps, and comments about our DamFab. Gracias a todos.



 

Cap'n
you must have loved the wedding reception PEAM last night, it was a blast, cat fight & all. & complete with a junior Mex Michael Jackson. Great party.
 

Cap'n Sylvia -- That makes sense. Poor Mayuya. Only Lolo and Delfina actually cared about her passing. I wonder what the Fandango is all about. I'm looking forward to it too. It should be fun.

Variopinta -- Salvador Ibarra was also in Refugio. He played Marcos. He has been in other things as well. About the the wigs, I agree that they must come from a 2nd hand store.
 

Vario, I haven't watched it yet! Mr. Sharkbait won the arm wrestle so we watched Dancing With The Stars last night. Will watch it on Hulu right now.
 

But it sounds like it will exceed my wildest expectations so I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the reminder.
 

Thank you, Gloria, for this witty and detailed recap.

I enjoy Marina and Rebeca together. I liked the way Marina gently mocked Becky's overly theatrical girlishness by mirroring it.

I also liked the Hada/Magdalena cold fish handshake. To borrow (or beg -- or steal?) from Sylvia, I'd say both of them seemed to "have some sort of spidey sense radar."

The story is just bouncing along. Even if the production cuts were clumsy, I think they really did help the narrative flow.

I hope that from now on, Marina continues to trust DamFab. I like stories where the good guys team up against the baddies and we know who to root for.
 

I think the wigs must come from the business end of a horse, i.e. it's tail.
 

Hey, that wasn't me that put in that apostrophe! It was my Android Automaton!
 

On another occasion Hernan has proven his "love" for Marina. When she went off with Damian on La Temp one time he protested by cavorting around with those naked women in his pool.
 

"Hey, that wasn't me that put in that apostrophe!"

yeah, yeah, Sylvia.

Physician, heal thyself.

[snort]
 

Snort! So busted. Looks like I'm buying the first round tonight on the patio.

Anon, that was Novela Maven's whores of Babylon wisecrack, so I don't think we'll be forgetting the cavorting any time soon.
 

Thanks, Gloria. Last night, I was surfing between this show, DWTS, and The Voice. If you like music, The Voice is great, and Blake Shelton and Adam Levine are funny together.

Gee, the actor playing Ernasty can really bring the nasty. I hated him as Hippolita's dreadful stepdad in Alborada. He just personifies evil.how would you like to wake up to that sour expression that is perpetually on his face...yikes. Poor Hadaester looks like she is about to pop that baby out at any moment.

Yikes squared....Ursullied and Hernie's lust collision...as opposed to Damgentle and Marina's love connection. That kind of violent kissing is all fun and games until someone chips a tooth....just saying.

Mads...I saw the lead singer of Three Dog Night in concert this summer. He still has a strong,, clear, fantastic voice.

Well, I just threw about a million walnuts over our backyard fence into the surrounding woods, and I need a break. Lily calls them coconuts, and this year they are almost as big as coconuts...okay, small coconuts.
 

Wonderful recap!!! Only have a minute or two during lunch to read all the recaps from yesterday and comment...

I may be in the minority, but I got a veritable hoot out of Hernan's BSC tirade. I could see the script pages now:

HERNAN: Enter room. Have at it!

It had been awhile since I saw a good tear up of a room. We should get Ivan and Jessica Coch together in a show and let them "have at it". He can trash the furniture and she's a master on the breakables.

I'm so enjoying Becks and Jose. They are just so darn cute...and man, when he let go that smile last night. Freeze frame moment.
 

SusanLynn:

I too have seen them but not recently. They are fantastic to say the least.

Did you see the Irish guy on the Voice last night speaking Spanish like a native? He was fantastic and I think he speaks Spanish way better than Xinta! I hope he wins.
 

Gloria thanks for this great recap. Yes Henry went BSC but he often has melt downs. I am thankful that Marina has realized those aren't accidents; he's just crazy.

I am hopeful that Mags will get involved in the taking down of he-is -so-vile-Ernie.


 

Kinda off topic, but since we are talking about speaking Spanish, I went to a party on Sunday and met a charming Norwegian woman, friend of the hostess, who was sitting in a corner by herself. Turns out she spoke very little English, but had vacationed every year in Spain. So she, Mr. Sharkbait and I were able to converse together in Spanish. Bye and bye another guest came by whose mother was from Spain and she also spoke Spanish, so she joined the conversation too. I am not fluent, but was able to speak enough to at least carry on a simple conversation. So you see, our Spanish Lessons out on the patio really work!
 

Cap'n:

This guy was so good I thought he was Hispanic and I could clearly understand every word he said and he wasn't speaking slowly either. The Spanish lessons on this blog have helped me immensely and how cool is it to speak Spanish with a guest at a party and to understand and speak with them! Way cool!
 

Note to Mercedes: get Caller ID for your phone so that you know when Ernasto is calling to harass you.

Sylvia , have you seen the statistics for the growth of Latinos in the U.S..? My boss is getting a speaking for our faculty development day to explain how important the ESL program is for the future of the college.

Mads...The Irish guy singing in Spanish was great. I am not a fan of Cristina, but she has a powerful voice and sounds great on duet of the LT theme song.
 

I can't wait 'til Hernein goes after the terrariums.
 

Hmmm..a padre-sponsored Single Mingle. !!! Do you think that Ursullied and Hernie will attend the festivities ? Maybe Bea and Rosy should come and try to find a significant other so that they can give their kids a little space.
 

Ah yes. The cavorting by the pool will forever remain in my memory. As will Hernan saying "What happens at Hernan's always stays at Hernan's".

daisynjay -- Jessica Coch was set to play Mayuya but due to other commitments when the filming began she was replaced by Malisha Quintana. It was such a shame because I think Jessica Coch would have made an excellent Mayuya. Although Malisha Quintana did an excellent job too.
 

Jose is obviously not big on details..."I thought of a bed on an island." Could you be a little more specific ??? We need details. Paint a picture for us, Jose.
 

Susanlynn --

"padre-sponsored Single Mingle"

I loved this. Padre must be in dire need of a couple to wed. As for Rosy and Bea, they'd never set foot at a single mingle. They are too old school for that.
 

""I thought of a bed on an island."

Um...Susanlynn, I don't like being a party-pooper, but I'm pretty sure he said 'una cabaña,' not 'una cama.'

I guess we hear what we want to hear, huh? :D
 

Thanks Gloria...the refrain of Manly Muscular Arms was terrific. The more you said it, the more I laughed.

And I think DamLushLips should be added to Anita's list.

But my absolute favorite was :

"I'm thinking she's asking herself if she wants to board the crazy train with this guy."

And evidently Ms. Ursula does, for a wild ride or two, anyway.

Haven't seen this yet, but looking forward to decompressing this afternoon and taking a peek at the mega-tantrum.

We used to have a beloved football coach in these here parts with a volcanic temper. And while other people were shocked, I....coming from a family with more than a few of volcanic temperament..... quite enjoyed the sideline markers flying through the air, while wristwatches were sheared off and stomped. Almost as good as Bobby Knight hurling folding chairs across the floor. Cosy feeling. Just like home. Great stuff.
 

Gloria:

This was a super recap. I have not yet seen the episode. It seems there were several arm wrestling matches in the homes of the denizens of the Patio. In my home the faceoff was between La Tempestad and some football program. I lost and I will have to watch the epi in a few.

I cannot wait to see Hernan's meltdown. Having never thrown a true-hissy fit myself,I always enjoy a bout of vicarious hysteria.

Comments are so funny today. Hee hee.

More after I see the capitulo.

Thanks again, Gloria, for the fine and timely recap.

EJ
 

JudyB:

I love your comment about the football coach. What fun it must have been to watch the sidelines for his antics.

EJ
 

Thanks for this wonderful and very illustrative recap, Gloria. Well done.

Variopinta, I'm with you. If those terrariums are still intact when this is all over I'll be very disappointed. Instead he took his anger out on some perfectly good whisky in a beautiful decanter. Sigh.

Carlos
 

EJ...Evidently he had a whole drawerful of cheap Timex watches so he could sacrifice the little buggers freely whenever the mood took him. I think Hernán's terrariums are a little more costly. And heavy!
 

Judy,

"I think Hernán's terrariums are a little more costly. And heavy!"

...and begging to be to be smashed.

Carlos
 

I personally got the giggles over that leather chair. That poor thing took quite a beating last night. First PinkPants did terrible, mean things to it during his meltdown, then it had to deal with the Doin'it dance between PinkPants and Ursula. (I'm sorry, but ever time I here her name I think George of the Jungle.)

My guess is the terrariums may be the one items not to be destroyed. I still think some of that is rented at a real abode, so we won't get the thrill of some of those tempting items getting smashed to smithereens. Kind of a shame since Ivan seems to be good at this. It's a special art that not everyone can pull off...teehee.
 

Novelamaven...oh....Well, There must.be a cama in that cabana, no????? HA
 

I heard cama not cabana. Perhaps in my mind, I was trying to fast forward their relationship. Sorry!
 

Hey Gloria and Susanlynn,
Maybe José DID say cama. Sometimes it's the quiet ones that surprise you. :)
 

They all have their specialties, like Sergio Sendel's phone toss.
 

Highlights of the episode: FIRST: The looks of contempt and disgust Magdalena was giving Hada/Ester and Ernesto. Priceless. SECOND: The looks Lazaro and Lucia exchanged when Rosario was being all nicey-nicey to them. Hilarious. I noticed that Hernan is the kind of guy who, throughout the series, eats very little but drinks alcohol in almost every scene he's in. Maybe that explains why he's so thin? Lastly, I'd like to mention that it must be horrendously painful for Mercedes to see a pregnant woman with Ernesto. She must have had to really clamp down hard on her instinct to tell Ester/Hada to RUN RUN RUN!!! Poor Mercedes.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder