Tuesday, October 29, 2013

PEAM, Tuesday 10/29/13 (#166): Bloodshed and Anemia

Chucho isn't impressed with the voicemail message that was found on Alma's phone. Delia calls in some favors and gets a few police officers to help Chucho go around the neighborhood with photos of potential witnesses from the security camera. Chucho finds out that one particular guy who may have gotten a good look at the shooter's face is a vagrant named Cristobal.

Remember I joked a while back that Vero needs lots of sleep to keep up her busy schedule of bitchery? Today she visits Alma in prison to gloat. There's a minimum 30 year sentence for murder, she taunts. Despite feeling crummy, Alma musters up enough bile to counter-taunt. "Jesus is MINE and he will NEVER be yours! You'll lose your child and then you will rot from the inside. You will die of hatred."

Chucho is waiting in his car at the murder warehouse in hopes that Cristobal will come around. Rog comes out to see him and talk about Vero and Alma. Chucho brings him up to date on the investigation and shows him Cynthia's foto of Vero's Gallery of Grief or Wall of Woe or Mural de Muertos.

Chucho notes that Rogelio really is changing. Abashed, Rog says he still has lots of secrets. He wants to free himself of all his past misdeeds and hints that a big punishment awaits.

Sleep-deprived Chucho and Rog snooze peacefully side-by-side in Chucho's car. Cristobal happens by and they almost miss him - but they wake up just in time. With Chucho's pleading and a cash incentive from Rog, Cris says he did see the woman. She was wearing a mask and she had a diamond in her tooth. (Classy!) She wasn't tall like Alma, nor thin like Vero. This means that in addition to the two men the other witness saw, Vero also hired a woman for her little murder squad.

Xochi and Fernando go shopping for baby furniture. It ain't gonna be cheap because they'll need five of everything. FF>>

Chucho tells Valentina that he's helping Alma out with some problems. I don't know if he ever got Vero to agree not to mention Alma being in jail, but whatevs; Vero comes to pick up Valentina for visitation.

Chucho takes Vero aside and tells her everything he thinks he knows about the murder. She denies all, but gloats anyway. Now he's feeling all the pain and IMPOTENCE she's been wanting him to feel! Bwahahaha!! He punches the chair next to her head, and Sebastian reminds him not to do anything regrettable because she's not worth it. ("I'm still calm," Chucho growls.) However, Sebastian is soon ready to clock her himself.

"I won't tell you what happened that night, and you can never prove it," Vero smirks. Chucho doesn't want to let her take Valentina, but she threatens to take him to court if he denies her, and then BOTH of Luisita's parents would be in jail; so Chucho agrees to let Vero take Valentina for just an hour and Minerva will have to go with. (Does this qualify Minerva for hazard pay?)

Chucho reminds Vero that he could have turned her in for kidnapping Alma on their wedding day. "Well, you didn't!" she laughs. Chucho replies, "You will pay. You will fall. Now get out because I won't be able to control myself!"

Alma has been pale and weak lately. Her cellmate thinks it's anemia. It's difficult to get to see the prison doctor, so Alma pretends to faint at lunch. The doctor takes a blood sample.

Chucho tells Chatita and Sebastian that Vero will soon make a mistake. He noticed that she got nervous when he mentioned the mask to her.

Chatita tries to convince Chucho to rest. It's Saturday, for Pete's sake. Naturally, someone is at the door. It's Panfilo and Maricela. Panfi wants to see his sweetie, and Mari wants Chucho to hire Ricardo back.

Vero offers to take Valentina wherever she wants to go. Vale wants to see her new brother. Oooooh, awkward! Vale introduces Minerva and Domitilia, who go off to gossip and compare notes on what a bitch Vero is. Vale goes upstairs to see the baby, and Vero waits downstairs, where Sanson II displays the same doglike devotion that Original Sanson did. (Vero insults him, but I think the actress is trying hard not to laugh and tell him what a handsome boy he is.)

While Vale bonds upstairs with Paty and Fernandito, Vero flashes back to the night of Mad Marta's murder and congratulates herself aloud, "My plan was perfect!"

"Not so perfect," Rogelio interrupts unexpectedly. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Vero's Flashbacks

Here are Vero's flashbacks of the murder night, scattered through two or three different scenes:

Vero's goons bring unconscious Alma into the warehouse. Another woman that we don't see is waiting outside for Alma's clothes, and Vero emphasizes to the goons that she and the other woman should not see one another. She orders the men out so that she can undress Alma. (What unexpected delicacy!)

Alone with Alma, Vero gloats that she could kill Alma now, but she has a better plan. I note that Vero is wearing gloves - she LITERALLY doesn't want to get her hands dirty (but we've known that since the very beginning). She takes Alma's clothes, bracelet, ring, and phone.

After the murder, the goons come back with the gun and tell Vero the woman fired three shots and they've wiped her fingerprints off of it. Pleased, Vero puts the gun in Alma's hand and fires; now there will be gunshot residue on Alma's hand. (Was this her right hand? Is Alma left-handed? I think I saw the bad guy get tripped up by that one in a Columbo once.)

Alma begins to stir. She's asking for Chucho, of course. Vero orders the goons out so she can dress Alma and they can finish up the plan, drive Alma back to the house, etc before she wakes up and sees them.

Go Sox, and RIP Marcia Wallace...

Next time:
Vero finally gets her hands dirty. Her face, too. Who will clean up the mess? Also: Chucho meets a classy broad.

Labels:


Comments:
I knew I was running out of steam when I found myself taking recap notes for an episode of Taxi.

I do have plenty of notes on the murder flashbacks and will add that tomorrow. I was a little confused by one thing, though - after Vero took the bracelet it looked as though she also took Alma's ring. That doesn't make any sense, though, so what did I really see??
 

Julie:

Magnificent recap! You got it all. I missed Killeronica taking the ring, maybe she put it back later. She wore gloves though, smart. Too bad. I thought for sure Chucho would clock her, he was sooo close to doing it, Sebas too. I wish they had in a way.

I wish Chucho hadn't mentioned what he knew to Killeronica. Now she knows what he does, but not all of it, thank goodness. I see why Chucho was so upset to have to let Vale go with Killeronica. I too vote for Minerva getting hazard pay. I liked the little confab Domi and Minverva are having.

Rog and Chucho make a good team I have to say. I am kind of glad they are bonding. Also like the way Pato has bonded with bebe Ferny and Vale too. She'll be a great Mama.

I don't like the promos. I fear for Cyn. Killeronica is on a rampage. I can't wait for her to be caught!

Poor Alma I hope it isn't something serious.

Oh, and Julie don't worry about running out of steam, this was marvelous and with your usual snark.
 

Well done Julie. Yes I saw Vero take the ring off Alma. But she must have put it back or Alma would have said something when she got home. Maybe she just wanted to compare it to the one she got from Pati. Maybe it was to make the fake Alma look real.

Looks like we're in for exciting action scenes tomorrow. But it didn't look good for Cynthia at all. Boo.

Rogelio and Pato handled Vale's message that Vero was downstairs pretty well. I was impressed with Roger's calm demeanor. I sure wouldn't want Killeronica in my house.
 

Great job, Julie. Thanks. At least Jesus made Veronica jump when he punched the chair. I wasn't happy when he grabbed her by the throat: I was worried he'd leave bruises behind. Not a bad episode. Alma has to get sprung soon.

Jarifa
 

This was great Julie and just enough to keep up with the action being I didn't watch last night. Not sure I want to turn in tonight either if we suspect that Vero will be striking again. I guess FC at least gets to play more of his usual dramatic character in many of these scenes it seems.

Boy that want to do a PSA on anemia, Xochi will be a perfect candidate for that soon!

Daisynjay
 

Thank you, Julie for an excellent recap. I saw Vero take the ring from Alma along with the bracelet. Maybe the rest of that mystery will unfold.
Jesus should have been a detective instead of an executive. He has the patience and the fortitude needed to solve any case.
What a shame that two lovely children are born from a demon. I noted how Vero was in the same house as her newborn son and only thought bubbled about herself and not even peek at her baby. What a cold hearted beyotch.
I hope that the preview is misleading and that Cynthia doesn't become one of Vero's victims. We shall see.
 

OK, done. I don't think there were any earth-shattering revelations among Vero's flashbacks, but here they are.

I think the only surprise for me was that they used another woman to do the shooting instead of Vero. Actually, that does make sense because Vero's not a professional and probably couldn't have done it as quickly.

Fish - thanks for confirming about the ring. You're right, it was probably to make the faux Alma look more real. All I could think was that Vero must be obsessed with other women's rings!

I was also wondering how this story would have gone if Eli was still in it. Heh, knowing this producer, Vero was probably going to kill him.

It does look as though Cynthia will take a vase to the head, and from the mess on Vero's face and hands afterwards (assuming we're not being tricked with editing again), additional blows will be necessary to finish her off.

Chances are that Rog will tell Vero tonight that he saw the picture of her Montage of Monstrosity, her Collage of Calamity, call it what you will, and Vero will realize it came from Cynthia.

Well, it's not as though I'm especially attached to Cynthia, but this is the natural next step in Vero's downward slide and she will probably be overconfident and miss some crucial step in the cleanup or the disposal of the body. (That's assuming that she doesn't just brag openly about it, which wouldn't be surprising.)
 

Montage of Monstrosity, Collage of Calamity, Gallery of Grief...ah, you are on a roll, Julie! Not running out of steam at all.

What a relief to finally see Chucho show a little bit of ire and fire. I have not enjoyed the saintly, cottage-cheese Chucho at all.

Rogelio continues to delight though. When he finally awakened from that snooze in Chucho's car, he really did look like he'd just awakened...barely.... in contrast to Colunga's perfect coiffed hair, botoxed skin and crisp, immaculate clothes. Love the sleepy, groggy, realistic Rogelio!

Thanks for the recap Julie. I actually watched part of this. Alma's hair continues to be bright yellow...a result of anemia? Time to re-tint that abundant mane.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

That was me deleting...for some reason my comment posted twice.
 

Ooh, that's another reason Alma needs to get out of prison soon. She needs to get her hair done!
 

Thanks, Julie! Compact and nutritious!
 

Hi, I am finally on line! But it is intermittent as is the hot water! ahhh, Mexico so full of fun surprizes. Quickly before I lose connections: I want to thank Madelaine for her fabulous recap of Monday and to thank Julie for this Equally excellent endeavor for Tuesday. I just read both this morning when the system was on. The story is finally moving, thankfully.
I am not surprised at the reveal of an additional woman to be "Alma the murderer" since Vero is way too short even in her 8 inch heels, no? Kind of a deus ex machina device but then our monkeymen writers probably couldn't invent anything cleverer.
Oaxaca is delightful as always and as this is my last time here this year I am taking in all the thrills of pre-Day of the Dead events and trying to visit with many friends. And just a quick language adventure: after watching the marvelous student parade with unbelivable hand made costumes from recycled materials with great white cadaver makeup, I attended a French film with Spanish subtitles at the Baroque clad Teatro Alcala with a French friend and a Mexican friend. It was "Camille Claudel" about Rodin's mistress and rival who spent her last 20+ years in a manicomio. VeroKilleronica could take some lessons! We then discussed it in English and Spanis on the way home. By the way both of these friends are psychologists. I haven't mentioned PEAM to them yet, eonder what they will think?
 

Hi Julie, Madelaine, Tablet Jefa, Judy B, and everyone. I thought I'd come back to Caray for las ultimas semanas. Julie, I loved all your names for Killeronica's wall. You're recapping Taxi? That scene where Jim has to take his driver's license test... I heard at work yesterday that One Life to Live is suing General Hospital? I also was surprised that it wasn't Vero who did the actual murder. I have been enjoying this show since many of the characters stopped being so silly. I have the theme song running through my head for much of the day. Cuando se ama de verdad...
 

No, I wasn't recapping Taxi... it was just on and I started taking notes because I was too tired to know what I was doing! It was another Jim episode though, actually one of my favorite, the one where his father dies and Jim's sibs win his inheritance in court.

OLTL probably sued GH because GH wrote some of OLTL's chars into GH for a while, which hindered OLTL's chances of being resurrected elsewhere. That's why the OLTL actors who had been on GH were then recast as different characters. Of course this was also inconvenient for those who wanted OLTL to have the same actors playing Todd and Star and the policeman, but maybe it's less lawsuitworthy?

This TN does seem to work better as a drama than as a comedy, when it works at all. As grim and crazy as it's become, it's now easier for me to watch. When FC punches Vero's chair and yells at her, it isn't funny, but at least it's effective. Watching him react to Quico making time with Valentina is neither funny nor effective. It's just unpleasant.
 

I saw the last bit and the previews last night. Did Vero BURY Cynthia?! If so, I hope she was dead. That whole buried alive thing creeps me out--which is why I'm going to be cremated.
 

Oh, maybe that was dirt on Vero's face. I was thinking it was blood. You're probably right, Nanette. Those avances go by so fast that I don't even know what I'm looking at.

Normally it would be more Vero's style to pay someone else to dig the hole, but maybe she's out of money, or maybe she doesn't dare let her goons know that she's finally killed someone herself.

Actually, I'm not sure I hate the idea of her burying Cynthia alive, if it's shallow enough that Cynthia can claw her way out when she regains consciousness. That'd make a fine Halloween episode, yes??
 

Julie, thank you for the thorough and funny recap. Great title!

I haven't had a chance to watch this episode yet, but I'm glad to hear that Chucho got a little rage going on and punched Vero's chair. The Chucho character has been so insipid that I forgot Fernando Colungo can actually do rage pretty well.

Shoot, I hadn't heard that Marcia Wallace died. What a brilliant comedienne. She will always be Carol Kester to me.
 

Julie: I barely looked at the previews. It could have been blood. I thought I saw her outside with a shovel though. I'm with you about the shallow grave. That would be preferable and certainly believable that Vero wouldn't dig a hole deep enough. I like Cynthia now that she's on the light side.

OT: SN might be back in TNs the first part of the year, possibly March.
 

I agree, Julie. Jesus punching Vero's chair beside her head was not funny. In fact, it made me like the character a bit less despite the fact that I understand how frustrating that bruja must be. But I've come to expect him to be better than that. Rog sleeping in the car on Jesus' shoulder was a nice touch. Unrealistic, but it was sweet. Jesus's expression when he saw it was funny.

Oh yeah, besides having the theme song run through my head throughout the day, I now say "juarever" to my friends. I have explained the joke so it isn't so dismissive.
 

Cheryl, I hope you are taking lots of pictures. Something tells me you are. ;-)
 

Oh yeah, Chucho also grabs Vero's throat, which is worse than punching the chair. Is that in the same scene? I don't remember. I should add it to the recap.
 

Julie thanks for the great recap. I'll post more later.
 

Julie, thanks so much. Great title and great recap.

Wow, Vero even thought to put the gun in Alma's hands while she was unconscious and force her to fire it, so that Alma would have gunpowder residue on herself. Although, as we learned in Mi Pecado, Mexican police can't be bothered with/can't afford paraffin tests, so it may have been for naught. And they undressed Alma to use her clothes for the stand-in! That almost seems more violating than framing her for murder.

Liked Rog sleeping in the car and liked that they didn't miss the vagrant witness. We must be getting close to the end, for them to find him that quickly. His memory of the woman's fake face was grotesque. It looked like she was crumbling around the mouth.

Aren't Xochi and Fern jumping the gun just a little, buying all that furniture already? What are the chances all five will survive? Shouldn't they be looking for a bigger home first? Where would they even put five cribs in that apartment?
 

This is a story for Julie. To give it context to others: on One Life to Live Jess had multiple personality disorder, one of whom was named Tess. OLTL liked to do that, named rhyming multiples: Jess/ Tess, Vicki/ Nicki. My co-worker Cathy was bemoaning the loss of OLTL a year and a half ago. "I'm going to miss Bo and Nora, John, Blair, Starr, Tess... Well, not Tess, she's not real." Felicia whirls around on her and snaps, NONE of them are real, Cathy!"
 

The police did do a paraffin test on Alma to test her for GSR, so that was good thinking on Vero's part. But Vero has already told us she's a genius!

Again, I'm wondering if the gun was discharged from Alma's dominant hand. I remember noticing that someone in a TN was left-handed, but I don't remember who or if it was even in this one.

Yes, it's very early to be purchasing five of every kind of baby thing, but maybe they were only looking and not buying. I didn't pay much attention to the scene. Where will they put it all? Maybe they'll get stackable cribs!
 

Bill: LOL! But I know just how Cathy feels. I thought I was going to miss Todd, but the actor is playing Franco like Todd, so that's good enough for me. Ahem, not that I'm watching it. Much. Amazing how you can skip it for weeks, watch one episode, and not be confused because hardly anything has changed.

TN pacing can be slow, but I think US soaps are glacial by comparison.
 

I guess I really have been dozing off during the show. I missed the paraffin test.

I wonder where Vero got the mask.

It would be nice if they could track the GPS on both Alma's and Vero's phones or cars and find out that they were at the same warehouse or whatever the staging area was at the time of the murder.
 

Yes, US soaps are much slower. I had a friend who (kindly) agreed to watch PEAM with me one night. I didn't even know there was going to be a trial, but in one evening it started, Jesus was banned from seeing Valentina, and then something else happened. I said to my friend, that would have taken 3 weeks on a US soap.
 

Vero's taking a big risk. It's always a bit goosey when you involve one person in your nefarious schemes. Now she has a third person involved. Of course, her arrogance knows no bounds (though she's not nearly as bad as the poster child for arrogance--Dionisio on Amor Bravio).
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder