Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Rats, you mean I have to take my dying wife home?!

Hello my favorite peeps, I'm doing tonight's recap because the lovely and talented Vivi is out of town so this week you get two recaps from me, yay?

 The old stuff: We get a repeat of MC saying that all she needs to be happy is Octavio, she could live in poverty with Lupita an one cell 'Tavio and be in heaven (oh gag me with a spoon!), she will always belong to Octavio, ALWAYS-remember this for later folks.

On to the new stuff, at Simona's ranch Octavio and GreedyMig- this is my new name for sleazy, wormy, scum of the earth Miguel Narvaez, GreedyMig and Octavio discuss Simonas ill health and Octavio informs GreedyMig that he is leaving the cash cow, eh I meant to say his wife in order to go back to Maricruz, GreedyMig does not agree with this, think of the money Simona!

 Greedy then tells Octavio that he is lucky, hell when his wife dies he will be rich, rich I tell ya! I used to think that GM (greedy Miguel) was with Lucia because he had no spine but the more I see him in action the more I come t realize that he was with her because they both lacked morals and did not care if others suffered as long as they got what they wanted. I hope this dude gets a giant anvil!


Next up we see Alvaro talking to a lawyer, they discuss getting compensation for the folks that will be loosing the lands they live on and the lawyer tells him they will fight the good fight, a victory would be a big deal for his firm. *side note, I dig Sergio Goyri*

Hey, they finally took Simona to the clinic! Sorry fellow Caray Caray mates, I'm just surprised that they took her to get medical care instead of making her sit at home in bed for hours while she cried out in pain, oh yes, I'm still hung up on the horse accident thing. Ahem, sorry I get distracted, where was I? Oh yes,  Octavio tries to pretend he cares about Simona and when she questions why the doctors look so concerned  he tells her that that's just the way doctors are, you know they are just trying to make themselves look important and stuff and junk, she also expresses concern over the MRI, why will it take so long? One cell Tav tells her it's just the nature of the test and gives her instructions not to worry. Oh Simona, if I were you I'd worry, I'd worry A LOT.

Simoona cries and tells Octavio that she does not want to die, she does not want her baby to be an orphan. Well my dear, if you actually cared about your baby boy you would have given him a name. Anyhoo, she is soon taken by the medical staff for her test and as she is wheeled off she begs for Octavio to go with her.....Octavio just stands there......still just standing there...eh this might be a while, lets see what else is happening , okay?

Back at Rancho El Abuelo GM pays Maricruz a visit and tells her that due to her actions Simona is going to die! Maricruz says the she is not responsible for what happened to Simona, had she not gotten on the horse she would be fine! "Nuuh" says GM, "you tried to steal her husband away from her and in a fit of jealousy she got on the horse and had an accident!", MC's reply to this? "Well she stole Octavio from me first, so there!"and back on forth they go until MC tells MG that she is a single woman, free to do whatever she wants with anyone! MG comes back with "But Octavio is married!" and MC's classic reply is this "Well that's his problem, not mine!", MG throws a final punch and tells her that while she might  be living in his ranch now that will soon not be the case and the ranch will always belong to him and his Lucia (may she burn in hell), MC tells him that may be the case but the ranch belongs to her now and he is not welcomed there, then she fingers snaps and tells him to get the hell out of her property. Once he leaves our little MC cries, someone give the girl some tissues!

Also at the ranch Santa and Perico talk about what happened to Solita, someone tried to take advantage of her and when they find out who it was he will be sorry!

Back at the clinic the tests are done and the news is not good. Simona has a tumor, and while it is small it can not be removed, eventually it will spread and within a few months they will have to prepare for the worst (aka:Death), Octavio asks whether she could have better results if she sought treatment elsewhere but the doctor tells him that he is free to take her anywhere he wants but the results will remain the same (still, a second opinion couldn't hurt, right?)

 While Simona sleeps a nurse comes in and tells Octavio that his wife is well enough to go home that same night, his reply? "What? Wont it be better if she stays here? I'll come visit her once a month, maybe bring her some pie, but uh, please don't make me take my dying wife home", okay, that's not word for word what he said but I saw from the look in his beady little eyes that that's what he wanted to say.

Simona wakes to find Octavio next to her, he tells her she is going to be fine and that the only thing wrong with her are her nerves. *PAUSE* WTF is that supposed to mean? Is that like an actual medical condition? This is a serious question folks, is "nerves" an actual medical condition? Cause if I had horrible head aches, lost my eye sight, and lost use of my legs and someone told me it was just nerves I would punch him. In the throat.Twice. And I'm not even a violent girl.

There is some talk from Simona about the need to make a will, should something be seriously wrong with her she wants to make sure that Octavio and baby Narvaez are taken care of, she will split her assets in half, Octavio gets 50% of everything and the baby the other half. Man when MG hears about this he will be doing back flips!

Back at Rancho Abuelo MC is working herself into a tizzy! She has to know whether Octavio is really going to stay with Simona and sets out to find him, in the process she totally ignores Santa who is trying to tell her that someone attacked Solita, cause as we all know, the universe revolves around MC and her issues. Le sigh.

I'm guessing Octavio told MC where he was staying because she shows up at his hotel and he confirms that Simona is seriously ill and that he wont be leaving her, MC tells him that she is not willing to wait for him and that she will seek a relationship with another man! If that's not true love I don't know what is. These two love each other but can't wait a few months for Simona to kick the bucket? Talk about adult on-set ADD. These two need medication, ASAP!

Octavio says he can't stand the thought of her being with another man, but she says too bad too sad, I am not waiting for you, they say their good-byes and that's a wrap, at least till tomorrow when I'm sure they will be all up in each others business.

In Rancho El Abuelo Jose 'The Jackass' has come to visit MC but he is informed that she is not home, Santa is not very friendly to him and he wonders why, she tells him it's because he is not the same boy he used to be. Solita happens to walk in and as soon as she sees JA she freaks out and it is soon clear to Santa that JA was the man that tried to harm Solita, she confronts him and he denies doing anything wrong but Santa has his number and JA being a coward and all runs away, but not before saying that Solita is a liar. Bastard. Ah, sorry guys it's almost 2 am and I had a long day but I forgot to mention a scene where JA instructs Ester to get Simona to allow them to move into her lands. I hate him, ooooh I hate him so much, jerk!

When MC walks in on Solita and Santa and asks what has made Solita so upset Santa, who is normally smart as a whip makes up a story about Solita getting into some minor trouble and thus my theory is proved:Stupid is contagious and Santa has come down with a bad case of "stupid", symptoms include: Knowing vital information and keeping quiet about it for no good reason! Please Caray mates, make sure to get your vaccination  at your local Walgreens or CVS, because we don't need stupid to spread.

Instead of looking after her sister who is in tears and distraught MC instead takes the time to talk to Santa about her love life, she plans to marry Alvaro if he asks for her hand in marriage because her daughter needs a father! And she will try to care for Alvaro because if Octavio can be faithful to Simona surely she can be faithful to Alvaro. Ummm, should we point out the fact that Octavio has been chasing after her and hasn't been 100% faithful to his wife? Or should we just let it go? And hey remember how she said that she would always belong to Octavio (creepy), that was pretty short lived, hu?

Oh and some stuff happens with Natrasha, she lures Perico away with promises of bathing in the river, I can't take her seriously cause of that stupid thing on her head. It looks like Perico is not a very strong man because he leave with her skankiness, my god, can we just please get a decent guy for Solita? Por favor!

Simona and Octavio arrive at the ranch where they are greeted by Ofelia who can tell that something is seriously wrong with Simona, later Octavio confirms that Simona is very sick and does not have long to live. I said it before and I'll say it again, Ofelia might be awful but man the chick is loyal.

Join us tomorrow when ummm stuff happens. I'm sorry, it's 2:10 in the morning and I worked from 10am to 8:30pm and at this point I don't even remember my own name, let alone the previews for tomorrows show.

Lo siento!


Labels:


Comments:
Thank you for the recap, Eli, and for staying up SO LATE to finish it.
I hope you're sleeping now - don't worry about tomorrow's review, it's my turn to recap and I'm not dying to know what's going to happen in the very least.

Are we still sopposed to root for Mari and Tav to end up together? She can't wait a few months for his dieing wife to be gone? She'd rather he divorced a muribunda??

Ugh... when will this telenovela end?

 

Eli, thank you for all of the laughs this a.m. From "bring her some pie", "adult onset ADD", " we don't need stupid to spread" to "nerves" and on and on. I loved your take on the episode.

I was very very disappointed in Santa. She was the only character we could count on to do the right thing and she kicked Solita to the curb so as not to upset things at the moment. Solita has nobody left (with weak willed Perico going with Natasha to the river--I guess we know what that means) except the moonkey.

Jarifa
 

A quick note before I'm off to work, thank you Eli for filling in.

How is it MC's fault for Simona's demise? I didn't know that falling from a horse causes brain tumors. And why is it that the doctor wouldn't tell the person afflicted what's wrong with them? Don't they have a right to know, especially if they're an adult? It should be considered unethical to not disclose it.
 

Eli:

Thanks for this marvelous recap! I really liked all your asides : )

I agree that MC and Tav must have adult onset ADD, lol. Why does MC feel she MUST marry? What happened to the strong woman? Did she leave her strength and fight back on Isla Dorada? She should have brought Tobias and Teobaldo with her to that ranch. Tobias would have gotten rid of JA** in a heartbeat and figured out what was upsetting Solita a long time ago!

I too think that Simona should have been told about her brain tumor. Like she isn't going to figure out, as she gets sicker and sicker, there isn't anything wrong with her but nerves? Really???

Like your name for Miguel, Greedy! I am sick of his smirks and his constant harping about money and HIS rancho! The piecart/anvil can't be big enough to take him out. I am sooo looking forward to that.

All these characters seem to have selective amnesia. Did MC forget that Greedy lies like a rug? That Tav loves her and only her, even though he lies too? That Perico really likes Solita, but yet goes off with Natrasha? I could go on and on. I threw my beanie out a long time ago with this one.
 

Eli, loved your recap--great coverage of what happened, but loaded with snark as well. I went to a meeting last night and missed this one, but thanks to you, I haven't missed a thing.
 

This is so good, Eli, what a treat this morning. My favorite line:

"...cause as we all know, the universe revolves around MC and her issues."

So very true.

Wouldn't want to distract the poor beset upon Maricruz with the fact that her trusted foreman and surrogate brother is molesting her little sister, would we?

So she is going to marry Alvaro? I say good and I hope that incessant annoying tuba that follows him around keeps her up at night.

Carlos
 

Great recap Eli. Sorry you had to stay up till past 2 am because honestly, these characters aren't worth your burning the midnight oil for them.

Love your nickname of "Greedy" for Michel. He has morphed from a befuddled and easily corrupted nebbish to an active and very ugly manipulator. Maybe Lucia is influencing him from beyond the grave!

Even our good characters are disappointing us these days. So an extra dollop of thanks for hanging in there and recapping such a dreary, mixed-up episode.
But I agree with you...Sergio is definitely a handsome fella...just a little long in the tooth for Maricruz.
 

Oh, a great title also. For me, those were always the hardest part.
 

Eli you are such a trooper. You could have put up a recap that said "stuff happens and people are being stupid" and I think we would have been happy and agreed with you.

There's almost no point in analyzing the antics at this point. As you say, even the good characters are losing their grip and it's just all so much angst and drama.

I would have to agree with the one point with MC that about made me implode was her not wanting to wait for Tav, despite her undying love, and deciding to get hitched ASAP. WTH? Wow, papa must be turning in his grave that all his lessons and hoping she would become a strong, independent woman have just gone to naught.

I want Tobias to arrive in his white SUV (can't quite picture him on a steed) and wisk Solita and little nameless #1 away. She so does not deserve anything that has happened or continues to have happen to her. Shame on everyone!

Daisynjay
 

A BIG thanks Eli---Your name is Eli
you will remember it after a little sleep.

And thanks Latina---I thought that
the lawsuit was so that they, Maricruz and her neighbors could keep their land. I guess that the BEAUTIFUL rancho is doomed. I'm just sick about it. Next thing we will have Mari moving into $imona's rancho which isn't as nice---well not to me anyway. Maybe
she will marry the OLD MUSTHACHE and move in with him. In any case, it looks like BEAUTIFUL Rancho Abuelo is doomed.

Adriana Noel---Well I'm dying to know what is going to happen next.
She/Maricruz can't wait a few months? She doesn't know how long $imona will live. It could be a couple of months or $imona could hang on for YEARS. No one knows. Doctors have been wrong before. When my mother was young, she was in an auto accident and wasn't expected to survive. She lived to be quite old.

Not any strong men in this novela
True, but women have a way of making a man say yes after he has said no.

Ester and Jack Ass will be moving in on $imona's property---that could get interesting.

Now let's see---Little Lupita has no swing to play on, not even an old tire on a rope. She has no life-sized outdoor dollhouse, no little pony to ride and was not given her "required" 15 minutes of novela time last night. Is it time to call the Child Protective Services on this un-loving un-caring un-fit mother or should we wait for one more episode to report her? I saw in the advances last night that Maricruz was actually holding Lupita. Could she be changing for the better?
the gringo


 

Eli thanks for your recap. Your title so sums up our silly galan. Thank you for completing this in spite of little sleep.

With Santa goes most hope for ANY rational thought or action in this tn and its sad.

Daisynjay - ITA regarding Solita. Someone take her and us away from this madness. It cruel and abusive how the writers have treated her and us.
 

wow...thanks, Eli. I cannot believe that you stayed up so late to recap for us. I can only imagine how frustrated you must have felt recapping all this foolishness. The words stupid, selfish, unethical, evil, and self absorbed could be used to describe so many of these characters. This show has become extremely depressing to watch, so I can only surf in and out. Jackass is at the top of my hate list. I am so hoping for an especially dreadful anvil for him. I cannot believe that Santa did not tell Mari about Jackass attacking Solita. Why???? I also cannot believe that the writers decided to take a new character (Perico) who seemed to be the good guy we were all hoping for for Solita and made him so weak as to fall for Natrasha's nasty , smary charms. I need a hero in my novelas , and all the heroes are gone...by my count Marin's dad and Tobias. let's hope that Alvaro is a good guy who can help MC's family and the Realango folks.
 

Off topic---From the weekend discussion. Wow! A lot of chili lovers for my favorite Winter food

Carlos---Yes, we agree on this one
No I have never seen Wolf Brand Chili. I guess that it's not in California but I found some on Ebay---will give it a try.

Susanlynn--- I guess that you could say that I'm a chili fanatic.
However, I'm a beef and pork guy. Red or green it doesn't matter as long as it is hot and spicy. I've always said that chili "ain't" for
sissy's. I go to chili parlors from time to time but have never even thought about chicken or turkey chili. Maybe when it get's a little colder, I'll give the turkey version a try.
the gringo
 

I'm back! Eli- Thanks so much for filling in for me yesterday (I got back last evening and slept for 12 hours). I'm still a bit loopy from the jet lag. I haven't read the recap yet and have much to catch up on. I'm sure all kinds of things have happened in the crazy CI universe while I was away. LOL!

Adriana- Thanks so much for filling in for me a few weeks ago.
 

I'm half asleep at work but I still can't get over Santa not telling MC about JA and Solita, that would be enough for MC to kick JA to the curb and would solve a few of her problems!

Welcome back Vivi!
 

Thanks Eli!
 

Gringo, try chili with a bottle of strong beer added during cooking. Top with onion and cheese. Perhaps not for purists, but good eating on a cold night.
 

Welcome back Vivi. I love the new photo. You look stunning.

Carlos
 

Thanks Emeraldrose.

Vivi---Glad you're back. I like your new picture also, but I liked the old one too. Maybe you just take good pictures.
the gringo
 

Thanks Carlos and Gringo!
 

Vivi..Welcome home !! We've certainly missed your wit and wisdom..and your fantastic memory and logic. I , too, like your new photo.

The novelas just got crazier and crazier while you were away. I guess that does not surprise you !

Emerald rose..beer in chili...hmmm...maybe I will try that in part of my next big batch.
 

I'm feeling real sympathy for Simona. The only person who really seems sad about her tumor is Ofelia. I wanted to whack Octavio upside the head when he moaned something like, "Why is this happening to me?"

Too bad this is such an inconvenience for him and Maricruz.

I wonder if the tumor isn't at least partially responsible for the bizarre abrupt change in her personality. I simply can't imagine the old Simona ordering guards to shoot children or quibbling over a few ears of corn.

Carlos
 

Poor Simona. All she ever wanted was Octavio as her husband, at any cost. But her sudden change from a grateful, generous person to a clingy, whiny, despicable (to the poor) leech has left me with no sympathy for her. I never liked her, but now I can't stand her. Her demise can't come too soon for me, even though Octavio and MariCruz are no prize, either.
 

I've got a new theory about Simona. Maybe the brain tumor is making her act the way she is. You know, crazy. In fact, maybe they all have brain tumors but aren't diagnosed yet.

BTW, Eli, I also love your title. Whatever happened with 'in sickness and in health'?
 

Cathy, carlos, you two might have a point, maybe it's the tumor that has turned her into whatever it is she is. I still want a good man for Solita!
 

Thanks so much, Eli!

The plot is so dumb I think the junior monkeys have taken over.

"Tav has to be with his dying wife, but I must have a husband and father for my daughter immediately! Therefore I'll just marry someone else right away." I saw that plot contrivance a mile away, along with the brain tumor caused by the fall off the horse.

I thought things might be mostly silly filler once they ran out of the original story considering the poor quality of the plot cut and pasting, but this is still way lamer than expected!

I have to do something else while it's on, now, otherwise I get too angry.

Audrey
 

Audrey, and what's crazy about the brain tumor idiocy is that they started with a workable idea that she had an aneurysm from the fall. The doctor told the nurse to run some test on her. Those actually do occur from a head injuries. So she could have had an aneurysm and that could have killed her at any time.

Let's hope that Simona dies before MC takes her vows so that Octavio and MC can be together once and for all and put us all out of our misery. Ok, all of us except the Gringo because he's the only one not in misery.
 

Somewhat unrelated, but beware!!!
Now that CI is over in Mexico (a total of 160 episodes - so about 40 more for us to endure), the monkey producers are preparing a new telenovela for next year.
At first there were rumors about remaking Maria la del Barrio, now they say they are thinking about another remake, La gata - main story being of the poor girl with a rich secret family, too.
And the favorites for leads in this are apparently Daniel Arenas and Maite Perroni.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Adriana, I had a feeling that they would think that this show was such a success since it was popular in Mexico that they would get a big head thinking it was terrific which would then fuel the fire for this director and writer to make more of this drivel. I am vowing never to watch another Mejia production again.
 

Cathy, Ditto on your reasoning and on your resolution to never watch such nonsense again.
The success this tn had in Mexico is mind boggling - all the while a far superior story, like Mentir para Vivir had to constantly struggle with the ratings.
 

You may not believe me, but after episode #100 I watched everyday live and made recaps for Russian-speaking forum only to find out how worse this novela can be. And you know, Romero and Nathalie surprised me a lot. Won't say any spoilers, but this novela is unique it it's own way.
And I knew some spoilers (not from the marimar part) and I wanted to know how all this would work in this novela. This kept my interest.
Also I'm a great fan of Lupita. Both girls are so adorable. New girl's name is Ilana.
So everything not so bad as it seems now. We all should relax.
Alegria
 

Good grief! Can we take custody of Solita away from these people and send her to Tobias, wherever he is? I thought Santa had some brains, but she's just as idiotic about dealing with a teenage deaf-mute rape victim as Mari is!
 

Vivi, you should be glad that you've been away for as long as you have. You really haven't missed any real plot advancement, and you missed a whole lot of stupid.
 

welcome Vivi.
I dislike this chapter only because "Stupid" Santita covered up the abuses done to Solita. How sad.
In defense of MC, I think she is looking for a father for Lupita since she knows that Octavio will be preoccupied with his sick wife. And partly she was disappointed as a woman that Octavio chose Simona so as to show him, she will replace him with Alvaro.
I like that name GreedyMigi. What an evil man rejoicing about Simona's fate.
So now what will become of our last nice Galan, Perico. he's turning to be a disappointment too.
I always comment the very last because I am usually able to do it late at night. I wonder if anyone has seen my comment the other time so please excuse if I repeat it again this time. This telenovela reminds me of "The Perils of Pauline". They keep opening up a new perilous adventure for MC.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder