Thursday, November 14, 2013

PEAM #178-11/14/13- An Episode of Bridezilla

Good evening all. 

We begin with Alma visiting her former cellmate, Tecolota.

Ricardo and Jesus are talking in the office and in walks Vicki.  Why??  A "kitten fight" ensues between Marisela and Vicki.  Insults are thrown but Vicki is there is to arrange music for Jesus’ wedding.  Vicki has contacts.

Wonderful, Veronica will use Valentina to get revenge on her father.

Xochy and Ferny are in charge of the invitations.  I am glad to not have to hear this whining for much longer.

Alma walks in and meets Vicki, who Marisela is about to slap.  Vicki can arrange for their favorite group to perform.  They are available.  Abner Marsa, a boxer, is invited to the wedding too.  Ferny is a fan.  Xochy thought bubbles about being a mom to her quintuplets.  They seem to whine and play in the master or is it the only bedroom.  They are throwing pillows and I don’t understand why I have to see this.  The kids chant that they want to play.  Xochy is whining for help and back to the invitations they go.  Ferny is going to sing "Gracias a Ti" and we chronicle their romance, wedding and marriage.  It’s okay as long as I don’t hear Xochy’s whining voice.

Back to Bitch Manor
Veronica has a bottle of ether. This can't end well.

Oliverio is "turning on" a saleslady at the jewelry store.    Aida calls Alma, who is thinking about the wedding.  Has Alma thought about the gift table?  Really?? Back to the rings.  Quickly she picks out a pattern that will be inscribed.  They rings won’t be ready until next week.  Olli Smooth (Aka Oliverio) takes off his glasses; winks and the rings will be ready sooner.

Paty goes to visit Rogelio at the jail.  The baby lovingly looks up at Rogelio. Paty would love for Rogelio to attend the wedding but he can’t get a weekend pass.  Rogelio is worried that Paty will forget about him while he is locked up.  No, that won’t happen, she looves him.  They kiss while the guards look on.  This is a very lenient jail.  The guard wonders- Rogelio is the man!!

Susana calls Alma to discuss the flowers.  Marcia, Quico Rai and Valentina are tasting the candies for the wedding.  Why?????

Officer Torres and Suarez are on a stake out.  I feel romance is in the air.  Someone starts shooting at the car and they give chase.  Is it Jacinto???  He drops his gun and runs toward a fence and tries to run.  Jacinto is arrested and has the right to an attorney.  He should have been arrested for giving such a lame chase.

Valentina wants another chapter of the Queen and The Helper.  The Queen and The Helper are almost married.  Val mentions Quico,  is a minstrel who wants to marry the Princes but that will be for another time.  Yawn!!!  Valentina is going to have sweet dreams about the trovador.  Why?? She’s is only 7.

Alma is acting like a bridezilla.  She is having an anxiety attack over the preparations of her third wedding.  Why?? Minerva brings Alma a package.  It’s a picture of Luisita, that Jesus admires along with a note that says, "What would you do for your daughter? " Bridezilla roars and says that the wedding is canceled.  Que the heck??

Jesus says okay, lets cancel the wedding, because you are acting like a bridezilla.  They start a ridiculous argument.  Alma is screaming like a nut and Jesus asks her to lower her voice and cancel the wedding if she wants to.  Alma doesn’t want to take this threat sitting down.

Jacinto is pacing back and forth, while Suarez and Torres get a cup of coffee.

Veronica is patting herself on the back for upsetting Alma.  Jesus is taking to his namesake to make sense of it all.  Alma is pacing back and forth.

Panfilo and Marisela are at a restaurant.  He has a dilemma. He doesn’t want to leave Marisela alone because he going to shack up with Chatita.  How old is Marisela, 5??
Susana- “long legs” goes to visit Chatita.  Susana tells Chatita that tomorrow they will have a wedding shower at her house.  They don’t ask?? I’m sure that its okay but…

Jesus is still reasoning with his namesake and he and Alma forgive each other at the same time. Double yawn.

Marisela will be okay, but Panfilo is worried.  He hasn’t live with a woman for years and he is a little scared.  Panfilo, you are the original AARP babe magnet, you will be just fine.

Alma asks Jesus to forgive her because she flipped when she saw the picture of Luisita.  Jesus will keep the family safe.  Alma doesn’t want to cancel the wedding. Jesus will hire security for the wedding. Its make up time and you know that means.

Five days left-
Paty is a little sad, because she has to leave since they are getting married and don’t need her there as a fifth wheel.  She will move into Rogelio’s house.  She is very thankful for what they have done for her.

Marisela is screaming at the top of her lungs for the gossip league to come and see some pictures of perfectly chiseled male strippers. Suddenly, I’m awake. The dollars are flowing already.
Ricardo and Julio are planning the bachelor party.  Ricardo wants to know what Marisela is up. Nothing.  Marisela wants to make sure that there will be no female strippers jumping out of the cake at the bachelor party.  Too late.

Panfilo brings over his clothes to Chatita’s house.  Of course she doesn’t remember.  She is playing with him; she remembers that she invited him to live her.  Welcome Home.

Suarez has the paperwork to transfer Jacinto.  Jesus calls Delia as he usually does.  He tells her about hiring security because Veronica doesn’t stop her nonsense.  Delia lets Jesus know that Jacinto has been arrested and Veronica’s days are numbered.  Jacinto isn’t talking at all.  Once Jacinto confesses, Veronica is done.  Alma and Jesus kiss and Aida and Julio interrupt.  Before the bachelor and bachelorette parties, they will got to Aida’s house for a slideshow about their honeymoon options.  Tahiti, Fiji, New York City, Paris, Romantic cruise to Madrid or Barcelona, Amsterdam, The Greek Isles.  There is a promotion,  2 for 1, for the kids, Orlando, for the adults Hawaii.  Now that Julio and Aida are alone, finally they can get busy.  They kiss by the projector and it looks like they are in the actual city.  A cute scene.

Paty is on the phone planning the shower and walks up on Veronica in the park.  Round One, Veronica gets slapped.  Veronica should have killed her when she had the chance, she slaps Paty and a catfight begins. Meow.

Coming attractions:
Jacinto talks, Veronica has Valentina. Why continue to torture this child, torture us?  Four days left. Woohoo!!
It has been my pleasure to recap this novela.  I am disappointed in how this comedy turned to drama but I enjoyed the comments and insights.

Labels:


Comments:
Hi all,
My last recap for this novela. I hope to continue recapping for the next novela on Thursdays.
I had a busy day and was not able to thank Pablo but I will definitely read his recap later. I so enjoy his wit.
It seems as if Luisita took a break tonight. Too much, yelling and screaming for her.
 

I don't know if I have a little bit left for next wednesday, but just in case, I am getting ready to say goodbye to this prank.

1- I saw more than five kids (maybe 7) and one of them looked like he had down syndrome

2- I am sure I heard ''Gracias a tí'' long before they knew she was pregnant 5x, and the song is about thanking her for those five babies, premonition?

3-Just so everybody know the content of the bottle is ether, the letters have to be giant!! Someone like Xóchitl could have mistaken it for rubbing alcohol or witch hazel...

4- Sexual favors? I mean, really Oliverio...
 

Thank you, Tablet Jefa, for another great recap and all of the recaps you have done for this "whatever it was genre" of novela. As I have said many times before I do not know how you guys (recappers) do your recapping day in and day out even if you are not particularly fond of the novela. You all have the same dedication to your recaps as you would to your jobs! That is to be appreciated.

Please, don't tell me that just because Delia says that Veronica's days are numbered Jesus is not going to get security anyway. That would be plain stupid because one might ask: How many days equals "Veronica's days are numbered"? Probably enough for her to appear at the the wedding.

Jarifa


 

TJ:

Thanks so much for this marvelous last recap of this mess and all of your other marvelous recaps for this TN. Can't wait to read your recaps for the next one : )

I liked when Pato went to the prison to visit Rog. They are so darn cute.

I had to laugh at Cardy beguiling the sales lady into hurrying the rings.

So Panfi and Chatita finally live together. You are so right TJ, he is the original AARP babe magnet, lol.

Loved your aside about the strippers, too cute.

Hate Killeronica with the ether. What the heck is she gonna do with that?

Pablo:

You are right! Ferny sang "Gracias a Ti" to her before, maybe their wedding?

Looking forward to tonight to see what the heck Killeronica is up to now, or not.
 

Tablet Jefa - Congratulations and thanks for seeing this through and making what sense could be made of so much "filler".
I enjoyed Fernando's song. That kind of filler is fun.
Like Pablo, I was struck by the cartoon like label on the bottle of ether. There have been little cartoonish touches through out. I guess that's what makes it a comedy???

It was fun to see Jacinto caught and frightened. What is he waiting for? He told Killeronica that he would talk and led me to believe it would be immediate. But I'm kind of enjoying his moments onscreen.

I am really looking forward to see what's next when this is all over.
 

So many thanks TJ for this recap and all your great postings through this show. All our recappers have to be thanked with an extra round of applause for sticking with us through thick and thin....mainly thin.

This whole wedding thing is so frustrating for me. If this is all too much, WTH are they having such a major blowout anyway, except the writers are falling to the cliché of a mega-church wedding at the end of a TN. And I still am mind-blown that work time is spent doing nothing but planning this thing.

Add my angry voice to the the choir who cannot believe they will use Val as the last vengeance by Virus. Her mother--she has to be traumatized again by her own mother. I'm speechless. And frankly, may not watch until the bitter end of this is what we have to see until the "party" at the end. I got my sweet moment with Rog and Pati and that adorable baby. ( That little one was all about daddy --so cute.) So I'm good until the end.

Daisynjay
 

Thanks TJ. Great job with yet another filler episode.

Glad that Jacinto is finally caught. I'm sure he will finally squeal..after Vero has managed to traumatize Val one last time.

Alma acting like a bridezilla was ridiculous. Filler, filler, filler.

Loved Rogue, Pati, and the baby. I could have watched more of that.

It's way past time for Xochi to stop being so whiney and scared of the future. Ferny changed. Why can't she?
 

Thanks, TJ! I think your winning line of the night for me was "He should have been arrested for giving such a lame chase." Although I can also relate to "Why???"

So I missed this episode too. I'm now 1 for 4 this week. I'm afraid tonight will make 1 for 5, but I'll catch up on the weekend. I'm kind of enjoying these ultimos, even if they are full of monkey turds.

I'd also like to add that I appreciate those supporting actors who have been making the most of their scenes. The guys who played Cantu, Jacinto, Remegio, Saturnino, the prison guards, etc. have really added a lot to this show, including humor, when certain of our principal actors did not.
 

Thanks TJ for all your hard work and great recaps during this TN.

Why can’t Alma and Jesus use the rings they had before—unless they don’t want any reminders of that wedding?

I love the scenes with Jesus and Vale. I don’t know exactly what they were saying to each other, but the expressions on her face were priceless. Loved the little eyebrow raise she did.

I wish Jess had been there to see Cardenas flirting with the jewelry lady.

Really liked the Pato/Rog/Ferny scene. I’ve been a little disturbed that the only pic Rog had was of Pato, so liked seeing his interaction with his son.

Alma’s behavior about the wedding preparations is inexplicable; however, if some murderous psycho b***ch sent me a pic of my baby with a threatening note, I’d be a little upset about it, too.

Nanette

 

Okay, it's a tie:

"Veronica has a bottle of ether. This can't end well."

Or...

"Marisela is screaming at the top of her lungs for the gossip league to come and see some pictures of perfectly chiseled male strippers. Suddenly, I’m awake."

Recapping gold, amiga -- thanks for your selfless service!

Blue Lass

 

I certainly wouldn't cancel a wedding because of Vero. This is the same argument they had with Paty about the robo-baby. Vero's nuts. She's going to try something whether there's a wedding or not, so you might as well go ahead with your plans. AND HIRE SOME SECURITY.

Anyway, why not let Vero get madder and madder? If she gets mad enough, she'll make more mistakes. Or her head will explode. Either way, it's a win for the good guys.
 

TJ, Thanks for the laughs in your last capitulo for this beast of a telenovela. I was in the chorus echoing your "why" repeatedly. Too funny! The one very good thing about this story has always been the delightful recap crew and snarkful commenters who kept faithful company.

I do appreciate your detailed fun observations and reporting of the silly plot since I only saw the first half then was rescued by a friend who collected me so we could attend El Grupo, my main Spanish conversation opportunity twice a month.

I hate the Valentina torture more than anything, so I am relieved that we have entered the last week. Thanks so much for your excellent contributions, TJ.
 

Cheryl:

"I hate the Valentina torture more than anything, so I am relieved that we have entered the last week. "--I agree!
 

Thanks so much! I haven't seen the episode, but now I feel like I did, and I enjoyed your running theme of "WHY???" and "Qué the heck?!" Maybe I'll FF and just watch Pato and Rog and Julio and Aida.

I'm hoping this super mega wedding everyone is spending their every hour on (and getting paid by Avon to do so-how convenient!) does indeed turn out to be a lot of fun, but I have low hopes. I can't see these leads doing something like the Bollywood number in Amorcito Corazón. Save the day for us, Julio.
 

Xochitl is so scared of the future with her children that when she imagines how it will be, they are multiplied! I counted AT LEAST seven, but there could've been more. So stupid. Enough with the whining, already!
 

Julia: ooooh! I'm all for seeing a Bollywood number!!
 

Thank you for the recap, TJ. " Back to Bitch Manor. Veronica has a bottle of ether. This can't end well" was my favorite. You guys all sound weary of this TN. It hasn't been that interesting lately. Killeronica is the only loose thread to tie up. Still, I'm hoping for another comedy to replace it.
 

Thank you to all.
Pablo- I had to check and make sure that the bottle said Ether, because of the strange label. I love your icon.
Jarifa- thank you for the work ethic compliment. We love what we do!
Madelaine and Fishknits- thank you for your kind words.
Daisynjay- I am very upset over the misuse of Valentina by her biological mother too.
Vivi- yep, Ferny and Rogelio changed, why can't Xochy?
Julie- I agree about the supporting actors. Kudos to them.
Nanette, Ithabill, Blue Lass, CherylNewMex and Julia, thsnk you. As an educator your rewards come the intrinsic gratification and not the money.
Once again, thank you all for your compliments.




 

Great recaps.
FC as beautiful as ever, but the novela lost steam for me, way too long. I have it on but hardly pay attention.
 

I hated STuD a lot, but at least he took his shirt off once in a while. Like constantly. It was helpful, anyway.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder