Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Por siempre mi amor #19 12/30/2013: Let the Games Begin....

Happy New Year!

I thought it might be fun to look at New Year's superstitions and I found this interesting tidbit about how your choice of undies can affect your New Year:

"Wearing yellow underwear attracts positive energy and a year of prosperity for the new year, while red underwear will bring a year of romance and passion. Blue underwear is said to bring a year of good health, green, a year of better luck than the previous year, white for a year of peace, joy and happiness, and pink for luck in love.  In Italy they believe red underwear will bring you luck as well as make you fertile.  (In Italy they throw away the underwear on January 2nd.)  If you happen to have polka dots or circles on your underwear, even better as the round shape symbolizes coins/money. Oh yes, one more important fact that should go without saying – they need to be clean underwear."

There was no information about what you'll get if you "go commando" (other than discomfort.)



Onward to our story!

Leftovers:
Arturo dons his thinking cap and figures out that Sonia has helped Aranza run away from home.
Gaby is still fuming because Nicolas thought she was a Rice-A-Roni* date. (* both cheap & easy!)
Mauricio is thinking about Andrea who is thinking Mauricio can't possibly be thinking about her.


The Main Course:
Arturo has had enough of Sonia's crapola. He tells her she has to stop lying and filling his daughter's head with nonsense. "We both know you were in Puerto Azul. What's wrong with you?"
Sonia grabs Arturo's arms and sticks to him like gum on a sneaker. She wails, "I was in the hospital. I was muy infirma." Aranza appears in the bedroom doorway as Arturo peels Sonia off himself and shoves her aside. Sonia spins around and throws herself onto the couch. Arturo gets Aranza's things and herds her toward the door. Sonia sobs to Aranza, "Everything will be okay. I love you." The door shuts behind Arturo and Aranza. Sonia wipes a fake tear and smiles gleefully at her flawless performance.

Still in Puerto Azul, Gabi gets a call from Bruno who tells her Arturo's daughter has run away from home. She tells Isabel the news. Isabel grabs the phone and asks if they should come back and help in the search. Bruno says that's not necessary and he'll keep her informed.

Arturo phones home to tell everyone he is with Aranza and they are on their way home. Tita says "Caigamos en oracian".  Arturo tells Aranza he was going crazy with worry. Why did she do something so foolish? Aranza says she is sorry, she won't do it again and asks his forgiveness. Then in a surprise move, she asks to meet Isabel. Arturo looks puzzled.  "She's a good person and I hope you'll like her." "Me too."

Gonzalo is furious that Dante left his ID at Isabel's place. He's afraid that someone will make the connection between him and Dante. (There was something here about them being related, but I didn't get what it was.) Dante says the drops he put in Gema's drink were very effective. She probably won't wake up until mid-afternoon tomorrow. She may still be sleeping when her boss gets back! They share a big laugh over this.

Arturo and Aranza arrive home. Lucha and Gabino gush and fuss over her. I know this isn't their kid, but shouldn't there be some kind of consequences other than "You poor little thing! What can I do for you to reward your rotten behavior?" Aranza goes to her room. Arturo tells Lucha and Gabino that he found Aranza at Sonia's. "I told her to stay away from my daughter. But I think it's over now." Lucha hopes that's true because Aranza has been a nasty little PITA ever since that day Sonia picked her up from school.

Arturo gets a call from Isabel. Lucha's eyebrows go up when she hears Arturo say "Mi amor". She looks at Gabino and he whispers, "That's what he said." Arturo tells Isabel that Aranza's friend put the idea into her head that Arturo abandoned her and Sonia ran with it. "She came here to seduce me, not because she cared about my daughter. She played being the loving aunt. But I do have some good news. Aranza wants to meet you." Isabel is nearly speechless with delight.

In the morning Bruno calls and offers to pick Gaby up from the airport. She can't seem to help herself. She's excited to see him.

Sonia, aka Elsa, has brought a lawyer with her to visit Fernando. "This is Licensiado Buitron." Fernando tells the lawyer that he has a Public Defender and his case is ready to come to trial. Buitron says he will only agree to take the case if Fernando tells him the truth. "You were charged with forging checks. I think if we get a handwriting expert he could argue that it wasn't you who signed those checks."
In an unheard of moment of honesty Fernando confesses. "That won't work because I did sign the checks."
Buitron wants to study the case. As he is leaving Fernando jerks him close and growls, "Your first responsibility is to get me my freedom."

In the schoolyard Aranza approaches a very sad Esteban and asks, "What's wrong?" He tells her that he found out his mother lied about his dad. "My Mom said he couldn't be with us because he was working far away, but the truth is my dad is in prison. He robbed a woman." Aranza isn't surprised. "My Dad lied too. All parents lie. Turns out the only one who didn't lie was Dafne."

Bruno interrupts his drawing to check his watch. "I have 20 minutes to get to the airport."
"Why are you going to the airport?"
"To pick up Gabi."
"Ahh. And you weren't going to tell me?" Arturo decides to go along to surprise Isabel.

Andrea is slaving over a hot calculator. Mauricio brings her a cup of coffee. "It's black, not too hot, not too cold, and with two sugars."
She smiles, "We've only been for coffee once. I can't believe you remembered how I like it."
He holds the cup out to her and she reaches for it. Their hands meet, then their eyes meet. For a sweet moment it's just the two of them. Mauricio comes back to reality and tells Andrea the prison warden is going to restrict Fernando's phone calls. He takes Andrea's hand in his. "Fernando won't be able to hurt you again."  She confesses, "I feel very protected when I'm with you."

Isabel wheels two large suitcases across the airport. Arturo steals up behind her, wraps his arms around her waist and presents her with a white rose. Isabel is delighted by his surprise appearance. Besos! Arturo says the surprise was Bruno's idea. But Arturo has another surprise. He is taking Isabel to meet Aranza at school. As they leave hand-in-hand Gabi looks after them wistfully. Bruno needs to step up his game!

At the lawyer's office, Buitron tells Sonia he won't take Fernando's case. He won't risk his own reputation or that of his firm defending a confessed criminal. He warns Sonia to stay away from Fernando unless she wants real trouble. As Sonia leaves the office she bumps into another man. The papers he is carrying fall all over the floor. As they pick them up he looks at her closely. He knows her.

Meanie calls Andrea to ask what time she'll be home from work. Could she also pick up some tacos for Esteban on her way home. He really likes them and it's been a long time since he's had tacos. Agatha listens skeptically. "Since when are you so understanding with your daughter and concerned about your grandsons? You're up to something." Meanie denies it.

Arturo and Isabel arrive at Aranza's school. Isabel recognizes it. "This is the same school where Andrea's son Esteban is enrolled." Arturo is puzzled. "Andrea. She is Fernando's ex-wife. It's quite a coincidence that her son and your daughter go to the same school." Arturo doesn't believe it's a coincidence. "It's destiny," he says pulling her close.

Aranza comes out of the building and sees her Dad and Isabel holding each other close and talking. She thought bubbles Sonia's instructions on how to act around Isabel, "Be nice to her when you're around other people and be nasty if you're alone with her. That way people will think Isabel's making things up about you if she says anything." Sonia pulls out her biggest lie, "Isabel was Arturo's girlfriend before Eugenia died." She slaps a hand over her own mouth and gives Aranza a shocked 'Ooops! I wasn't supposed to say that' look. Aranza starts to cry, "My Dad stopped loving my Mom because of her?" Sonia nods, "But if we work together we can ruin her life."

Aranza runs toward Arturo, falls and skins her knee. He picks her up while Isabel gets her backpack. They take her to the doctor (Really? A doctor for a skinned knee?). Dr. Elias says the injury isn't serious. Isabel offers to help Aranza down from the table, but she barks, "No! I want my Dad."

Gabi and Bruno enter a very, very lavender apartment. He fake complains about all her luggage, she gushes "I just can't resist buying lovely things at cheap prices." She fixes her lipstick as he moves toward her. "You know what I can't resist? I can't resist you. I can't. " He plants a big kiss on her lips. Gabi says she isn't ready for a formal relationship. Can't we keep it casual? Bruno says her kiss betrays her. Nobody who wants a casual relationship kisses back like that! "All I ask is that you give us a chance." She agrees. They seal the deal with another hot kiss.

Lagunes, the bearded man who recognized Sonia, is talking to Lawyer Buitron. "I know that woman. Her name is Sonia."
Buitron shakes his head. "No, her name is Elsa Quevedo."
"I don't believe that. I'm certain her name is Sonia Arenas. I know her stepfather, he's a friend of mine. He's a retired military officer. His name is Gilberto Cervantes. I wonder why she's using a fake name?"
"Well she must be using it because she doesn't want her dad to find out what she's up to." Buitron explains how Sonia came to him seeking help for a friend. "He's a check forger and I'm sure she's involved with him."

Gema finally wakes up. Her headache turns to horror as she gets out of bed, still in Isabel's dress, and realizes that the apartment has been cleaned out. "No! No! No!" She rushes from room to room. "It was that bastard Dante! What am I going to do? Isabel will fire me! I have to go. No! She'll think I did it! I have to stay. She'll still fire me." Gema runs from the room.

Tita wants to join the biker group, but they insist she has to learn to ride a motorcycle. "Me, ride a motorcycle?" She laughs nervously and takes a drink of beer from the glass of the biker sitting next to her. One of the bikers asks, "Are you afraid?" The guys cheer in unison, "Tita! Tita! Tita!"
"Me, afraid? No." She thanks them for the invite, but no... she's not dressed for it, her hair, her jewelry... no, just no.

Osvaldo has phoned for Arturo. He's not in. He calls Tita and has to leave a message. Balthzar enters with coffee and cookies. (Every time I see this guy I'm reminded of Mr. French in Family Affair.)
"If I may sir, you seem very downcast since your Granddaughter left. Maybe you should go visit her." Osvaldo protests, "We can't go for movies and hamburgers every day."
"I notice you only call your son and granddaughter during the hours when you know they won't be home. Maybe you're afraid that they won't talk to you?" Baltazar urges Osvaldo to overcome his fear of rejection. He tells him to call again, this time when his family will be home.

Gilberto is surprised to see his friend Lagunes. "It's been a long time. It's good to see you."
"I wouldn't bother you, but I think this is important. It's about your daughter Sonia. She contacted one of my associates to help a friend of hers who is in prison. He's been charged with fraud and he's guilty for sure. He admitted it. She even took my colleague to visit the guy in prison."
Gilberto is shocked, "My daughter was at the prison?"
"She claims she didn't know he was guilty, but neither one of us believes her. Fernando Cordoba is a dangerous criminal."

Arturo offers to take Isabel's things up to her apartment. The security guard tells Isabel that Gema took her things and left earlier in the afternoon. "It was very strange." Aranza calls to Arturo from the car. She's hungry, she wants to go. Isabel decides not to kiss Arturo and hugs him instead. Isabel waves a happy good-bye to Aranza. She just stares back silently. If looks could kill Isabel would be stone cold dead.

Isabel enters her apartment and looks around at the debris. "I've been robbed!" She asks the security guard if anyone was around. "Well, a guy named Dante came and fixed stuff. He was here every day. He fixed the pipes."
"Do you know who he was?"
"I have his identification card downstairs."
Isabel calls her lawyer, "My house has been robbed. Gema robbed me."

Sonia tells Fernando she'll have to find another lawyer. She reminds him to call her "Elsa." Fernando wants a lawyer he can use to bribe his way out of prison. Sonia is angry, "Where are we supposed to get the money now? Your ex-wife ruined my plans. Isabel got in between me and Arturo."
Fernando asks if the relationship is serious.
"Yes, it's serious. Arturo even introduced her to his daughter. But I have plans for my revenge. And YOU are going to help me."

Advances:
Arturo and Isabel have front row seats at Fernando's trial.
Aranza drops a bombshell on Lucha.

There is no show Tuesday due to a New Years Special on Univision.
See you all in 2014!






Labels:


Comments:
What a delightful recap! A special thanks for the underwear lesson. :) I'm going to have to remember Rice-a-Roni (ha ha on MPV Raqi-Roni!....tho her demands are more and more expensive.)

I loved the Mr. French reference.

Gaby's apartment was very lavender but it really seemed to fit her.

I do understand the relief everyone had at finding Aranza, but they also need to introduce a firm hand into her upbringing. She's getting out of control and seems to have everyone doing her bidding. The scary part is that Sucia seems to be pulling Aranza's strings.
 

Forgot to mention that I like the Gaby and Bruno musical waltz. If the time jump is tenish years how long are these two going to be waltzing around about the relationship??
 

Kathy: Fantastic recap. I laughed out loud at "Rice-A-Roni* date (* both cheap & easy!","Andrea is slaving over a hot calculator" and "There was no information about what you'll get if you "go commando" (other than discomfort.)" Snort..

This was great fun and wonderfully detailed.

Like Sara, I also enjoyed the Mr. French in Family Affair reference. Osvaldo isn't exactly Buffy and Sissy but Balthzar seems to have the intelligence and charm to steer Osvaldo in the right direction - to seek rather than hide from his family.

Mauricio and Andrea – so sweet!
Another great couple in the making.

Gilberto is in for a world of heartbreak from Sonia. He seems like such a good person, what a shame he has a murdering, thieving, conniving shrew of a daughter.

Gema should have stayed and confessed that while she was gullible, she is not a thief. Now she will be hunted like a criminal.

Still trying to wrap my head around how these stories are going to be frozen in time so as to be plausible in the time leap. Romance interruptus for Isa and Art and Gaby and Bruno (was relieved Gaby did indeed seem happy to see Bruno). Also, I'm assuming Fernando beats the charges (?), guess we will have to see.

Happy New Year all!

Thank you again Kathy for the great recap.

Diana
 

I love this!! I've been losing the TV battle at this hour each night with my son's home for the holidays. They usually give it up so I can watch Robo, but I'm really behind on PS. Appreciate the great detail.

Have to say, now I'm totally dealing with what underwear to wear for New Year's. Who knew it had such significance!! Hysterical.

From what I gather, we are seeing our dear Aranza turning into a spoiled brat... or mini-me of Sonia. And poor Isa will deal with her being a brat and be afraid to tell Arturo. Yikes!

Tita is so going to get on one of those bikes...just know it and hopefully I will get to see that. Must see TV for sure.

A very Happy New Year to all!

Daisynjay
 

I can see Fernando not beating the charges and being sentenced to ten years. He gets released and he's pithed. Motivation for making Isa miserable.

Every other story I'm just stuck wondering how they will make it work.

Do I remember correctly that the bikers are doing some charity work with children? Could this be a way for Tita and Marianela to cross paths? I hope so because other wise I have no idea why we are getting those scenes.
 

Dont know whats the deal with Tita joining a motor gang but is it just comic relief or not? Gaby is silly with her not wanting a formal relationship with Bruno but im pretty sure she would regret it someday.. Aranza turning into a spoiled brat i kind of like it.We never had a "demon" child ,the last time i remember a kid villian was Eva from La Peregrina.
 

Great recap, Kathy. And Happy New Year!

Tita, Tita, Tita! I so want to see Rita on a bike. We know that Tita has been looking for things to occupy her and make her feel fulfilled ever since her husband, David, died. A charitable biker gang is perfect. But I don't see Bruno or Osvaldo (!) approving of this.

Sonia's plan is evil genius. That lie about Art and Isa having an affair when her mother was alive, is the perfect was to twist Ara's mind and make her hate Isa forever. And the little plan to only be horrible to Isa when no one else is there is very clever. Poor Isa.
 

I don't know who Rita is, but I'd like to see her and Tita on a bike. :) Now I need to decide which color undies I'll greet the new year in.
 

Kathy, Many thanks.

Sonia is an evil genius and knows what buttons to push but oh that Aranza (loved the look when Ara and Art left her apt. I get not liking the girlfriend after so short a period and Art with all the PDA and rushing for the meet and greet isn't helping, but we got a little girl headed for the dark side. (I'm losing sympathy for Art however, what a bone head)

The Bruno & Gaby kiss was so awkward for me it hurt and Bruno is way outta his league. (I wonder what hurt Gaby is hiding though)

Isabel is more in tune than Art is and deflected the kiss in front of Aranza. Bully for her

I wonder what Gilberto is gonna do. Is he going to begrudgingly protect Sonia and get her out of the mess and/or go after Fernando.
 

Sara, yes, it would make sense for Fer to be convicted hence the vindictive thread to that timeline.

Vivi, Sonia does know all the insidious buttons to push, doesn't she? The cheating with Isa when Ara's mother was alive was inspired.

tofie, I think the meek and mild Bruno is indeed out of Gaby's league. I am sensing (and hoping) a more suave, sophisticated Bruno might emerge, making things on a more level playing field :)

Diana
 

The quick romance between Isa and Art plays right into the lie that they had something going on before Eugenia died. Plus, the fact that they work in similar fields and are even now working on the same project. Sonia could make a convincing case.
 

I think my favorite romance at the moment is Mau and Andy. I don't know why. It's the most normal and simple of the brewing romances, and the sweetest one too. I'm really pulling for those two.
 

Know we have to have the Art/Isabel romance but Art is like a teenage boy and Sonia taking advantage of him being in heat and the blind spot his daughter. Kinda makes me mad

Bruno is capable of attempting to close the deal and riding the "love is in the air" romance with his and her buddies so I give him props. Not convincing me however and Sara you are right he will have to step it up or will continue to look like a lap dog.


 

I'm definitely Team Mau/Andy. I'm wondering how Minerva is going to try and ruin them, though. I can't pull for Art/Is a yet. I'm actually upset with Art for being so clueless. Ara needs his full and complete attention to mitigate Sucia's influence. His cluelessness isn't fair to ara or Isa. It is too soon given the family life Art had with Ara and Eugenia; and I'm guessing that art is gonna get some sense to realize this, and break off with Isa and they meet again after the time skip.
 

J desde NYC, you might have something there. I think both Isa and Art have too much baggage at this moment
 

Yeah. Art is starting to come off as a real dunderhead. Or supremely selfish.
 

I'm going to cut Art some slack. Sure, it took him a while to get that Sonia was just after him, and not the loving aunt (really, cousin) she pretended to be. But Sonia is an expert manipulator and knew how to hide her hand. When she finally revealed it in Puerto Azul, Art made it clear that nothing is ever going to happen between them, expressed his disgust, and forbade her to have contact with his daughter. He doesn't know how evil she is and how quickly she would make her next move to turn Ara's mind. He actually doesn't even know he's dealing with pure evil.

I don't fault him for not knowing the best way to deal with a child who is grieving, especially when he was grieving himself. He's not an expert. I think he has been loving and tender with Ara (and loving but firm when she’s acted out), but it's not enough. Ara needs more. I fault him for not moving quickly enough to get professional help once he saw that he wasn't enough to help Ara.

As for moving quickly into a relationship with Isa. Why not? He's found an amazing woman. Why should he let that slip by him? I don't think he would have introduced Ara to her so quickly, had Ara not asked. But where I do see him doing things wrong is by doing things with no constraint. Isa sensing that kissing in front of Ara was too much, was right on. Art needs to learn to hold back too, and take this romance more slowly.

Yes, he's a bit dense, but I don't think he's been an awful jerk to Ara or anything.
 

I don't have a problem with his quick romance with Isa. I think men more than women just need someone. What bothers me is that he has repeatedly ignored suggestions from the school counselor to get therapy for his child. He is ignoring all the warning signs. I would cut him some slack except the counselor has told him what to do and he doesn't do it. So for me it's not really a matter of not knowing how to deal with Ara's grief. He's been told how to help and he's not doing it. It's a little frustrating for me b
 

Kathy:

Happy New Year to You and fabulous recap! I too liked the Mr. French reference and the color of underwear for New Years.

I too think that Isa and Art moved too fast. It's only been three months since Eugenia died. I too wonder if they will break up for awhile and reconnect later. Art to me seems like the type of guy that doesn't function well without a woman by his side. He should have really given himself time to grieve.

Poor Aranza is very gullible but she is a little girl and will believe anything until proven wrong, so I'm not surprised that she listened to So-Not and her dripping venom. I just hope that someone sets her straight, and the girl really needs to go the therapy. If Art balks at this, it will be his own fault, if she turns into a beyotch later.

How cute is Tita? I loved that little meet with the bikers and the charity ride they are doing. Tita is so full of vim and vigor. She needs to rub some off on Osvaldo, Mr. Stick in the Mud!

I am really liking Balthazar. This actor continues to surprise me. I like his facial expressions when he was talking to Osvaldo and then turned his back. He did that little sigh, like he said his little piece time to move on : )

I too am liking Andy and Mau. So cute those two. They are the most normal couple and taking it slow.

Feo's venganza list must be growing by leaps and bounds. Isa, his new lawyer, Art, who knows how long the list will be, and I too think he will go away for some time. I wish So-not would get caught and end up like him too.
 

Maybe it's just bad writing but Art falling so quickly for Isa and being so out front with it so soon just bothers me because of the strong relationship he had with Eugenia. And I can totally see how it would definitely bother Ara. I would've much preferred a more slow, steady 'maybe I shouldn't ' a la Mau and Andy.

I think when you're a parent you have to sacrifice for your kids' well-being, and Art being in a relationship so soon is not good for Ara's emotional well-being. It does look like
Art is replacing Eugenia. He never talks about her to Ara-it's as if after she was buried her she became 'innombrable.' I remember when they were eating breakfast once and Ara mentioned how her mom used to sit in the chair beside him and Art just looked at ara funny as if she were crazy. It upset me as a grown woman how he just ignores her pain, what about how Ara feels as a child? I also wouldn't have let ara meet Is a even though she asked. It just didn't feel right. I kind of hope Isa breaks it off with him since she realizes that ara is so wounded and she mentioned she lost her parents when she was a teemager. The wh
innombrable.
 

Wow, you cleared up confusing conversations !! Great recap. Are we missing a child or did I miss something. What happened to Andrea's other boy ? I like this tn !!
 

Anon- Angelito goes to nursery school while Esteban is at school and Andy is at work. He sleeps in the same bed with Andy, so you see a bundle in the corner of Andy's bed in the room she shares with her kids, if you look closely. I'm glad that they are being judicious with the use of the baby actor, and not overworking them like they did with the babies in Corazon Indomable. I can imagine that the lump is Angelito, without needing to see the baby actor.
 

Yes, on the kid actors being utilized sensibly in this TN. Poor Lupita on CI and the unnamed children.
 

Thanks Vivi for finding the missing kid. Yes, I'd rather use my imagination and pretend there's a kid in the bedclothes than to see the poor thing crying its eyes out over and over again like we did earlier in the show.
 

At least Isabel isn't clueless and sensitive enough to pick up on the dynamics already but Art the father clueless. Fools rush in and Art is a fool. His priority should be his child and chasing a relationship way down the list. Plenty of women that raise children alone and forgo any romantic relationship unselfishly.
 

Atleast Art saw right through Sonias tricks.. He will probaboy be extremely pissed off with that dirty lie ,Sonia is such a b****
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

I kind of feel sorry for Dafne she has the worst parents she could get,who the heck is the father,Fernando Escandon? Or thats where Julian Gil comes in play since he supposedly appears in the novela from what i read on the wikia cast but who knows when ,probably very late
 

Thank you Kathy---Excellent is the best word to describe your recap. She sticks to him like glue on a sneaker was great but a Rice-A Roni date was one of the best that I have heard.

I admit that I am a sucker for novelas that have country settings but I am really liking this one. The story line is really moving along and is developing well.

Will Feo be sprung from prison or will he serve time and be meaner than a junkyard dog when he gets out? My guess is that he serves time and comes out mean and wanting to get even. Look out, trouble ahead or after the time jump for sure.

Tita on a motorcycle? I can't wait

Sign one more up for team Mau/Andy
I really like these two together.

Tofie---You will be pleased to know or maybe you won't believe me --- but I still chuckle every time I think that "she will eat him [Bruno] for lunch. Yes I guess that he's in over his head but what can the poor guy do he's falling for her. Will he turn out to be a yes man--whatever you say darling?

Between Dafne and So-Not---Aranza is in training to become Hell On Wheels so they say. It's too bad but at this point, I can't see any other way it will go for her.
I don't think that poppa will be able to stop her as the ideas in her head have already taken hold.

I can't wait for the next episode Not only is Gema finished but the worthless security team should be be moving on also. What's to become of Dante? Will he be on the run? How could he be so dumb as to leave his ID behind? How did he do that?
the gringo






 

Ana Martin on a motocycle,im sure she could beat Casey Stoner but only when the gas runs out.
 

thanks gringo, I believe you and know you don't lie, after I monitored and finally started posting during the CI debacle, and you were honest and consistent even with the piling on.

Eat him for lunch was the first thing that popped in my mind. Seen some snacking on "Bruno's" in real life too. Come on Bruno, rooting for you man.

Gema is pretty but dumb as they come. Run, Gema, run
 

Vivi, I agree with you about Art/Isa's quick romance playing right into Sonia's lies to Aranza. She'll never believe her dad's romance "just happened" three months after her mother's death. This is way too fast, Arturo hasn't had time to grieve and recover. Even Lucha and Gabino looked taken aback by it and they are adults! Realistically speaking, Arturo should still be running into friends/colleagues who haven't heard that Eugenia died. Showing up with Isa could be awkward at social events. I can see Art/Isa slowing things down because of this. Whether or not it drags into a ten-year time lapse is questionable. I guess we'll see.

 

I don't think Arturo should have introduced Aranza to Isabel (or to any other woman) so soon after they've begun seeing each other. If the two had bonded and then Art and Isa broke it off, it could have been hurtful to the young girl. Or course, if he did the sensible thing, we wouldn't have all the drama.

I think Sonia was very clever to use the time since Eugenia's death as a "confirmation" of her story.
 

I agree with Aleta. I further think that Sonia should have been kicked out of their lives a lot sooner than Arturo tried to.
 

If they dated in secret then it would hurt even more if Ara found out,, And im pretty sure the pity for Ara will be gone
soon..
 

Thanks, Kathie, for a great year-ending recap. "Rice-a-Roni date" is one I'd never heard before, but it sures paints a picture.

I won't join in beating up Arturo for not putting Aranza in therapy. Who's to say Aranza wants help or can be made to want help? And if she doesn't want help then a therapist will be no more than a waste of time and a huge financial drain. Nope.

My read is that Aranza is just a crappy kid who's picked up some of Auntie Sonia's really twisted DNA strands. Big props to that young actriz though. That dead-eyed look at Isabel from the back seat of the car was scary.

I'm beginning to see Gaby as having snakes in her head where men are concerned. Bruno might make one or two more attempts towards some sort of relationship, but I suspect his smarter course of action will be to simply bid her adios pretty soon. No hate, just some things aren't meant to be.

Sonia: hold a lit cigar to her culo and see if she'll back her head out of Arturo's skin and fall off. What a malign parasite that one is, but she does lend much to the plot, doesn't she?

Happy New Year to all of you!
 

Thank you, xintperuvian for the New Year’s undie advice and the delightful recap.
Add me to the cam that likes the blooming relationship of Mau and Andrea.
I loved the rice a roni date. Hilarious
In regards to Art and Isa, let’s not forget that Art was apprehensive at first and his buddy Bruno had to persuade him to give Isa a try and Bruno made him come to terms with his feelings, particularly the look in his eyes when he saw Isa and the fact that he had love to give to someone other than Eugenia.

 

Happy New Year to all!!
 

Feliz Ano Nuevo a todos!
 

I love the gentle romance developing between Andrea and Mauricio, too. They both seem to be sweet, responsible people. After dealing with smarmy, conniving, nasty Fernando, Andrea deserves a sweetheart good guy liked Mauricio.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all and wishes for as wonderful year ahead.
 

Yes that cunty Fernando deserves the worst anvils of them all.. Same for Sonia. Love the actors performances they make very convincng villians we love to hate.

Idk what to say about Granny Meanie,she seems like a voice of wisdom at times ,but at the other times she shows her a bit greedy nature and i doubt she has any leg problems ,using it as a charade to get pity from others and dinero.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Meanie's earlier charm offensive was purely to keep Andrea's $$$ coming in. But after Andrea was assaulted I think she realized that if anything happens to Andrea, Meanie will be raising and feeding the boys. She is pushing the relationship between Andrea and Mauricio for purely selfish reasons.
 

Hey Siempre-istas. I'm typing up my recap for last night's ep now. It should be up soon enough.


 

Thanks, J!
 

Tablet, if you haven't checked your email, pls do so. I sent you my recap. Thanks. Last night's ep was good with a lot of detail and it took me forever to organize it since everything was fiber and not filler.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder