Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Por siempre mi amor #10 12/16/13: Revenge, Rest, and... Romance?

Hello everyone! It's been a couple of weeks now and I realize that I have never actually introduced myself. My name is Kathy and I am coming to you from a small farm in western Washington State.
 
And now I have to say this: Go Seahawks!

 
I have been a reader and commenter on Caray! for a few years now. My first TN was the final few weeks of Passion', (I was using Google translate on in the short episode summaries from the Univision website to figure out what was going on. That was baffling...). Thank goodness I found Caray in time for MEPS. I was part of the "After Midnight" party for CS '09 and LVO and most recently the train wreck known as PEAM. This is my very first attempt to do recaps for a TN. I am not a Spanish speaker, I am just a rank beginner, so I will be relying a lot on the closed captions. If there are things that I get wrong it's because I didn't understand or I wasn't able to get something down on paper fast enough. If I make some mistakes or forget something please feel free to put it into the comments. Insights and input from all of you make the recaps so much more fun. 
 
Thank you all for your nice comments on my previous recaps. I appreciate it so much!

Friday's episode was a condensed version of everything that's happened up to now. Univision showed its love for those of us on the west coast by airing it at 2am Pacific Time! Yeaaah, we love you too, Uni!

Refritos:
Sonia and Arturo talk about the punishment Aranza should get for fighting at school.
Grandma Meanie slaps Esteban for questioning her opinion.
Isabel cries over her memories of Fernando.

The New Stuff:
Sonia and Aranza are talking about the punishment Arturo has given Aranza for the fight she had with Dafne at school. Sonia sits at the tea table, but Aranza quickly pulls her up from the chair. "That's my Mama's seat." Sonia goes and sits on the bed. She says Arturo is wrong and he shouldn't punish Aranza for defending Esteban. "I'm on your side, Aranza. I love you." Aranza is eating her words like candy. Still, there's one more thing that's bothering her - Dafne told her Sonia would be her step-mother. "Oh, please," Sonia laughs, "I'm not your step-mother, I'm your aunt. And your friend isn't really a friend. She's telling you things that just aren't true. I'm your friend. I'll always be on your side."

Time passes. F-no is taken from the local jail to prison. At Tita's, the remodeling work is well underway. Gonzalo is busted at his dirty apartment and is taken away in handcuffs. At school, Dafne jealously watches as Esteban and Aranza grow closer. And at Arturo's the bond between Aranza and Sonia gets stronger.

Three months later:
Isabel isn't at work, Gabi wonders where she could be. Tere said she hasn't called, nobody has heard from her or has a clue where she is.

Isabel has gone to the prison to visit F-No. He's sure she's seen the error of her ways and he gloats, "Well, after 3 months you've finally come to visit. You've come to apologize, but it's okay. I've already forgiven you."
Isabel says she doesn't understand why he treated her the way he did. But she does understand that he deserves the punishment he's getting and more. And as for forgiveness, there is none. "You're dead to me."
This doesn't sit well with F-No. He leans over and gets in her face. "You'd better pray to God I don't get out of here. I'll get my revenge on you."
"You don't scare me with your threats."
"It's not a threat. It's a promise." He runs his eyes over her body. "You are very beautiful. And I will have my revenge."
Isabel walks out. F-No yells at her back, "I will have my revenge."

Sonia sits in the little chair and tells Aranza about the great idea she's cooked up. Your Dad is taking a trip. While he's gone why don't you go to your Grandfather's house? After all, why would you want to stay in this house if your Dad's not here? When he finds out you've left the house he'll come right back here to be with you. Aranza, you can't tell anyone about this. Not Lucha, not Gabino, not your Grandfather. It will be our little secret. They pinky swear and hug.

Isabel has finally arrived at work. She tells Gabi about her visit to F-No. Gabi is horrified and asks why she went. "Nobody understands my pain, my frustration, my anger. I had to go and tell him what I thought of him. I had to get it out of my system. I needed to close this dark chapter of my life. I had to finish it and say adios para siempre." She turns to Gabi, "I think it's time to take that trip."

Arturo tells Bruno that things between Aranza and Sonia are much better. He had his doubts at first, but things are going so well that he thinks he can go on that trip for work. The new hotel they'll be working on is in Puerto Azul.

Isabel and Gabi tell Mauricio that they are going on a vacation to Puerto Azul. Gabi is hoping they can be gone at least a week, she hopes it may be longer. Isabel says, "Five days. That's all. We can't leave the business longer than that."

At Tita's, Isabel and Gabi explain about their quick vacation. They promise her that the remodeling work on her house will continue on schedule. Tita apologizes, "I don't really know what I want done on the second floor. Someone I loved very much passed away recently and I haven't thought much about the house."

Arturo is leaving for his work trip. He hugs Aranza. "I'll miss you." He gives Gabino a card with his contact information. Sonia assures him that everything will be fine. She hugs Aranza to her, "We'll have a great time."

Isabel and Gabi are heading for the airport. Gabi is very excited, but Isabel is doing a good impression of a stick-in-the-mud. Is it me, or are they are dressed really conservatively for a vacation to the beach?

At the baggage claim Isabel reaches for her bag. Another hand closes over hers. "Excuse me, Miss. I think that's my bag."
"No, it's mine." She looks up and meets Arturo's gaze. They stare at each other.
Gabi suggests they check the name tag. She is introducing herself and Isabel as Bruno walks up. What a happy coincidence! Arturo, these are the designers who are doing the work on my mother's house. He introduces Arturo to the women. Isabel and Arturo shake hands and their eyes lock again.

Andrea cannot endure her mother's behavior any longer. "She doesn't talk to me anymore. She hates me. She tells me to take my kids and get out." Mauricio offers to take her to see the apartments the firm is working on; that way she'll have some idea of what she wants when she's ready to move. He takes her hand.

Sonia is packing a very large suitcase. F-No is on the phone, "You haven't come to see me. You haven't done what you said you would."
"I'm on it. I'm trying. It's taking longer than I thought it would."
F-No threatens her, "You better not cross me." He hangs up. She flings the phone down onto the bed.
"Idiot! I'm going to the beach."

Aranza and Esteban sit on a bench together. Aranza is sad that her Dad has gone on a trip. She misses him. Esteban comforts her, "I'm your friend. I love you."

Mauricio cannot believe that Grandma Meanie is collecting rent from Andrea. "She makes you pay for shelter?"
"She did support us at times."
"Still, it's not fair the way she treats you and your kids. You need to get your own place."

Across town, Grandma Meanie is telling Agatha all her woes. "Andrea won't talk to me anymore. She's got a good job now and she and her kids are still here."
"You're abusive and demeaning to her. What did you expect? She was just defending her son."
"You're always taking her side."
"You're nuts! And you're taking her money. If she moves out she'll take her kids and her money and you'll be alone with no one to even give you a glass of water."

Isabel and Gabi arrive at the hotel and just in their wake are Bruno and Arturo. "You're staying here!?" Gabi gushes happily. "We're here on vacation. Are you on vacation too?" Bruno answers, "No. We're here for work. But we won't be working all the time. Maybe we could meet for dinner?"
Gabi's enthusiastic "We'd love too" is interrupted by Isabel's flat "No, I'm tired. I just want to rest."

As they enter the hotel the doorman offers an iced drink to "the ladies and their husbands". Isabel squashes his misconception like a bug. "We're not married." The desk clerk makes the same mistake, "Mr. and Mrs. de la Riva?"
Isabel stomps that "husband" bug even harder, "We are not married. He is not my husband. I am here..." she gestures toward Gabi, "with my amiga." She points to Arturo, "He is here with his co-worker." The manager apologizes for the mix-up and offers to upgrade their rooms to the two best suites in the hotel. Gabi quickly accepts, "They make a mistake and we win!" Isabel is tired and heads to the suite. Gabi lingers behind long enough to accept a dinner invitation from Bruno.

Grandma Meanie shows up at Casa Arte. She asks for Andrea. Andrea rushes out alarmed by the fact that her mother has come to her workplace. "Is something wrong?"

Grandma Meanie gets weepy, "I was mean to you. Forgive me. I swear I won't talk to you like that ever again. I love you. You're my daughter. Forgive me." Andrea cannot believe what she is hearing and neither can we. Meanie is dumping a whole load of fertilizer. "I am so, so sorry. I want you and the kids to stay. I don't want to be alone. I love you." She hugs the sobbing Andrea. "We'll stay. I love you Mama." Meanie's tight smile of satisfaction says it all. The idiot believes me.

Sonia picks Aranza up at school. She overhears Dafne tell Ileana "She has a step-mother's face." This doesn't sit well with Sonia. "I want you to stop filling Aranza's head with all your nonsense. Stop it or you'll have to deal with me. Got it? " Dafne runs away.

Meanie says she will let Andrea get back to work. But before she goes she gives Andrea a blessing. Meanie hobbles out and crosses the lobby assessing the trendy artwork and furnishings as she goes. "There is lots of money here. Lots of money. I have to watch my mouth. I don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg." (I didn't catch the actual phrase used here.)

Tita watches sadly as the workers peel wallpaper from the walls. "I feel like they are taking my memories along with the paper." Zenaida reminds her that memories are stored in the heart and the head and that she will always have them.

Aranza wants to call her Grandfather. Because Arturo is gone, she doesn't want to stay at home alone. She wants to go to Grandpa's house to stay.
Lucha isn't happy about this. "You're not alone. We're here with you. Does your father know about this?"
Sonia smiles, "She has my permission." She takes Aranza into the den and dials the phone. "May I speak to Osvaldo de la Riva?"
"Who is calling please?"
"Tell him his granddaughter Aranza would like to speak to him."
She hands the phone to Aranza.
"Grandpa, my dad has gone on a trip for work. I would like to come and stay at your house." Osvaldo is thrilled at the idea and tells Aranza to pack enough clothes for a few days. He'll come and pick her up in an hour.

Gabi wonders why Isabel isn't thrilled by the fact that there are two handsome, intelligent men who would like their company? "We don't know them. I don't want to have dinner with strangers."
Gabi counters, "I know Bruno."

They are interrupted by a knock at the door. A waiter has arrived with a basket containing a bottle of wine surrounded by white roses. There is a card which Gabi grabs from Isabel. "Let me see who sent it!" The basket is from Arturo. "It says he apologizes for the confusion earlier. But..." Gabi pulls her arm back and launches an imaginary Cupid's arrow at Isabel. "...Maybe he has fallen for you."

Advances:
A romantic dinner for four is invaded by an unexpected pest guest.


Labels:


Comments:
Kathy, Kathy, Kathy---this recap is fabulous!!! Succinct yet thorough and filled with snark (dumping fertilizer, neither can we and pest/guest.)

I love the perfect balance of sweet/light and dark/heavy. F-no outdid himself with evil last night, and So-not is gearing up, but I loved the scene with Esteban and Aranza and Mauricio and Andrea would make a cute couple I think...even though Tere might be jealous.

I know So-not is evil, but I was kind of glad she put Dafne in her place.
 

PS: I was ok with their beach wear, but I had an issue with Gaby's lace shirt/pink mini/white go go boots office attire.
 

AAARGH!! And I forgot to add "Yay!!! Archie Lafranco!!!!!"
 

Kathy- We go back to Midnight Club, LVO days, so no need for intro. But I am so pleased that you've made the leap to recapper because you are wonderful at it.

Yay! I loved all the mix up in Puerto Azul. Isa is going to be a tough nut to crack, but the effort of getting to know her might just help Art emerge from his grief. Even if they both don't want to admit it, there was some instant attraction there.

I like the Mau-Andrea development. But I hate that she fell for Meanie's b.s. Andrea said one thing that stuck out as she spoke about her mother's attitude. She said she treats me like a "recogida"-- something or someone you just find, like on the street. We've already expressed doubt that Meanie is really Andrea's mother. And when she's alone talking to herself, she never says my daughter. She always says Andrea and her brats. Hmmm...

How is crazy So-not going to explain dumping Ara at Gramps' house and showing up at the beach?
 

Esteban telling Ara that he loves her was so sweet. He's such a nice kid. I'll really enjoy seeing Pablo Lyle playing the adult version.
 

Kathy, this was amazing. Loved the title. Caray (and we) are so fortunate to have you! This was so much fun "Meanie is dumping a whole load of fertilizer" and " Meanie's tight smile of satisfaction says it all. The idiot believes me" were but a few of my favorites. This was great.

First things first - Sara, woo hoo to Archie Lefranco - great actor whose work I've always enjoyed, AV being the most recent.

Isabel must be kicking herself for having ever succumed to Fernando's "charms". Now she sees the vile snake she let slither into her life.

Sonia is manipulating Aranza like a marionette and is mapping out her evil plans to perfection.

Isabel and Arturo sense an attraction but are both hurting and need to heal their wounds before moving forward.

Kathy, thank you so much - this was excellent.

Diana
 

Vivi - "Esteban telling Ara that he loves her was so sweet. He's such a nice kid". ITA. I think he played Colunga's son in Pastion (?)

Diana
 

I didn't see Pasion, but that was quite a few years ago, so this kid would have been a baby. But if you saw Un Refugio Para el Amor, then you'll recognize him as the adorable waif who played the son of the protagonists.
 

Kathy,

Thanks so much for this most splendid recap.

I liked the hand touching with Isa and Art. It was almost like an electric shock. It will be great to see them get to know each other.

ITA with everyone about Andrea and MiniMean. I so don't want her buffaloing Andrea. Milking her for money. I think Agatha will help Andrea out and keep MiniMean in line. I love Agatha and her straight talk.

ITA Sara with Archie Lanfranco and So-not telling Dafne to shut it. Dafne has met her match.

I'm glad that Isa went to the prison and told Fern off, but I didn't like him threatening her. He thinks he's all that! I'm glad Isa told him he's dead to her.

ITA about the Mauricio/Andrea moment Vivi. I hope Mauricio helps Andrea see through MiniMean eventually, cause we all know that MiniMean can't stop being mean.
 

Kathy, a true, natural born recapper!! This was wonderful!! I started hanging in Caray with Passion too. Lord, that seems ages ago.

Now I know I'm supposed to hate Sonia anyway, but you have to hand it to her, she sure knows how to play this game. Now, if Art doesn't go off the deep end in her sending Aranza off to her grandfather's without calling him first, one strike against him. He may look horrified, but the question will be, how does he actually handle the situation? Her "mi amor" in the preview made my skin crawl.

Grandma Meanie needs to be hit by the local bus and soon. What a despicable woman. For a minute there I thought, hoped, that Andrea wouldn't buy into the garbage being fed to her, but no. Grandma sticks around to abuse her another day. Argh!

F-No looks good in Orange. Anyone else want to throw their own personal anvil at him when HE forgave Isa? WTH?? Another one who's demise will be fun to speculate on.

Daisynjay
 

Daisynjay, did you notice how Mauricio and Tere smiled at the "tender scene"? I'm afraid Mean-erva as duped them all.
 

Sara: YES!! I wanted to smack them too, but then I realized they have no experience (yet) with this woman so they think this "making up" is all wonderful.

I guess all our meanies in this one have the "bull****" gene in spades. Those around them need spades to shovel out of all the drech they keep feeding up.

Daisynjay
 

Great work. My favorite line was "Meanie is dumping a whole load of fertilizer. "

The problem with people like her is that because we are always told we must love our parents many people hold out that such people will change. The mostly don't and most of those get worse over time.

Fer-no is probably trying to gaslight Isabel. What a reptile.
 

Marvelous recap, Kathy, thank you. And it's nice to meet you. :-)
The chance encounter with ISa and Art was wonderful. Thank goodness for Gaby for her pioneering spirit and wit.
Sucia is showing her true colors. I love the guest/pest reference.
Sucia knows that Daphne can see through her.
Mean Minerva is a trip. She needs a double anvil drop.

 

"Reptile"--perfect, UA.

Daisynjay--I'm hoping they wise up, too.

I cannot wait to see what happens at dinner tonight!
 

Thanks Kathy! Great succinct recap. Loved the part about Meanie piling it on for Andrea, especially her satisfied smiled.
 

Couldn't believe Meanie's load of BS and that Mau believed it. I think that really good people just can't believe how rotten people like this old witch can be especially to their own child.

So-not is a master manipulator. She carefully snared Aranza, Art is clueless to what she really is so I see trouble a-coming. I will admit to liking the fact that she told off Dreadful Daph. I guess like recognizes like. It will be interesting to see if in the time leap they become allies.

I like Isa but she irked me that martyred no body understands my pain routine. Yeah they and we do but she seems to be wallowing in it. OK you married a rat bastard, found out what he was so let it go. Tell yourself you had a lucky escape. Why go to the prison to tell him off and open yourself up to threats.

I too wonder how So-not will explain her what a surprise appearance at the beach. I can't help thinking about how Daph mentioned her father going on a business trip and coming back with a wife. Since TN's tend to repeat themes in a story I fear someone So-not will end up marrying Art on this trip. I can only imagine that they way she will achieve is via a boatload of alcohol and maybe some drugs cause I can't see him doing it voluntarily. (No spoiler - just my writers imagination and years of TN viewing)
 

thanks, Kathy.

Well, the baddies are very bad , and the goodies are very good. Everyone is lined up , and facing his or her opponent. Some poor good souls are dealing with more than one albatross around their necks, for example, Andrea has to deal with Feo and Meaniemin. Poor thing. Give her strength and sense to overcome the negative effects of these two losers on her life and the lives of her sons. But isn't this exactly what our beloved novelas are all about..good eventually overcoming evil ? As in real life, there are always people who make life challenging and even dangerous for others.

I agree that So-not recognized Dafne as a young version of her own nasty self. These nasties are doing a good job of being repulsive and annoying so that they are easy to despise.

I love Gaby, but I must agree that the white lace top and pink miniskirt was not appropriate for any office. well, maybe the Playboy Publishing offices. Oh well, sometimes good folks have questionable fashion sense. juaever.

I think that it was a bad idea for Isa to go to the prison to see Feo. It just gave him another opportunity for him to threaten and intimidate her. Out of sight, out of mind, She should just pretend he is dead and move on with her life. It is always amazing to me to see that in real life, nice girls get involved with bad guys who do not deserve them.

I agree that Esteban is a very sweet little boy , and he will grow up to be a kind, sweet man thanks to a good mother. The question is how did Andrea become such a good woman raised by that harpy of a mean mother ? The two cannot possibly be blood related. One more question, it looks as if Ara and Esteban have fallen in puppy love, so can you remember your puppy love ?

I like this novela, and I can't wait to see what will happen next.


 

I agree about Gabi's office attire. The lace blouse, mini-skirt and short boots looked more like a Go-Go dancer's attire than a work outfit. But she did look cute in it.

I had a very "whoa" moment the second time Sonia sat in the little chair and Aranza didn't pull her out or even say anything. That was Mama's chair before. Sonia really has inserted herself into Eugenia's place in a very short amount of time.

I'm also wondering how Sonia is going to get away with showing up in Puerto Azul. Will she say it was Osvaldo's idea to have Aranza go to his house? We know she has some excuse at the ready.
 

Thank you Kathy---You said that you are new to recapping but one would never know it. You're like an old pro. Well it looks like I'm the only guy here. That's ok, I like Susana Gonzalez and so I will be hanging around---besides, this is shaping up to be very good. Kathy, everyone has mentioned your whole load of fertilizer line, I too think that it was great. Meanie Mom sure came on strong with her evil half smile/smirk and her "the idiot believes me." Mom of the year anyone?

So-not is manipulating Aranza but mean girl Dafne has her number. So-not took it to Dafne last night
but I think that little Dafne will be giving her more trouble in the future than she now realizes. This interplay could get very interesting.

Good show tonight. So-not shows up to spoil the fun---must see TV.
the gringo
 

Kathy- I think that scene with So-not was very in purpose. I thought about it being mama's chair, too.
 

The second time with the chair was i belive after the little notation 3 months later. That would mean that So-not had had some time to keep working on Ara which she started after the how should she be punished episode. The girl is vulnerable and So-not is worming her way carefully.
 

Right. So for three months So-not had time to work her plan. So far, almost everything on this show has had a purpose. Even a couple of scenes like "that's my mom's chair"....3 months later...So-not sits down. Not a word was said, but we got the message.

OT: This has not gotten fabulous ratings in Mexico. It followed CI and there's been some disappointment that PSMA hasn't gotten the same numbers. I still can't believe the numbers CI got.

I found this post and the comments interesting.
 

Kathy -- Loved your recap. I have just begun watching this TN and will have to catch up via recaps The Hawks logo caught my attention, as I too live on a small farm just outside our state capital.

Keep up the excellent work, and Go SEAHAWKS
 

Sara- Thanks for the link. Honestly, I can't stand reading one more thing about CI's high ratings. It is a piece of crap telenovela. There. I said it. I'm sorry Gringo. I just can't stand that a high quality tn like this one gets compared to CI, and loses in ratings! (Please tell me you can see the difference in quality.) It's just ridiculous. If I were Sada, the producer of Siempre, and the studio was making comparisons to my tn and CI, and wanted me to inject whatever "magic" CI had into my tn, I would tell them to go jump in a lake. Ratings are one thing, and quality is another.
 

Kathy,

Thank you for the recap, I too live in Washington State in Seattle. Also rely on closed caption and caray caray to give meaning to what I am watching. Love the novelas and appreciate all the recappers for what they do, it is a big commitment and very time consuming, again thank you and
"GO HAWKS"
 

I TOTALLY AGREE VIVI!!!!! I want quality!!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder