Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Por siempre mi amor #23 1/6/04: Love Is - Isn't - No Wait... IS in the Air... or Maybe Not

I hope you all had a great weekend and are staying warm and safe. Sub-zero weather is no fun, especially the "freeze the hair in your nose" kind most of the country is having right now.

Nothing warms like a good laugh so I wanted to share this. I saw this on Friday and laughed till I cried.



This episode had no "leftovers" we just jump right in where we left off on Friday.

Arturo, who is angry that Aranza slipped away from Isabel and Tita at the mall, tells Isabel she's too irresponsible to take care of his daughter and because of that they have no future together. Isabel says, "If that's what you think then there's nothing more to discuss." She grabs her purse and rushes out. Tita picks up the Clue Bat. (I really think she needs something heavier, but since she hasn't touched a lamp or a candlestick or even approached the kitchen for a frying pan, the Clue Bat will have to do. For now.)

Either one or ALL of these would do the trick. 



"I can't believe you think this is her fault."
"Well, whose fault is it?"
"It was an accident. I suppose you think I'm irresponsible too? That I can't take care of the girl? When your head cools down you'll see things more clearly." Tita goes on but the short version is, "Arturo, you are just a freakin' idiot and you better hope like hell it's not too late to patch things up with Isabel!"

Bruno's brunch includes dessert (he's made TWO desserts - neither of them chocolate - but even so, this guy is a keeper) and he feeds Gaby a spoonful of cheesecake and tells her it's easy to fall in love with her. In the midst of a tickle fight her phone rings. It's Isabel. Through her tears she tells Gaby that Arturo has broken things off with her.

Andrea, Mauricio and the boys return from looking at apartments. Andrea takes Esteban off to bed. Grandma Meanie asks if they found a place. "Yes, we found a great place. Andrea and the kids will be very happy." Meanie picks up her knitting, "That's good." She knits, then grabs a hankie and the crocodile tears start falling. Mauricio looks concerned, "Are you all right?"
"Yes. (sob) I'm just sad. (sob) It's just that Andrea and my grandsons will leave. And then I'll be all alone (sob, sob). I know she has to grow up and move on. (sniffle, sob) I've sacrificed for her and her children.... It's just part of life. (wipes eyes, sobs, sniffles, sobs again).
"Wait, wait. You don't have to stay here alone. Why don't you move in too? The apartment is big enough. I'll tell Andrea that it's just the right thing to do."
"Gracias." she smiles. Mauricio may be Mr. Right for Andrea, but he is definitely the answer to Meanie's dreams. As any sweet, generous, good looking, financially secure guy would be.

Arturo sits at his desk, he thought bubbles the earlier confrontation with Isabel and Tita. Then he remembers Tita telling him about Dafne and Sonia putting ideas in Aranza's head. Maybe this whole thing wasn't Isabel's or Tita's fault after all. Ya think?? He picks up the phone to call Isabel and overhears Aranza talking to Sonia.
"I did just what you told me to do. I blamed it all on Isabel."
"Oh, good girl." Sonia snarks, "We'll get rid of that skank."
"What's a skank?"
Sonia gives a self-descriptive definition of "skank'. I guess if anyone would know...
Aranza laughs, "Now the skank won't get back with my dad."
Arturo has heard enough. He runs upstairs to Aranza's room to confront her.
"So everything you said about Isabel was a lie?"
At first Aranza denies it, but when Arturo tells her he listened in on the phone, she breaks down and admits she lied. She was worried that Arturo only loved Isabel and not her.  Arturo tells Aranza he will always love her. He goes on to explain how bad Sonia is. How she lied to get into the house to try to take Eugenia's place. "Remember you didn't want Sonia to move in? That feeling in your heart tells you if someone is good or bad. You knew Sonia was bad." Aranza asks for forgiveness. They hug. I can't really tell if she looks sorry or not.

Gaby and Isabel talk about what happened. Gaby thinks Aranza is a monster who hates Isabel. Isabel thinks Aranza is confused about, well, everything.

Next morning at Casa Arte Isabel arrives to find Arturo waiting in her office. He wants to apologize. She tells him what he said was hurtful.
"But I was so scared about what happened with Aranza."
"Arturo, how do you think I felt. I was scared too."
"Aranza finally told me the truth." Arturo doesn't tell Isabel how he found out the truth. Hmmmm.
"If she hadn't would you still have come to apologize?"
Arturo says yes, asks for Isabel's forgiveness and for another opportunity. What is this, second chance number 6 or 7? We were at 3 in Puerto Azul... I can't remember anymore...

Bruno and Tita have breakfast and talk about Arturo and Isabel. Tita tells Bruno that Arturo was rude and mean to Isabel. "He's just like Osvaldo - and just like Osvaldo, he'll end up alone."

At school Aranza, Esteban, Ileana and Dafne talk about Isabel and Sonia. Ileana thinks Isabel is nice. Esteban says the Isabel his mom works for is nice and she's paying for his school and his brother's daycare. Dafne tells them that Sonia is Aranza's aunt and because she's "family" Sonia is the one Aranza should listen to. They remind Dafne that Sonia is the bruja who screamed at her. She shrugs, "You shouldn't listen to strangers."

Sonia opens the door of her apartment to find Arturo standing there. She smirks, "Well, this is a surprise. More like a miracle."
Arturo confronts her. "I heard you on the phone with Aranza. Stay away from my daughter. This is the last time I'm telling you."

Fernando carries his food tray across the room. An inmate slaps it to the floor, another order him to pick up the mess. "If you know what's good for you, pick it up. You're going to be our maid." They laugh at him. Fernando gets down and starts picking food off the floor.

Gaby and Isabel are at Home Depot (Ssshhhh! It's a secret!) Gaby is wearing what looks like a swimming suit covered with a fringed skirt. Isabel chirps about how much Arturo loves and trusts her. Even with Aranza! Girlfriend, seriously. It's only been a day... Gaby doesn't know what she feels about Bruno. When he's gone she misses him, but when he's with her, well, she just wants to go slow. Isabel thinks it's a head versus heart thing.

Aranza calls Sonia. Sonia is angry. "Don't call me if you can't be careful. You were sloppy. I can't trust you." Aranza tells Sonia that Arturo is out with Isabel and he won't hear them talking. Sonia rages, "You're so ungrateful. You don't appreciate me or my advice. You forgot your mother and me and my love and your mother's love." Aranza swears she hasn't forgotten.
"Really? Then swear - swear on your mother - that no one will know that we talk." Aranza gulps and swears.

---   Six Months Later ---

Sonia drinks tequila and talks on the phone. "I don't know why the airline didn't honor your reservation. Yes, this is a legitimate travel agency. I'll check into it and as soon as I know anything I'll get back to you." She hangs up and pours another drink.

Tita is surprised (and delighted!) to see that Osvaldo has come to call. He asks Tita to accompany him to the birthday dinner of a friend, then excuses himself. She calls him back. She primps her hair daintily. "Yes. I'd be delighted to go to dinner with you. Pick me up at eight." Later when they arrive at the club she calls him "Birdy" and tells the host that they are officially dating. Osvaldo is nearly speechless, "Birdy??". She pats his lapel and bats her eyes. "Birdy" it is.

Arturo, Isabel, Gaby and Bruno are enjoying a nice dinner. It's been six months and Arturo wants to make a special toast. He tells Isabel that he's very happy, loves her very much. He want her to be in his life para siempre.
"Para Simepre?" she asks.
He kisses her and says yes. They toast. Isabel is distracted by a red ribbon hanging out of Arturo's suit pocket. She pulls on it. A very long ribbon comes out. She reels it in to find a diamond ring tied at the end. She is thrilled. Arturo asks, "Will you marry me?" She covers her scream and nods "Yes... Yes!" Everyone in the restaurant applauds. They kiss.
Gaby yells, "Felicidades!"
All four hug and kiss, then Gaby and Bruno toast the bride and groom.

Osvaldo walks Tita back to her house. Has she ever considered starting over? Getting married again?
"No. No. I was married for fourty years and I've only been a widow for a year." Osvaldo says, "Life is short" He leans in. Is he giving her a kiss on the cheek or is he going for the lips? They do a little awkward back-and-forth and his kiss ends up on her lips! Osvaldo apologizes and turns quickly to go. He takes a few steps away then returns to kiss her hand. "Buenos Noches,"  he whispers and makes his retreat. Tita looks at her hand and touches her heart, "Buenos Noches."

At home Osvaldo tells Balthzar about his dinner with Tita and the kiss. "She pretended to be my girlfriend."
The ever-wise Balthazar tells him, "No woman will ever pretend to be a girlfriend. If she said that and she kissed you back she must have some feelings for you." He urges Osvaldo to take a chance with Tita. "Try it now or you'll surely regret it later."

Tita thought bubbles Osvaldo's kiss. She looks in the mirror and tells herself, "No! No! You're crazy. Crazy!"
Zenaida enters with a tray and asks Tita who she's talking to. Tita tells her about Osvaldo and the kiss. Zenaida thinks it's wonderful that Tita has a boyfriend. But Tita claims, "No. We're just friends."

At Arturo's house the happy couple has returned to tell Aranza about their engagement. Lucha shuts off the TV and excuses herself from the room. Isabel and Arturo sit down on the couch. "We have something important to tell you." Aranza grabs the remote and turns the TV back on. She wants none of this. Arturo takes the remote from her and shuts the TV off again. He tells Aranza that he and Isabel are getting married. The news upsets Aranza and she jumps up from the couch. "You promised me I'd never have a step-mother. You promised me!" She runs from the room crying.

Gaby is amazed to learn that Bruno was in on Arturo's surprise proposal to Isabel. "You knew about it?"
"Of course. You and I had to go to dinner with them to keep Isabel off track." Bruno hints that there might be a proposal in Gaby's future. She immediately throws Bruno off his track. "No marriage. I don't believe in marriage. And no living together either."
"But it's been six months."
"It's too soon."
Bruno is hurt and angry. "I think I'd better go."

Isabel stops Arturo from going after Aranza. She says Aranza doesn't understand what's happening. It's too soon for her. "Aranza thinks I'm trying to take Eugenia's place and I'm not. I never could." Arturo shouldn't drag her back and try to explain things in front of Isabel. He needs to be with her alone and talk things out. Arturo sees Isabel's point and thanks her for her understanding and concern for Aranza. They hug and we see Arturo's blissful smile and Isabel's worried face.

Advances:
Aranza phones Sonia with the news of Isabel and Arturo's engagement.
Isabel screams in horror at something we don't get to see...... yet.






Labels:


Comments:
Loved that photo...too funny.
 

Thank you, xintperuvian for the humorous photo, what a great way to start your fabulous, picturesque recap.
I can't stop laughing at the clue bat.
I was glad that Art caught So-Not in the act with Ara but disappointed that Art didn't fully carry out a just punishment. In front of Ara he should have let Sonia know that she lied what she lied about and that he forbids any contact with his daughter. His light handed reprimand approach left ample space for Sonia to slither back and to are the child swear on her dead mother that she won't tell. Sucia has reached a new low.
It wasn't clear if Art explained to Isa or Tita exactly what happened and yes the apologies are getting yawn- boring.
Mean Minnie acted according to script and now she wants to move with Andrea and the boys. What a pain!
Ara is confused but without help to deal with her grieving and learn to trust the right people, she is steadily growing into a little monster, exactly as Gaby has described.
Daphne - Princess of Mean was put into her place by Lilliana- hahaha! She was on team Sonia until Lily reminded her that Sonia yelled at her.
Hmmm- six months later and:
Tita and Osvaldo are too cute together.
Art proposes marriage to Isa and Ara reacts to the news exactly as we would have expected. Art has to learn to follow up.
Thanks for warming up a cold morning -brrrrrr!
 

I don't watch this but thanks so much for that incredible photo. Wonderful to start the brrrrrr frigid day in Ohio laughing my head off.

Your title is very cute and clever also. Gracias!
 

xintperuvian, the picture was priceless! I'll echo my amiga Judy in that it is a wonderful way to begin the day.

Loved the title. "I really think she needs something heavier, but since she hasn't touched a lamp or a candlestick or even approached the kitchen for a frying pan, the Clue Bat will have to do. For now." and "(he's made TWO desserts - neither of them chocolate - but even so, this guy is a keeper" were my favs.

I didn't get to see this but thanks to your incredibly complete conversations and vivid descriptions, I feel as though I haven't missed a thing.

Arturo now knows definitively what the situation is with Sonia and with Aranza. He needs to get Ara into therapy right away and must ensure she is unable to leave the house without someone with her. Isa has cut him far too much slack and this should be his one last chance. But as you noted so well Tablet jefa "His light handed reprimand approach left ample space for Sonia to slither back and to are the child swear on her dead mother that she won't tell. Sucia has reached a new low." Sigh...

Bruno needs to disengage from Gabi for a bit to see if she will miss him. She may well indeed be too independent and marriage shy for him. We will have to see what happesn.

This was simply great.

Diana
 

This is a work of art! (No pun intended.) I thought "self descriptive definition of skank" was hilarious!

I'm glad Feo is already getting some punishment, but I expect it will only make him more h bent on revenge.

I can't wait to see what Isa is screaming about.

I do sort of wish they had made it a year of dating and not just 6 months.
 

And thanks for the funny pictures!

Stay warm, everyone!
 

You've certainly started us off well on this frigid morning. Thanks, amiga.

I thought it was particularly evil of Sonia to make Ara swear on her dead mama. Folks, I don't think either Art's words of love, or any logic a therapist might impart, are strong enough to fight Sonia's wicked manipulations during her and Ara's secret conversations.

Sonia seems to be hitting the bottle pretty hard. Will she become a raving drunk on top of a raving lunatic? Nice to see Feo getting picked in prison, but it's just fueling his hatred of Isa and Andy.

Mau is a soft touch, but so is Andy. She would have never left Meanie alone, even without Mau's encouragement. Those two are perfect marks for Meanie the Manipulator.
 

Thanks, xintperuvisn. Art is moving fast, but I guess when you have been happily married, you want that rekationship again. Also, Art is older and realizes that time and tide wait for no man , so he does not want to waste anytime . I think that men tend to remarry faster than women. My sister became a widow in her 40s and never remarried.

so-no is BSC and seems well on her way to becoming a raving drunken lunatic..thank you,Vivi.

it is nice to see Fe-no being the one intimidated for a change, but as others have noted, it will just make him more determined for revenge on the innocents when he gets out of prison. Bleeccchhh. Unfortunately, as in real life, there are those who just want to live their lives peacefully and those who just want to cause trouble .


Brrrr....below zero temps have caused the schools around here to close. I am getting lost in layers of clothing .
 

OMG! That poster is HILARIOUS!!!! Don't watch the show but had to tell you so. Gonna steal it! Thank you xintperuvian!

Lila
 

Sonia gives a self-descriptive definition of "skank'. Awesome

I'm just aghast after last night with stupid winning the day.

Bruno I remember where I have seen you before. A 14 year old boy

Sonia is the only consistent adult in Aranzas life and actually goes out of her way to interact with the girl. No wonder Aranza calls her when her father is out playing with his new squeeze

Isabel I now know how it was you fell for Fernando. You are one of those broken girls that is insecure and gotta have a man.

Gaby run like your life depends on it cause crazy love is very contagious

Art don't even get me started

Fernando I bet will take the prison dudes down but come out unscathed and maybe rewarded by the system

The redeemers Tita and Osvaldo
 

I hate to see MinnieMean playing sweet Mau, ! but isn't that often the way things are. ..the bad taking
Advantage of the good. She never seemed to like Andrea and the boys living with her, but I guess she is willing to put up with them in a better apartment in a better neighborhood. What a joyless greedy taker. I actually feel sorry for her for not realizing how lucky she is to have a good daughter and sweet grandsons. No gratitude in that cold heart. Maybe she will change .
 

It bothered me too! She made me want to puke last night: "oh I'm knitting a cobija to keep my rheumatism riddled body warm."

Puh-leeze and Blecchh for good measure.
 

Thanks for the recap Kathy and your hilarious poster.

ITA w/TJ that Art has yet to deal with her daughter adequately. So-not has consistently been in the child's life and those venomous seeds will soon appear. I hope the writers and actress give us time to show the impact when poor Ara learns the person she trusted the most killed her mom.
 

A big thank you Xlntperuvian, you made the start of a Tuesday morning a good one for sure.

I know that Tita and Osvaldo are not the main characters but they are so good together, a perfect match---great chemistry.

I agree that Feo will come out of prison meaner than ever, he will be looking for revenge in a big way. It's funny how bad people rarely ever think that the problem may actually start with them. Not me---it's the other guys that brought on all this misery is usually the way it goes.
Trouble ahead for both Isa and Andrea.

Tofie---Fernando will take the prison duds down. I'm not so sure,
he's outnumbered but he could form an alliance of some kind.

Susanlynn---No gratitude in Grandma Meanie's cold heart. True
but she knows how to play her cards. She will soon be out of the hood.

While watching the novela it is easy for us to see things. Art told So-Not to stay away from Aranza but I'll bet that he doesn't check the phone log to see how many times Aranza calls So-Not.

Can't wait for tonight---what surprise awaits us? The advances always look so good.
the gringo

 

I love avances too, gringo! I hate when they get cut off from my recording (like they did last night,)
 

What is getting me is the idea that Minerva will be moving in with her daughter and grandchildren. Or does Mauricio not see how toxic this is to Andrea?

Who still needs a makeover.
 

So Isa finally gets it that the relationship was too soon for Ara and told Art. Both of them are old enough to have known that from day one unfortunately for both of them they didn't and now there will be hell to pay and an innocent hurt child will become the monster Gaby thinks she is. It should never have happened and if Art had been a responsible parent it wouldn't have. Feeling no pity for what he and Isa are sure to go through.

Son-not is the only constant in Ara's life and has never changed in her treatment of her. The child is going to cling to what she knows aided and abetted by evil Skank So-not and Daphne Downer. Such a pity.Art waited too long sand the damage has been done.

I wonder how long Bruno will stay away from Gaby. Those intro shots show him between two women. Has Gaby finally pushed him away?

Don't know about anybody else but the sound was horrible on my set last night, kept cutting in and out. I can never tell if it the channel itself or if all the bad weather is interfering with the transmission. The only preview I got was Isa screaming when she opened a door to look at her wedding dress. I'm thinking somebody cut it up or spoiled it somehow and who would that be? Ara or So-not.
 

I got the impression it had to do with the dress, too. If it's So-no with a pair of scissors then I will laugh. I think Dominika's character did the same in TdA...luckily Maria Desamparada was a whiz with needle and thread. I did just see the preview again and MAN Isa seems really horrified. More than a destroyed dress would warrant...but this is NovelaLand.

I forgot to mention that I also thought Tita and Ozzie were just precious last night.

I also don't like how So-not has got naive Aranza using the term zorra/zorrita as if it were nothing. I'm pretty sure that is not something one uses in polite company and Arazna doesn't seem to realize it and it makes me sad for some reason.
 

Oh Decie-my sound wasn't cutting out, but there were wild fluctuations in volume for me.
 

Sara- Sonia was definitely corrupting Ara's innocence by teaching her to called Isa a whore (zorra), when she had no idea what the term means or can be interpreted to mean. It does mean what Sonia said (someone cunning and sneaky), but it really is much harsher/more nasty than that. Not meant to come out of the mouth of a child.
 

Decie, ITA with you about the Art/Isa pairing. As evil as Ara is getting I blame Art's insensitivity and cluelessness most for it. He had no business getting in a relationship so soon seeing how Ara reacted to Sucia potentially being her madrastra. That was clue #1 that Ara needed some Dad time and Art didn't give it to her. I dislike stupid galans-which is why I love David Z in MPV because he's smart-and Art is either stupid or insensitive.

I also think Art's stupidity was unwarranted because he has two people in his life-Tita and his father-who are widowers to give him advice. His cluelessness at inviting Isa to stay at his place just floored me.
I do find it weird that he always evades the topic when Ara brings up Eugenia. As someone who watches true crime everything Art has done since Genia died screams 'I killed my wife.' That's why the Isa/Art lovers before
Eugenia died rang true to Lucha and Gabino even though they saw daily that Art and Eugenia were in love.

I'm not saying Art should be under the covers crying for six months but the close-knit nuclear family he had with Ara and Genia-remember, he disowned his family because they didn't like Eugenia-merited more mourning time, especially since Eugenia died young and suddenly.
 

Art, Art, Oh Art. You have a one track mind and got a space to fill so by god you are gonna fill it. Haven't you learned in business the art of a deal is timing?
Despite all the drama created by the Mall trip Art thinks it a good time (6 months is still a train wreck about to happen) to propose and move a new baby sitter and bed mate into the house and wonders why his child doesn't take an immediate shine. Art is not in love he is flat out selfish and a horndog.

I hope after the time jump there are some real romances from new players. I'm way over this whole Art and Isabel thingie.
 

gringo, the alliance thing also crossed my mind, could be
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder