Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Que pobres tan ricos #66, 08 April 2014... Fire at the Fonda!! at Chalma, MA and Lupe get hot and steamy too

Emi by pool asks MA if he would like to have wife and kids… MA says it would be really nice, but have to fix some issues of mine first.


At Fonda, Trofeo and Chilaquiles ask Frida what is there to eat. Leo is freaked out, says  customers are bottomless barrels… AS says fix them some tortillas… Frida and Leo convince AS to cook something. She goes to kitchen but not leaving her bottle behind.

Lupe asks Emi to go back to room. MA and Lupe are by poolside. They have another cute argument. He says she has not given him a chance to admire her looks(she is in swimsuit). MA wants to invite her to eat some tacos.

Back at fonda, AS is drinking her martini while cutting potatoes (for Spanish tortilla?) Frida keeps waiting on customers. Leo comes in, says customers want to eat something heavier like panzita. AS is wabbling… she throws stuff on pot… they will love this delicious dish! (LOL!) Mati says see? When you make up your mind, you actually can do something productive. AS says she could care less about her comments, like a fly flew by. Leo says can’t help AS because it is super-complicated. AS says use your head. If anyone poor can use it, you, who have traveled so much should too.

At Chalma room, Chuy tells Nepo about his ‘beatings’ when he was a wrestler. This is nothing, compared to that. Nepo is thankful to them for their hospitality. Nepo lets Chuy use the truck to go back home to get some things.

At Fonda, Leo is having trouble lighting the stove. The room is filling with gas. Then he lites a match… drops it, lites another one and the whole stove goes up in flames… he tries to blow (LOL!) he calls for his mami… AS shouts ‘ay santa maddona!!’ Mati is not much help either blowing from where she is sitting.

Nepo calls Lupe. (MA has changed from wet shirt and tie to a long sleeve tee… that color looks great on him). MA protests that Lupe entertains Nepo on phone. Lupe has to cover MA’s mouth as she says goodbye. DiegoArmando wants to give Nepo medicine, he says he only needs some booze. DA goes to buy him the booze.

At Fonda, now they are all standing by the flamy stove… Mati comes out to restaurant to ask the clients for help. They all leave instead of helping. AS comes out calling them cowards… Chilaquiles also leaves.

In come Chuy and Tizoc in Nepo’s van. They run in while Trofeo and Chila are heading away. Tizoc runs into kitchen. AS and Leo can only whine … Tizoc goes for the fire extinguisher and puts it out quickly. AS says ‘lets let the Menchacas deal with it!’ to Leo.

Lupe tells MA she does not want to leave Perla and Emiliano alone.. MA insists in going to get some tacos. Emi is not a baby, and they are so tired and burned they won’t get up. Take a bit of time to yourself to go for a walk … and for some tacos!! … Lupe is still reluctant. MA asks if she is afraid of him. Lupe cannot say no straight. (signals with fingers… just a bit)… MA gets close very slowly, but she sneaks out.

At A-hole’s… Mini is still looking for the date of Don Aure’s death on the internet. Isela regrets not having gone to the old hag’s funeral. Mini whines that ISela is no help to her. Isela warns she will slap Mini if she keeps talking like that. Isela wants Mini to ask MA. Mini says she still have some dignity. Isela cracks up laughing at Mini using that word. Mini says enough of your mocking. I have enough with my drooly husband.

Back where we want to go… Lupe has brought a tablecloth, seems she wants to have a tacos picnic right in front of the room where Emi is sleeping, but MA grabs the cloth and convinces her. Finally she smiles.

Chuy and Tizoc, Chuy is amazed they got there in time, don’t want to imagine what could have happened.

AS and Leo come down, Chuy and Tizoc question them on what exactly happened. Why were AS and Leo using the stove. AS tells CHuy that Carm left and abandoned them. Leo says ‘she left like the chacharas!’ Chuy asks what happened with the booze… Tizoc asks where is the money they got for the booze and food they sold. AS accuses him of materialistic. AS and Leo leave offended.

Chuy says at least we have to thank God, it could have been much worse.

MA has started a fire in the fireplace (had to add that detail, he is obviously not playing with matches or a gas stove, at least not a literal one) in the room they are in… they are sitting on a bed!! MA says he has enjoyed the trip to Chalma. Lupe shows him a composition notebook with 'holy images/cards' of the virgin and Jesus Christ in the cross). Lupe says the trip has brought her very nice memories of her mom. Lupe shows the notebook to MA and explains that her mom always bought her images of virgin and Jesus at each Chalma trip and glue them on the notebook with some handwritten notes on the page. MA says 'then we will continue the tradition. We will buy one every time we come together. Deal?' (she is moved and thanks him)

DA arrives and Nepo asks him for the booze. Gwendy comes in anxious. Nepo asks how she found out he and DA were back at Nopalera. Gwendy is worried for what happened to Nepo. Nepo sends DA away for the booze. Gwendy says no booze, go get his medications at the pharmacy. He seems afraid of medicines and needles.

MA and Lupe are eating sitting on the floor of the bedroom… Lupe asks MA what he thinks of what happened with Nepo.. MA says everyting he has lived up until today has changed his life radically. Lupe asks how. MA says he never thought he would end up working as produce carrier. He always thought it was more valuable to have a job in industry and marketing, but he was wrong. She smiles. They get real close, still eating. They are both smiling happily.

Gwendy gets on bed with Nepo and caresses him… gets real close to him, wants to pamper him. She feels bad seeing him like this. Nepo says get away, don’t want to heat up the ashes, remember the other day!

Lupe asks MA if he liked the beach. He says yes, of course there are other places much prettier… Lupe nags that he had taken long to talk about other places he had been to that are more beautiful than Chalma. MA: They are very pretty but not as special as this… because you are here. And because I am here with you this is the most special place I have been at in my life.
Lupe: should I take that as a compliment?.
MA: Take it as a flower. Because there is no other woman in the world like you. (they kiss very softly) What is happening here. We are all alone here but all you want is to take advantage of me, right? Lupe: It was you who brought me here with lies…
MA: I just wanted to steal time with you even if just for a little while. But nothing will happen that don’t want to happen.
Lupe: where do I stand with you?.
MA: (tries to kid around) you are sitting… (she gets serious, wants a serious answer.) Honestly, I don’t know. Don’t know where to start… where are we going with all this… to tell you the truth... I haven’t got the slightest clue.

A-hole is mad at Vilma because she has not come up with a way to fix his current situation with Mini/Isela. Vilma says just fix your issue with Mini/Isela soon so we can focus on the more important issue, the presidency of the RP company! A-hole gets mad again and shoos her away again. She leaves.

Back to the pool room... it is getting hot and steamy in here...
MA: How I wish I could promise you the moon and the stars. I would love to tell you we will be together forever but… don’t want to lie to you. I don’t want to make promises I am not sure I would be able to fulfill. I don’t know what will happen with me tomorrow. I don’t have anything to offer you either. Let me explain…
Lup: No, I get it…
MA: Guadalupe, if what you want to know whether I love you … Look at my eyes. Guadalupe… in my whole life I have only talked about love to one woman. Eventually I realized I wasn’t even sure it was love what I felt for her. I don’t need to mention her name. You know it. Want to know what I feel for you? … I love you, Guadalupe.
Lup: Seriously, seriously?…
MA: Seriously. I can tell you this. At my age, and with my heart pounding like I have not felt it since I was a teenager, you are a unique woman and I am absolutely sure I am in love with you… I love you, Guadalupe.
Lupe (looks deep into his eyes, he is slightly smiling).
MA: I want you to know that if it is not easy for me to tell you I love you, it is not because I am not sure, but because of the (unstable) situation I am living. I would like to offer you everything, but I have nothing to offer you. I am hiding from the police, and my family are a bunch of nuts. I don’t even know what will happen with me tomorrow. Think about it (about whether or not she wants a relationship with him). What you see is what I am.
Lupe: I am so unlucky, right?... I want you to know that I don’t care what you have… wanna know why? Because I love you.
They kiss again… … and it goes further, they are kissing lying on the bed now… kisses get hotter.
He is now undressing her. And we see them kissing through the flames... she gives him a final green light with a smile and they fall slowly on the bed together (still hugging, sort of like if someone called out 'TIMBERR!!)

At Nepo’s DA arrives with the meds… Gwendy pulls out a big needle and Nepo starts crying like a chicken.

At office, Vilma grabs a framed photo of A-hole, talks to it, saying he finally realized Mini is not worth it. Now he will realize there are other women that can truly make him happy… like her. (she kisses his picture and sighs)

Mini and Isela go to her room. The lawyer is again at A-hole’s and they are afraid A-hole is making another move against them. ISela keeps coaching Mini to go back and try to get with MA. Mini says no, have my dignity. Isela says then lets get used to the idea we won’t eat 3 times a day, won’t have a pool, etc. Mini says any excuse is good to go see MA.

We return to the lovebirds.. they are talking in bed… MA promises Lupe that they will be together a long time. Lupe promises she will help him in any way she can to prove his innocence. For starters, have to put a wrestling hold on his cousin. MA is moved at her courage. Lupe says nowadays, you need more protection than me. So I will take care of you.. MA says I am in your hands anyway. But no one will catch me, says something about everyone pinching his cheeks… and she says he has learned quite a bit at the market…

Nepo still having a big drama moment about getting an injection (RIGHT ON HIS DERRIERRE!!).
DA had to hold him for Gwendy to inject him. Nepo is surprised it is over, did not feel a thing, tells Gwendy she has saintly hands. Gwendy won’t let DA drive her home so he goes to call a taxi for her. Gwendy tells Nepo we have to talk about what happened between us. Nepo not quite looking forward to this conversation.

MA and Lupe have dressed up. She gets up to kiss him. Lupe asks MA what will happen when AS finds out about their relationship. MA is not worried about AS but he is paranoid about the reaction from
el Hijo de Sumatra' He will surely kill MA! Lupe assures him Chuy will understand once they explain it to him. MA says the one who will never understand is Nepo (got that one right, MA, even if you explained it in a dozen languages, including Sign). They have to find a way to tell him. MA does not want to talk about others anymore, MA says this is our night. We are the only ones that exist, you and me. (they kiss, his cell rings, Lupe urges him to answer it.. MA tells her it is Mini. Lupe says answer it!)
MA answers the call, Mini apologizes for the things she said to him, she would be incapable of doing anything to harm him. MA questions 'really?? You have not accused me?' Mini assures him she would never do anything to harm him. Mini tells him also that A-hole has threatened her, and MA is the only one that can help her. MA is reluctant to offer any help. Mini says my mom and I are alone. Lets meet and I will explain! Please!! MA says will call her tomorrow and they will talk about arranging another meeting. MA hangs up.
Lupe asks if he will meet Mini again. MA says if you don’t want me to, I won’t.

Mini and Isela are bragging that Mini has the ‘goods’ to attract MA. Isela says maybe we will end up millionaires with what we get out of A-hole and what we can get from MA… Isela says we have to attack from both sides… Mini says 'you change strategies like you change your bras'… Isela is confused with that comment (DUH!!!). Ends up again mentioning Mini’s dad, who taught Isela how to play the 'attack from multiple sides move'… Mini assures Isela no other woman will be an obstacle for her to get MA back.

Back to the steamy room, Lupe and MA talk about possibility of his return to the fonda if he trusts Mini’s word of not having accused him. MA still reluctant to put them in danger. But he would never leave Lupe behind.  Would she?
Lupe says she will never forget what happened here, in the most beautiful night of my life. (they keep kissing)

Previews:

MA tells someone on phone that he and Guadalupe are a couple. MA tells Lupe he wants to tell the whole world that he and Lupe are together.

Vilma tells A-hole there is a chance for him to have a male son. (we see Lupe walking in somewhere)

VO: The past has come back!

Labels:


Comments:
Marta:

Thanks so much for this most fabulous recap!

Ah, the kisses they were wonderful weren't they? MA and Lupe make such a beautiful couple. I quite enjoy seeing them together. I like how MA has changed, who would have thought? I hope he stays that way.

Nepo and Guendy are so very funny! I like them together too. If he would just give up on Lupe and get with Guendy! I had to laugh when she gave him that shot! Was it in the butt? Too funny. They do need to talk about what happened that night. I think there are hidden feelings there, for sure.

I missed the part where Chuy and Tizoc put out the fire, but I'm glad they did. I can't believe Chilly just walked out like that! I also hope that Don Chuy doesn't go off on poor Carmelita without an explanation. Frida and Mati will so back her up.

So Mini is still going to pursue poor MA. I hope she comes up with something more against Ahole. He so deserves it.

Vilma, poor, poor, Vilma. She just takes so much abuse from Ahole. I'm really hoping at some point she stands up to him. He doesn't realize the gem he has there, she'd fight the devil to save his butt. I hope by the end of this TN that she is the one to provide the evidence against Ahole, it would be poetic justice.

Thanks again Marta for this fab recap!
 

Great, funny recap!
Tonight was so sweet, not just for MA and Lupita, but the Nepo and Güendy scenes! She was so sweet to him and it was frankly adorable.
The MA and Lupita scenes were everything I could have hoped for. They actually talked! They addressed what some of us have been saying! Things are clear! Lupita even wants him to talk to Minerva because she knows MA only has eyes for her. Love how they're a team!

 

Marta, what a great recap, thank you!

Wow, as luck would have it don Chuy got to save his own house from the fire. Someone needed to tell the Ruiz-Palacios to literally not feed the flames by blowing on them or fanning them. LOL.

The most bizarre scene was AS actually preparing to make her stew drunkenly chopping those potatoes. I was wondering if she was going to chop herself in the process.

Guendy was so funny determined to help Nepo out whether he wanted her care and injection or not.

I liked Lupita sharing her Chalma notebook started by her mom with MA.

Madelaine, I agree about poor Vilma with her talking and kissing her photo of Alejo because it also seems that she does realize that he is using her no matter how she gets caught up in her own wishful thinking

The MA and Lupita interlude was perfect with MA finally being able to explain himself, their admission of being in love with each other, the picnic on the floor, the fireplace, etc., etc., etc., It was good seeing MA without a tie.

Too bad the Chalma visit could not have lasted longer.

Jarifa
 

So are Tizoc and Chuy going back to Chalma? who is left there? Perla, Lupita, MA and Emiliano? is that it? jhow will they get back if CHuy does not return to get them? Maybe he will send JT.
 

Jarifa, is there a name in english for those cards of the images of the virgin and Jesus?
I know the little ones they put around their necks are scapulars (escapularios) but not sure if there is a name for the business card size ones Lupita's mom was collecting and pasting into that notebook.
 

Marta, we have always just called them holy cards.

Jarifa
 

thanks. was just wondering if there was a name for them.
 

Thank you so much, Marta. This sounds like it was a great episode.
 

Excellent, Marta! I loved the title.

I only saw the last 10 minutes last night, but I'm looking forward to watching my recording and seeing MA and Lupita get romantic. They certainly looked very comfortable with each other by the end of the episode. I really hope they used some form of birth control, or we'll have another PESE situation.
 

the English captions implied that they were NOT "sleeping together". Obviously, they were lying together in bed without clothes. So, no need for birth control (yet).
 

Are you serious, GoBlueFan? They got naked but didn't have sex? Que?!
 

well... good question. it was implied since they were kissing (supposedly kneeling on the bed) and then they slowly moved down as if they were going to lie together. I would certainly be SERIOUSLY surprised and a bit dissappointed if they did not do the deed, especially with their facial expressions and intimate scene 'afterwards'... but you never know with Televisa.
 

i updated the recap with the MA/Lupe conversations to avoid confusion of who said what.
 

I got the impression that they went for it and were "basking in the afterglow" as they used to say in the old movies.

Jarifa
 

Thanks Marta, I really appreciated the detailed conversation between MA and Lupita.
I don't understand why they are still using Usted instead of Tu. I would think that after that night they would have evolved to a more familiar tone with each other.

Ugh, off to work.
 

In LFMB Letty and Fernando used Ud. Up until the day they got married (I think).
 

GoBlueFan:

About those captions, they aren't necessarily correct. Just as Uni/Televisa censors what we see, they also censor what is read. So Lupe and MA DID do the deed, same as Guendy and Nepo did earlier. I have read from other commenters and recappers that those captions are not always correct, even the ones in Spanish : )
 

Thanks so much for your recap Marta.

GoBlueFan, ITA w/the others that MA and Lupe did the deed and were basking in the afterglow. Uni is funny b/c Lupe did say it was a beautiful night for her and I can't imagine that being just because the cuddle naked.

 

Thanks, Marta. Wowie-wow-wow, you got the first love scene!!

Oh... first love scene. Does this mean they're going to have to break up over a dumb misunderstanding soon?

Nice to know that ONE RP family member can light a match without destroying something... though I imagine things might get very tense when they get home and find out that they need to buy a new oven, thanks to the Menchacas (not to mention CK's friends pretty much wiped out the food supply and didn't pay).

I'm having an intense day and have not had a chance to read most of this yet, but as for the question about the English captions - which are often censored, mis-censored (long story, amusing translation of "babosades"), and/or mangled, yes - maybe what they meant was "we won't be sleeping together regularly." Or "We can't sleep together here overnight because Lupita has to go back to the room with the kiddies."

Anyway, intense day, so unfortunately I can't promise a recap tonight or maybe even in the morning tomorrow, but of course I will at least put up a discussion header tonight. And who knows - maybe I can motivate myself tonight with a bribe of ice cream.
 

OOPS. Not "thanks to the Menchacas," but "thanks to the RPs." Of course. Argh!
 

Thanks Marta, very well done. I think that you captured things nicely.

Afterward, MA did say:

"I'd love to spend this night sleeping beside you."

She did reply:

"That makes two of us but we can't."

I think she simply meant that they couldn't spend the entire night sleeping together... I'm fairly certain that they had made love before but that she had other responsibilities to tend to.

They were after all in bed together naked. (In LQLVMR
Alejandro and María apparently actually slept together similarly dressed without boinking.) Of course there were no candles, rose petals, Champagne, or chocolate covered strawberries so perhaps they didn't. I love the way they kissed, by the way.

Güendy just gets prettier and sexier with every episode... WAKE UP! Nepo.

Got my dose of Minnie so I'm good.

Carlos
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder