Monday, May 12, 2014

Lo Que la Vida Me Robó Lunes 5/12/14 #129


Chapter 129: Touch of Evil

Mendoza Mansion: Gracie Mendoza sat on the couch, ruminating about the consequences of Josefina Valverde's return to Aguazul. She had never liked her and had never been honest about her reasons for this hatred, even with herself. Now she was wondering what revenge Josefina was planning by defying her demand to clam up about Alejandro Almonte being alive. She didn't have a lot of time to think about this because Fabiola Guillen and Sandro Narvaez arrived and barged in.

Outdoor Café: Amelia explained to José Luis that she had married Pedro Medina under some very special conditions, which was to say that the marriage was for the convenience of appearances.


He accepted my conditions and we're cordial to each other. It's all about maintaining appearances. We sleep in separate rooms and he has never – thank God – tried to have relations with me. I could never have tolerated that. I'm cordial with him, affectionate, above all understanding.”

He's never tried to hit you?”

No. I've never given him a reason. I'm very careful how I deal with Pedro. In front of others we're the perfect couple and when we're not together and I'm with others I accord him the same show of respect and loyalty. Nobody suspects anything.”

As far as he knows everything is alright?”

Yes, although it has cost me a lot, including a huge fight with Carlota and Monserrat. All those years I appear to have the same opinion about Alejandro. That he was a thief and an impostor, murderer of Benjamin Almonte...” She had a brief expression of disgust before she continued. “José Luis, you are the only person who knows what I really feel.”

I know, I know. Be calm; this will stay between you and me.” He took a sip of a cold beer that must have been a huge relief on such a hot day. “ Amelia, when you called me you said you had to tell me about something very serious.

Pedro went to Argentina and he brought a little girl back with him. This girl is the daughter of Nadia Argüelles and her lover.”

No, no, Amelia; that's impossible. Nadia died in the plane crash.”

No, José Luis. She didn't die. She survived the accident. Do you understand what I'm saying? If Nadia survived this could also mean that Alejandro is also alive. Don't you get that?”

He got it, alright. The look on his face was his answer.

Bakery Café: Business was a little slow that afternoon and Monserrat Mendoza sat with her employees who were trying to understand what had happened in the past seven years. José Luis did seven years for Alejandro Almonte to be a free man; free to live a happy life with his beautiful young wife and their son. She explained that she would never love anyone as she had loved her husband. They did say that she should not waste her youth on mourning forever and she should go on with life. She told them that she would. They were her employees as they had been before on the ranch, but they were very protective of her. Macario was very clear in saying he intended to speak man to man with José Luis to make sure his intentions were honorable. Dominga asked about the wedding date and how Laurito was taking the news. Monserrat told her he was okay with it, even eager. Before she could go into details Josefina Valverde arrived. It was the first time Monserrat had seen her in seven years.

Outdoor Café: José Luis removed his sunglasses as Amelia continued.

I told you this because it may affect your plans.”

Amelia, it's not going to change anything.”

Aren't you going to tell Monserrat?”

Tell her? Tell her what?”

That there is hope that Alejandro isn't dead!”

No, please. Amelia, please.” He was obviously uncomfortable even with that thought. “That would be horrible for Monserrat. If that were true, where the hell has Alejandro been all these years?”

In Argentina! Just like Nadia Argüelles!”

No, Amelia. You're mistaken. If Alejandro were alive he'd have found a way to communicate with Monserrat.”

I'm sure there is a very strong reason why he hasn't.”

Yes there is. It's that he's dead. That's the reason. He is dead.”

Amelia would not let go.

No, no; we can't be sure of that.”

José Luis put down his beer bottle firmly. “Alive or dead, it doesn't matter. I am going to marry Monserrat in any case.”

José Luis,” Amelia began. She was getting anxious. “Nadia will arrive in Aguazul very soon to look for her daughter. And when she gets here and finds Monserrat what do you think will happen?” She stared at him although he was giving a thousand yard stare away from her. “She will think exactly the same as I do. That Alejandro could be alive and not dead! José Luis, please,...”

José Luis took a deep breath. He didn't want to go down that dark street.

Amelia, do me a favor. Take good care of that little girl as though you were her mother. We have to protect her. Don't worry about me or about Monserrat. Thanks for telling me all this.” He put his sunglasses back on and took out some money to tip the barkeep.

Did you and Monserrat set a wedding date?”

It was going to be in a month but I'm going to convince her to move it up.” He rose to leave, and kissed his former mother-in-law.

José Luis, take care of yourself. And think about it.”

There's nothing to think about,” he said as he left. Amelia stared after him. She was thinking that he was about to get himself into a worse jam than ever.

Bakery Café: Monserrat had been telling Josefina about recovering the money the Navy had taken from José Luis with which she bought her home and her business with which she was able to succeed alone, with no one's help or interference. Both she and her brother were able to do this. Although it wasn't her nature she was more than a little annoyed at Josefina abandoning Dimitrio. Josefina tried to explain that it wasn't easy for her to do it they way she did, but she had to so nobody would have a chance to stop her. She had to find herself, the self nobody would let her be. She wanted to renew her friendship with Monserrat. Monserrat who had once stood up for her at the wedding and tried to encourage her. Even protect her from the worst of her brother's sins.

However, they had both changed. Monserrat couldn't quite understand why Josefina had broken her brother's heart. “You made him marry you on the assumption that you could make him love you. That you could win his heart. You succeeded. So I don't understand why after making him love you you found it so easy to throw him out of your life.”

It wasn't easy. But now Dimitrio is doing well. He has a girlfriend – I see he's very well.“

All this time he went on with his life just as I did.”

And now you're about to marry José Luis Alvarez – “

Yes. But the difference is that I'm a widow. My husband is dead. But you? You abandoned my brother.”

I had to go. I had to do it for myself before it was too late. I needed to be happy. I'm very sorry. It wasn't Dimitrio's love I needed and it wasn't that I didn't love him. It was my own.”

And so you're alright? You're OK with yourself?”

Josefina hesitated for a New York second. “Yes.”

Then, woman to woman, I'm happy for you.” Her facial expression was at odds with her statement.

Thanks.”

And my brother would agree. I don't know why you came back to Aguazul, but don't stir up the ashes of the past.” She got up, took her purse, and left the table. Josefina stared into nothingness, knowing she was not going to get a break delivering the message she intended.

Hospital Corridor in Buenos Aires: Alejandro ran along side the hospital gurney, his hand hard against Victor's stab wound to stanch the blood flow. He ordered him to think of Nadia and Victoria and did so until the doctors sent him to the waiting room.

Mendoza Mansion: Gracie reluctantly entertained her unwelcome guests, although Fabiola probably helped herself to the red wine while she watched Sandro flatter Gracie.

When I decided to return to Aguazul I never believed I'd find you more beautiful than ever.”

Don't be ridiculous, Sandro. We're not here for you to make a pass. I want it to be perfectly clear this woman isn't going to interfere with us.” She half-drained her glass.

Gracie faced off against Fabiola, she of the perpetual wine glass and flyaway hair, with her usual determination. She was a predator of the first order who seemed to have eyes in the back of her head. There wasn't a way in hell she didn't see this coming.

So we're back to the beginning, you piece of filth,” she said with her usual sly grin. “And don't tell me I'm mistaken. What kind of 'lawyer' has anything to do with such immoral women?”

Are you jealous, Madame?”

Now it is I who tells you not to be ridiculous,” Gracie continued, clearly having the advantage of sobriety.

Sandro tried to stop this confrontation on a dime, “I assure you you're mistaken, Grace. My relationship with Fabiola is strictly professional.”

Fabiola wasn't going to let this one go by.

No, no, no, no, no. I'm not going to let you lie.” She grinned back at Gracie. “You're completely right. Sandro and I have been lovers for many years.”

Why don't you shut up, Fabiola?”

What are you worried about? If you haven't conquered this woman years ago I doubt you can do so right now.” She grinned slightly. “In all ways I recommend him, Madame. Sandro is excellent in bed.”

Sandro had reached his own limit as he rose from the couch and took Fabiola's wine glass. “I think you've had too much to drink, Fabiola.”

How pathetic you are,” Gracie said to her. “And your deception is so mediocre, Sandro. Take this piece of filth out of my house immediately.”

I only came here to say that you'd better not threaten me,” said Fabiola. “I have to only talk to Pedro Medina and he'll put you in your place.”

Nobody talks to me like that, slut. In this matter Pedro is on my side. Know perfectly well that I don't have to cave to you two, you stupid fool.”

We don't have to fight when we can come to an agreement that benefits all of us,” said Sandro, who wasn't liking this situation one bit.

No, no, no,” said Fabiola, taking her purse and getting up. “I'm not interested in making any agreement with this woman. I am never going to share my inheritance with her. I'll wait for you outside.”

She went out the front door, which might have been her most stupid move of the day because she didn't hear her companion's sigh of relief as he sat down again.

Excuse her, please. Let me find a resolution for this situation.”

It's too late for that, Sandro. You know very well that I could take absolutely all of it away from you. All I have to do is prove that my grandson is an Almonte. Now.”

Sandro grinned. “What would that get you? Nothing. The fortune would go into Monserrat's hands, not yours. I'm sure you wouldn't want to live on your daughter's crumbs.” [migajas] He studied her carefully. “Let's talk. I'm sure we can figure this out.”

Very well. Take that piece of filth away from my house and come back later.”

Thanks.” He rose and went outside to find Fabiola a few yards away from the door. He grabbed her arm. “What the hell do you think you're doing, Fabiola?”

Don't touch me!” she shouted.

Your damned attitude could ruin all our plans.”

Ever since you've arrived in Aguazul you haven't been out of bed. Now you come here and you're still interested in this woman!”

The first time we talked about my doing business with this woman you agreed to accept all my conditions. You're putting us at risk of losing everything.”

She wasn't having it and they argued all the way back to the car.

Solares Apartment: Esmeralda was telling Zulema of her marital problems and how Refugio wasn't having any. Zulema told her it was time to spice things up, but Esmeralda wasn't too sure at first, but was willing to try almost anything by this time.

José Luis' Apartment: He sat in his living room, thinking of his conversation with Amelia. He heard her voice in his mind shouting that Alejandro had to be alive. He wasn't willing to believe it and his thoughts dissolved at the sound of the doorbell. He got up and when he opened the door Macario entered, not waiting to be invited in. He was carrying a bottle of first-rate tequila, most men's price of admission to each other's pads.

I understand you're going to marry Monserrat in a month and I came here to talk to you. Man to man.”

Yes, Macario, I'm going to marry Monserrat. But not in a month. We're going to be married in a week.”

Macario was not expecting this and it showed in his face. He would never hold up under hot interrogation lights.

But the boss told me otherwise.”

Look, Macario, we never got along well because you're an employee of Alejandro's.”

Wait a minute. I'm not just any employee. Alejandro was my friend. My brother. But if we're going to talk man to man, yes; I am not pleased with you. For all the lies you told and the things you did. An honest man doesn't do those things. Passing for a foreman so you could take away the mistress of the house? How is that doing any good?”

Wait a minute,” José Luis said. “If we're going to talk man to man as you ask, you'll have to hear my side of things, too, don't you think?”

Very well. State your piece.”

OK. Sit down.” He took the bottle and got two shot glasses out of the sideboard. “You're right, Macario. Impersonating a foreman wasn't a great thing to do. But thanks to that I was able to save your boss's life more than once. Hey, if I weren't an honest man I could have let them kill him. That would have solved a lot of problems. Besides, I was desperate,Macario. I needed to get my life back. The evil was bought with money.” He poured a shot for Macario and handed it to him then poured one for himself. “I'm not a bad person. When I heard that Monserrat had stopped loving me I left the ranch. She ended up loving Alejandro so what could I do? Left so they could be together. I later helped him get out of jail. How did that convenience me?”

Yes, but – “

But, nothing, Macario. Here the only important thing is to make Monserrat happy. I want to give her security, protection. And not just her; Laurito as well. Many years have passed; it's time to begin again, isn't it? It's time to go on with living.”

Macario couldn't find anything to argue with and was a little embarrassed. He finally said that he hoped to know him better and be his friend. That pleased José Luis, who proposed a toast to it. They drank and poured another. Possibly the rest of the bottle, too.

Naval Base: Monica was telling Refugio that Dimitrio was upset at his attitude. He told her that he was OK with the relationship between his friend and her. Unfortunately, when he told her that he thought her a fine woman he did not see Esmeralda entering the room. She never heard Dimitrio's name and therefore left the room insulted and angry. Nor did she hear Monica praise her. Dimitrio arrived to accompany Monica to lunch,

Buenos Aires, Hernandez Apartment: Alejandro arrived to find the apartment in disarray. He checked the bedrooms and realized that Nadia was gone.

Sometime the next day

Medina Mansion: Amelia looked at little Victoria in her new red dress and called her a little princess. Victoria sadly replied that this was what her father called her and she missed him. Amelia tried to get her to cheer up, but the little girl probably sensed her own sadness. When Amelia brushed Victoria's hair she remembered how her own princess, Angelica, would always run away when she tried to brush hers. She almost began to cry and had to explain to the child in a roundabout way that Angelica was her daughter and she was now in Heaven but that she would find her again someday. She then talked about Virginia, the daughter who wasn't yet married but she hoped she would soon. Victoria began to worry that she would never see her own mother again.

That was the moment Pedro Medina entered the room.

More histrionics, Victoria?” His tone couldn't have been more brusque.

She's a child. Have a little patience. You miss your mother, don't you?,” Amelia said, protectively hugging the child.

I miss my daddy, too,” said Victoria.

The only father you have is me!” Pedro shouted at the girl.


Pedro, please don't shout,” Amelia said, moving the child to her far side. “This is no way to get a child's affection.”

Amelia was no fool. She knew there was no way this would happen. She also knew not to show her own fear.

Mendoza Mansion: Sandro Narvaez had returned on his personal mission. He sat with Gracie and they played a verbal chess game over coffee.

Believe me, Grace, I didn't approve of her trying to play these games, but it pleases her and I couldn't stop her.”

Tell me the truth. Doesn't it bother you to be working for such a... woman? She's pathetic; she's a pain.”

She's a client, nothing more. I don't approve of her behavior.”

Tell me, do you boink her for your own amusement or do you feel anything for her?”

He put his cup on the table. “I'd prefer not to talk about that.”

Ah!” Gracie knew she had him somehow. “Please, Sandro, satisfy my curiosity.”

Very well, but first you tell me the same. Why you did the deed with Benjamin Almonte. Was it for your amusement or for money?”

She raised her hand as if to scold. “Both, but I never loved him. How do you feel about Fabiola?”

Fact is I felt sorry for her. She's never had any genuine love in her life.”

Unless I remember it wrong, you once said you had no scruples.”

No, I said that you and I had no scruples. And for this reason you have me completely captivated.”

Sandro, you and I could end up killing ourselves but we could always be in agreement.”

Any association with a woman like you can't be signed on the dotted line.”

No?”

No. It must be sealed with a kiss.” He moved a little closer.

That's a little cynical, don't you think?” She laughed as though she thought she was Lauren Becall in an old movie.

If you ask, I'll do what it takes.”

I want to destroy Fabiola Guillen. I want to see her in absolute misery. Groveling and humiliated.”

And how do you expect to do that?”

Whatever it takes. Help me get Benjamin Almonte's legacy because it belongs to me, and I'm prepared to be very generous with you.” She touched his handsome face with a beringed claw.

Very well. But remember that this alliance must be sealed with a kiss.” He moved in even closer. She laughed briefly and allowed him to.



Argüelles Residence: Maria paced the floor with the unease and agitation of an addict needing a fix. Adolfo entered with sandwiches on plates, genuinely imploring her to eat. He promised to help her, give her money, buy her anything she asked for, but she was not interested. Finally she turned around and faced him.

Adolfo, I feel bad. Horrible. I don't want anything. I want to die.”

Maria, you have to stop this nonsense. Please let me help you. Open your mouth, calm down. Eat something.” He held out the sandwich, but she pushed his hand away. After he dropped the food she seized his hands and stared into his face.

Just give me a little. You don't understand. I'm dying. Just a little something, please...”

Adolfo pulled away. “No! Maria, I won't give you anything. I only sell it; I don't use it. So I have nothing here. It's very dangerous to posses that stuff so I don't.”

Just a little, please, just a little.” She knelt before him in desperation and continued to beg. He held her head in his hands, feeling helpless once again. But not for the same reasons.

Solares Apartment: Esmeralda sat alone at her dining table, thinking about what she had seen and heard earlier at the naval base. Refugio came home and kissed her, asking why she hadn't waited dinner on him. She cut loose with all her frustration, telling him to make himself a sandwich if he was hungry. He was tired of her complaints. She was tired of feeling like a burden or something getting in his way. She was tired of being fat. She was tired of being bored alone at home. She was regretting having given up her single life for him. She was sure he didn't care how she felt. She began blaming herself because she fell for his deceptions in the past. She finished by telling him to eat out or cook his own dinner from now on because she wasn't going to do anything for someone who didn't appreciate her. Stunned by his wife's anger, depression, and truth, Refugio said nothing and left the apartment. Esmeralda shouted after him, but when the door closed she cried.

Argüelles Residence: Adolfo and Maria sat on the couch. He tried once again to get her to eat. She backed away from the food as though it were poison. The phone rang and he answered, but needed to take the call in another room. She took that as a cue to split right out the door. Adolfo came back into the room holding what looked like a ledger, but quickly hung up when he realized that Maria had bolted.

Buenos Aires, Hospital Room: Victor Hernandez lay in his bed, attached to an IV bag and an oxygen unit. He was in pain, but it was obvious he was going to live. Alejandro came in and he asked him about Nadia. Alejandro had to explain what he found. Clothes were missing, and also Victoria's favorite doll. Both knew that Pedro Medina was somehow responsible for this. Victor became agitated, removing the oxygen tube from his nostrils and trying to get up from the bed. Alejandro stopped him, knowing that it was too soon for him to try this. The concert fee had been stolen when Victor was stabbed. They didn't have the false passports, either. Victor was desperate and Alejandro tried to calm him down.

Alvarez Apartment: José Luis opened the door to Gracie, fresh from her assignation with Sandro.

I imagine you're here for your first check.”

Yes. Is it ready?”

Yes. I prepared it a few days ago.”

Good.”

He handed it to her. “Here it is, take it.” She stared at it a moment in satisfaction.

Thanks. Don't give up. Everything will go perfectly from this moment on. You will have my girl with my help.” She stepped toward the door. “And you and Monserrat have come to an agreement about the wedding date?”

Yes; we agreed on a month from now.”

That sounds good.” She put the check into her bag, but noticed his expression. “What's wrong, José Luis? You look pre-occupied, maybe a little worried.”

No, no. I just would like the wedding moved up a bit. A month is a little long.”

And what's the hurry?” She sat down again. “If you think Monserrat will change her mind, that won't happen.”

I guess I don't want to take any chances.”

What chances?”

If I lose you get nothing.”

She moved into his space, staring him down. “The only chance you have of losing my little princess is if Alejandro came back from the dead. And that's impossible, isn't it?” She could see his thoughts on his face. “Yes, you know. Or you suspect.”

I don't know what you're talking about.”

Yes, you know. You can't fool me, José Luis. Believe me, when I say something will happen, I know everything.”

Nadia Arguelles, right?”

She nodded. “She is alive.”
How long have you known?”

Day before yesterday.”

And you waited until this morning?”

Who told you?”

Who told you?”

She became irritated at being challenged and poked his head. “You lack Jesus.”

He returned the insult as many others before him should have.

Excuse yourself.”

You do the same.”

That is the least of it. What do you know about Alejandro?”

He's not dead?”

No, he didn't die, but we can't say he's alive.”

What are you saying?”

Alejandro has spent all these years in a coma. Prostrate in a hospital bed.”




Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for another outstanding recap.

Josefina was a gutless wonder for choosing not to tell Montse about Ale no matter what Montse had to say about how she had mistreated Dimitrio. Wasn't that why she made the trip?????

Graciela met her head thumping equal in Jose Luis! It didn't look like she liked it but he did it again,after she did it again! Too funny!

Jarifa

 

Urban:

Thanks so very much for your marvelous Part I. NovelaMaven thanks so much for your always Marvelous recap on Friday. Mr. Mads is recovering quite nicely.

I can't believe Fina didn't say anything to Monse either. I think she is scared of Peddy still and doesn't want to say anything. Little does Fina know that Peddy has already found Nadia and took little Vicky.

I am glad that Amelia had that chat with JL. He won't listen though and is rushing into this marriage. I can see why JL is in denial, he knows what will happen when Ale is found to be alive. Right now, according to the law, Monse and Ale's marriage doesn't exist because it has been "proven" that Ale is not an Almonte. But, if the truth ever comes out that Ale is an Almonte, then the marriage would be valid. I hope JL thinks of this. Then his marriage to Monse won't be valid. What a tangled web!

Can't wait for your part II Urban.
 

Urban, thank you for another well written recap, the reading of which is smooth and seamless. You make writing these recaps seem easy, which I know it is not! I particularly liked your Gracie/Sandho/Fab conversation.
"“Now it is I who tells you not to be ridiculous,” Gracie continued, clearly having the advantage of sobriety."
Body Heat-perfect theme song.

I feel having JL want to ignore the truth and rush into the marriage is one of those writing inconsistencies the TNs have sometimes. The real JL went to prison for SIX YEARS just so Monse and Ale could live in peace. So at this point he turns selfish?

I just can't see Fina and Dim together-it's like oil and water. I like the Fina character a lot, but think Monica is more suited to him.
 

Thank you UA. I didn't catch this episode last night. Heavy rains, storms, tornado warnings: spent more time watching radar last night. As always, I can picture the events right in my head with all your wonderful detail.

I hate when writers start to make favorite characters start acting stupid for the sake of plot point, or to push things out. There is no way Fina would have made this trip to say absolutely nothing to anyone. She's supposed to be self-assured now. WTH? Show it. Just can't....

So JL won't be able to look in Amelia's face as you know what hits the fan. I'm sure she won't do the "I told you so" dance, but he'll know. And frankly, he should also realize the position she has put herself in, not only with her marriage but the knowledge of who Victoria is. Bit disappointing he just sort of seemed to say thanks for the info, take care of the girl, see you later...

And honestly, is he that delusional that he thinks a piece of paper could possibly make the big difference if Ale were proven alive? And what would Monse reaction if she found out he knew? I mean, think man!!! Oh wait, this is Mr. Impetuous. Act first, think later.

Daisynjay


 

Enthralling UA. Your conversation translations are so greatly appreciated! Masterful and simply stunning.

"He was carrying a bottle of first-rate tequila, most men's price of admission to each other's pads" was one of my favorite lines.

Amelia is in great danger! My heart goes out to her. In her quest for the truth, she has lost her friends and seems utterly alone but is to be commended for her strength. What a jouney this character has had.

Esme is breaking my heart.

I found this episode extremely disheartening. I loathe what the story is doing to two of my favorite characters - Fina and JL. Fina for her appaling lack of strength and courage (which I mistakenly thought she would find on her self awareness journey). And JL for his denial of what he knows in his heart is the truth. And to the writers, jeers for bringing these characters to where they are now. I see you agree with me Daisy.

Cheers to Graciela for her imperious, taunting besting of Fabiola. The one highlight after of course, the JL thumping of Graciela. That was great wasn't it Jarifa?

UA, looking foward to the second half.

Thinking of you and your husband Madelaine. Hope he continues to recover quickly.

Diana
 

I laughed when Gracie completely humiliated Fab and Sandho.And the JL vs Gracie was too funny!! I guess i could do my Amor En Infierno project,been thinking about it hard,its about the past villians being in hell( Fulgencio,Alvaro Montellano,Pedro Medina and possibly some other stars) struggling to break free from Hell.Also Juventino would be the main villian.Sonia from Por Siempre would be the manager of a hotel where all would be residing.

It came on as a funny project,but i think i could begin writing after Robo ends to get a clear fate of Pedro and the other villians
 

Juventino would be the main villian ,on Earth because he somehow awakens from a tomb ,10 years after the events of Por Siempre,Robo,and Duelo En Pasiones
 

Dear Urban Anthropologist, Thanks so much for this wonderful recap! I always look forward to your entertaining storytelling. Like everyone, I loved seeing J-L give Gracie a good forehead thumping and a te falta Jesus payback! Thanks again UA!
 

Beautifully written, as usual, Urban. So sorry for your computer woes. I do look forward to part two.

Jarifa, yes, "Graciela met her head thumping equal in Jose Luis!" That was a laugh out loud moment for The Patio. I'm impressed that the actors were able to keep a straight face.

Poor Fina. Yes, she disappointed us. But let's remember that:

(1) she thought Montse was dead and she had no contingency plan to deal with a live Montse;

(2) her charge was to SAY NOTHING but simply persuade Rosario and Laurito to go to BA with her for a little holiday.

Once Graciela answered Fina's cell and heard Nadia's voice, Fina's secret was blown. Clearly, our girl isn't good at thinking on her feet.

I was reminded of Refugio in the early days of the story. JL sent him to the Mendoza house with a message for Montse. Refugio had precise instructions about what to say when the servant answered the door. But when Montserrat herself answered the door, Refugio was completely discombobulated and ran away without delivering any message at all.
 

It's complete now, with a few screen shots. The Body Heat theme was because of JL's sunglasses and the Miami feel of the scene with him and Amelia.

Totally agree, NovelaMaven.

I suspect that Josefina still needs practice against professional puppetmasters like Graciela. Also Monserrat's rejection probably shocked the hell out of her. It certainly shocked me because I was expecting her to be a bit more understanding of Josefina's long history of being abused by her parents and brother. I guess Dimitrio has been a model brother these past years.

I started wondering during this episode why Monserrat didn't think to have a DNA test done to prove that Laurito is the nieto of Benjamin. She certainly had to realize that Pedro tampered with previous results, so may have thought this idea useless.

Which leaves the question of how Sandro expects to get Gracie's claim recognized. But he probably doesn't and is just stringing her along. That conversation on the couchmade me wonder if they will end up killing each other.
 

great recap, UA! I had a class last night so i only caught the final minute or so and JL's face at Gracie's revelation of the coma.
my fav..
carrying a bottle of first-rate tequila, most men's price of admission to each other's pads.

 

Since Josefina can't contact the gang back in BA (because she managed to allow her phone to be stolen)finding Montse alive should have been the deal breaker for going with the original plan. Montse is Alejandro's wife. She also knows JL is back in the picture. ITA Josefina is not good thinking on her feet. I feel like she is the leader of the lemming march into the sea.

Jarifa
 

The writers have created stresses if not actual ruptures in the relationships between JL and Amelia and between Josefina and Monse. All four were supposed to be part of the forces of good. But now there is confusion and conflict among the good guys which can only make the dark side stronger. Monse is clueless about so much at this point. And JL is just torn between his drive for happiness and his sense of justice. Rough times ahead.
 

Urban,

Terrific and time consuming on your part as always. Many thanks for your diligence and devotion to the recap readers.

".....she of the perpetual wine glass and flyaway hair.." Love this.

I found it odd that JL did not meet with Amelia to advise her that he would be marrying Montserrat.

So far, Amelia's wasted 7 years living with this lout, estranged from her daughter in Europe, and she hasn't come up with one incriminating fact against him...
seems like a big waste of time to me. She'll either get a bit payoff
soon or be killed.

Enjoy all comments.

 

I suspect that Pedro plans to kill Amelia. It would also not surprise me if he were to threaten to kill Victoria if Nadia doesn't do what he wants of her.

One thing we can probably bet on is that the revelation of Alejandro being alive will have the most dramatic expression possible.
 

The legal issue of Alejandro and Monserrat's wedding is the least problem of this situation. However, it is complicating:

-- Their marriage was rendered legally null by DNA results that were falsified, which rendered Alejandro's identity false.

-- The idea that the marriage can be legally void for that reason when contracted in front of so many witnesses is ludicrous.

-- A proper DNA result demonstrating that Laurito is the nieto of Benjamin would also prove that Alejandro was the son. That's what Monserrat should think of because she has proof that Laurito is the son of Alejandro.

-- Gracie is looking to get that money and share it with no one, including Monserrat and Dimitrio. I could easily see her taking the money and telling them to go to hell.
 

Thanks for another most excellent recap, UA. Great imagery and description... well done... I'm really liking your latest narrative voice.

As NovelaMaven points out, the situation that Fina is faced with is very different from the one she expected. Not only is Monse still alive but she is very intolerant and unforgiving. She must have forgotten that her brother initially engineered a phony wedding to Fina in order to bilk her of all her money and then after they were legally married attempted to rob her. I think that Fina will soon get her bearings (it's been at least 7 yrs. since she had to cope with the evil dwellers and nitwits of Agua Azul) and be an effective agent of good.

JL continues to disgust me. He now knows that Alejandro is alive so instead of investigating, he insists on advancing the wedding date. Interestingly, he has told Amelia, Macaro, and Graciela of this plan but I don't think he has consulted with Monserrat about this yet. This says all I need to know:

“Alive or dead, it doesn't matter. I am going to marry Monserrat in any case.”

What a guy.

I'm heartsick over what they've done to María. This is certainly not the same starry-eyed, fresh-faced, barefoot country girl we first met so long ago.

Carlos
 

The second half was splendid UA. Again, your including all of the conversations is of immeasurable assistance. Thank you for taking the time and effort!

Ahh JL, “If I lose you get nothing.” You have broken my heart. Please do the right thing before it is too late.

I still love Fina and suppose I am taking my frustrations on the situation out on her. In retrospect, I would not have been prepared for Monse's cold unforgiving speech either Carlos and NovelaMaven. Monse knew full well what Dimitrio had done to Fina and how he broke her heart! Being a better person now does not automatically erase the hurt from the past.

Diana
 

I'm guessing that the legitimate will that María has naming Alejandro as the beneficiary will be very important if Laurito is determined to be don Benny's grandchild.

Carlos
 

Fina was and still is emotionally stunted; she is not tuned in to what needs to be done. All that soul-searching went for naught, I’m afraid.

Graciela was at her coldest, most calculating best last night. She outfoxes and is always one step ahead of both JL and Sandhog. She and Pedro could make the perfect “power’ couple if they could stand each other.

Got to love her labels:

Fina = La Fenómena,

Fabiola = La Patética

Best acting of the night went to Esme; that scene with Refoolio was raw and real.
 

Yes, Esmeralda's scene was wonderful. MM has really worked it lately with these scenes.
 

UA...I enjoy both your writing styles, but I have to admit your "noir" style delights me the most. Those terse sentences...almost muscular..wow!...(and you know how I love muscles)

"He got it, alright. The look on his face was his answer."

Yes, this. Says it all. Briefly. But strong. Like that so much. Also the line Marta quoted about tequila being the entry point to man talk. So apt!

Haven't seen this yet and it may not be until tomorrow...but you kept me up to date on the story marvelously. Thank you.

 

Oh, and this phrase...

"...touched his handsome face with a beringed claw."

Mama mia, you packed a lot of venom into that one. (Graciela is your favorite, right? LOL)
 

It's all about Gracie no matter what.

Her own humble beginnings are so shameful to her that she can't stop trying to put everyone else down so she can see them as less than herself. She doesn't hesitate to do this to her own daughter or to the men who love Monserrat. People are of no value to her at all unless she's picking their pockets.

Wait until Sandro finds out she's frigid.
 

Thanks for your recap Urban. Enjoyed your prose!

Jarifa and Diana, the highlight of last night was JL head thumping Gracie back. That was hilarious; I'm sure there must be a blooper scene for that.

Mads glad to hear Mr. Mads is doing well.

Thanks EJ and NM for your recaps last week.
 

Thanks, UA. I must admit that I am a little numb at the moment and still trying to digest the finale of Siempre and purge the dynamic evilness of Favier. This, I am having trouble getting fully engaged on this novela while trying to get interested in two hour episodes of Te Quiero. Sometimes, Marcelo Cordoba's beauty and charm and world class kissing ability are the only things keeping me watching that one.

I continue to be amazed that 7 years have passed and still no mention of padre or his chickens. QUE ? How can these people not have noticed that one of their ships is missing. Perhaps EZ is cleverer than we knew , and he left a note in the good padre'a home informing folks that he was going on a long trip or decided to move or join a monastery where he could get some peace from the craziness of Bluewater. I wonder when we will see padre again. I am sure that he has been placed somewhere for safekeeping.

I cannot watch the scenes of Ped yelling at poor little Vicky. I am glad that Amelia is there to try to protect from the cracra Pedro. However, how long before Ped makes Amelia disappear now that he has found Nadia and wants her back under his control. Sicko.
 

Oh..I missed the returned head thump. Yay, JL. it is about time that someone gave Gracie a taste of her own rude , humiliating behavior, and JL is just the guy to do it. I am imagining a scene of the two "You are an idiot". ..."YOu are"..."No, you are," ..."I know you are, but what am I?,
 

Long time lurker here. I'm probably one of the few people that truly likes Jose Luis and prefers him over Alejandro(Not for Monsy) She isn't good enough for Jose Luis. I hate that the writers are doing this all over again and he will end up hurt. It makes me sick to my stomach. On another note I understand why he is being selfish. after all these years he is finally getting the love of his life in his grasp, and she is about to be ripped from his hands again.
 

UA, that was a beautiful recap, just beautiful! The problem with Josefina is that she is too kind and her nature is to trust people which is not a good thing when dealing with the likes of Graciela.
 

Nobody in this world -- short of Pedro -- deserves Graciela for a suegra. Josefina should eventually say the same sort of thing to her that she said last week to Fabiolush.
 

Urban - Terrific recap. So great to have your film noir recaps to look forward to every Tuesday.

I too loved Esme's scene. I don't know if it was the wisest move in her condition, but it was satisfying to see her start to reclaim herself and give Refugio the boot.

I haven't given up on JL doing the right thing. I don't see how he can be happy with Monse knowing that he's denying her, Laurito, and Rosario their right to Ale.

As for Fina, it's like the writers brought her back, put her story on cruise control and then they took off for vacation. So what, Monse is ticked at her for deserting Dim. Fina left four people back in Argentina in dire straits and she's ambling around Aguazul like a lady of leisure.

I’d be surprised if Graciela is frigid. I remember how turned on she was by Juventino in the confessional. I can imagine with Benjamin’s evilness and money and the spice of cheating on Lauro that Graciela had high times.
 

Welcome maggie. I hope you post again. I too dislike that the writers are making us have a do-over w/the Ale-Montse-JL triangle.
 

Nope I don't feel bad for Jose Luis one bit. Him saying dead or alive he is going to marry Montse just proves it's not about "love" more about obsession with her. He deserve whatever he gets once Alec shows up alive & Montse go back to him.


 

Welcome Maggie!

You are not alone - JL has always been my favorite and I am upset that he will get hurt all over again. I don't like what the writers have done to his character lately - I suspect it is to make us dislike him. It's not working in my case.

Karen, "do over" indeed!

Niecie, we are often on the same wavelength. I don't think JL will let things progress. Too far.

Diana
 

Diane thank you! I will try to comment more in the future. If the writers are trying to make us dislike Jose Luis its not working. He is more of a man then Alejandro and I find it despicable that Alejandro would allow Jose luis to take the fall for him.

GGFan23 lets be honest and say that both Alejandro and Jose Luis are obsessed with Montse however I truly believe that Jose Luis loves Monste alot more then Alejandro. If the shoe was on the other foot Alejandro could never accept Monste being with someone else. However Jose Luis was willing to sacrifice his life for Monste.
 

Thanks for the recap! I've been trying to learn spanish for over a year now and watching Telenovelas and reading recaps has helped a lot. I haven't gotten that far but I've come to a point where I can understand some of the commentary on the show. So thanks to all the recappers on caray caray.
 

GGFan23, I wouldn't be that harsh on JL, but I do think it very unfair of him to try to keep Monserrat from finding out that Alejandro is alive. However, as I've said before, I'm sure Alejandro will be back before anyone says anything else about him.

I don't think JL loves Monserrat more than Alejandro does and what he's doing now is very selfish. And dangerous when Monserrat finds out that this was withheld from her.
 

Urban, it is indeed selfish but I think given his circumstances he should get kind of a pass and some understanding for being a lil selfish. Lets look at this in a real life perspective. Alejandro has been nothing but selfish. He marries Monste(Under false pretenses)
Then finds out that she doesn't love him then what does he do? He pretty much kidnaps her and forces himself on her. Something like this wouldn't be condone under real life circumstances. Jose Luis gave up everything to be with Monste. What has Alejandro sacrificed? I mean sure he had the accident and has lost years away from Monste but it wasn't by his own accord. Not only that I'm 100 percent positive if the shoe was on the other foot, Alejandro would do the same and than some. Unfortunately Jose luis will end up the loser in all of this. I dont think he should be vilified for being selfish when Alejandro has been nothing but selfish. Everyone has a limit and this is his.
 

LOL vilified might have been to strong of a word. But i'm just saying I understand his selfishness regarding love. And it maybe unfair to Monste but Alejandro is suppose to be her one true love and he has been selfish. I mean holding her hostage stoping her from being with Jose luis?
 

Urban A,
Thank you for the awesome recap. It was like reading a best selling novel. So detailed and descriptive. If you aren't already, you should be published.

BEST SCENE OF THE NIGHT:
JL returning Gracie's finger punches. YES! FINALLY! If there is one thing I will always remember about JL (besides being sweaty all the time during the earlier epi's) it will be this finger punching, te falta Jesus, scene with Gracie.

JL is not seeing clearly. He should not trust Gracie. If he goes and convinces Montse to speed up the wedding date, he is just asking for trouble. Because the truth will come out eventually, and Montse will hate JL for keeping the truth from her. JL is being selfish, only thinking that Montse will leave HIM if she finds out that Ale is alive. What about Laurito and Rosario? He is denying them too. Maybe prison did change JL. Maybe we'll see a dark side, that up until now, only Rosario has seen a glimpse of.

I did think that Montse was a tiny bit rude to Fina, but I also understand that she is defending her brother. Of course there was no excuse for Fina not telling her about Ale, Nadia, Vic & Vicky. I like Fina, but she doesn't seem to have grown a backbone these past 7 years. She needs to remember why she went to Aguazul in the first place. Please tell Montse what you know before it's too late.

That was a tough scene to watch between Esme & Refu. But I am glad that Esme finally got that off her chest. She must have been holding that in for a long time. Now Refu needs to be honest with Esme and most importantly with himself.

BTW, I was happy to see Vic survive that stabbing and from the previews it looks like Ale and Vic will make it back to town just in time for the wedding.

Thanks again Urban A!

Back to work...hasta pronto!
 

JL has always been a little creepy when it comes to Montserrat. Remember when he wanted to force her to run away with him when she was at the hacienda? Or when he forced a kiss on her while Alejandro was in jail?

He does tend to sacrifice for her but his intensity and obsession has always been a bit off-putting to me. I don't think the way he is acting with the wedding is out of character at all.

Just because Alejandro is a jerk too that doesn't make JL better. I actually don't think any of the two deserve better than what she may give them.
 

I don't think Jose luis is better. After all he has his faults but I think he is more willing to sacrifice and he deserves a lil break. Its sad that it will all come falling down on him.
 

Urban-

I didn't get the chance to watch, but this recap hits the spot. Thanks!

I will never forgive Alejandro for the rape. He will always be more tainted than JL, with regard to Monse, in my eyes. Neither one of them is a prize (except in the eye candy department) to me.
 

Nope, not being harsh at all. IA with the Anon, JL has been obsessive with Montse in the past. Why should I feel bad for him when the truth comes out and it bites him the ass?
 

Ale just held Monse prisoner long enough until she fell out of love with JL and in love with him. Maybe JL figures he should give that strategy a shot before Ale shows up?
 

Thanks UA, great recap as always. I'm with you Maggie, JL has given a lot for others, he deserves a break, even more so because I'm sure the writers are setting him up for a noble death. Maybe there's still a chance they may pair him with Monica if Fin and Dim reconcile.
Yola
 

How do we know it was rape and not the Gone With Wind scenario people were talking about when it happen?

LRG is horrible actor. He should have been made a villain to start with. I don't buy him a galan/protagonist. There's a reason why despite the bad stuff Alejandro has done the majority of people still like/root for him. Whereas I have yet to see many people who like Jose Luis and not because they like Alejandro. Even if there was no Alejandro people still won't care for the character of JL.
 

I really don't love Alejandro (or JL). The audience loves Alejandro because he is muy guapo and he is the galan.

The characters who love Alejandro are: his mother; Dominga and Macario (who grew up with him/cared for him as he grew up); his mama; and Monse.

The characters who love JL are: his BFF, Refugio; Esmeralda; his mom-in-law; Angie; and Monse (on and off).

They seem pretty even to me.

I agree that the actor has played JL too desperate and whiny, only made worse by the fact that he's on the losing end of things most times. But Ale has also been whiny and ragey too. Not an improvement in my book, except he looks prettier doing it than JL does. :)
 

Forgot to add Ale's BFF, Victor to his list. Basically, both Ale and JL are loved by the people near and dear to them. Makes sense. JL doesn't have any family in Agua Azul, so we don't get to see him interacting with his family.
 

Ale is so pretty that I thought it odd the TN felt it had to make JL sweaty. And even in a coma bed, they wouldn't let Ale grow a beard or look gnarly in any way. While JL has been through the gamut in looks, from black cap to spiffy military white to sweaty & greasy and now Miami Vicey. I am enjoying Guzman's performance - his character has been all over the place. When/if Ale comes back to Aguazul, I'll bet he has a fresh haircut and crisp blue shirt.
 

I think they must have put Sebastian/Ale in the same air conditioned trailer as Angelique/Monse during the breaks between takes, while they stuck LRG/JL out in the hot sun an made him run a couple of laps before every take. :) The shiny sweat look, coupled with the desperate whining, was NOT a good look.
 

Urban, another great recap, and the pictures you posted were excellent as well. I was pretty amused with Fabiola and Graciela today. I didn't see Sandro or Gracie drinking anything and wondered when Gracie had courteously invited Fabi to have a drink. You answered it wonderfully with "Gracie reluctantly entertained her unwelcome guests, although Fabiola probably helped herself to the red wine while she watched Sandro flatter Gracie" I can just imagine Fabi rummaging around looking for the wine to serve herself. How rude! And also her hair was a bit more pointy today, I kept thinking of Taz from Looney Tunes. Lol!

There seems to be a lot of hate building up between these two. Now Gracie wants to "destroy" Fabiola. I wonder if she will hold off once she find out it is her own daughter? Nah, probably not, if she raised Monste and Dim, and treats them the way she does, Fab will get no pity from her!

I was also really looking forward to Fina finally telling Montse Ale is alive. Looks like they are going to keep dragging it. I agree with those that think she will ultimately deliver her message. I was taken off guard by Montse's reaction to her so I would think she was too. She now knows that Montse is going to marry JL, and I think she will at least tell her and let Montse decide whether she marries or not.

Along with you all, my favorite moment was the JL/Gracie forehead thumping. I wonder if that was part of the script or if JL just went with it? I couldn't stop laughing. Finally someone stood up to her!

Maricruz
 

Thank you Yola. Monste was indeed raped although she never admitted it she was. If you get passed the whininess of the person playing Jose luis you will see that Jose luis is a good person at heart.
 

Any tips to help me progress in my spanish is invited. By the way I thought when Graciela tells people perdonarte I thought it meant forgive yourself. I guess I was wrong right? I'm sorry for asking but I'm a beginner and 80 percent of the time I miss alot of commentary still.
 

Urban,thanks for the awesome recap. Esmeralda should just love her unborn baby enough to ignore her man's neglect. Her ranting and raving is getting selfish and old. That is just my opinion. I get Dim's indifference. He took a chance on Josephina and lost. He probably still loves her but will not get burned again. The problem with these TNs is their ability to make protagonists sooooo brain dead. How come Graciela and Pedro have all the smarts. I don't get it. I will keep reading the recaps though, They have been incredible.
Thanks again. Later!
 

Vivi, when you were listing Ale's team of supporters, you forgot Maria...hopelessly obsessed with tall, blonde, and handsome Ale.

I've been reading the comments by the Ale fans and the JL fans. Truthfully, I am not a supporter if either of them. They both seem obsessed with Mony, ...but love...??? They seem to be caught up in their competition. Mony has become the trophy, and perhaps she should look for someone new. Barbie, there are lots of Kens out there. maybe you can find one with a little less baggage and drama than these two dudes.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder