Monday, May 12, 2014

Que Pobres Tan Ricos: Adolfo loses his starch, Leo gets a love poem, they'll be serving more vegetables at the cafe.

Greetings friends, thanks to Julie for switching with me so I can get up at 5 am and leave town.
===============================
Adolfo Giron continues to put the moves on Vilma and she finally likes it. He does have a very sexy voice. She's learning to smile and sashay when she walks. She goes to get groceries for the delicious dinner he'll make and purrs: "You don't need to call me licenciada any more, but we are not going to say tu, the formal is more exciting."

Saul has staked out Vilma's house. MA sneaks up (disguised in - A HAT). Hearing that the police have been hunting for MA in the barrio, Saul offers his own house as a hideout, but MA doesn't want to leave Alejo a free field with Lupe.

They watch Wilma leave. Saul: "Look she is smiling, I haven't seen that in years!" MA pretends to be a delivery guy (in his HAT) and convinces a neighbor to let him through the gate. He sneaks upstairs and pushes his phone number under the door. He tells Giron: "We're in the same boat, you're a fugitive too, we have a mutual enemy. And you KNOW I'm innocent." "Yes, but it's my neck. I can't help you." MA is disappointed and leaves.



Meanwhile, Vilma is coming back too soon so Saul detains her with a very boring conversation about law at the gate. "Shouldn't you be at work?" "I have flexible hours." "Wait! I want to chat a bit!" MA sneaks back out. He reports his failure to Saul and says he'd far rather deal with Giron than the much scarier Bambi. While they're rehashing, Wendy sashays up (she can really shake it). MA forces Saul to say yes to coffee with her the next morning. "Come on, do it. You've been so tense, and she's a good person. Don't jerk her around!"
=================
The grandmother, catching Tizoc and Frida in bed, says loudly and kindly: "Next time the two of you want ... to conduct a private conversation ... remember to close the door." Tizoc crows that his family is a bad influence. Frida is mortified but Tizoc is amused. Frida apologizes to Grandma who says: "I was young once too. What do you feel for him?" "I love him, I've never felt this way, it terrifies me." "Love is the most marvellous thing in the world, and hard to find... " etc FF
================
It's very sweet there with the King and Prince of Bananas. The Prince is feeling awkward about being expected to find a girlfriend. The King kindly tells Trofeo (who reveals he has washed clothes for them) he's been like a son, too.
==================
Boringly, at the cafe Lupe watches Emiliano do his homework and sighs to Carmelita she doesn't want him to change. Carmelita says it isn't good for Emi to see his parents fighting (PSA). "But I don't want Alejo changing my son." FF Lupe tells Emi people see things diffently. That takes several minutes. They make up. FF She wants the two of them to go on an excursion next day with MA, but Emiliano would prefer to visit his dad.
==================
The police boss is not impressed with his pregnant agent and her henchman. They haven't found Giron or MA. "I should have put more senior people in charge." They go to interview Alejo, he just lies and lies to them and then says "keep me posted on every aspect of your investigation." They are not impressed by his revelation that MA is in Mexico. He says he and Vilma know nothing of the whereabouts of Giron.
======================
Wedding expense disaster part IX. Leo still wants an expensive new suit, Mom is still worrying about all the other expenses too. Leo sticks out his lower lip VERY FAR as he complains his wedding must be of highest caliber. Are the Menchacas going to make "nice" waiters? Ana Sofia gets a quote of 100,000 pesos total for the wedding! She gasps. Frida has found local talent would put on a much cheaper wedding. Leo wails. They say he's ungrateful.

The Prince of Bananas calls Leo on the phone and plaintively invites him to come out. Leo: "Good, I need some fresh air." The Prince wants Leo to read his poem (folded until it's the size of a postage stamp), supposedly to see if he has talent. Leo actually eats some street food and they bumble around some before saying goodbye. Perla and her friend are spying and want to know what was on that piece of paper.
========================
That visit from MA took all the vim out of Adolfo. When Vilma gets back, ready to continue being seduced (or the reverse), he is too nervous to function. "Could Alejo betray me?" "I doubt it." She tries to get him back into the mood but he's raro. He rumbles and starts to get his mojo back, but just then the agents show up.

Giron hides in the bedroom while she denies everything. "What would my boss want with such lowlife types? Look for Giron to be with MA, they are real delinquents." She throws the agents out and they muse in the hallway about the candles and wine; she was expecting somebody, clearly. They conclude she's having an affair with her boss Alejo.

Vilma goes to Giron again, they're in the bedroom, but he's a nervous wreck. "I lost my appetite, I have to go sleep." He runs out. In the morning she finds he's gone leaving this note: "I'm sure Alejo will betray me so I'm going to negotiate with MA. I will never implicate you. I love you, eternally yours."
========================
Leo runs into the house and unfolds the poem. "You are my love... I desire to love and be loved." Leo smiles as he realizes the first letter of each line read vertically spells LEONARDO. Perla comes in and grabs the poem and reads it, she thinks it's for her and runs off with it. Leo realizes he's in a kettle of worms.
=========================
You'll be glad to know (as Frida was) that the menus Carmelita and Lupe are composing for the upcoming week will be more healthy and full of vegetables! PSA
=========================
Saul visits Minerva and her mom and says he'll continue to be her divorce lawyer: "I will be implacable."
==========================
Banana King, musing yet again about Lupe's mystery man, says: "She spends more time with cousin Mike than with her boyfriend." MA shows up ready to admit he's the novio, but changes his mind when he sees Nepo's pistol. Meanwhile Lupe admits to her dad that she and MA are novios again.
==========================
Tomorrow: Alejo has a gun and he's going to use it. But on whom?

Labels:


Comments:
Jane, thanks for the fun recap. I especially liked "Leo realizes he's in a kettle of worms. " Great description of one of my favorite parts (below).

I loved

Doña Mati being so understanding of Frida and Tizoc and not forgetting what it is like to be young.

Vilma so involved with Adolfo she chooses not to answer Alejo's call. Will her future alliance be with Adolfo or with Alejo?

Diego and Leonardo being so clumsy around each other and the way they kept bumping into each other when they met. Leonardo so pleased when reading the poem from Diego but then realizing that if it were written for him it would mean he was either "Choice A" or "Choice B" neither if which he was comfortable with. Leonardo has a big decision with his wedding on the horizon.

Lupita telling don Chuy that she and MA are on again.

Jarifa
 

Jane:

Thank you so much for this most marvelous recap and Marta for yours on Friday. Mr. Mads is doing very well in his recovery.

I too loved Dona Mati being so accepting of Tizoc and Frida. I liked the little chat they had.

Just when Vilma is about to love someone new he leaves her. So sad for her, but I am surprised by Adolfo taking MA up on his offer. That was a big surprise.

The funniest scene was MA sneaking up on Saul. I lol'd with that.

Deigo and Leo were very cute. I too wonder what Leo is gonna do. Jarifa I liked your Option A or Option B too funny.

Nepo and that gun waving. Poor MA! That gun needs to be put up and stay up,somewhere out of Nepo's reach!

 

Thanks, Jane! I loved the title. Summed it all up.

I was glad Mati was understanding as well.

I am really impressed with the actor playing Leo. He can be a twit, but at the same time he played the poem scene perfectly.

Perla is an idiot. Truly useless.
 

Thank you Jane!
Leo's face when he realized the poem was for him was priceless!

 

It really was, Marta. He seemed so happy and flattered!
 

Thanks for the recap!

I loved all the scenes with Leo, Diego de Erice is doing a great job playing this character. I also liked the scene of him, AS and Frida in their penthouse planning the wedding. Leo being very pessimistic thinking that everything will go wrong and asking Frida for a grenade so he can say goodbye to this world. She throws him an invisible one which he catches and then throws himself on the bed while AS looks on. LOL

He was so eager and happy to read Diego's poem. And how rude of Perla to just take it away like that from him!

Evelin
 

Hi folks,
just a fyi, my daughter is going in the OR at 12 noon today to deliver my 2nd grandson by c-section. It is tough to stay away having been there with her the first time around, but the boyfriend this time is much more up to what is happening than the first..
So i might not be able to log into the blogger tonight or anytime tomorrow. So if you like, please say a prayer for them so everyone will be healthy and safe.
 

Thanks for your recap Jane.

I was shocked Vilma came around to Adolfo and sad it was too late. I hope she can find happiness with him and turn on Alejo; we know he'd turn on her in a second.

Praying for your daughter and 2nd nieto Marta. Keep us updated.
 

Thanks, Jane. I am so glad you are recapping again!!

I have not seen this one yet, and fell asleep last night while watching Friday's episode. I know I am missing a lot of great stuff - especially Adolfo/Vilma and Diego/Leo. Maybe I can catch up tonight.

So wow, Nepo must have been in a fabulous mood to say something nice to Trofeo. He usually treats him like crap.

Leo actually agreed to hang out with Diego in public without any arm-twisting? Huh. I guess they've both recovered from the shock of that conversation they had about their "tastes."

Speaking of tastes, more vegetables? Yuck. Needs more bacon.

Marta, thanks for Friday's recap, and best wishes to your daughter and grandson for an uneventful delivery!

And I'm glad to hear Mr. Mads is recovering nicely!
 

Jane- Excellent recap! Thank you.

Marta- All the best to your daughter and your new grandchild. I sending lots of goo thoughts to you all!

I missed this epi. I'm disappointed Vilma and Adolfo didn't even get the chance to share some hot kisses before he took off. So much potential. Oh , well! I hope he has at least cured her of her Alejo obsession.

Very interesting developments with Diego and Leo...
 

Thank you Jane for the marvelous recap. I loved how you pointed out MA's impenetrable disguise.

It gave me a laugh when MA was trying to use "nacospeak" as a delivery guy to the lady that let him through Vilma's outside gate. I couldn't quite get the excuse he gave her, but she then suggested he could come to her place too.

Marta, congrats on being Grandmax2! Hope all is going well with your daughter and the baby.

Barbara
 

Thank you for the fantastic recap! Lots of laughs.

I'm impressed that Diego got up the nerve to invite Leo out and give him the poem. And Leo was actually nice to him and smiled about it! And then just couldn't face either Choice A or Choice B.

Too bad that useless brat Perla was on the scene. Didn't her family ever teach her not to take things from people? Not to mention not barging into the bathroom. She's such a toddler.

I think Leo is making all sorts of demands about the wedding because he knows very well that he doesn't want to marry Macarena. Now that the wedding is looming and not just theoretical, he's grasping for an excuse to not go through with it. I'm sure he was hoping his family would have their own fortune back before the time actually came for the wedding.

Liked how Mati locked the door on her way out of the penthouse. She should have made MORE of that..."LOOK, fools, here is how you lock the door!" And maybe try a room with curtains while you're at it.

Too bad Vilma and Adolfo were cut off so abruptly, but I hope that little taste of affectionate attention cured her slavish devotion to Ahole, who treats her like trash.
 

Julie, I agree with you about Leo's increasing demands now that the wedding is imminent.

I was too lazy to check but I actually think there was a "continuity error" with the locked door of the penthouse. I'm pretty sure after Frida called Tizoc back in, he went to kiss her and then ran back to lock the door. However, no curtains, still a big problem!

Also, I'm not that great a housekeeper, but did anyone notice how dirty that door was as Mati locked it?

Barbara
 

I was catching up on the episodes I missed last week or the week before, and I noticed that when AS was talking to Macarena on the phone, it was probably late morning in Mexico City, and it was also broad daylight wherever Maca was. COULD have been early evening, I suppose, but the scene did include a window in her room with definite bright sunlight. I'm not sure she went as far as Spain.
 

Julis, thst is an interesting take on why Leonardo is making things so complicated. It sure mskes sense.

Jarifa
 

I did really like the grenade scene. That was funny.
 

I also liked Leo gesticulating with Da Vinci when he was discussing his opciones. AS saved Da Vinci, but the little doggie didn't actually seem to mind the wild ride. He seems to really like Leo.
 

BTW, Julia I know you wrote about Leo...but my fingers typed Julie!

Barbara
 

I like the theory about Leonardo too. It reminds me of the old folk song: "Tell him to make me a cambric shirt, without no seams nor needlework, then he can be a true lover of mine." He and Ana Sofia are WONDERFUL together. I am sad to be out of the reach of Univision and missing the next few nights! Thanks everybody!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder