Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Lo Que La Vida Me Robo, capitulo 145. 06/03/14. Ale makes a deal with the she-devil; JL's life starts to unravel.

Jumping right into the new...

Macario, Dominga and Rosario sit down for a chit chat. Macario tells Dominga that Rosario delivered a well deserved slap to Graceless which Dominga practically applauds. It was about time someone put Graceless in her place. Rosario is worried about what Graceless could do to her baby boy, but Macario says they are their to defend him. Dominga is more concerned about what JL will do when he finds out Ale is still alive. Macario says JL needs to start packing and move out. Rosario wishes it was that easy but has a feeling that this time around JL will not give Montse up so easily. He asks when are they going to tell Laurito that his father is alive? Hopefully soon replies Rosario.

Montse will not allow both JL and Ale to fight. Ale wonders if they should just flee. Montse tells him to just say the words and this very night she will pack up everything and Laurito to join him. She never wants to leave his side again. Ale can't believe that she will leave everything behind for him. He thinks that perhaps it's not such a good idea. Sooner or later, the past will catch up to them. Just like Victor and Nadia. We have to stay and I need to clear my name. I made the mistake 7 years ago to flee and now I am paying the price. Montse decides he's right and she will help him in any way she can. Ale wants to prove his innocence. Montse wants to know when to let the cat out of the bag and tell JL the truth. He wants to wait until everything has been cleared up and promises to talk to JL directly. I don't care what happened between you two before you found out I was alive. I can understand that. But I don't want JL to touch you again. Montse confesses that when she married JL, she told him that she would always love Ale and could never forget him. And now seeing you again, being in your arms, just confirms that my body and soul only belong to you. They kiss. Victor walks by and starts thinking of his lady love.

Josefina finishes reading the letter that Victor wrote to Nadia. Nadia wants to keep the letter but Josefina promised to rip up the letter once she read it to her. But she did bring paper and pen to write down what she wanted Nadia to reply to Victor. She says:

My love,
You have no idea how much joy I felt in hearing what you wrote in your letter. Every word you said entered my heart and filled me with hope. It filled me with strength to deal with being away from you. I love you with all of my soul.

Esme is visiting with Amelia and going over the baby shower invitations. They talk a bit over having the party at Amelia's house, Angie and Virginia. Virginia is in Portugal and has met a guy. Turns out the guy is Mexican and Amelia is eager to meet him. Esme changes the subject and wants to know if Amelia knows of a good, but inexpensive attorney. She wants to find out her options if she decides to divorce Refugio.

Refugio brings a cane over to JL. JL sees his buddies sad face and wonders whats going on? I just have a lot on my mind. JL tells him that he needs to honestly have a talk with Esme. Admit that he had feelings for another woman at one point but nothing happen. (something will happen to Refugio once he tells his hormone, crazy wife this). JL says Esme is not stupid and knows something is going on with him. You are distancing yourself away from your wife because you are not admitting your faults. Refugio turns the tables on JL and says you told me that you are withholding information from Montse. I don't know what it is, but it must be big for you to keep your mouth shut. So I ask you why don't you take your own advice? You feel the same way I do. I keep my mouth shut in fear of losing her.

Amelia is surprised . She didn't realize that Esme had marital problems. Esme admits that she and Refugio argue a lot. I'm thinking of putting an end to this before we start hating each other. Don't you love him asks Amelia. Of course I do, replies Esme. I have to accept that Refugio has never felt the same way I do. Amelia says she's talking crazy. Refugio does love her. Esme admits she is no longer the woman that he married. She has changed so much for him and she can't stand it anymore. She doesn't recognize herself. I can't keep living like this. Amelia thinks that they are just going thru a funk and it will get better. Once this baby is born, I promise you that your life and Refugio will change forever. The baby will re-unite you both. Esme doesn't want her baby to salvage her marriage. She lived with parents that fought every 5 minutes and doesn't want that for her baby. Aren't you scared of raising this little one by yourself asks Amelia. Of course I do replies Esme. But the old Esme wouldn't be afraid of that. She would take this head on. I want to find myself again.

Doorbell rings at Josefina's and Graceless barges in. She starts insulting Victor and says she's come to find Montse. Victor says that she and Ale are not here. She starts in on Ale lying to her. He told her he would leave town and she knows he's still around. Victor again tells her to leave but she of course ain’t' listening. She will not leave until she sees Montse. She walks to the backyard and catches Montse in Ale's arms. Graceless calls her daughter a slut. I may be replies Montse, but I learned that from you.

Rosario and Laurito return home and little man wants to see his daddy “JL”. Off he goes when the doorbell rings and it's Amelia. She is here to see JL.

Laurito is entertaining JL. They share a cute moment. Amelia comes in and gushes over Laurito. He takes his leave. Amelia found out from Esme what happened and she came to see how he is fairing. JL is glad that she came over. He needs to talk to her.

Graceless tells Montse it's time to go, but she refuses. Graceless says she must listen to her, but Montse doesn't see why. Graceless asks if she has any idea what she's doing. Of course I do replies Montse. I don't love JL. I married him out of gratitude. I thought Ale was dead and I don’t' care what the world says about me. Ale is the love of my life. Ale tells Graceless to leave. Graceless wonders if they have any idea what would happen if JL find out? Montse tells her mom to butt out. I know you will never offer your support in anything that I do. I will not allow you to keep hurting us. Ale tells Graceless that Montse admitted everything that she did to him. Of course Graceless don't give a fig. She stands by her lie and says Bennie did confess to her that one of his peons was poisoning him. Graceless tells Ale that she warned him that if he stayed in town, he would rot in jail. Ale calls her bluff and says call the police. See which one of us loses more. Montse will not allow it. She wants to talk Graceless's language. How much to buy your silence?

JL tells Amelia that this should be the happiest time in his life, but he just doesn't feel it. He married the woman that he loves and adores her son. I'm also ecstatic that there is a possibility that Montse can be pregnant. But what I did is not right. I kept things from her. A while ago Refugio came to me and I told him to be honest with his wife. But I haven’t' been. My urge to marry Montse overrode my common sense. I'm afraid all this will end once she finds out that Ale is in a coma. Rosario of course comes in at the right time and drops her try upon hearing JL admit that he knew Ale was still alive and married Montse anyway. Rosario comes up to JL and demands that he repeat what he just said.

Montse tells Graceless that she is still waiting for her to name her price. She doesn't care if she loses her money, her house or her business. It would be all worth it to be with her son and the love of her life. How much? Graceless says she's offended by what Montse is saying, but Montse doesn't care. Graceless says all that Ale will bring to her is heartache. You are wrong replies Montse. And if that were the case, it's my problem not yours. Graceless says she will not allow Montse to take Ale as a lover. Montse again repeats she doesn't care and to name her price. I don't want the police to come and for Pedro to find out that Victor and Ale are back in town. In were able to sell your children before and because of that you also sold yourself. I don't understand why this time you don’t want to put a price on your silence. Ale tells Montse not to do it. He will talk to Graceless and resolve it himself. He drags Graceless away. She starts throwing insults.

JL admits to Rosario that Ale is alive. He tells Amelia to leave them alone. Rosario can't believe that Amelia knew and didn't say a word. JL tells Rosario not to blame Amelia. He had her keep silent because he asked her too. Amelia feels bad and leaves.

Ale brings Graceless to the living room and tells Victor to leave them alone. She keeps throwing insults at him and starts in on his mother. Ale warns her not to talk about his mom. Graceless says that savage hit me. You should have taken her and left town forever. Ale questions her intelligence. Did you really think that I would just leave town that easily? Did you not think that I would try to fight for Montse and my son? I won't allow you to rob the peace from your daughter. You have taken too much away from us. Graceless tells him not to waste his time. You have nothing to offer my daughter. Not even a name. I have decided to clear my name no matter who falls replies Ale. Graceless says she doubts it. Ale plans to recoup everything that was taken away from him. So sit down and hear my offer that I am sure you will not refuse. I need to recoup my name. I owe that to my mother. When I clear my name and recoup my inheritance you can have it all. All that it has brought me is anguish.

Rosario asks JL why he kept quiet? JL says you wont understand my reasoning’s but I did it for the betterment of everyone. Especially for Montse. Liar yells Rosario. You did it for you. To trap a woman that you love who no longer loves you. You did it to rob my son the love of his life. Ale is “muerto en vida”. Rosario almost spills the beans that he is indeed alive. He's sure that Ale will never wake up.

Victor tells Montse to calm down, but you can't tell that to an angry woman. Just makes us more mad. Anyway Montse says if Graceless does one thing to hurt her man, she will make her pay. Even if she is her mother. Victor is sure that Ale will convince Graceless to keep quiet. I know she is my mother and I shouldn't say this, but I hate her so much replies Montse.

Graceless wants to make sure she is hearing right. You will give me everything that your father left you down to the last cent? Isn't what you have wanted ever since my father died asks Ale. Do you really think that I believe you asks Graceless. My word should be enough says Ale. But if that doesn't satisfy you, I will sign it with my own blood. Graceless says his word and blood mean nothing. Once the money falls in his lap again, he will turn his back to her. Only someone stupid will deny themselves all that money replies Graceless. I would says Ale. And what would you do with yourself asks Graceless. What I have always done says Ale. Earn my life little by little and take care of my family. Graceless says she has another way of getting that fortune for herself. I don’t need you. Ale assumes for her to be so confident, she must have made an agreement with Pedro and Fabs. Graceless says to leave Fabs out of it. How much did she offer you asks Ale? A third, half? I am offering you all of it. Whatever is left of it. Pedro took over the hacienda, Sandro took some and the rest went to Fabs. And you asks Ale. Don’t' tell me that they left you with your hands empty. That is my problem and I am fixing it. Once everything is resolved, they will have to return everything that is mine.

JL can only imagine what she is feeling at hearing the news. You have no idea replies Rosario. JL says he found out a little before the wedding. Montse had already said her goodbyes to Ale. She decided to start living her life next to me. Finally the woman I love accepted to be my wife. And I was afraid of losing her. Rosario says Montse's place is with her son. No replies JL. The place of my wife is next to me.

Ale wants to know from Graceless if they have a deal. Graceless agrees. He wants to know what arrangement she came to with JL. Graceless says it's her business and any other arrangements she has made will not be voided until this little agreement is completed.

Rosario says to herself that she knew it. This time he will not allow her to leave. JL makes his way downstairs. He says they still have more to talk about. Rosario doesn't want to hear another word and turns to leave. JL asks that he speak to Montse first before she does. No replies Rosario. I have no reason to agree. I know that Montse will feel the exact same way I do about this situation once she finds out. What you did was cowardly. I just want her to understand why I did this says JL. I just want to make her happy. A life not constantly next a hospital bed. And little by little Ale will die. That is not a life for her. Perhaps, but that was not your decision replies Rosario.

Graceless wonders if Ale told her about the arrangement they made. Yes says Montse. You will be immensely rich, but also immensely lonely. Graceless says she did it for all of them. I will of course leave everything to my children and grandchildren. No thanks says Montse. You can spend it all. I want nothing from you. Perhaps at one point, I would have wanted your love. But now, I don’t' care. Graceless says she has decided to support her and Ale. You only did it for money says Montse. I warned you to stay away from JL, but you didn't listen to me. Now these are the consequences. You don’t' need to throw it in my face says Montse. Although I know it makes you feel better. I know that you can't forgive me says Graceless. You are doing the same thing that I did to your father. You are cheating on your husband with another man. Perhaps to everyone it looks like I am being unfaithful to my husband, but not to me. Because I am faithful to me and my feelings. I am here because Ale has been and will always be the only owner of my heart. And you cheated on my father for other reasons. You laid with your lover for money, while I do it for love. If you want to get ahead, you will need me replies Graceless. This game of fooling your husband, you just don't know how to play. Your look every time gives it away. JL is not an idiot. He will eventually find out. She finger pokes her daughter and says she needs her so that everything doesn’t turn out bad. I am aware of what I am doing and am willing to pay the price replies Montse. The difference between you can I? You have never known true love. And if you are able to get all those millions, you will still be the poorest woman I know.

Manana: Rosario asks Montse if she is pregnant; Montse asks for a divorce; JL tells Refugio that Ale will not be able to take her from him and Montse overhears this.


Labels:


Comments:
Gloria:

Thanks so much for this awesome recap! I love the title with the She-Devil part ; )

I understand why Rosy is so angry and finally JL's lie has come to light. What I am having trouble with is that Rosy and Monse are way ahead of JL. They know Ale is alive and walking around Aguazul. Time for them to fess up. It just isn't right, and of course all the blame will be laid at his door while Monse has been fooling around these past few days. Yes, JL should be held to account for the lie he told, but so should Monse for the fooling around. It's only fair.

Graceless will never give up a centavo of anyone's money. She'll manage to find a way to still get paid by JL while getting all of Ale's money too. I'd like to know what the heck she is spending it all on? Jewelry? There is only so many pieces a person can own!

It would be great if Monse and Ale could just sit down and talk to JL. JL really does know where Monse's heart truly is, but he won't give her up so easily. It's sad really. I am glad he has Amelia to lean on. He is really gonna need her.

Esme, I can understand why she feels the way she does, but she needs to get a grip and really think about marriage counseling before filing for divorce. I think Amelia is right.

I really don't like those avances, sigh! Sometimes I feel like Don Quixote tilting at windmills with JL, sigh ; )
 

This was a wonderful recap Gloria! Just how many irons does Gracie have on the fire right now? She's made separate deals with Pedro, Sandro, Fabiola, JL and now Alejandro. Does she have a deal with EZ, other than to live in the Mendoza mansion? You know Gracie's going to have to try to make a deal with Maria if she finds out that Maria has the original will. I think the Black Widow is going to be caught in a web of her own making.

 

Than you very much for your complete and detailed recap, Gloria.

If Victor would have just asked who was there at the door before opening it, Graciela would not been able to barge right in. This has been a common problem for the characters in this novela.

Loved Ale physically dragging Graciela out and telling Graciela that he was still a gentleman but he was not in the presence of a lady.

Funny how Graciela shook hands with Ale and wiped her hand on her grotesque fashion statement of a dress.

At least Montse has made up her mind. Now she needs to make it right and tell JL the truth.

How long are they going to keep JL incapacitated with his broken toe(s)? It is a bit much.

Jarifa

 

Gloria, this was such an entertaining recap. Thanks for all the detail and quoted text.

My favorite part of the episode was Montse and Ale confronting Gracie, and Ale dragging Gracie away. It was about time that Montse tell her mother to butt out of her business. Gracie is so money hungry that I was surprised she didn't take Montse up on her offer. I was hoping to see Ale throw Gracie out in the street on her a**. But at least he got her away from Montse. On a side note, Ale looked so darn sexy on that white t-shirt. Anyway, I wonder if Gracie will double-cross Fabiola now that she's made a deal with Ale. I found it interesting that when Ale mentioned Fabby, Gracie said to leave her out of it. Is that motherly love, or the love of money shining through?

Boy am I glad that the cat is out of the bag. Now that Rosario knows that JL kept the truth about Ale from everyone, I am sure that Montse will not forgive him. Problem is that JL is not willing to give up Montse this time around. And I doubt that Montse is going to be tell JL that Ale is in Aguazul now. Not after he lied to her. Montse will no longer trust JL. Or at least I hope she won't. And I hope she gets that silly idea out of her head that JL is going to help Ale clear his name. That's a bunch of rubbish!

Off to bed...hasta pronto!
 

Thanks for the speedy recap Gloria.
Wow, the whole episode was so dominated with Gracie! "Give me the money but pretend like I still mean something to you" Loved your title, and indeed, everyone seems to have made some kind of deal with her.
 

Great work, Gloria.

Graceless is easily the most shameless toxic mother in novela history. The very notion that she could order her 28-year-old daughter to do anything is outrageous and at least Monserrat knows how to deal with her.

Alejandro, though, has made a huge mistake here and it's not his fault. He has missed seven hellish years of dealing with this woman so he hasn't quite had the chance to figure out that this concession will not end it. Gracie will not stop until she has consumed everything. Not just his money, but JL's money, her children's will to live, and everything else in sight.
 

Brilliant recap Gloria! She-devil indeed. It's a full time job for this woman to keep track of all her intrigues and deals.

My guess, and I so hope it actually happens, is that Graceless may THINK she wins the deal she made with Ale, only to discover Fabs drank it all away and there's nothing, nada, zilch. The look on her face alone will be worth turning in for. Hope the writers go that route. Money hasn't bought anyone in this TN happiness.

Though I think Esme might be jumping into the idea of divorce too soon, what I do enjoy about her, Monse, and others is that we are getting the spunk-factor ratcheted up with all our female heroines. Through whatever trial they have gone through, they are coming out stronger, taking control and even telling their male counterparts they aren't necessarily push overs any more. Getting there you guys. Keep it up. The patio is liking this change.

Honestly, once Laurito gets a gander of his dad alive, and I would think that may be sooner than we're led to believe now, JL is toast. Ale will be very much alive and well and he won't have a leg to stand on (pardon the pun right now.) I like Rosario's comment to him that it wasn't his decision to make.

Have rather liked not having Pedro around. Just need more Dim and I'm good with this.

Daisynjay
 

With 50 episodes left we have a lot to resolve:

-- Alejandro's name being cleared. That's the toughest one because we have no witnesses to testify in his favor.
-- The fate of Padre Anselmo, the one person who could clear him.
-- The parentage of Maria and Fabiola.
-- Exposure of Maria's crimes.
-- Exposure of Sandro's crimes
-- Exposure of Pedro's crimes and his shortcomings.*
-- Exposure of the rest of Graceless' crimes and her lies.
-- Exposure of EZ.

I'm sure there's a few I've forgotten.

*As of now, only three people know about this: Nadia, Victor, and EZ. EX should tell JL and Victor should tell Alejandro. Imagine Pedro trying to face down these two macho dudes.
 

Gloria: An exceptional recap. Agree that the title was perfect.

I think everything about your summaries shine and this was no exception. "(something will happen to Refugio once he tells his hormone, crazy wife this)" and "She wants to talk Graceless's language. How much to buy your silence?" were marvelous.

From the beginning, I felt strongly that Esme's work was important to her. What she did for a living was irrelevant, she enjoyed what she did and it fulfilled her. While I understand the nature of her work was a source of discomfort to her husband, it was part of who she is. She is indeed losing herself. She wants to be the person she was and the person Refugio fell in love with. Refugio fell emotionally in love with another woman which certainly muddied the waters further. I hope she will go to counseling with Refugio but unless Refugio is able to support her, I fear they are doomed.

Jarifa, you captured this to perfection: "Funny how Graciela shook hands with Ale and wiped her hand on her grotesque fashion statement of a dress".

The lying and treachery between Monse, JL, Ale and those in their orbit is exhausting. I'm sorry but Rosario's righteous indignation upon hearing JL's news was baffling. As Madelaine pointed out, she not only knew Ale is alive and well but that Monse and Ale are together! I'm not a fan of hypocrital behavior which all of these players are currently indulging in.

Good heavens, at this point, let's see what EZ is up to. And as Daisy noted, more Dim please. And Fina.

Gloria, thank you!

Diana
 

hypocritical behavior.

Diana
 

Rosario has a legitimate gripe: Had Monserrat known that Alejandro was alive she wouldn't have married JL and JL knew that. Her not telling JL that Alejandro is alive and well is for Alejandro's protection.

She is a lioness protecting her cub even though said cub is now a full-grown lion.
 

Thanks, Gloria, for giving us another excellent retelling.

Ale...plain white t-shirt...me like.

Wow...How is Gracie spending her ill gotten gains??? Well, we can rest assured that none of it went to any type of charity or a fashion consultant. From the looks of last night's episode, Gracie has decided that every morning, she will put on ALL her favorite clothes...at the same time. Yikes..She looked like a gypsy with that long Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman dress, massive scarf, and chandelier earrings. Her fashion sense seems to be plummeting along with her morals and ethics. I must say that I watch her with fascination and sympathy....what a joyless, loveless life she leads...no friends..estranged from only relatives, her children and sister-in-law. Her avarice will lead to Gracie dying alone with or without money. ...mourn by nobody. Que lastima.
 

Considering that we have never seen her actually spend any of the money my best guess is that she has been socking it away in offshore accounts.

If that's the case when she ends up alone at the end of the story -- whether dead or alive -- I hope Monserrat and Dimitrio find the money and use it to right all her wrongs. They should also donate something like 25% to charity, which would be like flipping the bird at her.
 

This is wonderful, Gloria -- thank you! And I completely agree with your aside about what would happen to Refugio if he were to take JL's terrible advice and tell Esmeralda all about his crush on Mónica.

Great title, by the way!

Novella lover, to answer your question from yesterday:

The Patio of Lowered Expectations is just an imaginary place we can retreat to while we enjoy our fairytales.
 

Gloria, great title to start the recap: "Ale makes a deal with the she-devil"

Graciela has sold her soul, her children, her dignity all for money! How can 7 years of living alone, not show her what her life will be like if she continues? Montse feels bad because she now hates her own mother, and Dim probably feels the same way.
Honestly I don't see any redemption in her future. Even if there is a tiny smidgen of motherly love in her, her avarice is greater.

Urban, so true: "Graceless is easily the most shameless toxic mother in novela history. "

Madelaine, I'm with you on Esme. She does "need to get a grip." She loves Refugio and he loves her. As Diana said, they need counseling. I'm sure they can find a way to strike some sort of balance, I just wish she would stop focusing on getting back to the pole. There has to be other ways she can express herself through dance, without drunk men leering at her!

Susanlynn, you had me lauging at:
"From the looks of last night's episode, Gracie has decided that every morning, she will put on ALL her favorite clothes...at the same time. Yikes.."

It is starting to get very good, Rosie now knows that JL knew about Ale before the wedding. Montse will soon find out, and JL is getting ready to hold on tight to Montse. Plus I'm looking forward to more Dim, Fina and Addie. I'm also now intrigued as to Virginia's possible return and just who is her new boyfriend.

Have a great day everyone, and thanks for the recap Gloria!

Maricruz


 

Thanks Gloria. Fantastic recap!

Wow! I am blown away by how many deals Gracie has going with so many people. The thing is, it's nearly impossible to walk away from any conversation with her without there being some quid pro quo involved, if only just to get her out of your face.

So glad things with Monse and JL are about to come to a head. What's the worse that could happen? Will he freak out, manhandle her, nail a couple of innocent women into a room, make it his mission to kill the other man, abandon his pregnant wife, but refuse to give her a divorce when he realizes she's been harboring Ale under his nose? Ooops! Ale already did that. JL is going to have to think up a more creative way to go off the deep end.
 

Vivi, you just blew me away! Wow...Well stated!

Diana
 

Didn't Rosie already know from Lauro that JL knew about Ale being in a coma just before the wedding? And didn't Rosie tell Monse this (I didn't see the epi but read it in the recap)? I know the first thing happened, but did the second thing? In any case, this was not new news for Rosie. She just finally had a way to confront JL openly about it, and I'm glad she did. All this passive aggressive stuff she was doing with him was getting on my nerves. Now she can just be an outright beyotch to him, like she's always wanted, and have a valid reason. :)
 

Vivi really? I still can relate to why Alex did that. A sane person would get angry. If Alex would have behaved rationally and calmly, I would have thought he was secretly plotting murder and soon to go postal. I can appreciate a enraged person because their "craziness" is kind of a natural warning of danger. If you are dumb enough to stay around them, your fate is on you. The calm person is going to get you too. They are just sneaky and underhanded about it. They seeth and plot their enemy's demise. With rational anger, the body is found years later or they kill the whole neighborhood on Tuesday because they kept all that rage bottled up. That is why detectives were created.
 

Cynderella- That's what I'm saying. If Monse and JL could survive Ale's crazy reaction when he found out about them, then surely Monse and Ale can survive whatever crazy reaction JL has. What are they all so worried about. Ale called the cops on JL AND tried to kill him all those years ago. That's also the worst that JL can do, so why not just tell him the whole truth now?
 

Thanks for another fantastic recap, Gloria. I really enjoyed reading it this morning as I was headed to work. Best, Julia R.
 

"That's also the worst that JL can do, so why not just tell him the whole truth now?"

Because it would be common sense, something our poor denizens seem to be in massive short supply of in Aqua Azul. Personally, I think there is something in that "aqua" that brings out the stupid in these folks. Guess we wouldn't have a TN if they all thought rationally.

Daisynjay
 

Nothing stupid about it. Even if JL were not inclined to arrest Alejandro to keep him away from Monse sooner or later EZ or Pedro would force him to do it and the matter could be out of his hands.

Nobody wins this situation at the moment.

As I see it, Alejandro can't get his fortune back until the very end because if Pedro has the hacienda, Sandro the factory, and Fabiolush everything else, all three of them have to fall before any truth is revealed that could help him.

As to the JL/M/A triangle, the one deciding factor in it is Monserrat's feelings. She loves Alejandro and that is all that matters. JL will be a worse rage monster than Alejandro was if he tries the same thing.

Nobody has mentioned this possibility yet, but can you all see a rape scene in the future of this unfortunate marriage? I'm predicting it now and that it will be far worse than its predecessor.
 

Again, nothing that Ale hasn't done before him. Honestly, unless he takes and ax and starts going after people with it, the Shining style, I don't see how his reaction could be worse than Ale's. Monse should be used to raging men by now and able to tell JL it's over and why.
 

Gloria - Terrific recap. So much dialogue flew by so fast last night that I missed some. Thanks for all the details.

Yay, Monse stands up on her hind legs. Hope she does the same with JL, whether she's pregnant or not and whether Ale accepts it or not.

Loved Refugio calling JL on his hypocrisy. Refugio has had his BFF on a pedestal, so it's sad to see him disillusioned. Kudos to Rosario for containing herself and not beating the crap out of JL.

I know I’m crazy but I’m still expecting JL to come in off the ledge. Surely he will see that Monse will never be in love with him again – punto – and if he keeps hanging on, she really will hate him this time.

I did love when Ale said he would give up all the money and do what he did before, work hard. Still wondering what he got his degree in.
 

I like that Ale has stepped up his romance game the last few episodes, with the flowers and meals and such. That wasn't his strong suit last time around, so well done!
 

I don't think it's the "dancing around a pole with drunk men leering at her" that Esme misses. It's the fact that she enjoyed the dancing part, the alone time when for a period of time she would transport herself into another world. We don't know her back story, but perhaps her dancing was the only way she had of pulling herself out of a bad situation, be it poverty, or domestic violence, or other abuse and for the first time she had succeeded in something on her own. If Refugio had been more understanding of her having a "career" (such as it is) instead of the "Me man. Man boss. Boss owns woman." caveman attitude, if he had shown her some understanding and love during her pregnancy, she wouldn't be doubting herself or their relationship. He should've said from the beginning, "I don't care what anybody else thinks or says. You love your job, it makes you happy, so go for it. I love you and seeing you happy makes me happy." Instead, he acted all ashamed and angry every time he had to defend her at work, so for HIS sake, she quit. And if he had been smart enough to have that same "so what" attitude about her dancing with the morons at the base, their immature and idiotic comments wouldn't have lasted long. He fed into their game by reacting as he did. I believe that Esme would have eventually decided on her own that she'd had enough of performing and switched to happily owning and running the place. Instead,she feels that she was forced to quit "the only thing" that ever made her happy and validated, and naturally comes to the conclusion that she quit for Refugio, so obviously she loves him and he doesn't love her, so the only answer is a divorce!
 

Vivi, two wrongs do not make a right. Ale was wrong so will JL. Who ever ask about seeing a rape between JL and Monse I do see it as a possibility if Monse refuses his advances. JL is a loser for holding on to someone who you know does not reciprocate your feelings. Aguazul or not if Monse, pregnant or not, wants to leave him how can he prevents her? It's a serious question. He will not let her leave, he says but how?
 

Thanks so much for your recap Gloria. Gracie as the she-devil is LOL and spot on.

Diana summed up my feelings on the triangle: "The lying and treachery between Monse, JL, Ale and those in their orbit is exhausting." And lying is lying whether its JL or Rosie at this point.

I'm w/Daisynjay about keep giving us less Pedro and more Dim and Fina.

And Vivi, your posts on what's the worst that can happen was another LOL moment for me.
 

The writers can certainly choose to have a JL-Monse rape scene. But after all the time they spent developing JL as a good but complex character (one who withheld that Ale was in a coma, but who also felt bad about doing so), it would be an idiot move on their part. For one, Monse has already been raped by one husband and he was redeemed somehow cause she eventually fell in love with him. So JL would have a chance at rape and redemption too? That would be idiocy.
 

Romy- Oh, I don't think either of these men is right (in the head). I'm definitely not defending any missteps JL has or will make. Just pointing out that this is nothing that Monse hasn't faced before and I hope she's smart enough to have learned from the crazy foolishness she went through with Ale.

This time, she should have her team in place and everyone should know the whole truth. Last time, all her lies and secret-keeping cast her in a bad light in front of everyone, even her allies like Rosie and Carlota. It also allowed for Ale to isolate and imprison her (remember he put pervy Juventino on Monse watch and kept armed men on the hacienda on the lookout). This time she is at least in a big town, so keeping her an isolated prisoner would not be as easy for JL. And if she keeps her team armed with knowledge (Rosie, Dim, Fina, Mac, Dominga), there is no way JL could get away with the crap Ale got away with in early days.

As for JL posing a danger to Ale. I think this is a weak point. Pedro has armed, lawless killers at his disposal, and he hate's Ale more than AL does. Ale hanging around in such an obvious place (Fina's house), and spending time romancing Monse and making himself very visible to most of the staff in ther love hotel, is what's putting him in danger. Pedro and Fab suspect he's alive, Gracie knows he's alive and so does Maria (who he's going to meet). These pose more of a danger to Ale than JL does. He's a fricking fugitive, but he's acting like he's on vacation just visiting the folks back home. All of this is to say, JL knowing the truth is not really going to change Ale's fugitive status all that much. He just needs to get better about hiding himself.
 

Niece:

In total agreement what you said about JL. I don't want him going to the dark side either.

Vivi:

Laurito told Rosy what Vicky said when she met him and he showed her the pic of his Daddy. That's when Vicky said she's met him in Argentina and was her Tio. Both Rosy and Monse thought it was a coincidence or an exaggeration.

I blame Monse too for this situation. She didn't have to marry JL, pressure or gratitude or not. She just should have said, "Look, Ale will be the love of my life foreva" and ask JL to be the Godfatherly presence in Laurtio's life y punto. She was doing fine on her own, with her bidness and was living a comfortable life with Laurito and Rosy. Jus' sayin'.
 

Mads- Yes. Rosie already knew JL told Lauro not to mention hearing from Vicky that Uncle Ale was in a coma. Like I said, what she heard JL and Amelia talking about was not a surprise-- it just finally gave her a chance to rake JL across the coals. But did Rosie or Ale already tell Monse about JL knowing about Ale's coma and having Lauro keep it secret? I thought I read that in one of the recaps.
 

Vivi:

No, Monse doesn't know JL knew anything yet.

Amelia is the one that told JL that Ale might be alive when she found out Nadia was back in Aguazul. JL found out from Peddy that Ale was in a coma in Argentina and probably would be a vegetable and never wake up.
 

Vivi:

I meant to say, JL hasn't told her, but I think Rosy has. Monse doesn't know that JL knew the coma part before her wedding to JL. When she finds that out she will be livid.
 

Mads- Thanks. Goodie! We still have Monse busting JL about getting Lauro to keep quiet, and knowing that Ale was alive (although in a coma) before they got married, to look forward to.
 

UA, though I wouldn't put it past them since these writers seem to be falling into some predictable TN cliché traps, but for all that is holy, I hope we DON'T get a marital rape scene with JL/Monse. I don't care if they think it would put him on par with Ale. His manipulations and secret-keeping is enough. And frankly, even with his hot temper if he starts acting stupid, I would hope either he would come to his senses or Monse would give him a good kick in the nether regions and get out of there. They glossed over Ale and Monse's first moment by having her all smiles the next morning ( doesn't excuse him) but this time it could not be glossed over in anyway and I think, and I don't even like JL, it would be out of character to follow completely thru. It also seems to insinuate that this particular woman only brings out the worst in men. Have a problem with that as well.

Daisynjay

 

Gloria: great recap. Thanks.

Gracie dresses like a “low-class” person thinks a “high-class” person would dress.

I know this might creep some people out, but how much older is Amelia than JL? JL was quite a bit older than Angie, so he might be pretty close to Am’s age. I like them as a couple. They have great chemistry together. But it would be a little weird, considering.

Nanette
 

I still don't think that Alex shot J.L. It's was an impossible shot. It's a magic bullet.
 

In a court of law, they could not convict him.
 

There was a Scarlett and Rhett vibe between AB and SR from their previous series (The actors even have a similar off-camera age difference), so their "marital rape" scene didn't surprise me. It was based more on mind games than the previous version of this story so it came off differently to me.

Having said that, my feeling is that any such scene with Monse and JL would be substantially worse if the writers decide to go there.

On another note, some thoughts I had while eating lunch:

Does anyone else think that Gracie would have pushed Monserrat into a moneyed marriage even if the Mendoza coffers had been full?

When she told her early on that Lauro could have helped JL's naval career I doubt she was being sincere. However, we didn't yet know enough about her to realize this immediately.

Monse would have made a good trophy bride for a naval officer. She's a good person who accepts people at face value. She's gracious, polite, and capable of being in charge without offending anyone. In short, the polar opposite of Gracie.

Since Monse is capable of runningn a successful business my most current thought is that Gracie harangued her into selling the hacienda to make sure she didn't recognize her own mismanagement or that the books had been cooked.

Considering the current level of danger I don't think that Monse or Alejandro have taken the time to think of those things. However, I hope the writers have and don't drop the ball on it.

My current advice to Alejandro and Monserrat would be to get a loan from Josefina with the business and Monse's house as collateral. They should go to Argentina with Rosario and Laurito. Alejandro could be a capetaz on a cattle or horse-breeding ranch until things get resolved in Mexico (I think his degree is in agricultural science).

As things are now resolution can only happen when Pedro, Gracie, Sandro, and Fabiola destroy each other over Alejandro's rightful inheritance. Once Gracie is destroyed the truth would come out about her role in the murder of Benjamin and maybe -- if the writers don't drop the ball -- we'll find out about all the money we think is missing.

 

Even a beanie filled with margaritas can't change my mind. The writers will have to clear that up as well. So please add that to you list Urban. WHO SHOT J.L.?
 


I love Ale's disguise, a logo-less T-shirt and a logo-less cap. That will really fool them!

But we do need to get the rideless Ale back into his driverless Tundra, tan pronto como sea possible.

How else can he clear his name without a good set of wheels?




 

It took me 15 minutes to compose that post, so I x-posted with Cynderella...

Roberto Luis Guzman is 3 years older than Isabella Camil in the real world (1966 vs 1969). I see your point! However, that would be far too weird.

To an earlier point about Refugio, I don't think he's a caveman. If Esmeralda were working in Monse's cafe he wouldn't have a single gripe about it. If she were a ballerina at the opera house he wouldn't have a problem (except with her work hours). It's that she had a job traditionally assigned to sluts in most people's minds.

I think that Esme did grow up in an atmosphere of domestic discord of some kind; she said something about an unhappy home life when she was a child but didn't give any details about it. That's why dancing gave her a high because it was an escape. If she taught classes in pole dancing or classes for little girls in other stuff, I doubt that Refugio would have issues with it.

I also think that the prospect of fatherhood scares the living daylights out of him.
 

Oops, that should have been Nanette, who mentioned the age difference between JL and Amelia.

JL's character was clearly meant to be young; a guy who is that age in the real world wouldn't be a corporal anymore.
 

It was Refugio, in fact, who suggested to Esme that she channel her love for dancing into starting a dance studio or some dance business. This was even before Angie bought Escondida for her. So I don't think it's fair to say he didn't realize how much dancing meant to her. Just not THAT kind of dancing.
 

UA: I do like those two together--in other circumstances. However, I think JL has to die.

Perhaps Virginia’s boyfriend is Sebastian (Mons’ former fiancé) ;)
 

I meant I would like to see JL hook up with someone, but think he's destined to be offed.
 

Daisynjay- Monse wasn't all smiles the next morning the first time. That was the second time. She was NOT a happy camper the first time.
 

JL probably will die. We know he wants to take Pedro down and that will probably be the way it plays out. He might die while rescuing Victoria and/or Nadia from his clutches.

Sad because he was a good husband to Angelica and should have had the chance to be one to someone else. Someone other than Monse.
 

Vivo, oh she was happy the first time...way deep down inside. She was just angry with herself for liking it. She couldn't just come out and say, "I like angry sex, Alex!" She was shocked that she liked it and insulted him as a smoke screen. The second time he came at her with the angry sex, he could barely get his pants off. She was all over that situation.
 

Not sure about that, Cyn; I'd have to rewatch that episode. I think she forgave him. He didn't use much in the way of physical force. However, the insults when he thought she was unfaithful were worse.

I hope we don't get a rerun of that. This novela isn't unique in that respect and this is a cliche I'd like to see die a quick death.
 

Gloria, thanks for this stellar recap. I really enjoyed it. Well done.

For a moment, I thought that Graciela looked genuinely hurt when this occurred:

"She wants to talk Graceless's language. How much to buy your silence?"

But I guess not.

There was another moment last night when I spied a perfect solution:

JL tottering around with that cane at the top of that beckoning malevolent stairway of doom... perhaps little Laurito could position his remote control car on a step near the top... Oops!...problem solved... Next!

Carlos
 

Nice try, Carlos, but Laurito doesn't need the guilt.

I've mentioned several times that Pedro has to fall. It's time someone called the Admiral in for help on that one.
 

LOL Carlos! How about JL just end up incapacitated in a full-body cast? That's even worse than him dying because then he'd have to watch Monse and Ale smooching and being blissfully happy.
 

UA,

"...can you all see a rape scene in the future of this unfortunate marriage? I'm predicting it now..."

Gee, and yesterday when JL was coming under such harsh criticism I was thinking... Well, at least he's not a rapist... Thanks.

Carlos
 

Hello all:

I have been reading this blog for a while and me encanta…after I read Vivi’s comment, I just had to post and vent a little...I loved the Ale and Monse characters when the telenovela first started, but now I can’t stand them and I think it is mostly because more and more I am falling in love with the JL character.

Angelica made a comment to Fabiola before she died about Monse needing a man to control her and that JL was not that type of man, so it would never work between them and no truer words have ever been spoken. What Aljenadro did to Monse when he found about JL, JL would NEVER EVER have done that to Monse and the fact that she does not recognize that is so sad.

I am so sick of Alejandro’s constant need for Monse to reaffirm that he is the only man that she will (fill in the blank)…Yawn. And the way he basically blackmailed her into meeting him in that hotel room made me sick to my stomach.
For Monse to say that she married JL out of gratitude is a slap in the face to him and I think she does not deserve a man like him. She deserves someone like Alejandro who would call her all sorts of name, treat her like a )S**T and also get on a plane leaving his young child knowing that the mother just died (who does that?)

If wasn’t for JL convincing the Captain to give Monse back that money for the land she sold to Alejandro and also giving her money to buy a house, she would probably be homeless after Fabiola kicked her out…she had not skills to go out and get a “real job”.

JL loved her, married her, and became a dad to her son, in spite of the fact that he knows she is in love with Alenjandro and to me that is truly the meaning of unconditional love…Ale has all these conditions…I don’t you to speak or see JL if I am not there, I want JL out our Life, I do not want JL to touch you, I forgive you for sleeping with him when you thought I was dead (Really?).Did he forget about his “relations” with Maria when he kicked Monse out?

I am so sick of his constant whining about how life robbed him... It amazes me that he always paint himself as the martyr….JL sacrificed 7 years of his life, saved his life twice…(the road to hell is paved with good intentions) and he shot JL, and he is the victim...really? Does he not know about this little thing call KARMA? I have never seen someone so freaking ungrateful.

I can’t believe how much I dislike his character. I dislike the character soooo much now that his good looks do not even appeal to me anymore. I just roll my eyes each time him and Monse are on the screen.
 

Anon 4:51- Preach it! LOL! I love that your Ale hate can balance out Cynderella's Ale love. We need to hear all points of view.

In my thinking, neither one of these dudes is a prize, but so far JL has lost less points that Ale has. We do have MANY more episodes, however, for the writers to balance the scales or send JL plummeting below Ale. I have no doubt the will try their best so that the audience comes to agree that Ale is the better man. They aren't quite there yet.
 

Vivi,

"How about JL just end up incapacitated in a full-body cast?"

Then perhaps Josefina could mistake him for Rolu (Gancho) awaken her inner Ximena (Gancho) and take this thing in a whole new and much happier direction.

Carlos
 

Anon at 4:51, Alejandro had no clue about what happened to Monse when he got on the plane. He called his own cell phone when they were in the air and got Gracie telling him that Monse was dead and blaming him for it. The crash into the ocean was seconds later. He was in no way at fault for what happened to Monse.

The seven years in a coma could be regarded as his punishment for anything he did wrong at that point. He lost seven years of productive life just as JL did and because of the way that happened 7 years of awareness as well. He's also lost his rightful name and his fortune. I'd say he's been punished enough.
 

Carlos- You know now I have to go searching for those Gancho clips. :)
 

Carlos- Here we go. The beginning of the Rolu/Ximena full-body cast adventure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTiVSTxoUdw

 

Anon,

How good to hear your opinion and welcome.

"...that is truly the meaning of unconditional love..."

Or perhaps... obsession?

Carlos
 

Vivi and Anon, the J.L. Zealot, this whole sitchie began because Jose Loser was too afraid to ask Monse's father for her hand. Alex on the other hand asked and paid for the opportunity to just sit next to her. Jose Loser didn't go to prison so that Monse could be happy! He went to jail so that he didn't have to WITNESS her happiness. If he was so selfless, he would have told her that Alex was a veg (thx Carlos) before he bum rushed her down the aisle. HONESTY probably would have tilted her towards him. Now she's gonna be posses when she learns that he knew Alex was alive.
 

I meant to say that she's gonna be pissed.
 

Obsession might be the flip side of unconditional love. We certainly see that in Gracie.

No way in the world does she love either of her children. Her "love" is completely conditional and based on their obedience and compliance with her schemes. They both know that now and it amazes me that it took Dimitrio much longer than Monserrat to see this because he's 9 years older than she is. The way she insults Monserrat is scary as all hell.

Amelia's love for her daughters is unconditional. She might not have been comfortable with all their choices but learned to accept them.

JL's love for Monserrat is no longer unconditional.
 

Carlos...are we bringing up obsession? ONE WORD! MARIA.
 

Cyn- I'm going to need a little more than being afraid of the Admiral when he was a private, and the coma coverup on JL's part to tip the scales in Ale's favor. But, like I said, there is plenty of time for the writers to make him do some truly crazy and deplorable stuff and surpass Ale's a**holery (made up word, but you know what I mean).

If we are looking for an instance of cowardice on Ale's part, his slinking around and hiding while the cops took JL away to jail him as the sole guilty party for the money burning was pretty cowardly. Remember that hangdog look on Ale's face? Yep. He knew he was being a big old coward. Again, there really isn't anything JL has done that Ale hasn't done on a grander level.
 

Exactly Cyn, this started with JL being a coward to talk to Lauro and he said it wasn't even important to him. Alec was dumb to make a deal with Graciela but he knew and saw what he wanted. JL snooze and lost basically imo.

Again IA he wasn't being unselfish when he didn't tell Montse the truth, move the wedding date up or told her son to keep it a secret. All of those were done only for his benefit. I'm glad Rosario didn't buy what he was trying to sell when he explain himself to her. I look forward to JL being brought down a few and Montse finding out. She thinks he's this good, honorable person etc but he's not.
 

Thanks Vivi, I think we can accurately describe those as the good old days. I don't think that Mauricio (now Alejandro) ever had to resort to rape though if you recall he did resort to a nifty bug disguise.

UA,

"She might not have been comfortable with all their choices but learned to accept them."

Though perhaps Ginny's infatuation with Dimitrio... not so much.

Carlos
 

Cynderella,

Thanks a lot... and here I was feeling so safe in this cozy glass house.

Carlos
 

Carlos- Aha! Maybe Ale SHOULD use Mauricio's lucha libre bug disguise. That's one way he could avoid being arrested by his enemies. Better than what he's doing now to "hide."
 

If Jose Loser would have gone to Lauro, Alex couldn't have got to her. He also hid at the man's house for a year and pretended to be his friend while trying to steal is wife.
 

Anon 4:51: I can’t stand Ale, either. I much prefer JL, though he's had his moments in the past and is definitely not acting like a galan at the moment.
 

Vivi
Here is how I remember things.

First, Amelia was introduced to Victoria, via Peddy, and she came to the conclusion that Nadia was Vicky's mom, and if Nadia survived then there was the possibility that Ale survived. Amelia met with JL and told him what she knew. JL at this moment only had the suspicion that Ale could have survived the plane crash. Later that day, Gracie went to visit JL at his home to pick up her monthly check from him. There Gracie noticed that he was a little nervous, and Gracie figured out that JL knew something about the people on that plane that crashed. Gracie was the one to confirm to JL that Ale was alive and in a coma in Argentina. JL then made the decision not to tell Montse.

On their wedding day, Laurito met Vicky, and she told him I know that man in your photo. He's my uncle Ale and he's alive. When Laurito told JL, JL told Laurito to keep quiet because it would upset his mother. Lauro kept quiet til after the honeymoon, when he confessed it to his grandmother, and then to Montse. Montse then confronted JL about it. The next day they went to talk to Nadia, and she told Montse that Ale and Vic died. Nadia was forced to lie via Peddy. That same day, Montse went with Rosario to "UN evento" and was reunited with Ale.


 

Thanks Aunty Ann. So Monse DOES already know that JL asked Lauro not to say anything about Ale. And she didn't confront him about it?
 

Monse did confront JL about asking Laurito to keep quiet, but JL apologized and mollified her saying he did it so as not to upset her with a kid's pipe dream.
 

Anon @12:30:00 PM , I didn't say Esme enjoyed dancing for drunk men to lear at her, but that came with the job. Sure, she transported herself to another place, but realistically, how long could she keep dancing at the strip club, even if Refugio, who has always had a military career, was totally ok with it? Even if they had kids who were proud of their mom, Aguazul's favorite pole dancer?

We've seen how, her friend no longer dances because they've hired younger, fresher girls. That is how that life is. Perhaps if she had focused her efforts on running another type of business, still having to do with dance, she wouldn't feel as unsatisfied.

As someone else mentioned, Refugio had no problem with her being the owner of La Escondida, all he asked was that she no longer dance there. The day she got up to dance, because she had to pull Maria off the stage, caused a rift between them, and if they had worked to solve it, the rift might not have grown as it did.

Still hoping they can work out their differences.

Maricruz
 

Oh, well that sort of takes some of the bite out of Monse and JL's confrontation then. I was hoping for some fireworks. I guess there will be enough fireworks when JL hears Monse is leaving him.
 

Vivi, yes there will be fireworks too when JL finds out that Ale is awake and in Aguazul. And his wife's amante.

You know, JL is very sneaky. He agreed to go with Montse to talk to Nadia and find out the truth. He was ok with Nadia telling Montse that Ale was in a coma, as long as Montse never heard it from him, JL. He figured that they were already married, and was counting on Ale never waking up. He has NEVER wanted Montse to know that he knew Ale was in a coma before the wedding. I hate to say it, but Peddy was right on one thing. Peddy told JL that he (peddy) didn't understand JL's logic. That in JL's eyes, it wasn't okay for Nadia to lie to Montse about Ale's whereabouts, but it was okay for JL to lie to Montse. In JL's mind it was okay because it was convenient for him. He was being selfish.

Can't wait for tonight's epi!
 

And the lesson to be learned is : Never let two persistent guys fall in love with you at the same time.
 

Couldn't have said it any better myself AuntyAnn!
Maricruz
 

Susanlynn, Rulli should insist on a love scene choreographer in his next TN.

Please note that every time Monse sees Alex, she's wearing a skirt. Hmmmm.
 

Cynderella...hmmm..Very observant of you about the skirts. I've learned a lot from you. As a matter of fact, I have worn a dress every day so far this week.

Angelique Boyer actually seems to be the choreographer for their love scenes...1-2-3 point toes. ....1-2-3 flip hair...1-2-3bat eyelashes...1-2-3 pout tiny mouth . Rulli is probably warned not to block her camera shots . Let the prepositional phrases begin , girl.
 

Hmm now Graciela does an yet another deal.She really is the "Devil" and she began reminding me of Bernarda from La Otra,"You will be immensly rich,yet immensly alone .I wonder how this will impact her other deals..Im glad JLs lie was exposed.,he deserved it.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

I love Ale, but you're right, he treated her awful and said horrible things to her. That is why I love this novela, it reveals human nature and good people doing bad things and having short memories creating ingratitude. I feel for JL. He gives and gives, but dern as Padre said he shpuldv'e been man enough to talk to her Monse's father and he shouldn't have pretended to be someone else. That cause Monse so much grief and had to go through pregnancy by herself.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder