Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lo Que La Vida Me Robo, capitulo 155. 06/17/14. Sandro checks out, JL checks into Crazyville.

Skipping the old and heading right into the new...

Esme congratulates Montse on her pregnancy. Esme threatens to be upset if Montse doesn't turn into a butterball. She asks if JL is happy about the news. Montse confides that things are not well between JL and her. Before finding out about the pregnancy, she was going to leave him. She found out that he lied to her. He knew before marrying her that Ale was in a coma and didn’t tell her. Esme asks if Ale is still in a coma.

BSC JL tells Dim that he owes him loyalty. He almost destroyed his life and is now indebted to him. JL takes his letter opener and pokes Dim in the shoulder and demands him to spill the frijoles if he knows anything about Ale and his whereabouts. Dim tells JL to get the letter opener off him. They are friends but he ain't got to do nothing. Dim turns to Refugio in disbelief and with his eyes says that he has definitely lost his marbles. JL goes on a rant and says that Montse vowed at the alter to be faithful (well, she broke that vow sugar foot). Do you know what that means? I won't tolerate lies. Dim keeps turning to Refugio in disbelief.

Montse asks Esme if Refugio hasn't commented to her about anything. Esme admits they don't speak of such things. Montse admits that she told JL that her love for Ale would always be eternal. She would never have agreed to marry him if Ale wasn’t dead. She can't believe she married again with a veil over her eyes. Esme agrees that what JL did was wrong. Montse says the pregnancy doesn't change anything. She will keep trying to gain her liberty. Again Esme asks where is Ale?

BSC JL asks Dim again if he knows Ale's whereabouts. Dim lies and says he knows the same as JL does. JL keeps poking Dim with the letter opener and Dim snatches it away from him. Refugio tells them to stop and for JL to calm down. Refugio tells JL that he spoke with Esme and she will try to find out from Montse where Ale is. They are friends and I don't think Montse would lie to her. If she finds out anything, she promised to tell me. JL apologizes for his attitude. Dim tells him to get a drink.

Esme inquires about Victor and Nadia. She finds out that they have a daughter. She would like to meet her, but under no circumstances would she enter Pedro's home. Montse asks how Esme knew that they are at his house? Esme covers up and says Amelia commented it to her. She supposes that Nadia come back under force. Montse says that Nadia also lost her eye sight due to the accident. Again Esme takes the conversation back to Ale. Do they expect Ale to wake up? When it seems Montse is about to spill the frijoles, Dim interrupts and must speak urgently with her. Esme drops off her baby shower invite and leaves. Dim tells Montse that Refugio sent Esme to get the 411 on Ale. You didn't say anything, did you? No, I was about to before you arrived replies Montse. Dim tells her to be careful. JL will find out at any moment. Montse wants to talk to Dim but right now she has an appointment to keep. It's something great for her and Ale. She thanks Dim for sticking by her side.

Little Laurito tells Victoria that he met his real father and he lives with his Tia Josefina. He offers to take her to meet him. She worries they will get in trouble, but he knows a way to escape without anyone suspecting. They leave.

Sandro is packing his bags. Fabs wonders why. She hasn't thrown him out yet. I don't want to give you the pleasure replies Sandro. Do you really think that Graceless is going to welcome you with open arms asks Fabs. Sandro says he doesn't want to stay when the police arrive and take her to jail. Ale is alive and the first person he will seek revenge against is you. He is a true Almonte while you don’t know who brought you into this world. He tells her to tell Graceless goodbye. She too will regret playing dirty with him. You both aligned yourself against me and it will cost you big time.

Montse goes to pay Sandro a visit. Before she can visit with him, she gets a call from the school that little Laurito has gone missing. Back at JL's office, the police are giving him a report about 2 kids gone missing. He finds out it's Little Laurito and Victoria. He orders all personal to look for the children immediately.

Victor tells Ale that he is being to hard. Josefina brings out the kids and the dads welcomes them.

Sandro comes out and thanks Montse for her punctuality. He says he has the document he promised her. Maria turns around with a gun in her hand and says she knew he was the one that had it. Last time, I pretty much dressed the same way and used the same gun to kill Montse. Sandro just wants the documents to get into the hands of Ale. So do I replies Maria. Just under my conditions. Sandro says take it and leave. She tells him to put in on the table. Sandro says she can't blame him. He told her that he would find it under any circumstances. And I warned you not to mess with me replies Maria and shoots Sandro. Maria quickly retrieves the documents, dons her sunglasses and runs out. Fabs comes out and believes she sees Montse running out. She finds Sandro shot on her pristine white couch and starts crying.

Adolfo delivers the news to Nadia that little Laurito and Victoria disappeared from school. Nadia starts to get a bit hysterical. She wants to go, but he reminds her that the guards won't let her out. He tells her not to tell Pedro what is happening.

Ale is scolding Laurito for leaving school while Victor is rewarding Victoria with hugs and kisses. He doesn't understand the difference. He and his mom where going to escape with him, so why can't he escape from school to see him? (from the mouth of babes). Victoria pleads with him not to scold him. Josefina receives a call from Adolfo and she tells him that the kids are at her place. He is on his way.

The maid wants to call the police. Fabs says Montse killed him. The maid blames herself. She let her come in. Fabs swears revenge. The maid again wants to call the police, but instead Fabs decides to call Graceless. Fabs says Montse came by and did a drive by shooting. Graceless calls her a crazy stupid drunk. I saw her yells Fabs. She begs Graceless to help her. Graceless tells her not to move and she's on her way.

Montse comes over to Josefina's to find the kids. Little Laurito asks if he's in trouble. No, but we will talk later says Montse. LL wants her to play with them, but Montse wonders if his dad will let her. Of course replies Ale. Montse, the only semi-smart parent, decides first to call the school and let them know that the kids are okay.

Adolfo shows up at Josefina's and so does BSC JL. He's looking to get answers. Josefina opens the door and Adolfo says JL is looking for the kids. Josefina lies and says she saw Montse this morning and she commented that she was going to take the kids to the beach. What beach asks JL. I didn't think to ask replies Josefina. Why don't you call her and ask. He takes out her phone and calls her right then and there. Luckily Montse was listening and tells him that she took the kids to the beach. JL gets onto her for not advising the school what she was going to do. She says I told the secretary, I don't know why the message wasn't forwarded to the administration. He wants to know what beach so that he can go pick her up. She says no need, I will call the school now and explain. She hangs up.

Maria arrives home in her blue hooker heels and tells herself that she must fix up her house to receive Ale.

Fabs is drinking herself into a stupor. Graceless arrives and Fabs yells out that her daughter killed Sandro. The maid backs up her story. Graceless yells at the poor maid to get out and they will talk later. Fabs continues drinking. Graceless yanks the now empty wineglass and yells at Fabs that there is no possible way that Montse could have done this. There must be an explanation. Did you call the police? Not yet, I was waiting for you to arrive replies Fabs. What are we going to do? Graceless says she will handle everything.

Graceless calls Pedro and tells him that Sandro is dead. Who killed him asks Pedro. Not now says Graceless. I need your help. He finds out she's at Fabs. So you want to protect her now knowing she's your daughter asks Pedro. Exactly whispers Graceless. Pedro tells her to sit tight. He will send his men to come over and clean everything up. Graceless voices her appreciation. Whatever replies Pedro. Sooner or later, you will have to return the favor.

Happy family playing outside. Adolfo receives a call from Pedro. He tells him that he will pick up Victoria then go and do his bidding. He breaks the bad news that he has to take Victoria home. She hugs her dad goodbye. Laurito wants to resume playing but Ale wants to talk to Montse. She tells him that she loves him, but she will not change her mind. She loves him body and soul. But she also feels the same way for her children. Look at our son. How can you ask me to lose my baby when I know how he will turn out? This is his brother, his companion for life. I want to carry this baby in my arms and watch him grow. I want to hear for the first time when he calls me “mama”. It doesn't matter who the father is. It's mine. My son. But it's not mine replies Ale. It can be replies Montse. If you accept it. You just have to share some of the love that you have for me. When I was pregnant by you, you left me alone. Thru all those times, I never not wanted to have our child. I was determined to be a single mother. If it's the only option you give me, then it is the one I will take. I did it for 7 years alone and was fine. I don't want to me alone. I don't want to be without you. Ale admits that he made a big mistake in doubting her before. I lost your pregnancy and the birth of my son. You have no idea how much I regret it. With love, everything is forgiven replies Montse. Neither you nor I are perfect. But let us start again. Like Padre Anselmo said, in this life there are lessons to learn replies Ale. But some are more difficult then others. But we learn to love and fight to find happiness replies Montse. Without you I am not complete. I am lost. I beg you not to leave me alone again. Never replies Ale. He asks her to forgive him. He was given to jealously and shouldn't have allowed it. He shouldn't have pressured her to give up her child. I feel so proud of you in the way that you defend the life that is growing inside you. I promise to support you. I will not leave again. I promise to accept this child as my own. They kiss.

BSC JL is kicking it with Refugio at his place and drinking. Smart. Anyway, JL says he feels Montse is hiding something from him. He knows she and Laurito are with Ale. Refugio thinks perhaps JL is mistaken. Esme arrives home. JL wastes no time in asking Esme if she talked to Montse. She did and says she feels really uncomfortable with the whole situation. Pretending not to know what's going on. JL wants to know if she said anything about Ale. Not really replies Esme. Just that he was in a coma and when I was going to ask more, Dim appeared. Of course, replies JL. Dim is siding with her. He's her brother. What do you expect asks Refugio. It's his sister. BSC JL forbids them to tell anything to Dim regarding any information that they know in regards to what he knows about Ale. Esme is disgusted.

Maria has tarted herself up. Knock on door and it's Ale. He tells her he has changed his mind. He will not accept her offer. She says he will never recoup his father's will then. There are more important things that I don't want to lose says Ale. And I warn you that I won't fall into your threats. I do this for the huge love that I have for you replies Maria. If that were the case, you would give me the document without asking for anything in return points out Ale. I just want one night begs Maria. Then you can recoup everything. I'm not asking for nothing that you don’t' want. I know you desire me as a woman. You have demonstrated it every time I have danced for you. A woman know when she turns a man on. I know I’m not wrong. Are you denying it? You are a beautiful woman replies Ale. It's not your body that turns me off. It's your soul. There's something that I don't like. Your obsession for me has made you sick. It's not obsession corrects Maria. It's an immense love. If I once felt responsible for you, or cared for you like a sister, it's gone says Ale. Goodbye. Maria begs him not to leave. It's just for one night. He leaves anyway.

Montse and Laurito arrive home. Immediately BSC JL pounces on Laurito and asks how his day at the beach was. Rosario whisks him away for a bath. Montse claims a headache and wants to lay down for a while. JL warns Montse that whatever she's hiding, he will eventually find out. You have been warned. You have the opportunity right now to be honest with me before it's too late. So I ask you again. What are you hiding? Nothing replies Montse softly.

Fabs says Sandro found out that she and Graceless where in cahoots. Graceless doesn't give a fig and tells Fabs to make sure the maid doesn't open her mouth about Montse. Fabs says she doesn't have a reason to protect Montse. Graceless again repeats that Montse has nothing to do with it. It's Maria. That woman found out that he had the will. Doorbell rings and both woman jump up. Fabs starts crying again. Get the woman another drink! Her shriveling is getting on my nerves! Adolfo walks in and says he's there to clean up the mess. He orders them to leave and not come back until the morning. Any witnesses? Just the maid replies Graceless. Adolfo nods his head to the goons and they leave to the kitchen to take care of her. Fabs wants to know what they are going to do to her but Graceless says not to ask questions.

Montse goes to the hotel at night and the only disguise she wears is sunglasses. She doesn't even change her clothes. Then Ale just walks up to her and off they go to the room. Way to keep a low profile. Of course, Maria follows Ale and is not very happy.

BSC JL gets a visit from Maria. She tells him that Montse is at the local hotel and he needs to get there ASAP. That is, if he wants to catch her in the arms of her lover. JL says he wont' fall into her trap. She just laughs and says she warned him where to find his wife. JL asks if the man Montse is with, is it the man he imagines? Why don't you go and find out replies Maria.

Manana: JL goes looking for Montse and Ale and catches them in a compromising position.

Labels:


Comments:
Gloria:

Thanks so much for this fab recap, of a sad epi.

So Sandho is no more. Ricarda never saw BM more's the pity, she only saw Monste. Graceless is on to BM. I never thought BM would kill again, but there it is. Besides what she did at the end of this epi, I wonder what she is going to do now.

Ay, Yi, Yi, Graceless called Peddy again, looking for a favor. So Fabs must be her daughter, cause she admitted it to Peddy, but then again, Graceless lies like a rug. Last time Graceless had to testify that Ale was not an Almonte, so I wonder what she has to do for Peddy this time.

Poor Fofito is also a cleaner, hmmmm.... He didn't look happy.

I am still rooting for JL although I don't like his behavior one bit. If he really wants to know if Ale is there, go investigate yourself and find the truth. I can't believe Montse went to meet Ale already. I am not liking the previews.

I didn't like that Ale and Monste are together again either. I know they are slated to be together, but OMG really, forgive Ale that easy? I don't trust Ale either, to keep his word. I'll just keep watching and see what happens.
 

Novela Maven, loved the title for your excellent recap and BSC JL! He sure has that BSC look in his eyes.

What a hot mess of an episode!

I cannot wait until crazy BM gets hers. Best scene was Ale telling her adios.

So, Pedro also runs a "cleanup" service. Looks like the the maid Ricarda won't be alive to be a witness once things are spic n' span again.

How disgusting that Esme was involved in JL's search for Ale while talking to Montse.

Fabiola was just a distraught crazy drunk. This was one time I was hoping Graciela would give her a good head thumping.

Well, it looks like the truth is out about Ale tomorrow in the worst possible way. It is good to see this old plot finally moving along.

Jarifa


 

I don't like how Alex is Monse putty. Once again, all she had to do was pout and rub on him a little bit and she got what she wanted. She didn't even have to work for it this time.
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria.
 

I don't see it as putty. Alejandro had two options. Walk away and lose his wife and son again or accept this baby and be with his family. He choose the latter and learn from his mistake the first time. Good for him.
I knew once he calm down he would do that and put aside those feelings of hate/jealousy aside for Montse and this child..

Yeah I didn't like Esmeralda trying to pump Montse for info about Alec to help JL either. She knows JL hates him so why would she do that and endanger Alec?!



 

Gloria,
Thanks for the excellent recap. Everything we needed for tonight's epi.

I knew Ale would calm down and accept Montse's baby as his. He loves her too much to let her go. Good conversation between the two love birds. They just can't keep their hands off each other. I don't blame Montse one bit. Lucky lady!

Fabby is going nuts. Now she's going to blame Montse for Sandro's murder? Seriously?! Thanks a lot BM! Nice wig. And BTW, Montse wears her hair different now, so you might think about getting a new wig if you're going to keep impersonating her.

I was so happy that Ale rejected BM in person. And that he told her once again that even though he once cared for her as a friend and sister, IT'S OVER! NEXT! And I think that BM is delusional. She said something about Ale liking it every time she danced for him. From what I recall, Ale only saw her dance one time. BM must be talking about all the times she saw Ale at La Escondida in her demented head. How much longer do I have to watch BM reek havoc in Aguazul? Well, that's too long.

JL is getting crazier by the minute. I did not like how he was poking Dimi with that letter opener. And then telling Dimi that he owed JL. I also didn't like that they made Esme a spy against Ale and Montse. And you could tell that Esme wasn't too happy about it either. JL is about to loose it. Especially by the previews that I saw.

Must sleep...hasta pronto!
 

Great recap! Thank you again!

I enjoyed this episode. Ale and Montse belong together! Ale is showing some growth, he is after all, 7 years behind the rest. I agree with Anon, Ale had 2 choices, be a stubborn mule, walk away from his family and sulk forever or accept the baby who has no fault and be with the family he loves and wants. He's got 9 months to love this bebe. I'm glad to see them together.

I felt bad for Sandho but I'm sick to death of Maria. I'm still wondering if this TN can make it thru without Ale sleeping with her (since the previous versions they do indeed).

I was so disappointed in Esme though! Trying to get info out of Monse for JL and Refuge. She felt bad though I trust that.

I am loving BSC JL. I get it, he's had it. He's lost Monse twice and isnt' letting her go this time. Its bringing out the worst in him and speaks of the desperation he feels. He's losing the war rapidly. I also feel bad for him though. I always enjoyed the "Bromance" between Ale and 'Antonio' and even after Ale shot JL, he would still help Ale and Monse be together? No, it isn't fair and I get why JL is losing it. But he too is obsessed with Monse, he's elevated her to such a status when he should have just accepted, she's moved on. I don't want JL to be the bad guy, but its too late.

Thanks for letting me say...
 

Great work on an episode I would have liked to do!

I wonder how much influence the Mexican audience had over Alejandro's decision against accepting Maria's indecent proposal. Not everything about the characters is the same as the two previous versions (which didn't have this second half) so let's not get carried away by that.

There's also that "sister" comment again.

I was hoping that the maid would be able to remember Monse's clothes and that her hair is wavy now vs the straight hair and tight blue dress on Maria. The fact that Aldofo told Gracie and Fabiola to leave probably means that the maid is worm food now.

Maria will come up with some lie and try to frame Monserrat for this crime; it won't take much effort right now. Does Pedro still think she's dead? He will find out tonight or tomorrow that she isn't.
 

Excellent recap, Gloria!

I was doing the slow clap when Ale finally learned from his past mistakes and really listened to Monse. He's finally starting to grow up. And JL has taken the express train to Crazytown and this episode his friends finally started to see that. Unfortunately, none of them are as eloquent as Team Ale to help talk him off the ledge and I think it might be too late for him to return to his senses.

Gracie impressed me with her steadfast insistence that Monse did not kill Sandro, and her fast thinking to get the situation cleaned up. But, what will Pedro ask in return?
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

JL needs his own Macario to come up with pithy sayings that will help open his eyes: If the mare was only on loan to you, then you have to give her back when her owner returns. And the foal you studded belongs to him too.

Doesn't quite work...
 

Santi:

I agree with what you said about JL, but I still think it isn't too late for him. This is the first of him going off the rails. He may yet reign himself in. Ale did the same, awhile back with the whole kill JL thingy. I think JL is right to be angry but using people to get info is not the way. He needs to look into this himself and then deal with it. I know the previews look bad, but I am still holding out hope for JL. After all the actor is billed as a PROTAGANIST, not an ANTAGONIST, jus' sayin'.
 

Urban:

Did Ricarda actually see BM? I know she let Monse in and talked to her, but did she let BM in? Didn't BM just walk in? I may have missed it.
 

The maid let real Monse in, and Maria just walked in on her own. So a sober sane woman saw real Monse enter, and a drunk crazy woman saw who she believed to be Monse fleeing the crime scene.
 

Vivi:

Thanks! I really thought I had missed something. You are right, all Fabs saw was the Monse from behind so to speak. No wonder Fabs is scared. BM did look like Monse from behind.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Santi:

Welcome to Caray Caray, I haven't seen you comment before. I am glad you are here with us as we watch this TN. Don't mind me, I am just an avid defender of JL. I can't help myself. I am for the underdog and I have liked the character until they started making him go off the rails. But one can hope ; )
 

The thing is, the maid is lucid enough to positively identify Monse, wavy hair and loose long skirts and all. While Fab is too sloshed to remember details accurately, likely couldn't describe clothing and hair style, but would still positively identify the killer as Monse because of what she perceived. The maid is key...I wonder if the goons will actually kill her, or scare her into disappearing?
 

Gloria, I always get such a kick out of your "asides". Wish you lived next door and we could watch this together.

"(well, she broke that vow sugarfoot)" Indeed, Montse did..and right quick also.

Sounds like last night was really full of action. I'll look forward to watching it today.

Ninety degree weather here too, Susanlynn, and no pool, just a hot, air-conditioned gym to teach class in. But I love those folks, so it's worth it. Thanks for sharing your story, yesterday. And glad you eventually had a happy ending, although we never stop yearning for the children we lost.

Muchas gracias, Ms. Gloria. Are your three gals out of school now? And still fussing over accessories? Hang in there, lady, and thanks for the recap.
 

Possibility of 93 today. I am so not looking forward to that.

Will step out for breakfast shortly but first want to say that we're overdue for resolution on Padre Anselmo and somebody needs to tell JL to get a grip.

He got to know Alejandro long before this and if he has any memory at all he would realize that there is no way Alejandro killed Benjamin Almonte. JL's obsession with Monserrat will lead him to arresting Alejandro for that crime even though he didn't even have a motive at the time.

Yesterday I saw JL going the way of Pedro in his delusions, but he's really more like Maria in hers.

Everybody who wants to take Pedro down needs to ask himself what Pedro's problem with Alejandro is. EZ is the one closest to the answer, but he's missed it these past 7 years. He's not as intelligent as I thought.

Welcome, Santi!
 

Gloria, I thanked Novela Maven when I should have thanked you. Thank you, Gloria!

Jarifa
 

Gloria, I smiled as soon as I read the title. I think your recaps are always fantastic - straightforward, witty and insightful and your was spot on today.

"(well, she broke that vow sugar foot)", "Ale is scolding Laurito for leaving school while Victor is rewarding Victoria with hugs and kisses" and "Montse, the only semi-smart parent" were among my favorites.

JL's descent into madness makes me sad. His obsessive behavior is cringeworthy. Like Madelaine, I am holding out hope that a miracle will occur and JL will redeem himself in some way. However, I now feel that will likely be in death, rather than life.

Welcome Santi! Enjoyed your comments.

Adolfo is also on a downward slope, hurling into the depths of despair at breakneck speed. I also wanted to believe he might have a happy ending but that seems less likely with each passing minute.

And Maria. I thought the shooting was cold blooded. I believe Adolfo at least experienced a moment of regret in the act. Maria? Not an iota. Carlos, I will be interested to see what you have to say...

Ale is extremely fortunate that Monse loves him enough to give him another chance. She has chosen her destiny and so it shall be. Ale may be redeemed in her eyes, but he will never be in mine. He has more than flitted with the dark side and some deeds are not forgiveable.

Vivi, I agree with UA and think the maid is dead. As the cleaner (thanks Madelaine), I would suspect Adolfo felt he had no choice and no witness would be allowed to survive.

How do you solve a problem like Maria? Her undoing will likely be Pedro. He will be livid when he finds out definitively that she is alive. He may also be Graciela's undoing.

Dreading JL finding Ale and Monse which will happen tonight according to the previews. It appears Maria's obsession with Ale is over as she clearly knows JL will be pushed (further)into the brink of madness.

Thanks again Gloria. This was great.

Diana
 

Gloria..Thank you for that great recap

Wow..who ever expected that Maria and our very own Elna June would be going through the same experience at the same time ? Both are moving into new places and unpacking boxes. However,I am pretty certain that Elna June does not have either a gun or a long, blonde wig in any of her unpacked boxes. Also, it was a bit pitiful to see those every few boxes in Maria's new apartment which Fofo so generously gave her. Either Maria did a lot of uncluttering or she has been traveling light these last seven years. I am guessing it is the second option. She probably did not have many earthly possessions while she was a drug addicted prostitute.. Just guessing.

As for redemption for Maria, I think not. Probably her anvil will be death or prison now she has killed Sandy. I did not see that coming.The villains will continue eliminating each other now. In Amor Real, the Maria character (Antonia) was also obsessed with the galan, and she actually lived with him and not only slept with him but had sex with him. However, she never killed anyone, and she had a happy ending...which really ticked me off.

I was surprised that Ale reconciled with Mony so quickly. I think the one who really managed to get through to him was Macario. He did not pull any punches, and I think that Ale bought that little homily about the mare and the foal. He wants his mare (OMG) so he has to take the foal, too.

Now, that 'Mony and Ale are dancing in the sheets again will Mony be sent to prison for Sandy's murder to separate the lovebirds AGAIN?

The previews were unbelievable. Did crazy Maria follow Ale to the hotel ? That scene of BSC JL in the hotel room standing over the bed was ...yikes.
 

Gloria, you are a wonder. Brilliance week after week. Missed this episode and can't say I feel the urge to watch later on Hulu. You gave me all I needed to know and more.

Going to sort of miss our dear departed Sandho if only for the giggles I always got from his fashionable (NOT) attire. Hey, in this TN you get the smiles anywhere you can.

So I'm guessing Monse will now see the inside of the jail we have grown to know and love with speculation she was the shooter? As chief of police, what will JL do? Keep her there so she can't get to Ale or go to bat for her? He shows up in the next scenes in pink pants, and heavens a scarf, the descent is complete.

And is Gracie throwing one daughter under the bus to save the other? I've really grown to dislike the Fabs character. So worthless.

I agree with everyone on Maria being beyond delusional now. She believes her fantasies as her reality, a very sad place to be. But her antics are growing that target on her back and now that Ale has given her the Sorry, but no tamales speech, she's going to get even more dangerous I'm betting. And, yes, UA, interesting catch on the whole "sister" thing.

Dim has the patience of a saint. I would have grabbed that letter opener and smacked JL good if it was me from what you described. Cripes.

WELCOME Santi!! great comments and hope to hear from you often.


Daisynjay
 

That's guys! What an episode! I am so disguisted with BSC JL right now. He is definately descending into madness. Let her go man. She doesn't love you. Tonight looks really good.

I felt so bad for Adolfo last night. I really like this guy.

Maria is just plain nuts. Bribe a man to sleep with you. Not cool. Get a copy of "He's just not that into you" or just rent the movie. Sorry Carlos. I just can't stand weak, desperate woman. She's beautiful. Find another.

Am missing you guys. I am so behind on your comments. Life has been crazy. Running around with the kids this summer with softball. Luckily it all ends Saturday. I have to say I enjoy watching but it can get quite exhausting.

Judy, happy to report not much arguing on the accessories (yet). I'm sure when school is back in session that will start all over again. Kids are just happy hanging out at the town pool with friends, playing softball, church activities and enjoying life as kids do. Only arguing is when the oldest critiques the middle one on softball plays but other then that pretty much smooth sailing.




 

Dear Gloria,

Thanks so much for a wonderfully written and funny recap of this episode. I really enjoyed reading it this morning on my way to work.

I know what you mean by it being an exhausting experience watching this TN. It takes commitment and dedication to keep with it sometimes and especially when you're on the recapping team.

(At least this is the justification I give to my husband and daughter who can't believe I am still disappearing into my room every night from 9-10 PM and telling them not to bother me under any circumstances. SINCE NOVEMBER 2013)

Sometimes I've wanted to check out, but then I think I can't because I've got to recap! And I'm only doing this one every two weeks. Our team members who do this ONCE a week are amazing.
But we're almost done. They should be making Ultimos Capitulos announcements fairly soon, yes?

Still, I have been consistently engrossed in this TN and impressed with the actors and the drama for the most part. And I love all the community here on Caray Caray.

Also, my Spanish listening skills have improved by leaps and bounds. Those of you who are just starting out, keep watching. You'll see results, I promise! TNs are Mexico's gift to the world of Spanish as a Foreign Language Learning.

Best to all and thanks again, Gloria! Good luck to your children with those final softball games.
Julia R
 

Excellent episode ,i liked Maria killing Sandho ( One slacker down,many to go) .I wonder if Adolfo will kill the maid,the most obvious thing would be to shut her off.JL definetly lost his marbles ,maybe he will be the ULTIMATE villian? Its either that the writers will have him die in sacrifice or Ale will have to dirty his hands ,when JL completely loses himself even more . There are many many candidates for the Ultimate villian here

Pedro: He wants to completely destroy Alejandro ,has done so much damage to Ale,Nadia,Victor,Victoria and many others and has caused the irreparable 7 year loss of timeline.He is the one to thank that Nadia is now blind and that Lauro lost 7 years ,coping without his missing father for so long. When he learns that Ale is Alive ,he will use every of his power to destroy him for good

Maria: She lost all her marbles,she is crazy,uncontrolllable,unpredictable.All she wants to achieve is to posses Ale forever and destroy Monseratt. She has gone from what is supposed to be a sole sister role to the role of a maniac. She holds grudges to everyone,,Graciela,Pedro,Ezequel ,Fabiola and has a very bad influence on Adolfo.

Graciela: After all the damage she has done she was finally promised the inheritance of Benny.Not to mention that she has deals with everyone,has been poisoning Benny,sold her daughter twice. She is also the Queen of Hypocrisity. Mothers who spiral out of control are Pure DANGER.

Ezequel: He was at first a lowly cop,then after the deaths of Loreto and Juvie,became the Chief of the Police.Being the convincing man that he is ,he was able to become the Presidente Municipal despite his obvious shown disloyalty to Pedro but that was managed. He solely wants to destroy Pedro to heighten his political ambitions,he doesnt give a fig about Ale or everyone else. Definetly the one to watch out for.
 

Gloria, I always love your asides! You are the sharpshooter of asides!

I had to mute the TV during the JL, Dim, Refoolio convo. Watching JL with that red shirt and scruffy face is bad enough, but his voice is getting on my last nerve.

My bullet point thoughts:

--JL was menacing and frightening when he kept blocking Montserrat's attempt to go up the stairs after she returned from the "beach". This is the first time I saw fear in her eyes.

--Rosario was equally frightened while both she and JL were waiting for Montserrat to return. Before they showed JL just standing there, I was wondering if he had pulled a gun on her.

--I am very disappointed in Esme. Granted, she said she didn't like doing what she did, but she did it nonetheless. Dim told Montserrat this, but she was in such a rush to get that will, she didn't really ponder the implications of what Esme had just done. I ask you, is what Esme did the mark of a true friend?

--The look on Adolfo's face when he came in to do the clean up work spoke volumes to me. It's as if Adolfo was caught up initially in the whirling vortex known as Pedro, but lacked the inner resources and fortitude to withstand the evil within Pedro. What a loss. I feel he has been a good brother (now, but not in the beginning) to Poor Blind Nadia, but will pay dearly for his choices.

--Maria is a cold blooded murderer. She is without a soul.

--I was proud of Alejandro last night, but...

I am really wondering if the avances are "real" or just another JL nightmare. If real, all I can say is Holy Cow!

Fatima
 

Thanks Gloria. I'm impressed with the writers giving us 4 complex villains who took the road of darkness for different reasons. Adolfo who out of self preservation and loss ( his sister and Fina) still brings out viewers who ar rooting for him; Maria who is just self centered and egotistical will kill just to get what she wants has only Carlos to support her; JL who is going mad for already mentioned reasons has a great deal of hope and support, mine included; EZ who became the perfect husband and seems to be getting a pass for his greedy ambitions and Pedro who lost his soul when he lost his boys is unsupportable. plus Dimi and Fina play their roles so well I am eager to seethem get more screen time. anyway work now calls. Thanks again G.
Yola
 

Gloria, what a wonderful way to start my morning! Last night's episode was action packed and went by really fast, so reliving it again with your vivid descriptions and witty comments was a great addition to my morning coffee. Thanks!

After last night, there can be no redemption for Maria. She shot Sandro in cold blood, even after he gave her the will, and then just headed off to decorate her apartment. As for the maid, I think Fabs will have to get herself a replacement. No spoilers, just thinking that if Adolfo and the cleanup crew do their job and dispose of Sandro and the maid successfully, Montse may not end up going to jail. If there is no body found or witnesses, who is going to press charges? I think Gracie will manage to control Fabs, for a while at least.

Also, I'm glad Ale came to his senses. And Santi, he is showing some growth isn't he? I wish JL would open his eyes and realize that he will never be happy with Montse and just let her go.

Instead each day he loses it more and more. Either Ref, Amelia or the Admiral Robledo need to let him have it "Mac Style" so he can wake up, or I think he will be a goner. Vivi, you had me laughing at:
"JL needs his own Macario to come up with pithy sayings that will help open his eyes: If the mare was only on loan to you, then you have to give her back when her owner returns. And the foal you studded belongs to him too." :-D

In defense of Esme, she seemed really uncomfortable trying to find out info on Ale from Montse. I think she seemed rather relieved that Dim showed up and that she was able to bolt out of there.

Demetrios your list of Ultimate Villains is spot on!

Maricruz
 

Gloria thank you for such a wonderful recap! My favorites have already been quoted above, so I'm going to leave it with a thank you!

I just can't get over the way JL (and, yes, Ale before him) are so determined to imprison a woman who is completely disinterested in him. Really? That sounds like a lifetime of fun to me....

And Vivi-- this line had me laughing out loud: JL needs his own Macario to come up with pithy sayings that will help open his eyes: If the mare was only on loan to you, then you have to give her back when her owner returns. And the foal you studded belongs to him too.

Later!
Rebecca
 

I love Maria!! Crazy as she is, she's the only one who knows what she really wants (or who) and goes after it with a vengeance - and heaven help whoever stands in her way, even Alejandro himself! LOL
 

I love Maria!! Crazy as she is, she's the only one who knows what she really wants (or who) and goes after it with a vengeance - and heaven help whoever stands in her way, even Alejandro himself! LOL
 

Outstanding recap, Gloria. Very well done. You made me chuckle with the apparent intentional ambiguity of this great line:

"She finds Sandro shot on her pristine white couch and starts crying.".

My guess is that she was lamenting more the fate of the pristine white sofa. No way is Adolfo gonna get that stain out.

Let's face it, didn't Sandro deserve killin'? Cold-blooded? Perhaps, but María couldn't really trust him to allow her to walk away with the will just like that, could she? Murder? Technically, yes, but the Patio has been rather forgiving of previous murders. Don't forget Refugio's murder of Lt. Avellaneda and JL's murder of Loreto.

More importantly, María gave us all a shot in the arm by jacking this thing up and getting it moving again. Not only has she removed a very bad man but pointed JL in the direction of the cheatin' lovers. Is she crazy? Definitely. Desperate? Maybe. Weak? Not on your life. Too bad some of the other ladies in this TN are not as strong, focused, and decisive as María.

My favorite scene was JL's feeble and painfully pitiful attempt to intimidate Dimitrio and Demetrio's cool bemusement. Good thing for JL that Dim has such great sense of humor. Someone with less patient indulgence would have probably fed JL that letter opener.

Poor Ricarda. I'm sensing more sympathy for Sandro than for her here on the Patio.

Carlos
 

Welcome Anon. You clearly have good insight.

Carlos
 

Am I the only one amused by Gracie coming to the aid of Fab who, just a few weeks ago, had a "gun" to Gracie's head? Gracie was more than convinced that Monse didn't pull the trigger. Judging by Fab's reaction to the situation, neither of Gracie's daughters can pull a trigger. Unless, of course, some of us are right in thinking Maria might be her daughter. Ale did make his sister comment in regards to Maria last night (even though he said he no longer sees her as that...). Also, Maria and Gracie are both obsessively determined when it comes to what they want.

Caryn
 

Could you please stop callong Dimitrio ,Demetrio ,you are kinda confusing me in there haha :)
 

Could you please stop callong Dimitrio ,Demetrio ,you are kinda confusing me in there haha :)
 

calling*
 

As I've said before, both Maria and Fabiola could be the daughters of Benjamin. They could have been switched at the convent, not necessarily deliberately, but I can imagine it being deliberate if someone there wanted to get back at Gracie for her snobbery.

Gracie is only helping Fabiola because any criminal accusation would reduce Monserrat's market price. One could make the argument that Gracie knows that Monserrat couldn't have done this, but I think she wishes she could have.

Gracie is also obsessed with keeping the maternity of Fabiola secret because of what public knowledge of it would do to her own rep.
 

Yo Demetrios here ,i decided to change my account name because it sounded lame and it got inevitably confused with "Dimitrio" a lot.

Urban,at this point no one can really figure what Gracie thinks right now. Does she really want to help Fabiola or she just desires to take the pennies? She is such a manipulator that not even the Patio doesnt know what to think!
 

I want to thank Gloria and Urban for the great recaps the last two days, am on vacation where I can't watch, the recaps are marvelously detailed.

I have to say I loved the way the story is going, so glad finally Ale and Monse are showing a little more integrity.
 

Graciela has no soul. She is all about el dinero and doesn't care about anyone but herself. She didn't love Benjamin or Lauro and doesn't love her children. They are merely possessions to her.

She still refuses to see Dimitrio as an adult. She hates both her daughters. There is no hope for her.

The biggest favor she can do any of them is to off herself.
 

"Gracie is only helping Fabiola because any criminal accusation would reduce Monserrat's market price. One could make the argument that Gracie knows that Monserrat couldn't have done this, but I think she wishes she could have." - UA, this is so true.

Caryn
 

I don't think the audience has to do anything with what the writers choose to do. Many hated JL y Montse reuniting, getting married, honeymoon , Montse pregnant and the writers did it anyway. The writers can be frustrating but I am grateful they never let Alejandro sleep with Maria. I always hate it when the galan sleeps with the crazy ex and there is fake pregnancy in the telenovelas. It's predictable and so cliche.

Maria is already crazy, do any of us want to see what she would be like if she was pregnant?!
 


Did Sandro have a will? I ask that because I am envious about who will inherit his assorted popsicle-colored blazer collection.

Plus, what about his one-way plane ticket to Miami? Who gets that?

Plus, who is going to "service" Graciela now that Sandro is no longer with us? It's too bad that Juventino is not still around to perform that task.
 

UA,

I strongly disagree with this:

"She hates both her daughters."

While Graciela is hopelessly impaired as a parent, I think that she loves all her children in an admittedly strange if not bizarre way, but it is love as she knows it. She put herself between Montserrat and a pistol aimed at her and she wailed with sincere grief when Montserrat was shot.

I can't really see a legitimate monetary motive for her current attempts to connect with Fabiola. I think that it driven by motherly instinct.

As for:

"She still refuses to see Dimitrio as an adult."

Can you blame her given the Dimitrio we were initially presented with? I seem to recall that you yourself considered him to be a hopeless case when we first met him.

Don't get me wrong, she is by no stretch a good or loving mother in the traditional sense nor is she a good person, but I think she is motivated by motherly instincts and motherly love of her children. I even think that she would sacrifice her life for any one of her children.

Carlos
 

I am certainly no fan of Graciela but she does seem to feel something-- maybe guilt?-- towards Fabby. And, just I think JL has begun to believe his own lie (I lied to protect you Montse!), I think Graciela somehow believes that everything she's doing is for her hijos. Otherwise why the little church scene that JoseLo (I love when she calls him that!) interrupted? It's confusing since she continues to put $ above all, but I think she does want her kids to love her and feels guilty for her part in creating the loser lush Fabiola.
 

I don't see Graciela experiencing guilt at all. Had she had any sense of guilt she would never have perjured herself about Alejandro to strip him of his inheritance.

That showed no love or even respect for Monserrat either. Or for her son, whom Gracie now insults right along with his mother.

The one thing that made Dimitrio redeemable is that he never actually killed anyone. I consider it miraculous that he realized he had massively hurt his sister and been making it up to her. JL does have a point in his accusation that Dim's actions made him a fugitive, even if that was 9 years ago.

Gracie has no respect for her legitimate children's personhood. To her they are pieces on a chess board. Good-looking pieces, but that's all she has ever cared about. Ass for Fabiola, she is probably afraid of being found out.

If Fabiola is her daughter, I'm sure she will make Gracie pay.
 

Carlos: "I think she is motivated by motherly instincts and motherly love of her children. I even think that she would sacrifice her life for any one of her children".

I totally agree. Well stated.

Diana
 

UA, Dim DID kill. He killed Gamboa-- or whatever his name is... I mean was.

Rebecca
 

Rebecca:

Dimi didn't kill Bruno Gamboa in cold blood. There was a struggle for the gun, both Bruno and Dimi were fighting for the gun, when it went off.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Deleted the comment because it duplicated what Mads just said.
 

I like to look at Gracie as a mother who loves her children but with conditions, not unconditionally. There is an expected requirement to always agree to her terms, follow all her wishes for how her children's lives were to be led, and never deviate from the beliefs and perspectives that she has. If they do, they are a "disappointment" and that the affection they receive will never be quite as much as say a more flexible and willing sibling. Are there moments of affection, yes, but also moments where they know full well they are being used to further her agenda. And she see no issue with that and doesn't understand why they do. And heavens you take the father's side against her. As my own mother so brilliantly stated it to me once:

"What did I have children for but to make my life easier, not harder? I expect to be your first priority always. You owe me that much for putting you on this earth."

Gracie to a tee....

Daisynjay
 

Madelaine, fair enough. In any event I have been on team Dim for a long time now, so even if he had killed the scumbag on purpose it would have been ok for me by now.
 

Oh my Daisynjay...you do indeed understand Graciela. You got your degree in the school of maternal hard knocks.

I remember once you mentioning how much your father helped you when you were raising your twin sons on your own. He must have been such a wonderful man. I hope he is still on this earth. But if not, I know you cherish his memory. As do they.
 

Daisy, the problem with women like Gracie is that they are always moving the bar. You can never meet their expectations because they keep changing them. They then either deny they are doing this or they laugh in your face because they are emotional sadists.

There is no way Gracie could love Monserrat and accuse her of the very things she herself has done.

There also cannot be love where there is no respect.

I've said it many times already and nobody else has commented: I believe that Gracie gets off on fleecing men out of money. She may have shown Sandro a good time in bed a time or two, but that doesn't mean she wasn't faking her own enjoyment. She was looking for what she could get out of him, just as she had with Benjamin and Lauro.
 

UA,

"There is no way Gracie could love Monserrat and accuse her of the very things she herself has done."

So... what about all the nasty accusations that Alejando made and ugly names that he called her?

"There also cannot be love where there is no respect."

How much respect did Alejandro show Montserrat by spending the duration of her pregnancy traveling with María?

Is it not possible that sometime horrible things are said and done in anger and yet a genuine feeling of love persists? If not, then the smart thing for Montse would be to dump Alejandro's sorry butt and get back with whiny JL who, even at his very worst, I don't think ever called her a whore.

Carlos
 

On one of my other sites someone posted this article, which is about the same kind of sociopath Gracie is.
 

Gloria: Loved the recap. Looking forward to watching this ep tonight.

Ale: Finally!!, he acts like a galan.

Another mention of Padre Anselmo. Can a reappearance be far behind?

I like that Gracie realized right away who had actually killed Sand.

To be fair to Esme, she is conflicted. She is Mons’ friend but, don’t forget, she was Ref’s and JL’s friend first.

Yola: Carlos isn’t the only one supporting Maria. I feel sorry for her now. She’s obviously very mentally ill.

Demetrios: Love your new handle. Cracked me up.

I also believe Gracie loves her children in her own warped way. Maybe her end will be her being killed protecting one of them.

Welcome, Santi.

Nanette
 

No, unfortunately, Judy, my dad passed on about ten years ago from a rare cancer. But trust me, he's always in our thoughts.

Daisynjay
 

Hi Nanette,

Are you enjoying the rather spicy Virgin Mary I mixed for you yesterday? After last night's episode, perhaps you might prefer to have the real thing?

Carlos


 

Carlos: Thanks for the special Virgin Mary. I meant to ask you about the okra.

Used to FF through Maria's scenes. Now I'm going to watch them all. Once I realized that she was seriously mentally ill, I went from despising her to feeling sorry for her. She only wanted one thing--Ale's love. I really think that she was abused as a child and the inability to get her obsession pushed her over the edge. She didn't stand a chance.
 

After watching last night I'm absolutely convinced that alejandro accepted Maria's deal to get back at Monse. If not, he wouldn't have cancelled going through with it after reconciling with her.
 

I disagree. Alejandro wanted his life back. To do that would require that will to prove that he was the legitimate heir as well as the biological son of Benjamin Almonte.

It would also mean he wouldn't have to hide anymore. That would have gotten the murder charges dropped although it might not have had a domino effect on the legal status of his marriage to Monserrat.

He cancelled because he realized that there was a higher price tag than her having his body for one night.

First line item on that price tag would have been his own conscience and the second was that he would be the continuing victim of Maria's sick obsession. She would never leave him alone. She did once hit Carlota over the head to kidnap Lauro when he was a baby. He doesn't yet even know what she's tried to do to Monserrat but may realize that she means to harm her somehow.

She has tried to kill Monserrat twice. When Alejandro finds that out he will freak.

 

UA: "JL does have a point in his accusation that Dim's actions made him a fugitive, even if that was 9 years ago." While true, he did ask for for forgiveness and JL told him it was all water under the bridge. Even while JL was in jail, Dim continued to be his friend and was one of the few eager people awaiting his release. I didn't feel it right for JL to now hold that against Dim, much less in such a threatening way, poking him with a letter opener. Who else is next?

Laurito? I can just imagine the conversation between little Lauro and JL: " Hey Laurito, remember I bought you a soccer shirt and an RC car? Well now you owe me and you need to tell me where your dad is!"

Maricruz
 

The problem with that scenario is that it might work. Lauro has no clue what danger his real father is in.

As to it being water under the bridge, I am wondering at the sincerity of that comment. He might not have wanted any more difficulty than he already had with his in-laws.

Now, of course, he needs to demonize the whole family.
 

Urban, I agree with you re Graciela being an emotional sadist. I agree 100%.

Daisynjay, I very much appreciated your observations/comments re Graciela. Love with conditions. Yes. I am fully aware of what that means.

Carlos, you said: "Is it not possible that sometime horrible things are said and done in anger and yet a genuine feeling of love persists?" NO, Carlos. No, it is not possible. Those words that cross the line have nothing to do with love. I know it.

Fatima
 

Can I just say how much fun it is to FINALLY be getting somewhere in this TN?! New things to talk about... Well, hopefully!
 

Dear Gloria:
Wow, Gloria, this was a standout recap. Such a dark and eventful episode and you, amiga, got it all.

I am so tired of the male leads' behavior in this show that if Montse were my friend, I would suggest she take a year off dating, entirely. Not just dating, mind you, but, mooning, pining, manipulating and basically being only identified with MEN. Get a grip, Montse. These two men are asshats, as our Sylvia used to say. Try dating an accountant, or an engineer, or a doctor—anyone with health benefits (she needs to deal with mental health issues, big time) and a good retirement plan who wants to parent.

Lord have Mercy, I cannot abide with JL or Ale.

Susanlynn, you will be sad to know that my long blonde wig and the fabulous body that went with it seems to have been lost in the move. Alas, if you hear that I have gone and shot a good looking lawyer, you will know that Mr. June has pushed the unpacking pace a box too far. I would, of course, have to use a pea shooter, since I do not own a gun, so I doubt that my dirty deed would ever make the evening news.

As others have commented, Maria did not look too regretful after shooting Sandro. Perhaps our Carlos may want to obtain a real live heart that one of his colleagues could transplant into Maria.

Looking forward to the action tonight. It looks like a case of 'in flagrante delicto' to me.

Best to all, and thanks again Gloria, for a fine recap.

EJ


 

That price tag was always there. The only difference in the whole situation was his current state with Monse. That price didn't matter when he was angry with her, but all of a sudden its too high a price once they've made up? I see it more that once he made up with Monse, he no longer needed to get back at her and therefore dropped his plan to sleep with Maria.
 

Genuine feelings of love do not automatically prevent someone anger or self control . I know there are some that are capable as you say, but most of us are flawed beings.
 





<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder