Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Que pobres tan ricos: Minerva denigrates the fry-cook, Ana Sofia discovers that manual labor is difficult, Emiliano is tired of eating beans.

  • Mike is a prisoner in red pajamas. Minerva has hidden his cellphone battery. She tells him he's unnecessarily depressed and should trust her.

    She boasts Alejo will have to give her half of everything (later Mike wonders what she has on Alejo, that he might have to be so generous!). She says after losing her (fake) baby she thinks of suicide.

    Carmela thinkgs Lupe should tell Mike about the papers so Lupita tries to call, but Mike's cellphone is sans battery.

    Mike is about to call Lupita when he hears a scream. It's Minerva, pretending to be waking from a nightmare. Mike comes running, she pulls him into her bed.

    She makes vague threats. Mike asks if she's blackmailing him; she counters: "Do you really feel something for that insignificant woman? I understand men need distraction. But you WILL come back to your old life when you're cleared, then you'll forget her." "No, I love her."

    "Don't leave me alone," Minerva pouts, "embrace me a few minutes." He reminds her: "I love another woman." "My embraces will make you forget her! She's just a fry cook, the mama of Alejo's bastard." "How did you know that?" he asks.

    Mike now doubts she has the laptop and tells her he should just leave. She grabs him and swears to have the laptop for him the next day.

    He discovers his battery is missing but finds it and calls Saul; he complains Minerva is trying to seduce him and that he thinks her promises of finding proofs are fake.

    Next day, Minerva has taken Mikes clothes away (they smelled bad). He says he'll trust her one more time and wait while she fetches the laptop. If she fails him, he'll turn himself over to the authorities.

  • Alejo's campaign to seduce the Menchaca family is progressing. He compares himself to Napoleon. Perla tells Alejo she thinks moms and dads should be together but "Lupita's in love with somebody else." "Who am I competing against?" Alejo demands but doesn't get an answer.

    Sunken in gloom, the Menchacas brood over the failed expedition to get the house in their name. Perla suggests they ask Alejo for help. They seem to think his lawyer, Vilma, went rogue on this operation!

    What is awuiwui?

  • Emiliano happily reports "My aunt almost fainted when she saw all the great stuff my dad has!" Lupita scowls. It seems he's getting a bit prince like. He refuses to eat the beans saying: "We had them yesterday!" He doesn't want to remove his own plate from the table. Lupita notices his tennis shoes are wearing out and she has to buy new ones. He doesn't tell her his dad already has bought him fancy shoes.

  • Ana Sofia groans and hobbles histrionically after her attempt at cleaning. She swept everything under the rug. Her take on manual labor: "It was inhuman, worse than in a penetentiary! It's so hard, and so pay is so bad!" "Mom, you always underpaid your workers"

  • Alejo browbeats the police chief. "Half of Mexico has seen my cousin, why can't you find him? I demand you personally go to the Nopalera and hunt for him there again. "Don't tell me how to do my job," the police chief growls.

  • Leo sleeps with his mom? Diego calls and wakes him up, just to hear his voice, and to invite him to go to a movie next day. Leo (out on the balcony holding up the hanger to improve reception) is happy to hear Diego's voice, too. He has butterflies in his stomach after the call - in a good way.

    Ana Sofia comes out and asks who he was talking to. She hopes it was one of his old High Society friends, perhaps with moola to help them out of their porca miseria. He refuses to tell.

  • Outside the penthouse, Saul waits for Minerva to show up, but she's with her mom at the club, complaining: "I passionately threw myself at him and he rejected me!" "I fear you are you a nymphomaniac," mom responds, "You're obsessed, forget this delinquent." "I'll go try to get even more beautified for him, hard as that is to imagine."

    Saul discovers the mom doesn't live at the penthouse any more, the place is for sale.

    Mike takes advantage of Minerva's absence to look through her stuff but finds nothing. He tells Saul: "I'm not staying her a second longer. She's lying, she could turn me in to the police." "She is not that Machiavellian." Finds out she locked him in! It's like a horror movie!

    Saul: "You won't think with agility if you don't breath calmly, inhale, exhale."

  • Nepo is yelling and snarling, he's mad at Diego for wanting to give up on a football career and at Mike for having Lupita's love. He reminds his son there will be no more money for him if he doesn't knuckle under. Diego says he'll get a job, Nepo scoffs.

    Diego says his dad should not judge the RP family so harshly, he doesn't know them. Nepo whines: "I would be happy with Lupe if it wasn't for them." "Open your eyes, dad, she never wanted you for a swain."

    The doorbell rings, it's Lupe, Nepo is overwhelmed, but she just came with an installment of the money to pay the debt.

  • Chuy visits Alejo at the office and reluctantly asks for a favor (he's interrupting Alejo's perusal of some website with girls in bikinis). Alejo summons Vilma and commences yelling at her (she winks as she cowers, this is pre-arranged). He threatens to fire her. Chuy says: "you should never make a woman cry." Alejo tries to play the situation two ways:

    1. Since you are the family of my son Emiliano, I'll take care of you all, don't you worry.

    2. You owed a debt to my father, and now you have to prove the debt is totally paid. But if you help me win over your daughter Lupita, I'll help you with the debt.

    Chuy: "I'm starting to see it was you operating behind that lawyer." "I couldn't be so vulgar and vile." Unconvinced, Chuy leaves.
  • Saul tells Mike to be "less civilized" about leaving Minerva's. Mike throws a golden ball through the front door and is about to step through when the alarm goes off.

Tomorrow: an unspecified tragedy.

Labels:


Comments:
Jane,

Thanks so much for this fantastic recap.

I am so glad MA didn't cave for Mini and so glad he knows her like a book. Now, how is he gonna get out of there, and how will he prove his innocence?

Mini is too funny. I don't know how she thought she could get one over on MA by insulting Lupe.

So Don Chuy is one smart guy! YaY, for outing Ahole and his constant planning of winning over Lupe. I'm glad Don Chuy called Ahole on it too.

Emi is starting to feel entitled, not a good thing. I guess Emi has a hankering for Subway.

I felt so bad for the Menchanca when they were sitting at the table feeling miserable about not being able to secure that house. I'm hoping there is some way they can still get that house free and clear of Ahole.

Had to laugh at Ana Chofi and how cute was Da Vinci in his little matching outfit. I'm glad Ana Chofi now knows how her staff must have felt and about their pay too.

Mini and Nepo are much alike aren't they. They see the other person's lips move, but they are not comprehending what they are saying. They need to unplug their ears.

Diego and Leo how cute are they? I always look forward to their scenes : )
 

Thank you, Jane. I enjoyed your great recap!

AS was at her comic best all tired out from working harder "than forced labor at the penitentiary." Too bad all the dirt went under the carpet.

Alejo is showing us his self awareness more and more with his "napoleanic" comments and him actually saying that he likes to "acorralar" (trap, corner) people. I was so pleased when don Chuy confronted him.

Madelaine, you had me laughing with "I guess Emi has a hankering for a Subway". It has not taken long for Emiliano to turn so spoiled and sullen. He was so obnoxious and even had to be reminded to remove his plate.

Poor Leonardo can't get any privacy from AS. If the truth comes out about him and Diego, she could be just as upset as Nepo will be. She seems to be on to something already but would rather not face it.

Nepo! What an unpleasant man lurks behind the affable persona he projects for people who don't know him very well. Yikes! The Ruizpalacios are now responsible for all of the problems in his life including Diego's dropping soccer. I am so happy that Diego has had the strength of character and saved money to not cave in to Nepo's wishes.

What is this with MA getting locked in the house? Getting locked in a room I can understand, but a house? Would seem like a fire hazard to me. Maybe it was just done for comic effect. Isela has made sure to doom him by reminding Minerva not to just give MA all the info on the laptop. Sad but MA has just been spinning his wheels all this time.

Jarifa



 

why is MA so scared of the alarm?? he should hurry it up instead of freezing freaked out... run, MA, RUN!!!
I too am loving the Diego Armando and Leo scenes... and it was too funny that AS had swept the dirt under the carpet and Frida noticed the bump on the carpet and confronted her...
I have a feeling Emiliano will get hurt somehow possibly trying to go visit Ahole and the one that will be more worried about him will be MA, not Ahole. just a thought.
It will be double dose of humble pie for AS to have to accept her 'porca miseria', having two RP end up with Menchacas, and to top it off, have her bambino end up being gay...
 

Thanks so much Jane!

I'm glad MA's finally realized that he's going to get nothing out of Mini. Of course Alejo would have a house that locks people in. I sure hope Lupe isn't eventually a prisoner there- but of course she wouldn't have taken half the crap MA did from Mini, and she wouldn't freeze during an attempt to break out.

I hope the writers throw us a bone soon and have MA get some bit of proof against Alejo. I'm very glad that Lupe has all the background info on Alejo and the grandfather clause, so she immediately knows what's behind his full court press to impress her family with gifts, and now the house thing. It's very satisfying to see her totally rebuff his advances, while he thinks he has a chance.

AS's attempts at cleaning were hilarious!
 

Vivi, ITA that it is refreshing the heroine is much more informed about the schemes others are trying to wrap her into than most heroines in novelas. Go Lupe!!even if we can see the doom coming up when she is caught between falling into Ahole's trap or protecting MA and keeping a roof over her family's heads.
 

But at least if she walks into the trap, she will do so knowingly and with her eyes and ears open.
 

Wow is the bratification of Emiliano ever moving right along. I guess once you've had a Subway sandwich, you just can't go back to hot, homemade, flavorful, nutritious meals.

Thanks for the recap! About the shared bed thing...yes, Leo and AS, and also Frida, all share a bed. The Ruizpalacios only have two beds, a small one that Mati sleeps in and the large one that everyone else shares. MA slept there, too, until he had to leave.

Nepo is a really nasty piece of work. Guendy is too good for him. I think she should get together with Saul. Maybe Nepo and Minerva can hook up and both be totally self-absorbed and never listen to the other.


And oh my, Nepo's reaction when he finds out about Diego's orientation is going to be infinitely worse given that Diego is with Leo, one of the Ruizpalacios aka The People Who Are Responsible For All Nepo's Problems (in his own mind). Diego had better get started on earning money because I'm not sure how much longer he's going to be able to live in his father's house. I want to find out about Diego's mother! Curses to MA's phone call for interrupting that conversation a few days ago. I think she will make an appearance at some point.
 

I am not a popular blogger, I don't get many comments (sigh). Thanks to everybody who did comment! I fear we are entering the torture doldrums where everything will go wrong for everybody. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the melodrama tns.
 

Jane- You are a rock star!! I love how you've jumped into this tn so far in and are able to catch everything.

I see Julia explained the RP bed situation to you. Frida was in charge of getting the bedding and she sacrificed logic (separate small mattresses for each member) for luxury (one expensive, plush, and LARGE mattress for 4 people).
 

Julia, LOL on
I guess once you've had a Subway sandwich, you just can't go back to hot, homemade, flavorful, nutritious meals.

IMO there is a time and occassion for both... lol even for stewed green pigeon peas with spooned ground green banana 'balls' (bollitas is what we call them in PR)
 

I was also wondering about awuiwui. I found it spelled awiwi in a google search and it said it's slang for "sure" or "okay". General agreement. Perla sounds dippy when she says it but then I think she always sounds dippy anyway.
 

But, Vivi, the large super-deluxe mattress was ON SALE! It was a deal she couldn't pass up! And it's the same model that Wills and Kate sleep on or some such nonsense like that!

I hope there's a class in reasoning at Frida's posh school and that she actually attends it. So far it seems like the entire curriculum there is snobbery and insults.
 

also loved
Maybe Nepo and Minerva can hook up and both be totally self-absorbed and never listen to the other.

Vivi, loved your description of what Frida did to trigger the family sharing the bed... sacrificed logic for luxury... she has come some ways from there, not sure how far though.



 

Julia, LOL!!! not sure Frida was used to looking for SALE signs... but too funny on the 'William and Kate' signature line... kind of the 'Eddie Bauer' Ford Expedition.
 

Meanwhile, there's a whole spare empty bed in the room Tizoc and Emiliano share. Too bad the Ruizpalacios aren't more gracious and helpful houseguests; maybe if they were nicer they could borrow that bed for one of them to sleep in. Although AS and Leo would probably both be convinced that it carried lower-class cooties.
 

It was funny when Leo woke up to the phone ringing, it looked like AS was sleeping with her hand on Frida's face.
 

That's hysterical about the bed. Meanwhile Ana Sofia is hogging it in her dramatic and inebriated state.
 

Jane, did you see any of the early episodes, before MA built the extension on the penthouse and earned enough money to buy the two mattresses? Chuy let Mati, AS, and Frida (for awhile, then Frida got kicked out) sleep in his bedroom, and Leo and MA had to sleep in the room on the roof, which was just a small storage room full of all their stuff at that point (it's the part that is behind the big curtain now). So MA and Leo spent every night lying on the hard floor, wrapped in a sheet of plastic and fighting over AS's fur vest, FREEZING, because they weren't resourceful enough to look through all the heap of stuff they had moved to find some blankets and things. There were several rolled-up rugs right behind them in all these scenes, which they never thought to unroll onto the floor to make it more comfortable.
 

Julia, I wish I could go back and see those early episodes. Is there a way?
 

if you subscribe to hulu plus you can see all the previous episodes ;)
 

the other funny moments in early episodes were when the Menchacas would offer the RPs food, Mati, MA and Frida would eat right away but AS and Leo would always pass at first and end up devouring the food later on when they could not stand anymore the hunger...
 

Thanks, Jane! I'm sorry I couldn't comment earlier, but that's how my Wednesdays are.

I still don't understand how anyone can pick up a cellphone with no battery in it and not realize that it's a lot lighter; but then I still use a flip phone, so what do I know?

I'm ready for Emiliano to fall down that well, any day now. (I realize someone has to dig the well first. I nominate Ana Sofia.) If his dietary snootiness extends only as far as Subway, Lupe should thank her lucky stars that Ahole hasn't introduced the boy to sushi yet.

I don't think AS will take it too hard when she finds out about Leo and Diego... as long as Leo ends up with a job where he can get her a discount on fancy things.

Jarifa, some months ago MA somehow got himself locked INTO Ahole's office, so this isn't even the first time he's had to sneak out. Ahole really seems to like fixing up his places so that you need a key to get OUT. I guess it makes sense if you have a dungeon, but not your own office!!

Marta, in MA's defense, I once did the same thing. I tripped a door alarm when I was leaving the building where my grandparents live, and I was so startled by the noise that I stepped back into the building and shut the door! Then of course I had to set off the alarm again to get out. LOL!!

I don't think MA was in any of the avances scenes where everyone else looked worried, so I wonder if the big tragedy involves him getting caught. :-(
 

Also in early episodes: MA's "seating disorder." He could not ever seem to sit properly on his first attempt with any chair or sofa, and at one point he was even beaten with a folding chair in a wrestling ring.

I'm not sure exactly when or why the seating disorder schtick was discontinued, but I don't miss it. It was cute at first, but it went on for way too long.

"Way too long" was also the amount of time before he finally changed his clothes.
 

The full episodes can also be found in Univision's site under 'novelas y series'
 

The Big Tragedy could just be misdirection. Avances Announcer Guy does tend to get overly excited about things :).

Julie, I like your plan for Emiliano. AS needs to get digging. Enzo can show up, but I hope he leaves the little monster down there in the well until he shapes up.

The door lock situations in telenovelas always freak me out. So many fire hazards! Doors you need a key to open from the INSIDE?!?! Yet people rarely think to lock a door so that someone they don't want around can't get IN.
 

What should they give Emi to eat each day when he's in the well?

Subway sandwiches for every meal? Or more beans?

The first time I ever saw a locked-from-the-inside scenario was in LFMB when El Cheque's gold-digging girlfriend was locked in a dressing room. What kind of studio lets you lock up the performers in their dressing rooms? (Maybe it helps to keep them out of trouble!)
 

Maybe Vilma should mix up some antacids for Em to drink down in the well, since he's aiming to be more like his father.
 

Jane, thank you, thank you! You do a great job recapping and I can't believe how quickly you came up to speed on a show that's halfway over!
Again, thank you, Ann
 

Once again my apologies for not contributing to the conversation here more often. I just finished catching up with last night's episode (as well as Monday's and Tuesday's) though I have kept up with the recaps and comments. Thanks Jane, this recap is great.

I especially enjoyed watching Minnie trying to lure MA into her bed. She is just so funny. This was hilarious:

"Living with him has been an inferno. I even thought about taking my own life... but as my mother said... that could even worsen my situation."

No kidding.

Thanks to all of you who have kept providing us with these great recaps for this excellent TN which is simply not getting the attention it deserves.

Carlos
 

Carlos -
""Living with him has been an inferno. I even thought about taking my own life... but as my mother said... that could even worsen my situation."
That is exactly the line that caught my attention for this episode! These writers are great!
 

Thanks Jane and all you wonderful recappers. I keep up with the reading but can't seem to quite catch up with my recordings.

I always thought Perla Ivette was trying out a little French when she said a wi wi. You know, "ah oui oui". Cuz she's so stylish.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder