Wednesday, July 30, 2014

De Que Te Queiro, Te Quiero #144, 7/29/2014

De Que es un Asesino, es un Asesino!

Hey all! I only just now saw a note from poor Karen whose power has gone out, so she can’t do the recap. I’m doing a very quick and dirty recap in place of the fabulous one we would have had from Karen had she seen the show.

Forgiveness or Truce?
Nat tells Grumps she really has no need or desire to forgive him, considering how horrible he was to her and their lack of emotional ties. But she's willing to make peace. They take each others hand. Grumps seems moved. Nat seems resigned but at peace with their truce.

El, Crazy or Crazy in Love?
El continues to be plagued by the even more diminutive Mr. Mushroom in devil form, harping on him about his lack of cash to allow Carmen and her kids to live in style. He consults Morales (who has just finally found a recent and large movement of cash made by Rod). Morales tells him money doesn’t matter; what matters is that El and Carm are made for each other. El feels a lot better, and the BFFs seem to have made peace.

While El is taking Carmen to work and Lupita to school, Lupita tells El she’s changed her mind about the expensive dress. She seems very sincere in saying that it’s a waste of money. El gets annoyed with Carmen because he thinks she put Lupita up to it and doesn’t believe he can provide. Carmen makes a very good point about not wasting money on frivolous whims, but all El hears is an insult to his manhood. He leaves in a huff. Carmen wonders if he’s bipolar and calls the Mushroom for a consult. The Mushroom promises to come over to the fonda to talk about it. Brigitte convinces him to take advantage of this opportunity to cause problems for Carm and El.

Brit Gets Legit
Brigitte disturbs Papa Mushroom’s peaceful meal in his hotel room as usual. She squeals with delight when he says he’ll look into finding out how he can give her his name (she asked, and also said it was a quick way to Carmen's heart)—but only if it isn’t too much trouble to do. Brat squeals even louder when he orders his chauffer to drive her to work. Rod sees her emerge from the fancy car in front of Caprico and jokes that she found a new sugar daddy. She brags about her RICH and famous daddy, and Rod nastily teases that she may even be worthy of being his wife now. He wonders if his suegro knows she’s pregnant. She doesn’t answer. After Papa Mushroom calls to tell her they are headed to the French embassy tomorrow morning to see about changing her name, she slams her resignation letter down on Rod’s desk—counting her chicks WAY before they hatch.

Irene and Her Men
Irene thinks about what Karina told her about the baby deal and Al still loving her. She calls Nat over to talk. Nat tells her basically to snap out of it. They have two good men who love them and they need to listen to their heads, not their hearts. Irene doesn’t look convinced.

Irene goes to the pharmacy and bumps into Alonso. He takes the opportunity to once again try to convince her to dump her husband and be with him. Irene refuses. Even though Irene now believes it was just a baby-making deal, Karina would always be there between them-- plus, she would never end her marriage. And even if she would, she can’t give Al what he wants—babies. She finally admits to Al that she’s sterile and has a good cry on his shoulder. He tells her it doesn’t matter to him, but she is not convinced.

After returning from changing his will—Nat and Irene get an equal share, 20% of his assets will go to his foundation for scholarships for young artists, Irene will run the foundation, and the letter is to be read upon his death—Tad sees that Irene looks down when she gets back from the pharmacy. She denies it. He wants them to go on a trip to Paris with Nat, and Andres too, if they are married soon. Irene makes a face. Tad reveals that he heard her conversation with Nat about not getting into a loveless marriage, like theirs. He offers to give Irene her freedom to be with Al. Irene says she is with Tad of her own free will, she’s not leaving, and that there are many forms of love. She says she loves (querer) him, and they share a chaste kiss on the lips.

A-E-I-O!!!
Grumps calls Rod and demands that he locate and bring back Rosa (Rosa is actually in the hospital room with him). Rod calls Rosa immediately and threatens that if she tells Grumps anything, she’s toast! She and Grumps continue with their plans.

Rod continues his reign of terror at home. After a visit from Ghost Al, he decides he needs to bump Tiburcio off.  He sends Hilda away to buy something random again, Lala is not at home, and Hilda can see the writing on the wall. Instead of turning right around to surprise him in the act, she actually leaves the house, knowing that Rod likely has every intention of killing her husband. She frets and wrings her hands and wonders what she should do. Meanwhile, Rod is threatening poor Tib and threatening to also hurt Hilda, if Tib doesn’t keep his mouth shut (well, more shut). Then he takes a pillow and starts smothering poor Tib! Outside, Diego has come to the house, having heard that Grumps will be returning soon and wanting to chat with Rod, who he doesn’t trust to care for Grumps. He rushes over to Hilda who can’t seem to get a single word out. Finally, after the man is practically half dead, Diego comes into the house, shouting loud enough for Rod to stop what he’s doing, and have enough time to threaten Tib again,  get a glass of milk, and casually stroll into the foyer, where Diego is still standing around yelling for him. They have some words about Grumps, and Rob smugly makes his way up the stairs.

Diego, Hilda and Lala finally check up on poor Tib, who is terrified out of his mind. Tib repeats his usual mantra, but this time he is able to pronounce the “s” and after many tries, Diego finally understands him. AS-E-I-O! AS-E-I-O! AS-E-I-O! “Ah! Asesino! Rod is a killer? He killed Alberto? You saw it? That’s what you’ve been trying to tell us?” Tib blinks yes to all their questions. They all decide it’s no longer safe for Tib to be in the same house as Rod. (Ya think?!! Idiots.)  At Bro Central, Diego reports the latest to Al, who calls a friend who runs a rehab center/rest home who can take Tib and Hilda in. The next day, Diego picks up Mr. and Mrs. T while Rod is at work. They say farewell to Lala (who is now left alone with that demon), and are installed in the secret rest home. Hilda is sure Rod won’t be able to find them and hugs her Viejo. Tib doesn’t seem convinced, and neither am I.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you, Vivi! Karen, I hope you get power back soon!

I got that same ominous feeling when Diego said Rod wouldn't be able to track Tib down at this rehab place. I wish he hadn't said it!

Brigitte quitting was rather comical. From what I could tell, her job description consists of counting buttons and making personal calls from Irene's old office. I'm sure Rod could have fired her already with little to no effect on the company's day-to-day operations!
 

Love how El calls the Mushroom Man "Huitlacoche." Champignon is mushroom. Mushrooms are fungi. Huitlacoche is a fungus that grows on corn. Ergo, Pau is a fungus! Ha ha ha
 

Karen, so sorry about your power! Hope it's restored soon.

Vivi, thank you for stepping in and providing this delightful recap. I had to pare down my list of favorites but couldn't part with "the even more diminutive Mr. Mushroom in devil form", "
Brit Gets Legit" and "she slams her resignation letter down on Rod’s desk—counting her chicks WAY before they hatch". Thought "They all decide it’s no longer safe for Tib to be in the same house as Rod. (Ya think?!! Idiots)" was spot on.

“Irene thinks about what Karina told her about the baby deal and Al still loving her”. Really Irene? You call your daughter to discuss the fact you still love loser Al, despite being married to Tadeo, your daughter’s father who loves and adores you unconditionally? I’m starting to think Irene doesn’t deserve Tadeo.

And I’m furious with Alonso who refuses to let Irene alone, badgering her yet again. Harrumph.
I’m glad Tad told Irene he overheard her conversation. I am really hoping that they take that dream trip and that somehow Irene falls in love with him again.

Vivi, I also could not believe Hilda actually left the house leaving Tib alone with Rod. What was she thinking? I don’t think Hilda deserves Tib either. “Hilda is sure Rod won’t be able to find them and hugs her Viejo. Tib doesn’t seem convinced, and neither am I”. Agree with you and Kat. I’m still scared.

Finally, the reconciliation we’ve all been waiting for! El and Morales. Yeah!

I just love this show. From Morales saying "Bingo", to El wrestling with Paul the devil, I'm enjoying every moment, smiling away at these (mostly) loveable characters.

So enjoying the recapping and comments.

Diana
 

Vivi, excellent and hardly a break before coming off the bench to score. "counting her chicks WAY before they hatch"

On my high horse I ride. Have the writers watched too many commercials for the pharmaceutical industry and I guess why even Carmen can spot bi polar disorder? Will she now, with Paul and Alonso's help, attempt to medicate El? In real life it ain't funny, having a sibling that has struggled with a real chemical imbalance for 30 years.

Alonso - bumping into someone in front of 7-11 is not fate

Irene - just lie a little will you

Hildabeast - hard or soft shell taco?

Diego - hold on another minute Tiburcio, let me check the doors again, make sure the iron is unplugged and stove off

Carmen - smooth, conspire with the man that brings out his insecurities

Nat - I'd be jealous too but would never admit it

Andres - soon to be exiled to the land of mis-fit boys

Tad - he'll be sleeping in your bed soon enough, no need to rush

Brigitte - We are the Champignons, we are the Champignons, of the worllllddd

Vincente - his offense is better than your defense

Hot Rod - can't a man murder someone in peace

 

Hi, Vivi,

Thanks for jumping into the breech, and for this funny recap.

This seemed to me like it was all over the place.

Brat is a classic example of someone who, if they could buy themselves for what they are worth and sell themselves for what they think they are worth, would make a huge profit. She needs a T-shirt that says: "I may be a knocked up slut, but my daddy is rich."

Carmen calling Mushroom Man for advice about El's mental condition? I just don't know what to say! This won't turn out well.

Irene and Nat giving each other advice on relationships? Uhm..., well,...

Anon 1:19 enjoyed your comment on fungus.

By the way, toward the end, didn't Nat stumble upon the new home for Mr. T while looking for something else? When Diego kept grabbing her it made me uncomfortable, but, this being a tn, the kiss he plants on her seems to get a response from her.

Thanks again Vivi for helping us understand what happened here.

David
 

David, I'm with you on the Irene calling Nat and spewing emotional vomit on her daughter about her father. She obviously has no concept of boundaries. This is the type of conversation I recall having with my friends when I was 15
 

Morning all! Thanks for the nice comments.

Anon 1:19- El really does have the best snarky nicknames for Carmen's exs, doesn't he? :)

Kat- Yeah. It's not like Brat actually "works" to earn that paycheck. Somehow, I don't see Mushroom setting up a trust fund for her to live on.

Diana- I was also tickled by El wrestling tiny Paul devil, and happy he and Morales made up. They both seemed so happy to be together again. I was equally annoyed by Al accosting (and kissing) Irene. She's a married woman! It's just disrespectful. It doesn't matter if they are in love, or whatever.

Tofie- I hear ya about the bipolar thing. The way they throw that diagnosis around in tns, either seriously or in jest, is ridiculous.

David- I saw the episode via my dvr recoding, so I didn't see Diego run into Nat. Was it at the very end of the episode? In any case, I don't think Tib's location will remain a secret from Rod. Poor Tib!
 

Thanks Vivi, love it. Tofie dear don't get yourself worked up over the mention of bipolar. Bipolar is best known for its mood swings. That's what Carmen is judging El by.
I try to keep reality out of this as much as possible. I have a lot of alcoholics in my family. Yet I find it laughable when they are imitated in the novela. Lighten up a bit. Taking it serious doesn't make it go away.
 

Yes, Vivi, the scene with Diego leaving Mr. T's new living quarters was at the very end of the episode. My concern with this interaction was that, as so often happens in tns, the grabby galan, instead of getting slugged or getting kicked in the crotch, manages to plant a kiss on the female character, and she melts in his arms.

Tofie, they treat a lot of awful diseases in lame ways on these tns, don't they? I am amazed at your ability to throw out these snapshot portrayals of the characters in such a humorous and telling way.

Diana, your comments are like well thought out battle plans while mine seem like drive-by shootings.

David
 

David: "Carmen calling Mushroom Man for advice about El's mental condition? I just don't know what to say! This won't turn out well". Yes, still chuckling.

tofie, "Tad - he'll be sleeping in your bed soon enough, no need to rush". Huge sigh. We can only hope NOT...

Diana
 

I really don't know why Carmen didn't call Alonso first. She's called him for advice before. What could possibly go wrong, having an ex who still wants to jump her bones analyzing her current jealous boyfriend? *rolls eyes*


 

Carmen probably didn't call Alonso first because he decided to play RUNTELDAT blabbing to Eleazar that Carmen was fooling around on him with Mushroom.

IMO Irene's emotional growth & development stopped when she was pregnant with Natalia (late teens). So if she is acting like a 19 year old girl it's because emotionally she's a 19 year old girl.
 

Anon207 yep and she's been a barfly for 20 years so she has the emotional maturity of a teen. She acts like it and always thought she sees Tad as a surrogate father.

This is the second Televisa TN back to back I've watched that I don't want the intended to be together. (PSMA) Is that by intent? That whole Irene and Alonso blubberbust made me queasy and the Nat & Diego thingie juvenile at best. I don't have a problem with El & Carmen but dammit if she isn't trying to squirrel that one too.

 

Why on earth would the writers think that Irene and Alonso belong together? Unless there are major personality changes in both of them, I won't buy it for a minute.

Nanette
 

Just read that Eddy Villard (the wonderful Pablo from Amor Bravio) is going to be in Hasta El Fin Del Mundo.
 

I liked the Irene and Alonso storyline back when it was about age being just a number. Then they both started acting like children, regardless of age. Oh, sorry, that's insulting to the many children who are WAY more mature. Anyway...they seem to have forgotten, or expected us to forget, that Irene finding out she couldn't have children was NOT the reason they broke up. It was Karina hiring those two girls to gossip in the bathroom about how Alonso sleeps with all his patients. It was never spoken of again, Karina never confessed to having hired them, and Irene was never convinced that it wasn't true...and yet she keeps interacting with him, took Natalia to see him, etc. That's what I found most bizarre about Karina talking to Irene at the hospital...who cares that they're only babymaking partners or that he's still in love with her? The thing she should have been confessing, if she wanted to clear up misunderstandings was that she was behind the gossip and that it wasn't true.
 

Kat: children who are way more mature: Lupita!!!
 

Kat, I had forgotten about the girls in the bathroom and gossip as the reason. I too had no problem initially with the age, however that was before I got to know Tad and Alonso better. What a BIG difference in the men. More and more Alonso proved to be a bozo and a frat boy that had never grown up. I tune him out best I can now whenever he is on screen. When he started all this divorce Tad I wuv U crap, stick a fork in me I'm done.
 

Did anyone else notice that when El was driving them in the cop car, Carmen and Lupita had the same facial and body gestures? Upturned face, crossed arms, and they even turned and looked out the car window at the same time. El is going to have his hands full being ruled by these two strong women once he and Carm finally tie the knot.
 

missed all the detail of the scene Vivi but knew something going on besides Lupita's 180 on the designer dress. I was focused totally on Lupita and her facial expressions and body language but that happens every time I see her in a scene. Love when she picks up something said and you can see the wheels turning.
 

El just needs to give up the macho act and accept that Carmen and Lupita are his bosses now.
 

Thanks so much Vivi for covering for me!! And your recap was great. Let me know as I can cover Thursday for you.

Thanks for your concern, I'm so happy my power is back.

I'm ignoring the annoying characters (Mushroom Man, Brat, and Alonso) and celebrating the reuniting of El and Morales.

Have to agree w/Diana about Irene not deserving Tad. And tofie thanks for another great list.
 

Yay! Karen, I'm so glad your power is back up. I would love it if you could cover for me tomorrow evening. We have another workshop starting tomorrow, so it would be a big help.
 

Good grief, yes! El and Morales...reunited and it feels sooo good!

Next spin off...All the older kids are out of the house and it's just El, Carmen, and Lupita. The show will be called "Lupita in Charge."
 

Tofie- Yes! The Lupita actress is always very present in her scenes. Not just background filler until she says a cute line like child actors in many other shows/tns. You can see her processing what's going on and reacting, not just acting.
 

Yes Vivi I'll take Thursday. Enjoy our workshop.

And ITA w/both you and tofie regarding the actress who plays Lupita she is very present. It doesn't seem like she's acting.
 

Vivi: noticed Lupita pulling her skirt down over her knees. She's so adorable.
 

Thanks Vivi for filling in for Karen with a great recap. Of the many lines I liked, the one that takes the cake is: "Tib doesn’t seem convinced, and neither am I".
I'll bet my bottom dollar that within the next episode or two Rod will find out where Tib is and get to torture poor Tib some more. As if we need the drama, someone will carelessly leave a note with the address lying around.

5ft, I had forgotten about Karina starting the rumor about Al sleeping around. Irene still believes this as well as knowing that he made Karina pregnant (as someone said "the old fashioned way". I assumed she had better taste. Guess you can't tell a book by its cover afterall.
 

I feel like I have to give her some credit for both being (inexplicably) attracted to him AND refusing to be with him. I'm afraid it won't last past Tad's demise (Save Tad!) but it's...better than nothing?
 

Thanks Karen and Vivi. I swear I don't remember there being a firm decision about who was taking this recap. I'm glad my last minute change of plans didn't leave us recapless.

I'm glad your power is back Karen!

Kat-I had completely forgotten about those girls in the bathroom. Thanks for that reminder.

I just skimmed through the comments so I can't remember exactly who said it, but I also thought it was all over the place last night too.

I'm very relieved that Tib is out of the house. I just hope Vicente is safe!
 

Sara- Can you believe that you just said that you hope Vicente is safe?!
 

I know, right?? Last week I didn't trust him, but he really seems to be trying to set things right.

Now about that will.....
 

Yeah, the fact that he's still holding out on telling the truth about the will makes me not totally trust him.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder